Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Darkness Below Maure Castle.... (Inactive)

Game Master Lord Thasmudyan

The ultimate dungeon delve deep into the bowels of Maure Castle where the evil, insane and vile House Maure once dwelt. What secrets lay hidden in this once proud House's crumbling abode and what happened to the members of this House....


501 to 550 of 718 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

M Human (Mwangi: Bekyar) Cleric 11/Monk 1

Moussa does likewise, albeit not as well.

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

Moussa and Flynn

Spoiler:

The voices in the hall seem to fade but both of you are sure that someone is still in the hall as you hear the sound of soft foot steps.

Pendin

Spoiler:

You suddenly notice that you can only hear one step of footsteps now coming from the hallway outside the door.

Drake

Spoiler:

You slip into the shadows and slide up next Pendin and can see he is concentrating. your guess is he is listening for something as he is looking toward the open door to the tunnel you guys first look at. He has a concerned look on his face.


M Human (Mwangi: Bekyar) Cleric 11/Monk 1

Moussa attempts to quietly cast Detect the Faithful.


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

Pendin squints down at the open doorway, shakes his head, and concentrates again. He readies himself to grapple the first thing to show itself past the juncture. He hisses a whisper back to the group, "I think someone or something is coming in through the doors."


Flynn quietly creeps around the corner, but he cannot see all that well. "It's so dark in here, I cannot see a thing." Flynn whispers to himself


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

Grapple Flynn 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (2) + 21 = 23

Not sure if dex bonus gets subtracted from CMD since this would technically be a surprise round right?

**Edit** Yep Dex bonus is lost as well as dodge.

Pendin sees a body slowly proceeding from around the corner and hears a something muttered. He shoots his hand forward to grasp at whatever makes itself available, "Irori's perfection hold thee!" he cries out...


Dang my FF CMD is 23.....

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

Actually with him sneaking I am not sure you would be able to have seen him....So to fix this I need you to both re-roll your checks Pendin a perception and Flynn a stealth check.


Alright, im good at those. Stealth: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (10) + 22 = 32


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

Oops fair enough! Perception 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (20) + 20 = 40


1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33 Perception to hear Pendin cry out and/or the sound of them scuffling

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Ranger 3 || HP 32/32 || AC 16, T 13, FF 13, CMD 17 || F +5, R +6, W +1 || Per. +6, Init +5

with his shortbow out. I prep my action to fire at the first thing I see coming around the corner.

roll to hit
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

damage with vital strike

2d8 + 0 ⇒ (7, 7) + 0 = 14
Sneak attack damage
6d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 1, 5, 6, 6) = 22 ----- 25

damage because of Powerful and Deadly Sneak attack

Total Damage
39


"What in the nine hells! Who goes there?" Perception: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (17) + 28 = 45

Nope, no hit for you


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

My perception succeeds!

Pendin's hand closes on a forearm of Flynn. After he begins to bring his other hand around to attempt to throw and pin the person, Pendin abruptly stops and lets go. His mouth drops. He closes and opens it a few times.

"FLYNN?!"

An arrow speeds by his ear causing him to flinch and he looks back,

"Stop shooting! I know this man...he's from my monastery."

Looking back at Flynn, he suddenly grins and wraps him in an embarrassingly big hug. "Flynn, I can't believe it's you! Is Moussa with you? I've never seen you two apart...well I never saw any of us apart since the Master's training..."

A clouded look crosses Pendin's face when he mentions the master, "You...aren't here because of the Master are you?"


"PENDIN!?!?! Is that you? Thank Irori, we can looking for you. Yes, Mouassa is here. MOUASSA! It's Pendin, he is here!"


M Human (Mwangi: Bekyar) Cleric 11/Monk 1

The giant Mwangi laughs heartily. "Ha, of course! Why cast the spell when I can follow my eyes? I see your kung fu is still excellent."


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

Looking up to the Mwangi man, "It's good to see you both again. But please, tell me, why are you here and how did you find me?"


M Human (Mwangi: Bekyar) Cleric 11/Monk 1

"We were sent to find you, old friend. Your old master ...his 'unorthodox teachings' have come to light within the greater temple. We know he taught you to hate the feykin."


