Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Shisumo's Jade Regent

Game Master Shisumo


151 to 200 of 1,943 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

28/28 hp

Initiative:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Male Human Summoner (Synthesist) 1/ Paladin 2

Init1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Though his symbiotic presence urges him to action, Gan's human side wins out. He's stunned to see such weaponry amongst goblins, and stands flustered and unready.


Male Varisian (human) Ranger 3

"Finally" Tristan hisses between clenched teeth.

Initiative:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Tristan lets his arrow fly at the closest goblin, then drops it and draws his sword.

Longbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20, damage1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Tristan's arrow pierces the side of one of the goblins and it gives a shrill cry, but all three charge unhesitatingly onward despite. The one Tristan shot veers toward him, while the other two focus their attentions on Lamsfel and Tybus respectively. Each calls out a war cry in Goblin as they charge, focusing relentlessly on their chosen foes.

Charging attack on Tristan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8, damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Charging attack on Lamsfel: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14, damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Charging attack on Tybus: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14, damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

You guys are all up. The goblins are mounted, and they are their wolves are directly in front of Lamsfel, Tybus and Tristan, with Callomeleth and Gan behind.


28/28 hp

"So much for discussing the finer points of architecture, huh?"

Lamsfel whips both swords out and, feinting with his right, tries to drive the left into the creature's ribs.

Mechanics:
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Current HP: 11/21, Strength Damage: 2 Channels Remaining: 3

Round 1

"By the Rose, those things can move!", Callomeleth shouts as the goblins race towards them. "Is féidir leis an Rós tú a threorú!", he cries, and a soft light emanates from him.

Elvish:

May the Rose guide you!

Mechanics:

Cast Bless, and put away my bow for now.


Male Varisian (human) Ranger 3

Tristan heaves his trusty sword at the oncoming goblin.

Blessed Greatsword attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21, damage 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 4) + 6 = 14


Lamsfel's feint proves ineffective - although the goblin seems fooled by the trick, its armor is less receptive to deception. As Callomeleth's magic guides Tristan's swing, however, his massive greatsword finishes what his bow began, very nearly cutting the goblin in two.

Gan and Tybus still to go.


Male Human Summoner (Synthesist) 1/ Paladin 2

Gan stands tall, despite his often-frail form. He advances towards the goblins, skillfully stabbing with the spear.

Move: To flank with someone if I can without drawing an AoO.

Standard: Attack with masterwork spear (flanking not included) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Crit Confirm1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

Tybus lets his bow fall as his hands move quickly to the katana. Willing arcane energy into the enchanted blade, he draws and strikes at the goblin before him.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Because the bridge is only wide enough to exactly accomodate the three wolves and their riders, even with one of the riders down there's no way to get behind them for a flank at this point without some rather impressive Acrobatics. Gan's attack is at an angle, although the goblin's position atop the wolf deprives it of cover from the railing.

Gan stabs one of the goblins deep, but it manages to stay in the saddle nonetheless. Tybus' draw was too quick for a proper aim, however, and his blade finds nothing but air.

The goblins maintain their focus on their original targets, still screaming challenges in Goblin, while the wolves now enter the fray at their masters' commands as well.

Wolf attack on Tristan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17, damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 plus trip attempt 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13.

Goblin attack on Lamsfel: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23, damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7; crit confirm 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7, crit damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Wolf attack on Lamsfel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3, damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 plus trip attempt 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14.

Goblin attack on Tybus: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15, damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Wolf attack on Tybus: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13, damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 plus trip attempt 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4.

Though the group defends itself fairly well, Lamsfel's foe manages to find another gap in his defenses, wounding him even further.

You guys are up.


28/28 hp

Further? Was I flat-footed to the first attack?


Male Varisian (human) Ranger 3

Tristan swings his sword in a wide arc, trying to catch two wolves in one blow.

Cleave attack (bless, favored enemy): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13, damage 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 4) + 8 = 17
If that hits... 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13, damage 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 5) + 8 = 15


Lamsfel wrote:
Further? Was I flat-footed to the first attack?

