Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Wardove's Side-Treks

Game Master Laithoron


1,651 to 1,700 of 1,844 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Seeing Felmor drop, Priyya growls like an enraged hunting cat and moves in quickly (pulling her shield in front of her)to protect what is hers. Q19 Knowing Fel has a better chance to escape if he conscious, she stems her desire to kill. She channels Sarenrae's healing light, selectively missing Nessie.

Channel Energy (Healing):
30' radius burst, Heal: 1d6 ⇒ 3

  • May remove 2 creatures from AoE
  • Does not draw AoOs


Felmor staggers back after the creature literally takes a bite out of him. He sees his vision go dark and wonders if he has already been slain, as he felt no pain, he really didn't feel anything. After what seems an eternity, he feels a pleasant light wash over him and his vision returns, He sees the source of the light, Priyya. Aye, I think I failed 'er He staggers away from the creature towards his captain.

Once he arrives next to Alis, he gasps, Aye...too...close..."

Full withdrawal action to P15, mutter prayer to Saranae, as a free action.
Currently HP 3/19.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2

Morgaard takes a step back to place himself alongside Priyya. He maintains the same defensive tactic as before.

greataxe 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 24 rage, bless
dmg 1d12 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 3 = 13 rage


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

Priyya steps forward and channels Sarenrae's light. Felmor's vision clears a bit and he finds that he's somehow staggered backwards and is now standing beside Alis.

dmg 1d3 ⇒ 3 Con

Health Remaining:
Felmor 3 - 4 = -1/15 Con dmg
Con Left 12 - 3 = 9

Fort DC 18 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 2 = 12 Con dmg

Felmor begins to feel faint as the numbness begins to spread throughout his body dulling his senses.


As the flames before it grow in size and intensity, the lake monster hisses and dives back underwater.

Perception Checks:
Alis 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Felmor 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
Morgaard 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Priyya 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Before the others can breathe a sigh of relief however, Alis' eyes grow wide when she notices the rowboat rock violently in the water. "Get away from the shore, it's coming around to this side! Seaman Traker! Lean on my shoulder!"

Str 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15

With that, she drapes his arms over her left shoulder, and drags him as far away as she is able while so encumbered.

Next Up: Priyya, Felmor, Morgaard, Nessie, Alis
MAP: Greylake #04


Felmor feels the numbness spreading through his body, and vaguely realizes he has been poisoned. Knowing he only has a few seconds before he passes out, he croaks, "Ak...sorra, cap...nnnn."

Just before he blacks out, he thinks, Did she say seamen?


"Priyya! Felmor's in a bad way he just passed out despite your healing... I– I think he's been poisoned!"


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Don't know if all this is possible but...

Priyya's swears in a decidely unlady-like fashion. "Morgaard. I was thinking we should move one of those boxes to block the creature from getting at us O15 and set it on fire... but I can't do that and help Felmor. Can you handle it?" Without waiting for an answer and hoping like hell he can set up a perimeter alone, Priyya moves over to Felmor 5' to R19, dumping out her backpack with the potion of restoration and wineskin with Kassen's holy water in it free action. She indelicately forces Fel to drink the Restoration Potion Move Action. And then lays a hand on his head to Cure Wounds Standard Action.

Cure Light Wounds
RANGE: Touch
HEAL: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Lesser Restoration Potion 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

EDIT - if that isn't possible, but getting two drinks down his throat is... she'll go for the Restoration and Kassen's water.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

Priyya:
OK, that looks like about 2 rounds worth of actions to me.

Looking at the Actions in Combat table, this is how I'd categorize these actions:

  • Dropping backpack: free (drop held item)
  • Dumping backpack: move (retrieving item)
  • Use item on Felmor: standard (use potion / stabilize friend)
  • Cast cure on Felmor: standard

The options as I see it are dumping your pack as part of a move action plus one of the following:

  • Cast CLW on Felmor
  • Feed him a potion
  • Heal check to treat poison (DC 18 will give him +4 on next Fort save)

If the restoration potion can restore more than 3 pts of Con, you may want to hold on to it for a bit until he's lost a bit more, otherwise the unused portion will be lost. Also, it might be more worthwhile for Priyya to stop ongoing poison damage while someone else feed him potions or casts CLW.


