Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Steel Wolves - A Mercenary Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

The Steel Wolves are a squad of the mercenary company the Blood Hawks. Currently stationed in Kalabuto, though the jungle calls....


2,801 to 2,850 of 3,371 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>

Primordial Ooze

Time of day is mid-morning by now, surrounding neighborhood is a mixture of residential and industrial. It's fairly congested as you're a bit back off the main thoroughfares through the city. Other buildings are close enough on some sides that you could move between them (the front of the workshop is a wider street - but the other three sides are smaller alleys).
Foot traffic is relatively light, though growing somewhat as the day beds in.


male Half orc Shapeshifter Skirmisher 5

Is it possible to find a spot to climb up without running a major risk of being noticed?


Primordial Ooze

Yep - shouldn't be a problem.


Male Half Elf Wolf Shaman 5

Sentis will point out the damage to the others.

Tracks on the roof. I think we have a climber considering how it left Holmburg's.

The young druid hoped they didnt run out of time. The old man probably couldnt take much in the way of rough treatment.


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

"We best be trackin afore tha tracks err all gone."

Grusk moves to track......


male Half orc Shapeshifter Skirmisher 5

"Climbing ain't restricted to a single individual." Dark points out quietly as he finds a promising spot and heads up himself.

Taking 10 gives him a 17 on climb; if that is not sufficient I'll roll.


Primordial Ooze

Darkbiter begins to easily make the ascent to the roof, though his nose wrinkles when he nears the summit. A powerful scent akin to the urine of an antelope in heat fills his nostrils and drowns out all else. The roof bears no sign of where the path led thereafter and Darkbiter's senses are unable to get any further clues so choked with piss.

For confirmation - the trail led up to the roof, then vanished under the weight of the kaava musk


male Half orc Shapeshifter Skirmisher 5

Coming back down, "They covered their trail up top. Our best bet may be to trace the distinct perfume I smelled back in the room; otherwise, perhaps search through the notes that remain for hints of anyone Holmburg may have been wary of." Dark looks at the others with a slightly questioning look that makes it clear that he can offer suggestions all day, but he really doesn't know how to proceed.


Male Half Elf Wolf Shaman 5

The druid's worry for Holmburg grew when Dark confirmed the trail going cold.

How could they have been prepared for being tracked by scent on a rooftop?


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

"Suren we ken pick up either tha orginal scent o tha musk round on tha ground, like dar says anyone wanna snoop round the stuff an ask round bout any visitors he got."

Grusk quickly organizes Dark, Sentis (&wolf) to attempt the trail before it is completely gone.


Primordial Ooze

Although Team Green ranges around the building and surrounding streets for a while, you aren't able to pick up any trace of the continuing trail.


Male Half Elf Wolf Shaman 5

The half elf shook his twisted locks in disappointment.

The trails gone cold. Should we return to Homburg's to look for clues?


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

Is there any place or person nearby that I might be able to ask about who owned the building?. If not, I'll wait for Team Green to come back and then pondering breaking in anyways


Primordial Ooze

There is a flophouse two doors down that might have your answers. Though methinks Team Green would be returning to you soonish anyways.


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

The plan was Doc and I were gonna try to get answers while Team Green was doin their thing. I've been busy due to the storm, and actually partially forgot, till just yesterday, but didn't get a chance to ask till now, since I wasn't sure what to do


Primordial Ooze

Just read back and noticed I missed it

Blaze and Doc are able to find out that the building's owner is currently out of town on a business trip to Eleder. The building has been sitting idle and seemingly uninhabited during that time.


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

"Well Doc, I say that gives us a 'right' to break in, and look for clues. Whattya say?"


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

Team green rounds the corner to see how Sentis and Doc deal with doors.


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

"Gimme a sec..." Doc says, fishing out a set of picks and a tension bar. "Make sure no one's comin'.

Disable Device to open the door: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

"This ain't workin. Corrosion in the keyhole. Hold on."

Fishing out a key ring, Doc tries to insert a couple keys into the lock, testing them against the mechanisms.

Disable Device, Skeleton Key 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Disable Device, Skeleton Key 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


Primordial Ooze

Doc sets to work on the lock and his jaw clenches as his pick catches and snaps in the lock. But with a little patience, he is able to free the broken pick. The first skeleton key tried works however and the door swings open.

The interior of the workshop is dusty and empty of life. The tools and equipment are covered with white sheets and no-one seems to have disturbed it in some time. The second floor show the same level of emptyness and dustyness.


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

Pulling the broken pick off the ring, he looks at it with a scowl. "Bah. Cheep steel."

Putting it into his design notebook to remind himself to make a new one later, he scratched his beard and jotted something down while he stepped aside and let Blaze go in first.

Gotta be a better way o' doin' that...


male Half orc Shapeshifter Skirmisher 5

Dark frowns at the loss of the trail, but enters the building behind the others cautiously and watching for signs of anything useful.

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31+2 vs humans


Primordial Ooze

Darkbiter finds no sign of any recent activity within the building.


Male Half Elf Wolf Shaman 5

Its like they disappeared...or flew off.

Sentis couldnt shake the feeling that whoever took Homburg knew they'd be followed and took extra care that it wouldnt be possible.


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

Grusk has Skylar fly a loop around the area to see if all the small birds had already been disturbed.....


