Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


5,901 to 5,950 of 26,346 << first < prev | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | next > last >>

Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

No, no spells momorized either.


Evil GM

Make a Know- arcana, religion or spellcraft.


Evil GM

Andrea how much healing and how much lesser restoration healing are you providing to John.


Evil GM

The more that you think about it Duncan, you think that the devil went back to its own plane when it died.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Know-Religon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Andrea touches John again with the wand.

clw: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Up for a few hours

Ok, how is everyone? Let us check out those tracks.


Evil GM

Andrea your spellcraft would reveal the same information that was mentioned to Duncan, that the devil went back to its own plane at death.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

lesser restore potion 1d4 ⇒ 2
Eh, up to 5 con. :)
Do you want a separate perception check to look for a secrete passage?
If so 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 and disable device if needed 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

"Do ya think we got someone following us around summoning nasty things to go after us?"

Lucrezia goes over to investigate the footprints and the wall they lead too.


Evil GM

You all will be able to find the secret door once you begin to hunt for it.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I think the devil was summoned by the trap and it has now gone back tot he hells after we killed it.So we are now 'safe' at least from that thing.[b]

Andrea motions for the others to back up as Lucrezia checks the door.[b]Duncan or Orsin should cast detect magic to see if there is anything else on the door.

Open it up after we are done looking at it?


Evil GM

How is everyone's Con and HPs, now? Is everyone restored?

Latest MAP revealing Secret Door


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Right now Lucrezia is at 5 con and so is down 3hp.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea is at 12 CON and thus 27 HP

This might be a hint that we should retreat and rest.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

should we roll perception to get that hint? :)


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan looks at the door, then at the girls who were looking haggard....
He motions with his head to move back out.
Keeping his eye on the door, he backs away.

In the next room, Let's go. We could all use a rest afta that one. Dunno how we are gonna explain Tweaker though...


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Back for a few

We can say that Tweaker needed to leave for home after he woke in the morning. Since our next meal is at noon, we should have time for rest and I can pray for spells that can heal our blood(CON)loss. I also suggest we pool our gold and perhaps send Lucrezia into town for extra potions and scrolls to replace what we have used. Andrea describes where Alisatr's temple of Calistria is. We can also check the magic shops for any needed potions.

Andrea stands near the steps going down. Also drop by to tell Janivan what has happened and if they think we should continue.

Andrea will head back down if everyone is in agreement and go to sleep to heal her CON loss and pray for new spells.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan moves out with the group, closing the top door behind him and goimg down, stopping just before the bottom of the stairs.
He keeps his voice low, We got one more problem. What if who ever is up there tells the guards or the mayor what happened while we are gone. They saw everything. Can we afford to risk that? We may be wakin' up in chains. If we wanna go back an kick in that secret door, I can invis Andrea and one other if yer hurt Lucrezia. If ye wanna keep using that wand me, John and Orsin might be able to overcome whatever it is. Unless it's more powerful than the devil.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia also keeps her voice low as she talks. "As much as I'd love to take a little trip to town for some supplies, how would my running out for a bit look? We don't want to risk raising any suspicion if we can help it. I may not be feeling my best right now, but I'm still ready and willing to continue on with our fun."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Smaller I have a few low level(1st) healing spells remaining and the wand, I also have two scrolls that can heal our blood loss. If we go up there now and there is something greater than the devil we are dead, but those might be old footprints, maybe they are the mayor's after he visited the Knot. Andrea is getting that familiar pissed look.

As for Lucrezia's concerns I can turn you invisible at dawn so you can slip out, but until I get a chance to rest and pray I cannot heal any further damage like the blood loss.

Frankly I am getting fed up with everything we have had to go through. Areal sends us out to bleed and die while he gets his martyrs for his revolution and no doubt has a nice speech planned when he elects himself the new mayor


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19
Lucrezia Villanova wrote:
Lucrezia also keeps her voice low as she talks. "As much as I'd love to take a little trip to town for some supplies, how would my running out for a bit look? We don't want to risk raising any suspicion if we can help it. I may not be feeling my best right now, but I'm still ready and willing to continue on with our fun."

[smaller] Lucrezia, at dawn you could say you have a family emergency to take care of. I will need an hour to pray in any event and our 'breakfast' isn't till noon so we have a few hours. We also need to get Tweaker's things together so it looks like he left.

Andrea holds up her two scrolls of Lesser Restoration if any one needs their CON healed.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia raises her hand as Andrea holds up the scrolls. "I could use a hit of one of those if you don't mind. Still feeling kinda weak here. And if I do run any errands, it also means that I won't be getting any sleep. I may end up nodding off during dinner."

Will I run the risk of being fatigued for being up over 24 hours?


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

I got 500 gold. Let's use the scrolls and get ourselves ready to fight, so long as there ain't no other exit, me and john can pin it in the doorway. If it goes bad you too will be invisible and can run. Jus keep tapping me an john with that wand. Lucrezia can buy some All night if she doesn't get to sleep.