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Laith:
OK. In my group, we play drinking as a move or standard action and are pretty loose about dumping and using stuff. shame on me for not double-checking the PF rules. :)

Revised actions:

Priyya will move and dump her pack Move Action and then attempt to treat the poison...

Heal 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

EDIT - Wow. With that roll, I probably know the poison's mother!


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2

Morgaard heeds Priyya's advice. He drops his axe in the crate beside him and then lugs it due west.

"'Lis, gonna need a light in a sec here."

With that, he sets it back down and reclaims his axe before dodging out of the way with his remaining movement.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

After calling out orders to everyone, Priyya dumps her pack on the ground so that the healing items within can be easily found. When she kneels beside Felmor to treat his wound, she can see that all the flesh on his right side is turning black and green from the toxin.

As she begins to leech out the copious amount of poison, she recalls hearing that the poisonous bite from a young serpent is often more deadly than that from an older serpent. The reason being that young haven't learned to hold back and simply inject all their venom at once.

She treats the wound as best as she is able +4 to next save & +1/5-pts over DC = +6 bonus.

dmg 1d3 ⇒ 3 Con

Health Remaining:
Con left 9 - 3 = 6
Felmor -1 - 2 = -3/13 Con dmg

Fort Save 1d20 + 5 - 3 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 3 + 6 = 25 Con dmg, Priyya
Needs 1 more consecutive save.

Meanwhile, Morgaard hefts the crate full of furs moves it about 20-ft to the west, drops it and then backs away just as the lake monster slides up onto the shore, the crate directly in its path.


Alis fires off her last two incendiary bolts hoping that they get the job done and keep the lake monster at bay.

sewing kit 60-ft 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 = 23 bless
sewing kit 60-ft 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 = 15 bless
dmg 1d4 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + (2, 5) = 8 fire
dmg 1d4 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + (5, 6) = 12 fire

The first bolt sticks in the creature's chest near one of its flippers and explodes into a ball of flame. The next one impacts the crate of furs and creates a veritable blaze right in the creature's path. Nessie gives an ear-splitting cry of rage clearly frustrated by this unwelcome sensation.

Next Up: Priyya, Morgaard, Nessie, Alis
MAP: Greylake #5


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Priyya keeps working to clear the toxins from Felmor's system...

Heal 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

"Anyone got a free hand to give Fel some of Kassen's water or this potion of restoration?" She points her with chin at the wineskin and the small bottle.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

Priyya continues to tend to Felmor's wounds. +4 to next save.

dmg 1d3 ⇒ 2 Con

Health Remaining:
Con left 6 - 2 = 4
Felmor -3 - 2 = -5/11 Con dmg

Fort DC 18 1d20 + 5 - 4 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 4 + 4 = 23 Con dmg, Priyya
2nd consecutive save. Poison has run its course.

Felmor is barely breathing, but the poison seems to have stopped spreading.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2
Priyya_1 wrote:
"Anyone got a free hand to give Fel some of Kassen's water or this potion of restoration?" She points her with chin at the wineskin and the small bottle.

"Got my hands full here."

Morgaard takes a step back keeping the fire between him and the monster. If it attempts to attack, he'll counter-attack.

greataxe 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 2 - 1 + 1 = 25 rage, power attack, bless
dmg 1d12 + 4 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 3 + 3 = 22 rage, power attack


Male Human Fighter 4

With no tastier targets in sight, Nessie Jr. lashes out at Morgaard.

bite 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
dmg 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 4) + 9 = 16

It just manages to sink its teeth into Morgaard's leg but in turn suffers a grievous overhand chop that sends its neck into the blazing fire beneath.

dmg 1d6 ⇒ 2 fire

With a wail of pain, the immense beast finally desists and slips back into the lake leaving a trail of blood in its wake.

Morgaard's Fort (DC 18) 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 21 rage, poison
dmg 1d3 ⇒ 1 Con

HP Remaining:
Morgaard 26 - 16 - 2 = 8/24 bite, Con dmg
Con Left 16 + 2 - 1 = 17 rage


Alis snatches up the potion of lesser restoration and feeds it to Felmor.

heal 1d4 ⇒ 3 Con

Health Remaining:
Con left 4 + 3 = 7
Felmor -5 + 2 = -3/13


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

dmg 1d3 ⇒ 3 Con
Morgaard's Fort (DC 18) 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 2 + 2 + 2 = 19 Con dmg, rage, poison

HP Remaining:
Morgaard 8 - 2 = 6/22 bite, Con dmg
Con Left 15 + 2 - 3 = 14 rage

Morgaard grits his teeth and manages to fight off the poison without treatment.