You lost initiative to them, so yes...?


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

Tybus stands his ground, bares his teeth and renews his assault on the goblin in front of him.

Katana attack (plus bless): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Tristan Tarrascon wrote:

Tristan swings his sword in a wide arc, trying to catch two wolves in one blow.

Cleave attack (bless, favored enemy): 1d20+7, damage 2d6+8
If that hits... 1d20+7, damage 2d6+8

Tristan's first strike ends one of the wolves outright, but the goblin rider of the second one tries to jerk his mount out of the way of the blow. Ride check, DC 13: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15. Although Tristan catches some fur with the tip of the sword, most of his energy winds up sending splinters of wood out of the already shaky-looking bridge.

Tybus:
I think your math is wrong - your attack should be Str +3 plus BAB +1 plus sword's normal enhancement +1 plus arcane point enhancement +1 plus bless +1, shouldn't it? Unless you didn't spend the point before, and you were just using arcane strike?

Lamsfel, Gan and Callomeleth still to go.


28/28 hp
DM Shisumo wrote:
Lamsfel wrote:
Further? Was I flat-footed to the first attack?
You lost initiative to them, so yes...?

I didn't think there was a surprise round since we seemed to be mutually aware. 13 points of damage for the dual-wielding elf, then.

Lamsfel grits his teeth against the near-mortal strike, but returns against the favor, trying to strike the goblin's mount. I'm assuming that Tristan dropped the wolf in front of him as opposed to the one in front of me - how many times can a rider try to negate an attack in a round?

Blessed Attack 1: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Blessed Attack 2: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

After his attacks, the elf steps back 5', glancing to see if the cleric is near. Hint, hint!


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

Shisumo:
Good point. Reading back to what I wrote , it certainly is confusing. The flavor of arcane strike versus arcane pool is so similar I realize I need to be very clear. Let's say I used the pool point for the first strike, which would mean I rolled a 21 to hit, and then damage would be Str +4 plus arcane strike +1 plus arcane pool +1 plus enchantment +1 for 14 points. Sound about right?


Male Human Summoner (Synthesist) 1/ Paladin 2
Lamsfel wrote:


I didn't think there was a surprise round since we seemed to be mutually aware. 13 points of damage for the dual-wielding elf, then.

I don't think there was a surprise round, but I believe Shisumo was saying that the gobbos won initiative. Even if both groups are mutually aware, if you haven't yet acted in battle you're flat-footed and denied your dex bonus (unless you have uncanny dodge, I believe).

Shisumo, I know I'm next to the guy I wounded, but if I can 5ft move and be next to an additional goblin, that's what I'll do before I attack. I will start by attacking the guy I stabbed with the spear, and if he falls I'll then attack any other goblins within reach. If there are no other goblins in reach, I'll attack the wolf.

Gan throws down his spear and lunges at the goblins, clawing and gnashing with his teeth.

First attack (bite), bless 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Bite Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Crit Confirm1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Additional Bite Damage1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Second attack (claw), bless 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Claw Damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Third attack (claw), bless 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Claw Damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Human Summoner (Synthesist) 1/ Paladin 2

Yeesh, what's with all the 20s? I NEVER roll like this, hehe.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Tybus' second strike is much, much more effective than his first, as he quite simply slits the throat of the goblin in front of him, who topples lifeless to the ground. Lamsfel's strikes against the wolf are almost as effective - although not quite mortal, it is clear the animal has no fight left in it as the elf's blades stab deep into its hide. Gan tears into the wolf in front of Tybus with his teeth and claws, displaying shocking ferocity for a man of his age and general demeanor - the wolf dies with speed, and the Tian mystic steps forward to deliver one final slash with a claw to the only goblin still fighting.

Callomeleth still to go. Currently, Tristan, Gan and Tybus all threaten the last surviving goblin, whose mount is at 0 hp and staggered.


Current HP: 11/21, Strength Damage: 2 Channels Remaining: 3

Callomeleth stares at the final goblin. "You're outnumbered and outmatched, creature. Flee while you still can!"

Mechanics:

Don't really have a shot right now, so Intimidate check!

