Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

City of Nine Stars -- City of Twilight

Game Master therealthom

Council of Thieves


2,901 to 2,950 of 4,380 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>
Andoran

Male Human Fighter 5 (Favoured Class)

"I wish we had a ranger here they are always best at leading the way" mutters Marius. "But I guess it's down to me."

He begins a slow cautious advance up the stairs


Marius' head clears the floor and he can look to his right. The room is as long as the basement room and 15' wider. At the far end is a raised dais with a heavy brass bound chair with red pillows and a long yellow cloth draped over the back. Various goblins including the drummer flank the throne. Others include a large goblin, twin to the one downstairs, and one bleeding from nose and ears.

But most arresting is the white bearded goblin in a shallow sandpit. Built like a dwarf and armed and armored like one too. He rumbles,"Have you come for my goods or my people?" and clangs the ax against his shield.

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 5 (Favoured Class)

is he speaking common? Because Marius doesn't understand goblin


Whitechin speaks common.


Ground Floor Map

The goblins have been busy here. The ceiling has been cut away so that this room is two stories tall. Whitechin stands in the center of a shallow circular sand pit under a tremendous crystal chandelier. Against the far wall is a slightly raised dais. Goblins of various descriptions are ranged along the dais and side walls of the room.

"Well, man. Why are you here?" the big goblin growls.

Slowly, ominously, the drummer is on the dais beats a large brass kettle drum.

You're coming up the stairs (A4-A7) Whitechin stands in E6. Goblins ring the far wall from F10 to E3. There's a door in the north wall at E10.

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 5 (Favoured Class)

"Goods or People..now that's an interesting question" Marius replies to the chief.."Which can you afford to do without? Maybe we can...negotiate"

Keep him talking while the others get up here he thinks

Andoran

Female Human Wilder 5th | AC15 | HP35/49 | Str 12 | Dex 17 | Con 15 | PP10/37

Waifrin gestures to Zarabeta and quietly starts to follow the warriors up the steps.

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Qadira

F Human Wizard (Conjuror) 5

Zarabeta winces as Waifrin's attempt to move silently appears less than successful, but attempts to not add to the clamor.

Stealth 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Male Elf Rogue 5th

Raven moves to position himself close to Marius, his rapier still in his hand as he stands ready to support the warrior.


Marius Goddon wrote:

"Goods or People..now that's an interesting question" Marius replies to the chief.."Which can you afford to do without? Maybe we can...negotiate"

Keep him talking while the others get up here he thinks

"Neither!" thunders Whitechin. "By my sweat and blood I have built this tribe. I defy any who would take it from me. ~Nods and grunts of approval from the goblins~ But if you can prove your worth in single combat against me I will pay tribute. If you lose you and yours become my slaves."

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 5 (Favoured Class)

Marius waits while the others come up.."Hmmm..let me think about that?"

How many goblins backing him up..


"It is a weighty matter to be sure. Or has your blood turned to water now that you face a real goblin? Take your time and think. It matters not to me."

Akorian, Zara, Waif: Percpetion DC 14;

Spoiler:
Click! The door to the basement room opens and the big downstairs goblin peeks out.

14 goblins all told in here.

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 5 (Favoured Class)

"Well you see I'm not really in charge here...and it's not as if I can make promises for the others. Do you want to be a slave again Waif?"

Andoran

Female Human Wilder 5th | AC15 | HP35/49 | Str 12 | Dex 17 | Con 15 | PP10/37

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

"I'll give that a miss, cousin. There aren't more vermin here than we can handle."

Waifrin readies herself to throw everything she has into a powerful demoralise surge.


"Die, then!"

Brandishing shield and ax, Whitechin advances to attack Marius. The goblins around the room ready themselves also. The drummer picks up the beat.

Let's have initiative.

Whitechin 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Big goblin 2 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Drummer 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Goblin horde 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Male Elf Rogue 5th

Initiative 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Andoran

Female Human Wilder 5th | AC15 | HP35/49 | Str 12 | Dex 17 | Con 15 | PP10/37

Waifrin Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Can Waifrin release her demoralise as a prepared action? If so it is wild-surged and augmented to 25' radius, Will DC 18 or be shaken, and Waif will let as many goblins get close as she can before any threaten her before letting rip.


