Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Dungeon Blaster´s Skulls and Shackles Campaign

Game Master Tim Bürgers


401 to 450 of 472 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Valen is going to try and seek out Owlbear and strike up a bit of a conversation with him, try to have another person watching his back


Male Undine Inquisitor 1

Ondir looks around as the crew is getting their rum and makes note that a fair number of his party aren't getting their ration. Great, I better not try anything tonight, I feel like I'm being watched. He takes his rum to the table and drinks it down. Damn, that's strong. Just hope I can avoid it next time.

Fort save, con damage, cha bonus, duration: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 71d3 ⇒ 21d4 ⇒ 31d8 ⇒ 5

Before the drink has a chance to really work through him, Ondir finds Sandara and strikes up a conversation. "Quite an eventful day, hopefully things won't get too bad tomorrow. I'm going to see to the others, I can see some signs of fever in most of them. I haven't checked myself over, so I wouldn't mind if you would do that for me." Feeling the fatigue of the day and the drink he parts from Sandara and heads down to tend to the others.

Will mainly tend the wounds, wash with clean water, and use some supplies from the healer's kit, just to make sure.
Heal check to tend to Antal: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 = 15
Heal check to tend to Riffelan: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 16
Heal check to tend to Kithranna: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 16

7/10 uses of the healer's kit left. Ondir's nightly activity will be to sleep.


Antal

As Antal finally lies in his hammock, he falls into a much needed sleep.
Please make a Perception-check with a -5 penalty for sleeping.

Valen
Owlbear sits lonely on deck, leaning on the reling. He chews on some live crabs - a small detriment from his sad lonliness.

Sandara
Heal Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
I'd be glad to do that. Do you feel any dizzyness or hot skin? ... After the examination she tells you the correct diagnose if she beated DC 10. Otherwise she is just unsure and tells you to ask the ship-surgeon.


Male Undine Inquisitor 1

Looks like Sandara beat the DC 10 check...

"A bit in the morning, then today I haven't been able to focus as well. Didn't think much of it until I saw Antal's ravings. Then I got a good look at the others, I doubt my luck at avoiding the fever."

Ondir's done for the night, will be waiting to see what happens to Antal and Valen.


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

Perception check 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 8 - 5 = 21


Antal hears a few persons sneaking up to his hammock...


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

Antal attempts to tumble off the hammock in to a dark corner to hide.

Acrobatics check 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 - 2 = 16
Stealth check 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 11 - 2 = 18

When he believes he is hidden Antal draws one of his blades.


Valen approaches the giant man, drinking his rum ration as he ambles over.

Fort Save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Con Dmg 1d3 ⇒ 2
Chr Bonus1d4 ⇒ 1
Duration1d8 ⇒ 1

Valen leans against the railing next to Owlbear, contemplating how live crabs might taste.

"Evening, Owlbear. You feeling okay? Sorry Mr. Scourge made us fight. I would much rather have you as a friend than an enemy. Especially with that nasty right hook." Massaging his jaw, he runs his tongue across the missing teeth. Raising his grog to Owlbear, he smiles. [b]"A toast, to friends.[/dice]


Antal notices three crew-members with a jug of rum sneaking up on his sleeping-place...

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

...

Owlbear gives one of his moron-smiles on Valens nice words. U wanna crab? Yummy! Caution! Always bite through first, else might pinch mouth! Owlbear always shares crabs with friends! Owlbear likes being friends!


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

Antal will wait in the shadows until the three move on. If they stick around waiting for him, he will try to sneak back out on deck where he will find an empty mug of rum and pretend to already be well on his way to a drunken stupor.


The pirate-flunkies spend a moment searching for Antal, but to no avail... Who would have thought that the halfling hid unter that loose floor-board in the space between the floor of this deck and the ceiling under it?

Some minutes later, Antal tries to bluff his pursuers by pretending drunkenness...

Bluff-Check please! DC is the Pirates' Sense Motive-check:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

Bluff check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Stumbling from sheer exhaustion due to fever, Antal has little trouble pretending to be drunk.


