About Nilus Romani
Skills Acrobatics -4, Appraise 0, Bluff 4, Climb -2, Diplomacy 21 Disguise 4, Escape Artist -4, Fly -4, Heal 0, Intimidate 6, Knowledge (nobility) 5, Knowledge (religion) 11, Perception 9, Dance 7, Ride -4, Sense Motive 8, Stealth -4, Survival 4, Swim -2
Human Traits (Core 27):
• Bonus Feat (Core 27): You gain 1 bonus feat at 1st level*.
• Inner Beauty (FoP 15): Once per day, you can manifest your faith in your goddess and gain a +4 trait bonus to a single Bluff, Craft, Diplomacy, or Perform skill check.
• Blessed Touch (CoP 7): You heal 1 additional point of damage when using lay on hands, channeling energy, or casting a cure spell.
• Exposed to Awfulness (APWoR 6): Once per day when you fail a saving throw against an effect created by a demon that would kill or physically incapacitate you, you can immediately reroll that saving throw as a free action.
• Armor and Shield Proficiency: You are proficient in Light, Medium and Heavy Armor. You are proficient with shields(except Tower Shields).*
• Weapon Proficiency: You are proficient with all Simple and Martial Weapons.
• Aura of Good (Core 60): The power of a paladin's aura of good (see the detect good spell) is equal to your paladin level (2).
• Detect Evil (Sp) (Core 60): At will, you can use detect evil, as the spell. As a move action, you concentrate on a single item or individual within 60 feet and determine if it is evil and learning the strength of its aura as if having studied it for 3 rounds.
• Smite Evil (Su) (Core 60): As a swift action, you choose one target within sight to smite. If this target is evil,add +6 to your attack rolls and +7 to damage rolls (+14 if target is an outsider with the evil subtype, an evil-aligned dragon, or an undead creature on first attack). You also gain a +6 deflection bonus to AC against the target of your smite. You can use this up to 3 times a day
• Lay on Hands (Su) (Core 61): As a standard action (or a swift action if healing yourself), you can heal 3d6 points by touch. You can use this ability 12 times a day.
• Aura of Courage (Su) (Core 61): You are immune to fear (magical or otherwise). Each ally within 10 feet of her gains a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against fear effects.
• Symbolic Weapon +2 (Su): When wielding his deity’s favored weapon(Glaive), the sentinel gains a +1 sacred or profane bonus on attack and damage rolls. These bonuses increase by 1 for every 3 levels he has in the sentinel prestige class (maximum +4). His deity’s favored weapon also functions as a holy (or unholy) symbol when wielded by a sentinel.
• Divine boon 1: Graceful Warrior (Sp) animate rope 3/day, cat’s grace 2/day, or haste 1/day
• Divine Quickness (Ex): Starting at 4th level, so long as the sentinel carries his deity’s favored weapon, he gains a +2 sacred or profane bonus on initiative checks. The weapon doesn’t need to be carried in hand, but must at least be on his person and accessible enough that he can wield it with no greater than a move action. At 8th level, this bonus increases to +4.
Aligned Strike (Su): At 5th level, the sentinel gains the ability to bypass a specific type of damage reduction when wielding his deity’s favored weapon. Good: The sentinel can treat his weapon as holy if his deity is good.
• Weapon Focus (Glaive) (Core 136): You gain a +1 bonus on all attack rolls you make with this weapon.
• Power Attack (Core 131): You can choose to take a –2 penalty on all melee attack rolls and combat maneuver checks to gain a +3 bonus on all melee damage rolls. This bonus to damage is increased to +6 with two-handed weapons, a one handed weapon using two hands, or a primary natural weapon. This bonus to damage is decreased to +2 if you are making an attack with an off-hand weapon or secondary natural weapon.
• Greater Mercy (UM 152): When you use your lay on hands ability and the target of that ability does not have any conditions your mercies can remove, it instead heals an additional +1d6 points of damage.
• Deific Obedience (Inner Sea Gods)Each deity requires a different daily obedience, but all obediences take no more than 1 hour per day to perform. Once you’ve performed the obedience, you gain the benefit of a special ability or resistance as indicated in the “Obedience” entry for the god to whom you performed the obedience. Obedience Paint a small picture, compose a short poem or song, dance a scene from a ballet, or create another work of art, whispering praise to Shelyn’s beauty and grace as you do so. The art piece need be neither large nor complex, but heartfelt and made to the best of your ability. Gift the piece of art to a stranger and pay her a sincere compliment as you do so. If there are no suitable individuals around to receive the gift, leave it in an obvious place with a note praising Shelyn and asking whoever finds it to take it with your warmest wishes. Gain a +4 sacred bonus on Craft and Perform checks.