Full round to start. If you beat the goblins post your actions. (Raven)

You're coming up the stairs through A7. Whitechin stands in E6. Goblins ring the far wall from F10 to E3. There's a door in the north wall at E10.


Male Elf Rogue 5th

If I may ask, where is Big Goblin 2 at?


Expert 3/Slacker 4/Layabout 2

Drummer H6; Big goblin 2 H7

Qadira

F Human Wizard (Conjuror) 5

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 14

Initiative 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Zarabeta makes her own attempt to demoralize the goblins by attacking their drummer with a stream of acid.

ranged touch 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
acid damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Elf Rogue 5th

Taking but a moment to make a choice that is sure to be perceived as either daring or foolhardy, Raven moves forward and seeks to find an opening in Whitechin's defenses in an attempt to take advantage of the chance at a first strike his reflexes have granted him. The elf aims his thin blade right below the goblin chief's shield, his target the creature's side right below his ribs.

Melee attack (masterwork rapier) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Damage (piercing) 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Sneak attack damage 2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10

I found myself unable to resist taking advantage of a chance to sneak attack the White-chinned One. Hope it does bite me in the... ahem... posterior. Well, not too much anyway... :-)

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 5 (Favoured Class)

"Die..no I don't think I'm destined to die at the hands of scum like you"

Initiative..1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Marius lets the chief close the distance


Round 1 Initiative:
Raven, 26

Big goblin 2 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Zara, 23

Drummer 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Whitechin 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Goblin horde 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Marius, 10

Waifrin, 7

Raven hurries foward and tries to skewer Whitechin. His rapier slides under the chief's guard and Whitechin grunts in pain. He calls out in goblin:

Spoiler:
Son! Help me!

The big goblin on the dais leaps forward, charging toward the elf with his spear point foremost. 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17.. damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Zarabeta steps forward and delivers her acid stream. The drummer's beat falters for a second.

Whitechin drives his shield down, trying to snap Raven's blade. The elf's reflexive move to save his steel leaves him momentarily open to the whire-bearded goblin's ax.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 ... damage 1d10 ⇒ 4

Qadira

F Human Wizard (Conjuror) 5

Zarabeta again attempts to silence the drummer, but the arc of acid falls short.

ranged touch 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
acid damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 5 (Favoured Class)

Where'd Akorian go?..No doubt Neil is on deadline again.

Andoran

Female Human Wilder 5th | AC15 | HP35/49 | Str 12 | Dex 17 | Con 15 | PP10/37

Yes, Akorian seems to have dropped out of initiative order as well! Could have sworn he was there a moment ago ...

Waifrin's eyes narrow, and energy crackles around her with a smell of ozone as to the goblins she seems to become more menacing, more terrifying. Demoralise, wild-surged and augmented to 25' radius, Will DC 18 or be shaken


Male Human (Chelish-Azlanti) Cleric 4

Correct. I am both "on deadline" and unsure of where to act in the current initiative order...or if Akorian is even present. With Thom having to delay things with his real-life obligations, I've been waiting for a new post from him to decide where to interject Akorian's next action.


Sorry about the delay. That work trip --- don't get me started. I didn't have the presence of mind to roll for Neil when I set up the intiative post. Based on leading posts, Akorian starts near the bottom of the stairs.

Akorian, Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 & Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Big goblin 1 Init 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Raven, 26

Big goblin 2 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Zara, 23

Drummer 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Akorian 17

Whitechin 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Goblin horde 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Marius, 10

Waifrin, 7

Raven hurries foward and tries to skewer Whitechin. His rapier slides under the chief's guard and Whitechin grunts in pain. He calls out in goblin:
Spoiler:

The big goblin on the dais leaps forward, charging toward the elf with his spear point foremost. 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17.. damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Zarabeta steps forward and delivers her acid stream. The drummer's beat falters for a second.

Whitechin drives his shield down, trying to snap Raven's blade. The elf's reflexive move to save his steel leaves him momentarily open to the whire-bearded goblin's ax.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 ... damage 1d10 ⇒ 4

So everyone up to and including Whitechin has gone. I need to roll the goblin horde.

