Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Giantslayer

Game Master Tyranius

Loot List
Tactical Map
Ashpeak


5,701 to 5,750 of 6,047 << first < prev | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | next > last >>

Dwarven Barfly | HP 151/151 | AC 31 T 13 FF 30 | CMD 32 (34 vs Trip) +4 on solid ground | Fort +22 Ref +10 Will +4 (+4 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +2 | Perc +10

"Jorgan, help the new guy with this one. Rog, follow me!!"

Kraygan sidesteps the first giant, closing in on the Lieutenant. Once he and Rogzul are in position he takes a powerful sweep at the giant's legs with Gorum's Thorn.

Rage 1/9, Haste 1/13, Heroism 1/130 minutes
Exploit Weakness (vs enemy CR+10): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 Success grants +2 to hit until the end of Kraygan's turn.
Gorum's Thorn Felling Smash!: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (17) + 22 = 39
Damage + Acid: 2d6 + 25 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 2) + 25 + (5) = 34
Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (14) + 22 = 36
Crit Damage + Acid: 2d6 + 25 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 2) + 25 + (3) = 36
Free trip attempt if Smash hits.
Trip: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (9) + 27 = 36
Free trip attempt if Crit hits.
Trip: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (20) + 27 = 47
Giant provokes AoOs from all that threaten if tripped with Greater Trip.
AoO: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (19) + 22 = 41
Damage + Acid: 2d6 + 25 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 1) + 25 + (2) = 33
Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (19) + 22 = 41
Crit Damage + Acid: 2d6 + 25 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 1) + 25 + (6) = 33

Dark Archive

@Kraygan- Both Felling Smash feat and Exploit Weakness are swift actions. Which one do you want to use? Also Gorum's Thorn trip is only if you are a Patron of Gorum.

Gorum's Thorn

Felling Smash

Exploit Weakness


Dwarven Barfly | HP 151/151 | AC 31 T 13 FF 30 | CMD 32 (34 vs Trip) +4 on solid ground | Fort +22 Ref +10 Will +4 (+4 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +2 | Perc +10

Thanks for pointing out Felling Smash (always thought it was free). Skip exploit weakness this round (the bonus was minor anyway). Regarding Gorum, I thought we had discussed Kraygan's conversion at some point but now I can't find the posts...

Found a post HERE that I thought confirmed Kraygan's faith, but I may have misinterpreted your followup post.

Liberty's Edge

M Elf Age: 252 or so

Round 1, Init 11

Wren opens up at whichever giant is still standing.

1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 25 to hit; (Haste, Heroism)
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 magic damage.

1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 13 to hit; (Haste, Heroism)
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 magic damage.

1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 16 to hit; (Haste, Heroism)
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 magic damage.

Haste (round 3/13): +1 to hit, AC, reflex, attx, yadayadayada.

Wren Stats:

HP: 79/79
AC: 18 (+4 w/mage armor) +1 haste

Readied action acid:
[ dice]1d20+11+1[/dice] touch to hit;
[ dice]1d6+6[/dice] acid damage.

Effects: mage armor, overland flight

Right: bow
Left:

Iron Ring 1/1 used
Rod Lsr Extend 0/3 used
Rod Lsr Quicken 2/3 used
Firestorm 1/3 used
Staff of Ice: 0/10 used
Acid 2/10 used Acid Dart (1d6+6 acid, 10/day) (Sp) As a standard action, ranged touch deals acid dam vs. foe in 30 ft.

Blip: 0 of 72 5' steps

Haste (round 4/12): +1 to hit, AC, reflex, attx, yadayadayada.

12th Level: The bow counts as a +2 Adaptive Flaming Composite Longbow. Scorching Ray now only costs 1 charge and replaces the arcane bolt. The fireball spell is now under the effects of the quickened metamagic feat though only for the use of a full attack with the bow itself with the fireball itself counting as one of the attacks.

[ dice]1d20+13-2+1[/dice] to hit; (PBS,rapid)
[ dice]1d8+3+1d6[/dice] magic fire damage.


Half-Orc Shaman of the Twisted Nail
Stats:
HP106/106 | AC 23T 10 FF 23| CMD 25 | Fort +8 Ref +8 Will +17| Init +4 | Perc +24
Skills:
Acro+9;Cmb+8;K.Nature+14;K. Religion +6, K.Planes+10;Perc+24;Splcrft+16;Surv+18

As the halfling dives into combat, Rog nods grunts in approval and nods at Kraygan. The dwarf has significantly less ground to cover, so Rog decides to handle that by swiftly casting enlarge on himself and stepping closer to the green Lieutenant.

PA1: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (11) + 23 = 34
Damage: 2d6 + 21 + 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) + 21 + (6, 5) = 36

PA2: 1d20 + 18 - 3 ⇒ (17) + 18 - 3 = 32
Damage: 2d6 + 21 + 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) + 21 + (1, 1) = 30

Dark Archive

Sounds good on the faith Kraygan :)

The Fire giant lieutenant is a bit quicker at reacting then his counterparts as Kraygan rushes in.

