Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Star Wars The Broken Empire

Game Master Shanosuke

Our group of "Heroes" are attempting to aid The Emperor's Daughter Mirianna Palpetine in rebuilding the broken empire to it's former glory.


751 to 800 of 2,840 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Zaelos is silent for a while, digesting the fruits of the research discovered by Nichos and Karval. He finds his thoughts drifting from images of battle hardened soldiers hacking through young Jedi warriors like a scythe through wheat. Shaking his head to clear the images from his mind, he nods to the General. "Yes, as Nichos says more pieces of the puzzle have been revealed to us. Now in exchange for this information..." He pauses briefly as if in thought, even though he knew exactly what he wanted. "I believe the research on the concentrated forms of bacta would be an adequate exchange."

Knowledge Jedi 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Diplomacy 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


Male Mandolorean Soldier

"Don't forget we are also giving you the entire planet! Without us the loss of life for your landing craft would be much greater. Never-mind that we have allowed you to access this at all." Karval says gruffly. "We deserve more than just that. They get a planet and access to all the information and we only get a third? Is that the fairness of the rebellion?

His abrasive manner doesn't help with the negotiation at all.

Diplomacy (aid) 1d20 ⇒ 2


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

"Easy now. I am sure we will get due compensation from others as appropriate. The Alliance can't just be giving out everything to complete strangers, now can they? That would be unwise, and while I have my doubts about some of their policies, they are clearly capable of understanding long term strategy. If our employer requires access to the other tech, that can be dealt with in the future. For now, we have what we came for, and a little bit more besides. No point in pushing our luck."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval looks doubtful, he believes they will be swindled by the rebellion. However at Nichos words he alters his attention stance to be slightly more conciliatory. "I only thought it just." the Mandoloreans sense of honour rears it's head, but he doesn't want to rock the boat. Especially since he has no weapons nearby for reassure him, in fact that is probably the root of his grumpy mood.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

@Nichos The there are many purges or major deletions in the files. A few dating a ways back before the rebel spy was planted. He does mention several researchers who were shipped out in secrecy and never heard from again and all files of their research is gone. One does stand out. Cloning. Apparently one group that was shipped out just shortly after the spy had arrived had been researching the Kaminoines cloning techniques and were attempting to replicate technology for the empire so the Kaminoines wouldn't be needed. Their work had supposedly seen its first breakthrough when they were drafted into the imperial army and shipped out to who knows where. Other than that, nothing more stands out but you are able to align purge spaces to certain dates in the spy's logs. This spy was quite thorough and good with the exception that he was unable to acquire any samples of research. However, he stayed undetected for over six years and kept ALL his logs free of the purging. That alone speaks volume of the man's skill but also to the thoroughness of the security.

The General seems surprised by your reasoning and nods after considering your words. "The alliance is just that, an alliance of mutual benefits. I may not be a politician but I do see the need for resources and a clean takeover. I cannot quite reason it but I do feel as though I can trust you. Feel free to take a copy of all the data to your employer." Nice job on the diplomacy, such skill shall be rewarded.

The General waits as you copy all the files to your datapads. Once you are finished he then speaks. "Now you have your main wants. Time for ours. You said the Ammerillans will aid us in seizing the government here with minimal bloodshed right. Is this to happen when our fleet arrives or now? I am anxious to here how this will play out."

Go ahead guys, impress the man.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

"That is a bit tricky for us to answer, as it involves details that the Ammerillians are planning, not us specifically, but I can lay out the general outline, and you can get the details from the family later. It will not be an immediate thing, as the Moff still stands in the way of that. However, the Ammerillians apparently have the ability to discredit the Moff, though the precise means I am not sure of, not being fully attuned to the local politics and gossip. At any rate, with the Moff discredited, when the Alliance fleet gets here, they should find a power vacuum that they can step into, and with the help of the Ammerillians, convincing the general populace should not be difficult at all. Any more details than that, you will have to ask them, as they are in charge of planning that portion of the plan. While I know enough to do my job, I did not ask and was not told the details of the other components of the plan. I'm sure you are familiar with such limits, being in the military and all. Our task in the greater plan was to confirm that the plan was not pointless before it even began; when it wasn't clear how the overture would be accepted, it's impossible to plan for a full briefing."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval nods in agreement; taking a step beside Nichos. "Exactly, I believe there was some talks of withdrawing part of their troops and blockade before your ships got here. So as to facilitate the smooth transfer without blaster-fire."