"Priyya, I'll treat Morgaard, you tend to Felmor."

CLW × 2 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (6, 3) + 4 = 13 on Morgaard
Kassen's water 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (8, 6) + 6 = 20 on Felmor

HP Remaining:
Felmor -3 + 20 = 17/13
Morgaard 6 + 13 = 19/22


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2

Morgaard stops swearing in dwarven just long enough to grunt his thanks to Alis for her healing touch. No sooner does he do so, than does he rush over to a bush and empty the contents of his stomach all over the landscape.

"Torag's co<k! It feels like I've got a beehive inside me!"


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

No sooner has Morgaard started washing the taste of bile out of his mouth with whiskey than Felmor awakens to find Priyya's almond shaped eyes gazing down at him.

"Aye, one way ar' nuther knew it'd be an angel I'd see... OOMPH!"

With that, he weakly pushes Priyya aside just in time to avoid spewing this morning's breakfast all over her robes. Unlike the resilient dwarf, the half-dead sailor empties a quantity of fluid from himself that would seem to exceed his own displacement.

For several minutes thereafter he has the dry heaves before he finally (and mercifully) passes out again.

Partial XP (for not getting killed): +240 each (4792 + 240 = 5032/5000)


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Priyya slumps down and weeps silently for a few minutes before rallying. She says to Alis, "Fel is healing but I'm worried about his overall health CON. I have a scroll of restoration that could help a bit. What do you think?" She sighs and looks sad, "Also, I want to apologize for getting you into this. Maybe I shouldn't have suggested we go after this beast. We could have just as easily warned the townsfolk to avoid this area. And we could have used Alexis' help." She looks at the unconscious Felmor and the ill but doughty dwarf. "I'm just so sorry."


With Morgaard's wounds closed, Alis kneels next to Priyya beside Felmor. At the cleric's words, she puts her arm around her sword-sister's shoulder and gives her a kiss on the forehead. "You just wanted to help others, it's what you do."

She looks at Felmor's comatose form, noting how pale he is in spite of the fact that his wounds have all been closed. "If you have another scroll, let's go ahead and use it now. This place isn't safe. We'll need to move Felmor before that... thing comes back."

She gives Priyya a tight hug before locating the scroll in the grass. She smiles gently and says, "Everything will be alright. Here, I'll help out while you gather your things and clear your mind..."

With that, Alis takes up the scroll and reads the flowing script aloud...

Scroll of Lesser Restoration 1d4 ⇒ 4

...a moment later, the color returns to Felmor's face, the rattling sound in his breathing subsides, and he begins to sleep more soundly and naturally.

Perception Checks:
Alexis 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Alis 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Felmor 1d20 + 0 - 10 ⇒ (7) + 0 - 10 = -3
Morgaard 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Priyya 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


As the rest of you begin to pick yourselves up, you hear the sound of a horse galloping at full speed thru the brush. Looking up, you see Alexis with a wide-eyed look on her face.

"By all the gods," she exclaims, "I set out as soon as I saw that huge shape gliding across the water! Is everyone alright? I heard the screams and saw the smoke but you were beyond the range of my message spell."

Looking down and seeing Felmor, she asks hesitantly, "Is he..."


Alis breathes a sigh of relief at the sight of her sister. Pushing herself back to her feet, she flips her hair over he shoulder and says, "Felmor and Morgaard decided to host a taste-testing contest for the lake monster. Evidently, dwarves aren't very palatable."

In a more serious tone, she continues, "He got hurt, and badly, but he should be out of danger. He's just sleeping now. However, we," she circles her finger in the air to indicate everyone, "need to get out of here before it gets its second wind."


Alexis nods her silent agreement and dismounts. "Priyya, why don't you take this horse. It looks like Felmor might need someone to keep him in the sadd– say, what's that?"

She points to a spot near where Felmor was first attacked. Looking up, Alis and Priyya spot something glinting in the grass.