• Clarifying Channel: Once per day when you channel positive energy to heal living creatures, if any of the creatures you healed are currently affected by one or more charms or compulsions that allowed a saving throw, you grant each of those creatures an immediate save to prematurely end one of those effects. Creatures healed gain a sacred bonus on this save equal to your Charisma bonus (minimum +1).
• Flagbearer: As long as you hold your clan, house, or party’s flag, members of that allegiance within 30 feet who can see the flag (including yourself ) gain a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, and saving throws against fear and charm effects. You must hold the flag in one hand in order to grant this bonus. If the standard is taken by the enemy or destroyed, this bonus becomes a penalty, affecting all creatures that the bonus previously affected for 1 hour (or until you reclaim the lost flag).
• Ultimate Mercy: You can expend 10 uses of lay on hands to bring a single dead creature you touch back to life as a raise dead spell with a caster level equal to your paladin level. You must provide the material component for raise dead or choose to accept 1 temporary negative level; this level automatically goes away after 24 hours, never becomes a permanent negative level, and cannot be overcome in any way except by waiting for the duration to expire.
• Iron Will You get a +2 bonus on all Will saving throws.
Guardian Mythic Tier 5
HP bonus +25
Guardian's Call Ability Absorb Blow (Su): As an immediate action, whenever you take hit point damage from a single source (such as a dragon's breath, a spell, or a weapon), you can expend one use of mythic power to reduce the damage you take from that source by 5 per tier (to a minimum of 0 points of damage taken). If you have another ability or effect that reduces damage (such as protection from energy), reduce the damage with the absorb blow ability before applying any other damage-reducing effects. For every 10 points of damage that this ability prevents, for 1 minute you gain DR 1/epic and 5 points of resistance against acid, cold, electricity, fire, and sonic damage. The DR and resistances stack with any other DR and resistances that you have.
Mythic Path Ability:
Legendary Item Ability: Unyielding: A legendary item with this ability has double the hardness of a typical item of its type and triple the hit points. Furthermore, it's immune to all attempts to sunder it made by non-mythic creatures. This is a persistent ability.
2) Display of Charisma (Su): As a free action, you can expend one use of mythic power to attempt a feat of Charisma, gaining a +20 circumstance bonus on one Charisma-based skill check or Charisma ability check.
3) Impervious Body (Su): You gain DR 5/epic. This ability can be taken a second time at 6th tier or higher and a third time at 9th tier or higher. Each additional time it's taken, the DR increases by 5.
3) Mythic Mercy (Su) :When you use the mercy paladin class feature, your caster level check to remove curses, diseases, and poisons automatically succeeds unless the affliction is from a mythic source. If you expend one use of mythic power when using a mercy, you add break enchantment to its effect, using your paladin level as your caster level. You must have the mercy class feature to select this ability.
4) Divine Source (Su): You can grant divine spells to those who follow your cause, allowing them to select you as their deity for the purposes of determining their spells and domains. Select two domains upon taking this ability. These domains must be alignment domains matching your alignment if possible, unless your alignment is neutral. You grant access to these domains as if you were a deity. Creatures that gain spells from you don't receive any spells per day of levels higher than your tier; they lose those spell slots. In addition, you can cast spells from domains you grant as long as their level is equal to or less than your tier. Each day as a spell-like ability, you can cast one spell of each level equal to or less than your tier (selecting from those available to you from your divine source domains). If you're a cleric or you venerate a deity, you may change your spell domains to those you grant others. At 6th tier and 9th tier, you can select this ability again, adding one domain and two subdomains to your list each time and adding their spells to the list of those that you can cast. (LAW, GOOD)
5) Mythic Power: Draw Fire (Su): As an immediate action, when an ally within 30 feet is targeted with a ranged weapon attack, you can have that attack target you instead. If you would normally be out of range for that attack, the attack is able to hit you as if you were at maximum range. You can use this ability without using an immediate action by expending one use of mythic power.
Mythic Feat: WEAPON FOCUS (MYTHIC)
2) Mythic Feat:EXTRA PATH ABILITY (MYTHIC)
3) Mythic Feat (Mythic Iron Will): When you make a Will save from a non-mythic source, roll twice and take the higher result
Recuperation (Ex): At 3rd tier, you are restored to full hit points after 8 hours of rest so long as you aren't dead. In addition, by expending one use of mythic power and resting for 1 hour, you regain a number of hit points equal to half your full hit points (up to a maximum of your full hit points) and regain the use of any class features that are limited to a certain number of uses per day (such as barbarian rage, bardic performance, spells per day, and so on). This rest is treated as 8 hours of sleep for such abilities. This rest doesn't refresh uses of mythic power or any mythic abilities that are limited to a number of times per day.
