Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Gobbo's Savage Tide


Play-by-Post

2,251 to 2,300 of 2,313 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>

Terin 'The Beast' Talonshift wrote:
Do you wish to have us guide you to the place?

I do, but I can’t. Taking you along would make us responsible if anything happened to you, and we’d lose our only witnesses. Thank you for the offer though. An adequate description of the area should suffice, and we’ll take it from here. We’ll try not to keep you long either, is there anything I can have brought to you or someone we can inform of your whereabouts?


Seann Eoghan wrote:
"As I recall, she did mention her name, actually. The Lady Rowyn, eldest daughter of House Kilawni."

The Kelani’s. I should have known; it would be them, or that creepy Emil. Even if you might not have anything that ties her to the guild, you have at least given us forewarning of her involvement and scheming, and a solid lead on the whereabouts of my brother. It is settled then, Vanthus is no longer a candidate for redemption; we must stop him. Once the others catch up, how long do you think you may need to rest before setting off after him?


Ha! I love the Seann / Tyndal team in noble company. Overcooked biscotti, that’s gold.
By the way, I don’t know if your characters have remembered, but we do have evidence to tie Rowyn to the guild – or at least to criminal activity; her letters from Vanthus. They might be hard enough evidence to convict her, but should be enough for a court to consider the case.


“My name is Eldin Farstrider. If you are sending a detachment out to,” Eldin tells them of the two entrances to the thief hideout that he knows of – the taxidermist shop and the well, “make sure that they are well armed and well prepared – it is possible that an ambush will be waiting for them.

“The noble running the operation we believe to be Rowyn Kellani. As I mentioned, some of my companions have documents linking her to criminal activity. If your men encounter her, I would advise to attempt to detain her, but that is of course your call Sergeant.

“I’ll wait, and will be happy to answer more questions. A mug of water and a chair so that I may rest my weary feet are all I ask. But if you would be so kind as to send a man to the Vanderboren Manor, I have companions there who might be concerned at my delay – if you would relay the situation to them.. I also have a message for a man named Ardan, whom you should find there; tell him that Eldin said “I may have been mistaken, no urgency” – he should know what it means.”


Male Human Fighter 3
Eldin Farstrider wrote:

Ha! I love the Seann / Tyndal team in noble company. Overcooked biscotti, that’s gold.

By the way, I don’t know if your characters have remembered, but we do have evidence to tie Rowyn to the guild – or at least to criminal activity; her letters from Vanthus. They might be hard enough evidence to convict her, but should be enough for a court to consider the case.

Glad you liked it :) I don't know if the others have noticed, but Tyndal is a bit smitten with the Lady Rowyn. He's not doing anything to really help with catching her, but he's not hindering the party either


Tyndal Maelglum wrote:


Glad you liked it :) I don't know if the others have noticed, but Tyndal is a bit smitten with the Lady Rowyn. He's not doing anything to really help with catching her, but he's not hindering the party either

Ah, cool. Hadn't picked it up, but makes sense now.


M Human (Oeridian) Wizard (Transmuter) 1 / Favored Soul 2 (Lirr)
Lavinia_Vanderboren wrote:
Once the others catch up, how long do you think you may need to rest before setting off after him?

"Not long, m'Lady. I don't believe any of us are badly injured, and I only need to recover my spells. Though, some of my incantations have been just... well... Never mind. It won't be long, hopefully, until our compatriots return."


Running behind due to a hectic holiday weekend. Update shortly, I have tonight off.


Excellent, although I do not wish for you to exhaust yourselves in my pursuit of reckoning. As we have witnessed, it is all too easy to become a victim of this dangerous game. By the by, have you run into Anders? He was here late yesterday, but rushed off again after reading a few missives sent by someone who works near the docks.


F Halfling Expert 3

Kora ushers in Ardan, followed a short time after by a member of the Sunrise watch, who informs you there will be a delay in the arrival of Eldin and Tyndal.


After an hour or two of fidgeting in the small wooden room, the lone guard looks up at a rap on the door. The Desk Sergeant enters.

Sorry for the delay, and thank you for waiting. I hope you are well.

