Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

A Vision of Brute Squad (Inactive)

Game Master ThorGN

A Vision of Betrayal PFS PBP, Level 1


151 to 200 of 476 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Male (hp 20/20 : AC 18 (T 11, FF 17) : CMD 16 : F +8 , R +4 , W +7 : Init +1 : Perc +3) Teifling (Pitborn) Paladin (Sacred Shield) 2

After the long day of rough travel, it feels like only minutes after drifting off to sleep to the sound of the women's song that Baru is jolted awake by cries from the watch. As instinct take over, the paladin rolls to his feet and snatches up his sword. His only hesitation is to look to where his armor is piled, but quickly dismisses the thought of taking the time to don it as the snarls of feral combat reach him.

Getting up and picking up my sword.


Stats: GMed 8 PFS PBPs; Played 18 PFS PBPs

The creature snarls as the Monk proves to not be an easy meal. As everyone springs into action, it once again tries to subdue its prey.

Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Bite Crit: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Total Damage: 1d6 + 1d4 ⇒ (3) + (1) = 4

Round 2, everyone.

Scarab Sages

HP 9/9, Init +6, AC: 13, T: 12, FF: 10, F: +2, R: +3, W: +2 Perception +1 <Dark Vision>, CMD: 12 , Male Tiefling Witch 1

Irenal watches as the cat brutally attacks Aesantial again.

KN: Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

"Not again beast!"

He puts his hands together in front of his lips and speaks Infernal "Rnaod'na yv dra rykrd iy'n vynd'ra rok rrorkaj" A small breeze washes over the beast.

Misfortune Hex: DC15 will save negates; creature makes an ability/skill check, saving throw, attack roll, must roll twice and take worse result

He then calls out to the rest of the party, "Comrades! Come forth let us put to rest this beast of the night! CHIA CHA CHA CHAAAAAAAA," and he begins to cackle; a maddening laugh that cuts through the darkness.

MA: Cackle; If misfortune hex is successful then it will persist for 1 extra round

Sovereign Court

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

Seeing the paladin ready a sword, Noa knew he would charge. There would not be space in front, but behind? She grinned, and ran. But the fire...!

Move action: NW(5'), NW(15'), W 10' (DC10 Acro to jump 5' fire without run-up) (25'), SW(30')

If cannot take 10, Acro+6 for jump: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

...would not be a problem! She landed from her leap, summoned her focus, and spun her weight and that of her falchion into a powerful attack...

Falchion PA w/Urb.Rage(STR+4), +5 to hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

...on the darkness. If only she had prepared Magic Missle...

One round of Rage spent. Currently in Power Attack-1/+3.

Grand Lodge

female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

Trading blow for blow with the big cat, Aesantiel takes a leap of faith in the party of Pathfinders, and executes a back roundhouse kick to the feline that she knows she will not stand back up from.

Round 2
Status: HP 0/8; disabled | AC 15 | T 15 | FF 12 | CMD 17 | F +2 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +9
Actions:
(standard) Unarmed: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 1 = 16
unarmed damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7
Incidentally, executing a standard action while disabled costs Aesantiel 1 hit point, and leaves her at -1 hp and dying.

Aesantiel connects firmly with the big cat, planting here heel, backed by her momentum and weight on it's already-damaged temple.


Stats: GMed 8 PFS PBPs; Played 18 PFS PBPs

As the rest of the party leaps from their tents to assist, including a wild leap over the fire by a dancing barbarian, Tiel's kick strikes true and as the darkness consumes her she is satisfied that once again she proves the old axiom: Don't bite off more Elf Monk than you can chew.

The large feline creature hits the ground with a thud, all of its fight beaten out of it.

Combat End

Sovereign Court

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

"Is i' normal, big ca' come in a fire camp, an 'tack an elf? They smell special good, or someting?"

Noa administers a slow coup-de-grapple on the cat, dropping her falchion and putting an arm around the cat's neck in a 'sleeper' hold. "I don' know if we gon' kill him, but I know he ain' gon' wake up soon... Maybe ever. Somebo'y smar'er than me, decide."

Grand Lodge

female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

<thud> <leak> <leak> <leak>

Sovereign Court

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1
Aesantiel wrote:
<thud> <leak> <leak> <leak>

You think they're all waiting for Noa to use the evil wand?

