Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Desna's Chosen

Game Master MythrilDragon


2,851 to 2,900 of 3,718 << first < prev | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | next > last >>
Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8

Belril continues to hold onto the door with all the force he can muster, his fatigue getting the best of him once again.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 VS DC18, fail

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 Str check

Keep moving, I don't think I can hold her off! Belril shouts up towards the stairs.


Moring Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

Kern grabs up Victor's cast aside weapon while Belril continues to hold the door and insist the other get upstairs. Ameiko continues her soft song of encouragement from the corner.

Tstuo lashes out a Orik but the half-elfs elbow and kick bounce harmlessly of the warriors tough armor.

Tsuto flurry of blows vs Orik 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Sophy is up


Female Human Lore Oracle 5

After Orik has shoved past her to deal with Tsuto, Sophy crouches over the fallen elf's body on the landing. "Eponine!" she begs her in an anguished whisper, laying her hand on her shoulder. "Wake up!"

cure moderate wounds on Eponine 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 = 11
AC 14; hp 11/30
effects: light on crossbow, fatigued


Moring Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

Sophy sends healing warmth into the still form of Eponine who's eyes quickly flutter open. The elf finds herself on the stairs, a slight bit confused as to where she is and what the commotion is all about.

End of Round

Round 11 (Round 10 of Inspire)
Init: Nualia, Eponine, Orik, Victor, Wren, Kern, Belril, Ameiko, Tsuto, Sophy.

The door is ripped out of Belril's hands as Nualia yanks it open, standing there she blocks any chance of the halfling pulling it closed again. She raises her bastard sword and scowls saying, "You will pay for disturbing me."

Nualia STR check 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

MAP Eponine you are up; I have you at 9 hp and prone.


Elven Rogue 3/Ranger (Guide) 1/Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 1 HPs 39/39 AC 17 FF 13 T 14 CMD 17 Fort +6 Ref +9 Will +4 Init +5 Per +10 (+1 vs. traps, +2 w/familiar)

Confused by the changes in her world while she was out, Eponine acts immediately, getting to her feet (move action) and readying her dagger (move action) after first going for her absent curved blade. As she does so, she takes in the scene around, preparing to act.

DM, what does Tsuto's inverted icon indicate?


Moring Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

Tsuto's Icon is upside down to remind me he is actually on the level above.

Eponine stands and draws a new weapon as Orik slashes with his long blade, but the half-elf easily avoids the stike.

Orik vs Tsuto 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 = 13

Next...


Male Human Fighter 5
Stats:
Hp's: 51/51; AC: 17/14/13; Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +2; Perc: +10; Init: +4

As Nualia manages to open the door, Victor realizes they trapped. Since running is no longer an option, Victor moves over a step or two and raises his bow and fires at the demonic looking woman.

Move to P 21

Longbow w/PB & DA: 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 1 = 26
Damage w/PB & DA: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8

Wren and Kern are up.


AC 13, HP 34/34; F+3, R+3, W+5, Per+4, Init.+2, AoO+2

Caught up in the traffic, there is nothing Wren can do at this juncture.

DM, is there any way Orik can start 5' stepping to help clear out the stairs?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Weapon Master) 5

With a sigh, Kern steps back towards the door and attacks Nualia from around the corner with Victor's sword.

5-ft step to beside Belril. Using longsword two-handed.
Longsword: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 8 - 1 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8

Belril sneered at Nualia, refusing to be cowed.

How tough can you be? It took you half a minute to overpower a halfling who hasn't slept all night. Now your going to regret managing it.

Waiting to see if Kern hit with the 22.


Moring Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

Victor repositions and fires at Nualia as she is coming through the door. Did you account for -4 firing into combat? You still hit even if you didn't. Also don't forget the +1 from Inspire Courage. His arrow flies true and plants itself into her shoulder. Wren hesitates unsure what to do with the stairway blocked up. Kern adjusts his grip on Victor's sword and swings it over Belril's head, cutting a nice slash across the women's up raised arms.

update to the map Belril up...

EDIT: Question, the sword Kern has is a magical sword that Victor had right?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Weapon Master) 5
Mythril DM wrote:
EDIT: Question, the sword Kern has is a magical sword that Victor had right?

I'm not actually sure, so I didn't include any magic bonuses in my rolls above. I also forgot to include the +1 inspire courage bonus. Finally, Victor has Precise Shot, so doesn't take the -4 penalty for firing into melee.


