5 Essential things about your character
1) Little Formal Education:
Rulla was kidnaped young by a group of bandits that were working with ogres to attack her home town. Dragged unwilling back to Churlwood and renamed “Ren”, she grew up as the bandits servant and plaything, learning only what little they chose to tell her of the outside world.
2) Quiet as a Door mouse:
Early in her captivity Ren learned drawing attention to herself was a path to beatings and worse, to this day she still has trouble speaking up in groups and still tries to hide in the background from strangers
3) Everything is awesome:
In the worst of situations Ren discovered that life is exactly what you believe it will be. Under stress her mind retreats the extreme positives of the situation. “Wait, we are being attacked by a red dragon? Great! Now I won’t have to start the fire for dinner tonight!”
4) Giant size Hatred:
Giants destroyed her life. Giants cannot be trusted, the only safe Giant is a dead Giant.
5) A Friend in Need:
Having grown up where acts of kindness were all but unknown, Ren latches on anyone who is kind to her, and tries to serve them in return for even the smallest kindness.
6) I can cook that:
Having grown up being asked to serve the bandits meals made out of the most inedible of creatures and what could be scrounged, Kit developed the ability and desire to try cooking almost anything.
2 Goals for your Character
1) Find her family: The bandit Leader “Ripper” kept threatening that he would return and grab her younger sister as a second servant as she was too slow. So she is convinced her family is out there, but where she just doesn’t know.
2) Protect the Children: What happened to her was wrong. Children should be given time to grow and be safe. Making a safe haven for children is worth almost any personal sacrifice.
2 Secrets for your character
1) Ripper is out there: Ripper seems obsessed with her and is still hunting her. She knows he is trying to get her back.
2) Traded for her family’s safety: Unbeknownst to Ren, her parents sold her to Ripper in return for safe passage for the rest of the family during the ogre attack on her town.
3 people your character knows:
1) Ripper – Bandit leader that still is smarting from the loss of his personal servant. He wants her back to serve his every need
2) “Grim Jim” – A young bandit who took a liking to Ren. He taught her to fight, Kept her safe from the worst of Ripper’s rages and helped her escape.
3) Alana Silverstream – Alana found Ren wandering the wilds, cold, starving and alone. She took her in, nursed her back to health and taught her some of the ways of the woods. Then she sent her on to Sandpoint after hearing of troubles centered around the town.
1) Ogre attack – A burning town, screaming children, and screaming Ogres. The nightmares still come often even after all these years.
2) Endless pain – An endless number of days ran by, cooking for the band, Keeping their camp and entertaining Ripper and his guests. The only relief was the moments stolen with Grim Jim.
3) Warm Firelight – The small cave where Alana called home was warm and safe. The first such area she had known in an age. Living in the sparse surroundings was the best time Ren had ever known.