Combat Reflexes

AoO Greatsword; PA vs Kraygan AC 35: 1d20 + 26 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 26 - 4 = 30

The greatsword snaps around as Kraygan tumbles underneath the blade and gives a powerful sweep with his own at the Lieutenant's calves.

The Lieutenant topples as his hamstring his cut, allowing Kraygan to stab is blade downward into the giant's gut. The giant screams in pain.

Giant:
"GGAAAH! GO! SOUND THE ALARM!"

Farin gets a bit risky as he steps up to the nearest giant, slashing his shortswords all around the giant's legs, not afraid at getting in close to the heat. The giant nearly topples to the ground as the blades strike a severe artery.

@Rog- Do you have an item or ability to make enlarge person a swift action now? It doesn't matter much for this fight as you clearly would have done it before porting in behind the gate but just curious as it is normally a full round cast.

Rogzul slides in behind Farin and stabs his spear into the giant's neck, twice in quick succession. Blood sprays against the cavern wall as the giant falls to the ground dead.

With the Lieutenant down on the ground Wren knows he will have a difficult time with the giant taking cover and aims for the only standing giant. One arrow pierces into the back of the giant's hand as it whips about.

Round 1
Kraygan
Jorgan
Farin
Rogzul
Wren
----------------------------
Fire Giant Lieutenant (-136)
Fire Giant (-9)
-----------------------------


Half-Orc Shaman of the Twisted Nail
Stats:
HP106/106 | AC 23T 10 FF 23| CMD 25 | Fort +8 Ref +8 Will +17| Init +4 | Perc +24
Skills:
Acro+9;Cmb+8;K.Nature+14;K. Religion +6, K.Planes+10;Perc+24;Splcrft+16;Surv+18

I took the feat Quicken Spell a few levels back.

Dark Archive

Gotcha. :). Will DMPC Jorgan if nothing by this evening.


Male Dwarf Stableboy 13 | HP 148/148 | AC 30 T 14 FF 28 | CMD 27 (32 disarm, +2 w/ Spirit) | Fort +12 Ref +11 Will +10 (+2 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +6 | Perc +17 (+2 stonework)
Spirit:
HP 132/132 | AC 32 T 9 FF 31 | CMD 30 (32 b.rush/o.run, +2 w/ Jorgan) | Fort +14 Ref +8 Will +5 (evasion, +4 enchant) | Init +1 | Perc +6

Sorry about that. Planting season! Rainy day tomorrow though.

Jorgan rushes forward as Kraygan takes on the giant on the floor. "Ay, Kray, that one's sleeping, it's not even a fair fight!" He puts his spear down as he charges in and tries to hit the other giant (red) right in the gut.

heartspit: 1d20 + 18 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 18 + 2 + 1 = 35
damage: 2d8 + 18 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) + 18 + 2 + (4, 1) = 30

Dark Archive

No biggie

The prone giant swings his greatsword about wildly as Jorgan advances. Combat reflexes

AoO vs Jorgan AC 34; Prone; PA: 1d20 + 26 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 26 - 4 - 4 = 21

As the blade slashes upwards Jorgan digs the haft of his spear into the ground and hurtles up and over the arc of the blade before landing back on his feet and jabs Heartspit into the fire giant guards gut.

Realizing that Kraygan is well trained in the art of bringing a giant to the ground the Lieutenant decides to stay put and jab his blade at Kraygan in hops of bringing the dwarf down as well.

Vital Strike vs Kraygan AC 35; Prone; PA: 1d20 + 26 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 26 - 4 - 4 = 20

Kraygan easily deflects the blow of the prone giant.

Giant:
"I got it. Others will be here soon."

The fire giant digs his heels into the ground and rams through Jorgan, Farin and Rogzul.

Improved Overrun vs CMD (Jorgan 27);(Farin / Rogzul 25): 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (2) + 22 = 24

The fire giant skids to a halt as too many small folk block his path, jabbing spears into the air with enough force to stop an advancing cavalry.

Such bad rolls haha.

Round 2
Kraygan
Jorgan
Farin
Rogzul
Wren

----------------------------
Fire Giant Lieutenant (-136; prone)
Fire Giant (-39)
-----------------------------


Male Dwarf Stableboy 13 | HP 148/148 | AC 30 T 14 FF 28 | CMD 27 (32 disarm, +2 w/ Spirit) | Fort +12 Ref +11 Will +10 (+2 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +6 | Perc +17 (+2 stonework)
Spirit:
HP 132/132 | AC 32 T 9 FF 31 | CMD 30 (32 b.rush/o.run, +2 w/ Jorgan) | Fort +14 Ref +8 Will +5 (evasion, +4 enchant) | Init +1 | Perc +6

Jorgan plants his feet and puts his shoulder to the fire giant to stop him in his tracks. He laughs as he backs up to stab at the giant again!

heartspit: 1d20 + 18 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 18 + 2 + 1 = 40
damage: 2d8 + 18 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (7, 2) + 18 + 2 + (1, 5) = 35

heartspit: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 24
damage: 2d8 + 18 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (7, 2) + 18 + 2 + (1, 2) = 32


Dwarven Barfly | HP 151/151 | AC 31 T 13 FF 30 | CMD 32 (34 vs Trip) +4 on solid ground | Fort +22 Ref +10 Will +4 (+4 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +2 | Perc +10

Kraygan jumps on the officer, hacking and slashing with his greatsword.