Diplomacy (aid): 1d20 ⇒ 6


Zaelos moves to the other side of Nichos, his voice quiet yet penetrating. "That indeed has been the purpose of all of our efforts here, to arrange a bloodless transfer of power. Much blood has been shed with the great conflict between the Rebellion and the Empire and it does great damage to the galaxy. Damage that may not be seen or felt immediately, but it is there as surely as a gaping wound. We seek to prevent that."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Both Martian Level 20 invader

The general seems unconvinced. "That is awefully vague and not enough to go on, you cracked the codes on these modules and we have allowed you to have a full copy of the data. The imperials on this planet want that data, it is the only reason they have not simply bombed this lab into dust. They hope to find this. If you leave with it, there is a risk you could hand it over, then we have no hostage to keep them from wiping us out. I have trusted you this much but I need a bit more insurance. I want you to contact the Ammerillans and have them tell us their plan. We can give you our communication equipment which is capable of interstellar communication. You are not leaving here unless we get to leave also, or you can provide some solid evidence that my letting you go will not jepordize the lives of me and my people. It is clear by the now prepared soldiers in the room that resistance is not an option. You have not been permitted your weapons and you are outnumber 3 to 1 in the current room. At minimum 200 to 1 in the whole facility.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Nichos just quietly sighed before responding, but otherwise remains quite unflustered by the general's words. "If that is what you are concerned about, you should have simply said so. Really, business is much easier to conduct when you put all the relevent information out there so that all can work with it. Had I known of your concern initially, I would have already contacted them. Where is your equipment so we can take care of that bit?" He will promptly type out a message, General [name here] would like confirmation of the plan before our departure, show it to the general, and send it via their equipment using the pre established codes and protocols. "Now then, is there a more comfortable place to sit and rest while we wait for the response? It might help calm everyone's nerves more than simply waiting here." Inwardly, he truly has difficulty understanding why these people insisted on such hostility toward each other when there were far greater enemies to deal with elsewhere.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval smiles to himself, so they feared him! It was a sensation that he was used to. From the gladiatorial pits to the dark back-streets of Nar-Shadaa, people knew to avoid de Longinous' ire. The odds were against him, but that would make any victory all the sweeter - or his death the more heroic.

"Well how long before your ships get here?" he asks with a shake of his head. "No, I don't mean exactly. Not revealing military intelligence, but if you fear us leaving with the secrets - well I suppose we could stay in your hospitality for a couple of days?" He looks to the others, making it obvious that he is not in charge.

Nichos suggestion prompts a slight nod. For although he would take little comfort at least it would ease the tensions and stop any accidental shootings amongst these bunch of miscreants.


Zaelos nods in agreement with his bodyguard. "I am in no hurry at the moment. Should you require additional reassurances, rest assured we can provide that to you." There is a subtle undercurrent of mocking in his tone, as if the General did not realize he was a prisoner of destiny as were they all.

This one still has not accepted our trust, and has imprisoned himself with his fear. Very well, if he insists on holding us prisoner or killing us, we have at least fulfilled our duty. Mirianna would accept this of us.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Sitting with the communication station you eventually get a response from the Ammerillans. A live holographic image of the representative appears. "I almost didn't respond to this channel as it was unfamiliar but giving the circumstances I took it in good faith it might be you. What is it you need from us?"

To the question of when the fleet is to arrives is answered by the general. "The main fleet will arrive in due time. There are still a few days left."