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

"Attempted to teach me. That's why I left. If you're not here from him, then you too are acting on behalf of the Pathfinders?"

Pendin leads his two brothers towards the rest of the group. With a wave and a nod towards each member of his group he says, "This is Drake, Nexumis, Chirinide, Aelaeron, Malcolm and...has anyone seen Gelik?". Putting his hands on the two people's shoulders (or shoulder blades in the case of Moussa), "This is Flynn and Moussa. We shared a time at the same monastery. They could well be Irori's companions themselves, as sturdy and practiced as they are."


M Human (Mwangi: Bekyar) Cleric 11/Monk 1

"Honored to meet you," Moussa bows. "A boon companion of my brother is my boon companion."


Welcome, your presence is greatly appreciated. Aelaeron gives a half bow, and the faerie dragon perched on his shoulder almost falls off before catching itself with butterfly wings. You could not have come at a better time. We have found these catacombs to be most challenging, but I think with your help, we shall prove to be their match. Now, if Chirinide is done fabricating new shields to Malcom, I say we should be off, unless, do either of you command a mastery over Irori's divine might? If so, when you have the opportunity, perhaps you can attempt to make Malcom's shields whole again with your magic. It is a long shot, but we should at least try.

Looking for a make whole spell on the shields. I don't know if we still have Nexumis or not, but I think with you guys we should be ok.


"You should best be asking Moussa for that. All I use is my bow here, but Irori guides its arrows to their destination."


M Human (Mwangi: Bekyar) Cleric 11/Monk 1

"I could pray for them to be made whole tomorrow."


F Half-Elf Were-Tigress

"Monasteries? You didn't say you were from a monastery Pendin. Those are secluded places where people sit around praying and training, right?" Chirinide looks completely honest with the question.


"Those are both major parts of what we all did there, but not the whole thing." Flynn replies to the half elf. "There was some formal schooling, well, more of indoctrinating than actual teaching..."


M Human (Mwangi: Bekyar) Cleric 11/Monk 1

"We three represent three of the main branches of our temple, the Blazing Lotus Temple, deed in the Tiger's Maw. Pendin, as a Blazing Lotus Monk, represents the Way of the Stone, where the body itself is molded like by master craftsmen. Flynn, a Brother of the Lotus Temple, is the Way of the Air, Meditative Mastery of Death From Afar. And I am a Blazing Lotus Priest, of the Way of the Water, Which Gives or Takes Life."


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

Pendin nods at the explanations Flynn and Moussa present to Chirinide. "Indeed, the monastic life was not for the easily bored or overly intelligent,at least not the Way of the Stone. I eventually left the monastery because of...troubling teachings I was receiving. I have not yet traveled far in my life, I came to Absalom and have not experienced much beyond. Truly, I am still a child in many ways." He looks directly at Chirinide, "Yes, prayer and training were much of what I've known, as well as absolutes. Perfection or ruin. Good or evil. Human or...Fey."

Another momentary look of regret crosses his face, and slight glisten in his eyes betrays the emotions inside.


F Half-Elf Were-Tigress

"Weird, In my world there are no monasteries but some people do think that what you are matters, mostly in Kilstrom, only for them it's human or...well, nature is the closest word you have. Funny how conflict and hatred revolves around the things in which we don't get a choice, most of the time anyway. Actually got ran out of the town I appeared in for the same thing.

Anyway, lets get a move on, I vote we go through the sun room."

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Ranger 3 || HP 32/32 || AC 16, T 13, FF 13, CMD 17 || F +5, R +6, W +1 || Per. +6, Init +5

Quit your gibbering and let's get a move on here or we are all going to perish where we stand


"Yes, let's go. It will be just like old times, right Pendin?"


Excellent, let's proceed. Who's in front?

Aelaeron insinuates himself into the center of the group.


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

Pendin nods, "Yes just like old times. I will gladly take the lead."


F Half-Elf Were-Tigress

"What is it with you folks and this obsession over who is in front?"

