Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Seer's Journey - DM Downrightamazed

Game Master downrightamazed

A young refugee girl, blessed by the gods with foresight, is accompanied by six warriors to one of the most dangerous places in the world, where a great hero will die.


3,801 to 3,850 of 4,262 << first < prev | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Barbarian 2 AC29 HP128 F+14 W+6 R+6 Perception +14

"Aye, Jorzan that looks much better than running down the hill. Without a way for most of us to stay on top of the snow if we can move up in the cover of the shadows under the trees maybe we can get surprise or at least not take some extra fireballs getting down there. Hopefully by the time we get to the bottom Kelne will have figured which side needs to get dead first. Any idea whose side the caravan is on? Are they our enemy? Are the snow elves our allies?


Okay, Here is the map. This is the battle that is 500' away from you. You can guys can get to row 16 before you'll be seen/heard. You are approaching from the south (aka off the bottom of the map) Here is what I need from everybody who wants to fight:
1. An initiative roll.
2. Tell me what square IN ROW 16 OR HIGHER you want to start in.

As soon as I have those things, I'll place your icons and roll the other combatants' initiatives. You guys will have a surprise round available to you. The squares on the map are 5' squares, but note that this is pretty deep snow, so unless you have some magical widget or class ability or spell or whatever that makes it not so, this is difficult terrain.

Trees provide cover and partial concealment, wagons provide cover and total concealment (obviously). Any questions, please ask in the OOC.


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

When he sees the shape of the battlefield, Justahl will motion the others towards the left side, the aft end of the wagon train.
Initiative:: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Of course.

Sir Justahl will select [J,17] as his starting square.


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

As they approach the battle, hidden even further by magical darkness, Jorzan asks his companions "Can any of you indetify the leader of the Red Dragonflight?"

Jorzan will start at [K,17]


Iniatiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Nasmarra will begin at D16, flying at the treetops. Since she has twice as much time - not being hindered by difficult terrain while flying - she will cast blur.

Nasmarra silently and eerily trails through the trees, phasing in and out of sight as she does so. Her feet drift aimlessly as she flies, giving her even more the appearance of a spectre. She collects the mana to shimmer and become more transluscent. She takes a moment to feel the hum of the minsd before her, deciding which of them she will seize control of first.

If she has an immediate action available, she will always use Adoration (DC 16 Will negates) against the first attack of any round to cause the attacker to automatically lose one attack against her.


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Starting in square M17. Effects of the expeditious retreat spell will have worn off by the time everyone's in position.

Kelne had taken advantage of his speed to get into position early, waiting only on te others or some sign they'd been spotted to kick off the mayhem. He had his anarchic longsword in hand, figuring he'd be surprised if the red dragonflight weren't lawfully inclined.

"Difficult to say who's in charge," he said softly, "We'll have to hit them and see who starts shouting orders."


Surprise Round Initiative Order:
Kelne - 19
Nasmarra - 17
Astar - 16
Jorzan - 11
Hurin - 5
Justahl - 2

Regular Initiative Order:
Snow Elves - 21
Kelne - 19
Mercenaries - 18
Nasmarra - 17
Astar - 16
Jorzan - 11
Red Dragonflight - 10
Hurin - 5
Justahl - 2

NPC stats (anyone can read):

Red Dragonflight Arctic Specialists:
AC: 20/12/18 HP: 40
Saves: F/R/W - 6/8/3
CMD: 22

Mercenaries (Caravan Guards)
AC: 26/14/23 HP: 110
Saves: F/R/W - 10/13/5
CMD: 30

Snow Elves (Arctic Rangers)
AC: 22/16/16 HP: 60
Saves: F/R/W - 7/13/2
CMD: 24

Map is here.

Kelne is first in the surprise round. Remember you only get a single standard action in the surprise round (unless you have feats, etc. that allow otherwise, of course) and all enemies are considered Flat-Footed to you.

Kelne is up, fight!


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

You have Jorzan in [I,17], he's in [K,17]. Also forgot about Zan, he's to Jorzan's right, in [L,15]. As I don't think anyone else's actions will affect Jorzan's, I'll just post now to save time. Finally, with everyone where they are, and Jorzan in [K,17], everyone but Nasmarra would be within Jorzan's 20' radius of Darkness. Fine for most of us, but means that Kelne and Astar can't currently see very well. And of course none of us know exactly where Kelne is at present, except for his unattached voice drifting out of the darkness. ; )

As some of the others begin the assault ahead of him, Jorzan, once more berating himself for not securing appropriate magical winter footwear, simply slogs through the snow towards the closest Red Dragonflight soldier, carrying his aura of Darkness with him as he moves.