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval snaps to attension as the diplomat appears upon the screen; "De Longinous reporting. We, or the rebels would like a time-scale upon the pulling out of your troops? They don't trust us, thus we might stay here a few days until their barges arrive. If we can facilitate a clear transfer then the sooner the people of the planet can be properly ruled." Karval says with a very subtle undercurrent that it's not the rebels doing that.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

"The good general wanted details of your end of the upcoming operation that we were unable to provide, and apparently does not trust our or your intentions entirely. If you would be willing to speak with him, it would allow for a smoother and faster conversation than it would be with us in the middle."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

The General Approaches the station. "Well buddy, let's hear it."
The representative sighs. "The plan is this. We are going to use our resources and connections to pay off most of the military on the planet and move them to an undisclosed location off world. They will not be a problem for you after that. Over throwing the moff will only work if a member of our family takes over. Otherwise the deposition of this man will have to be done by your Mothma supporters. All we can offer in that event is a high reduction of imperial forces when you arrive so if a violent take over is necessary then you won't have too much resistance. Also,we can secure your current groups relocation to a safer and more secret location. All we ask in return is a hand in politics and the freedom to continue as we have. We will discuss it further with the Mothmas over the next few days as well. It will take some time to move forces around. Two days minimum and then we will contact you and direct you from there. You should be able to monitor the blockades movements from your current location. You will see a sharp decline in their numbers over the next couple of days. Again, we will contact you when it is safe to move. For now, you and the other team we sent will just have to hang tight for the next couple of days while we finish things on our end."

The general seems satisfied to see what happens for now and again will require the four of you to stay on and evacuate with the rest of the rebel forces when the time comes.

You have a couple of days to kill. I'd like a summery of how you are spending your time for three days. If you need to talk more important details with the Ammerillans or the General, then feel free to do so. We will move on once everyone is satisfied.


Zaelos will spend his time talking with some of the Rebel soldiers, mostly idle chit-chat and othe minor manners. He is trying to form additional Contacts for Favors. He will also check to library out for any information on Force techniques and other lore. The idea here is to lay the foundation for him to pick up levels in the Jedi Counselor class, eventually.

Finally, and this goes without saying, he will dream of Yallie and hope he can see her again soon.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Despite the frantic pace of the last few days, Nichos does little to slow down. Between offering basic lessons on stealth to Karval, and anybody else interested in them, and starting to think out a plan for the next phase of the operation once they leave here, he keeps busy, and manages to avoid the discussion of politics, which is really the only topic he will not discuss with these folks. Overall, he is actually reasonably friendly, or at least as friendly as he usually is with people who aren't close acquaintances. He does not dislike or hate the Alliance; he just thinks their political aims are doomed to failure, and that the sooner they accept that some kind of imperial rule is inevitable, the sooner the order of the universe can be restored. He also understands that until they reach this conclusion themselves, it's a worthless argument to have.

Knowledge (bureaucracy) to determine best way to approach getting access to the next lab, using his datapad and his own personal experience
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14+2(datapad)+whatever bonus, if any, from personal experience


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval spends the mornings in training, practising keeping his physical fitness to their peak. Whilst he checks out the military defences not really looking for weaknesses just really keeping his brain sharp. After a brief chow break he practices with his data-pad and stealth under Nichos expert tutelage.

His intensely private persona, is tinged with wanting to learn about these people. Although generally he keeps to himself on an evening he meets up with a couple of the lower ranked soldiers he has a game of cards and a few swigs of the poorly brewed grog. Whilst doing this he is liberal with some of the remaining credits and friendly despite his gruff personality. Subtly he tries to find out why they fight for the rebels. Karval just wants to softly feel out their motivation whilst making acquaintances and improving his diplomacy.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

As you all spend the next few days hanging out in the rebel fortification. There are quite a few of them in here and they are very well entrenched. The general runs around barking orders to keep the patrols tight but to make sure that things are ready to move as soon as an opening presents itself in the imperial line.

You get to know a few of the lower ranked operative. You find out that they are mostly from Chandrila and have fought for years against the "Oppression" of the empire. Their take is that the Emperor and Darth Vader were evil and cruel and were responsible for numerous crimes throughout the galaxy. The Mothmas and the Organas were among the first important figures to rebel. For that, the empire destroyed Alderaan with their death star. Knowledge tech, or bureaucracy to see what you know about this death star. Many say it was the destruction of the this death star that fueled the rebellion into high gear and really got the war good and going.