Moring Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

Victor confirmed what I thought the sword is a +1, I will adjust the damage to include it and the inspire; Thanks I forgot about his precious shot feat which even if he didn't he scored a hit.

Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8

Sorry gang, busy weekend.

Belril leered up at Nualia but did note that the bastard sword looked very nasty. He realised Kern could be killed if he stepped back to use his sling, so instead he tossed it aside in favor of fully committing to melee. He drew a vicious looking, goblin dog-slicer from his belt and slashed for her legs.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 Crit threat
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 Crit confirmation (+1 from Low Blow)
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Extra damage, if confirmed.

Hit AC19 for 11 damage.


Moring Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

Belril flings aside his staff and in one fast motion draws his blade and slashes the demonic tainted woman.

In the corner Ameiko continues to try and encourage her rescuers.

Upstairs Tsuto strikes out a Kern again with another combination of kicks and an elbow the smacks the warrior on the side of the head.

Tsuto Vs Kern, flurry of blows 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12; 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Sophy is up...updated map


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Weapon Master) 5
Mythril DM wrote:

Upstairs Tsuto strikes out a Kern again with another combination of kicks and an elbow the smacks the warrior on the side of the head.

Tsuto Vs Kern, flurry of blows 1d20+3; 1d20+3 Damage 1d6+1

I presume you mean Orik there, as Kern isn't up the stairs with Tsuto? :)

Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8

Fighters can't have nice things, including clones to be in two places at once ;).


Moring Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

Yes, ORIK I have done that more than once...I am not sure why I am insisting that you are the one playing the NPC. :)


Female Human Lore Oracle 5

"We're trapped!" Sophy explains to the awakened Eponine. "Tsuto's blocking the top of the stairs, and Belril's trying to hold off Nualia at the bottom!" She turns back to Orik, grimacing from the smack in the side of the head. "Please, we need you!" she tells him, laying her hand on his arm and willing his spinning head to steady. "You have to clear the way!"

cure light wounds on Orik 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
AC 14; hp 11/30
effects: light on crossbow, fatigued


Moring Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

Sophy feels a warmth rush from her hands as she puts her hands on Orik's back and thinks she sees the swelling and bruise under his eye fade.

End of Round

Round 12 (Round 11 of Inspire)
Init: Nualia, Eponine, Orik, Victor, Wren, Kern, Belril, Ameiko, Tsuto, Sophy.

Nualia grasp's her bastard sword, and with a whirl brings it down on Belril. Blood drips from the newly formed wound. She then steps back down the hall, her eyes daring the halfling to follow her as she grins a wicked, knowing smile.

Nualia vs Belril 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27 Damage 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
5' step to L20

Map...Eponine is up

Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8

Hurt but still willing to fight on, Belril speaks to Kern.

Don't take her bait and don't ruin my shot. Stay near the doorway and strike first, if she chooses to press the attack he said, eyeing his fallen sling staff and reaching eagerly for it.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Weapon Master) 5

Kern nods silently to Belril's words and stands ready.

Ready action to attack Nualia if she moves back in reach.
Longsword: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 - 1 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 = 14

HP: 23/45; AC 16


Elven Rogue 3/Ranger (Guide) 1/Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 1 HPs 39/39 AC 17 FF 13 T 14 CMD 17 Fort +6 Ref +9 Will +4 Init +5 Per +10 (+1 vs. traps, +2 w/familiar)

Sophy, switch places with me so I can help Orik!

I guess Delay until Sophy's action so we can switch places? I don't think I have a line of sight to shoot or throw at Tsuto.

Eponine gently sets a hand on Sophy's shoulder and adds quietly And thank you.


Male Human Fighter 5
Stats:
Hp's: 51/51; AC: 17/14/13; Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +2; Perc: +10; Init: +4

I'm after Orik, so, will go on and post since what he does won't have any affect on what I do.

Seeing Nualia back away, "Oh no you do not!" Victor takes a few steps over so he can get a clear shot. "Where are you going? Why do you not stay and visit a while, DEMON WOMAN!" He yells as he fires again.

Move to P 20

Longbow w/PB & DA: 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 1 + 1 = 24
Damage w/PB & DA: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Moring Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

Eponine, You will have to wait for Sophy to move on her action if you want to take her spot, she should have used her move action to come down the stairs after healing Orik, but Sophy is well...Sophy :) Sophy is not in a threatened square so she can leave with out provoking an AOO. If you are impatient and want to attack, I think its fair to say you can lean around the wall, on the stairs (its maybe 2-3 feet thick?) And your neighbor is an ally. You will take the -4 to attack into range combat, and I think the wall gives Tsuto some concealment (representing you have to lean around to get a good line of sight.) Do you want to adjust your action.