"GGHRAAGH!"

Rage 2/9, Heroism 1/130 minutes
Gorum's Thorn PA/GH/Buckler: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (14) + 22 = 36
Damage + Acid: 2d6 + 25 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 4) + 25 + (1) = 34
Iterative 1: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28
Damage + Acid: 2d6 + 25 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 3) + 25 + (1) = 33
Iterative 2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Damage + Acid: 2d6 + 25 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 6) + 25 + (5) = 37
Haste: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (6) + 22 = 28
Damage + Acid: 2d6 + 25 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 1) + 25 + (5) = 37

Liberty's Edge

M Elf Age: 252 or so

Is Jorgan missing a haste attack?

Wren surveys the batttle before deciding where to put his arrows.

Also, no alarm has been sounded yet, right?

Sovereign Court

Male Halfling Ranger 2 / Rogue 11 | HP 90/90 | AC: 26 Tch: 18 FF: 10 CMD 25 | F +11, R +20, W +9 | Perc +20/+25 SM +10 | Active: None

Giant:

"I really don't think you will be going anywhere, I am sorry to say. Well, not that sorry."

Farin scurries through the giant's legs to flank with Jorgan, rolling and dodging along the way. (at 1/2 speed, which is still 30 with haste - thanks for that Wren - it is really nice!)

Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 23 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 23 + 5 + 4 = 49
DC is CMD +5 for moving through their space.
Also using Combat Reflexes. If he makes it, +1 to attack the red fire giant. If not, his AC vs the AoO is 34.

Assuming he made it and is flanking. If not, he will use the other sword, which doesn't change the attack, but it does remove the sneak attack 6d6, but adds 1 more damage for the difference in magical enhancement and flank trait bonus.
+1 Menacing Attack, flanking, hasted: 1d20 + 21 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 21 + 1 = 39
Damage: 1d4 + 8 + 6d6 ⇒ (2) + 8 + (3, 4, 4, 1, 5, 6) = 33

Oh, and anyone flanking Red will get a +4 flanking bonus instead of +2 while I stand next to him.

Liberty's Edge

M Elf Age: 252 or so

Round 2, Init 11

Wren opens up at whichever giant is still standing.

1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 33 to hit; (Haste, Heroism)
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 magic damage.

1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 13 to hit; (Haste, Heroism)
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 magic damage.

1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 18 to hit; (Haste, Heroism)
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 magic damage.

Haste (round 3/13): +1 to hit, AC, reflex, attx, yadayadayada.

Wren Stats:

HP: 79/79
AC: 18 (+4 w/mage armor) +1 haste

Readied action acid:
[ dice]1d20+11+1[/dice] touch to hit;
[ dice]1d6+6[/dice] acid damage.

Effects: mage armor, overland flight

Right: bow
Left:

Iron Ring 1/1 used
Rod Lsr Extend 0/3 used
Rod Lsr Quicken 2/3 used
Firestorm 1/3 used
Staff of Ice: 0/10 used
Acid 2/10 used Acid Dart (1d6+6 acid, 10/day) (Sp) As a standard action, ranged touch deals acid dam vs. foe in 30 ft.

Blip: 0 of 72 5' steps

Haste (round 4/12): +1 to hit, AC, reflex, attx, yadayadayada.

12th Level: The bow counts as a +2 Adaptive Flaming Composite Longbow. Scorching Ray now only costs 1 charge and replaces the arcane bolt. The fireball spell is now under the effects of the quickened metamagic feat though only for the use of a full attack with the bow itself with the fireball itself counting as one of the attacks.

[ dice]1d20+13-2+1[/dice] to hit; (PBS,rapid)
[ dice]1d8+3+1d6[/dice] magic fire damage.

Dark Archive

No alarm has been sounded yet as he failed his Overrun check.

Kraygan leaps on top of the fallen officer and repeatedly stabs his blade into the Lieutenant's neck, ending the giants life in a steady stream of gurgles before falling still.

Jorgan Hasted heartspit: 1d20 + 18 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 18 + 2 + 1 = 40
damage: 2d8 + 18 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) + 18 + 2 + (3, 6) = 32

Jorgan's spear catches the remaining giant between its ribs as the giant tries to get past. Using the momentum Farin rushes underneath the Fire giant, cutting at its underside.