From what you can garner from the rebels files and what they allow you to look through, they are an extremely tactical group whose size and strength is unmeasurable. Their greatest resources are not in tech, but people. So many gifted and dedicated individuals willing to lay down their lives for a misguided cause. No wonder they were such a thorn in the empires side for so many years. It is also no longer surprising they defeated the empire. A group this tenacious and skilled is easily underestimated and they know how to take advantage.

During your stay you get another demonstration of their skill and organization and an imperial infiltration team attempts to breach the facility and fails. They really didn't last long. You guys only learn of the attack once the General questions you about it. Since your lack of knowledge on the subject as well as a few friendly alibis are enough to prove your innocents, the General explains the based is littered with motion sensors and is strongly monitored. They know where all the roaches in the base hang out.

After the third day is coming to a close, you get contact from the Ammerillans. "Okay, your good to go. Pack your things and make for the way you came in. Much of the blockade is spread thin due to desertion on the imperials side. Many soldiers and ships have left the planet already. The group in the east quadrant of the blockade is the last of our influence. Once they abandon their post, there will be a two hour window before the other forces attempt to close the breach."

The general begins to order his men around to gather everything of importance and to destroy whats left of the labs. You and your team don't need to wait around. The proof is in the pudding, throughout the past three days you all have been stuck here, you have monitored the ever thinning blockade. Even if the Ammerillans are lying, the blockade is thin enough that these resourceful rebels would still be able to punch though.

That said, you all are free to leave ahead of the group and return to your safe house if you choose. You got your info. You do not need anything else from either the rebels or the Ammerillans.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval bids a farewell to his new soldier friends, in a gruff but well-meaning manner; having learnt a few new ways to bluff a good hand as well as gain an appreciation for the rebels - if not their philosophy but at least their actions. Although he is slightly surprised at the scope of their operations; it might be that Empress Palpatine will have to carve out her own Empire rather than controllingthe Galaxy.

The Mandolorean gives a respectful salute to the General as they move to leave going back to the safe house. "Bet you'll be glad to see Yallie!"

Karval has none of the knowledges; That sentence above is probably all he knows about the Death Star.


Knowledge Beauracracy 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Zaelos at first does not respond to his bodyguards comment. As he turns to face th soldier, Karval gets the impression of a man conflicted. "That is an understatement, friend. It has been all I can manage to contain my feelings for her. She invades my heart, my thoughts, my..." He breaks off suddenly, realizing he sounds like a foolish young child.

I know soon we must part, Yallie, as duty will send me away from this planet...Dare I hope you would accompany me? I fear what your answer would be should I pose the question.

As the group returns to the safe house, Zaelos is quiet, a troubled look on his face.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Knowledge (bureacracy) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Nichos apparently knows a lot about this death star

Nichos can't help but suppress a wince at the mention of the death stars. The beginning of the end for the Emperor's dream, where he abandoned his up to that point successful plan, and went off the deep end with his power lust. A foolish project all around. In fact, he doesn't say anything out loud, but he can't help but agree with the rebels on most things concerning Palpatine. The man had admirable vision, but zero constraint once he had the power he had been so patient in acquiring. His daughter would have to do much better if she was to succeed, and probably tolerate the Alliance until she could win back the hearts and minds of most of these people, or at least neutralize the hate against her father.

As he left the lab, his mind was already thinking ahead to Chiss territory, and the challenges that lay ahead there. While neither particularly liked or disliked by his own people, he also found himself a bit uncomfortable around them, and tended to prefer dealing with others. Less background static to potentially get in the way, and, despite the headaches of having to explain the obvious all the time, easier to deal with in general. Still, he had business to do, and was not entirely without resources to do so there, so he could only plan as much as possible and hope for the best.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval puts an arm around his friends shoulder as they leave; "That's a good thing provided you are assured of her feelings. And you don't let her distract you too much."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

You all return to the safehouse to find the team packing up their gear. Derrek looks at you as you enter. Good, your back. We've been given orders to ship out. Commander Tavoes has stated Chandrila to be a hot zone really soon. He looks to set up a spy network but the rebels are more thorough than Moff Saeraden. Tavoes predicts, that the power struggle on Chandrila has compromised its ability to even hold a substantial resistance against the incoming rebel fleet. Tavoes predicts that the planet will be under the alliance's complete control within a few standard days. We need to be gone before the fleet arrives. So pack your things and return to base," Derrek proceeds to pack.