Valen grimaces at the prospect before him but steels his stomach as he gingerly picks up a crab. He tries to conceive how best to eat it. As he is contemplating, he turns to Owlbear.

"Thanks for sharing, friend. So, Mr. Scourge isn't very nice, huh? What would you think of one of your friends was in charge instead of him? Would you like that better?"

Any checks to eat a crab unscathed? Or just assume I manage it?


Decide yourself. Ain't no use in making checks for things as minor as a pinch in the tongue.

Owlbear answers a bit too loud for Valen to feel comfortable, as curious faces turn to them for a moment.

I like you and this little man to be boss here!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Elf Ranger 1

Let's move on tomorrow so I can .. still ... be .... unconscious. damn


Valen winces at Owlbear's volume and pats his on the shoulder. "Alright, my friend. I'll keep that in mind. Good night, Owlbear. And thanks for the snack." Suppressing a shudder, he takes a bite of the crab, trying not to lose his dinner. With that, Valen heads off to his bed and goes to sleep.

Ready for next day.


Female Slyph Bard (Sea Singer) 1
Kithranna wrote:
Let's move on tomorrow so I can .. still ... be .... unconscious. damn

Seconded, though Valen was due the spotlight as was Antal.


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

Antal retires for the night on deck.

Ready for the next day, too.


Male Undine Inquisitor 1

Alright lets start the next day... with disease checks for those of us fighting off filth fever. Ondir is at 12/13 con (from the drink last night). Filth Fever says save 2 consecutive, so here's hoping Ondir makes it. I'm assuming they plan to throw Riffelan and Kithranna in even with Kithranna being in the negatives still, so I'll act on that.

Fort check to fight filth fever a second time: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 Plus a bonus if Sandara tended to my disease, I think I just edged by either way, whew.

Waking up slightly early, Ondir will spend his time preparing his spells and then cast a cure light wounds on Kithranna. Seeing only a little improvement, he'll cast his second and hope he won't need to cast healing spells again today. He speaks in elven as Kithranna comes to, "Sorry to bring ye back to consciousness for the punishment you're going to be put to, but I think your chances against the heat are better if you're not knocked out when the punishment starts. It will be a long day. Good luck."
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Meh, sad rolls, but better than starting off in the negatives fighting off non-lethal heat damage.

Day's work: 1d6 ⇒ 3 Upper rigging work.

Climb up: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Fix rigging:
P Sailor 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 well I'm going to make use of that re-roll now, so it's done for the week in game.
P Sailor 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

As the work is called out Ondir find himself sent back up in the rigging. As Mr Plugg points to where he's working his eyes keep raising and raising until just below the crows nest. Well, I guess my day is going to be way up there. Can't help be see the pleasure in Mr Plugg's eyes giving me the highest rigging work he can. His climb up is just fine but as he starts working he feels a bit light headed, probably from shrugging off the fever. Hanging in the rigging he creates some water in the tankard at his side and drinks it slowly. Regaining his composure he sets himself to the task of working on the rigging. As he's working in the rigging he'll look for friendly, or at least not hostile faces of the other riggers working in the rigging or in the crows nest.

Ondir will aim to influence another rigger that's up in the upper rigging or in the crows nest. Not sure who would be up there, so I'll leave that up to the Tim's choice.


Moonday, 14th of Abadius, 4711 AR, se
In the morning, Riff and Kithranna are led to the hotbox, a metal-cube right on deck. The box is too small for one person to be comfortable and Kithranna and Riffelan are put there together. The box smells of urine and worse things. There are some spots on the metal-walls, where rests of burned skin hang.

Have fun, you too!" Mr. Scourge says as he locks the box from the outside.

Riffelan:
You clearly feel that a heavy storm is going to build. That clearly will reduce your punishment to aching limbs and problems with problems with excrements.

@Ondir: Yes, you can assume that Sandara helped you.