Wren finishes the giant off with a single well-placed arrow into the Fire giant's eye.

Catching the giants initially off guard seems to have worked in the Trunau Militia's favor, though with this being a main entrance there is bound to be several patrols passing through this gate any moment.

Just past the recently deceased is a second portcullis used to trap any unwelcome guests between the two portcullis while stones can be hurled from the other side.

Although there are small vents in the caverns to cycle fresh air through these lower parts of the lair, the smell of goats, pigs, and manure has built up to a disgusting level. This reek is debilitating in all the caverns and tunnels in this part of the mountain.

DC 15 Fort save or become sickened.

The primary tunnel continues on for several hundred feet before branching out into a fork, one leading north and another leading east.

Map of Ashpeak is above

Liberty's Edge

M Elf Age: 252 or so

1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 2 = 22 Fort

Inured by this long exposure to the odoriferous emanations of yak and dwarf, Wren is easily able to shrug off the sickening vapors. In comparison, they are delightful.

"That's wasn't too bad. Even your yaktender acquitted himself well. Let us continue."

Wren floats to the top of the ceiling and follows the dwarvenhorde forward.


Male Dwarf Stableboy 13 | HP 148/148 | AC 30 T 14 FF 28 | CMD 27 (32 disarm, +2 w/ Spirit) | Fort +12 Ref +11 Will +10 (+2 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +6 | Perc +17 (+2 stonework)
Spirit:
HP 132/132 | AC 32 T 9 FF 31 | CMD 30 (32 b.rush/o.run, +2 w/ Jorgan) | Fort +14 Ref +8 Will +5 (evasion, +4 enchant) | Init +1 | Perc +6

Fort: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Jorgan nods in agreement with Wren. "Aye, off to a good start." He then pulls out a small figurine and sets it on the ground, speaking a word to bring his giant god-given goat back to life. Spirit, now towering over everyone in the chamber, lets out a low bleat of contentment as Jorgan leaps up and pulls himself onto its back. "Oh Captain, My Captain: want a ride? There's room!"

Jorgan than moves forward and says, "How about north? It's like going up."

Sovereign Court

Male Halfling Ranger 2 / Rogue 11 | HP 90/90 | AC: 26 Tch: 18 FF: 10 CMD 25 | F +11, R +20, W +9 | Perc +20/+25 SM +10 | Active: None

Fort Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

"Heh! Sure, I'll ride." Farin jumps up on the yak, but it seems clear he has never seen one up close before. "North works for me."

"You guys weren't kidding when you said you hunt giants. This will be fun. Can we do anything to at least hide these guys? Seems like we just announced ourselves to the next one that passes through."

Dark Archive

You guys plan on moving further into cavern or doing something with the bodies?


Half-Orc Shaman of the Twisted Nail
Stats:
HP106/106 | AC 23T 10 FF 23| CMD 25 | Fort +8 Ref +8 Will +17| Init +4 | Perc +24
Skills:
Acro+9;Cmb+8;K.Nature+14;K. Religion +6, K.Planes+10;Perc+24;Splcrft+16;Surv+18

"Good." Rog says in response to Farin.

"Let them see how quickly and violently their kind die at our hand. It is a warning they should heed."

Rog keeps his eyes focused further in the cavern and waits for the dwarves and elf to join him in moving forward.

Perception: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (2) + 24 = 26


Dwarven Barfly | HP 151/151 | AC 31 T 13 FF 30 | CMD 32 (34 vs Trip) +4 on solid ground | Fort +22 Ref +10 Will +4 (+4 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +2 | Perc +10

After catching his breath, Kraygan puts up a gauntleted hand. "Hold up jus a second, all these bodies r' gonna cause problems. We should try and do somethin 'bout it."

Looking at the two portcullis, he wonders aloud. "What if we add some rocks to th' heads of these bodies, bash 'em in a bit, n' make some giant tracks leading back out through that portcullis? Rog's still large enough that his stompin' feet should do th' trick. Ye know, make it look like th' stone giants did this? Could leave a symbol o' the stone giant god for 'em to find too. Then we go through th' inner portcullis and close it behind us so they think th' problem's outside th' mount'n not inside, where we're goin."

Kraygan looks around for some good rocks suitable for throwing by giants.

Liberty's Edge

M Elf Age: 252 or so

Wren helps Kray hide the bodies as best he can, which isn't much, but he does loot them for things of interest.

"So...Squats, when are you going to tell us your real name? Or should we just keep calling you Squats?"

Sovereign Court

Male Halfling Ranger 2 / Rogue 11 | HP 90/90 | AC: 26 Tch: 18 FF: 10 CMD 25 | F +11, R +20, W +9 | Perc +20/+25 SM +10 | Active: None

"Ah, a ruse! I like it!"

Farin helps direct the details to make the scene look as genuine as possible, since he really isn't much help moving giant bodies.