Great fight, BTW, you totally soloed the critter. And you'll be fine. If nobody chimes in, Noa will drop the cat and try the wand.

Grand Lodge

(HP 22/22 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +5 | R +5 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +6) Male Human (Ijo) Ranger 2

If Aesantiel didn't have her own wand of CLW then I'd use mine, but it makes more sense to me to let Kassandra use Aesantiel's on her.

Dasiji grins briefly at Noa's self-deprecation, despite the somber topic. "I'd wager that you're smarter than me, but I'll tell you our policy in Sargava, when I was in the guard there: kill all man-eaters. Maybe you can fight it off just fine -- and maybe the next one it attacks isn't trained, armed, and armored. Maybe it just gets more cautious, and goes for easier meals: a toddler playing in a yard, a mother gathering berries, a drunk taking a piss. We can't guard everywhere all the time, so we can't live with anything that sees us as prey."


Stats: GMed 8 PFS PBPs; Played 18 PFS PBPs

Irenal:
This cat does not look totally natural. It's probably some kind of magically tainted beast.

Sovereign Court

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

Noa nods. "Sometimes, you ain' go' time to ask. When you go' time, you gotta ask. When you go' magic, thin's change." Noa keeps her hold on the panther until passes. "Nex' time", she whispers at the end, "Maybe you finish the deer firs'."

Silver Crusade

HP 11/11, Init +4, AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15, F: +2, R: +6, W: +2 Perception +4, CMD: 14 , Female Human Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1

Kassandra runs over to Aesantiel grabs her CLW and whispers a prayer to Sarenrae.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Scarab Sages

HP 9/9, Init +6, AC: 13, T: 12, FF: 10, F: +2, R: +3, W: +2 Perception +1 <Dark Vision>, CMD: 12 , Male Tiefling Witch 1

Irenal looks down at the cat's corpse and says, "Told you so, beast."

KN:planes: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
KN:arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Knowledge to determine edibility? Or just more information about the cat.

Silver Crusade

Male (hp 20/20 : AC 18 (T 11, FF 17) : CMD 16 : F +8 , R +4 , W +7 : Init +1 : Perc +3) Teifling (Pitborn) Paladin (Sacred Shield) 2

Baru emerges from his tent in time to see Aesantiel dispatch the wild animal before falling to the ground herself. He rushes to her side, ready to help, but Kassandra is one step faster and already channeling the healing energies of the wand. As the aasimar's eyes flutter open, the paladin extends his hand to help her to her feet.

"Valiantly fought," he praises.

Sovereign Court

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

"Di' you see? She to'ly solo' him!", Noa echoes the praise.

Grand Lodge

female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

Recovering slowly, Aesantiel looks up at Kassandra - "Are any others wounded?" Looking around and seeing everyone assembled fairly close together except Nestor, "Kassandra, many thanks. Is Master Rees well?"

@Baru - just an elf. Nothing celestial here...

Silver Crusade

Male (hp 20/20 : AC 18 (T 11, FF 17) : CMD 16 : F +8 , R +4 , W +7 : Init +1 : Perc +3) Teifling (Pitborn) Paladin (Sacred Shield) 2

Whoops, getting my companions confused.

Sovereign Court

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

:) Noa suggests Rees was mistakenly left off the battlemap as a non-combattant...


Stats: GMed 8 PFS PBPs; Played 18 PFS PBPs

Rees looks out from his tent. Everything ok out there? You almost gave me a heart attack!

Irenal:

It’s a Krenshar. Probably not something you want to eat. Though, the skin looks like it will come off easy enough.

Scarab Sages

HP 9/9, Init +6, AC: 13, T: 12, FF: 10, F: +2, R: +3, W: +2 Perception +1 <Dark Vision>, CMD: 12 , Male Tiefling Witch 1

After studying the beast for a few moment Irenal stands up and says, "Noa, I recognize this beast from my studies. A Krenshar in the common tongue. It won't do us any good to save the meat but you should be able to skin it easy enough."

Sovereign Court

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

now that is an ugly cat! Did you describe ours here as black like a panther?

"Skin him? No' me. I's fur, though. Migh' be goo' to have. Bu' I would no' know where to stop the cu'ing. If someone can do tha', we can take i'."