The other riggers are Samms Toppins, the former fisher-woman who never wears shoes, "Ratline" Rattsberger, a halfling with only seven fingers, Maheem, the big unfriendly Rahadoumi, Syl Lonegan, a close-mouthed but angry-faced woman and Tam Tate, the sadistical dwarf that likes to act as Master Scourges minion.

As for the rigger-tasks, the upcoming winds and rain make it more difficult (-2).


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

Fortitude save w/ Adaptable Luck 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 2 + 4 = 26

Antal awakes feeling somewhat better and hoping the worst is over. He heads for the galley to resume his duties.

Ambrose sobriety check 1d100 ⇒ 45

I suppose it was too much to ask for Ambrose not to be drunk today.

Cook's Mate task check 1d6 ⇒ 4

Turtles...I do not know if I can stomach turtle soup tonight.

Antal heads for the deck to set up some hooks and nets to capture the leatherback turtles. After setting up he heads for Grok's store to get Valen's equipment. After hearing the rumors about what Owlbear said, we best be armed to the teeth from here on out.

Profession Fisherman check while shopping 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 - 2 = 5

Approaching the quartermaster's store, Antal cheerfully greets Grok, "Hello, my beautifully tusked friend! Sorry I have not been around to see you lately. It seems the bilges got the better of me yesterday. How are you fairing this day? Listen, I was hoping I might purchase the return of Valen's equipment for the same price as before...5 gold, was it?"

Diplomacy check w/ Adaptable Luck 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 = 23


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1

@ Ondir

Thanks my friend. Though I don't know why I would be, oh ya I must have been caught, some stealthy Ranger I turned out to be, maybe my mother was right.

After being put in the box he will pull Riff into his lap, and give her a light kiss.

We seem to keep finding ourselves together and while I am not against the company especially yours, I understand why I am in the box, but why are you?


The turtle-soup is rather thin in the evening, containing by far not enough turtle. Antal is pretty sure, that the punishment for this watery soup will be another day in the bilges hunting rats. ...your task for tomorrow. Ironically, you will be much better at this, I guess. But it is NASTY, SMELLY work! :-P

It is a rather pitiful sight, seeing Ambrose on the floor, covered in some shards of a jar he broke as he slipped on his own "pavement pizza". Now his redded eyes are awkwardly twisted and saliva or worse runs out of his snoring mouth. Bezebel sits on him and turns the misery into a fortune by picking up the firm parts of Ambrose's puke. As Antal enters, the chicken says: Wooooaaaalk! as if nothing has happened.

Grok is obviously delighted to see Antal. Yeah, five gold. Ask me if you need anything.

Concerning the size of the hotbox, Riffelan and Kithranna have no other choice as sitting on each other. What's arousing at first, turns into a stinking, sweaty affair soon after.


Female Slyph Bard (Sea Singer) 1

Groaning when the elf pulls her to him, she is blazing hot with fever. Various cuts have turned to scabs, the viscous rat bite on her arm stinking and festering.

Uh, what, Aunty ? she says with dry parched lips, blinking repeatedly.

Oh, Kith. Good ta'see that yer up, F*CKER! the slap is fast catching Kith unaware and while it connects with a loud pop it leaves only a sleight red mark. hoping that a bit of fluff and assumption is ok

As fast as the slap lands Riff twists in his lap and grasps him into a hung. Oh I didn't me ta do that. Last night, well I am sorry for that too. What you said after you refused me ma’gold. I just couldn’t take it. I’m a-sorry I drew my knife on you. I’m a-sorry that I was so wroth that ya had to slap me wit’yer pummel. I knew that none of that mattered when ya crashed into the Officer's Door and the bolt slammed you in the chest. Thanks be to Ondir, he managed to take control of the situation, and heal ya up. Forgive me my love. It’s just this damn ship, its doing something ta us. It’s making us crazy. Please don’t ruin us by being mad at me.