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


The goblin looks unsettled by Callomeleth's demeanor for a moment, but it seems to draw upon some inner reserve of strength to shake off its doubts. With a mighty cry, it urges its mount forward and launches one more - possibly its last - attack on Lamsfel.

Katana attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8, damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

The wolf, however, trying to stay away from the warriors and their painful weapons, manages to confound its rider's blow, leaving the elf unhurt and the goblin and its mount completely surrounded.


Male Varisian (human) Ranger 3

Tristan growls: "Do we have any use for him alive or should I put him out of his misery?"


28/28 hp

"You choose. We can question others."

As he speaks, he strikes at the wolf again.

Primary: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Off-hand: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Primary crit?: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Shisumo:
I realized just now that my off-hand damage was one too high last round. Sorry.


Male Varisian (human) Ranger 3

Tristan tries to finish off the goblin.

Blessed greatsword attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18, damage2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 5) + 6 = 13


Lamsfel makes short work of the wolf, while Tristan rapidly dispatches its rider. For the moment, the thick, marshy air is still once more.

You get 160 XP each. What's your next move?


28/28 hp

Lamsfel's inclination is to rush the gate, but he's been hit pretty hard. He's looking to the cleric first.

"Callomeleth, do you have further healing available today? That runt's lucky shot has me in a bad way."


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

Aye, and I took another couple of hits meself. Combined with the creature in the swamp, I be hurting. Still, I think we've got some potions left. Do ye want us to use them, and save yer spells?


Male Human Summoner (Synthesist) 1/ Paladin 2

In my opinion, spells and channels should always be used before potions. Spells and channels are renewable, potions aren't. Plus, everyone can use potions. Good to save to use on the healer if he gets dropped, IMO.


You might want to consider searching your fallen foes as well. [/GM hint]


Male Varisian (human) Ranger 3

Tristan makes a disgusted face as he picks through the remains of the fallen goblins. Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


28/28 hp

Actually, that was a thought I'd had, but my hp total distracted me.

"Good idea, Tristan. Say, are those unusual blades as fine as Tybus'?"

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Male Human Summoner (Synthesist) 1/ Paladin 2

Gan eyes glow brighter as he surveys the equipment, scanning the goblins' belongings with his arcane sight.

Use Detect Magic, I'll include multiple Spellcraft rolls if applicable.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

If any of the gear is magical, Wòkè Qīng speaks with Gan's voice (albeit enhanced with a divine resonance), pointing out whatever is magical and what it is, if he successfully IDs it. Then...

The Tien man, imbued with the celestial presence, blinks, his eye glow fades significantly, and he looks down at his clawed, blood-stained hands. He wipes them on the grass awkwardly, and spits out the blood flowing into his mouth.

We should...proceed with caution. There are likely others around. He stoops, picking up his discarded spear.


Current HP: 11/21, Strength Damage: 2 Channels Remaining: 3

"Of course, Heroes. Gather around, and receive the blessings of the Rose.[/b]" He sings out a perfect, pure note, and a warm light envelops everyone near him, soothing the pain and healing the wounds.

Mechanics:

Probably will need two channels. Rolling two, but only using one if the first one is really good.
2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4
Also, let's also Detect Magic and try to find out if anything's glowy! No ranks in Spellcraft, so I can't tell what anything does, though.


The weapons are Small katana, and not only do they not meet the standard of quality (or mystical potency) of Song of Sparrows, they in fact all have the fragile quality, as is typical of goblin craftsmanship, and are otherwise mundane. In addition to the weapons, the goblins have Small shortbows and quivers of arrows, plus each also has a small gourd containing a vile-smelling concoction that Gan identifies as a potion of cure light wounds.

Once Callomeleth finishes his incantation to Desna, new sounds drift toward you from the other side of the village walls. It is clear that the goblins within know their champions were defeated, but the portion of the village that is visible through the gap in the walls seems deserted, and no new goblins appear either at the gates or above the walls.


Current HP: 11/21, Strength Damage: 2 Channels Remaining: 3

"Best be moving in, and keeping our eyes peeled for ambushes. Something's gotten to these nuisances." He pulls an arrow from his quiver, and nocks it into his bow.


