Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Maslen's Second Darkness PF Conversion (Inactive)

Game Master Pathfinder Maslen

The third largest city in Varisia, Riddleport is also the most notorious. It is here that the machinations of an ancient race, once again boil up out of the Darklands and into the light. The sinister plots of the subterranean underwriters manifest!


201 to 250 of 2,500 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Ranger 1

No ranks in spellcraft. Can I see anyone who appears to be casting?


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

Hmm, somehow I forgot to put skill ranks into spellcraft during character building. Oh well... I guess Ascaria isn't too well trained in the theory of arcane spellcasting.


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Tippy would still have his weapon in hand, not thinking to put it away while frightened, and not daring to put it away now that he's blind.

Tippy feels the wind whistling over him as the bouncer swings high, expecting a human-sized target. Unfortunately, having no way of realizing the man is a bouncer instead of a hostile, and having no way of realizing the man is also blind, Tippy fights back.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 17 51 or higher is hit
Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Human DM/32

@All

The thugs, seeing the Cleric deftly maneuver out of combat change targets. Both attempt to make nonlethal damage with the pommels of their swords against the leather clad ranger. (vs Marcus' AC16)

Thief V,16
MH 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 = 151d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
OH 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (13) - 2 = 111d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Thief T,16
MH 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (13) - 2 = 111d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
OH 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -11d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

All attacks miss

@Iscarel

The only remaining thief in the bar area not asleep, walks over to his companion lying flat out on the ground and kicks him which makes the helpless thief wake with a start. The now awake thief, stands up and they both look at the one who cast at them a few seconds ago.

@All

The blinded bouncer who just has a shot at Tippy cause he entered his space, takes a step away.

Marcus' Initiative


Male Human DM/32

GG Map Update

@Marcus

You know exactly who is casting at you guys. The male at T19 and female at X17. The male is currently casting a spell.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

.Time to try something bold and stupid. Acrobatics:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 to move to U18 and attack the male spellcaster.Attack 2handed:1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 2 = 25

If the first check is not sufficient, just use my second roll. The bonus is the same and you can check tumble twice if you use both your actions
Damage:1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

You're mine.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Doh, forgot to add favored enemy bonus to damage. It would be 9 damage if the male CASTER is human


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

I'd like Ethaniel to cast bless on his turn, but I'm not sure who would constitute an ally in this situation. I think Ethaniel would try to aid Tippy and Marcus, but I'm not sure if he would have identified the others trying to thwart the spellcasters. Would a Perception or Sense Motive check be appropriate?


Male Human DM/32

@Marcus

Their CMD is 16 plus 2 for an additional opponent makes the DC to tumble a total of 18. That being the case, each get to make an AoO against you as you move through, again attempting nonlethal to their flanked target.

Thief V,16 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 91d6 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (4) = 10
Thief T,16 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -11d6 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (6) = 15


Male Human DM/32

@Marcus

Luckily you avoid the two possible sneak attacks from the thieves and make it to the male caster who is in the process of casting a spell. You attack however hits him and he tries with all his might to maintain his concentration through the pain. (DC21).

Concentration Check 1d20 + 4 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 4 + 3 = 21

So, by sheer grit and determination, he maintains his casting.


Male Human DM/32

@Ethaniel

Well, you can make your own mind up about whether to trust Tippy. You have been defending him so far. Marcus has made it well and truly clear who's side he is on. As for the others, go with a Perception vs DC12. That will allow you to identify, Valius and Ascaria as those involved in the combat and seem to be defending the bouncers. Iscarel is out of LOS so you cannot identify him this round unless he moves into view and you physically see him defending against the attack.


Male Human DM/32

Iscarel's Initiative now


Male Human DM/32

@Iscarel

We haven't resolved your last action. You directed your Sleep Spell and charged but didn't have a weapon out and i was waiting on a reply if you were charging and doing an unarmed strike? If we can resolve that, then we can get this rounds action off you too.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Perception check (to notice who my "allies" might be) - 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

Well, there's a waste of an 18.


Male Human DM/32

@Valius

Whats your move this round, now you aren't blind but still grappled. Break free i guess?

Qadira

Sure enough.

Action: Escape Artist: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Getting a bolt free Valius takes and quickly loads his crossbow.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Another question: getting onto the stage is like entering difficult terrain, but is moving on the stage itself considered moving through difficult terrain? I was treating it as if it was on my Withdraw last round.


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

I'm posting this in advance as I'll be away again until sunday.

Seeing that her former target has moved away from her, Ascaria changes her target. She takes a 5-foot-step to (L,14), trying to stay clear of the web and focuses on the spellcasting guy at (T,19). She loads another bullet into her sling and shoots.

Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Damage: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Oh well...


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

who's up?


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

I think it's Iscarel still

I'm going to leave the house shortly and won't be able to post for about 18 hours, so I'll dictate Ethaniel's action now (since I know Ascaria's and Iscarel's isn't likely to affect him).

Ethaniel casts bless. This should reach everybody but Iscarel, since Ascaria will have just moved to L14.

Ethaniel is denoting Tippy, Valius, Ascaria, Marcus and his dog as allies. If allowed, he will also grant the bonus to any bouncers in 50 feet of U12. Everybody affected has gains a +1 bonus to attack rolls and Will saves against fear. The spell allows no saving throw, but I'm not sure how apparent its effect is to the recipients, nor am I sure if they would know it came from Ethaniel. I figure that's up to the DM.

After he casts the spell, Ethaniel will move to V14.


Male Human DM/32

@Valius

You successfully break free of the webs restricting you and load your crossbow, ready to fire next round.


Male Human DM/32

@Ascaria

Aren't you suppose to add DEX mod to your ranged attacks? It will still miss but in future it will help.


Male Human DM/32

@Tippy

Do you continue moving toward the spell casting male voice as per last round?


Male Human DM/32

@Iscarel

I will auto resolve your last two actions. You charged and made an unarmed attack verse the only thief left awake in the bar area.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male Human DM/32

@Iscarel

In this current round initiative, having missed your target with an unarmed strike, you press your attack again but you spend your move to draw your sword.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 231d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 vs AC 16

Crit Confirmation 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 131d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

No crit, but your lethal damage is enough to send the assailant to his afterlife.


Male Human DM/32

@All

The casting male is able to finish his full round cast and 1d3 ⇒ 3 flying creatures appear in the room. They appear in area surrounding their summoner, two fly to their targets, the other is all ready in base.

Firstly, Marcus, Valius and Ethaniel get to make AoO when these creatures enter your space vs AC16.

Attacking Marcus Melee Touch 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
If successful, vs your touch AC12 it attaches and inflicts 1 point of CON damage. Furthermore, a 10% chance of contracting a disease. 1d100 ⇒ 15 1-10 will result in a disease being contracted.

Attacking Ethaniel Melee Touch 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
If successful, vs your touch AC11 it attaches and inflicts 1 point of CON damage. Furthermore, a 10% chance of contracting a disease. 1d100 ⇒ 6 1-10 will result in a disease being contracted.

Attacking Valius Melee Touch 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
If successful, vs your touch AC14 it attaches and inflicts 1 point of CON damage. Furthermore, a 10% chance of contracting a disease. 1d100 ⇒ 45 1-10 will result in a disease being contracted.


Male Human DM/32

@Ethaniel

To determine your disease i will roll 2d6-1

2d6 - 1 ⇒ (5, 2) - 1 = 6

Make a Fort Save pls.


Male Human DM/32

@All

The male caster, having released his swarm proceeds to move things along. He attempts to tumble through Marcus' square.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 vs Marcus' CMD 17 + 5 = DC22

He completes the action not all too successfully and you get to have an AoO as he does so. He complete his round by using his Standard Action to continue to move.


Male Human DM/32

@Ethaniel

I shall resolve your AoO against the flying creature.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 41d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Nonlethal


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

That's the summoner's actions. Are any other hostiles doin stuff?

Marcus grits his teeth as the summoned creature moves in to attack.
AOO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Two Handed Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Stand still you little, Bastard

He then reverses his swing as the caster moves past him
FE AOO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Two Handed Damage:1d6 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Whe're the hells you goin?


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Feeling that the unseen assailant has moved off, Tippy continues towards the male spell caster, cursing when the casting stos. He continues slowly in the same direction.


Male Human DM/32

@All

The female makes a double move around all the commotion on this side of the room and gets to the stage with her eyes fixated on the chest of silver coins. As she moves she yells to her companions.

Female wrote:
Hold them off while we stow the loot.

Both thieves then look around and spot the Cleric closest to the stage and 5foot step to engage. This time with their blades.

Thief U,15
MH 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 211d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
OH 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Thief V,15
MH 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 71d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
OH 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male Human DM/32

@Tippy

Make a perception vs 16 to detect targets ahead. This is made at -4 due to your blindness. This will help you navigate between the thieves and then you can make an Acrobatics check vs DC 18 at -4 also to avoid AoOs.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Crap. forgot to add +1BAB on those AOO's. My rolls would have resulted in 15's. My AOO'S were taken on the provoking actions order. Then the woman and thieves went. So My initiative turn is next yes?.
Can I have a map update please?