I sent two contingents of men-at-arms to the location you specified. The alpha group reports the Taxidermist Shop closed “due to a death in the family.” They gained access via the city’s “Master Key,” but were unable to locate the access panel you mentioned. If there was something there, the way stands sealed. Beta group probed the well area, but encountered several hungry crocodiles and were unable to proceed farther into any possible tunnels.

Now, I’ve yet to see anything that calls you a liar, but good men have died following your leads, and a noble stands accused. If you have hard proof, I think you had better produce it now.


“I am saddened at the loss of your men Sergeant, and will pray that the Wanderer guides their steps to the afterlife. However, no disrespect is intended, but we warned you that it may be dangerous, and offered to accompany your men, an offer you declined. Now, as for evidence; our companions at Vanderboren Manor have some letters which link Rowyn to various crimes. If we are allowed to go there…?”


Lord Lidu speaks, “It would be best if we kept this to ourselves for the moment. We won’t have much time to act, but we don’t know whom to trust. Even my garrison in the Sunrise District isn’t immune to the Lotus Dragon’s infiltration.


“Aye, you did at that, though I must be barmy for taking you at your word.”

“Letters, you say? Well, it’s a start if nothing else. My runner returned and confirmed that you are indeed in the employ of the Vanderboren’s, by the way. Trust, but verify, as they say.”

“I’m going to release the lot of you into your patron's custody, pending the return of this new evidence. I’m also going to have to ask you to please not leave town until we’ve concluding our investigation. Oh, and for the love of Worgul, don’t go willy-nilly about town accusing nobles of crimes, understood?’

“Thank you again for your cooperation in this matter.”


Male Wood Elf (+2str,+2dex,-2con,-2int) Druid 3 Experience points-3000

We should've killed her for her crimes and brought her guilty body back to the guards when her henchmen attacked us, Eldin. Now we have to deal with an unreceptive group of guards and possible corruption in the city. This is not how justice gets served....


Male Human Wizard 9

"It will not be an easy process," Marius says, speaking up for the first time, "Rowyn will even now be insulating herself from any fallout. Any evidence against her would have to be damning indeed to see her arrested despite her family's influence."

He is not hopeful of seeing Rowyn brought to justice anytime soon. Behind the harbourmaster's death or not, evidence is still required. Nor does he want to get tangled up in the proceedings himself. Testifying against Rowyn, or indeed any of the guild, would be a quick way to get a knife in the back.


I like my justice served with a nice Diet Coke, unless it's after six a.m., then I need to lay off the caffeine.

Still here, just waiting until I'm needed.


Steps out of the thread.

CONTACT!

CONTACT!

Moves around the whirling blade, hops back into the thread.

Anyone wish to attempt to ascertain how truthful the guard is before heading back to the mansion?


M Human (Oeridian) Wizard (Transmuter) 1 / Favored Soul 2 (Lirr)

"Damn. Verily, I seem to be out of my special brew."

Seann gazes morosely at his empty flask.


Good idea. Sorry for the slow uptake.
Sense Motive: 19+3 = 22.

Eldin nods slowly at Teldin’s words. He seems about to launch into one of his speeches, but then seems to think better of it, shrugs, and prepares to head out.


Male Human Fighter 3

"Sure is taking them a long time, wonder if they got arrested?"

*crunch.crunch.crunch*


M Human (Oeridian) Wizard (Transmuter) 1 / Favored Soul 2 (Lirr)
Tyndal Maelglum wrote:

"Sure is taking them a long time, wonder if they got arrested?"

*crunch.crunch.crunch*

"Quite possible."


Male Wood Elf (+2str,+2dex,-2con,-2int) Druid 3 Experience points-3000

Let's rejoin our team. There is nothing left for us to do here.


Back, sorry. Got sucked into a new novel series and devoured five of them over the last two days.


The guard may be authoritative, but he’s also dishonest. Considering himself secure in the guardhouse, he’s willing to lie openly to you without reservation. You begin to wonder if he sent anyone at all to check out the guild.


Male Human Wizard 9

"I do hope not. It's not as if they'd be provoking the guards after all."


Terin 'The Beast' Talonshift wrote:
Let's rejoin our team. There is nothing left for us to do here.

Eldin nods, and, assuming they're allowed to do so, leaves to head back to the Manor with Terin.


