Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread

Game Master nightflier

Set in the grim world of Aryth, Nightflier's Midnight is a game that speaks of almost futile hope that shines against the darkness.


1,701 to 1,750 of 6,403 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>

Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5
nightflier wrote:
"Ah... Where was I? Yes... Price... Yes. Akhm... Well, if you want to pass then you must pay the price, you know. I'm afraid that is the nature of those things. Price, yes... For me to call on you one time in your lives and you to answer. Yes... That is the price of passage."

Sneakiness is no match for Tremorsense. :(

Sorok grunts in frustration, obviously impatient.
If that's what needs to be done then fine. I accept your price then Guardian. As Mother Moon and Father Sun rise, call and I will answer. Now let us through!


Solvistania gazes up at the guardians face, and on hearing the price of the passage, thinks This is how the spirits work, always attaching strings to their services. Would that I have no more strings on me.. She simply nods once in agreement to his price of passage.

Cheliax

"Strange, one should think, that those most tainted by Shadow are the first to accept... Mkhmm... pass you two..."


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Ragnar nods to the guardian. "Done" he say, but waits for the others before venturing forth.


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

"Absolutely"


Raven Spiritual Channeler 5

"You ain't gonna get no hold on me, Stoney." Muni says with uncharacteristic gravity. "I'm a Watcher of Meruros. I got responsibilities, and I ain't subject to yer rules."


"I can do that."


male halfling rogue 1

"Okay, sure. If I live that long."


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

Damn post-eater...

While the others chat the stone spirit, Gilian keeps looking for the tracks they had seen before entering the grove. Are they still going that way?

Survival 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Eventually, as she hears the others have all accepted the stone spirit demands without bargaining, she frowns and come to face it.

"Tell me, stone-brother, what is your name so we can bargain in good faith. Mine is Gilian. I agree to your price if that's what we need to go through. But on three conditions: I will not come if you become tainted by the Shadow, if you make me do its work or if you want me to kill innocents, who ever they are. Can we agree on these conditions?"


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5
nightflier wrote:
"Strange, one should think, that those most tainted by Shadow are the first to accept... Mkhmm... pass you two..."

Marching past the stone guardian Sorok enters the cave. He stands and looks around for a way down and possible dangers while waiting for the others to follow.

Perception:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Cheliax

Gilian wrote:

Damn post-eater...

While the others chat the stone spirit, Gilian keeps looking for the tracks they had seen before entering the grove. Are they still going that way?

Survival 1d20+11

Eventually, as she hears the others have all accepted the stone spirit demands without bargaining, she frowns and come to face it.

"Tell me, stone-brother, what is your name so we can bargain in good faith. Mine is Gilian. I agree to your price if that's what we need to go through. But on three conditions: I will not come if you become tainted by the Shadow, if you make me do its work or if you want me to kill innocents, who ever they are. Can we agree on these conditions?"

Gilian:
Tracks stop a bit before you enter the ravine.

"Heh... Akhm... Perhaps there is some hope four younger races after all... You are not so hasty... Indeed... I sense the gifts of Aryth in you..." Huge figure bows surprisingly easy until his moss framed lips are next to your ear, and then he whispers with gravel-like voice

Gilian:
"I am called Grandfather Stone, young one. And I accept your conditions. As I will call you, so can you call on me thrice - with my name and your blood. If there is stone anywhere I will come, unless young Izrador casts his eye in that direction.

Gilian, 1 Fate Point for being cautious and gaining elemental's respect.

Cheliax

Everyone who accepted may pass.


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5
nightflier wrote:


"Heh... Akhm... Perhaps there is some hope four younger races after all... You are not so hasty... Indeed... I sense the gifts of Aryth in you..." Huge figure bows surprisingly easy until his moss framed lips are next to your ear, and then he whispers with gravel-like voice ** spoiler omitted **

"Thank you, Grandfather. May Aryth bless your dreams." she murmurs back.

With a last glance at the spirit, she joint the other past the dark threshold.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
nightflier wrote:
Everyone who accepted may pass.

Does that mean the bird has to stay behind?

Cheliax

Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:
nightflier wrote:
Everyone who accepted may pass.
Does that mean the bird has to stay behind?

The bird is a bird, not a PC - and elemental considers it servant of Vigdir anyway, so he just ignores it.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
nightflier wrote:
Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:
nightflier wrote:
Everyone who accepted may pass.
Does that mean the bird has to stay behind?
The bird is a bird, not a PC - and elemental considers it servant of Vigdir anyway, so he just ignores it.

that's what I figured. just making sure.


male Dorn Channeler 1 (spiritual)

"I too, will not respond if you are tainted but otherwise I also accept." Anvinder steps forward and give Gilian a nod.