Bluff: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33


Half-Orc Shaman of the Twisted Nail
Stats:
HP106/106 | AC 23T 10 FF 23| CMD 25 | Fort +8 Ref +8 Will +17| Init +4 | Perc +24
Skills:
Acro+9;Cmb+8;K.Nature+14;K. Religion +6, K.Planes+10;Perc+24;Splcrft+16;Surv+18

"You're losing your memory Elf. Maybe we should replace you with a halfman too." Rog snorts, aggravated that the dwarves are wasting time with a cowardly ruse.

"If you are dont playing with the dead, lets go."


Dwarven Barfly | HP 151/151 | AC 31 T 13 FF 30 | CMD 32 (34 vs Trip) +4 on solid ground | Fort +22 Ref +10 Will +4 (+4 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +2 | Perc +10

"Almost..." Kraygan waves Rogzul over and points to a pool of blood. "Step in that and stomp around a bit, walk outside, then fly back here. Then we move on to more giant killin."

Liberty's Edge

M Elf Age: 252 or so

Wren continues to loot the dead but will be ready to move on.

Dark Archive

Wren digs through the corpses and finds:

  • Potion of CSW (2)
  • Large +2 Half-Plate
  • Large +1 Greatsword
  • A ring that feels chill to the touch.
    DC 26 Spellcraft:
    Minor Ring of Cold Resistance

  • Everburning torch

Once Wren is done stuffing the equipment away Kraygan ties a rope around one of the Giant's legs at a time so that Spirit and Haggis are able to drag their bodies a small distance.

Taking a small bit of time the group stages the area to look as if Stone giants committed treason and murder within the confines of Ashpeak.

The passage continues on for several hundred feet as it slowly climbs upward in elevation before opening up into another cavern. This large, magma-formed cavern reeks of animal waste, sweat, and despair. A few braziers hang from the ceiling on stout chains, bathing the chamber in flickering fire light. Multiple patches of large mushrooms grow on beds of dark soil. Two hewn passageways lead out of one side of the cavern.

This is one of several fungal gardens the giants use for food. Slaves bring carts of manure here from the pigs and goats, while other slaves load up carts with harvested mushrooms, and one of the larger inhabitants of Ashpeak (usually an ettin or stone giant) hauls the food carts away to another part of the lair.

A gang of defeated-looking orc slaves tend the fungi here; some shovel manure from a cart onto the plots while others cut down the tallest mushrooms and stack them in a different cart. Amidst the slaves stands a single Fire Giant that watches over the progress with a stern gaze as he redirects orc slaves that stop for but a moment to wipe their brow.

Sovereign Court

Male Halfling Ranger 2 / Rogue 11 | HP 90/90 | AC: 26 Tch: 18 FF: 10 CMD 25 | F +11, R +20, W +9 | Perc +20/+25 SM +10 | Active: None

"Well, I am not too concerned about getting close to the lone giant, but the problem is we can't really trust these slaves to rise up against their captors. They might, but some might simple run to tell others that we are here."

Liberty's Edge

M Elf Age: 252 or so

1d20 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 20 + 2 = 24 Spellcraft

Unsure what it does, Wren offers the ring around. If it is not taken, he stuffs the equipment away.

As they move on, Wren is feeling pretty dang comfy in his Blazing Robe (and Endure Elements as necessary).

"This might be their food stash. Might be we destroy all of this, it would be good. Are we worried about keeping the orcs alive?" Wren flicks a glance at Rogzul as if he might have an opinion.


Male Dwarf Stableboy 13 | HP 148/148 | AC 30 T 14 FF 28 | CMD 27 (32 disarm, +2 w/ Spirit) | Fort +12 Ref +11 Will +10 (+2 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +6 | Perc +17 (+2 stonework)
Spirit:
HP 132/132 | AC 32 T 9 FF 31 | CMD 30 (32 b.rush/o.run, +2 w/ Jorgan) | Fort +14 Ref +8 Will +5 (evasion, +4 enchant) | Init +1 | Perc +6

Jorgan nods along and offers his response to Farin and Wren. "Right, I don't think they look physically ready to revolt anyways. I say we set 'em free, give 'em some strong words not to go killing dwarves and other folk anymore, and send them on their way."

To Wren's idea of sabotaging the food supply, Jorgan counters, "That would only be effective if we wanted to starve them out. I think we'll kill them faster than that. Let's leave the food in case we or an ally needs it later. Let's just take out the giant...."


Dwarven Barfly | HP 151/151 | AC 31 T 13 FF 30 | CMD 32 (34 vs Trip) +4 on solid ground | Fort +22 Ref +10 Will +4 (+4 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +2 | Perc +10

Kraygan glances at Wren. Then glances at Rogzul.

"I don't know 'bout the rest of ye, but I've recently developed some respect fer orcs. If these r' unwilling slaves then we should worry 'bout their lives."