The speech is froth with subtle clues, queer shifts of speech and odd touching. Odd touching for Rith would be something in a non-sexual or flirting nature.

Using Bluff to convey a secret message – DC 20 for a complex message. If I fail its up to Kith how he wants to proceed. If I fail by 5 or more the completely wrong message gets delivered. Naturally if I make it Kith will get the message. I will be ok with ever wacky thing Dustin comes up with for Kith to believe. Others can listen in and check with Sense Motive to get an idea of wants going on. Oh and looking back I don’t think Ondir rolled a Bluff check, it seems like he should seeing how we are indeed lying. Up to Tim I guess.

Bluff Check to Pass along a Secret Message – the message being tour little story, to cover his a$$, and to follow along stupid 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 1 = 13


Female Slyph Bard (Sea Singer) 1

I damn near Kevined that! Have fun with it Kith!


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1

Ow, what was that for.

Stunned Silence after a minute of Riff not talking.

I know I am fault for this more than you. But if you ever do something like that again I will treat you like the wh0re you are!

With that after we are locked in. He will grab her by the though till she starts to coke than kiss Riff passionately. With a whisper in her ear.

I hope this was for their benefit.


Female Slyph Bard (Sea Singer) 1

When the look crossed his eyes after the slap Riff doubted for second that he may be to thick headed to catch the point. But when his hands locked around her throat she new that all was well.

Hot with fever and a carnal passion Riff smiled a cunning, hard, and cruel smile. One part predatory cat the other lovely wanton.

As he took her, she whispered back Ay, but not all theirs, mine is better by far.

Laying on her back underneath 'her' warrior she noticed the storm coming in.

Sweet mother of storms, punish the wicked unbelievers.

looks like the sweatbox is more like the sweetbox


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

After buying back Valen's gear, he trot off to find him. "Valen, I believe this equipment belongs to you, my friend." In quieter tones, "Keep your eyes and ears open. I am sure Owlbear's outburst will bring about retribution."

Sweat boxes are no joke. They are not just small rooms without food and water.


Task 1d6 ⇒ 4 Hauling Rope
Strength check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 working diligently
Constitution check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 And....Kevined it.

Valen awakes the next morning, washing his mouth out to get rid of what he thinks is crab after taste. Finding out his task for the day, he goes to it with vigor, hoping to keep his head down lest anything happens with Owlbear's conversation. Taking a quick water break, he smiles as he sees Antal bringing his gear to him. Listening to the halfling's words, he begins to secure on his gear, nodding slowly.

"I figured as much. While I did not mean to draw attention, I figured having that brute on our side would be beneficial. How fair Rif and Kith? I can't imagine the horrors of that sweatbox."

As he is working (and while talking to Antal), he is puffing and seriously out of breath. Maybe...I shouldn't have worked...so hard...Gonna kill myself...before the day is out...at this...rate...

And how is rolling a 9 almost Kevining it Ross? Lol


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

I believe we are ready for our nighttime actions...well, those of us not stuck in a space too confining for a gnome.

Antal shows up for rum rations then tries to sneak it to Riffelan and Kithranna to ease their pain.

Stealth check w/ last Adaptable Luck 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 2 = 21


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1

Kithranna will accept the rum. Stealth check to pass it back after one of us drinks it. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20.

Riff please drink something you are looking terrible. At least we are in this together.

If she doesn't Kith will.


Female Slyph Bard (Sea Singer) 1

Riff twiches, eyes fluttering, then opening.

A couple of sneezes rain on the Half-Elf, and Riff looks completely ashamed.

Ugg ss-orry. Yess it's nice to have ssoome alone time. It's ssoo ka-ka-cold in here. It's like to snow. Aren't you freezing?

Belting back the rum 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16 without a second thought. Maybe it will help me warm up


Fort 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 wow, just...wow. So 1s aren't auto fails on saves right? And the DC to avoid getting addicted is a 5?

