Akarna Awakens

Game Master Prosperum

An expedition to a hyperborean land in search of vast wealth and adventure


401 to 450 of 973 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

F Kineticist 2 (Air & Water) / Talisman Dabbler | Perc +5 (+2 circ. to Init.) | Stealth: +7| HP 32/32 | Speed: 25' | AC: 19 [21 w/shield] | Fort: +10 | Ref: +9 | Will: +5 | Class DC 18 | Conditions: OK | Hero Points: 1 | Shield HP 20/20 BT 10, Hd 5 | Deflecting Wave ⟳ Resistance 2 vs B or S dmg; 4 vs fire or acid | ◆ ◇ ↺

"They are pretty," Jade agrees, then sizes up her companions. "I'll take point. My lightning and water works just as well up close as it does far away, and I've got my shield to protect me." She gives it a gentle thump with her palm to emphasize her point. "Everyone ready?"


Goblin Bauble Finder Thaumaturge 2 | HP 28 | AC 19 | Fort 7 | Ref 7 | Will 5 | Perc +5 | Speed: 25 | Class DC 18 | Hero Points: 2/3 | ◆ ◇ ↺

Kork picks up one colourful geode to inspect it for a short moment. He squints his eyes at the stone and turns it around a few times before putting it in his backpack. "Feathers!" he shouts at Okoteck before coming closer to the tengu. "Must mark this place on map. Shiny metals here. Silver, maybe even mithril."


F Kineticist 2 (Air & Water) / Talisman Dabbler | Perc +5 (+2 circ. to Init.) | Stealth: +7| HP 32/32 | Speed: 25' | AC: 19 [21 w/shield] | Fort: +10 | Ref: +9 | Will: +5 | Class DC 18 | Conditions: OK | Hero Points: 1 | Shield HP 20/20 BT 10, Hd 5 | Deflecting Wave ⟳ Resistance 2 vs B or S dmg; 4 vs fire or acid | ◆ ◇ ↺

"Mithral! This big geode definitely has mithral ore in it, and of high quality! Jade exclaims after examining the largest geode. "If we can dislodge it, we can drag it to wherever we're setting the rope and pulley and lower it down. There's no way we're climbing with it, unless Okoteck has a spell of some sort to make it lighter?"


M Tengu Magus 2 | HP 24/24 | AC: 18 | F +7 R +8 W +6| Perc: +4, Low-light vision | Speed: 25' | Spell DC 17 | Hero Points: 1 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Spellstrike: 1 | Current Effects: | Okoteck's Notes
Old Kork wrote:
"Feathers!" he shouts at Okoteck before coming closer to the tengu. "Must mark this place on map. Shiny metals here. Silver, maybe even mithril."

"But of course," Okoteck replies to Kork's suggestion, though he doesn't immediately get out his notebook.

Once the group has examined the area and found no dangers, the tengu sheathes his sword. He seems as excited by the rusted pick as anything else. "We know ibn Rashad returned with mithral and diamonds... perhaps this pick dates from his expedition? Or perhaps it is a sign that other explorers unknown to history made their way here?"

He examines the pick on the off chance he can find any clues to its origin.

Society?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 Same bonus if a Crafting check to identify the style of its construction would be more appropriate. Reduce to +3 if Nature to identify the source of wood would be more revealing. Or just tell me I should roll each check. XD

Jade Morrow wrote:
"There's no way we're climbing with it, unless Okoteck has a spell of some sort to make it lighter?"

The tengu shakes his head sadly. "I am but a dabbler in the arcane. I have no spell to reduce weight. But would not a chunk of mitral ore care little for being dropped from a height? Even were it to break, the pieces would be as valuable as the hole."

Or are we no longer up on the kraton?


Map

You are still on the kraton. Once freed, it would be about as heavy to carry as a suit of full plate. Tough, but doable. The blacksmith would be better placed to crack it open without damaging the contents.
The camp is about a 15 minute walk, and your climbing kits have just enough rope to lower it down.

Okoteck:
It's a Cornyrian mining pick, a little over a hundred years old. Too young to be from Rashad's expedition, but too old to have come from a present competitor.


Map

As you gather around the geode and begin to break it out of the surrounding rock using your hammers and pitons as picks, you hear two soft thunks from behind you.

Turning, you behold that the two large icicles you noted upon entering are somehow alive, and their serpentine forms slither across the floor to attack the source of the noise. How solid ice could move with such sinuous grace and not crack, you are uncertain, but the evidence is right before you, and about to attack.