Elven Rogue 3/Ranger (Guide) 1/Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 1 HPs 39/39 AC 17 FF 13 T 14 CMD 17 Fort +6 Ref +9 Will +4 Init +5 Per +10 (+1 vs. traps, +2 w/familiar)

I'll continue to delay. With a dagger I'll be doing minimal help for Orik as it is with a dagger. No reason to dilute the potential effectiveness even more.


Moring Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

Eponine looks to see if there is anyway to help the mercenary, but decides Sophy is to much in the way

Orik grips his tower shield tightly and with a yell pushes forward at the half-elf blocking the way. Tsuto kicks low, trying to strike below the shield. The attack fails to harm the warrior, but neither of them move as the monk stands his ground atop the stairs.

Victor sidesteps across the chamber and shoots an arrow over Belril's head , striking Nualia in the chest. Kern stands ready to attack should she come back through the door.

Orik Bull Rush vs Tsuto 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 = 16
Tsuto AoO vs Orik 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Belril is up...MAP Update

Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8

Is she disabled or just on very low HP, can't quite tell.

Belril tossed aside the dogslicer, stepped back and picked up his sling staff, loading it in one swift motion even as he twirled it, and let fly a sling bullet at Nualia...

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Moring Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

Belril winds up and lets fly with his sling stone, as the demon Women utters some sort of curse. The bullets strikes her true, forming a welt under her eye.

Ameiko's voice wavers from exhaustion but, she continues to sing an inspiring song.

Tsuto lashes out at Orik again and plants his fist directly into the center of Orik's face. Blood pours out of the warriors broken nose and he drops his sword and shield and they clatter down the stairs to land at Sophy's feet.

She is low on hp but still up and fighting.

DM Screen:

1d10 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8, 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Stunning Fist vs Orik 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Orik FOR Save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Stunned

Sophy is up


Female Human Lore Oracle 5

Sophy shrieks as Orik's gear comes clattering down at her and the big warrior sways unsteadily from the power behind the blow. Remembering the spot Eponine was in when she couldn't pick up her curved blade without being slashed by a goblin, she reaches down to pick up Orik's sword, hoping she can hand it back to him when he recovers. "Tsuto!" she scolds the half-Tien man. "Go away!"

Move action: pick up Orik's sword; standard action: cast command: flee on Tsuto Will DC 15
AC 14; hp 11/30
effects: light on crossbow, fatigued

Sorry, Eponine, an effective -8 penalty to hit due to shooting into melee and soft cover to do a d4-1 of damage vs. a guy with basically full hp isn't worth leaving Orik up here in the way weaponless. You can go down and help fight Nualia; if you guys can take her out, we know there's another way upstairs from down there that Tsuto used to cut us off.


Moring Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

A peculiar look crosses over Tsuto's face as Sophy barks her order at him to leave.

Tsuto Will Save 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
End of the Round

Round 13 (Round 12 of Inspire)
Init: Nualia, Eponine, Orik, Victor, Wren, Kern, Belril, Ameiko, Tsuto, Sophy.

Nualia slams the door shut in Belril's face.

DM Screen:

2d8 + 2 ⇒ (5, 2) + 2 = 9

Map Update


Elven Rogue 3/Ranger (Guide) 1/Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 1 HPs 39/39 AC 17 FF 13 T 14 CMD 17 Fort +6 Ref +9 Will +4 Init +5 Per +10 (+1 vs. traps, +2 w/familiar)

For a instant, Eponine raises her dagger, thinking to hurl it at Tsuto. Not liking the chance of hitting Orik by mistake, she spins on her heal and blasts past Wren, seeking to either help against another threat or recover her blade to make herself more formidable. When she sees the others engaged with Nualia, she realizes her dagger will be of little use.

Double move to O16.

Sophy Cassell wrote:
Sorry, Eponine, ... isn't worth leaving Orik up here in the way weaponless.

Nothing to apologize for; rearming Orik is a great move. Running at Nualia with a dagger would be suicidal, and interfere with Belril and Kern's ability to get at her. So for now I'll recover my blade to be more effective when an opportunity arises.

Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8

Belril 5 foot stepped back last round, should be 1 square south.


Moring Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900
Belril Leokas wrote:
Belril 5 foot stepped back last round, should be 1 square south.

Sorry, I read that as descriptive text, not a move action. I will adjust the map.

Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8

Sure :).


Moring Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

Eponine returns down the stairs looking for a way to be useful in the fight. She races past Belril and reenters the prison cell chamber as she casts her eyes about looking to retrieve her fine elven curved blade.

Orik stands motionless at the top of the stairs, stunned and not taking any actions.

Victor you are up...


Moring Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

Map updated with Belril's correct position and Eponine's movement


Male Human Fighter 5
Stats:
Hp's: 51/51; AC: 17/14/13; Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +2; Perc: +10; Init: +4

As Nualia slams the door, "NO!!! Kern, please see if you can open the door so I can at least get a shot at her!" Victor asks as he takes aim just in case he can.

Delay until after Kern.


AC 13, HP 34/34; F+3, R+3, W+5, Per+4, Init.+2, AoO+2

Wren continues to wait in the hallway, torn as to which direction to go. "Ameiko, come on up here! When Orik gets the best of your brother, we have to be ready to get out of here!"


Moring Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

Kern, Belril, (Victor?)..


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Weapon Master) 5

Kern reaches over and opens the door (assuming it's unlocked and unheld), but keeps back out of the way so Victor can shoot.

Strength check in case force is needed: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 - 1 = 18

Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8

Have been waiting for Kern and whether the door would be forced open before declaring Belril's actions.


Male Human Fighter 5
Stats:
Hp's: 51/51; AC: 17/14/13; Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +2; Perc: +10; Init: +4

If Kern's able to open the door, and if Nualia is in sight then...

Longbow w/PB & DA: 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 1 + 1 = 22
Damage w/PB & DA: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8

I'm not a big fan of 'pre-posting' my action but just in case Mythril is waiting for me, i'll declare this action IF Kern gets the door open. I reserve the right to change it if he doesn't.

Action IF The Door Is Forced Open:

Belril lets fly with two sling stones at Nualia (assuming she is still there).

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Con check (fail)

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 1st Shot
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 2nd Shot
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Moring Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

CRAP! I posted the other day and it is missing again...hmmm >:{

Kern flings open the door easily to reveal an empty hallway.

Map updated

I assume both Belril and Victor (w/delayed action) will want to re post, sorry I made this exact post Thursday about an hour after Kern posted


Male Human Fighter 5
Stats:
Hp's: 51/51; AC: 17/14/13; Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +2; Perc: +10; Init: +4

Is there light through these tunnels? I ask because I figure they themselves need light to get around.

"NO! We cannot let her go! We must go after her; she has been wounded! Let us end this threat once and for all!" Victor states angrily.

Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8

Belril moves to K20.

Holding my standard action until I know what Belril can see.


Moring Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

BACK INTO THE FRAY...

The hallways and rooms have hooded lanterns hanging from the ceiling on chains. Its gloomy but lit.

After Kern flings open the door, Belril moves quickly down the hall. He pokes his head around the corner and sees a large temple chamber. A twin banks of stone pillars run the length of the long chamber. At the western end, shallow stairs rise to a platform about two feet off the ground. The walls surrounding this platform are lit by hanging braziers that emit glowing red smoke, giving the place an unnerving crimson lighting that throws the bas-relief carvings of countless monsters feasting on fleeing humans into lurid display. A black marble altar stone, squats before a ten-foot-tall statue. The sculpture depicts a very pregnant but otherwise shapely naked woman who wields a kukri in each taloned hand and has a long reptilian tail, bird-like taloned feet, and the snarling head of a three-eyed jackal with a forked tongue. Its left kukri flickers with fiery orange light while the right one glows with a cold blue radiance. Belril cannot see the entirety of the room from his vantage point.


Female Human Lore Oracle 5

Repost init for new page (and to remind us all where we are and what's going on)

Latest map link

Round 13 (Round 12 of Inspire)
Init: Nualia, Eponine, Orik, Victor (on delay), Wren, Kern, Belril, Ameiko, Tsuto, Sophy.

So Belril has a standard action left for his turn, Victor is delaying and can act when he wishes, and, DM, just to make sure you remember, Tsuto finally failed his Will save and has to move away for 1 round on his init. :)

2,851 to 2,900 of 3,718 << first < prev | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Desna's Chosen All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.