Duration1d8 ⇒ 8
Con Dmg1d3 ⇒ 3
Chr Bonus1d4 ⇒ 4

How the hell do I min the first one and max everything else? lol

Valen chokes down his rum ration, coughing and choking as it burns its way down. Ye gods, that was worse than ever! Perhaps...I need to take it easy... Waving to Owlbear and giving a forlorn glance to Kith and Riff, he finds a quiet corner below decks to check the condition of his arms and armor.

Unless anything else comes up, Valen's nighttime action is to sleep


Male Undine Inquisitor 1

Winds, great. Well good thing I used my re-roll... then again if the winds are building maybe I should had held off on that. As well, that's the risk of using it. Lets see, Ondir hasn't tried to influence "Ratline" Rattsberger, Maheem, Syl Lonegan, and Tam Tate. Knowing Tam's a minion of Master Scourge he's not even going to try for the dwarf. So Ratline it is.

Ondir looks in the direction of the wind, trying to see what sort of weather is coming. Hoping to not see a storm brewing in the next day.
Survival DC 15 to predict the weather over the next 24 hours: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Noticing the halfling working nearby he calls out, "How goes your work, mate? The winds have picked up a bit, hope they ain't a sign of a coming storm. Though there's always been something about storms that draws to me. Not to mention that they look quite different from below. Some storms above are fairly bad but below they are quite nice, even a majestic sight. Though when the seas surge there's quite a storm under the waves as well."

Sense motive to determine Ratline's initial attitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Diplomacy check to influence him, provided he's not hostile to me: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

When the call for the end of the day comes, Ondir is glad to climb down. He accepts the rum ration and secretly disposes of it.
Stealth to dispose of the rum: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 2 = 18

Assuming the lovebirds are released at the end of the day Ondir will check up on them.


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

Nighttime action will be to steal from a locker, hoping to find something that will help him down in the bilges tomorrow.

Antal will head for a locker down below he knows to belong to a Scourge crony.

Perception check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Thinking the area clear for the moment, Antal gets to work on the lock.

Disable Device 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Stealth 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Ondir

You can't discern Rats' attitude. Still wanna try to influence?

Kith&Riff

Some deckhand appears in the evening and releases you from the sweatbox. You are exhausted for the next 24 hours (-6Str/Dex, don't run, don't charge), because your bones ache like hell.

Antal

Do you want to try to get into the officers' chambers? I'm not sure if I understood it correctly.


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

No, I wanted to try to break in to one of the lockers used by one of the pirates in Scourge's gang. Sorry if that was unclear.


Male Undine Inquisitor 1

yea, I figure not able to figure out their initial attitude is at least better than openly hostile. The rule of thumb I'm using if they are currently hostile to me (even if I got it wrong) then I won't try to influence them. Ondir would figure it's best to spend his effort where it's most likely to net him some benefit. He'll probably try a time or two with everyone that starts hostile to him. Also will probably not try to influence a member of the crew who's already being influenced by another character, with some exceptions.

After checking in on Riffelan and Kithranna, seeing that all they really need is to rest without being confined in a box, Ondir settles into the nightly meal of thin turtle soup. Well at least it's not burnt. He looks over the others nearby and he spies Badger Medlar. I should keep trying to talk with her. I made a little bit of progress that last time. After finishing his soup he makes his way to talk with the half-elf.

Diplomacy to influence Badger Medlar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

After having a nice chat with the middle aged half-elf he'll head down and tend to the rest of the crew. Bolstered by his success the night before he'll skip using supplies from the healing kit.

Treating disease for the rest of the party still afflicted.
Antal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Kithranna: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Riffelan: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

That will be it for Ondir's nightly activity. Looks like I've succeeded on my heal checks, just barely for Antal.


Female Slyph Bard (Sea Singer) 1

Racked with pain from oh so many sources Riff heads to her hammock, not Kith's. Ondir finds her their moaning in her fitful sleep. She awakes with a wince as he touches the rat bite wound, moving for her dagger. But she sees who it is and lays back down.

What in the Nines do you want?