"Uncle Morg, help Priyya to get Felmor up in the saddle, I'll be right back."

A moment later, she returns with an incredulous look on her face. In her hands is a heavy golden chain with a familiar-looking pendant hanging from it. Piercing one of the links it a 4-inch long, needle-like tooth covered in blood and poison with the root still attached!

"Son of a..." she holds it up for everyone else to see. "I don't know if I'd call it luck, but what are the chances? It must have gotten stuck in the monster's teeth when it finished off one of the bandits!"

disable device 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

She carefully washes the blood and lingering poison from the tooth before pulling it free. Pulling Asar's medallion free from her cleavage, she aligns the new one and with a twist and a click, it snaps into place overlaying the smooth disk with a compass rose.

"No doubt about it, this is Kassen's medallion!"

Running her hands thru her golden tresses, she pulls free a long, turquoise ribbon, folds it in half and then ties an icicle hitch around the tooth on the folded end and tautline hitches around the free ends to make it adjustable. Walking over to where Morgaard has him propped up on his feet, helping to lift him up to Priyya, the princess gives the trophy tooth a kiss and then loops it over Felmor's head to hang about his neck.

"For luck," she says.

Felmor:
Lucky Tooth: Once per day, you may re-roll a single saving throw. You may take the better result, but must declare its use before you know if you have succeeded or failed. You also gain a +1 luck bonus on saves vs. Poison.


After a few minutes, you have all regrouped with Dimira and Roldare and are safely on your way again with no further sightings of the lake monster. About 15 minutes later, Felmor finally wakes up to find himself in Priyya's capable arms and with a new trinket hanging from his neck on a silken ribbon the color of a tropical sea.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2

Before leaving the lake, Morgaard hoists the last remaining crate, heavy with seeds and stubbornly carries it on his back to where the horses are. He then loads Priyya's horse with the hundred or more pounds of seeds along with the saddle bags from Alexis' horse which Priyya and Felmor are now riding, along with those from the horse the two human 'kids' are riding.

He then dismantles the crate with his axe and fashions several warning signs that he pounds into the turf with the flat side of his axe warning people to keep away in common, elvish, and dwarvish. They read:

Poisonous lake monster ahead! Approach only if you're a damn fool.


Did she say seamen?

Unfortunately Felmor never got an answer to his question, as the darkness claimed him. He feels nothing, except the presence of the most beautiful angel he has ever seen, and wonder of wonders, it looked just like Priyya. He isn't sure but it could be her...but then he feels his body spasming and once again darkness claims him. After a time, he wakes to feel himself...floating...no that can't be right, more of a rythmic motion, not like on a ship, but something else. As he tries to shift his body. He feels himself held tightly and squeezed, not unpleasantly. He opens his eyes and a bright light shoots into his eyes, he closes them and then reopens his eyes, realizing now it is daylight and he is riding on a horse, with all of his friends with him, a new trinket hanging from his neck, and being held by the woman he loved. Her scent was unmistakeable, the oils of her armor mixing with her feminine scent. when Priyya feels him stirring, she hugs him even tighter.

"Aye, Priyya, I am glad ta see ya in one piece." He says in a weak tone.


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2
Captain Wardove, aka Alis wrote:
"You just wanted to help others, it's what you do."

Priyya thinks long on Alis' words. As they are leaving the lake area, she sidles her horse up close to Alis' steed. She gently moves Felmor's head out of her way (he is still unconscious) so she can see Alis clearly.

"The thing of it is, Alis... risking my life is what I do. Risking others' lives," She looks at the unconscious sailor in her arms, "That's a different matter altogether. I don't know what exactly happened with Armandia, but if there was a 'close call' like this we just had... well, let's say I would understand her choice not to risk his life any further. He's a dear man and I..." She sighs hoping Alis understands what she is having trouble articulating. She lapses into silence, seemingly thinking about many things - not all of them sailor-related.


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2
Felmor Traker wrote:
"Aye, Priyya, I am glad ta see ya in one piece." He says in a weak tone.

She smiles against his shoulder, resisting the urge to kiss the side of his face. "I'm glad to see you too, Fel." She hugs him close, not entirely to support him in the saddle. Thinking a little humor might help him recover, she quips, "Ya know, if you wanted to ride with me, you didn't need to fight a sea serpent and pretend to get poisoned just so I could take care of you. I'm pretty sure the Kirmoons' saw through your scam, you rascal!"


