Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale

Game Master GM Harpwizard

Elsir Vale
City of Brindol


5,651 to 5,700 of 10,249 << first < prev | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | next > last >>

Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Jorr, what is to the south, I just realized I was mistaken. There was a letter which a Wyrmlord at the main camp had. Saarvith is actually the name of the Wyrmlord overseeing the creation the dragonspawn. We saw a few of them, they are mean half dragon humanoids.

However, on the map there is this Ghostlord just off the map to the south which I am guessing is the undead Wyrmlord. What would be to the south, just off the map on this small path listed here.


Dungeon Master

Bofus:

Stepping upon the porch with the four granite pillars, you approach the sealed up double front doors.

Bofus, I will use your open locks and detect traps rolls once you get to the double front doors, but first I will need a strength check (DC 15) to remove the planks of wood sealing them shut.

Iormel's House


M Human Ranger 3/Rogue 2) (hp:34/34, AC 17, Touch 13, Flat 14
Tirion wrote:
"What would be to the south, just off the map on this small path listed here."

"Aye. Yer talkin aboot this section south of the Wyrmsmoke Mountains? That trail leads yae tae a vast barren landscape known as the Thornwaste. It's a maze o' broken hills, briar choked ravines, and dry dusty scrubland. These badlands give way tae larger and larger stretches o' true desert as one goes farther south and west. It has long been the haunt of lions, hieracospinxes, and other hungry monsters. I believe the ruins of an auld lost serpent-empire thousands of years old still lie hidden in the wasteland. I dannae want to frighten yae an all, but I wouldnae go there unless yae had a guide that knew where he was goin. Besides the wee and the not sae wee critters, the land is very dangerous and yae would likely become lost in there. Few return who ever venture in there. They are all likely tae ha' perished there."


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Hmmm. I still wonder whether that is where this undead Wyrmlord would be. However, if we do not have a lead on him, then I suppose it will be north toward this Saarvith. We need to get to Nimon's Gap to meet with Tordak anyway. When Grunty and the giants arrive. Bring them with you. If the dwarves and elves have arrived, I would like to make a stand in the gap which should be a defensible point. If the forces have not set up in the gap, then the decision was made to retreat to Brindol and hold behind the walls.


M Human Ranger 3/Rogue 2) (hp:34/34, AC 17, Touch 13, Flat 14

"Heehe! Nimon's Gap is a wee hamlet! It does hae a wee canyon, but I wouldnae make mae stand against the horde richt there. The wee village grew up aroond a walled inn known as the Cross-Eyed Beholder. The Inn is thae only building worth defendin in that place, unless yae like apples, pears, and chestnuts. But then yae'll need tae build a wall tae defend a' the orchards in the hills surrounding the hamlet. Nae, I would just ask a' the shepherds and goatherders tae take their critters and move on their way tae the east and gie up that village tae."

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

DMHW:
I'll take 20 on that str check . . . that way I might be able to do it carefully enough to reuse the planks and board it back up!

Strength result: 20


Dungeon Master

Bofus:

Very carefully you pry the boards off of the front door. Then upon inspection of the door, you are able to find it locked as well as trapped with a Summon Monster Spell. With delicate maneuvers, you are able to disable the trap. However, you believe that this will automatically reset itself in about three rounds. This will allow you to enter safely, but you will need another check to escape later.

Disabling the trap and unlocking the door, you see before you a grand entranceway with six pillars and a grand staircase that leads to the second floor. The floor is made of a polished stone in a checkerboard pattern. There are also two doors (A6 & A11) that lead northward further into the house. This entryway otherwise appears empty.

Iormel's House

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

DMHW:
First, I'll step far enough away from the door that I believe I won't get anything summoned once it's reset. Then I'll make my way across the courtyard to the doors. (I'm unclear--are the doors up the staircase to the 2nd floor, or to the 1st floor?)\

Once there, I'll check again for traps (using an Eye). If present, I'll disable, then unlock and proceed inside.

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29
DD (trap): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39
DD (lock): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39

HOLY SH1TE!! I just critted the lock--and only you and I saw it!!


Dungeon Master

Bofus:

The doors are on the 1st floor and enter into rooms to the north (still on this level). The grand staircase is in the middle of the room and leads to the second floor.

You enter the entranceway and walk across the stone tiled floor. Before you is a staircase that leads up to the second floor. However, you may instead choose to enter a door at B6 or B11 which leads northward on this level.

Iormel's House


Male Human (Mwangi) 3 monk/ 3 Cleric HP 36/43 AC 17

"Captain,my hands and feet are weapons enough and yes I will do what I can to lay that simple soul to rest. Irori will see him through. This is something I will do by myself as you an' yours have much to do."