Apparently, sleeping in until 3 am shoots most of your plans to hell.

The Sunrise guard releases Eldin and Terin without incident, reminding them of their defeasance to keep the peace and remain within city limits until notified otherwise.

On your return to the Vanderboren estate, you both note the presence of a “tail.”

Kora escorts Terin and Eldin into the assembled gathering, providing hasty introductions before heading back into the kitchen for additional appetizers.

Looking ruffled following your rundown of your experience at the guardhouse, Lord Lidu excuses himself, allowing you to get down the particulars of your next moves.


Eldin explains their holdup.

“At best, the sergeant was lazy and irresponsible; at worst, and more likely, corrupt and in the pay of the Lotus Dragons. I think we will need to go higher up to have any action on this, by which time Rowan may well have tidied up her operation,” he looks at Lavinia.

“However, as I said earlier, I still believe that finding Vanthus is of higher importance in the long run; we know where he is now, but he may not stay there for long. Perhaps, if the Lady is willing,” he bows to Lavinia, “she could use her influence with the Dawn Council, and the evidence of the notes that Rowan gave us, to see that the investigation of the guild proceeds in our absence?”

The priest suddenly looks about. “Where is Anders?” he asks. “He has not come back here?”


This is most distressing. Mazes within mazes, and few to trust. From what little I have read of the notes you provided, hard as I find it to believe, my brother murdered our parents out of greed and lust for power.

Lavinia pauses for a moment to collect herself.

I was at a crossroads in regards to my wayward brother, but that time has passed. I believe it is in no longer in anyone’s best interest to return Vanthus for trial. I ask only that you bring his remains back, if possible, for burial in the family crypt.

Eldin Farstrider wrote:
Perhaps, if the Lady is willing,” he bows to Lavinia, “she could use her influence with the Dawn Council, and the evidence of the notes that Rowan gave us, to see that the investigation of the guild proceeds in our absence?”

I will do so at once; if need be I will call an emergency session of the council. Even if she escapes punishment, the scrutiny and potential for embarrassment alone should slow her plans considerably.

Thank you for you diligence and for once again risking your lives in my service. You have sole discretion over the make-up of your group, and I trust your judgment, so I have included your newest member in the bonus stipend I arranged for you. Kora will ensure you each receive a packet before you leave. In truth, I wish it were more, but my brother’s pilfering has cut family finances to the quick. Still, use it in good health, and I expect to deliver more of the same in the near future.

Eldin Farstrider wrote:
The priest suddenly looks about. “Where is Anders?” he asks. “He has not come back here?”

As to Anders, I was hoping you would have already met up with him, or that he would have returned by now, but this does not appear to be so. Perhaps it would be prudent to inquire after him?


M Human (Oeridian) Wizard (Transmuter) 1 / Favored Soul 2 (Lirr)
Lavinia_Vanderboren wrote:


Eldin Farstrider wrote:
The priest suddenly looks about. “Where is Anders?” he asks. “He has not come back here?”
As to Anders, I was hoping you would have already met up with him, or that he would have returned by now, but this does not appear to be so. Perhaps it would be prudent to inquire after him?

"Anders... Anders... Now why does than name sound familiar?"

Though there are no outward signs, it is becoming quite apparent that Seann has gotten drunk off his nut while Eldin and Terin have been gone.


F Halfling Expert 3

Shaking her head, Kora carries in a mug filled with dark, scalding liquid and wraps Seann’s fingers around the edges. It might be coffee, but it’s black as Vanthus’ soul, thick as tar, and smells as if there might be a dead rat surprise at the bottom.


Male Wood Elf (+2str,+2dex,-2con,-2int) Druid 3 Experience points-3000

Dear Kora, it's been quite a rough time. Would you have, by chance, a sweet mead or an elvish wine? If I could trouble you for a large mug of either it would be most appreciated.


M Human (Oeridian) Wizard (Transmuter) 1 / Favored Soul 2 (Lirr)
Kora wrote:
Shaking her head, Kora carries in a mug filled with dark, scalding liquid and wraps Seann’s fingers around the edges. It might be coffee, but it’s black as Vanthus’ soul, thick as tar, and smells as if there might be a dead rat surprise at the bottom.

