Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


16,851 to 16,900 of 26,346 << first < prev | 333 | 334 | 335 | 336 | 337 | 338 | 339 | 340 | 341 | 342 | 343 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Lucrezia is able to disable the trap. You figure you choose the right direction to travel.

Before you arrived to the party Lucrezia there was trap finder Duncan use to call trigger because he set off a wall scythe blade by setting it off.


Movanic Diva Init +7, AC24/13/21+4vs EVIL, HP126/126 DR10/evil, F12/R11/W9+4vs EVIL,+4vs Poison, Perception+26, Immune Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, SR21
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Daniel as your hound walks Mrs. Penwich through the streets in the ruined section his detect evil is pinging like a sonar. There are quite a few beady eyes on him and his ward. It's quite frightening for Mrs. Penwich as she begins to hyper-ventilate.

AZREAL keeps a keen eye about as he and the woman continue to walk. Do not despair. You are already free of your captors. I will not leave you until you are safely out of this place and with either the dottari or people you trust. Forgive me, but I am going to assume the form of a large Rottweiler. The shape should still be effective in intimidating away thugs but will draw less attention from people than a dog headed man.

With that the Archon quickly changes into a large mastive. His uses his MESSAGE sla.
now you and I may speak at a distance, using only a whisper. Worry not sister, you can see you are guarded by Heaven's soldier. Few mortals can ever be defended so. I will die before allowing you to come to harm.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Daniel uses his wand of CLW on himself
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Evil GM

She trembles when the hound changes shape. There are a few ruffians loitering on porch outside a rundown tavern.

"Com'mere woman and bring yer big ol'doggy wit ya, we gots a few copp'r" The bulky man spits through a gap in his teeth while tow others laugh at his comments.


Movanic Diva Init +7, AC24/13/21+4vs EVIL, HP126/126 DR10/evil, F12/R11/W9+4vs EVIL,+4vs Poison, Perception+26, Immune Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, SR21

Hearing the comments Arzeal in his dog form is angry. His aura of Meanace is palpable.
DC16 will save to the Toughs or be shaken

The 'dog' snarls and barks loudly, bearing his canines they the pair continues thier walk.
Intimidate1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


Evil GM

Are you going to get that close to them - within 20 feet?


Evil GM

Lucrezia points out the trapped stonework in the sewer, she steps over the area to demonstrate what to do. The makes her way to the T. She peers to her right and is met with pure darkness, not even a flicker of light can be seen.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Back

Through the message spell Andrea whispers.

Hold on.

Andrea briefly detects magic to see if it is a magical effect. If so, Andrea listens..
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

I have the perfect anti-darkness tool here. Andrea pats the haversack with the Morrowfall.Ziz, you can see through Darkness, would you scout ahead invisible?


Evil GM

Andrea there is nothing magical about this darkness, it is merely a stretch of sewer without any access above ground, so it's void of light.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Impossible! It is some plot! I know ittttttt!


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Andrea, could you cast light on my bow for me to see by?"

Lucrezia will wait for the light source and then venture ahead cautiously, looking for more traps along the way.

perception 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Best to shoot an arrow down the hall to light the place up. If you just illuminate yourself, you become a target for everything in the darkness.

Andrea will light up an arrow for Lucrezia.

Of course a fumble. Fffffff!


Evil GM

No fumbles on skill checks.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

andrea will ready her own crossbow. If something lurks down the dark hall, she wants to be able to get off the first shot when it is revealed by Lucrezia's arrow.


Evil GM

aiting on Lucrezia's action and Ziz to report in....did he venture down the dark sewer as requested?


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Need to hear back from Faelyn on Ziz's actions


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia will proceed cautiously down the hallway if she doesn't spot any traps. At the end of the T section, she will turn right like they saw in the vision and continue on down.


Evil GM

Lucrezia did you shoot the arrow or are you holding it to your bow?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

shooting it


Init +3; Senses Darkvision; Perception +12; AC 22; hp 28/28; Fast Healing 2; Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +8 DR 5/good or silver; Immune fire, poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10

Faelyn keeps message up

Ziz cautiously flies invisible with Lucrezia.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 1 = 20


Evil GM

Ziz the sewer runs along until another T intersection.