Taking the poor farmers body to nice spot, the priest sets about preparing him for the afterlife. Setting the corpse upon a pyre, Mutmaba sets the body a flame. "You shall return to the earth from which you came, my friend. Let your soul range free to return again, reborn and ready to live anew with the lessons you have learned." Bowing his head and completing the ritual, Mutamba returns to his friends. "I have set durgin on his journey. The rest is up to him now."

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

DMHW:
Always go right . . . go to B11 using the above rolls for searching/disarming/opening cuz you becher bum I'm not going to reroll 2 20's!!!


Dungeon Master

Bofus:

Opening the beautiful wooden door (B11) you find yourself looking into a dining room. A long table with chairs fills the length of the room. There are windows on the east and south walls, but they are closed up with shutters. A tapestry depicting a great battle covers the wall on the north side. (See Knowledge, Local DC 15 below) Strangely enough, the soldiers of one side in the battle all appear to be wielding swords of red steel.

There are a pair of double doors to your west and a pair of double doors to your north.

Iormel's House

Bofus Local Knowledge, DC 15:

The battle appears to be between Cheliaxian soldiers of House Thrune and some less known group. The Cheliaxian soldiers are clearly wielding the red blades and winning.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

DMHW:
Interesting . . . I know for a fact that blades of red steel in and of themselves aren't particuarly telling--I used to own one--but were the magicaly cursed blades we found outstanding in any physical way? Any obvious similarities (aside from color) to the tapestry blades? also, with the 22 result, any other specifics of the battle--any well-known historcial figures or anything? Landmarks?

Go through the north doors--after a quick trap check with the Eye

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25


Dungeon Master

Bofus:

Entering through the north doors leads you into a kitchen. Most food had been taken, but a few barrels and casks remain and pots, pans, utensils, are hanging near a cook fire. A table with benches sits on the western end.

Iormel's House

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

dmhw:
ok, back out the kitchen into the tapestry/dining room, and into the other room.


Dungeon Master

Bofus:

Bofus wrote:
Any obvious similarities (aside from color) to the tapestry blades? also, with the 22 result, any other specifics of the battle--any well-known historcial figures or anything? Landmarks?

The tapestry depicts a great battle occurring on verdant lush plains adjacent to dense jungles. Many Mwangi tribesmen are fighting the Cheliaxian soldiers. From the pyramid like structures in the background you wonder if this is the Cheliaxian colony of Sargava. The red blades wielded by the soldiers do not appear that different from the blades seen at the Fortkeep farm.

The doors to the west open up into a small study lined with bookcases and a living room with many plush chairs. The bookcases contain a variety of books with interesting titles including 'The Perfect Hunt', 'A Concise History of Cheliax', 'Gardening made Simple', 'Swords and Other Blades', 'The Rise and Fall of Aroden', The Imperial Destiny of Diabolical Nation',

Iormel's House

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

DMHW:
OK, let's try to wrap things up here. :-)
First, take out the "Swords and Other Blades" book, and give it a quick once-over--any hidden notes, strange things that don't belong . . . ?

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Then, considering this is a study, is there a desk? If so, give THAT a *thorough* once-over, with the eye.

Perception: take 20=36

Also check the bookcase itself for hidden switches/buttons/latches, stuff like that. You konw, the classic "bookcase secret door!"

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18 <--using EoD for that

Assuming I find nothing, I'll then go upstairs via the right staircase from outside. (the study was the last room on this floor, right?)


Dungeon Master

Bofus:

Bofus wrote:
OK, let's try to wrap things up here. :-)

Agreed. I'm am gong to wrap up this encounter now if you do not mind. I get caught up with filling in detail in the interest of creating realism, but then I get bogged down with too much detail and too many tangent encounters. However, at this time, I need to get everyone back together and involved again.

With the eye of the dragon, you are able to search through the house quite thoroughly. Iormel clearly has some secret or not so secret ties to Cheliax. In the study, you find a few invoices of weapon deals to places in Druma, Cheliax and Isger. Apparently, Iormel has made his wealth through arms trading. It seems that he ships and deals with weapons that come from a place called "The Crescent Forge." However there is no indication where that hidden forge is located.

Upon searching the house, you make the journey on your pony and easily catch up to the slow moving wagon driven by Sergeant Hersk and Captain Soranna.

@Mutamba, Tirion, Mantooth, and Bofus
Sunday, Rova 30, 4710 Two hours before midnight

You ride east along the Dawnway out of Drellin's Ferry behind Sergent Hersk, who is driving the wagon, and Captain Soranna, who is riding along on horseback. The sun sets behind you as you press onward into the night. With no interruptions, you reach the town of Terrelton about two hours before midnight. Many of the residents of Drellin's Ferry have already arrived and are camped out on the town common.