Priyya_1 wrote:
She smiles against his shoulder, resisting the urge to kiss the side of his face. "I'm glad to see you too, Fel." She hugs him close, not entirely to support him in the saddle. Thinking a little humor might help him recover, she quips, "Ya know, if you wanted to ride with me, you didn't need to fight a sea serpent and pretend to get poisoned just so I could take care of you. I'm pretty sure the Kirmoons' saw through your scam, you rascal!"

Felmor shifts in the saddle slightly, and turns to look at her, she can see he is not fully recovered, but he gives a chuckle, which turns into a coughing spasm. He takes a sip of water from his waterskin to calm his throat, and replies, "Aye, ye figgered out me plan, 'n it worked perfectly, ye gotta admit. 'Least the Cap'n kin cross that item off 'er list. Cannae say I'm disappointed about it."


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Priyya gives Felmor a little extra squeeze, "It was a good plan. Next time, just skip the fake poisoning part... you scared me there, Fel." She says it with genuine concern.


Felmor returns the hug, and says quietly, "Aye, next time I be doin' that, I need me organs inside o' me body." He lapses into silence and pulls her close, and whispers in her ear, "Thankee fer savin' me life." Then he gives her a gentle kiss on the cheek.

He turns around again, and fingers the tooth tied on the ribbon, and jokes "Leasts I gots a souvenier 'ere. Th' others woudna neveah believed it."


Priyya_1 wrote:
"The thing of it is, Alis... risking my life is what I do. Risking others' lives, that's a different matter altogether. I don't know what exactly happened with Armandia, but if there was a 'close call' like this we just had... well, let's say I would understand her choice not to risk his life any further. He's a dear man and I..."

"Well," she begins, looking at Felmor's sleeping face, "even when you want to spare others pain, I suppose if they want to be by your side badly enough then the pain can be just as severe being denied that. I mean... this Armandia obviously didn't want him to suffer being parted from the sea, but how would that have compared to the reality he did face of losing her?"

She gives your shoulder a gentle squeeze of sympathy. "From what little Felmor's told us, I'm pretty sure he'd rather fight his way thru hell by your side than to be parted from you like that... with no say in the matter."


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Hearing Alis' words, Priyya looks at Felmor fondly. "I wouldn't leave him without a word... or a say in the matter. Sarenrae guides my path... but I've recently found that it is nice to have friends to walk it with even if their path is only parallel."


"What do you mean only in parallel?"


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

"I mean we are all trying to do good in this world but we have our own reasons, our own unique 'path'. I am following the path Sarenrae has laid out. You, I think, are not a follower of Sarenrae. So I'm guessing you are here for your own reasons. Or have I been ignoring another follower of the Dawn Flower all this time?" She gives Alis a sly wink.

Priyya's mood changes suddenly, as if a thought just occurred to her and maybe her previous statement was entirely incorrect. "Or maybe, Alis, you serve the Dawn Flower after all. I had a vision in the crypt when I was unconscious. You were in it... sort of." She gives Alis a brief mirthful smile. "I've been trying to decipher it's meaning. I thought the part with you in it was just an odd dream-element but perhaps our path is the same... not just parallel. That would explain some things."


"A vision, really? And... I was in it?" She seems almost lost in thought at your mention of this and remains quiet for a moment.

Sense Motive DC 10:
There is both surprise and respect in her voice at the mention of you receiving a vision. Yet there is also something else.

Sense Motive DC 15:
You think perhaps, it is hope.


Alexis rides up next to her sister with a smile of excitement on her face. "Priyya, did you know that the Queen of Kyonin told me she thought Alissariel had a talent for divination? This is genuinely exciting!"

Seeing that her twin still seems lost in thought, she chides her, "It's not like you to be so quiet when you're the topic of conversation, my dear. Aren't you going to at least ask what happened?"


Alis looks up first at Alexis, then at Priyya before blushing slightly. "It's... it's not that. I'm just... honored, that's all."

She looks down at the holy symbol of Desna that she keeps on a fine mithril fob chain and sighs slightly. "Priyya, you've always had your faith, known that you were the Surya-ka-Vahaak, right? Alechsularis, has always felt the call to pursue her arcane studies and accomplish great things for all the world. But I've... I've never really known what path I'm meant to follow."

