Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Gauging Interest -- "Kirthfinder" Playtest PBP


Recruitment

101 to 150 of 266 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Osirion

Here are the rules from page one of this thread.

Kirth Gersen wrote:
nightflier wrote:
more character creation rules, such as point buy.

In the main houserules document:

1. Roll 4d6, drop the lowest.
2. Repeat 5 more times.
3. Arrange those 6 stats in any order.

Hit points are max at 1st level, either average or rolled (your choice) thereafter.

Shadow Lodge

If the random set you generate isn't to your liking, you can instead use the Heroic/Elite array (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8) plus racial mods.


I got here through the link in another thread and didn't think of looking at the beginning of this thread. Thank you!

EDIT: Thank you as well, TOZ!


Seeker and TOZ are correct. All that should be in the Introduction document for the houserules as well.


I'll be rolling up stats shortly.

As for the tribe request, I was leaning towards being an undercover goblin ranger among the ones currently fighting, so I don't know if that would be possible, but my idea hasn't been officially confirmed as ok either, so... we'll see :P


4d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 3, 6) = 18
4d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 5, 6) = 18
4d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 6, 5) = 20
4d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 5, 6) = 22
4d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 5, 4) = 15
4d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 5, 6) = 17


14, 17, 16, 17, 14, 14 (I believe, if I've miscounted please correct me.)

Wow, somehow I managed a huge roll overall without any 18's lol or any weaknesses. Oh well, I'll take it.

Shadow Lodge

Damn!


kyrt-ryder wrote:
I don't know if that would be possible, but my idea hasn't been officially confirmed as ok either, so...

In general, if the referee doesn't immediately try to talk you out of something, it means he's probably willing to go with your idea and see where it leads!


Kirth Gersen wrote:
kyrt-ryder wrote:
I don't know if that would be possible, but my idea hasn't been officially confirmed as ok either, so...
In general, if the referee doesn't immediately try to talk you out of something, it means he's probably willing to go with your idea and see where it leads!

Excellent. Then I guess I'll go ahead and go with that. Now I just have to go back up and find the level to build to.


kyrt-ryder wrote:
14, 17, 16, 17, 14, 14 (I believe, if I've miscounted please correct me.)

I count 15, 17, 16, 17, 14, 14. Holy shla-MOLy! You're some kind of genetic freak among goblins... obviously you are the whelp of a greater barghest and a goblin slave, and just don't realize it yet.

--
You guys will be coming in at 3rd level.


Kirth Gersen wrote:
kyrt-ryder wrote:
14, 17, 16, 17, 14, 14 (I believe, if I've miscounted please correct me.)
I count 15, 17, 16, 17, 14, 14. Holy shla-MOly! You're some kind of genetic freak among goblins... obviously you are the whelp of a greater barghest and a goblin slave, and just don't realize it yet.

Oh wow you're right, that first digit is a 15. Thanks Kirth ^_^

And that could be a pretty cool backstory, I'll take it into consideration. Also, 3rd level, got it. One level too low to go Goblin Paragon and a level of Ranger, but oh well no big deal.

Shadow Lodge

I'm reminded of my wife's elven rogue.


TOZ wrote:
I'm reminded of my wife's elven rogue.

I'm still trying to decide if she's actually an avatar of a demigod of thieves.


Ok, now you guys have got me curious, what did she roll?


Kirth Gersen wrote:
Seeker and TOZ are correct. All that should be in the Introduction document for the houserules as well.

Woops! I didn't read ahead, I just started with the Race and Class docs and didn't see the Introduction doc below it.


Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:
Woops! I didn't read ahead, I just started with the Race and Class docs and didn't see the Introduction doc below it.

If the Intro doesn't scare you off, nothing will. That's why we hid it below the others...


My rolls weren't as awesome:

14, 11, 13, 16, 10, 15.

I'm pretty happy with them, though.

I promise I'll stop mucking around in the OTD and make my character...after I go check out the new HD post!

Shadow Lodge

Kirth Gersen wrote:
Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:
Woops! I didn't read ahead, I just started with the Race and Class docs and didn't see the Introduction doc below it.
If the Intro doesn't scare you off, nothing will. That's why we hid it below the others...

I may add 'Ch 0' to the front of the file name to fix that.


TOZ wrote:
I may add 'Ch 0' to the front of the file name to fix that.