Speaking of orcs seems to have given Kraygan another idea. "Rog, do ye think ye kin get down there and blend in? Could be these orcs know a lot 'bout this volcano and what might be behind those doors across th' cavern. Also, if ye kin get close t' that giant, maybe ye could lure it closer to us so we kin ride it down before it summons more trouble."

Pointing to the mushrooms, he adds for Farin's benefit. "Those look big enough for ye to hide behind. Think ye kin get inta position fer a surprise attack?"

Sovereign Court

Male Halfling Ranger 2 / Rogue 11 | HP 90/90 | AC: 26 Tch: 18 FF: 10 CMD 25 | F +11, R +20, W +9 | Perc +20/+25 SM +10 | Active: None

"Absolutely. Rog, you give a shout when you want me to kill the biggun."

Farin starts picking his way closer to the target, blades drawn, in full stealth mode.

Stealth: 1d20 + 31 ⇒ (3) + 31 = 34

Liberty's Edge

M Elf Age: 252 or so

Wren waits for instructions.

"Maybe we just wait and let the yakherder slice the giant to bits. Then we let the orcs decide what to do next after their capture spontaneously springs leaks and dies."

Dark Archive

GM Roll:

Perception; Take 10: 10 = 10

Mushroom Area is difficult terrain.

The Fire giant's head whips around as he is quite observant while on duty watching over the orc slaves, for any to get out of hand, lazy or look to take an unwanted nap in the rooms to the north.

Squinting his eyes he growls low as he notices the small Halfling trying to sneak through the field of mushrooms. With each step Farin steps on one of the squeaky morsels.

Giant:
"Sikmir! Vakam! Get out here. We got smallfolk that made it past the font gate. Go let the Captain know."

His voice echoes off of the stone walls as the two doors to the north open up, revealing another pair of fire giants.

Bending down the fire giant that noticed Farin breaks off one of the larger, heavier mushrooms. The mushroom snaps off with a crunch like celery snapping in half and is the size of a boulder.

Giant:
"See what he wants us to do with them."

Init:

Jorgan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Farin: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Kraygan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Rogzul: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Wren: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Fire Giants: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
Vanguard: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Round 1
Wren
Rogzul
Kraygan
Farin

--------------------------------
Vanguard
--------------------------------
Jorgan
--------------------------------
Fire giants
--------------------------------

Sovereign Court

Male Halfling Ranger 2 / Rogue 11 | HP 90/90 | AC: 26 Tch: 18 FF: 10 CMD 25 | F +11, R +20, W +9 | Perc +20/+25 SM +10 | Active: None

Unless the others take some action to improve my survival...

Farin seems shocked by the squeaking noises he is making, but he still reacts quickly to the giant's announcement.

He trudges through the mushrooms (1/2 speed = 15 ft) and throws his returning dagger at the giant's vulnerable spot.

Attack, range penalty: 1d20 + 18 - 8 ⇒ (17) + 18 - 8 = 27
Damage: 1d3 + 6 + 1 + 6d6 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 + (1, 6, 6, 2, 5, 4) = 34
If it hits, also give it 2 Str damage and Disoriented: The target takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls. In addition, the target takes an additional –4 penalty on all attack rolls it makes against the rogue.

Liberty's Edge

M Elf Age: 252 or so

Round 1, Init 28

Wren moves up, still overland flying (at 15' up) and casts Magic Missile at the giant.

5d4 + 5 ⇒ (4, 2, 1, 3, 2) + 5 = 17 force damage

How was the yaktender seen?

Wren Stats:

[ dice]1d20+12+2+1[/dice] to hit; (Haste, Heroism)
[ dice]1d8+3[/dice] magic damage.

[ ooc]Haste (round 3/13): +1 to hit, AC, reflex, attx, yadayadayada. [/ooc]

HP: 79/79
AC: 18 (+4 w/mage armor) +1 haste

Readied action acid:
[ dice]1d20+11+1[/dice] touch to hit;
[ dice]1d6+6[/dice] acid damage.

Effects: mage armor, overland flight

Right: bow
Left:

Iron Ring 1/1 used
Rod Lsr Extend 0/3 used
Rod Lsr Quicken 2/3 used
Firestorm 1/3 used
Staff of Ice: 0/10 used
Acid 2/10 used Acid Dart (1d6+6 acid, 10/day) (Sp) As a standard action, ranged touch deals acid dam vs. foe in 30 ft.

Blip: 0 of 72 5' steps

Haste (round 4/12): +1 to hit, AC, reflex, attx, yadayadayada.

12th Level: The bow counts as a +2 Adaptive Flaming Composite Longbow. Scorching Ray now only costs 1 charge and replaces the arcane bolt. The fireball spell is now under the effects of the quickened metamagic feat though only for the use of a full attack with the bow itself with the fireball itself counting as one of the attacks.

[ dice]1d20+13-2+1[/dice] to hit; (PBS,rapid)
[ dice]1d8+3+1d6[/dice] magic fire damage.


