Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris

Game Master Chris Shannon 719

This will be the Shackled City adventure path using the Pathfinder rule set. However, the existing deities (i.e. St. Cuthbert, Pelor, Wee Jas) will not be converted to similar Golarion gods.


7,651 to 7,700 of 13,605 << first < prev | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | next > last >>

|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Greatsword Power Attack Raging Enlarged AoO: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 283d6 + 17 ⇒ (2, 6, 6) + 17 = 31


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 4, Initiative 24, Location S18->S19

Status:
Atol HP: 37/37
Angel HP: 18/18
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = Bless (4 of 60)
Channel Energy Left: 7/7
Healing Touch: none
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 7/8
Perl of Power Left: first (2 of 2)
Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon
3) Prayer, Invisibility Purge, Resist Energy - communal

Atol takes a 5' step back out of the water and grabs the oil of Daylight from his pack (move). He then douses himself with it, momentarily blinded by the now brightly light room (hopefully).

"Now now my friend, no darkness. That would be unfair, and we all want a fair fight don't we?"

Atol considers threatening him with his cudgel but decides against it for now.

Atol usually has a light spell going either on Finneas somewhere or on his buckler.


Finneas blinks as the kuo-toa moves and just misses him.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 4

If the can of frog meat is still standing, Toffitt moves swiftly into flank, and strikes out. Literally.

Dueling blade 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 14 + 2 = 18
1d8 + 3 + 3d6 ⇒ (2) + 3 + (4, 3, 2) = 14


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 4

Status:

HP = 58/75
AC = 22/9/22
Weapon Equipped = Cold Iron Greatsword +1
Speed = 25' (30' unarmored)
Rage/day = 4/7
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +9 melee touch, +6 ranged touch):
2 4/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image
1 7/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Enlarged, Shield, Raging

Finneas squints at the frog, making sure he is still standing.

I thought I hit him.
Fifth: Kord says swing with accuracy and power will follow.
Makes sense.
Male: It does?
Yes.
Female: What fresh hell is this?

Greatsword Raging Enlarged: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 333d6 + 11 ⇒ (3, 5, 1) + 11 = 20
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 153d6 + 11 ⇒ (5, 3, 4) + 11 = 23

Finneas then moves back 5' to allow Glimmil into the fight.


Doctor Abner Svengalu Toffitt wrote:

Round 4

If the can of frog meat is still standing, Toffitt moves swiftly into flank, and strikes out. Literally.

He is. I'm assuming you tumble by on the wall to the dry land (R-17) for the flank? Can I have a roll please? Feel free to roll another '2'. :-)


Finneas focuses on not losing his title of kuo-toa killer and hits the metal covered frog who continues to stand in defiance.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

My sense was that the water is considered difficult terrain? Toffitt has expeditious retreat on. Based on that I planned to put him on the other side of Atol. But if that doesn't work, then: Acrobatics 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Lol@Finn, Round 4. What fresh hell is this?

Round 4

Dyrant will 5' flap higher and give the Frog another angry stare.

This is the will of St. Cuthbert!

(8 rounds/1round on Will save DC 18) Inflict penalties (-2 to AC, attacks, saves, or skills). Choosing -2 on all its attacks.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Oh never mind. I guess Atol backed up. So yes, back onto the ledge...


1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22 vs Dyrant


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

"Hey now! Mister frog, leave Atol alone. You're supposed to face our warriors first! Not our... ummm, wise men?"

Ride over to S,16

Cog attack (bite, power): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Cog damage (bite, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Cog trip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Cog conceal: 1d100 ⇒ 33

Glimmil attack (+1 hammer, power, divine favor): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 2 = 22
Glimmil damage (+1 hammer, power, divine favor): 1d6 + 2 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 4 + 2 = 11
Glim conceal: 1d100 ⇒ 15

Glimmil attack #2 (+1 hammer, power, divine favor): 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 2 = 17
Glimmil damage (+1 hammer, power, divine favor): 1d6 + 2 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 4 + 2 = 13
Glim conceal: 1d100 ⇒ 23


The kuo-toa takes a 5' swim to S-18 and closes the door. He then casts a spell and the water level rises to the ceiling in all three rooms on this side of the doors. Yes. They're locked. Only cost him 89 damage.