Seann smiles, accepting the mug.

"Go mbeannaí Dia duit, leannán."

He downs the entire mug in one gulp.

"Good brew, luv. What's in it?"


Eldin looks at the others grimly. “Yes, I think that would be wise. His note said he was going to the docks, correct?

“Is everyone in a state to travel down there and begin asking about. I think it would be a good idea to travel in a group right now.”


Male Human Fighter 3

Tyndal grabs the remaining biscotti.

"Let's roll"

crunch.crunch.crunch


M Human (Oeridian) Wizard (Transmuter) 1 / Favored Soul 2 (Lirr)
Tyndal Maelglum wrote:

Tyndal grabs the remaining biscotti.

"Let's roll"

crunch.crunch.crunch

"I concur."


Male Human Wizard 9

Marius nods, "I am in, of course."


Spoiler:
Sorry, running behind due to the Cruiser totaling. Should be back by tomorrow.


Male Human Rogue 2/Swashbuckler 1

"Seems you're not under arrest after all... Yes, sticking together would probably be a good idea - I don't know that she's the type to 'let us go' and then send assassins, but I don't know that she isn't either."


Male Human Fighter 3

"Meh, we'll kill them like everyone else and take their stuff. I always wanted one them black cloaks assassins wear."

crunch.crunch.crunch.


"Alright ... well, Anders note said that he was heading to the docks I think?. Shall we head down there and ask about? ... Although I have a bad feeling about this ..."


Male Wood Elf (+2str,+2dex,-2con,-2int) Druid 3 Experience points-3000

Sounds good to me, we need to locate Anders. I also wouldn't mind a black cloak....


M Human (Oeridian) Wizard (Transmuter) 1 / Favored Soul 2 (Lirr)
Tyndal Maelglum wrote:

"Meh, we'll kill them like everyone else and take their stuff. I always wanted one them black cloaks assassins wear."

crunch.crunch.crunch.

"I don't particularly care for assassins. Too sneaky for the likes of myself. However, they do seem to carry the best in fine magic items..."


Eldin leads the group off, making for the docks. Once there, he will begin to ask after Anders, greasing a few palms as necessary.

Gather Information: 12+4 = 16. Anyone want to Aid Another?


Male Human Wizard 9

Marius lends a hand with the enquiries, passing along Anders' description to a few somewhat shady characters. He doesn't invoke the Lotus Dragons' name, both because he's no longer entitled to do so and because one can never be sure whether the response to it would be positive or negative. Nevertheless, he retains a sense of who to seek information from, along with some few personal contacts. Aid another: (1d20+6=25). Slight overkill there.


Male Wood Elf (+2str,+2dex,-2con,-2int) Druid 3 Experience points-3000

Eldin, what do you need me to be doing? I'm not much for questioning the locals and such....


“Keep an eye out for trouble,” Eldin winces at the unintentional pun, hoping that Terin does not take it badly. “I’m sure the Lotus Dragons – and possible Vanthus – haven’t forgotten about us.”

Maybe my role can aid Marius’ instead?

Mike, how’s everything going? You still with us here?


Spoiler:
Yep, sorry for the holdup. Printing this to take to work with me, actually.


Male Humanoid Expert 2 / Magewright 1

Just dropping a quick line in both PBP discussion threads:

Sorry about the lack of updates, they laid a few people off at work and it has been crazy, not to mention even if I could get extra time there, the new routing prevents me from hitting the boards (the boards being down all the time hasn’t helped, either).

I’m working on the problem though, and hope to be able to start updating again soon. Option A is getting an AT&T cellular modem, but in order to justify the cost I’d have to drop my subscription, which offends my sensibilities (stopping payment on a company’s product so I can pay another company to make use of company 1’s free services). Option B might take a couple of weeks, but I’ve been thinking of getting a Kindle for a while and using the EV-DO browsing as there is a Sprint repeater over my head.

We finally closed on a new AWD vehicle, and I have a rebate check coming from it, I just have to try justifying buying something for myself when what we really need is a new roof. Ah well, just letting everyone know I’m still here and thinking about you! Sorry for the delay.

2,251 to 2,300 of 2,313 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gobbo's Savage Tide All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.