GM Notes:
Perception, Jade: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Perception, Jaym'row: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Perception, Syper: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Perception, Kork: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Perception, Okoteck: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Initiative order:
Icicle snakes, 27
Jade, 23
Okoteck, 21
Kork, 12
Jaym'row, 8
Syper, 7

GM Notes:
Snake attack 1, Syper: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Snake attack 2, Syper: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Snake attack 1, Kork: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Damage, Syper: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 2 = 8
Damage, Kork: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4) + 2 = 10

The snake who landed closest to the party takes two quick bites of Syper, digging into his flesh and spraying him with a clear secretion that begins hardening into ice on his body, inflicting numbing cold. Syper takes 8 piercing damage, and 1d6 persistent cold damage will be dealt to him at the end of each of his turns unless he succeeds at a DC 15 flat check to end the damage. Exposure to fire or high heat of some sort, or taking two actions to scrape off the fluid grants an extra DC 10 flat check that turn to stop the damage.

The snake that was further from the party slinks forward and bites Kork with special ferocity, dousing him in the same chilling bile. Critical hit for 10 piercing damage, and 1d6 persistent cold as above.

Kork:
Esoteric lore DC 16


F Kineticist 2 (Air & Water) / Talisman Dabbler | Perc +5 (+2 circ. to Init.) | Stealth: +7| HP 32/32 | Speed: 25' | AC: 19 [21 w/shield] | Fort: +10 | Ref: +9 | Will: +5 | Class DC 18 | Conditions: OK | Hero Points: 1 | Shield HP 20/20 BT 10, Hd 5 | Deflecting Wave ⟳ Resistance 2 vs B or S dmg; 4 vs fire or acid | ◆ ◇ ↺

Jade leaps into action quickly, activating her kinetic aura ◆ and sending a shower of hailstones ◇ to try and shatter the icicle snake in front of Kork.

Elemental Blast ◆: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
B Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Then Jade yells, "Move!" Syper, Kork, Jaym'row, and Okotek feel a tailwind ◆◆ ready to propel them wherever they want to go. Four Winds allows 4 willing creatures to Stride up to half their speed immediately. You don't have to move if you don't want to.


Map

Jade's blast misses her foe, clattering off the wall behind it and landing with a puff in the snow. Her elemental powers grant her companions a burst of celerity, permitting them to reposition advantageously.

These monsters are slightly stronger than ones you've fought before; flanking and using the bard's song to maximum effect will be helpful here.


Female (she/her) Catfolk Rogue (Captivator) 2 | AC 19 + nimble dodge hp 24/24 XP 200 Hero Pts 1| Map | Nautical Terms

Jaym'row moves toward the east cave wall.


M Tengu Magus 2 | HP 24/24 | AC: 18 | F +7 R +8 W +6| Perc: +4, Low-light vision | Speed: 25' | Spell DC 17 | Hero Points: 1 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Spellstrike: 1 | Current Effects: | Okoteck's Notes

Okoteck seems almost to float on the wind Jade summons, angling to circle around behind the attacking creatures. He keeps on his course once his steps grow heavier, getting behind the one attacking Kork. As he has before he summons lightning in his left hand before channeling it through the blade in his right as he strikes.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 Plus flanking?
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Lightning Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 1) = 7

◆ Stride ◆◆ Spellstrike with Horizon Thunder Sphere


Map

GM Notes:
Blue snake now at 21 hp.

The monster, focused on Kork, is unable to dodge the tengu's electrified shortsword. As the lightning conducts through the creature's icy form, a burst of illumination refracts outward from its faceted flesh, briefly painting the walls with a kaleidoscopic flurry of light. It hisses in pain and turns its attention to Okoteck, its erstwhile goblin prey forgotten.

Flanking is handled as a -2 AC penalty to a monster against attacks from the flankers, not a bonus to their attack rolls.


Goblin Bauble Finder Thaumaturge 2 | HP 28 | AC 19 | Fort 7 | Ref 7 | Will 5 | Perc +5 | Speed: 25 | Class DC 18 | Hero Points: 2/3 | ◆ ◇ ↺

◆ Exploit Vulnerability: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Success
You recall an important fact about the creature, learning its highest weakness (or one of its highest weaknesses, if it has multiple with the same value) but not its other weaknesses, resistances, or immunities. You can exploit either the creature's mortal weakness or personal antithesis. Your unarmed and weapon Strikes against the creature also become magical if they weren't already.