1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32 concentration check.

Party is up for Round 5. No map. On the phone.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 5, Init 19

Toffitt snaps his mouth shut and his metabolism slows (no need to breathe for 12 minutes). Having been plunged back into darkness, he swings out into the square where he last saw the kuo-toa, attempting to distract their foe so that Finneas can go in for the kill.

Aid attack 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 14 - 4 = 24
Miss chance low bad 1d100 ⇒ 35

Worthless this fight...


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 5, Initiative 24, Location S19

Status:
Atol HP: 37/37
Angel HP: 18/18
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = Bless (5 of 60), Daylight (2 of 500)
Channel Energy Left: 7/7
Healing Touch: none
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 7/8
Perl of Power Left: first (2 of 2)
Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon
3) Prayer, Invisibility Purge, Resist Energy - communal

Atol watches the door slam in his face and is left alone with his thoughts. As the sound echoes through the large chamber he's in, he nervously looks around for any flying Devils...

St. Cuthbert preserve me!

He immediately tries the door to see if it's locked. Finding it so, he gives himself the strength surge of St. Cuthbert* (standard). He then lowers his shoulder and tries to beat down the door (move ?).

Strength Check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

*Strength Surge(sp): +3 to any strength related task for the next round (attack, damage, CMB/D, etc.)


New Map


Underwater Combat modifiers


Atol pushes against the door (which did open inward), but between it's solid construction and the water pushing against it, Atol soon discovers it is beyond his abilities.

It's a standard to try and break down the door, but it won't matter for Atol.

Atol isn't really worried though. The kuo-toa only struck Finneas once and Finneas, Glimmil, Cog and Toffitt can surely finish off one kuo-toa, even if he is wearing armor. It will be just a few moments before the door opens again and Cog comes out wagging his tail.


And the drowning rules:
Any character can hold her breath for a number of rounds equal to twice her Constitution score. If a character takes a standard or full-round action, the remaining duration that the character can hold her breath is reduced by 1 round. After this period of time, the character must make a DC 10 Constitution check every round in order to continue holding her breath. Each round, the DC increases by 1.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)
GM_Chris wrote:
Atol isn't really worried though. The kuo-toa only struck Finneas once and Finneas, Glimmil, Cog and Toffitt can surely finish off one kuo-toa, even if he is wearing armor.

Famous last words if they were uttered by Finneas et al!

Atol frets.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 5

Status:

HP = 58/75
AC = 22/9/22
Weapon Equipped = Cold Iron Greatsword +1
Speed = 25' (30' unarmored)
Rage/day = 3/7
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +9 melee touch, +6 ranged touch):
2 4/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image
1 7/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Enlarged, Shield, Raging

Rounds to Drown 36/36 (Raging)

Finneas holds his breath and swings at the frog of evilness.

Greatsword Raging Enlarged Underwater: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 203d6 + 11 ⇒ (3, 3, 5) + 11 = 22

Includes -2 for Underwater but nothing for the wall as cover. 11 damage if that somehow hits.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 5

Dyrant sighs verbally, sending bubbles of air up.

Dyrant will fly/swim behind G/C in S16, using the the armored forms of Glim and Finn for cover.

1d20 + 7 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 5 + 2 = 31 Concentration for Dimension Door

Dyrant will ask the angels to move time and space to save Dyrant, Glim, and Cog, transporting them to the other side of the door. (G/C to T19, Dyrant to T20.)

"Glim, get that door open!" Dyrant barks, annoyed.


Just Toffitt and the kuo-toa? Excellent. /evil laugh


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

And one Large angry half-orc.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Nice try, god of the bad guys.