Evil GM

Lucrezia I won't fatigue you for lack of sleep. You can get your sleep and out to the safehouse, which is nearby, for a couple hours. Don't worry about that. Andrea's plan is solid, rest the night heal up some ability...run off get a few scrolls, potions. I won't screw with you all like that, this will be hard enough. the mayor won''t notice you are missing until after noon'ish


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I have 215 gold for the potion fund.

Andrea uses a scroll on Lucrezia.
Lesser Restore: 1d4 ⇒ 2

How is everyone else doing?

Orsin, John. How are you? I have one last scroll. The rest we will need to sleep off(1 point) or wait while I pray.

Duncan. Very well, we can take a look at what is behind the door if Lucrezia is up for checking it.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Ok, Lucrezia will go along with Andrea's plan then. I just didn't want to have to deal with the fatigue penalties with all that we'll have to go up against.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"The wine has hit me like a hammer to the head (2 Wis damage), but I should be able to sleep the worst of it off."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

How much blood did you lose? Con loss How are your wounds?

Edit: If anyone has significant CON loss, Andrea will use the remaining scroll on them
Lesser Restore: 1d4 ⇒ 4


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"After the potion and your divine energy wave, I'm fully restored. Would that Lucrezia here were as lucky. Do we turn in for the night then?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Duncan has suggested we at least attempt the secret door since he thinks there might be someone behind it due to the footprints. Lucrezia can open it up while invisible and then we take a look to see if anything lurks there.

So, if everyone is up for that, let us do it. If there is another Blood reaver behind the door, we will be better off risking the nightbeasts and running out of the manor.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"That sounds like a good idea. Leaving any loose ends could come back to bite us."


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Let's go then. To the top of the stair and I'll cast invisibility on Lucrezia and Andrea. You'll have 4 minutes. Lead us in by hand and check for traps on the door and unlock it if possible. If not I kick it in and go first incase it's a damn witch or somethin. John behind and Andrea with the wand. Orsin, a poeme o victory or sommat would be good. Ever body ready? Keep her eyes peeled.

Perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea is ready and accepts the spell, leading the others in and towards the door.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia also accepts the spell.

perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
survival to ID tracks 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Lucrezia looks over the door for any traps and for the way to open it.


Evil GM

The panel is easy to open and a small room is revealed. The only feature
of this bare room is what appears to be a pair of double doors made of flat gray metal in the northern wall. The surface of the doors seems moist and reflections in the doors look more like vague shadows and smears of light.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

So, shall we take a look at these? Andrea will cast Guidance(+1 roll) on Lucrezia if she examines it.

Update notification didn't tell me of new posts


Evil GM

What are you guys doing now?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Hmm.. Still not working.

Let us look at these doors, but if by some happenstance they lead to where we want, we should turn back and rest before braving them.


Evil GM

Mine is not working either.

Lucrezia can make a perception check.

Andrea Only:
When you look at the doors the reflections seem to writhe and move of their own accord.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Those reflections appear to be moving on their own!

Know-Religon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"Ladies and gentleman, we may have just found our winner...!" Orsin whispers.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea looks less than pleased though and looks back at the room that has the large blood pool.

If these doors lead to the Knot than Tweaker died for nothing. Andrea gives a mirthless laugh. We were right in this room and backed right out.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Then why place the trap with the bloody devil in the other room? Is there something in there, or was it a decoy? Duncan continues to look about, searching for the owner of the prints.

Perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I wouldn't be surprised if that whole room was a decoy. Devil designs all around, all the mirrors we could want, and great big bloody traps for the suckers.


Evil GM

Duncan the shadows on the door look like they are dancing.

I need Lucrezia to make Perception roll.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Them shadows ain't just movin' they be dancin. Let's just got outta here then. We found enough freaky stuff.

Off to bed.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Right.

Andrea backs out with the others. So what will we do then? We still have no idea where the Knot is. We can either attempt these doors, go back to the mirror room or check out the other part of the attic, but we should do it only AFTER we rest.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Perception roll 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Sorry, went to bed since it didn't look like anything was being updated. But I did just make an awesome perception roll. :)


Evil GM

Your awesome perception roll reveals a magical trap that has been unlocked which was warding the flat metal grey doors. The shadows look like they are dancing. You are fairly certain that you are looking a the access to knot.

Beside looking at the doors are you doing anything else?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Uhm, guys, I think that we are looking at the room the knot is in and it looks like someone has already unlocked the magical trap that was warding these doors. Perhaps the owner of those footprints we saw?"

Lucrezia cautiously puts her hand on one of the doors to see if it is mundanely locked.


Evil GM

Lucrezia is speaking to the party and then her voice trails off. She is no longer standing there.

Lucrezia only:
Lucrezia's hand touches the wet reflection and disappears which is quicly followed by her body being pulled into the shadow stuff


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

DAMNIT!

5,901 to 5,950 of 26,346 << first < prev | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.