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

Tybus nods at Callomeleth. He retrieves his bow, but shoulders it, leaving Song of Sparrows unsheathed and out. Sniffing at the gourd, he holds his nose and gulps one of them, trusting Gan's analysis. 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Striding forward toward the gates, he holds the sword aloft. Hajimemashite! he shouts. I bear Song of Sparrows now, and would know how it had once come to the Licktoad tribe. Provide us with that information, and we will leave without spilling any more goblin blood. Attack us, and more of your warriors will fall. Will you speak with us?

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Well, so much for that idea...


Male Human Summoner (Synthesist) 1/ Paladin 2

Well, it was a good idea at least. ;-)


28/28 hp

Lamsfel grimaces, but follows Tybus' lead, sheathing both swords and swallowing the nasty concoction quickly.

Healing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

That leaves one potion for someone to claim.

Feeling much better, Lamsfel moves forward with the magus, once again without readied weapons.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

"He speaks the truth! We seek not battle this day, but knowledge! How did you come to possess the blade Song of Sparrows, later given to Chief Ripnugget of Thistletop?"


No one appears at the top of the walls, and the gates do not open, but new shouts are heard - shouts that apparently in a strange combination of Goblin and a strange tongue only Gan and Tybus easily recognize: Minkaian. There is no way to tell if the goblins even understood what you were asking of them.


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

Tybus exchanges a long look at Gan, then glances at the katana in his hand. Ye've been busy, he addresses it, softly.

Undeterred, he shouts in Minkaian his speech again.

Minkaian:
Greetings! My name is Tybus Elhezen, wielder of Song of Sparrows! My companions and I seek the origins of this blade, and wish to know how it came to your tribe so long ago. Help us learn, and we shall leave in peace. Attack us further, and we will defend ourselves.

If I can try it again: Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 12


There appears to be no more response this time than to Tybus' first attempt.


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

Frowning, Tybus quickly wipes the blade and slides it in the scabbard with a clack. Then he readies his bow and draws an arrow, nodding at his other companions.

Let's go get better acquainted, shall we?


Male Varisian (human) Ranger 3

"I thought you'd never ask" Tristan answers with a grin, making a face as he tries to retrieve the arrow from the goblin and thinks better of it as he sees its condition.


28/28 hp

Lamsfel nods in return and starts hustling toward the walls, watching for any goblins that pop up over the wall. If he reaches the wall unmolested, he will press himself to it and listen closer. (In front of the gates is fine if that's his only option. If there are gaps in the wall, he will endeavor to peer in without putting his face against the wall - no need to give up an eye to an opportunist.)

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


The wall is not especially well-made, in the usual goblin style, and there are gaps a-plenty for Lamsfel to peer through. What he sees is strange - the walkways between the huts are deserted and empty, and the sentries on the wall nowhere to be seen. However, as he runs his gaze over the space, he notices movement to one side - a huddled shadow, pointing a shortbow at the gate in ambush.


Male Human Summoner (Synthesist) 1/ Paladin 2

Gan moves next to Lamsfel, standing tall with the gait of the celestial possessing him. He steels himself for an incoming attack.

If I can take a total defense after moving, I will.


28/28 hp

Lamsfel puts a finger to his lips and motions the half-celestial to lean in close.

whisper to Gan:

"Inside appears deserted, but one hides to attack whoever comes through the gate. There should be more waiting. Let us turn the surprise on them."

Shisumo, with their ramshackle construction, I'm guessing there are handholds and footholds a-plenty. Does Lamsfel think he can get over the wall, say, 20' left or right of the gate? Or is that over the water?


Male Human Summoner (Synthesist) 1/ Paladin 2

Gan nods, whispering back:

to Lamsfel:
Go, I will draw them to me. [/ooc]

Gan waits a bit for Lamsfel to begin climbing before yelling in the general direction of the hidden goblins.

[b]Show yourselves! Treat with us, or fight, but don't cower like vermin!

151 to 200 of 1,943 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Shisumo's Jade Regent All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.