Toffitt tries in vain to figure out what all of the sloshing is around him.

Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19


Glimmil still has an action from Round 5, but I don't think it'll kill the kuo-toa or affect Dyrant's dimension door of Glimmil.

The kuo-toa casts a spell and his wounds heal. I guess Finneas might see that with darkvision in the water.

1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28 - Concentration check I don't think anyone will have moved in to Glimmil's spot (S-17) and actually threaten, but just in case.
4d8 + 8 ⇒ (4, 8, 7, 8) + 8 = 35 Nice rolls. :-)

Party up for Round 6 (Glimmil twice)

Atol = 24 -
Toffitt = 17 -
Glimmil = 16 -
Finneas = 15 -
Dyrant = 12 -
Kuo-toa = 2 -

New Map


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 6, Initiative 24, Location S19

Status:
Atol HP: 37/37
Angel HP: 18/18
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = Bless (6 of 60), Daylight (3 of 500)
Channel Energy Left: 7/7
Healing Touch: none
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 6/8
Perl of Power Left: first (2 of 2)
Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon
3) Prayer, Invisibility Purge, Resist Energy - communal

Knowing nothing about the water, Atol goes for the pick, presumably dropped by Finneas when the fight began over by the alter. (move to get to the pick, move to pick up the pick).

I need to get that door open! My friends can't see!

"Oh my!" Atol is shocked to see Cog, Glimmil, and Dyrant standing in the great hall. He relaxes a bit at the sight of his friends.

"How did you get here? And where are the others? Is the fight already over? That was quick!"


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 6, Init 19

Toffitt drinks his extract of invisibility and swims back a bit in the water (R16).

Swim 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24

Status:

**Mutagen, heroism, expeditious retreat, shield, invisibility

Init +7 Perception +14 Sense Motive +13
AC 27 (15 touch; 22 flat-footed; uncanny dodge; +1 dodge if 2+ adjacent foes)
CMB +7 CMD 22
HP 49/49
Fort +12 Reflex +13 Will +7 (+2 v. enchant)
Weapon Equipped Dueling blade
Shield Equipped none
Mutagen ACTIVE (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 50 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 0 of 5 rounds used
Healing touch 0hp of 30hp used
Elixirs
1 Shield (Glimmil)
- Shield (Finneas)
- Shield ACTIVE
- Cure light wounds
- Expeditious retreat
2 Alchemical allocation USED
- Alchemical allocation USED
- Invisibility ACTIVE
- open slot
Wand of Shield 33 charges
Slippers of spider climbing 0 of 10 min. used


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Going to wait for Glim/Cog. As usual, all our hopes and aspirations rely on the spoons. God bless the spoons.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 6

Status:

HP = 58/75
AC = 22/9/22
Weapon Equipped = Cold Iron Greatsword +1
Speed = 25' (30' unarmored)
Rage/day = 2/7
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +9 melee touch, +6 ranged touch):
2 4/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image
1 7/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Enlarged, Shield, Raging

Finneas moves to attack the Toffitt-Frog before he can heal himself further.

5' step then swing.

Greatsword Raging Enlarged Underwater: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 233d6 + 11 ⇒ (2, 2, 1) + 11 = 16


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt-Frog? Geez. Hey big boy, where did you end your 5' step?


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

S16 through T17


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Round 5

"What? The door? What's this shiny glowing portal go to?" Glimmil wonders, befuddled as he turns towards Dyrant, his hook-hammer paused mid-swing at the evil frog-faced do-badder.

"Oh! Of course! To the rescue, Cog!" Glimmil urges Cog forward through the dimension portal while stowing his hammer. Once on the far side be begins to hunt for the right spoon for the job.

Move action through the portal and stow the hammer, move action to retrieve the thieves tools.

Round 6

With his tongue sticking sideways from his mouth, Glimmil narrows his eyes and concentrates on the door sealing the rest of his friends inside.