As you get a closer look, you notice that there is one man walking around the common wearing a black leather vest collecting taxes from the newly arrived refugees. He wears a rapier at his waist and he walks around like he owns the common.

Local Knowledge DC 15:
Terrelton is a dusty town that gets by on the livestock and leather trades. Several large, foul-smelling tanneries sit in the hills east of the town. The town is governed by a Merchant's Council.

Local Knowledge DC 20:
The Merchant's Council in Terrelton is rumored to have connections to various gangs of brigands and highwaymen.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Whisper - What a putz. Bofus, I think you should help with the tax collecting. It would be easier to just swipe his purse and the return the money to the citizens on the morrow.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

DMHW:
OK. I'll take one or two relevant pages worth of invoices that might prove "dirt-worthy." I'll also bring the note he posted on his door. Then I'll catch up.

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Hmmm . . . lemme see about that. Good idea, gimme some time. I've heard some pretty unsavory things about the Merchant Council, but I'd like to ask around first.

DMHW, I want to ask around whether this jamoke actually represents the Merchant Council, and also whether this tax he's collecting is simply taking advantage of the situation, or if there was ever any precedent for something like this.

Diplomacy (Gather Info):1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

My next actions will depend upon the answers I get.

@ group Oh, by the way, Iormel is an arms dealer. Not sure he's necessarliy a Bad Guy, but he's definitely shady at the very least. The fact that he left this note on his door is *highly* suspicious!!

I show them this note:
To the Red Hand and other trespassers, vandals and intruders.
.
This property belongs to Iormel. Stay out leave this property immediately. Failure to heed to my clear warning will result in retribution of the most severe sort! You have been warned!
.
Sincerely, Iormel

I give a nasty smirk. Too bad the note isn't where he left it!!! hehehehe


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Interesting. I bet he was paid to put the weapons in Durgin's barn where they would be ready for the horde to pick up. He was being paid to provide dangerous weapons for the horde.


@Bofus

You make some inquiries with some of the residents of Drellin's Ferry who are on the common. However, it is the familiar halfling innkeeper of the Old Bridge Inn, Kellin Shadowbanks, who gives you the most succinct reply, "That greedy tryant, who insists on being called Deputy Maug, claims that he works on behalf of the local Merchant's Council and that he is collecting rent for our use of the common. We tried to explain to him that we were forced from our homes, but I he did not seem to care. He explained that the Merchant's Council has strict guidelines on refugees staying in the common. I don't know if they have done this before, but they seemed ready to start collecting. He is demanding 5 silver per head, which seems like extortion to me. If there is anything you can do, I would be most appreciative, especially since the whole Shadowbank clan is with me and my wealth is only going to last so long now that I am homeless!"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

My good friend Kellin. Who was the first refugee to arrive here in the village? Do you know who was leading the wagon train?


Tirion wrote:
"My good friend Kellin. Who was the first refugee to arrive here in the village? Do you know who was leading the wagon train?"

"I am not clear who was first, but Council woman Delora Zann was right near the front. If you have a question I saw her over on the other side of the encampment."


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

How about Iormel? Was he near the front? Oh, and have they charged the tax to Iormel and the Councilwoman?


"No Iormel did not get here in his carriage until much later. I presume the council members were charged. I certainly was, but to be honest I don't really know."


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

To the Innkeeper. Thank you for your help. We will see what we can do to alleviate this travesty of justice.

____________

Whisper = Well Bofus, I think we are going to need your talents again. Follow that tax collector and see who he talks to and where he goes afterwards. We know that Iormel got weapons for the horde. So obviously he is tied in with merchants, and most likely evil merchants at that. After all, he knowingly sent Durgin to his death.
_____________

To the group:

Ok all, want to have some fun. We need to let Iormel know that we still have the weapons. We have two options. One is to be discussing how easy it was to defeat the hobgoblins that Durgin was giving the weapons to. The other way is to simply park our wagon by his. Either way, we need to be able to clearly see his facial expressions and then tail and listen to him to see what he does. As usual, I think that we know who will be doing the spying/listening.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

You had me at "need your talents!!" However, we don't KNOW that Iormel got these weapons for the horde, do we? I mean, I do find it highly suspicous that he deals in weapons and all--and to presume that anyone reading the note, including the horde, would know his name . . . but none of that is really proof. But your plan is solid. I'll follow Taxy Mc. Taxer, adn see if I can't relieve him of some exra weight at some point!! *wink* I'll report back if I find anything intersting.