Dwarven Barfly | HP 151/151 | AC 31 T 13 FF 30 | CMD 32 (34 vs Trip) +4 on solid ground | Fort +22 Ref +10 Will +4 (+4 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +2 | Perc +10

Kraygan stays back in the cave and says something to Jorgan in dwarven.

Dwarven:

"Lure 'em out of the mushrooms so I kin charge."

Haggis should be on the map too.

Dark Archive

Jorgan? Rogzul?


Male Dwarf Stableboy 13 | HP 148/148 | AC 30 T 14 FF 28 | CMD 27 (32 disarm, +2 w/ Spirit) | Fort +12 Ref +11 Will +10 (+2 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +6 | Perc +17 (+2 stonework)
Spirit:
HP 132/132 | AC 32 T 9 FF 31 | CMD 30 (32 b.rush/o.run, +2 w/ Jorgan) | Fort +14 Ref +8 Will +5 (evasion, +4 enchant) | Init +1 | Perc +6

Jorgan's not up yet I thought. Just Rog.


Half-Orc Shaman of the Twisted Nail
Stats:
HP106/106 | AC 23T 10 FF 23| CMD 25 | Fort +8 Ref +8 Will +17| Init +4 | Perc +24
Skills:
Acro+9;Cmb+8;K.Nature+14;K. Religion +6, K.Planes+10;Perc+24;Splcrft+16;Surv+18

Seeing the halfling discovered, Rog frowns and calls upon his spirits to bolster his weapon, making it even stronger against his giant foes.

Lifting himself from the ground, he flies forward close enough to be seen and hopefully draw some of the giants from Farin.

Dark Archive

Seeing the giant turn towards Farin Wren hovers in the air as a wave of missile careen across the field and rocket into the Vanguard.

Rogzul throws his large orcish frame into the air, hoping to be seen by the giants as he tries to take some of the heat off of Farin.

Kraygan tries to formulate some sort of a plan Jorgan as Haggis nudges the dwarf.

Farin throws his spear across the long distance, though he had not thrown it so far before. The dagger falls short as it sticks into a mushroom.

heaving the mushroom high into the air it begins to steam and hiss as it grows incredibly hot. using both hands the giant hurls the massive, heavy mushroom at Farin. As the rock is in the air the Vanguard uses his feet other free hand swatting another pair at the halfling.

I would think you would have cover being small among the forest of mushrooms.

Mushroom vs Farin AC 30; Improvised weapon: 1d20 + 15 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 15 - 4 = 28
Mushroom vs Farin AC 26; Improvised weapon: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 10 - 4 = 15
Mushroom vs Farin AC 26; Improvised weapon: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 4 = 4

Each of the mushrooms arc and spin through the air and bounce off of mushrooms just above Farin's head. Though being superheated from the Fire giant's touch the mushrooms split open, emitting a 10 foot cloud of intense steam that obscures all view.

Rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Round 1
Wren
Rogzul
Kraygan
Farin
--------------------------------
Vanguard (-17)
Red steam 4 rounds
--------------------------------
Jorgan
--------------------------------
Fire giants
--------------------------------


Male Dwarf Stableboy 13 | HP 148/148 | AC 30 T 14 FF 28 | CMD 27 (32 disarm, +2 w/ Spirit) | Fort +12 Ref +11 Will +10 (+2 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +6 | Perc +17 (+2 stonework)
Spirit:
HP 132/132 | AC 32 T 9 FF 31 | CMD 30 (32 b.rush/o.run, +2 w/ Jorgan) | Fort +14 Ref +8 Will +5 (evasion, +4 enchant) | Init +1 | Perc +6

"Hey! Don't waste food, you nincompoops!" Jorgan yells at the giants as he kicks Spirit forward. The ram leaps across the terrain, hopping over mushrooms with ease as Jorgan comments, "Besides, these mushrooms need nice damp soil to grow properly." The ground beneath the red giant's feet begins to grow soft...

Casting soften earth and stone on the squares marked on the map. DC 16 Ref save for red and green or stuck for 1d2 rounds and unable to move, attack, or cast spells.

A creature that succeeds on its save can move through the mud at half speed, and it can't run or charge.


Dwarven Barfly | HP 151/151 | AC 31 T 13 FF 30 | CMD 32 (34 vs Trip) +4 on solid ground | Fort +22 Ref +10 Will +4 (+4 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +2 | Perc +10

"Balls..." Kraygan mutters as everyone advances into hostile terrain. Urging Haggis ahead, he joins them.

May as well go on Jorgan's initiative.

Dark Archive

Kicking Spirit through the large mushroom field Jorgan pours his energy into the compact mountain.

A large line of the soil becomes soft like a bog.

Red Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Green Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

The pair of giants seem to be unaffected for the most part as they only sink a couple of inches as the stone just begins to soften.