Didn't Toffitt win the swimming content in Cauldron or something? He'll be just fine, I'm sure. Hmmm, not the copper spoon. I need the shiny silver bab-spoon for this job!

Disable Device: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

WOOT! A good roll! I'm traveling all day tomorrow - from the crack of dawn until practically midnight, so I won't be able to post until late. Assuming that works and took a standard action, Glimmil would use his move action to open the door.


1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 - Strength check.

Glimmil pushes against the door, but fails to move it. The kuo-toa smirks at Finneas's attempts to swing his greatsword underwater and answers with several quick jabs of his spear (29 damage from 2 hits).

1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33
1d10 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
1d10 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Party up for Round 7. If everyone else goes/delays, I'll roll a strength check for Glimmil. He did unlock the door, now it's just pushing against the water.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 7, Initiative 24, Location S19

Status:
Atol HP: 37/37
Angel HP: 18/18
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = Bless (7 of 60), Daylight (7 of 500)
Channel Energy Left: 7/7
Healing Touch: none
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 5/8
Perl of Power Left: first (2 of 2)
Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon
3) Prayer, Invisibility Purge, Resist Energy - communal

Atol steps up to Glimmil and touches him with the strength surge of St. Cuthbert.

"Go on Glimmil - you can do it!"

*Strength Surge(sp): +3 to any strength related task for the next round (attack, damage, CMB/D, etc.)


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant moves to help Glim push on the door, flying above him.

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8 Strength


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Dyrant, if you still have heroism on I think that applies to your strength check.

Round 7, Init 19

Toffitt attempts to swim through Finneas' space, but finds him there instead. He returns to where he was and gropes his friend in the dark. Finding a pressure point, he jabs a finger in hard. His touch somehow soothes the big mook.

Status:

**Mutagen, heroism, shield, expeditious retreat, invisibility

Init +7 Perception +14 Sense Motive +13
AC 27 (15 touch; 22 flat-footed; uncanny dodge; +1 dodge for crowd control)
CMB +9 CMD 22
HP 49/49
Fort +12 Reflex +13 Will +7 (+2 v. enchant)
Weapon Equipped Dueling blade
Shield Equipped none
Mutagen ACTIVE (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 50 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 0 of 5 rounds used
Healing touch 5hp of 30hp used
Elixirs
1 Shield (Glimmil)
- Shield (Finneas)
- Shield
- Cure light wounds
- Expeditious retreat
2 Alchemical allocation USED
- Alchemical allocation
- Invisibility
- open slot
Wand of Shield 33 charges
Slippers of spider climbing 0 of 10 min. used

Swim 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Healing Touch = +5hp healing to Finneas.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Ooh yeah. Thx.

Dyrant pushes harder, remembering how heroic he is.

Strength 10-2+2 = 10 to aid Glim


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

I'm after Glimmil so as soon as I know the door situation I'll take my final swing against the Doomfrog.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Crickets.

Toffitt floats invisibly in the dark water, feeling for that longest of moments that time has stopped.


[ooc]Darn class this week is actually interesting and engaging. Here's a lunchtime post for Glimmil's strength check.[/ooc
1d20 + 4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 3 + 2 = 23

Glimmil hops off Cog and shoves open the door with Dyrant's help. The water oozes out slowly at first and then quickly empties from the room leaving the water level back at waist level. Glimmil pulls out his hammer to provide the flank to Finneas.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 7

Status:

HP = 34/75
AC = 22/9/22
Weapon Equipped = Cold Iron Greatsword +1
Speed = 25' (30' unarmored)
Rage/day = 1/7
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +9 melee touch, +6 ranged touch):
2 4/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image
1 7/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Enlarged, Shield, Raging

Last chance, make it count.

Greatsword Raging Enlarged Flanking: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 323d6 + 11 ⇒ (2, 1, 6) + 11 = 20


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Back to semi-normal life again. Awesome that Chris made the roll, since I'm not sure I would've...

