Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


16,901 to 16,950 of 26,346 << first < prev | 334 | 335 | 336 | 337 | 338 | 339 | 340 | 341 | 342 | 343 | 344 | next > last >>

Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Augury is such an annoying spell to figure out.

I believe we should ask if traveling down a path will help us catch the thug that carried Sascar the quickest. if we get 'Woe' then we go in the oppisite direction.

Right/Left,North/South depending on how the map is read.

Map

EDIT: Or just finding Sascar since the thug might have gone elsewhere.


So Ziz asks if traveling down this sewer tunnel is the proper path to catch up to thugs with Sascar. "Weal"


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Let us get going!


Evil GM

Using the map in the earlier post what are you all going to do?

Daniel the hound is still very occupied with securing Mrs. Penwick and bringing her back to her husband. She is starting to come around from her recent passing out and thumping on the ground.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Follow the direction Ziz got the 'Weal' answer. I assume Lucrezia will keep sniffing for tracks and such.
Perception when/if needed: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

Andrea's wig falls over her face.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

perception 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (12) + 19 = 31
survival 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31

"What exactly does 'weal' mean anyway?"

Lucrezia scans the tunnel as they go, trying to look for any traps and seeing if she can pick up the trail of the thug.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Daniel follows along, just behind Lucretia, sword ready


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea replies to Lucrezia,That which is best for something.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Lead on Lucrezia.


Evil GM

You get to an intersection and the sewer gully widens to nearly 10 feet and the center get very wide.

Current Map

The water is flowing quickly and there is an inflow hitting the wide area of water.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea follows along, her light crossbow strangely aimed at the wide area of sludge, totally not expecting anything lurking in there.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

To his Half Orc eyes the place looks bright. If only he had some skill in tracking


Evil GM

The intersection is wider than any you've ever encountered in the stone work looks newer, with slightly different craftsmanship from other tunnels you've been in. Make a sense motive check - for confirming a hunch.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 2 - 4 = 15


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Sense Motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Evil GM

Andrea you get a strong feeling that you are near the location, you can feel it in your bones. Their hideout is near, perhaps, even behind one of these walls.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

I feel we are very near the hideout location. I really feel it. perhaps behind a false wall.


Evil GM

After Andrea's mentions her feeling how is the group going to proceed?

Everyone can make perception check. It's sound based if you get a bonus for it.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

perception 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30

At Andrea's mention of possible false walls, Lucreiza begins feeling around and examining the walls.

"Well, maybe we could slow up for a sec and look at the walls, just in case there is a false one..."

Lucrezia will continue along at a slower pace with her hand along the wall.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea casts Guidance on herself and gets very quiet as she listens and feels the wall as well.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33


Evil GM

Lucrezia you see in your peripheral vision to your west two shadows and hear grumbling that suddenly stops, "Hey whatchadoing 'ere? comes an excited voice. One shadowy figure is on either side of the sewer gully they each appear to be holding a bow.

Andrea you don't see the two shadowy figures but you do hear the question that was asked.

Ziz sees and hears the situation from his POV hovering invisible in the middle.

Sewer MAP

This is slick stone that water on some of the surface its an Acro or Jump DC15 to cross it.


Evil GM

Initiative:

Andrea: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
Orsin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Lucrezia: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
John: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Daniel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Faelyn: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Faelyn: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Guard 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Gaurd 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Initiative Order:
Faelyn
Guard 2
John
Orsin
Andrea
Lucrezia
Guard 1
Daniel

Sewer MAP RD 1

There is not surprise round and round 1 begins:


Boss we got trouble to our left. 2 bowman and they look like they can use them.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Daniels head whips back and forth trying to spot any foes with his racial ACUTE Darkvision (90ft).


Evil GM

Daniel what you heard Lucrezia call out was potential danger coming from a side tunnel that you are not in position to assess. However, you do note with four tunnel all converging on one spot, it's a perfect place corner you all in the middle.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Let us not rush ahead, if we try leaping after them no doubt half of us will end in the muck and the current here is swift. Lucrezia can snipe at them while we look for a better way to cross.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

We could get surrounded on all sides here. Let's get into a narrower space. John and I should bookend.

He uses his quickdraw sheath to pull his Wand and cast Divine Favor on himself and moves to Y26.
Lucretia, get behind me and fire over my shoulder.
Acro1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants


Do we know how deep the sewer is?


Evil GM

RD 1: Guard 2

The shadowy figure approaches 20 feet closer to get aim at Lucrezia W17 > W21

flaming arrow: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 14 + 1 = 26;damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
plus fire 1d6 ⇒ 6

The arrow stings hard and the flame bits.