Stats: GMed 8 PFS PBPs; Played 18 PFS PBPs

After you all have settled down, the rest of the night passes uneventfully. A new day dawns with a light drizzle of rain to greet you.

Once again, you hear the sound of hoof beats approaching from the forest.

Sovereign Court

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

"Too bad tha' Gypsy girl is mute.", Noa says, then looks behind her to see who said that...

Silver Crusade

HP 11/11, Init +4, AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15, F: +2, R: +6, W: +2 Perception +4, CMD: 14 , Female Human Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1

If these our are hoofed friends that may be the best idea... with a coy smile and a wink at Noa.


Stats: GMed 8 PFS PBPs; Played 18 PFS PBPs

The trio of Centaurs burst into your camp, the rain glistening off their fine hides. They seem slightly surprised at the sight of the fallen Krenshar. Their leader speaks, I am Urdel Thunderhoof. My tribe thanks you for slaying this menace.

Silver Crusade

HP 11/11, Init +4, AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15, F: +2, R: +6, W: +2 Perception +4, CMD: 14 , Female Human Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1

I am Kassandra Carolingina, daughter of Markus Carolingian, Aesantiel smote this beast during the night when it attacked us. She curtsies and smiles

I'll take 10 on diplomacy for a 19

Sovereign Court

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

The mute Gypsy looks on mutely. It's a very diplomatic muteness, in a taking ten sort of way. :)

ninja'd. Can I Aid Another, then? for 21?

Grand Lodge

(HP 22/22 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +5 | R +5 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +6) Male Human (Ijo) Ranger 2

Too late. You can only Aid Another for 23 now. :p
Aid Another (Kassandra) with Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

"Dasiji Lekaya." The budding politician bows politely to the centaurs. "It threatened your tribe? I could skin it for you if you like."

Sovereign Court

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1
Dasiji Lekaya wrote:

Too late. You can only Aid Another for 23 now. :p

Aid Another (Kassandra) with Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1

"Dasiji Lekaya." The budding politician bows politely to the centaurs. "It threatened your tribe? I could skin it for you if you like."

I thought we already had the skin. I suppose we could give it up. Offer them the skull... (pouts)

Grand Lodge

(HP 22/22 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +5 | R +5 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +6) Male Human (Ijo) Ranger 2

Sorry, hadn't read all of the Discussion thread yet. And didn't want to retcon Gameplay too much. Never mind!

*Retcons*

Noamuth PFS wrote:

now that is an ugly cat! Did you describe ours here as black like a panther?

"Skin him? No' me. I's fur, though. Migh' be goo' to have. Bu' I would no' know where to stop the cu'ing. If someone can do tha', we can take i'."

"I can do that. Should be easy." Dasiji expertly separates the Krenshar from its hide. Take 10 on Survival for 16.

Kassandra Carolingian wrote:

I am Kassandra Carolingina, daughter of Markus Carolingian, Aesantiel smote this beast during the night when it attacked us. She curtsies and smiles

I'll take 10 on diplomacy for a 19

"Dasiji Lekaya." The budding politician bows politely to the centaurs. "It threatened your tribe? How would you like its skull?"


Stats: GMed 8 PFS PBPs; Played 18 PFS PBPs

We would like to take the corpse of the beast back to our people for a cleansing ritual, fur and all. We have some nice furs here that we can trade you for the beast. If you are heading into the mountains they may be of use. The sweat freezes on your brow high up in the mountains.

Noa, you can't take 10 on an Aid Another, you have to roll it.

Sovereign Court

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

meta of me to know, but it doesn't matter until we're closer to the breakpoint, next one is at 25? Here's a roll, though it will take some other help to make it matter. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

"Do we have any tarp? Or we could cut the extra tent, or use the whole thing? To wrap him, or to sling him so to carry between you? Or will you drag him? Or use a travois? Not in the jungle?" Noa distracts herself with her own helpful questions, and begins correcting herself in elvish while fetching the skin.

Elvish, as though quoted:
"You're just going to anger them, Noamu. Let them worry about their things, not everyone is destined to be your friend."

Grand Lodge

(HP 22/22 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +5 | R +5 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +6) Male Human (Ijo) Ranger 2

The DC is plus Cha mod, so you never know. And it can't hurt.