Though soon his intent is clear. She writhes in pain as he cleans the wound, and really is a wimp about the whole affair, but she thanks him all the same.

Thanks! IC and OOC

Rolling the Filth Fever saving throw for the following day, as Riff will take no nighttime action. If someone rouses her for her rum ration she takes it down with out complaint.

Fort Save Disease Treated down to 9 Con 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 - 1 = 10

Edit for the failure - Oh and the above 9 was as Kevining it as I ever want to be. This is worse...and really funny!

So when Riff wakes up and isn't very lucky at all Constitution Damage 1d3 ⇒ 3, Dexterity Damage 1d3 ⇒ 1. I am assuming that a nights rest gets rid of the -6 Dex from the Sweatbox. There is no set time when the disease hits so I just say in the morning because it makes sense.

6 of 10 Constitution 6 of 8 Hit points -2 Fortitude. My HP tracking is all messed up at this point. When she wakes she casts Cure light wounds, just to shore up any stuff I forgot.

12 of 16 Dexterity -2 to AC, Reflex, and related skills.

Hey at least I am at four damage for both.

She looks freaking terrible when she stumbles on Deck for work in the morning. Green around the eyes, red buring cheeks, sweating though she is wearing next to nothing, dirty, puss running down her arm from the reopened rat bite.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1

At Ondir's touch Riff... Oh it's you, thank you for your care.

First Filth Fever Save I had a 3 day onset
Fort 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 4 = 22

I am not sure why you keep checking on me I feel fine.

Riff and I are exhausted until nighttime actions (24hrs) Ross and that didn't go away over night.

Kith will check on Riff. And I thought you looked bad in the box. I think that took more out of you than we realize. No don't get up I will bring you something to eat and drink.

At break fast he will grab bread and water for Riff and speak to Ondir. Riff looks terrible I know you have made some friends here could you try and make sure Riff does not work today, I am afraid for her.

Back at Riff You stay here and I will check on you throughout the day. With a light kiss on the hot forehead he will leave.

Task for the day Swab 1d6 ⇒ 2 Rat catcher Oh boy again, I know this job will be the death of me.

I will hunt for rats on the crew level to keep an eye on Riff and do my job. Survival 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 2 = 23

With that if anyone argues about Riff he will show his got and say Riff got half of them.


Female Slyph Bard (Sea Singer) 1

Oh ya huh, duh. Thats what I get for posting to early in the morning, before coffee.

Taking back the reporting for chores - she wouldn't even be able to get out of bed, well she could but why would she want to.

hack, hack, hack...shiver, groan...Let'em fraking whip me!


Antal

Antal can easily determine, which locker belongs to that nasty dwarf Tam Tate. With a routinely twist of his hand, the halfing opens the poor lock of the locker as if there was no lock at all.

Perception to see, if somebody noticed this: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Unfortunately, right at the moment, Antal stretches his greedy hands into Tam's locker, the dwarf himself turns around a corner. What are you doing with my locker?!

And then, he draws a sap and takes a threatening pose.

I will continue my post later, not much time today.


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

Given his recent bout of hallucinations and the very loud and public displays those took on, Antal decides to play it as another such instance.

"Tam, I think I know which locker is mine. And if you would kindly put your clothes back on, I think I may have something in here for that unsightly frog on your head."

Bluff check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Hey guys, sorry, I'm a bit in a trouble of keeping up. I hope you don't mind, that I reduce this post to the most important things.

Ratsline is now friendly towards Ondir.
Badger is now indifferent towards Ondir.

Riff

Yes, you are awakened for the rum. And the exhaustion lasts 24 hours, no matter how much sleep you get, because it reprensents mainly the fact that the two of you were in a sweatbox meant for only one person...

Antal

Tam seems to buy it. No, it ain't yers. Git yer dirty hands of it, I say. With these words, the ugly dwarf just pushes Antal away from the locker. Next time I'll chop your greedy hands off!