◆ Draw Spikes the Starknife

◆ Strike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 181d4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8 plus highest vulnerability or 3, whichever is higher

Persistent cold: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Kork looks at the creatures, attempting to recall what they are. The creatures are faster, however, and he ends up receiving a nasty wound. Caught off guard, he quickly pulls out a vial, uncorks it and dips one of the blades into it. As he does, the blade starts emanating an orange glow. "Kork not like two things now. Bullies and walking icicle. Burn!" he slashes at the entity.

If they have a vulnerability, I would also share what it is with the party.

HP 4, AC 19


Map

GM Notes:
Blue snake at 8hp.

flat check, Kork: 1d20 ⇒ 8 vs DC 15

The creatures are, unsurprisingly, vulnerable to fire.

Kork's weapon strikes the creature a heavy blow, and a spiderweb of cracks radiates outward through its icy substance as his blade strikes home. The snake-thing hisses in confusion and pain.


Female (she/her) Catfolk Rogue (Captivator) 2 | AC 19 + nimble dodge hp 24/24 XP 200 Hero Pts 1| Map | Nautical Terms

Jaym'row draws her rapier as she approaches the snakicles from the opposite side as Syper, trying to stab at something that resembles a vital organ. As she faces the dangerous creatures, her fur along her tail stands on end, making her tail appear three times as thick as it switches back and forth.

◆Interact (draw weapon) ◆Stride ◆Strike

Rapier: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Flanking should make it off-guard unless Syper doesn't have a weapon ready yet.
Damage, rapier: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Sneak Attack damage, precision: 1d6 ⇒ 3 if target is flat-footed off-guard.


Male Changeling Human Bard 2|HP 24|AC 18|F4; R7; W6|Perc +6| Speed: 25|Conditions:|Hero Points: 1/3|Focus: 1/2|◆ ◇ ↺

"Gaah!"

Syper disengages with the snake, thanks to Jade's tailwind. He furiously scrapes away the rime while calling out, "We got these buggers, cold as they might be!"

Half-stride from Jade ↺, scrape off the fluid ◆◆, courageous anthem ◆

scrape check: 1d20 ⇒ 8


Map

Technically, Syper moved on Jade's turn via the Four Winds and Jaymie no longer has flanking, but you couldn't have known that due to the asynchronous nature of the posts. Since this encounter isn't a boss fight I won't really be that big of a stickler this time.

The catfolk's blade works its way into a crack in the creature's icy form, breaking it open and leaving it in pieces on the floor of the cave. It writhes once, then goes still.

Syper's attempts to scrape off the bile are unsuccessful, and numbing cold continues to seep into his body as the fluid hardens into ice. His voice remains calm and clear despite his peril, belting out an anthem of supernatural vigor.

All players receive a +1 status bonus to attack and damage rolls for 1 turn.

GM Notes:

End of turn flat check, Syper: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Cold damage, Syper: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Snake attack 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
damage 1: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
attack 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
damage 2: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The remaining snake slides to the south and snaps repeatedly at Okoteck. One bite connects solidly, squirting cold fluid onto his leg. Okoteck takes 5 piercing damage now and 1d6 persistent cold damage at the end of each of his turns until he scrapes off the bile or makes a DC15 flat check.


F Kineticist 2 (Air & Water) / Talisman Dabbler | Perc +5 (+2 circ. to Init.) | Stealth: +7| HP 32/32 | Speed: 25' | AC: 19 [21 w/shield] | Fort: +10 | Ref: +9 | Will: +5 | Class DC 18 | Conditions: OK | Hero Points: 1 | Shield HP 20/20 BT 10, Hd 5 | Deflecting Wave ⟳ Resistance 2 vs B or S dmg; 4 vs fire or acid | ◆ ◇ ↺

Looking at Syper's wounds, Jade reaches out and gives him a spritz of healing water ◆.

Ocean's Balm Healing: 1d8 ⇒ 4 You also gain resistance 1 to fire for 1 minute, not that that's super useful right now.

Then she sends another shower of hailstones◆◆ towards the remaining snake.

Elemental Blast: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 = 18
B Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 Adding my Con mod to the blast is a status bonus so it doesn't stack with Courageous Anthem.


Map

GM Notes:
Remaining snake: 24hp
flat check: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Jade's healing waters flow over Syper's body, not only washing away some of his wounds but also clearing away the gelid bile.