Sewer

There are two planks crossing the gully and door nearby those planks.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Assuming Ziz gives an all clear

Okay, looks like we can light up the hallway and go try the door.


Movanic Diva Init +7, AC24/13/21+4vs EVIL, HP126/126 DR10/evil, F12/R11/W9+4vs EVIL,+4vs Poison, Perception+26, Immune Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, SR21
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Are you going to get that close to them - within 20 feet?

Only if they approach us. Otherwise continue on to the guard or to a place where the woman feels safe.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin's eyes narrow as the group moves through the sewers, Andrea's soothe syrup mercifully keeping his food rightfully in his ab-covered belly. He keeps his longsword at the ready in the event that things turn sour.

Sorry to have been MIA; the deadline for a huge art order was moved up by two weeks and I'm struggling to finish it before Saturday night...!


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea adores your taut ab-covered tummy. :3


"There is plank crossing the sewage ahead and door is nearby. Beyond that the sewers change about a quarter mile from here." His wings fluttering as he lands on Andrea's chest. His nails firmly latching on.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Excellent! I have imp armor to protect against arrows!

Let us check out the door then. Be careful of any more traps Lucrezia, they no doubt have more near the door.

Andrea will follow along, casting Light on a pebble and tossing it down the walkway to illuminate their path.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

perception for traps on the way to the door 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20
perception for traps on the door 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39
1st disable if needed 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33
2nd disable if needed 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18

Lucrezia cautiously advances, checking out the tunnel and plank and then finally the door.


Evil GM

There are absolutely no traps on the way to the door or on the door. But regardless of what you do, you can not open the door it is actually built in the wall frame. Very much like a false room or a location where utility rooms were planned if they they became necessary. Andrea and John will recall a couple of these doors from earlier excursions into the sewers.

Ziz's report that the seer changes ahead is unusual and it is the first time you recall anything about the sewer changing.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

We need to check the area again to see if we can regain the trail. Orsin, we may very well need that scroll of Locate Object if there is some magic going on here.


Evil GM

Lucrezia you can make another tracking- survival check.

The Hound manages to get Mrs. Penwick near the gate and his detect evil radar is pinging hard. The gate is closed and there are four guards looking through the gate approach. There are several other guards on the wall.

"No Access to tramps today, southern district is closed to 'hores" He sneers, "Take yer cooper offerings and yer pooch ta dos customer's where your sort belongs." The image of the tattered clothing on the battered woman does make her look like a streetwalker.


Movanic Diva Init +7, AC24/13/21+4vs EVIL, HP126/126 DR10/evil, F12/R11/W9+4vs EVIL,+4vs Poison, Perception+26, Immune Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, SR21

Knowing the hearts of these fools before him, yet counting on the lawfulness of this place, Azreal was willing to gamble a little.
Was a bribe sufficient?
He was not concerned for his own safety, but of his charge.
He was a mighty Hound Archon and would not be turned from saving this woman.

He shifts back to his normal form. In frint of thier eyes.
I am Azreal the unrelenting. Summoned to this plane to enact the task of House Duvalis Sorry. Forgot the name of Daniels house and I am driving This woman is not from here. She is victim of the Red Knives. I am escorting her back to her home. Let her return to her family. In return I offer you this Masterwork Greatsword. No doubt exceeding the value of your wages for many months.
This in exchange for her safe passage through the gate. I will escort her, unmolested and undamaged to safety. Remember I am discharging the duty of a Major House in this city. A house that would be GRATEFUL for your assistance.

He shows then the sword from this side of the gate. Then he TELEPORTS to thier side. Adjacent to the apparent leader. His Aura of Menace active (DC16 will for each)

I DO NOT wish to discuss the alternative! A valuable weapon for her safe passage. Do you agree!?
Intimidate1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Oh snap!


Evil GM

The guards are clearly startled but that is quickly countered by the loud shrieking sound coming from the other side of the gate. There is a sudden thud as the lady passes out.

"You serve House Telernos...you say?"