You only see three members of the team. Yallie and Romm are not present. According to Derrek, they are securing their vessel and the rest of the team will be joining them soon. So he recommends you guys pack up and contact Tavoes soon about where to meet up with the imperial fleet or go on to your next mission.


Zaelos finishes stowing his gear in preparation for the trip back to the spaceport and the Insert name here. Have we ever come up for a name for our ship, or does she already have one?

As the others get ready to leave, he says to Nichos, "What is your opinion on what our next move should be? I do not believe it is necessary to regroup with the fleet right away."

After a moment of talking with his Chiss teammate, he excuses himself. "I...I need to say goodbye to...someone." It is clear to everyone who that someone is.

Once he finds out from Derek where the other vessel is docked, he will seek out Yallie.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval is quiet as he efficently gets together all his belongings getting ready to ship out. There is some sadness and disomfort as he watches Zaleos leave; he knows that his friend is to be disappointed. That there is nothing he can do to protect him....

Deep in Karval lies the soul of a poet, however he would never let anyone get there easily. He shakes his head slightly trying to get rid of his sorrow for his friend - that wouldn't be needed where they were going.

"Nichos, you said something about visiting the Chiss homeworld, that was one of the places where Cortel did his work?" Karval asks trying to remember.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Derrek shakes his head. "Our ship is actually in another town. We did that so it wouldn't be easy to trace back to us. We have to take a shuttle to get there and it will take a couple of hours. We're shoving off as soon as we reach port. Yallie's the co pilot and already waiting for us. You best get to your own ship and set off. You can see the girl when we regroup or you can chat by comm but the time is over for personal visits." Derrek packs the last of the gear and follows the other two spies out of the room. They are heading for the port.

They don't stop you from following if you choose to do so as they have no real authority over you. Derrek is just a gruff individual but is not going to stop you if you really want to see her. The trip will take 5 hours round trip. Plus how long you spend at the port.


Ahh OK, then Zaelos would just return to the team's ship. He is not ready to risk spending any more time on Chandrilla, plus this is a perfect excuse to delay the inevitable...;)


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Nichos sighs quietly as he watches Zaleos, but likewise does little to interfere with the man's thought process. He himself had never had the misfortune of falling in love, but he had seen enough that had to know that letting it play out was often the best, if often the most painful, way of dealing with it. "Chiss territory at least. Assuming we don't get any other orders after we file our report about events here when we regroup with the fleet, that does seem to be our next destination."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Back from the event and time to move this along.
You all board up and leave Chandrila behind. After you are space bound, you contact Tavoes. His hologram appears on the console. "Good to see you have completed your mission. What have you found?"

There is a message waiting for Zaleos.

Note for Zaleos:

The lovely image of Yallie appears."Hey there Zal. Just wanted to say you and your team did a great job back there. Sorry we didn't get to say good bye proper so I figured I drop you this note. I really hope we get a chance to..."see" one another again. You seem a charming fellow and I'd like the opportunity to know you better when we're not working. We will likely be on a new mission once we get back, so seeing each other will be slim. However, I've encoded a secure com channel into your ship so you can send me messages like this one. Because of the nature of our missions, we won't be able to talk directly but this is a good way to stay in touch. Drop me a line sometime handsome and keep fighting for the same side and I am sure we'll be fine. Good Luck and may the Force be with you." She winks and the image fades out.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Responding to Tavoes, "First, that local politics is a bit annoying at times, though I think we navigated those waters quite well, all things considered. Two, never let two noble families mix personal disputes with politics, especially local politics; it's just bad for everyone. Three, fighting the rebellion is stupid when they are so easy to talk down as long as you avoid mentioning Emperor Palpatine. I strongly recommend leaving them to themselves; they will eventually break down and snipe each other until their grand alliance is no more, and until then, they can catch a fair bit of flak that the Empress can ill afford to take right now. Fourth, Adam Cortel, his cronies, and his work was transferred to another secret lab in Chiss space well before trouble reached Chandrilla, and their notes here were purged from the system. Oh, and we got a few cool new toys for our scientists to play with and finish."