With the notes of the bard's song granting her preternatural focus, Jade's blast of hailstones crash into the monster, causing significant fractures and spiderweb cracks in its otherworldly body.


Goblin Bauble Finder Thaumaturge 2 | HP 28 | AC 19 | Fort 7 | Ref 7 | Will 5 | Perc +5 | Speed: 25 | Class DC 18 | Hero Points: 2/3 | ◆ ◇ ↺

Spikes the Starknife: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 171d4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6 plus their highest weakness
Spikes the Starknife: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 4 = 201d4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8 plus their highest weakness

◆ Stride, ◆ Strike, ◆ Strike

With significant wounds and starknife in hand, Kork walks up to the creature and slashes at it twice.


Map

You forgot the courageous anthem bonuses again.

The snake's attention torn between two foes, the goblin's starknife, glowing with a mysterious power, strikes twice. The first blow sends massive cracks shooting through the creature's flesh, causing it to cry out, while the second catches itself in a particularly large crack and levers it until the creature literally snaps in half. It shrieks and grows still.

Persistent damage flat check: 1d20 ⇒ 11 vs. DC 15
Cold damage, Kork: 1d6 ⇒ 1

The bile, however, has yet to lose its potency. Icy fingers of frost continue their slow numbing spread across Kork's flesh.

Initiative will continue until the bile has been handled.


Goblin Bauble Finder Thaumaturge 2 | HP 28 | AC 19 | Fort 7 | Ref 7 | Will 5 | Perc +5 | Speed: 25 | Class DC 18 | Hero Points: 2/3 | ◆ ◇ ↺

The goblin looks at his wounds as the cold spreads through his body. He lifts up his hand, fingers blue with starting stages of frostbite. "Kork know he strong, but not scared to ask for help. So... Help?" he looks around the group.


Female (she/her) Catfolk Rogue (Captivator) 2 | AC 19 + nimble dodge hp 24/24 XP 200 Hero Pts 1| Map | Nautical Terms

Jaym'row snarls in relief as the snakicles crack and fall apart. Then she notices Old Kork's distress and rushes to his side to try to help scrape the cold stuff off him with the dull side of her rapier.

Consider this an aid, either to reduce the DC of the next flat check or to grant him an additional check.


Map

flat check: 1d20 ⇒ 13 vs. DC 10 (for active aid)

The hardened bile, its consistency like sticky ice, cracks under the pressure of Jaym'row's administrations and falls to the cavern floor.

Okoteck still has some bile on his leg.


Map

Never mind, it's not important to RP that, since he's not low on health and the monsters are dead.

After scraping the bile off of the magus, it takes roughly a half-hour for Jade to heal the wounds of her party mates. It is then another hour with the picks and hammers to fully remove the geode from the wall. The party takes turns rolling the rock toward the camp.

A few dozen yards past the cavern, you come to the edge of the cliff. Spying the nearly-complete camp below, you catch sight of the cox’n, who waves in your direction and lets out a yell that echoes off the cliff face.


“Tie a rope and get down here, swabbies. Dinner’s almost ready!”

He spies your cargo.

"That's one hell of a rock. Careful not to drop it!" He cackles. "The captain will want to hear all about your trip!"


Map

The lip provides an excellent spot to hammer in pitons and tie a knotted rope for a quick path back down to camp. You coil the rope around the geode and tie a square knot, forming a makeshift harness that allows you to slowly lower it down to the base of the cliff, then attach your carabiners and slowly clamber down the rope after it. Just as you prepare to descend, you notice a trail of black smoke from over the horizon to the northwest. You watch for several minutes but are unable to determine if it is natural or man-made.

Back at the camp, as you cluster around the cooking fire under the summer sun--still bright and yellow even well after five--Captain Ferrino looks up from his fish soup and asks you for a report.


"I take it you have discovered some mineralogical curiosities of sufficient interest to merit carrying fifty pounds of rock down an eighty foot cliff. And if you found a way up, you must have had quite the view of our surroundings. Anything I should know about?"


M Tengu Magus 2 | HP 24/24 | AC: 18 | F +7 R +8 W +6| Perc: +4, Low-light vision | Speed: 25' | Spell DC 17 | Hero Points: 1 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Spellstrike: 1 | Current Effects: | Okoteck's Notes

Okoteck is just as glad that the 'snakes' shatter without too much difficulty. Having felt their icy fangs himself, he has a healthy respect now for their danger.