"Ok! The door's open! Quick!" Glimmil shouts, with a strangely chipper demeanor as the water rushes in past him and Cog and he struggles to stay in place.


Finneas slashes the kuo-toa who smirks again and croaks loudly at him.

Kuo-toan:
"Your head will be spiked on the steps as a warning to all others!"

The kuo-toa smites Finneas and stabs him twice in the chest with his spear. Finneas drops into the bloody water. The kuo-toa turns to Glimmil and stabs at him, but misses. The kuo-toa then takes a 5' step back into the room.

1d20 + 19 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 19 + 4 = 42 - at Finneas
1d10 + 10 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 8 = 24 damage
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26 - at Finneas
1d10 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 damage fortunately cleric smite only goes on one attack and he's saving them for others
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 - At Glimmil

Party up for round 8 (5:48 since the party entered the statue room)
Atol = 24 -
Toffitt = 17 -
Dyrant = 12 -
Glimmil = 11 -
Finneas = 10 -
Kuo-toa = 2 -

New Map


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Chris, would you allow a heal check to give Toffitt a snap sense of whether that was a killing blow (it was, as far as I know)? In the heat of combat, he'd want to make a snap decision.If so:

Heal DC 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18

Also, how high is the ceiling on the ledge?


Another raging death? Argh. Didn't account for that. In that case at -24, it would be obvious..


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 8, Initiative 24, Location R20

Status:
Atol HP: 37/37
Angel HP: 18/18
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = Bless (8 of 60), Daylight (6 of 500)
Channel Energy Left: 7/7
Healing Touch: none
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 5/8
Perl of Power Left: first (2 of 2)
Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon
3) Invisibility Purge, Resist Energy - communal

I was next to Glimmil by the door so I put myself at R20, hope that's OK. I can't wait for Breath of Life...

Seeing the mighty Finneas fall again, Atol hesitates in sorrow.

Girding his loins for the ongoing fight he casts Prayer so as to aid the righteous and harm the, the er, un-righteous!!


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 8, Init Nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nineteen {>S16}

Toffitt climbs up five feet and around the wall, ending a bit out of the water behind the kuo-toa. He lets lycanthropic rage course through his body and waits for Glimmil to enter melee. Double handing his blade, he lashes out.

Status:

**Mutagen, heroism, shield, expeditious retreat, invisibility, controlled rage +4 Dex

Init +7 Perception +14 Sense Motive +13
AC 29 (17 touch; 22 flat-footed; uncanny dodge; +1 dodge for crowd control)
CMB +9 CMD 24
HP 49/49
Fort +12 Reflex +15 Will +7 (+2 v. enchant)
Weapon Equipped Dueling blade
Shield Equipped none
Mutagen ACTIVE (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 50 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 1 of 5 rounds used ACTIVE +4 Dex
Healing touch 5hp of 30hp used
Elixirs
1 Shield (Glimmil)
- Shield (Finneas) USED?
- Shield USED
- Cure light wounds
- Expeditious retreat
2 Alchemical allocation USED
- Alchemical allocation USED
- Invisibility USED
- open slot
Wand of Shield 33 charges
Slippers of spider climbing 0 of 10 min. used

Dueling blade 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 16 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 26 invisible +2, flank +2, kuo-toa is flatfooted (?), prayer
1d8 + 4 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 + (5, 3, 3) = 22

Undercommon:
"Die, godsdamned son of a slaad!"


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 8, Init 12

"Get him, Glim!"

Dyrant will encourage the gnome to strike hard while he can and give the FishFrog another stare.

(8 rounds/1round on Will save DC 18) Inflict penalties (-2 to AC, attacks, saves, or skills). Choosing -2 on all its AC.

Dyrant will fly to V24.

Aralynn will float up in the water room, well out of combat, looking for a chance to help.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

sigh. Yes, another raging death. I should've stepped back to heal instead but apparently I'm just one round late again. I should've just stepped back period after I hit him.

7,651 to 7,700 of 13,605 << first < prev | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.