Grand Lodge

female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

In a quiet attempt to aid along the diplomatic efforts, Aesantiel bows politely to the centaurs. As the discussion progresses, Aesantiel says, "It would do us honor if your tribe were to dispense with the carcass according to your tradition. Our thanks for your attention and careful efforts."

Aid Another(Diplomacy): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Sovereign Court

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

"It is truly hers to say, for she defeated it in single combat. So swiftly, no other could raise a hand. Though bard did sing, and prayers were made, and I leaped the fire in my rush, it was her alone, that felled the beast.", Noa says, passing the folded skin to the only speaker of the centaur.

Silver Crusade

Male (hp 20/20 : AC 18 (T 11, FF 17) : CMD 16 : F +8 , R +4 , W +7 : Init +1 : Perc +3) Teifling (Pitborn) Paladin (Sacred Shield) 2

Baru helps to lift the animal carcass off the forest floor and offer it to the centaurs. Once secured for travel he accepts the piles of furs in exchange. "Considering the journey ahead, these will extremely useful to us. It is a fair and welcomed trade." He then begins to distribute the furs to his companions, saving a few for himself at the end.


Stats: GMed 8 PFS PBPs; Played 18 PFS PBPs

The Centaurs are fully impressed with the story you tell. You are always welcome among my tribe, Aesantiel Beast Killer. The Centaurs make a fair trade and once again disappear into the forest.

Now you have furs you didn’t even need to clean!

Scarab Sages

HP 9/9, Init +6, AC: 13, T: 12, FF: 10, F: +2, R: +3, W: +2 Perception +1 <Dark Vision>, CMD: 12 , Male Tiefling Witch 1

Irenal slowly walks up to the carcass as it is being lifted. He reaches forth and detaches Bala as he is gnawing furiously at the beasts corpse. With a deft spin they retreat in silence.

Silver Crusade

Male (hp 20/20 : AC 18 (T 11, FF 17) : CMD 16 : F +8 , R +4 , W +7 : Init +1 : Perc +3) Teifling (Pitborn) Paladin (Sacred Shield) 2

As he watches the centaurs gallop off, Baru remarks, "Well, it seems that Sarenae shines upon us this morning, despite the dreary weather. Such continued blessings will make this a quick and fruitful expedition."

Silver Crusade

HP 11/11, Init +4, AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15, F: +2, R: +6, W: +2 Perception +4, CMD: 14 , Female Human Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1

Kassandra smiles at Baru, Indeed

She then turns to Aesantiel I think I shall compose a song of Sarenrae's might through your fist


Stats: GMed 8 PFS PBPs; Played 18 PFS PBPs

The light drizzle follows you most of the day and turns to snow as you climb into the mountains. The temperature seems to drop by the hour and by the time you decide to look for a camping site for the night, it’s well below freezing.

Sovereign Court

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

"How 'bou' a song of Sarenrae's hot?", Noa suggests. "I'ma build a fire..."


Stats: GMed 8 PFS PBPs; Played 18 PFS PBPs

Out in the open or are you going to try to find/build a shelter of some sort?

Sovereign Court

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1
GM Brute Squad wrote:
Out in the open or are you going to try to find/build a shelter of some sort?

Well, after we choose a camp. The fire defines the camp.

Grand Lodge

female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

is there likely to be adverse weather?
survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Scarab Sages

HP 9/9, Init +6, AC: 13, T: 12, FF: 10, F: +2, R: +3, W: +2 Perception +1 <Dark Vision>, CMD: 12 , Male Tiefling Witch 1

Irenal sifts through his pack and begins to dress in his winter clothing. He also employs his new fur from the centaurs.

This was given to each of us right? Just a little something correct?

Sovereign Court

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

"I go' a whole 'nother sui' for the col'. I mean, an es'tra one. I mean, before the furs, even. In the car', if anybody needs i'. I'm gon' put the goods in a ten' an' use the tarps for the mule..."

Grand Lodge

female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

"I also procured some additional cold weather clothing for anyone that has need. Hopefully between Noa's stores and mine, we will have items that fit."

Sovereign Court

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

"An' when the ten' is up, and some lamp or fire stones make i' warm, I'm gon' see how well the furs gon' fit.", Noa says, checking the drape of a tawny fur. "You gon' nee' some drawstrin'...", she says to the fur.

151 to 200 of 476 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A Vision of Brute Squad All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.