"Well the first thing to be aware of is that some icicles around here want to kill us," the tengu jokes. More seriously he continues, "We were able to get a good view of our surroundings, which I've done my best to record. We did not see anything of particular interest or concern at first, but on our way back we happened upon a shallow cave. Within we found a number of stones with traces of various metals... including mitril. As well as aforementioned icicles that tried to kill us. Actually, they appeared to be a form of... ice elemental, perhaps? They took a form more like serpents to attack us, and spread a heat-sapping gel with their bites."

"As for the metals... well, there is at least some mithril. But perhaps more interestingly, someone else found the cave before us. Nearly a century before us, based on the remains. A Cornyrian mining pick, to be exact. I could see no signs of those who carried it."

He pauses, then adds, "Did you see the smoke from the northwest a few minutes ago? It was distant, but might mean trouble."


"Smoke?" The captain glances northward, but with the camp located in a depression, the horizon is blocked by trees. "We'll want to investigate that, most certainly, when we get the time. Perhaps even tomorrow."

He turns back to you. "But for now, we should take a look at this rock you found. If others have tried to mine the area in the past, that tells us there might be something there. And if there were extraplanar creatures in its vicinity, that something might be very valuable indeed."


The Captain motions to the blacksmith, who sidles over to you as you uncoil the rope harness. At the sight of it, he blinks in stupefaction for several moments before regaining his wits and eagerly inspecting it.

“This is mithril, and of incredible purity. There’s something odd about it, however…” He furrows his brow in concentration. “Let me take this to my workbench back in the tent. I’ve finished my soup anyway.”

Minutes later, you stand gathered around him as, with a little work from his pick, he pries open the geode and separates the mithril from the rock, revealing an ingot of prodigious size.


“Ilara’s light,” Mirian breathes, awed by the sight of the majestic metal as it reflects the light of the afternoon sun.


“This is mithril, all right, but not just any mithril. It’s absorbed energy from Saramir, the Realm of Metal itself. It will be incredibly hard for a normal smith to work, and is far beyond my ability, but someone skilled in magic could make something truly fantastic from it.”


Ferrino grins and slaps each of you on the back. “This is what we came here for, folks!”

He points at the ingot. "That's worth twenty thousand gold to the right people, easily. Were it not for the ever-present danger of frozen death pressing down upon us, I would break out the grog!"


Map

Increase your XP total by 120 for the snakes


Goblin Bauble Finder Thaumaturge 2 | HP 28 | AC 19 | Fort 7 | Ref 7 | Will 5 | Perc +5 | Speed: 25 | Class DC 18 | Hero Points: 2/3 | ◆ ◇ ↺

Kork pulls out the smaller geode and gently tosses it to Ferrino's feet. "More rocks there. Also nasties. Come prepared."

Did we set up the pulley on the cliff? Do you need some rolls for that?


M Tengu Magus 2 | HP 24/24 | AC: 18 | F +7 R +8 W +6| Perc: +4, Low-light vision | Speed: 25' | Spell DC 17 | Hero Points: 1 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Spellstrike: 1 | Current Effects: | Okoteck's Notes
Thorvaldur Hrolfsson wrote:
“This is mithril, all right, but not just any mithril. It’s absorbed energy from Saramir, the Realm of Metal itself. It will be incredibly hard for a normal smith to work, and is far beyond my ability, but someone skilled in magic could make something truly fantastic from it.”

"I wonder how that happened..." Okoteck murmurs to himself, mind filled with visions of arcane catastrophes or other great works of magic causing such a thing. He seems entirely uninterested in the mithril's monetary value.


There is now a small pulley set into the cliff, yes.

The dwarf pores over the other stones you retrieved, squinting and nodding.

"This one," he says, holding up the reddish geode with silvery streaks, "is a very fine piece of silver ore. Silver and mithril tend to be found together, which is why we call it by the Elven word for dawnsilver."

He holds up the yellowish geode. "This contains brimstone and antimony, and will be useful to an alchemist."

Finally, he holds up the dull brown geode. "And this is just a rock."


Female (she/her) Catfolk Rogue (Captivator) 2 | AC 19 + nimble dodge hp 24/24 XP 200 Hero Pts 1| Map | Nautical Terms

"I could tell you many folktales about some hero who finds something that is tremendously valuable, but then they can't find anyone willing to deal honestly with the hero. They either claim it is not really all that valuable but offer to take it off their hands for a few shiny coins or they try to take it by force. So having this is nice, but I'm not going to plan any major real estate purchases with my share just yet."