Target selection 11d4 ⇒ (2, 2, 4, 4, 4, 1, 3, 4, 2, 2, 4) = 32

Drawn by her appearance as an easy target five goblins rush toward Zarabeta. One stops shy and throws a spear.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 .. damage 1d4 ⇒ 3 /19–20
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 .. damage 1d4 ⇒ 3 /19–20 A hit !!
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 .. damage 1d4 ⇒ 2 /19–20
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 .. damage 1d4 ⇒ 3 /19–20
Spear toss 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 .. damage 1d4 ⇒ 1

Three goblin try to take Raven on his blind side.
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 .. damage 1d4 ⇒ 4 /19–20
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 .. damage 1d4 ⇒ 2 /19–20 A hit !!
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 .. damage 1d4 ⇒ 3 /19–20

One spry athelete of a goblin dodges through the crowd toward Waifrin.
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 .. damage 1d4 ⇒ 2 /19–20

And one brave soul casts a spear at Marius from ten feet away.

Spear toss 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 .. damage 1d4 ⇒ 1

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 5 (Favoured Class)

Marius wades in choosing the big goblin as his first target

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 Damage1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 Damage1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Andoran

Female Human Wilder 5th | AC15 | HP35/49 | Str 12 | Dex 17 | Con 15 | PP10/37

Waifrin will 5' step away from her attacker to manifest as above.


Male Human (Chelish-Azlanti) Cleric 4

Upon his arrival...and seeing a room full of so many goblins attacking his friends...Akorian realizes they may need more help. So, he pauses and calls down the aid of Milani.

Standard action to cast summon monster II to call... 1d3 ⇒ 2 ...riding dogs to their aid.

Two sizeable mastiffs appear behind the goblins attacking Zarabeta. The priest pauses only for a moment to reflect on the fact that they're not at all unlike the dogs he grew up with as a boy on his father's estate. Then, he hustles after them to join the fray.

Both dogs snarl and snap at their tiny foes.

Bite attack from dog #1 with smite evil as a swift action... 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 ...+2 for flanking?
Damage, if applicable, +2 from smite evil... 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6
Free trip combat maneuver if it hits... 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 ...+2 for flanking?

Bite attack from dog #2 with smite evil as a swift action... 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 ...+2 for flanking?
Damage, if applicable, +2 from smite evil... 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6
Free trip combat maneuver if it hits... 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 ...+2 for flanking?

FYI: Both riding dogs are AC 13 and have 13 hp. They persist for 4 rounds.


Just noticed the rolls in my last post changed value between previewing and actual posting, or maybe when I edited that post. I thought they had figured that out. Also, apologies to Dabbler was I trying to jam that post in during work and in the rush

Neil, the dogs arrive next round, yes? You may want to adjust your move action based on this.

A clomping on the stairs below him, alerts Akorian to the big goblin who ran away in the basement. Apparently he has regained his courage and is rushing to attack the party (Akorian being the nearest member )from below and behind.

Marius stabs the big goblin twice, but his opponent might have been a gladiator too. He shrugs off the wounds and presses his own attack.

Waifrin's demoralizing surge flashes outward, robbing the goblin's of some of their enthusiasm.

Round 2:
Raven, 26
Big goblin 2, 24 (Marius)
Zara, 23
Drummer,18
Akorian 17
Whitechin ,16
Goblin horde , 15
Marius, 10
Big goblin 1,9 (Akorian)
Waifrin, 7

Raven,


Male Elf Rogue 5th

Clenching his teeth as one of the smaller goblins manages to draw blood, Raven once again strikes at Whitechin, his movements and his swordplay more careful this time as the elf acknowledges that the odds are not in his favor.

Combat Expertise (masterwork rapier) 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 1 = 20
Damage (piercing) 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

AC 19, flat-footed 13, touch 16
CMD 20


Male Human (Chelish-Azlanti) Cleric 4
Last Vestige of Aroden wrote:
Neil, the dogs arrive next round, yes? You may want to adjust your move action based on this.