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

Blaze casts Light on his blade, and looks around. However, there appears to be nothing useful within.

"Seems like we're at some sort of dead end, which I don't like. Any suggestions on where to go from here Wolves?"


Male Half Elf Wolf Shaman 5

Id say back to Holmburg's. Maybe we can find a clue as to what he figured out...I do have a suspicion though Sunny...

The young half elf combed his fingers through his knotted locks.

There was one other person that was very interested in the Ghol-Gan...that Robert Vankermann. He's already proven himself devoid of certain values and probably wouldnt be above a kidnapping.


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

"Right. So where d' we find 'I'm?" Doc said grimly, lighting up a cigar.


Primordial Ooze

You don't know where Vankerman is... yet - a bit of asking around would get you the info.


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

"Ain't we got some pretty faces tah asks round? Thas not a job fer team green les yah want us tah string em up an torture em."

"Where our pretty boys?"


Male Half Elf Wolf Shaman 5

Sentis shuckled at the thought of any of them being referred to as pretty.

We could ask the Captain couldnt we? Surely with the contracts we've had with Vankermann they have some way of contacting him. Should some of us go and secure Holmburg's quarters and belongings as well?


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

"Not sure I trust the Captain to tell us. I can ask around to see if anybody knows"


Primordial Ooze

Just a reminder - if you'd like to tangibly act, please put it in non-speech descriptive text.
To find out where Vankerman might be - I just need to know where you go to ask, and a Diplomacy check for gathering information.


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

Are we in the same town where Doc had his glorious drinking victory? I honestly can't remember.


Primordial Ooze

Indeed you are - Kalabuto; you've not visited any other town in the full PbP history, so any memories of town/city related places are all here.


male Half orc Shapeshifter Skirmisher 5

Dark will serve as bodyguard for the talkative folks. The one place he as a history with is not one that would help the party much even if he wanted to return there.


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

Blaze looks to the dwarven mad scientist, a bit of a mischievous grin on his face "Hey Doc, feel like returning to that bar where you become a local legend? We might be able to learn some stuff there"


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

Laughs

"Yer askin Doc if he wants tah go drinking, answer is yes!"


Male Half Elf Wolf Shaman 5

Of course, they will most likely want Doc to live up to the challenge again. Some of us should stay outside. An armed group the size of ours will probably silence more tongues than get them talking.

Sentis wasnt much for carrousing. He was still acclimating to just being in a city full of people. The idea of being in a small room filled with inebriated louts didnt appeal to him in the least.


Primordial Ooze

Moving things on a bit...

The squad secures Holmburg's room and fills in the barkeep with a few details and extracts a promise that he'll keep get the window repaired and keep the room as close to the state you found it as can be managed. You then make off for the Drowning Man and your arrival brings some recognition from the patrons within. The barkeep in particular wryly smiling at Doc "Yer record still stands... ye here to try an break it yerself?"


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

"No point hes got free drinks til he dies!"

"Tha was tha contest as I recollect it."


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

"Not t'night barkeep. Ah'll just take a mug fer me an th' boys 'ere." Doc says flipping a gold coin across the room with impressive accuracy. "Th' rest o' that c'n go t' a credit fer the Steel Wolves next celebratory night out."

"We're lookin' fer a fella named Vankerman. Got some business t' discuss wit' 'im. Anyone who c'n tell us where t' find 'im will have all their drinks on me t'night."


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

Blaze nods at Doc "My dwarven friend speaks the truth, if anybody can help us, we would be most thankful"

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 Diplomacy


Primordial Ooze

The proffered coin is snared and disappears quickly as she draws ale for the group. At Blaze's query she thinks a moment before replying "Aye, name rings a bit of a bell like... some bigwig who bought up a mansion near the town garrison. Don't know much more than that, but we get a few of the guard in later who might know a bit. You want I should point em out when they get here?"


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

Doc looks to Blaze. "Tha' might be all we need. Ah ain't too keen on waitin' while Holmburg's missin'."


Male Half Elf Wolf Shaman 5

Sentis took a seat on the inn's stoop and scrathed Baran behind the ears while he waited.


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

Blaze shakes his head "I'd like to get some more info if possible. Thankfully, we're a team. I'll be right back"

The magus steps outside and motions to Dark to walk away from the inn abit. "It would appear our friend bought a mansion up by the town garrison. Why don't you go with Grusk and investigate? Do not get caught. If he gives you any grief, you're acting with my authority." he says in a near whisper, to make sure nobody overhears him.

He then goes back inside and takes a seat at the bar, saying to the girl behind the counter "As soon as the guards come in, let us know, please?"


M half-orc Rogue 4 (acrobat) / Ranger 1 (falconer)

"Sure Dark an I ken take a look-see."

Heads for the town garrison and mansions....


HP 31/31, Acid Resist 5, Fast Heal 10/10, AC 18, CMD 13, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0, Bombs 8/8, Init +2

Doc takes a long pull off his mug. "Ah could git used t' this sort o' teamwork."


Male Keleshite Magus(Kensai Archetype)/5

Blaze grins at him and downs some of his drink as well "I thought you might see things my way"

2,801 to 2,850 of 3,371 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Steel Wolves - Mercenary Campaign Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.