Hard to Kill (Ex): Whenever you're below 0 hit points, you automatically stabilize without needing to attempt a Constitution check. If you have an ability that allows you to act while below 0 hit points, you still lose hit points for taking actions, as specified by that ability. Bleed damage still causes you to lose hit points when below 0 hit points. In addition, you don't die until your total number of negative hit points is equal to or greater than double your Constitution score.
Mythic Power (Su): Mythic characters can draw upon a wellspring of power to accomplish amazing deeds and cheat fate. This power is used by a number of different abilities. Each day, you can expend an amount of mythic power equal to 3 plus double your mythic tier (5/day at 1st tier, 7/day at 2nd, etc.). This amount is your maximum amount of mythic power. If an ability allows you to regain uses of your mythic power, you can never have more than this amount.
Surge (Su): You can call upon your mythic power to overcome difficult challenges. You can expend one use of mythic power to increase any d20 roll you just made by rolling 1d6 and adding it to the result. Using this ability is an immediate action taken after the result of the original roll is revealed. This can change the outcome of the roll. The bonus die gained by using this ability increases to 1d8 at 4th tier, 1d10 at 7th tier, and 1d12 at 10th tier.
Mythic Saving Throws (Ex): At 5th tier, whenever you succeed at a saving throw against a spell or special ability, you suffer no effects as long as that ability didn't come from a mythic source (such as a creature with a mythic tier or mythic ranks). If you fail a saving throw that results from a mythic source, you take the full effects as normal.
Exposed to Awfulness - Guardian. +3 hp per level, when reduced to negative hp by an attack or effect from a demon, the PC can expend a mythic power to heal damage equal to 2d6+twice your mythic tier. You cannot use this to avoid a killing blow.
Guardians respect life and believe there is no greater duty or higher calling than protecting the lives of innocents and those who are too vulnerable to protect themselves. These brave, unwavering individuals gladly risk life and limb in defending whoever or whatever they have vowed to protect, whether it’s a city, village, fortress wall, or even a strategic pass. They willingly sacrifice themselves to the last soul to carry out their duty, and they find their honor, valor, and glory in defense rather than in taking the battle to others. When not actively involved in protecting their charge, they spend their time teaching defensive tactics and skills to those willing to learn.
If you are a guardian, you:
• Protect the lives of others at your own risk.
• Are motivated to protect the weak and the innocent.
• Improve the tactics and defensive skills of those you aid.
Code: You risk your life to protect the lives and well being of others.
Shelyn’s Paladin Code
The paladins of Shelyn are peaceable promoters of art and beauty. They see the ugliness in evil, even when cloaked in the form of beauty, and their mission is to defend those who devote their lives to the creation of beauty, bring it forth themselves, and prevent the weak and foolish from being seduced by false promises. Their tenets include the following adages.
• I see beauty in others. As a rough stone hides a diamond, a drab face may hide the heart of a saint.
Nilus grew up in Varisia hearing about the Worldwound and its effects in the North. He traveled North with a group of idealistic knights from Magnimar. As their Bannerbearer, Nilus was responsible for keeping morale up and keeping them rallied in battle. During a skirmish with a group of cultists he was separated from his unit, the Varisian Lions he was wounded dreadfully and lingered on death's door for weeks. This Exposure to Awfulness, changed his carefree outlook on life and made him a more hardbitten crusader. With the destruction of the Kite and the invasion of Kenabres Nilus has taken a role in rallying the defenders of the city in repelling the demonic horde.
+3 Holy Cold Iron Glaive (Radiance),
+2 Evil Outsider Bane Cold Iron Longsword (Rose’s Kiss)
Kit - Paladin's,
Potion CLW, Holy Water, Potion CSW, Potion of Lesser Restoration, Medal of Valor, Medal of Command,
Red Knight's Pennon of Battle (Heroism once/day)
Armor of the Pious (+2 Mithril FullPlate) (Worn) - 1/day increase enhancement bonus by +2 (swift action) - +1 lay on hands per day - +1 use of mythic power per day
+2 Composite Longbow (+2STR)
Belt of Mighty Constitution +2
Cloak of Resistance +1
Talisman of Pure Good
Ring of Protection +5