Meanwhile Zan, unhindered by the conditions of the ground, floats forward until he is right behind one the same enemy his master is heading towards.

Zan to [M,11]; Jorzan to [L,14]

Round 0 Init 11
AC 23 HP 72/72 CMD 21
F/R/W 5/14/6
Special: 4 AOO/round, Evasion, Can't be flanked (unless by rogue >11), +4AC vs AOO's, Combat Reflexes, 20' radius Darkness around him
Buffs:

ZAN
AC 15, HP 36/36
F/R/W 3/9/3
Special: incorporeal, channel resistance +4; Immune undead traits; cannot be turned or commanded
Buffs:


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

Kelne wasted no time in darting out of cover, moving to flank the nearest of the Red Dragonflight troops and aid the beleaguered snow elf.

"So," he said loudly, addressing his question to the world at large, "Who does the caravan belong to?"

The arrival of a fourth group on the scene was bound to stir up still more confusion, through which a small, compact group could slice with ease.

Round 0, Initiative 19
HP: 71/71 AC: 23/14/18 CMD: 26
Saves: F/R/W - 7/6/7
Buffs: None
Special: Snow doesn't count as difficult terrain; combat reflexes.
SA: Move to N-12


Surprise Round, Initiative 17
44/44 hp; AC 11/11T/10FF; +6F/+4R/+13W
Buffs: fly, blur, ghostly disguise
Special: Adoration 8/8 (if immediate available)

SA: Move (flight) to H13

Nasmarra floats silently above the fray, moving from the snow-capped canopy to the next tree. She makes no noise, simply appearing and floating above the conflict. She gazes upon them, choosing them and feeling the minds laid out before her. She sets her eyes on one of the Red Dragonflight soldiers as she floats a few feet from the top of the next tree. He begins to feel the touch of her whisper pressing against the back of his mind, clouding and fogging it. She has not seized control yet, and he likely doesn't notice the mental probing, but she has settled on making him her unwilling puppet.


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

Round Surprise, Initiative 2
HP: 111/111 AC/T/FF: 29/11/28 SAVES: F/R/W - 16/11/12
BUFFS: Bless Weapon (on Hammer), Divine Favor (+3/+3)
MOVE ACT: Move to [K,15]
STANDARD ACT: Then move to [L,12]

Sir Justahl considered briefly starting off by unlimbering his bow and shooting once or twice before charging, but rejected it. The switching back and forth between weapons would just take too long and lead to daring lady luck to make him fumble. No, it was best to keep the plan simple. Once he saw everyone had kicked off, he began his heavy slogging through the snow to the melee in progress...


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

Correction; Taking a single Move action to [K,15].


As you move into view, many heads turn. The red dragonflight soldiers look determined and start shouting information back and forth to each other, but in a disciplined and terse shorthand; the battle has changed yet again. The mercenaries eye you all warily, but say nothing. The snow elves speak up in reply; "Comrades! Help! One of our own is in one of those giant gems and they will not give her back!" to which a couple red dragonflight officers reply "No, that is our situation! The snow elves lie; they seek not the gems but the full coffers in the wagons! Help us!" The mercs just fight.


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

Moving forward as swiftly as possible, his eyes murderous daggers at his Red Dragonflight target, Jorzan yells back "Never would we help the evil Red Dragonflight! Perhaps though once they are dead, we might all converse civilly. But now we fight! Death to the Red Dragonflight!"


Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Barbarian 2 AC29 HP128 F+14 W+6 R+6 Perception +14

Moving to space M13 attacking red dragon flight fighter.

My ac is 26 because I am two handed.

Attack:
base with the Axe of thanes+17(base attack+9, Str+5, focus Waraxe +1, axe magic bonus+1, axe training+1), -3power attack +2 charging and I have boots of the north so I can charge.

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25

Damage:
Two handed 20 str +5+2, axe +1 magical bonus, +2 specialization Waraxe, power attack two handed+9, +1 fighter weapon training axes
1d10 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 26

"Yipee Kiyahee Mother-BLEEP!"


Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Barbarian 2 AC29 HP128 F+14 W+6 R+6 Perception +14

Edit for clean up and flavor:
Hurin
Round 0 Initiative 5
HP: 128/128, CMD 27*, CMB 14*, (*+1 when armed with an axe)
AC: two handed/shielded 26/29, Touch 14/14
Hurin is a barbarian and his flat footed AC is same as standard AC.
Saves: F/R/W - 14/6/6
Hardy +2 Gain a racial bonus to saves vs Poison, Spells and Spell-Like effects.
Buffs: None known
Swift:
Special modifiers:

Spoiler:
Animal Fury (Ex) Gain a d4 boot or bite attack while raging
Armor Training 2 (Ex) Worn armor -2check penalty, +2 max DEX.
Bravery +2 (Ex) +2 Will save vs. Fear
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Defensive Training (+4) +4 dodge bonus to AC against monsters of the Giant subtype.
Fortified Armor Training Break armor or shield to turn critical hit into a normal hit.
Hatred +1 racial bonus to attacks against Orcs and Goblinoids.
Improved Shield Bash You still get your shield bonus while using Shield Bash.
Power Attack -3/+6 You can subtract from your attack roll to add to your damage.
Quick Draw Draw a weapon as a free action. Throw at full rate of attacks.
Rage (11 rounds/day) (Ex) +4 Str, +4 Con, +2 to Will saves, -2 to AC when enraged.
Slow and Steady Your base speed is never modified by encumbrance.
Stability +4 to avoid being bull rushed or tripped while standing.
Stonecunning +2 +2 bonus to Perception vs unusual stonework. Free check within 10 ft.
Two-Handed Thrower Gain Str bonus when using two hands to throw a one or two-handed weapon
Uncanny Dodge (Ex) Retain Dex bonus to AC when flat-footed.
Weapon Training: Axes +1 (Ex) +1 Attack, Damage, CMB, CMD with axes.

SA:Axe of Thanes Attack was 25
Damage: two handed damage was 26

"We'll I guess no one wants to answer a dwarf's questions, but I know for sure that the Red Dragon bastards are not on our side and those a$#@%@$s destroyed my house . . . Well I guess in a long round about way they are responsible for me breaking out of my funk. Eh, they are still a&!!!#!s, they get it first. <Sigh> Sir Justal takes for frigging ever to move around without that horse, better not tell him that though. . . . Come on, come on, the caravan is going to pass if we don't get down to ass kicking soon. Ok wait for it wait for it. "

Kelne makes himself visible and Hurin begins his charge running easily over the snow wearing his well worn and much loved enchanted Adamantium hobnailed boots. The Axe of Thanes, a mighty Adamantium waraxe with it head, ensorcelled and engraved, held in two hands above Hurin's head as his beard braids fly to either side of his face. Just before Hurin brings his axe down on his selected Red Dragon minion he bellers out, "Yipee Kiyahee Mother-BLEEP!" shearing through his armor like a herder shearing a sheep delivering a brutal hack of a wound. "Thats for my last clean pair of socks you guys destroyed!"


Male Human Fighter (Lore Warden) 8 / Wizard (Scroll Scholar) 1

Round 0, Initiative 11
HP: 52/52 AC: 20/16/17 CMD: 24
Saves: F/R/W - 8/7/8
Buffs: None
Movin' to K-16

Astar didn't so much charge through the snow as he did trudge, keeping his scimitar low and out to his side. This was a battle on a scale quite larger than what he was used to. It would be good, he felt, to take caution.


Initiative Order:
Snow Elves - 21
Kelne - 19
Mercenaries - 18
Nasmarra - 17
Astar - 16
Jorzan - 11
Red Dragonflight - 10
Hurin - 5
Justahl - 2

NPC Stats:
Red Dragonflight Arctic Specialists:
AC: 20/12/18 HP: 40
Saves: F/R/W - 6/8/3
CMD: 22

Mercenaries (Caravan Guards)
AC: 26/14/23 HP: 110
Saves: F/R/W - 10/13/5
CMD: 30

Snow Elves (Arctic Rangers)
AC: 22/16/16 HP: 60
Saves: F/R/W - 7/13/2
CMD: 24

Map is here.