Evil GM

Lucrezia I don't think you've been in the sewer before have you?

The sewer water is mucky and it's depth can be deceiving, certainly the large area to your left is going to be deeper than the channels leading to and fro.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Battle Template
HP 61/61
Current Saves: F11R5W13
AC: 24/T16/FF24
In hands: Wooden shield,Lt. Crossbow
Current BaB: +7/+2
Spells in Effect;Vindicator's Shield(+4 AC until struck),Magic Circle (+2 AC/Saves 10' Radius 65 minutes),Resist Energy COmmunal-Fire(20 points 6 minutes on everyone) (Bless +1 Hit/Saves vs. fear 2 minutes)
Channels 1/5

Just scratch off any Fire damage

Ziz, keep close to Lucrezia and make sure to keep her healed please


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants


1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 - 2 = 24
damage 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 4 = 9
1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 2 = 17
damage 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 4 = 16

Lucrezia sends a couple arrows off at the one that shot at her.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Fortunatly for Daniel, before he takes his dip in the sewer, Andrea casts Guidance on him giving him that little extra so his boots find purchase

+1 to any of his rolls


Evil GM

The first arrow hits home Lucrezia.


Evil GM

Rd 1: Guard 1

He is going to hold to see if anyone crosses the gully and approaches. If someone does, he will shot.


Evil GM

Rd 1 mid round summary:

Faelyn -
Guard 2 - hit lucrezia for 8 damage
John -
Orsin -
Andrea - cast guidance on daniel
Lucrezia - hit Guard 2 for 9HP
Guard 1 -holding
Daniel

MAP UPDATE


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

I took my action. Moved to across to Y26 and cast Divine Favor on myself via wand. Made the DC15 Acro check with Andrea's guidence.


Evil GM

Daniel did you action include Andrea's +1 Guidance? It's a DC15 to jump or acro across the the gully. if your roll roll included the +1 guidance already then you fell in. I will need a reflex and fort save.

Edit: I see you did get a DC with the guidance check.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Nope my original roll was acro+7mod-6armor=14. +1 for guidence was 15.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

He rolled 14 but I fortunately gave him a +1 from Guidance which gives him a 15 and just making it


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Plus, I have boots of the cat. If I fall I ALWAYS land on my feet. Awesome item for Sir 'Clanks alot'. I gotta get some mithral fullplate!


Evil GM

RD 1: DMPC

Orsin is going to move up to Y29 to guard that side of the tunnel, he is bit more cautious in his armor and lack of proficiency in jumping in such a tight area and potential deep sludgy water.

John will go back to the wood planks that were back behind you and gather those, (4-6 RDs to do this)(John hasn't been on in a while so I figured this will handle some of his actions.)

Leaving only Faelyn to act.


Evil GM

Faelyn has his RD 1 action and the guard 1 may take his action pending on Faelyn move.

Rd 2

Faelyn -
Guard 2 -
John - going back for some wood planks second Rd.
Orsin -
Andrea -
Lucrezia -
Guard 1 -
Daniel

RD 2 MAP


Evil GM
Daniel Arrisen wrote:
Plus, I have boots of the cat. If I fall I ALWAYS land on my feet. Awesome item for Sir 'Clanks alot'. I gotta get some mithral fullplate!

Handy at least you may drown standing on your feet under the sewage water. LOL


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

LMFAO! Also, I forgot my Armor check of -6 is 5 for armor,-1 for shield. The quickdraw shield is stowed. So the penalty was only -5. Made the DC even without the Guidence.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Map isn't loading for some reason


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Rd2.Buffs: Divine Favor. +2 luck to attack and damage. 9rds left.

Daniel restows his wand in his QUICKDRAW SHEATH. (Move action) Then 5ft steps to the ledge in X25. He sees a guard along the path and, taking it on face value that a man working for a group like the Redknives would have a blackheart, casts CHALLENGE EVIL at the guard in his line of sight.
Face Me, Coward!
Then, like lightning, draws his QUICKDRAW SHIELD. (swift action)

He had to hope the man was weak willed and evil. Daniel was no wizard.

Challenge Evil:You challenge an evil creature to bring the fight to you, or suffer the consequences. You gain a +2 sacred bonus on all melee attacks against the subject of the spell. At the end of its turn, if the target has not made at least one attack on you, it becomes sickened. If you move away from the target, the spell ends. DC:14will save to negate the Sickened.


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:
Map isn't loading for some reason

Try it now, it loads for me.


Evil GM

I will need everyone to make another perception check to be applied a the end of the round.

16,901 to 16,950 of 26,346 << first < prev | 334 | 335 | 336 | 337 | 338 | 339 | 340 | 341 | 342 | 343 | 344 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.