She bites her lower lip with a bit of fear or frustration clouding her visage. At last she finally gets the nerve to ask, "Priyya, would you mind saying what you saw in your vision... please?"

Looking past Alis' imploring gaze, Priyya's eagle-like vision notices as Alexis takes her sister's right hand. She too looks at you with a hopeful expression on her innocent face.


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Sense Motive 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Priyya notices, as if for the first time, the holy symbol Alis is clutching.

Know: Religion 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

She smiles, "I'm a fool, I didn't see it before. Desna answers many of the questions. I'll tell you my vision - but I don't know if it will tell you what path you are on. Then again, it might."

Seeing a slight deflation in Alis, Priyya says, "Alis, even a seemingly aimless path is still a path that may have been set before you. Sometimes we don't know the path we are on until we've walked it for awhile. Do not worry - I think you ARE on a path even if you can't recognize it yet. So, my vision..." She gives Alis a sober look, "Actually, our vision, I think. It was very strange and dream-like. Unlike the visions I've had before. I suspect now that some elements of it were gifts from Desna and others from Sarenrae. And both were meant for us both."

"So, I am walking naked in the deserts surrounding Katapesh. I look down and realise my body is not my body. It is altogether paler and more... ample" She looks at her own chest and hips and then looks pointedly at Alis'.

"My body is yours... but my mind is my own. I don't know whose face I wore... but I think I have my hair, for it felt very long. The sun beats down on me, blindingly bright and hot, like a forge. Then a shadow interposes making it less bright and less hot. I look at the cloud and it comes for me. It is a massive swarm of shining blue and purple butterflies. They surround me and swirl around me... almost like a living gown. They pull me along and we fly across the desert. They are leading me some place I need to go. The butterflies swirl around my face so I can't see the whole journey, but eventually I arrive on the top of a mesa. The butterflies leave me then. The sun is still bright and hot but not so much as before. But the sky is wrong. There are two moons in it - one glows like fire and the other more like water. And there is a... a disk in the sky like a thin belt. It is another world, though the mesa is in Golarion. But the sun quickly takes precedence. I recognize it as Sarenrae. She says, 'Do not follow; do not lead - just go.' I ask her to explain but she merely repeats herself then I... well... I woke up when I was revived by Felmor."

Bluff 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Sense Motive DC:20:
Priyya is not mentioning something that happened at the very end of the vision. The memory of it weighs on her.


Priyya_1 wrote:
"I'm a fool, I didn't see it before."

Alis gives a slightly melancholy smile and shines the stylized butterfly on her sleeve. "No worries, I don't really come across as the religious sort, do I? Lady Luck seems to look out for me though..."

Priyya wrote:

Desna answers many of the questions. I'll tell you my vision - but I don't know if it will tell you what path you are on. Then again, it might."

"Alis, even a seemingly aimless path is still a path that may have been set before you. Sometimes we don't know the path we are on until we've walked it for awhile. Do not worry - I think you ARE on a path even if you can't recognize it yet."

Alis looks over at her sister and returns the gentle squeeze Alexis gives her hand before nodding for you to go on.

Priyya wrote:
"So, my vision..."

"Do not follow, do not lead, just... go."

Sense Motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

She thinks on the matter for a moment like a cook trying to discern all the herbs used in a broth.

"Was there... anything else that you saw?" her tone is not accusatory, but seems genuinely interested. "The reason I ask is, it's said that you should only tell your dreams to those who truly love you and wish you well because the one who interprets them makes them come true. Yet like with the Harrow for example, one should ensure they can see all the cards in the spread before they make their determinations."

Bluff 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Alexis' Sense Motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Alexis smiles gently and gives her sister's hand another squeeze. "I'm going to go see how Uncle Morgaard is doing. He's been rather quiet lately."

With that, she urges her steed forward until she is riding alongside Morgaard


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Sense Motive (vs Bluff) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


Priyya:
You get the idea that Alis was hinting to her sister that you and she could use some privacy. You also gather that Alis senses there's a bit more to the vision that hasn't been revealed yet and she need to know all the details because she doesn't want to risk misspeaking.

1,651 to 1,700 of 1,844 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP] Wardove's Side-Treks All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.