Not having anything immediate to gain from switching tactics, all of the elves stay where
they are and/or maintain their current course of action. The feel of the battle
has clearly changed, though; the Red Dragonflight, now honestly outnumbered and badly
outmatched, are digging in for a duel to the death, while the mercenaries and snow elves
fight with renewed vigor, but an air of caution as neither group knows exactly how you
lot will play your cards, should the Dragonflight Arctic Specialists be defeated.

One elf sees Jorzan's Darkness enveloping her and lets out a startled "Yip!"
like a fox cub before Withdrawing a short distance away to avoid the inky black.

Round 1, Initiative 21 - Snow Elves
AC: 22/16/16 HP: 60
Saves: F/R/W - 7/13/2
CMD: 24
Elf in L-10 moves to K-9, rest keep fighting

Kelne is up!


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

Kelne went for the direct approach, pressing the advantage of his unexpected arrival on the scene and directing a couple of solid blows at the already wounded man. The brief clash saw the man bleeding out on the ground, while Kelne moved on to menace a fresh target.

Round 1, Initiative 19
HP: 71/71 AC: 23/14/18 Saves: F/R/W - 7/6/7
Buffs: None
Special: Snow doesn't count as difficult terrain; Combat reflexes
Full-round action:
Full attack with power attack 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Critical confirmation: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19 (Plus 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3 if lawful alignment)
1d8 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14 (Plus 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9 if lawful alignment)
20% miss chances: 1d100 ⇒ 92
1d100 ⇒ 22
Free action: 5-foot step to O11.


The mercs keep fighting, not paying much attention to any of you outside of sidelong glances. As sellswords they're used to dealing just with the problem in front of them.

Round 1, Initiative 18 - Mercenary Caravan Guards
AC: 26/14/23 HP: 110
Saves: F/R/W - 10/13/5
CMD: 30
(Keep fighting)

Nasmarra is up!


Round 1, Initiative 17
44/44 hp; AC 11/11T/10FF; +6F/+4R/+13W
Buffs: fly, blur, ghostly disguise
Special: Adoration 8/8 (if immediate available)

MA: Fly to J10
SA: extended murderous command (DC 18) vs. Red Dragonflight Warrior (K7) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Nasmarra floats to the next treetop, barely gaining any notice up in the canopy. She reaches out and points at one of the Red Dragonflight's soldiers, currently battling one of the mercenaries near the last wagon of the caravan. She reaches into his mind with her magic and seizes control of his body by poisoning his thoughts. Her terrible whispering voice echoes through his mind. 'Kill your ally. He is a traitor. Kill him!'

The duration is doubled to 2 rounds, so he will attack his nearest ally for each of the next two rounds.


Male Human Fighter (Lore Warden) 8 / Wizard (Scroll Scholar) 1

Round 1, Initiative 16
HP: 52/52 AC: 20/16/17 (18/14/15 until next turn, lunge) CMD: 24
Saves: F/R/W - 8/7/8
Buffs: None
Special: Using Lunge, Prescience: 8/8

MA: Move to K13
SA: Lunge, tripping RDF at K11

Reining in his view of the battle to seize upon the dragonflight trooper before him, Astar felt his mind making connections. Even with the darkness obscuring things, he could figure the precise amount of steps needed to close modified by his current level of exertion and the depth of the snow. The response time of the intended foe, attenuated by the estimated weight of their armor and weapon. Accounting for the locking of eyes, and the autonomic response to heaping violence upon a stranger (something he was not attuned to, truly), there were only so many outcomes for this. He didn't need to use his mind to its fullest for this.

He often wondered how he would fare at the head of a brigade, or army, as a commander. He knew that his ability to accumulate and leverage raw information would suffer to the point of relying on the same set of statistically-effective maneuvers and tactics. No, if he was to engage in battle, he'd always prefer to in the field.

He sped towards the enemy, raising his curved blade up and out to his side. He utilized the mental math he'd done before, calculating just the amount of distance he'd need to close. He slammed the flat of the blade downwards at his foe's ankle with all of his momentum behind it.

Trip: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20
20% Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 22
Using a hero point to reroll the trip:1d20 + 19 ⇒ (9) + 19 = 28

With only a minor course correction required (surely to be blamed on the darkness and uneven terrain!), Astar torqued the trooper's foot out from under him, sending him crunching into the snow.


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

Slogging through the snow, Jorzan moves to the soldier just downed by Astar. Thrusting with both his short swords, despite his enemy being prone, only one of Jorzan's blades strikes flesh.

