1) Add +1 to any 2 Labels (Danger, Freak)
2) Rearrange all my Labels, add +1
Diego grew up in the system, an orphan from birth. Bounced around from foster to foster, shelter to shelter, until eventually living entirely on the streets. He eventually hooked up with the Bay City Aces, a gang with a few metas, but nothing major. From there he caught the eye of Spinneret and her team, and was recruited.
You keep trying to impress (Darling Derby) with your antics.
You and (Tumbler) pulled an awesome (if illegal) stunt together.
Darling Derby, Ziss, Arcana
Darling Derby, Ziss
DIRECTLY ENGAGE A THREAT: When you directly engage a threat, roll + Danger. On a hit, trade blows. On a 10+, pick two. On a 7-9, pick one.
• resist or avoid their blows
• take something from them
• create an opportunity for your allies
• impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition
UNLEASH YOUR POWERS: When you unleash your powers to overcome an obstacle, reshape your environment, or extend your senses, roll + Freak. On a hit, you do it. On a 7-9, mark a condition or the GM will tell you how the effect is unstable or temporary.
COMFORT OR SUPPORT: When you comfort or support someone, roll
+ Mundane. On a hit, they hear you: they mark potential, clear a condition, or shift Labels if they open up to you. On a 10+, you can also add a Team to the pool or clear a condition yourself.
PIERCE THE MASK: When you pierce someone’s mask to see the person beneath, roll + Mundane. On a 10+, ask three. On a 7-9, ask one.
• what are you really planning?
• what do you want me to do?
• what do you intend to do?
• how could I get your character to ___?
• how could I gain Influence over you?
DEFEND: When you defend someone or something from an immediate threat, roll + Savior. For NPC threats: on a hit, you keep them safe and choose one. On a 7-9, it costs you: expose yourself to danger or escalate the situation.
• add a Team to the pool
• take Influence over someone you protect
• clear a condition
For PC threats: on a hit, give them -2 to their roll. On a 7-9, you expose yourself to cost, retribution, or judgment.
ASSESS THE SITUATION: When you assess the situation, roll + Superior. On a 10+, ask two. On a 7-9, ask one. Take +1 while acting on the answers.
• what here can I use to ________?
• what here is the biggest threat?
• what here is in the greatest danger?
• who here is most vulnerable to me?
• how could we best end this quickly?
PROVOKE SOMEONE: When you provoke someone susceptible to your words, say what you’re trying to get them to do and roll + Superior. For NPCs: on a 10+, they rise to the bait and do what you want. On a 7-9, they can instead choose one.
• they stumble: you take +1 forward against them
• they err: you gain a critical opportunity
• they overreact: you gain Influence over them
For PCs: On a 10+, both. On a 7-9, choose one.
• if they do it, add a Team to the pool
• if they don’t do it, they mark a condition
TAKE A POWERFUL BLOW: When you take a powerful blow, roll + conditions marked. On a 10+, choose one.
• you must remove yourself from the situation: flee, pass out, etc.
• you lose control of yourself or your powers in a terrible way
• two options from the 7-9 list
On a 7-9, choose one.
• you lash out verbally: provoke a teammate to foolhardy action or take advantage
of your Influence to inflict a condition
• you give ground; your opposition gets an opportunity
• you struggle past the pain; mark two conditions
On a miss, you stand strong. Mark potential as normal, and say how you weather the blow.
TROUBLEMAKER: When you help a teammate through destructive, criminal, or rule-breaking actions, you can give them a +2 instead of a +1 when you spend a Team from the pool.
CRIMINAL MIND: When you assess the situation, you can always ask one of the following questions, even on a miss:
- what here is useful or valuable to me?
- how could I best infuriate or provoke
- what’s the best way in/way past?
MARY CONTRARY: When someone tries to pierce your mask, comfort or support you, or provoke you, you can interfere. Roll + Superior. On a hit, they take a -2 on their roll. On a 10+, you also take Influence over them or clear a condition. On a miss, they get a 10+ no matter what they rolled and you mark a condition of their choice.