Female Slyph Bard (Sea Singer) 1

I get ya Tim. I just don't see Riff getting up. I wouldn't

Rum- Fortitude 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 = 7

Slamming down the gut rot with narry a word she goes back to a fit full sleep.

I won't be posting a nighttime action or a daytime action other than Poison checks, put will wait to see what the IC morrow brings. The following nighttime action I will post an IC post.


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

Hurrying away from Tam's locker, Antal has to wipe both the sweat from his brow and the nervous grin from his face. I best just get to bed before I get in to more trouble than I can handle.

Fort vs. Filth Fever w/ Adaptable Luck 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 + 4 = 9

Damn.

Filth Fever damage [Dex; Con] 1d3 ⇒ 11d3 ⇒ 2

Although clearly out of it, Antal reports for bilge duty knowing Plugg and Scourge won't hesitate to come get him regardless of his condition.

Tim, if you are busy I can run the combat myself. Just let me know how many of what monsters I will be facing and their general tactics.


Male Undine Inquisitor 1

Badger was already moved from unfriendly to indifferent as result of a previous influence check. Should I assume she moved to friendly then?

@Antal, I think it's just under the swab's tasks #2, just you're working in the bilges. So probably not dire rats again. Still not pleasant to be hunting any rats in the hot bilges all day long. Looks like we're all done with the night activities, so on to the next day.

Hearing Kithranna comment about his health Ondir will merely reply in elven, "Well, I still see signs that the rat bites aren't healing well. Seeing those two suffer it might be best just to keep those bites tended to. That it unless ye really don't want the care. Sailors tend to die from combat, drowning, and disease. Usually not old age, unless they are lucky enough to retire."

As they next day rises, Ondir feels better than he has in the past mornings, finally able to get a good night's rest without fighting off the fever. After buckling his sword and mug to his belt he heads up to get some breakfast and start the new day.

Work for the day: 1d6 ⇒ 5, Lookout

Turning to Kithranna he replies, "Yes, I was worried about that. The fever can take the body's resolve it needs to fight the fever, making the fever last until it wins. I'll ask around, though the best chance we have is to hope either Sandara or Habbly has access to a certain spell. The fever needs to break first before she can recover." Before continuing the shout for the day's task is called out, with a loud call for 'fishhead' to be sent up to the crow's nest. Finishing his breakfast quickly he says, "Well I better ask before I have to head to the crow's nest."

Ondir will ask Sandara if she has the ability to heal ability damage. If so, he will request that she help out Riffelan. Would that take any action or roll? Diplomacy for simple or complicated aid would seem about right.
Diplomacy to make the request: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Before the start of work officially comes and he's sent up to the crow's nest Ondir heads over to Sandara. "It was a bit windy up in the rigging yesterday and they're sending me all the way to the crow's nest today, probably be just as windy, maybe even more." He looks out towards the direction the wind was coming from yesterday. "Anyways, I just wanted to ask you about Riffelan. The fever has taken a toll on her and she's struggling to fight it, even with the disease being tended to. I'm not powerful to do anything other than tend to the wounds, but maybe you can draw more favor from the Pirate Queen. Would be a shame to see our short staff reduced because of some rats. Might want to check on Antal as well, a day in the bilges isn't likely to help him fight the fever he has." Ondir's head whips around at the sound of boots approaching. "Looks like I have to go, I don't think I can dawdle much longer on deck without getting few bashes or a lashing. I'll catch up at dinner."

Climb; Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 221d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Leaving just a few steps ahead of being reprimanded Ondir swings up into the rigging with sure hands and feet and makes his way up to the lookout. Keeping a sharp eye on their surroundings is easy, but he focuses a fair bit of his time looking in the direction of the wind.

Survival to predict the weather for the next day: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

Oh, I see now.

Antal heads down in to the bilges, coughing and wheezing from the fever. Well, at least I do not have to deal with cleaning fish today. Of course the smell is mostly the same down here.