Movanic Diva Init +7, AC24/13/21+4vs EVIL, HP126/126 DR10/evil, F12/R11/W9+4vs EVIL,+4vs Poison, Perception+26, Immune Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, SR21

I do say. Summoned to this plane to aid in retrieval of a kidnapped relative, put to task my the House's First Sword Daniel Arrisen.
This woman is a victim, taken by the hands of an unlawful gang. I is my duty to discharge her to safe hands. Let us pass, she is merely to be returned to her lawful place of residence. Your duties are not compromised, earning immediate recompense and the favor of a powerful house. Lord Tilneros would remember well the names of those who would provide such aid. Shall I speak of you favorably? Sir....?


Evil GM

Two guards spit when the hound mentions House Telernos...clearly contempt. Then another say, "'and over ya sword ye be offerin' ain't gonna get in trouble fer opening da gate and not have sumthing ta show few my arse chewing."


Movanic Diva Init +7, AC24/13/21+4vs EVIL, HP126/126 DR10/evil, F12/R11/W9+4vs EVIL,+4vs Poison, Perception+26, Immune Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, SR21

Certainly.
The Archon teleports back behind the gate and picks up the unconscious woman over his shoulder in a fireman's carry.
He stands, easily supporting her weight.
He holds the sword by the hilt, the point touching the ground.
Here you go. The sword now and IF you wish it, the lord's favor. If not, the lords gold? The value of the sword again, from the Lord's own coffers if favor is not what you wish.

He waits for them to open the gate.


Evil GM

They take the sword hilt and then open the gate. "Th'sword only."


Evil GM

DMPC Lucrezia's tracking ability. {ooc]1/2 class lv (3) +2 Westcrown[/ooc]

survival: 1d20 + 12 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 3 + 2 = 19

She she's some scuffs but nothing she is overly confident about. She is certain that ere are some smaller prints nearby...possibly goblin.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Faelyn, would you be able to summon a Hound Archon or other tracker? Even if the summons doesn't last a long time, we could still get on the proper trail. I could boost it's scent with a little guidance.

EDIT: I don't know if it is possible, but there is that scroll of Clairvoyance (10th level) from the Wavedoor. We might be able to use that as well to get an idea where Sascar is.


Movanic Diva Init +7, AC24/13/21+4vs EVIL, HP126/126 DR10/evil, F12/R11/W9+4vs EVIL,+4vs Poison, Perception+26, Immune Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, SR21
baldwin the merciful wrote:
They take the sword hilt and then open the gate. "Th'sword only."

Gratitude.

Azreal hands the sword over and walks through the gate at a brisk pace, keeping his aura up. These guards were definitely evil in their hearts, but were apparently smart and greedy enough to bargain with an Angel at low risk, rather than facing the wrath of one. He did make a brisk pace though to be out of their sight before they got any ideas. Once he was beyond thier eyes, he attempted to rouse the woman.

We are through. Sadly those guards were not of sufficient virtue to leave you with. Please, I must see you safe. If you are able, let's haste to someone or somewhere you are secure. A known friends? A relative?


Evil GM

Here is the map, remember the ledges that you are on are 2.5 feet wide, so you are in single file. John is there but I didn't have room at the beginning of the map to put him on.

Sewer Map


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"I suppose we could just keep going down this way and see if we can pick up the trail. If we don't find any sign soon though we can double back and try the other passage way."

Lucrezia is looking rather worried now that they won't find Sascar in time.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

We might as well. I just hope Azreal can get his charge to safety soon.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea gets another idea and whisper messages to Ziz.

Could you use your augury ability to see if a particular way is good or bad for finding Sascar?


Evil GM

I'll wait for Faelyn to respond to Andrea's Question.


Init +3; Senses Darkvision; Perception +12; AC 22; hp 28/28; Fast Healing 2; Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +8 DR 5/good or silver; Immune fire, poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10

Anything for you toots!

Ziz uses augury.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Good boy, I'll hook you up with an Azata.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia will pause to await an answer from Ziz's augury.


Evil GM

What question is ziz going to ask? the group has 1 minutes as he is casting the spell to decide the question.

You should probably read the spell before you ask.

16,851 to 16,900 of 26,346 << first < prev | 333 | 334 | 335 | 336 | 337 | 338 | 339 | 340 | 341 | 342 | 343 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.