I'll melt into the crowd, and start by following Deputy Maug. I'll keep careful note of where he keeps the silver he's collecting so I can filch it later!!

Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (2) + 23 = 25
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

So, we are keeping the weapon wagon away from Iormel at present, at least until Bofus gets back. We will spring the wagon on Iormel in the morning.

With Bofus heading off, I look to Mantooth and Mutamba. Can one of you take first watch. I used a lot of spells today and need to rest before the next encounter.

Not sure whether I could have gotten some rest in while riding on a wagon, let me know. If not, I will be down for the first 8 hours.


Male Human (Mwangi) 3 monk/ 3 Cleric HP 36/43 AC 17

"I will take the first watch, Tirion. Before the two of you are heading off to bed, please allow me to lay Irori's gifts upon you."
Praying to his lord,Mutamba channels a healing might allowing it to issue forth from his soul.

Channel Energy 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9


Male Human (Mwangi) 3 monk/ 3 Cleric HP 36/43 AC 17

Let me know how much each of need healed. I have plenty of spells and such to get us back up to full.


Dungeon Master

@Bofus

The deputy strides about the common with a swagger enforcing rules and collecting silver.

"Hey you! Watch where you are stepping!"

"Uhh, uhh, uhh, uhhhh! Littering is against the law. That will be an extra silver piece fine for this violation!"

"Excuse me, but your horse is taking up enough room for two spots! That will cost you extra."

As he collects silver pieces, he carefully places them into a belt pouch that jingles as he drops the coins in.

"Thank you, good Sir!" he politely replies as he collects more silver from another member of the town.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I am at full Mutamba - thanks.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

I'll go talk to someone the deputy just collected from. Hey there--how much coin did that oaf take from you, anyway?

Hmm, I've got more than one option here. I can simply flich the pouch, but that *is* kind of crude. I'll keep that in my back pocket for later. But maybe I can rile up the crowd a little to get them to pressure this jamoke into giving his ill-gotten gains back!!

I'll start my way through the crowd, collecting anecdotes of how much the guy is extorting, and spreading them around with additions such as:

Can you believe how much they're extorting out of you in your time of need?!?! Shocking!!

Would Drellin's Ferry folk fleece neighbors so, when they're running for their lives at that?? never, I say!! NEVER!!

He took HOW MUCH from you?!?! And for what?? What are you doing that is even remotely worth THAT much silver??? These people should be ASHAMED of themselves!!

Diplomacy (to incite!!): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

DMHW, what is the disposition of the locals--not the DF locals, but of this little podunk they're staying in? Do they have a guard? Population compared to Drellin's Ferry? If the DF folks were to simply refuse to pay this made-up tax, what might i reasonbly infer could happen?

I'll also go to the captain.

Captain Anitah, I'm *appauled* at what I'm hearing!! Your citizens are being positivley schnookered by this little hamlet. That "deputy" is collecting exhorbitant taxes from your people in their time of travail. I could see a reasonable fee for using the town's resources, but this goes against common decency!! I think your population is rumbling; may I suggest talking to the local community leaders and putting a stop to this tom-foolery before something ugly occurs that everyone will regret?? Neighbors shoud be helping neighbors in crisis, not taking advantage of each other to line their purses while they're running for their lives!!

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Dungeon Master
Bofus wrote:
He took HOW MUCH from you?!?! And for what?? What are you doing that is even remotely worth THAT much silver??? These people should be ASHAMED of themselves!!

He just charged me five silver per head for each night! I admit, that I need the protection of being near other people, but I can hardly afford the rate!"


Bofus wrote:
"Captain Anitah, I'm *appauled* at what I'm hearing!! Your citizens are being positivley schnookered by this little hamlet. That "deputy" is collecting exhorbitant taxes from your people in their time of travail. I could see a reasonable fee for using the town's resources, but this goes against common decency!! I think your population is rumbling; may I suggest talking to the local community leaders and putting a stop to this tom-foolery before something ugly occurs that everyone will regret?? Neighbors shoud be helping neighbors in crisis, not taking advantage of each other to line their purses while they're running for their lives!!"

"I know what you are saying Bofus1! It sure doesn't seem right to take advantage of people when they are already down and out! Let's just say the people of this town run this place a little differently than we did in Drellin's Ferry."

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

And what would happen, say, if the Drellin's Ferry folk simply decided not to pay??? Are they actually going to kick everyone out of the grounds or something? How is it that we stand for this highway robbery?!?!