Male Human DM/32

@Iscarel

The remaining thief who had been woken by his companion last round, has an attack against you with both his weapons for lethal damage seeing his friend get cut down a second ago.

MH 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 81d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 vs AC15
OH 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 vs AC15

Then he 5foot steps to the square next to you.


Male Human DM/32

@All

Two bouncers regain their vision as do about a third of the frightened and cowering attendees. The bouncers who come too, both move as a full move action toward the door and begin scanning the scene to make sense of whats going on.

Marcus' Initiative

GG Map Update


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Current HP: 12, Fort+3 due to 1CON damage
FORT SAVE: (if required)1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

As much as he hates to ignore the winged wretch attacking him, Marcus needs to help the others. He moves to V16 to flank the enemy in v15 and try to offer support.
Die, you Bastard!
Flanking/Favored Attack:1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 21
Damage:1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10

Having not forgotten his dog or his friend, he calls out.
Valius, as soon as you can, shoot the b!+ch on the stage!
And if you get my dog hurt, it's your a$$.


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Perception: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 4 = 4

Tippy stops his advance, fumbling around in the "dark".


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Fortitude save - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The dice had to stop being kind at some point, I suppose. I forgot to account for the Constitution damage in my saving throw, so it should be a 6, actually.

My whip doesn't threaten, so I can't take an AoO.


Male Human DM/32

@Tippy

You can't use meta game to stop a move that would have you take AoOs. Your action would continue as normal. I give you the information not so you can stop, but so you know whats coming. Either that or i have to become a total ass DM. The very fact you failed the Perception would mean you continue on as normal.


Male Human DM/32

@Marcus

Nice work, flanking the total flanker he gets a dose of his own craft. The thief yells at his near mortal wound.


Male Human DM/32

@Iscarel

Your initiative


Male Human DM/32

@Tippy

You take two AoOs as you move through threatened squares having not detected the enemies in proximity. You do stop between the two however to avoid any further attacks in the area.

AoO1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 81d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
AoO1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 91d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

So fear not, you recieve no damage in the last round and the thieves have moved on in this initiative action.


Male Human DM/32

@Ethaniel

Thanks for the whip info. Never knew that. Looked right into it now so now i know i get AoOs in BtB when you use it too. Hehe.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1
DM_Waife_the_BiPolar wrote:

@Ethaniel

Thanks for the whip info. Never knew that. Looked right into it now so now i know i get AoOs in BtB when you use it too. Hehe.

A feat I get at level 3 will alleviate the latter problem, and a feat at level 7 will let me threaten natural reach +5 with a whip. Until then, though...


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None
DM_Waife_the_BiPolar wrote:

@Tippy

You can't use meta game to stop a move that would have you take AoOs. Your action would continue as normal. I give you the information not so you can stop, but so you know whats coming. Either that or i have to become a total ass DM. The very fact you failed the Perception would mean you continue on as normal.

I only meant that he stops his advance directly at the spellcaster because he couldn't hear him, so he's now fumbling around blindly and not being careful anymore. Was posting on the run, so had to be brief.


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)
DM_Waife_the_BiPolar wrote:

@Ascaria

Aren't you suppose to add DEX mod to your ranged attacks? It will still miss but in future it will help.

Yes, but the target was outside my first range increment. So I deducted the -2 penalty from my +2 DEX bonus which left me again at 1d20. I will add a comment in the future to prevent such confusion.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Ethaniel has a creature attached to him. Is this officially a grapple (-4 Dex, -2 Attack rolls, immobilized)?


Male Human DM/32

@Ethaniel

No, it gains the Grappled condition but because it's tiny, it doesn't impose the Grapple condition on to you. It does require a Grapple or Escape Artist Check to remove it though.

Stirge:

Attach (Ex) When a stirge hits with a touch attack, its barbed legs latch onto the target, anchoring it in place. An attached stirge is effectively grappling its prey. The stirge loses its Dexterity bonus to AC and has an AC of 12, but holds on with great tenacity and inserts its proboscis into
the grappled target’s flesh. A stirge has a +8 racial bonus to maintain its grapple on a foe once it is attached. An attached stirge can be struck with a weapon or grappled itself—if its prey manages to win a grapple check or Escape Artist check against it, the stirge is removed.


Male Human DM/32

@Ascaria

Ya, no prob. Marcus does a break down when special circumstances are factored in and that helps me out.

201 to 250 of 2,500 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Maslen Second Darkness pBp Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.