Kicking into high gear Kraygan and Haggis circle around to cover Farin's flank while both Fire giants to the north leave the rooms and break into a full run towards the northeast tunnel as the blue fire giant pays little mind to the orc slaves and steps onto one of the orcs. The green form wriggles and twitches as it yells in pain or what could also possibly be the sweet release of death.

Blue will provoke from Spirit and Jorgan.

Round 2
Wren
Rogzul
Farin

--------------------------------
Vanguard (-17)
Red steam 4 rounds
--------------------------------
Jorgan
Kraygan
--------------------------------
Fire giants
--------------------------------

Sovereign Court

Male Halfling Ranger 2 / Rogue 11 | HP 90/90 | AC: 26 Tch: 18 FF: 10 CMD 25 | F +11, R +20, W +9 | Perc +20/+25 SM +10 | Active: None

Using the steam as concealment, Farin disappears from view entirely. He double moves at slightly reduced speed to keep under cover and close the gap to the red giant.

Stealth: 1d20 + 31 ⇒ (6) + 31 = 37


Male Dwarf Stableboy 13 | HP 148/148 | AC 30 T 14 FF 28 | CMD 27 (32 disarm, +2 w/ Spirit) | Fort +12 Ref +11 Will +10 (+2 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +6 | Perc +17 (+2 stonework)
Spirit:
HP 132/132 | AC 32 T 9 FF 31 | CMD 30 (32 b.rush/o.run, +2 w/ Jorgan) | Fort +14 Ref +8 Will +5 (evasion, +4 enchant) | Init +1 | Perc +6

"Hey there! Where do you think you're going?" Jorgan calls out as he strikes at the blue giant.

heartspit: 1d20 + 15 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 15 + 2 + 1 = 20
damage: 2d6 + 18 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 18 + 2 + (3, 2) = 32

gore: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
damage: 2d8 + 22 ⇒ (7, 8) + 22 = 37

Liberty's Edge

M Elf Age: 252 or so

Round 2, Init 28

Wren moves up in the air and along the west wall. Up 15' and will move self on map when I get home from PaizoCon later today.

Seeing the blue giant flee, Wren puts up a wall of force in the passage.

"No, no, no. You ain't going nowhere nohow."

Wren Stats:

[ dice]1d20+12+2+1[/dice] to hit; (Haste, Heroism)
[ dice]1d8+3[/dice] magic damage.

[ ooc]Haste (round 3/13): +1 to hit, AC, reflex, attx, yadayadayada. [/ooc]

HP: 79/79
AC: 18 (+4 w/mage armor) +1 haste

Readied action acid:
[ dice]1d20+11+1[/dice] touch to hit;
[ dice]1d6+6[/dice] acid damage.

Effects: mage armor, overland flight

Right: bow
Left:

Iron Ring 1/1 used
Rod Lsr Extend 0/3 used
Rod Lsr Quicken 2/3 used
Firestorm 1/3 used
Staff of Ice: 0/10 used
Acid 2/10 used Acid Dart (1d6+6 acid, 10/day) (Sp) As a standard action, ranged touch deals acid dam vs. foe in 30 ft.

Blip: 0 of 72 5' steps

Haste (round 4/12): +1 to hit, AC, reflex, attx, yadayadayada.

12th Level: The bow counts as a +2 Adaptive Flaming Composite Longbow. Scorching Ray now only costs 1 charge and replaces the arcane bolt. The fireball spell is now under the effects of the quickened metamagic feat though only for the use of a full attack with the bow itself with the fireball itself counting as one of the attacks.

[ dice]1d20+13-2+1[/dice] to hit; (PBS,rapid)
[ dice]1d8+3+1d6[/dice] magic fire damage.

Dark Archive

How was Paizocon? I am definitely going to go in 2019 since I don't think I will ever make a Gencon. (They seem to plan it on my wife's birthday weekend each year :P)

As the fire giant passes by it deflects Jorgan's spear, though gets a thousand puncture wounds all over his hands as he grabs ahold of Spirit's barbed horns.

As the giant flees to the tunnels, Wren blocks his path with an invisible wall of force.

Farin uses the mushrooms to slowly inch forward in the hopes of catching the Vanguard unawares.

Round 2
Wren
Rogzul
Farin
--------------------------------
Vanguard (-17)
Red steam 4 rounds
--------------------------------
Jorgan
Kraygan
--------------------------------
Fire giants (Blue -37)
--------------------------------


Half-Orc Shaman of the Twisted Nail
Stats:
HP106/106 | AC 23T 10 FF 23| CMD 25 | Fort +8 Ref +8 Will +17| Init +4 | Perc +24
Skills:
Acro+9;Cmb+8;K.Nature+14;K. Religion +6, K.Planes+10;Perc+24;Splcrft+16;Surv+18

Rog flies forward, over the mushrooms and toward the middle of the field, hoping to back up Jorgan on his end of the fight.

Double move.

5,701 to 5,750 of 6,047 << first < prev | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Giantslayer All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.