Attack Poisoned Blade: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Attack Acid Blade: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Poisoned Blade Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
As the poisoned blade sinks in, the Poison Master triggers the release of both poison vials into his enemies system, causing the man to fall into instant unconsciousness.

RD soldier Fort save1 vs Drow poison DC13: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 Success
RD soldier Fort save2 vs Drow poison DC13: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Fail

As his enemy suscumbs to the poison Jorzan calls out to his allies "This one's down!"

Meanwhile, denied his previous target, Zan floats on to the next, and reaches out to touch the nearest RD soldier. But the the soldier's terror on seeing the shade approach allows him the extra speed to just barely avoid the Shadow's paralyzing touch.
Zan touch attack on RD[O,10]: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 MISS
MA: to [N,10]

Combat Stats:

Round 1 Init 11
AC 23 HP 72/72 CMD 21
F/R/W 5/14/6
Special: 4 AOO/round, Evasion, Can't be flanked (unless by rogue >11), +4AC vs AOO's, Combat Reflexes, 20' radius Darkness around him
Buffs:

ZAN
AC 15, HP 36/36
F/R/W 3/9/3
Special: incorporeal, channel resistance +4; Immune undead traits; cannot be turned or commanded
Buffs:


Most of the Red Dragonflight soldiers are engaged in fierce melee, but a few are able to break away and adjust to your appearance. The one threatened by both Zan and Kelne, for example, Withdraws back to a place of safety, dangerously close to one of the gorgons, but also by his fellow soldier. Judging by his movement, Kelne and Jorzan are alike able to make the guess that these troops all have some kind of enchantment or Item that lets them move through snow as if were smooth, flat streets. Not surprising considering their specialty.

The soldier whose mind is overthrown by Nasmarra immediately turns on his associate, who cries out in pain and confusion as he is cut. Another takes advantage of your appearance to dash around a tree and hurt an elf that was hiding there. Most troubling of all, however, is the lone Red Dragonflight warrior who takes off at speed into the trees and heads back up the way you came, towards Gray...and towards Cassandra.

Round 1, Initiative 10
Red Dragonflight Arctic Specialists:
AC: 20/12/18 HP: 40
Saves: F/R/W - 6/8/3
CMD: 22
J-7 attacks and damages I-7
O-10 Withdraws to Q-8
AE-12 takes off into the trees, heading back the way you came.
H-2 moves to G-1

Map is updated.

Hurin is up!


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

"Seriously, who are you working for?" Kelne asked the nearby mercenary conversationally, "We may be able to mediate your dispute, but I would like to know that first."

The runner was a concern, but Gray ought to be able to look after himself. If they could broker some kind of arrangement, they could deal with him and all his friends in short order.


Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Barbarian 2 AC29 HP128 F+14 W+6 R+6 Perception +14

Hurin Round 1 Initiative 5
HP: 128/128, CMD 27*, CMB 14*, (*+1 when armed with an axe)
AC: two handed/shielded 26/29, Touch 14/14
Hurin is a barbarian and his flat footed AC is same as standard AC.
Saves: F/R/W - 14/6/6
Hardy +2 Gain a racial bonus to saves vs Poison, Spells and Spell-Like effects.
Buffs: None known
Swift:
If I can charge straight to K9 I will. Assuming that here is the business!

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32 To hit with the Axe of Thanes
1d20 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 21 Damage with Axe

Hurin seeing that Kelne has ended the misery of the Dragon Flight Warrior he had slashed previously set his sights on the Dragon Flight Warrior who had moved into position next to the rearmost Gorgon cart. Hurtling along he brought his axe up in a backhanded blow. Though not the most solid of blows the dwarf could deliver it was none the less a devastating blow.

"Shell my city with rocks will ya! Here's a little payback!"


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

Round 1, Initiative 2
HP: 111/111 AC/T/FF: 29/11/28 SAVES: F/R/W - 16/11/12
BUFFS: Bless Weapon (on Hammer), Divine Favor (+3/+3)
DOUBLE MOVE ACT: Move to [J,9]

Breathing heavily, Sir Justahl surges forward through the heavy snow and into the darkness. His eyes able to penetrate the darkness, he momentarily pauses as he sees the straggler head towards Grey... and Cassandra. He agonizes for a moment, but his actions were set. Without magical help, there was simply no way to intercept him, or get back in time to affect the fight there. He surges forward.
With the first of the dragonflight down, he moved towards the last known position of the trailing dragonflight soldiers. He ignores the elf as a possible ally as he moves alongside.


