Book5 Part 9 Halls of Wrath
Magic: Evocation. Sin mages who follow the path of Wrath focus on complete mastery of the raw destructive power of magic, and delight in channelling those destructive forces in awesome displays. Opposing abjuration (Envy), conjuration (Sloth).
Description: Island broken up into three factions in constant war. The entire area is made up of trenches and barricades of the different factions. The population have turned into mutilated berserkers.
During the millennia of isolation, the mages were slowly consumed by Rage, and eventually forgot how to do magic. Minor issues between individuals slowly turned into different fractions conducting full scale ware between each other.
The entire area is dominated by trenches and barricades splitting the sphere up in different battlefields. During the years different fractions have controlled the separate battlefields, but no side have managed to take the upper hand to end the conflict. The bloody effect of the eternal was can bee seen everywhere with spike traps and heaps of fallen soldiers and weapons. Each fraction has a tent base area surrounded by spiked walls; the rest of the sphere is a burned battlefield.
The years of battle have turned the mages into mutilated barbarians. Sin spawn axemen can be summoned and recreated, but none of the barbarians are intact. Most of them miss at least one limb and have gruesome battle scars.
Athroxis castle lies on the upper ground overseeing the battlefields. Her castle if the reward for the most brave and brutal fighters who might be accepted into her service. This is more or less a religion of all the berserkers in the area, and the saying is that when a fighter dies, they go into the eternal wars inside the castle.
Npc: Aviram Makkerzan. One armed, and one-eyed fighter. Leader of the Bloody Axe faction. If the PC kills the other faction leader, she will let them to the path to the Halls of Wrath. The two other faction leaders are Eikonas Dagatag (of the faction Kill Stealers) and Agrolys Posipon (of the faction Hit them hard).
Sin Demon: Vrock – Xolvoneth Bloodrager, arms dealer and warmonger. He runs the spiky forge tower and have connection to all the different factions, giving them military advise and supply them with new spiky weapons.
• War tents: All the three factions have a tent area where they prepare for the next battle and gear up. The central tent I the war rent where they make up all the battleplans. Each area is surrounded by spiky palisades. Each area a medical tent where they take care of all the wounded and attach weapon parts to lost limbs.
• No mans land: A series of battlefield interconnected by trenches. It’s a complete maze with trenches supplied with traps and piles bodies and worn-out broken weapons.
• Arena of honour: One of the central battlefields are an arena surrounded with seats for an audience. This is where formal challenges between fighters in the factions take place. For big fight members of all faction might attend.
• The rage labyrinth: For those fighters who are so utterly consumed by rage so the cant function anymore is let down in a separate trench system. Here the utterly mad hunt each other down like wild animals.
• The forest of thorns: A spiky forest in the outer rim of the island is the supply of all the palisades. Some spiky and unpleasant demons hunt the area.
• The forge tower: Inside the forest is a spiky tower with the forge. The Vrock have a couple of demon minions endlessly forging new weapons.
• Halls of Wrath: A path through the forest least up to the hill where the castle containing the halls rest.