"This little extortion scheme seems absolutely ridiculous when we consider the fact that we have a horde of thousands of villainous, wretched fiends, not to mention dragons and dragonspawn, all making their way here. I am sorry to that you even have to be involved in this matter. I am certain there are far more important tasks to be done than dealing with this greedy merchant guild. I feel for these people, but their lives are far more important than a few silver. Listen, it has been a long day and it is already getting late. Perhaps you should get a good night rest and press onward in the morning. Leave this matter to the Sergeant and me."


Bofus wrote:
"And what would happen, say, if the Drellin's Ferry folk simply decided not to pay??? Are they actually going to kick everyone out of the grounds or something? How is it that we stand for this highway robbery?!?!"

"I agree, halfling. If the people refuse to pay, then let's see what they do. If this Maug fella start causing trouble, then I say we just go in and start thumpin the extorting thug!"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Zzzzz - I am sleeping and regaining spells unless Bofus wakes me up.


Dungeon Master

It is late and your characters are tired. They will likely go to bed soon, but if you choose to retcon anything before sleeping, please let me know.

@Tirion, Bofus, Mantooth, and Mutamba
• Moonday, Lamashan 1, 4710; 3 hours after dawn •

You all quickly fall into a deep sleep. Morning arrives and the sky is overcast with enough light raining falling to make all of your clothes and belongings damp. Many people are still asleep , but many are already packing up their belongings to press onward east along the Dawnway.


Mantooth:

That evening as you sleep, Durgin Forkeep comes to your mind in a very vivid dream. He is cutting down sheaths of wheat in a field. He looks up to see you, lays down his scythe and approaches you."Why?" he asks, "Wh . . .w. . . .w. . .why did you slay me, Mantooth? I d...d...did not mean to harm anyone!"

Then suddenly out of nowhere, Ozzyrandion appears suddenly and grabs Durgin in his claws. With a sudden breath weapon of acid engulfing you, you suddenly awake.


Male Human (Mwangi) 3 monk/ 3 Cleric HP 36/43 AC 17

Rising with the dawn, Mutamba goes through a series of prayers and the dance like forms of his fighting art. Moving with extreme grace and acrobatics the priest puts on a beautiful show of what the human form is capable of. Gathtering his few possessions, the lightly dressed monk moves about the throng spreading the word of Irori and aiding families secure their goods.

I will update my spell list for today soon. Any request?


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I wake up with the others and stretch out.

I am getting too old for this. Well all, we should meet back up with Thordak in the gap today. Then we need to decide where to head next. I think this spawn creating Wyrmlord sounds like the best option. We know where it is from Joor and I do not know how much our limited numbers can do to stop the horde.

However, first, we need to deal with the festering boil that is Iormel. I think that we should get the wagon rolling with our friend the hobgoblin tied to it. I will cast invisibility on the captain so that she can see and hear his response as we comment on how his manipulation of Durgin failed miserably and resulted in a good man dying.


"I am not sure that there is any love lost between Iormel and Durgin. If you are trying to make the councilman feel any remorse, I don't think you will succeed."


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

No, I want the counsel man to admit to sending Durgin back to the horde with the weapons. The weapons we only recovered by having to kill poor Durgin. Iormel is solely responsible for the death of Durgin, and I want him to show his real colors in front of you so that we may properly question him and find out whether he is responsible for any other deeds designed to help the horde.


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

DMHW:
Mantooth wakes with a start and immediately casts Detect Evil

"It doesn't seem possible to have such a dream. Iomedae, please give me strength."


By the time Mantooth wakes up, dresses himself in armor, and has his things packed he still be seen with a hint of dismay on his face. Joining Tirion and the Captain mid conversation about having to kill Durgin. "Whoever's hand forced Durgin to take those weapons is going to have justice dealt to them for what I had to do to Durgin. I had the most terrible dream about it.."


Mantooth:
Casting detect evil upon wakening up the following morning, you are unable to sense any auras that are influencing you.

Mantooth wrote:
"Whoever's hand forced Durgin to take those weapons is going to have justice dealt to them for what I had to do to Durgin. I had the most terrible dream about it.."

"Dreams? Oh dear, that does not sound very good. Do you think that whoever was controlling Durgin is now trying to control your mind as well?"


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

@ Captain Anitah

"Yes, it's the first time it has happened, so I will not let it trouble me too much. Thank you for your concern, Captain. Iomedae gives me strength to ignore being troubled by it. We have more pressing, and real matters to attend to."


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

What ever happened with the ring and the hobgoblin? We had the hobgoblin tied up on the wagon. And we had the ring on Durgin. Obviously we were not going to let the ring get burned & buried. I would have removed it with Mage Hand and then put it in a pouch or sack that was carefully watched, probably being carried by Bofus on his pony.

5,651 to 5,700 of 10,249 << first < prev | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.