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

Correction, I double move to [J,11] instead.
Sorry, keep forgetting plate armor limitation.


Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Barbarian 2 AC29 HP128 F+14 W+6 R+6 Perception +14

"Jorzan! Nasmara! Can you get that one thats running or send your pet!?"


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

So, Snow Elves are up?

Noticing the Red Dragonflight soldier dash off back the way they came, his thoughts instantly flashing to concern of the most important person in the world to him, Jorzan has already turned towards Zan and is sending his metal message by the time Hurin's voice rings out.

Then, as the shadow begins to move off, and knowing that he is sending a piece of himself to seek after her protection, the shadow rouge turns to the dwarf and answers with iron conviction "She shall come to No harm."


END OF ROUND 1, BEGINNING OF ROUND 2

Initiative Order:
Snow Elves - 21
Kelne - 19
Mercenaries - 18
Nasmarra - 17
Astar - 16
Jorzan - 11
Red Dragonflight - 10
Hurin - 5
Justahl - 2

NPC stats:
Red Dragonflight Arctic Specialists:
AC: 20/12/18 HP: 40
Saves: F/R/W - 6/8/3
CMD: 22
Mercenaries (Caravan Guards)
AC: 26/14/23 HP: 110
Saves: F/R/W - 10/13/5
CMD: 30

Snow Elves (Arctic Rangers)
AC: 22/16/16 HP: 60
Saves: F/R/W - 7/13/2
CMD: 24

Map is here.


The Snow Elves speak little, seeming to communicate with each other more through gesture and eye contact, but they are effective fighters, and with the new distraction of your arrival forcing the Red Dragonflight on the defensive, a couple of the pale-skinned northern elves take advantage of things and drop a few more soldiers, who crumple to the ground with a dull thud and a *poof* of snow.

Round 2, Initiative 21
Snow Elves (Arctic Rangers)
AC: 22/16/16 HP: 60
Saves: F/R/W - 7/13/2
CMD: 24
Actions: mostly stand their ground and fight. A few more dragonflight soldiers get dropped by the elves.

Kelne is up!


@Kelne: The mercenary doesn't look at you, not wanting to take his eye off the tactical situation before him, but he does favor you with a deadpan reply; "We're under contract to protect this caravan at all costs. You here to rob it, too? 'Cos I'd hate to have to kill so well-mannered a fighter." He grimaces, as if the thought of running you through really does pain him.


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

"Perish the thought," Kelne responded, playing up the well-spoken aspect for humour, "No, so long as you're not working for Ormir or the like, we'll get along fine. What do you say? Willing to gang up on the Red Dragonflight first, then stand down and try to talk things out?"

As he waited for a response, he moved on to his next target, intending to take some of the pressure off the nearest elf. Hurin was well placed to aid the mercenary in any case. A nasty blow opened up a wound in the man's side, leaving him hurt and beset from two sides.

Round 1, Initiative 19
HP: 71/71 AC: 23/14/18 Saves: F/R/W - 7/6/7
Buffs: None
Special: Snow doesn't count as difficult terrain; Combat reflexes
MA: to Q-9
SA: Power attack, with vital strike on soldier at R9
Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21
Damage: 2d8 + 12 ⇒ (5, 2) + 12 = 19
Plus 2d6 damage if lawful 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9


The mercenary trudges through the snow, away from Jorzan's darkness. "I hope I'll be able to take you up on that." he says cautiously to Kelne. "For now we concentrate on the task at hand, and we see where everone stands -- " he grunts with effort as he takes a chunk out of an ill-prepared dragonflight warrior's side " -- then we'll see how negotiations proceed."

A couple of the mercenaries dispatch the red dragonflight warriors that were near them, then immediately turn their lethal attention to the snow elves, badly slashing the rare beings' delicate flesh.

Round 2, Initiative 18
Mercenaries (Caravan Guards)
AC: 26/14/23 HP: 110
Saves: F/R/W - 10/13/5
CMD: 30
One moves to P-8, others keep fighting.

Map is updated.

Nasmarra is up!