Zaelos disconnects the comm channel after replaying the message a half-dozen times. He sits for a while alone before composing his reply message.

Return Message:
Zaelos's face appears, "Yallie...I am happy to hear you believe I am....uhhh charming...uhh..." There is a break before the message resumes, "Sorry about that Yallie. I would LOVE to see you again once our mission has completed. I hope the Empress will give us time off to see each other, but for now I will send you messages when I can." His face breaks out in a smile, "I am looking forward to seeing you again, Yallie. Please take care of yourself, and may the Force be with you!"

When the other team members see him, he is walking with an extra bounce in his step, and a happy smile on his face.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Tavoes nods. "Interesting. Never suspected you four would be so good at subtly. Seems the lady was right about you after all. Send the data you have collected."

You spend some time uploading the data you collected to Tavoes. After some time he returns. "Given how well you handled this last assignment, we would like you to head to Chiss space and find this laboratory. We Have some allies in that area on a space station known as Danaten Station. I will inform them you are coming. They are members of the Imperial Chiss division who believe succession through heritage and therefore support Mirianna's claim. You are looking for a red haired Chiss female named Commander Lilica Yalson. She heads the group on the station. She will provide you with a base of operations from which you can begin your search for the place Tavoes may have been sent to. We find it, we may find many key resources and even Cortel himself, or at least his final whereabouts. Since you seem to think the alliance is of little threat, this makes dealing with Cortel all the more important. Also, judging by these schematics of the researches you have recovered, we believe we can get a supply of one of these to you at Danaten in a few days give or take. Which would you prefer us to send you?"


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval nods. "Glad to be of service, to the Empire, to you and to the Lady."

'Subtly, a word not often associated with me, without the prefix 'he's got no-'' Karval thinks proud of the praise, even if he knows it is the others doing more than his.

He has been calm and serene throughout the debriefing and flight. "The Bacta spray would be very useful, I believe. Despite my efforts I am not the best field medic!" his words hold a self-deprecating gruff charm.

"I would not say that the Alliance is of little threat, just that it can be broken with the right amount of pressure....at the right points." His words hold a low threat, not that the rebels impressed him. However, still he'd rather it be sorted with words and let the warriors have honourable fights and the politician have their verbal fights.


Zaelos nods in agreement. "Yes, the Bacta would be most useful especially if Cortel set guards or other nasty surprises for anyone who is following up on his research."


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3
Karval de Longinous wrote:
"I would not say that the Alliance is of little threat, just that it can be broken with the right amount of pressure....at the right points."

"Precisely, Karval. They are still a strong danger, but they are a battle best left to diplomats, not soldiers. It is held together by a common external foe, originally the old emperor, now their quest to destroy any remnant of said emperor. Obviously, they must be kept in check in their pursuit of that goal. If, however, that is all that is done, and no more, than the Alliance leadership will have a severe problem on it's hand. Once it's members realize that the Empress is not out to destroy them, they will lose much of their cohesion, and return to the infighting that destroyed their original senate in the first place. In any case, as a rebellion they have been successful; but a rebellion requires an active enemy, and their transition from a rebellion to a free standing political force is what will destroy them, not any external foe. In the meantime, by their actions, they will draw some of the attention from foes like Taintus that would otherwise have been able to focus solely on our employer. Or, they find this new foe to provide the cohesion they need to exist, and the empress has a strong ally. Either way, the empress wins that conflict by avoiding it as much as possible while still ensuring her core goals are accomplished. Much like on Chandrilla, most of the potential battlefields can either be circumvented or twisted in such a way as to give the Empress a long term strategic advantage without the use of military force. Diplomacy is a weapon they know well; it is time to see how prepared they are to defend against it." That bit of belief off of his chest, Nichos stops for a second before continuing.