Having to basically swim in the wretched water of the bilges, the work is unbelievably tiring even without having to deal with the Filth Fever contracted down in the same hole.

Strength check 1d20 ⇒ 6

Antal drags himself up on deck after grueling hours in the sweaty bilges, more exhausted than he has ever been in his life. Some start to my pirating career. If I die from the bite of a vermin I hereby vow to spend the rest of time itself haunting this accursed ship.

Ready for nighttime action, which will mean straight to bed for Antal.


Bilge-duty doesn't mean killing dire rats. These nasty critters were just a one-time event. Under normal circumstances, there are only ordinary rats and sometimes spiders in the bilges. So no combat required.

@Ondir: Yes, you are right. Badger is friendly then because the DCs go down with each better step.

Toilday, 15th of Abadius, 4711 AR, 7th day of the journey

Sandara seems a little sad about Ondir's request, or more specifically her inability to help: Oh I wish I could help. But my magic is by far not strong enough to cure diseases. I think I can help with the weakness tomorrow. I will ask the Pirate Queen for some strengthening magic. I suggest rest, hot drinks and a lot of sleep. Sad tough that all of this is a bit scarce on this ship.

Next day's weather will clearly be a powerful storm, as Ondir can tell from the heavy black clouds on the horizon and the nervous demeanor of the fish-swarms in the clear blue water.

To faciliate my administration, I will now give you Sandara's statistics. She is helpful towards you, so you may use her in any way you like, as long as I don't tell you otherwise:

Sandara Quinn:

Female human cleric of Besmara 3
CG Medium humanoid (human)
Init +1; Senses Perception +2
DEFENSE
AC 11, touch 11, flat-footed 10 (+1 Dex)
hp 20 (3d8+3)
Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +5
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee mwk rapier +4 (1d6+1/18–20)
Ranged heavy crossbow +3 (1d10/19–20)
Special Attacks channel positive energy 5/day (DC 13, 2d6),
surge (+5)
Domain Spell-Like Abilities (CL 3rd; concentration +5)
5/day—copycat (3 rounds)
Cleric Spells Prepared (CL 3rd; concentration +5)
2nd—instant armor* (DC 14), slipstream*D, summon monster II
1st—command (DC 13), doom (DC 13), inflict light wounds
(DC 13), obscuring mistD
0 (at will)—bleed (DC 12), create water, purify food and
drink, stabilize
D Domain spell; Domains Trickery, Water (Oceans
subdomain*)
* See the Advanced Player’s Guide.
STATISTICS
Str 13, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 14
Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 14
Feats Athletic, Combat Reflexes, Scribe Scroll
Skills Appraise +4, Bluff +6, Climb +3, Heal +6, Knowledge
(religion) +4, Profession (sailor) +8, Stealth +5, Swim +4
Languages Common
Combat Gear scrolls of cure light wounds (2), scroll of cure
moderate wounds; Other Gear heavy crossbow with 20 bolts,
dagger, masterwork rapier, Besmara’s tricorne (see page 58),
clay pipes (3), ebony holy symbol of Besmara, pouch of Old
Deep Rum-soaked pipe tobacco, tindertwigs (10); Locker
35 gp


Male Undine Inquisitor 1

Where are we at? Now that the holiday weekend is over for many of us. I don't see any action from Valen for the current day, seems like the rest of us are ready for the bloody hour and evening activity.

Over the day Ondir watches the dark clouds on the horizon. On his trips down he calls out for all on deck to hear, "Storm brewing on the horizon should hit within the next day." He'll approach the crew he's he befriended and the other party members and give a more detailed warning, "Even the fish underwater are troubled by it. I expect the storm to be bad, probably toss some high waves at us. I expect we'll need all capable hands during this storm. I suggest resting up well tonight, or indulging if you wish to, don't know how long the storm might last."

After dinner and a chance to talk with Sandara, Ondir will likely heed his own advice. After tending the sick party he'll get to sleep.

401 to 450 of 472 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeon Blaster´s Skulls and Shackles Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.