Round 2, Initiative 17
44/44 hp; AC 11/11T/10FF; +6F/+4R/+13W
Buffs: fly, blur, ghostly disguise
Special: Adoration 8/8 (if immediate available)

MA: Move 60' to R18
SA: Cast hold person against Red Dragonflight soldier (AF20)
> Will save (DC 19) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Nasmarra floats forward through the cloud of darkness, emerging from the other side. Not only is she significantly faster through the air than those trudging through the snow, her magic lends far more speed than even a man running at full speed. The Red Dragonflight warrior darts across the ground, heading towards their greatest treasure. She reaches out with her mind, pointing a ghostly finger at the soldier. Her actions are not subtle; there is no whisper touching the back of his mind. She simply seizes control of his mind and body in their entirety, causing him to stiffen up and nearly fall to the ground. She tears at his mind savagely, but he continues running forward. She rends a memory from his mind - a quiet, happy moment with a woman that he loved - that he sacrifices to gain enough strength to fight off her magic. Nasmarra frowns and redoubles her efforts to force her will upon him.

Remember that the Red Dragonflight soldier (J7) is still affected by murderous command.


Astar is up! Jorzan, you can sneak in if your action likely won't stomp on anything our scholar/fighter is gonna do...


Nasmarra wrote:
Remember that the Red Dragonflight soldier (J7) is still affected by murderous command.

Yup!


Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Barbarian 2 AC29 HP128 F+14 W+6 R+6 Perception +14

Hurin stares down the Dragonflight warriors as they dance the blades, the humans blood staining the snow like a cherry snowcone gone wrong, "Why do you serve the Dragonflight?! Why do you side against your own race! Do you seek the worlds destruction? Or are you just in it for the damn gold?!"


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

Sorry, Paizo was down yesterday when I tried to post (and Lost! Grrr) Jorzan's post

Hearing the oddly civil seeming conversation between Kelne and one of the brutally efficient mercenaries, Jorzan spares a glance at the man, thinking to himself 'That's a dangerous liaison Kelne, those mercs are Not our allies' As he looks, the canny rogue tries to discern the mercenary's true feelings and motives regarding the newcomers or any potential alliance with them.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21

Then, about to send Zan after the Red Dragonflight soldier heading towards Cassandra and Gray, Jorzan catches sight of Nasmarra streaking after him. Figuring that the cleric and the strange woman should be more than a match for a single soldier, the Shadowdancer sends his Shadow after another target instead. Ghosting across the battlefield, Zan reaches out to touch one of his master's enemies, the touch of the Shadow creature causing the the man's muscles and bones to begin to slow down and seize up.
MA: Fly to [O,4]
SA: Zan touch attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Dex Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Meanwhile Jorzan himself, gritting his teeth in frustration at his slow progress through the snow, nevertheless manages to slog close enough to get a telling hit in on one of the soldiers nearest him. Swiftly poisoning his blade before driving it into the man's flesh, the master poisoner grins in satisfaction as he observes the concoction take hold and cause the soldier to slump into unconsciousness.
MA: Move to [L,8]
Swift: Poison with Blue Whinnis
SA: Attack with Keen blade: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Soldier save vs poison DC14: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 =Fail. 1 Con damage plus unconsciousness

Round 2 Init 11
AC 23 HP 72/72 CMD 21
F/R/W 5/14/6
Special: 4 AOO/round, Evasion, Can't be flanked (unless by rogue >11), +4AC vs AOO's, Combat Reflexes
Buffs: None

ZAN
AC 15, HP 36/36
F/R/W 3/9/3
Special: incorporeal, channel resistance +4; Immune undead traits; cannot be turned or commanded
Buffs: None


@Hurin: One of the dragonflight soldiers snorts and shouts over to you; "'Traitors'? Master dwarf, we will be our race's saviors and champions! When Kalaroth comes -- and he will come -- humans will be spared thanks to us! Elves will be spared thanks to us! Same for half-elves and anyone else we choose to place under our banner. So your people better fall in line, or when the Dragon King returns, they will fall into ruin."


Male Human Fighter (Lore Warden) 8 / Wizard (Scroll Scholar) 1

Round 2, Initiative 16
HP: 52/52 AC: 20/16/17 CMD: 24
Saves: F/R/W - 8/7/8
Buffs: None
Special: Prescience: 8/8

MA: Move to K10

Astar trudged forwards, hoping to get a word in amongst Hurin and his foe.

"Really? Join or die? That's hardly an effective argument. Even if you're viewing the matter from pure pragmatism, the truth claim that all races will fall to ruin is one I simply don't find to be inherently plausible- at least, not as an instantaneous repercussion.