Correct. The spell has a casting time of 1 round. So, even though the spell's description says they act immediately on Akorian's turn, it'll still take him a full round to cast the spell. That means he won't be able to move from his current position anyway. And, upon hearing the big goblin clambering up the stairs from behind, he'll stay where he's at to guard the rear.

Qadira

F Human Wizard (Conjuror) 5
Last Vestige of Aroden wrote:
Just noticed the rolls in my last post changed value between previewing and actual posting, or maybe when I edited that post. I thought they had figured that out.

Spoiler:
If, during an edit, you add another dice roll, numbers will shift upwards, so that you could 'cheat' by inserting a meaningless Knowledge or Perception check above a crappy attack roll, to shift that low roll up and get a chance at a better attack roll. As far as I know, they never fixed that.

Edited new First roll 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

First roll 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 original total 23

Yup, not fixed. The 13 from the first roll went to the top, and the new (coincidentally, better) roll ended up in the place of the 'first roll.'

Unimpressed with her acid serpents effectiveness, and surrounded by tiny menaces with very sharp teeth and blades, Zarabeta attempts to cast daze defensively upon the goblin chieftan.

DC 15 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

But first, she makes a useless knowledge-engineering check to determine if the floor seems structurally sound... :)

Her concentration is distracted, less than she would think by the many menaces, and more by the annoying drumbeat, which causes her to mispronounce her spell as 'Atomitas' instead of Atonitas, causing the spell to fail.


Raven's blade again draws a trickle of blood from the chief.

Marius' big goblin shifts his attention from Raven to the gladiator.

Spear1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25.. damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Zarabeta is distracted by the goblin horde.

The beat goes on.

Akorian's dog's spring into being behind Zara's goblins. They drag one down.

Akorian up. Check my last post , Neil.


Male Human (Chelish-Azlanti) Cleric 4

Realizing he'll be in combat soon and too hard-pressed to come to Zarabeta's aid, Akorian offers one last prayer to Milani to keep the girl safe. Even as he whispers the words, he mentally braces himself to bear her wounds like any good martyr would.

Casting shield other on Zarabeta. Akorian will now take half of any physical damage that comes her way. She also gains a +1 deflection bonus to AC and a +1 resistance bonus on all saves. It'll last for 4 hours...hopefully.

He then turns to face the onrushing goblin from downstairs, prepared to occupy him for as long as it takes Marius and the others to deal with the remaining goblins.

If possible, he'll use his move action to block the entrance to the room so he can keep the big goblin in front of him.

Qadira

F Human Wizard (Conjuror) 5
Akorian Henderthane wrote:
Casting shield other on Zarabeta. Akorian will now take half of any physical damage that comes her way. She also gains a +1 deflection bonus to AC and a +1 resistance bonus on all saves. It'll last for 4 hours...hopefully.

You did the shield other thing just before we entered the building, IIRC, when Zara was luring the goblins out to ambush her and we counter-ambushed them in the alley. It's only been 10 minutes or so, I think.


Male Human (Chelish-Azlanti) Cleric 4
Zarabeta wrote:
You did the shield other thing just before we entered the building, IIRC, when Zara was luring the goblins out to ambush her and we counter-ambushed them in the alley. It's only been 10 minutes or so, I think.

Ah. Okay. Cool. I just lost track of it since things have slowed down so much from back then. In that case...Akorian casts bull's strength on himself in preparation of facing the big goblin. Grants +4 to Strength (which means +2 to attack rolls and +2 on damage rolls) and lasts 4 minutes.

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 5 (Favoured Class)

Maius grunts as the spear scores his side under the breastplate and returns the blow.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 Damage 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 Miss!


Saving throws v Waifrin Will DC 14.

BG1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Drummer 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Whitechin 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Goblins 9d20 ⇒ (1, 16, 13, 1, 15, 14, 1, 10, 12) = 83

Whitechin flinches at Raven's needlework, but forces a chuckle through his lips. "Pinpricks, elf. But my axe will cleave head from shoulders." His swing aims to back the statement up.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 ... damage 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Three of Zarabeta's four goblins don't seem to realize that their number is one fewer. The spear thrower draws a jagged dogslicer and attacks Akorian's summoned canines.