"I agree with Karval on the tech. The concentrated bacta would be most useful overall at present. The helmet, while nice, is not an absolute requirement, and if we find ourselves fighting in a vacuum at this point, we are probably already at enough of a disadvantage that a single pill will not be a savior by itself. While immensely useful to others, we are simply not in such environments enough for it to be a pressing concern, or at least have not been up until now, and don't have reason to be in the foreseeable future."

"I am finishing up the report now, and will send it off as soon as I finish off a few details learned while relaxing amongst the Alliance, as to what beliefs seem to hold them together."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Tavoes nods and crosses his arms. "It has recently come to our attention that the rebel alliance's self proclaimed jedi knight Commander Luke Skywalker is currently hunting our lady. The Rebels have recognized that the lady is a possible threat and have sent the jedi on a quest to eliminate her the same as he did the emperor and Darth Vader. If the reports of anti jedi weapons turn out to be true, they will go a long way in helping us set up a defense. I must stress the importance of your mission. This Skywalker is a dangerous man if he was able to infiltrate the Emperor's battle station by himself and slay both him and his apprentice and leave alive before the station was destroyed. The Emperor had five times the fleet we do now. We are counting on you. I am counting on you. We will have the bacta sent to you as soon as is completed but you must head out for Danata Station at once."


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval's blood chills and his tanned visage pales; "This Skywalker, he wants to kill Lady Palpatine... I will redouble my efforts, we will find everything we can about Cortel and his weaponry."

"Do you need us to hunt him down instead?" Karval asks; "No, no you are correct. This is the best course of action." he salutes; as he did in the arena.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Nichos frowns as he listens, but refrains from saying anything. "I am already working on plans, and was planning on further refinement as we traveled. I wouldn't worry about the number of ships available when it comes to protecting our lady. As you pointed out, they could not protect the emperor, and they will not, by themselves protect the lady. Your better precaution is proper bodyguards trained in the force. Again, as with the rebellion as a whole, maintaining a strong defense is more important than a strong offense. We can only hope that this Skywalker is a semi reasonable man, and can be made to see that our lady is only as dangerous to the rebellion as they make her be. Our actions here may help in that regard at least a little, as the Mothmas will have less need to put immediate pressure on him. The report is finished, and sent. I look forward to providing another similarly positive report soon." With that, Nichos, who has, as usual, been messing with his datapad the entire conversation, gives a final nod to Taveos before giving all of his attention to the latest orders and intel. He spends the remainder of the trip once more doing research and trying to firm up at least the basic outline of how to proceed.

Knowledge (bureaucracy) on Lilica Yalson 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Computer Use to download information on Lilica Yalson 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
Computer Use to download information on Danaten Station 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
Computer Use to download information on Batseren 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Computer Use to download information on the current political state of Chiss space in general, and key local places, such as Batseren, Danaten Station, and any other notable places he digs up in his research, in particular 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21

I swear this dice roller hates me; I can't even reach the average on that many rolls.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

LOL! Your lucky your comp use is so high or you might've received nothing. Lucky for you, general info is pegged at DC 10, informative is DC 15, Thorough is DC 20, minute details or rare info is DC25, Hidden or classified is DC35 and higher. This is the system I put together for acquiring knowledge and information. Just to give you an idea on what scores your looking for. I'll send you a PM with the info in a bit.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

"Is the force that strong that the bodyguards need to be trained in it?" Karval muses out loud, knowing how much he wants to ensure the New Empire brings stability and make sure that the beautiful Empresses body is protected.

"Could what we find in Cortels research negate the entire need? Or would it be best in the hands of a force-user." he is quite wary of the influence of this intangible religious force has upon the universe.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

DM:
On a whim, Nichos looks more closely at Malakai. If nothing else, it could be a useful bargaining chip, but he wants to know why they are fighting over such a remote place. It may end up be important to their own mission.

