Samsaran Magus 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 : TAC 13 : FAC 13 : CMD 13 | Fort +3 : Ref +3 : Will +1 | Perc +3 (+4 opposed) Init. +3 | Move 30'
About Szemyan Alexyrov
Who would play your character in the film version? Hmmm... maybe a young Bill Nighy. Or Adrien Brody. Benedict Cumberbatch would work too.
Tell me why you decided to submit this character?
A few reasons.
1. Never played a Magus before, and when I saw the bladebound archetype I was immediately reminded of the Elric stories. Which means I know that the character isn't that original but I think it's a neat idea I'd like to try.
2. Kingmaker games typically have a lot of competition for Charisma-based characters as everyone wants to be king. I figured I would submit a character that would make a terrible ruler.
3. Since the elder mythos has a lot of stuff regarding personal sanity and character psyche, I thought playing a mixed-up and strangely haunted character would be good for that kind of game.
Give me a short character background - hometown, dreams, family, etc. This should be a taste of who the character is - leave me wanting to know more! But keep it short, more than 5-6 sentences is probably too long.
Szemyan was born to human noble parents in eastern Brevoy. He was always different that other children, being unnaturally pale and sickly, and he did not socialize well or take to other children his own age. He was raised as a recluse and had troubled dreams, until one day he ran away from home for reasons even he could not understand.
Following his compulsion he found an old crypt where he discovered a strange black sword. When he took up the sword his mind was flooded with images of another life long ago, one that was wrongfully cut short by... someone Szemyan could not name. Somehow he knew that this was his life. He blacked out.
When he awoke, he knew that he had to study the way of the sword, and went to Restov, to train among the Aldori. But he still had no idea where to go from there, so when he heard about the charter to explore the stolen lands, he applied to join, mainly as a way of keeping himself occupied until his true destiny was revealed to him.
* Born under a solar eclipse
* Reincarnated spirit of a former swordlord, who returned to seek revenge against an ancient enemy
* Has a gloomy demeanor, sickly pallor, and a hint of death about him that makes others uncomfortable
* Lived an isolated childhood as the son of an aristocrat
* Haunted by strange dreams and periodic bouts of jamais-vu
* At 15, ran away from home, following a compulsion to seek something... but what he did not know
* In the foothills below Skywatch, he discovered a ruined estate
* In the basement was a crypt, which he opened. A single bier lay within
* No corpse lay on the bier; only ashes. But lying in the ashes was a strange sword, blackened as if by fire.
* Szemyan picked up the sword, and he was suddenly overcome with images, sounds, and memories. Unable to handle what he was seeing, he blacked out.
* When Szemyan awoke, he remembered none of the images he had seen, but somehow he knew that he was meant to carry the sword.
2 + 1 (campaign) + 2 (feat)
Bruising Intellect (social) Use INT instead of CHA for Intimidate
Sword Scion (campaign) +1 to hit with Aldori Dueling Sword
Desperate Focus (magic) +2 to concentration checks
Aldori Caution (combat) +1 Dodge to AC when fighting defensively or full defense
Wary (region: Daggermark) +1 to opposed perception and sense motive checks, perception becomes class skill
All characters receive Combat Expertise, Deadly Aim, Power Attack, Unarmed Strike, and Weapon Finesse for free at 1st level.
Starting cash 240 gp
110 gp Combat Trained Light Horse
_20 gp Military Saddle (H)
__4 gp Saddlebags (H)
__2 gp Bit & Bridle (H)
__2 gp Spell Component Pouch (2 lbs.)
_16 gp 8 doses Urea (-)
__free Spellbook (H)
__2 gp Scrivener's kit (H)
__1 gp Flint & steel (-)
__2 gp 2 x Scroll case (1 lb.)
__free Cold Weather Clothing