Cheliax

Sorry, guys. Was out of town. New post tomorrow.

Cheliax

Elemental being in front of you moves aside so that everyone who accepted his terms may pass. An entrance to the tunnel is revealed and your first step leads you in the darkness such as you've never seen before. Not even Dorzar's unnatural dark which suffocated the senses was equal to this doom-filled shroud of despair that you walked in. A terrible sense of loneliness and loss assaults you. Will save everybody.


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

will save 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Cheliax

Gilian wrote:
will save 1d20+7

Healer feels the flood of despair crushing her will, but the strong core of her soul rejects the darkness and she just shakes her head and continues forward into damp tunnel.


Will save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Will Save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
nightflier wrote:
Will save everybody.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Will save1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Cheliax

Solvistania Elghreah wrote:
Will save 1d20+4

Tide of darkness envelops Solvi's mind, but her mighty intellect cuts through the veil of shadows like flaming blade.

Cheliax

Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:
Will Save 1d20+3

Chops boldly enters the tunnel, but suddenly his feet do not want to move. Cold sweat covers his face. He is afraid to move or even breathe. Unfamiliar panic grips his heart and he finds himself running out of the tunnel.


Solvistania, after throwing off the effects of the shadows, sees Chops heading towards her in a blind panic. She interposes herself in the way, and grabs his arm as he rushes by, "Chops, I am here, do not let the Shadow overwhelm you! Fight it!"

Cheliax

Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:
nightflier wrote:
Will save everybody.
1d20+7

Mighty Dorn feels the weight of all of his sleepless nights and the loss of his brother is the heavies burden of them all, but he does not give in to the despair. Boldly he strides into the dark, certain in his wyrd.

Cheliax

Ilona Ebonblade wrote:
Will save1d20+3

Shadow threaten to engulf beautiful Sarcossan, but she just laughs and for an instance darkness seems little less foreboding.


Solvistania Elghreah wrote:
Solvistania, after throwing off the effects of the shadows, sees Chops heading towards her in a blind panic. She interposes herself in the way, and grabs his arm as he rushes by, "Chops, I am here, do not let the Shadow overwhelm you! Fight it!"

Chops grasps her hand and pulls her along with him as he runs towards the light. "We're all going to die in there, I know it! I saw it! We can't go in there!"


male halfling rogue 1

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23, +2 vs. fear


Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:
Chops grasps her hand and pulls her along with him as he runs towards the light. "We're all going to die in there, I know it! I saw it! We can't go in there!"

Solvistania, knowing there is no way she can resist him physically, tries a different approach, She looks directly into his eyes, and allows hin to see into her soul, to see the conflict that rages in her, and the strength to master her emotions. Assuming he does not resist, she will give him a hug, allowing him to feel her warmth, and whispers, "Easy, Chops, you are not alone here, we can defeat this foe, together."


Solvistania Elghreah wrote:
Solvistania, knowing there is no way she can resist him physically, tries a different approach, She looks directly into his eyes, and allows hin to see into her soul, to see the conflict that rages in her, and the strength to master her emotions. Assuming he does not resist, she will give him a hug, allowing him to feel her warmth, and whispers, "Easy, Chops, you are not alone here, we can defeat this foe, together."

When Solvistania is dragged out into the sunlight, Chops feels her pulling him to her embrace. She can feel him shaking and his skin is cold and moist. Tears are streaming down from his eyes to his cheeks and hers. When she looks into his dark eyes in the sunlight, she can see that they are actually a shade of midnight blue. He stares into her red eyes, "We will die in there. Like Evyndr...Sky'tor. We will become shades that follow Ragnar to his own death."

Cheliax

Pete the Runt wrote:
Will: 1d20+5, +2 vs. fear

Halfling looks at Chops and just snorts before moving further into tunnel.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:

midnight blue. He stares into her red eyes, "We will die in there. Like Evyndr...Sky'tor. We will become shades that follow Ragnar to his own death."

"There are worse fates. Cowardice among them. You are stronger than this."


Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:

When Solvistania is dragged out into the sunlight, Chops feels her pulling him to her embrace. She can feel him shaking and his skin is cold and moist. Tears are streaming down from his eyes to his cheeks and hers. When she looks into his dark eyes in the sunlight, she can see that they are actually a shade of midnight blue. He stares into her red eyes, "We will die in there. Like Evyndr...Sky'tor. We will become shades that follow Ragnar to his own death."

"No, that will not be our fate. Like Ragnar says, you are stronger than this, also remember we are a fellowship now, and we will all share the same fate, if need be."


Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:


"There are worse fates. Cowardice among them. You are stronger than this."

"Worse than being a ghost? A slave to Izrador yes. Cowardice....I would rather die than be labeled a coward!" Chops stares hard at the big Dorn. "Something is inside of me and I cannot go further." He turns to Solvistania, "I am sorry my princess."


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

"Being a ghost is the best of the possibilities. Trust me." The big dorn says, almost conversationally before returning Chops' hard stare "You are being forced against your will. You will allow that? You want to turn and fight, but something keeps you. Fine. If you wont turn and fight, you can stay here with us."

In the darkness the tiny pin pricks of light that slowly swirl Ragnar like stars, all halt, turn, and brighten, staring into Chops. The spectral fires dim until all the light that remains are long shadows and the glowing eyes of dead children.

And Ragnar's measuring gaze, lit like the souls surrounding him.

Intimidate 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 how about we fight fire with fire. ;)


Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:
He turns to Solvistania, "I am sorry my princess."

My princess... The words seem to enter her body and head straight to her heart. She looks at Chops now, several tears trying to form in her eyes, and tries to determine what he has been enspelled by, Spellcraft 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19


male Dorn Channeler 1 (spiritual)

will save1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Ragnar's gaze shakes Chops to the core. Then he sees Solvistania's tears, he bows his head in shame. He closes his eyes for a minute. Then two minutes. I know what must be done. He releases Solvistania and walks towards the earth elemental which is standing there motionless and uncaring. He picks up a loose stone, about the size of a fist, which has broken of the ancient sentinel. Then he begins to chant in a mixture of orcish and dwarvish:

Orc:
"Father. Curse you and your blood. I shed it gladly thrall of Izrador!"
Old Dwarvish:
"Mother. You have brought me life and the blood in my veins is yours. To spill it is a sin, but I must if I am to prevail."

Then Chops places his left and onto the elemental, fingers spread. He grits his teeth, raises the rock and smashes it down onto his small finger. Only a grunt escapes his throat as the pain shoots through his hand. His blood splatters onto the elemental and onto the ground. He drops the rock and without looking at his hand, Ragnar, nor Solvistania, and turns towards the hole once more.

I attempted "A Warrior's Sacrifice" from Steel and Shadow.


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

Will save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
+4 if magical.
Well ultimate failure right there. Total 9


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Ilona looks back ath Chops, sees Ragnar strike terror deeper than any cave, and sees the pain in Solvi's eyes over her concern for Chops.

Noticing the panic building in Sorok's eyes as well she takes a deep breath and begins to speak an a voice both soothing and clear, her words striking out at fear itself, embracing the heart and uplifting the spirit.

"It's all right. They can't hurt is. It's why they try to scare us. They know their time is over so they throw everything they have at us, their magic and their darkness and their threats."

Casting Joyful Noise

Cheliax

Chops, +1 FP for well made sacrifice.

More posts tomorrow, guys. Got to sleep now. :)


male halfling rogue 1

Pete grunts. "Waste of finger. But if it helps push away fear, good enough."


Solvistania glares at the halfling, and replies in a softly lethal voice, "Perhaps you fail to understand what has transpired here, would you like some enlightenment?"

She moves to Chops side, and takes his now mangled hand in her own hands, heedless of the blood flowing from the open wounds, she looks at the gaping wound, and murmers a quick healing cantrip, Cure Minor Wounds to stop the bleeding. She takes his hand in hers, and whispers, "You shall never be alone, my champion."


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

"They can't even begin to understand what is coming for them. The shadow's tim is a an end, and we'll be there to ring the bell."

Ilona gives Chops a wicked grin inciting feelings of destroying the enemy.

Everyone who can hear Ilona gains +4 saves vs Fear, loses shaken condition


male Dorn Channeler 1 (spiritual)
Ilona Ebonblade wrote:

"They can't even begin to understand what is coming for them. The shadow's time is a an end, and we'll be there to ring the bell."

Ilona gives Chops a wicked grin inciting feelings of destroying the enemy.

Everyone who can hear Ilona gains +4 saves vs Fear, loses shaken condition

" I hardly think we will stop the shadow. The brighter the light, the deeper the shadow becomes. All we are able to do is protect that light so that we are not consumed by the darkness." Anvinder averts his eyes from contact with anyone else "Heroes die, and survivors carry on. A thousand small victory's mean more then one brave stand."

Cheliax

Anvinder wrote:
will saved20 + 6

Dreams assail thin Dorn, but he walks through the nightmares as if walking through tall grass and enters the tunnel, unafraid of the dark.

1,701 to 1,750 of 6,403 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.