Z1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5.. damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Z1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24.. damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Z1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20.. damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
dog 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13.. damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Raven's three goblins continue to circle and harry him.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12.. damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25.. damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6.. damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 /19–20
Raven is flanked by 3 + Whitechin

Waifrin's goblin presses his attack.
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11.. damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 /19–20

Marius' spear chucker draws a dogslicer and aids his friend against the summoned dog.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10.. damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Crit confirms:
Zara 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10.. damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Zara 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14.. damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Raven 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6.. damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Qadira

F Human Wizard (Conjuror) 5

Zarabeta takes suspiciously little damage from the solid seeming blows of the two goblins and retaliates by hurling acid at one of the goblins that struck her.

She takes half damage (3) and Akorian takes the other half (3).

ranged touch attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
acid damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Following Marius' thrust his opponents knees buckle, but he keeps his feet.

The big goblin from the basement charges up the stairs, sword in hand and swings at Akorian's knees. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 .. damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Waifrin. Then top of next round (3)

Andoran

Female Human Wilder 5th | AC15 | HP35/49 | Str 12 | Dex 17 | Con 15 | PP10/37

Waifrin moves to support Zara, striking with her punching dagger at one of the goblins attacking her friend.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4


Male Elf Rogue 5th

Now heavily injured and with blood flowing from several wounds on his body, Raven readily trades offense for greater defense, as he takes care to avoid or deflect blows rather than make sure his own land on his opponents. Still, despite the dire situation he finds himself in, the elven rogue manages a smile, a quip directed at Whitechin escaping his lips as he attempts one more stab. "No need to get... vulgar, you know. Your... heh... your manhood or lack... thereof has no place i... in this."

Total Defense (masterwork rapier) 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 4 = 12
Damage (piercing) 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

AC 24, flat-footed 13, touch 21
CMD 25


Waifrin cuts deeply into her target's back. The goblin twists and spits at her.

Round 3:
Raven, 26
Big goblin 2, 24 (Marius)
Zara, 23
Drummer,18
Akorian 17
Whitechin ,16
Goblin horde , 15
Marius, 10
Big goblin 1,9 (Akorian)
Waifrin, 7

Harried and harrassed on all sides, Raven can't muster an effective attack. Might I suggest a move in concert with the attack? Right now you are the point man for the party, out in the middle of the room while everyone else is clustered closer to the stairs.

Marius' big goblin shouts as he backs away and then lunges with the spear again.

Goblinese :

Spoiler:
Father! Help!

Spear 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16.. damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Zarabeta covers a goblin in acid. She falls to the ground trying to claw it from her smoking skin.

And the band plays on....

Akorian


Male Elf Rogue 5th
Last Vestige of Aroden wrote:
Harried and harrassed on all sides, Raven can't muster an effective attack. Might I suggest a move in concert with the attack? Right now you are the point man for the party, out in the middle of the room while everyone else is clustered closer to the stairs.

That is an excellent suggestion! I just sorta kinda thought it would be impossible for him to do so, since he is pretty much surrounded. If possible though, then he would certainly try to get back and closer to the rest of his friends, using Acrobatics so as to at least try and avoid all the AoOs that are bound to rain down on him as he tries to fall back.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


Male Human (Chelish-Azlanti) Cleric 4

Akorian winces with the sting of Zarabeta's shared wound, but keeps his focus on the goblin rushing up the stairs. When the lout takes a swipe at his knees, the cleric wisely pulls back. Then, while his opponent is off-balance...and with the high ground advantage...Akorian brings his morningstar down in a heavy blow aimed for the creature's head.

Melee attack with morningstar... 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Damage, if applicable... 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Raven sweeps his rapier around to knock his enemies' weapons aside and using a goblin's head as a fulcrum vaults back toward Marius.

Ninja'd by Neil.

The goblin throws up his shield to block the blow. Akorian's mace crashes down on it and the cleric feels a double impact -- mace on shield, mace and shield on helm.

No time for the horde now. Post later.

2,901 to 2,950 of 4,380 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Nine Stars -- City of Twilight All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.