Fine. Way to foil my evil plan. :P

Shadow Lodge

All evil plans must be approved by the evil council, remember? :)

Edit: However, the uploader keeps removing the spaces from the filename, so your evil plan is unimpeded. :P


Comeliness:

4d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 1, 3) = 14

I'm pretty sexy for a goblin.


Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:

Comeliness: (6,4,1,3)

I'm pretty sexy for a goblin.

I count 13. And you'll take a racial penalty to non-goblins! (Let's face it, chicks don't dig short dudes.)


Kirth Gersen wrote:
I count 13. And you'll take a racial penalty to non-goblins! (Let's face it, chicks don't dig short dudes.)

I thought 13 was pretty sexy. For a goblin.

Racial penalty? See, this is the kind of anti-goblin racism in Pathfinder that I've long campaigned against. Now I'll have to add Kirthfinder to the list of things to protest!

Anyway, I've paged through some of the documents. I really dislike reading big, fat walls of text on the screen and I'm out of computer paper, but I think I'm going to go with a goblin druid named Cricket.


Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:
Racial penalty? See, this is the kind of anti-goblin racism in Pathfinder that I've long campaigned against. Now I'll have to add Kirthfinder to the list of things to protest!

Dude. I've had chicks tell me point-blank: "Oh my God! You're cute, and funny, and smart! But you're way too short for me. If you were six inches taller I'd totally do you." None of them believed my exaplantion that height and length inversely correlate... even when I offered to prove it.

Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:
I think I'm going to go with a goblin druid named Cricket.

Love it!


Kirth Gersen wrote:
Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:
Racial penalty? See, this is the kind of anti-goblin racism in Pathfinder that I've long campaigned against. Now I'll have to add Kirthfinder to the list of things to protest!

Dude. I've had chicks tell me point-blank: "Oh my God! You're cute, and funny, and smart! But you're way too short for me. If you were six inches taller I'd totally do you." None of them believed my exaplantion that height and length inversely correlate, even when I offered to prove it!

Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:
I think I'm going to go with a goblin druid named Cricket.
Love it!

And who said anything about chicks? Cricket is all about the cock!


*Shuffles away from Cricket IC*

Note to self... be a female Goblin :P


I wish I could say I planned that chicken theme...but it just came out that way.


Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:
I wish I could say I planned that chicken theme...but it just came out that way.

Nevertheless, I'm gonna have to call fowl on any further examples.


Who would have known my Dwarf would end up being one of the tallest in the group


Kirth Gersen wrote:


--
You guys will be coming in at 3rd level.

I smell a level gain coming on!


Jaegr "Knock Knock" wrote:
I smell a level gain coming on!

Only if you live that long. You're not out of the goblin caves yet!


Kirth Gersen wrote:
Nevertheless, I'm gonna have to call fowl on any further examples.

Hee hee!/Groan!

Quote:
You're not out of the goblin caves yet!

You see this, Kyrt?!? We're not even in the party yet, and they're already killing our kin!


Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:

You see this, Kyrt?!? We're not even in the party yet, and they're already killing our kin!

Hopefully I won't plant my pick axe in either one of you when you get introduced...it would be a shame!


My wolf will eat your face!

(Great, the PvP has already started...)


Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:
Kirth Gersen wrote:
Nevertheless, I'm gonna have to call fowl on any further examples.

Hee hee!/Groan!

Quote:
You're not out of the goblin caves yet!
You see this, Kyrt?!? We're not even in the party yet, and they're already killing our kin!

Those are no Kin of mine. This tribe has been digging it's way into my Tribe's territory, and it's about time we brought, them, DOWN!

GO TEAM!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Eh, gobbos are just halflings who can't buttle or deliver messages with any degree of reliability...


"Can't see this."


Caspian Barefoot wrote:
"Can't see this."

Are we using the newer rules in your above link once our new gobbos join us? I see the fighter has some differences.


While you quickly rest and heal, Caspian idly kicks one of the downed worg-riders' saddle bags... and the stone head, box missing, rolls into view.


Jaegr "Knock Knock" wrote:
Are we using the newer rules in your above link once our new gobbos join us? I see the fighter has some differences.

My preference is that each of you, at the time we level up, decide if you want to stick with the older version or rebuild according to the new one. For most of you, there will be negligible differences only.

Andoran

You can click on Cadogan above to see what a Rogue 6 Fighter 1 Psion 1 looks like under the new rules.

And if you look for Joachim Arnau under my aliases, that's an archivist cleric under the new rules (don't know if Kirth looked at it yet, so there may be a few mistakes).