Jaym'row nevertheless seems a bit more cheerful for a while. She is, however, eager to set out to do more exploring.

For an example of such a tale, check out "The Pearl" by John Steinbeck.


Map

4-18-870, 8 am

The crew spends the rest of the evening celebrating the find and trading tales of what on which they intend to spend their share of the treasure.

A considerable quantity of supplies have been relocated to the camp. Seeing as the ship is not only unheated but cannot sustain a fire to drive away the chill, the majority of the crew have relocated to base camp as the fortifications near completion, with only the gunner's mate onboard to man the Dragonsbite.

The next morning, after eating a breakfast of bread and salted pork, you set off in the direction of the smoke (long since dissipated), following the frozen river.

The primeval hush of the forest is broken only by the rapid-fire chirping of robins, snowfinches, and pine warblers staking their claims upon the canopy, and the sound of your boots crunching in the snow. The pleasant smell of pine is dampened somewhat as the cold air sets your nostrils running.

Jaym'row:
Survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

You make excellent time, avoiding thin ice the few times you are forced to cross the river to bypass obstacles and threading through the trees without getting disoriented.

You break for lunch at around 1pm, wolfing down the hardtack and jerky as quickly as you can just to get it over with before resuming your journey. At 6pm, exhausted by 10 hours of trudging through snow, you pull out your tents and sleeping bags, eat another meal possessed of tooth-cracking sturdiness, and fall asleep. This far north at this time of year, the sun at 6pm has only the faintest tinge of red, so the sleepers place strips of fabric over their eyes in order to block out the light.

Jade takes first watch, as her vision will fail when the sunlight does. She then turns over duties to Kork, who watches over the camp until the small hours of the morning, at which time Okoteck rises and performs his morning stretches and studies his spellbook by moonlight until he has prepared for the new day.

Jaym'row:
Survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Syper:
Survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

4-19-870

On the second day, as you are forced to cut through the woods and lose sight of the river for a time to bypass rough terrain, Jaym'row nearly gets turned around. Fortunately, Syper corrects her, and you continue on your way, having only lost a half-hour of time.

Shortly after you finish lunch and resume your travel, you hear cracking branches and lupine barking from a distance.

Rounding a slight hillock, you spot (at a distance of about 200 feet) a young woman and her dog running full tilt away from four humanoid creatures with heads and legs like wolves. They lope swiftly forward on two legs, coming up roughly fifty feet behind her.

Seeing you, the woman yells something that sounds oddly similar to the Common word for “Help!”

GM Notes:
Perception, Jade: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Perception, Jaym'row: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Perception, Syper: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Perception, Kork: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Perception, Okoteck: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Perception, wolf men: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Perception, woman: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Map

Initiative order:
Jade, 23
Jaym'row, 20
Kork, 16
Woman and dog, 15
Syper, 14
Okoteck, 13
Wolf-creatures, 9


F Kineticist 2 (Air & Water) / Talisman Dabbler | Perc +5 (+2 circ. to Init.) | Stealth: +7| HP 32/32 | Speed: 25' | AC: 19 [21 w/shield] | Fort: +10 | Ref: +9 | Will: +5 | Class DC 18 | Conditions: OK | Hero Points: 1 | Shield HP 20/20 BT 10, Hd 5 | Deflecting Wave ⟳ Resistance 2 vs B or S dmg; 4 vs fire or acid | ◆ ◇ ↺

Jade activates her kinetic aura ◆ and sends the four winds ◆◆ to propel her crewmates forward. Everyone but me may Stride half their speed as part of my action.


Goblin Bauble Finder Thaumaturge 2 | HP 28 | AC 19 | Fort 7 | Ref 7 | Will 5 | Perc +5 | Speed: 25 | Class DC 18 | Hero Points: 2/3 | ◆ ◇ ↺

Pushed forward by a force of wind, the goblin charges forward, if a but surprised. He uses the momentum to move further along the path and draws Spikes from his belt.

"Get behind Kork!" he gestures to the dog.

◆ Stride, ◆ Stride, ◆ Interact


Map

The woman dashes toward the fallen tree, her dog loping along beside her.