Computer Use 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
Computer Use (lucky) 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32


Both Martian Level 20 invader

One of you steers the ship into gear and begins to set course for the Danaten Station. The conversation between Nichos and Tavoes continues. "Force wielding bodyguards would be nice, though the only one who can train them is the lady. Otherwise, if any of these anti jedi researches end up being true, then that might be easier to deal with than training new soldiers from scratch. At any rate, the success of your mission is foremost important. Do you have any other questions?"


Male Mandolorean Soldier

"Nope, find Commander Yalson, then find Cortels old base of operations. This will allow us to get more information. Sir, crystal clear, sir!" Karval says promptly.


"Karval has succinctly stated our goals, as always." Zaelos replies, "I have no questions, sir."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Working on the new recruitment thread.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

As the trip progresses, Nichos remains buried in his datapad, and the only hint the others get of his findings is the occasional curse, which is very rare for him, and the occasional comment, "I hope you enjoyed the warmup; we're about to walk into a s&**storm of a mess.", "Ouch, this is going to get ugly," and similar ones along the same vein. He is clearly not happy with the team's prospects.

At one point, he hands Zaleos a datachip, "Here, look this over. This is likely going to be our best point to start our search, and it's going to require an understanding of the force and politics that I neither have nor particularly want. I want to wait until we reach the station before sharing much else, as I'm hoping I can get a clearer picture of the challenge we face, but this is going to be an ugly one. We will be using our guns at some point; the only question is against whom, when, and where."

Malakai:
You find a good deal of information regarding Malakai. The planet is remote and completely untampped of it's natural resources. Primarily it is rich in rare metals and earths but it also has a lot of potential from it's fauna and flora. The planet has little ocean but a fair number of lakes. It is rich in fertile land too. It also has some of the most diverse and exotic wild life, not to mention some of the most dangerous.

From a resource standpoint this planet is valuable enough on it's own. However, there is still more to it. The planet is home to an indigenious humanoid species known as the Malaki. These people are partially primitive. They still live in a tribal society and still live off the land without much technology. This is just the way they prefer it. They understand technology and some have been trained quite well at it, they just prefer hardships.

The people are a warrior people and skilled animal trainers. They believe hard work is not only better for you, but it is a sign of good character and aids in adaptability.

The jedi council had discovered this planet more than a few centuries about and had established a jedi temple on it to train the locals. According to the information, these people had a strong amount of force sensitivity. Similar to Dathomir and Ossus and the Miraluka where they seem to be born with an innate talent for the force.
Further understanding of this significance would require a knowledge jedi roll.

The planet was deemed worthy of preservation and was not mined. The jedi have kept it so until the republic fell and the empire sold the planet to the hutts in return for a cut of the profits. The hutts sent the Trandoshans over to take the world and enslave the populace to work the mines. The creepy part is, you find classified information that proves the empire was the benefactor from the destruction of the environment and the enslavement of the planets people. Not to mention the whole sale slaughter of any resistance, man, woman, and even child. The information you find was set up to make it look like it was all the hutts doing this cruel stuff but it was in fact, and still kind of is, the empire. The leader of the imperial forces on Malakai is man named. General Makabe. A Malakai who betrayed his own and enlisted in the empire. He is now the leader of the imperials on Malakai. It is unclear as to which imperial faction he supports.

This is who the Chiss are fighting. Imperials and Trandoshan.


Zaelos' good mood evaporates as he studies the data provided by Nichos about the planet Malakai.

"I agree with your assessment of the situation Nichos. It seems the Empire has done a fine job...concealing the whole picture from us. As for this General...it looks like whatever we decide, it will not be pretty. Once we arrive at the station, I can make some discreet inquiries and see what else I can learn about his leanings, plus whatever else I can put together."

Knowledge Jedi lore 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Knowledge Politics 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Not much with those rolls...


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval shakes his head slightly; "When don't we use guns, although the best weapon is the mind....and I don't mean the force."

"Back on Nar Shadaa we have a saying; 'The clever hide, the strong fight and the subtle inquire.'. I wonder if I every saw her at one of my bouts. The Chiss enclave at home was quite large." Karval stats plainly.

Knowledge (Nobility) on Lilica Yalson 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

751 to 800 of 2,840 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Star Wars The Broken Empire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.