And, Kirth, any ruling on how we're doing the Foe bane Rogue talent?


houstonderek wrote:
And, Kirth, any ruling on how we're doing the Foe bane Fighter talent?

I'd like to treat it as a ranger's favored enemy, if that's OK, because that's already an established class feature that provides a breadth of options rather than just raw damage. I've provisionally put that under this Egg of Coot alias, but I'll remove it if there's a lot of feeling that I should change it back.

Andoran

Like I said in e-mail, I agree with the change. The "bane" power is too powerful, I think. And, frankly, rogues are pretty bad ass as it is under your rules.


Hey, guys. I am glad that this game is still going strong and am really sorry for bailing on you. It was really difficult for me to loose the internet connection for such a long time, especially since I work at home. But my gaming suffered as well, since I run my games and play almost exclusively online now.


Vanya Volkov wrote:
Hey, guys. I am glad that this game is still going strong and am really sorry for bailing on you. It was really difficult for me to loose the internet connection for such a long time, especially since I work at home. But my gaming suffered as well, since I run my games and play almost exclusively online now.

Vanya! You'll see that I didn't kill you off -- although I was about to send you back to Aviona (and out of the action). If you want to continue, though, I'll find a reason not to -- your place is still here if you want it.


Kirth Gersen wrote:
Vanya Volkov wrote:
Hey, guys. I am glad that this game is still going strong and am really sorry for bailing on you. It was really difficult for me to loose the internet connection for such a long time, especially since I work at home. But my gaming suffered as well, since I run my games and play almost exclusively online now.
Vanya! You'll see that I didn't kill you off -- although I was about to send you back to Aviona (and out of the action). If you want to continue, though, I'll find a reason not to -- your place is still here if you want it.

Wow! Really? Well, I would love to do so. I'm checking your new rules right now. Although, I would like to rework my character, if that's OK and make him more of a martial type, perhaps shuffling around ability stats a bit (such as putting 18 in Strength instead of Charisma).

So, if that's OK, I'm gonna rework him today.


Several questions: I see that you've included Magus and Wudan as new options for Battle Sorcerer.

1) What are your thoughts on Black Blade ability of the Magus Bladebound archetype?

2) Would you allow two arcane bounds, with an expenditure of a feat, let's call it Extra Bond?

3) I was thinking of playing an Eldritch Knight, but I really just want to have a familiar and black blade, if allowed. I am not that interested in spells, but what are your thoughts of witch hexes? I like the idea of patrons, thematically - I don't care about bonus spells - and hexes are pretty interesting to me. How about replacing Eldritch Blast with hexes?

Of course, these are just questions. I do not insist on any of that.


Comeliness 4d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 6, 4) = 20


Vanya Volkov wrote:

1) What are your thoughts on Black Blade ability of the Magus Bladebound archetype?

2) Would you allow two arcane bounds, with an expenditure of a feat, let's call it Extra Bond?

3) I was thinking of playing an Eldritch Knight, but I really just want to have a familiar and black blade, if allowed. I am not that interested in spells, but what are your thoughts of witch hexes? I like the idea of patrons, thematically - I don't care about bonus spells - and hexes are pretty interesting to me. How about replacing Eldritch Blast with hexes?

Reworking characters is fine, and you can plan out most of it now, but please wait until we level to make the changes in play.

1. You mean the "Elric Ripoff" archetype? I didn't even read it at first... hmm. A lot of it works off arcane pool, which is n/a now. That aside, you could emulate most of it by taking the Arcane Bond (weapon) (wizard Appendix A), and then selecting the Arcane Bond feat and choosing the Incorporeal Familiar option (wizard Appendix C), and declare the familiar to be the sword's "spirit" or whatever. That would get you the scaling bonded weapon with sentience. "Life drinker" we might work out by enhancing the weapon later on using personal mojo (see Equipment) -- maybe like a sword of life stealing. The fit isn't perfect, but it's do-able.

2. Yes; see above. However, I'd be very skeptical of, say, two bonded objects.

3. Looks like instead of using Sorcerer as a base spellcasting class, you'd be better off taking Wizard (witch esoteric branch, Appendix E). That gives you the familiar and hexes at the start. Then you'd spend your human bonus feat on the bonded weapon, and take mostly fighter levels thereafter, grabbing the Spellsword fighter talent ASAP -- I'd let you trade fighter talents for hexes in that case.

101 to 150 of 266 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Recruitment / Gauging Interest -- "Kirthfinder" Playtest PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.