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

So in what direction are you guys going? the group currently stands just inside the magic doors west is the t-intersection that leads both north and south. to the north it leads to the room Malcom lost his shields in to the north and to the south it leads to the room Chirinide crafted him new ones in which has a hallway that continues another 30 ft past it and around another corner that has yet to be explored. East is the chalice fountain about 100+ ft away which you guys have determined you could hug the walls to avoid its effects just south of you is some doors down a short 30 foot hallway that no one has yet looked at. Far east is the wall covered in niches that goes north and south the room does seem to go further south and north than you guys can see which requires moving toward or finding someway around the fountain


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

I think we were heading to the sun room

"It's not an obsession...merely a tactical decision that needs to be made in an unfamiliar and potentially threatening place."


Luca, if you would be so kind, please have a look at that door to the south before we proceed.


Sure thing, Boss.

The little dragon dutifully wings over to the doors to the south, carefully examining the corridor, walls, ceiling and doors.

Perception: 10 + 14 = 24 take 10

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Ranger 3 || HP 32/32 || AC 16, T 13, FF 13, CMD 17 || F +5, R +6, W +1 || Per. +6, Init +5

I agree aelaeron

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Ranger 3 || HP 32/32 || AC 16, T 13, FF 13, CMD 17 || F +5, R +6, W +1 || Per. +6, Init +5

I am also going to search the area by the doors but I am going to do it for traps as well
I am going to sneak down there

stealth check
1d20 + 24 ⇒ (8) + 24 = 32

perception check
1d20 + 24 ⇒ (5) + 24 = 29


Flynn follows about 20 feet Drake with his bow drawn, sneaks behind him, and looks around

Stealth: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (15) + 22 = 37
Perception: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (16) + 28 = 44


Male Elf Wizard- 12

sorry guys, my comp was dropped during my moving, posting from khone only now, its been tight in the pocket or id have had internet on phone sooner. Im sorry guys.

Nexumis follows in the middle of the group, two more huh, makes my job much easier. Pleased to meet you both. Im Nexumis, possibly able to make Malcoms shields work again, but i dont know the spell Im afraid. Lets get going, Drake did ya find any traps on the door there?

Nexumis hangs back a ways, watching to see if traps are found. His staff in hand, he leans against a wall,.


F Half-Elf Were-Tigress

Chirinide sneaks along with everyone else.
Stealth: 1d20 + 31 ⇒ (19) + 31 = 50

edit, Wow, that was a good roll, somehow I wonder if it will actually come into play.

Can I save this one for later? Like right before the big boss or when trying to sneak through a roomful of pitfiends?


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

On a sailboat all day, not sure when I can post next

Pendin travels down the passageway at the front of the party looking for any sign inhabitants.

Perception 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30


F Half-Elf Were-Tigress

What about traps? Want to keep an eye out for those as well right? Lol


M Human (Mwangi: Bekyar) Cleric 11/Monk 1

Not very sneaky by nature, Moussa tries to stay behind all his compatriots while trying to move quietly. Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


"I can thank you enough for these Chirinide. I think they will do just fine until a better solution comes along."

Malcom equips himself with his new shields and marches right on ahead of the party, no stealth check required! An audible clang,clang,clang from his remaining Armor sounds an echo off the walls of the dungeon as he carries on.

Yes, we're getting into this all over again.

Perception Check to see allies who are hiding: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (4) + 21 = 25

Malcom pauses for a moment to look around and make sure he didn't take a wrong turn somewhere as half the party disappears from sight. The few he can see let him realize that he can't be too far off course.


Malcom! Come over here my friend, Aelaeron calls. There's something I'd like to discuss with you.


"Aelaeron, What is it my friend?"

Ok, I'll behave....


Well Malcom, we are devising a new strategy. It involves letting the sneaky ones scout ahead, and bring us news of what's ahead. Hopefully this way, we won't lose any more shields, eh? he says with a wink.

Also, he adds, Nexumis and I need you here with us if you don't mind. Far too many ghastly horrors roving about for elves like me.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Ranger 3 || HP 32/32 || AC 16, T 13, FF 13, CMD 17 || F +5, R +6, W +1 || Per. +6, Init +5

I believe that our friend Aelaeron is correct we are going to go ahead and scout ahead

501 to 550 of 718 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Darkness Below Maure Castle.... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.