Origns 2012 Judge Request

Local Play

4/5 5/55/5 *

Pathfinder Adventure, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I have been organizing judges for Origins Parhfinder Society on a yahoo group until Origns formally puts up their registration. If you want to judge Pathfinder Society at Origins, please send me an email at vltrokktor@yahoo.com or go to

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Origins_Society_Lodge/

I have posted our schedule there.

Hope to hear from you soon.

D. Santana
VLt New York

Liberty's Edge 4/5 5/55/5 **

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Great work David, and one of these years I have to go to this convention. Though I am curious why a NY VLt is organizing and Ohio event?

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Also David, you guys in NY should look at setting up PFS at this Convention next Year...

ICON.

All of the 90's are filled with great memories of this convention.

Grand Lodge 4/5 5/5

I've worked that con in the past.

Silver Crusade 5/5

Dragnmoon wrote:
Great work David, and one of these years I have to go to this convention. Though I am curious why a NY VLt is organizing and Ohio event?

If memory serves, when the beginning stages of planning Origins was happening there wasn't a Ohio VC/VL, but my memory may be flawed there. Last year it was organized by Doug Doug.

The Exchange 5/5

Actually (I hate that word...),

Josh Frost organized it in 2009, I organized it in 2010, and The Gathering organized it in 2011. At the Senior GM's request, The Gathering left the on-site organizing up to them so to the outside it may have appeared to be organized by me. But it was Todd Morgan, Bob Jonquett, Neil Shackleton & myself doing the marshaling.

I presume that David is doing the organizing as a favor to New York VC Art Lobdell, who has a long-time involvement with Origins & The Gathering. I hope that Origins is bigger than ever. With Mike Brock there, it's practically guaranteed. I regret not going this year. Every year it has grown and hopefully David can recruit enough GMs so there's no overflow or 7-player tables.

4/5 5/55/5 *

Dragnmoon wrote:

Traditionally, it has been done by the same people who have been doing it Predominently people who have been doing it for years. Art Lobdel is actually in charge, who is the Venture Captain NY/NJ//CT. He has been involved. With Origins for Years working first RPGA and With Arcanis and Finally woth Pathfinder. If you were with us last year you have met him. This year, we are so expanded, I am pitching in. So don't think of me as a NY guy, but VLt for the Pathfinder Society

4/5 5/55/5 *

Dragnmoon wrote:

Also David, you guys in NY should look at setting up PFS at this Convention next Year...

ICON.

All of the 90's are filled with great memories of this convention.

ICON has not been too kind to us. I organized RPGA for them for a few years, with them limiting our resources until they took us off their program. I would be happy to organize for them and that may be in the works.

4/5 5/55/5 *

Doug Miles wrote:

Actually (I hate that word...),

Josh Frost organized it in 2009, I organized it in 2010, and The Gathering organized it in 2011. At the Senior GM's request, The Gathering left the on-site organizing up to them so to the outside it may have appeared to be organized by me. But it was Todd Morgan, Bob Jonquett, Neil Shackleton & myself doing the marshaling.

I presume that David is doing the organizing as a favor to New York VC Art Lobdell, who has a long-time involvement with Origins & The Gathering. I hope that Origins is bigger than ever. With Mike Brock there, it's practically guaranteed. I regret not going this year. Every year it has grown and hopefully David can recruit enough GMs so there's no overflow or 7-player tables.

Indeed I am assisting Art. Which speaks well, since Origins is my playing con, for me to finally return to my judging roots at Origins ....well. We have a few things in store. Art will b win charge of the gathering at Origins this year with Kitty Curtis, so you will prolly see me or him mustering Parhfinder

David Santana wrote:
ICON has not been too kind to us. I organized RPGA for them for a few years, with them limiting our resources until they took us off their program. I would be happy to organize for them and that may be in the works.

We had problems with them in the past as well. In the Mid 90s we ran a popular Vampire Larp based on our rules of Vampire: The masqurade, They kicked us out after we got too large.

Odd that they cause problems for Larger Games.

5/5

Good luck, would love to be there again this year, but trying to coordinate between work, school, and convention schedules has proven to be difficult

Dark Archive 4/5

Does anyone know when Event tickets go on sale for Origins?

Community / Forums / Organized Play / Events / Local Play / Origns 2012 Judge Request All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Local Play