I'm forced to the conclusion that you're behaving out of fear, more than anything else."


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

If you're making a double move, you could actually move further Astar, or is [K,10] where you want to be?


Male Human Fighter (Lore Warden) 8 / Wizard (Scroll Scholar) 1

I was not aware I could double move. I guess he'll keep trudging to L9, if possible.


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

Round 2, Initiative 2
HP: 111/111 AC/T/FF: 29/11/28 SAVES: F/R/W - 16/11/12
BUFFS: Bless Weapon (on Hammer), Divine Favor (+3/+3)
DOUBLE MOVE ACT: Move to [I,8]

Grimly determined, Sir Justahl surges forward through the heavy snow. His eyes able to penetrate the darkness, he closes on the next Dragonflight enemy.
He focuses on the dragonflight enemy at the moment; ignoring the elf as a probable ally.
But at the back of his mind, he wondered about the mercenaries. Sparing a glance at the nearest merc, he opened his senses to the presence of Evil, hoping against hope that the decision would be taken out of his hands. If they were not actually Evil, could he strike them down to get to the prisons on the wagons?
Detect Evil at a glance on nearest merc.


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

Kelne drew in a deep breath at the sight of bloodshed being inflicted on the snow elves. This was hardly the outcome he'd been aiming for.

"ENOUGH!" he shouted, "I don't care who started this or why! We are going to deal with the common enemy, and then we are going to step back and discuss this like civilised people! As opposed to bleeding each other dry for when this lot's large, scaly friends show up!"

Gods knew what the odds of dragons turning up in support of the Dragonflight troops were, but that was one threat which might cut through the mutual antagonism.

Whether he'd get any backup from his newfound friend on calling a halt to the bloodshed was an open question, but he certainly didn't intend to stand idly by and watch while the two groups butchered each other.


Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Barbarian 2 AC29 HP128 F+14 W+6 R+6 Perception +14

Hurin Round 2 Initiative 5
HP: 128/128, CMD 27*, CMB 14*, (*+1 when armed with an axe)
AC: two handed/shielded 26/29, Touch 14/14
Hurin is a barbarian and his flat footed AC is same as standard AC.
Saves: F/R/W - 14/6/6
Hardy +2 Gain a racial bonus to saves vs Poison, Spells and Spell-Like effects.
Buffs: None known
Swift:

"obviously you pretty much suck at history. And THIS dwarf will never capitulate. If you succeed at your plan your life would be one of slavery at best, but more likely you would be dragon toe jam, mortar in one of their walls or like a piece of corn in their s$&~! So I tell you what in the process of fighting for my freedom let me help you get a more open minded about your part in the dragon's plan!"

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31 full attack two handed with Waraxe and power attack
1d10 + 20 ⇒ (4) + 20 = 24 damage
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 second attack for full attack
1d10 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 26 damage

Hurin delivers two horrendous blows to the already half dead warrior severing his head and right arm from the corpses torso before splitting it ribcage to hip. The ruined body falls to the ground in a heap. "If anyone else needs a history lesson step right up! because this dwarf is never going to be kept in chains! And if the big man is offering a truce and anyone here wants to live I suggest you take up his offer!!


The caravan guard with whom Kelne had just been speaking replies to his outburst; "The only common enemy here before me, northman, are those who would seek to rob this caravan that we are charged to protect, which currently includes both the crimson-and-silver-clad buffoons falling to ruin around us as well as the pointy-eared cutthroats hiding in the trees and dancing past the ends of our blades."

One of the snow elves cries out "You have our friend in there! This is a rescue, not a robbery!"

"If your friend is our cargo, then the worse for you; you can attempt to buy him or her back from our client, same as anyone else, but we will not let you remove anything from these wagons as long as we draw breath." comes the retort.

"Then we shall hasten the ceasement of your breath!" spits back the elf.


The red dragonflight warriors have their hands full with their existing opponents and stay mostly focused on them, drawing fresh blood from caravan soldier and snow elf alike.

Round 2, Initiative 10
Red Dragonflight Arctic Specialists
AC: 20/12/18 HP: 40
Saves: F/R/W - 6/8/3
CMD: 22
Continue attack

END OF ROUND 2

3,801 to 3,850 of 4,262 << first < prev | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Seer's Journey - DM Downrightamazed All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.