Female (she/her) Catfolk Rogue (Captivator) 2 | AC 19 + nimble dodge hp 24/24 XP 200 Hero Pts 1| Map | Nautical Terms

I'm assuming normal terrain, since nothing has been designated difficult terrain, although I expect obstacles like the fallen tree are exceptions.

Moments before hearing the sounds of pursuit, Jaym'row's nose picked up the tell-tale scent of dog. This puts her on alert and so she is ready when the chase comes into view. She dashes as quickly as she can toward the fallen tree to use it for cover in anticipation of being able to snipe at the bad dogs. Jade's tailwind povides a welcome assist.

Three stride actions plus tailwind 10 ft = 85 feet.


Map

Moving for Syper

The bard rushes forward, taking cover behind the fallen tree.


M Tengu Magus 2 | HP 24/24 | AC: 18 | F +7 R +8 W +6| Perc: +4, Low-light vision | Speed: 25' | Spell DC 17 | Hero Points: 1 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Spellstrike: 1 | Current Effects: | Okoteck's Notes

Okoteck rides the wind forward, though he doesn't seem particularly hurried. He jogs forward and takes up a position somewhat behind the fallen tree.

"Can you understand this language?" he calls out, loudly enough that he hopes both the woman and and the wolf-like beings can hear him. While he's inclined to defend the person running away, if there's any possibility of diplomacy he'd rather take it.

He cycles through as many languages as he can as he moves. He tries Common, Cornyrian, Elven, Dwarven, Jotun, Tengu, and Draconic in that order.

Just taking Stride actions this round.


Map

The lupine beings notice your arrival, but it does not phase them in the slightest. They ignore Okoteck's entreaties (whether from contempt or incomprehension you cannot tell) and continue their headlong rush, battleaxes raised and teeth bared in a feral snarl.

Jade is up.


"The bloodlust is on them! They will not stop!" yells the fleeing woman in thickly accented Common.


F Kineticist 2 (Air & Water) / Talisman Dabbler | Perc +5 (+2 circ. to Init.) | Stealth: +7| HP 32/32 | Speed: 25' | AC: 19 [21 w/shield] | Fort: +10 | Ref: +9 | Will: +5 | Class DC 18 | Conditions: OK | Hero Points: 1 | Shield HP 20/20 BT 10, Hd 5 | Deflecting Wave ⟳ Resistance 2 vs B or S dmg; 4 vs fire or acid | ◆ ◇ ↺

Jade hustles to catch up to everyone else.

Stride ◆ 1: NE 1 sq, E 4 sq
Stride ◆ 2: NE 1 sq, E 3 sq, N 1 sq
Stride ◆ 3: N 5 sq


Map

Jaym'row is up


Female (she/her) Catfolk Rogue (Captivator) 2 | AC 19 + nimble dodge hp 24/24 XP 200 Hero Pts 1| Map | Nautical Terms

Jaym'row ducks down behind the fallen log as she prepares a bow and arrow. She peeks over the log and waits for the nearest wolfman to get closer and then pops up and sends the arrow flying.

Hidden from player:
Deception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Shortbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 (Range 60 ft)
Damage, shortbow: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Sneak Attack damage, precision: 1d6 ⇒ 2 if target is flat-footed off-guard.

◆ hide, ◆interact (ready bow), ◆Ready Action when first enemy gets within 60 feet. I'm not sure if sneak attack damage can apply if the deception roll is high enough, but included in the rolls.

201 to 250 of 973 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay: Akarna Awakens All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
201 to 250 of 466 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Map

Each of you had 50 feet of rope in your kit for a total of 250 feet. 170 feet was used on the way up, leaving 80 feet for the path down, which is the height of the cliff above camp. I didn't plan that, but it happened.


Female (she/her) Catfolk Rogue (Captivator) 2 | AC 19 + nimble dodge hp 24/24 XP 200 Hero Pts 1| Map | Nautical Terms

Again, Jaym'row is slow to spot melee activity. Perhaps it is because something like this was going through her mind.


F Kineticist 2 (Air & Water) / Talisman Dabbler | Perc +5 (+2 circ. to Init.) | Stealth: +7| HP 32/32 | Speed: 25' | AC: 19 [21 w/shield] | Fort: +10 | Ref: +9 | Will: +5 | Class DC 18 | Conditions: OK | Hero Points: 1 | Shield HP 20/20 BT 10, Hd 5 | Deflecting Wave ⟳ Resistance 2 vs B or S dmg; 4 vs fire or acid | ◆ ◇ ↺

How much XP did we get for fighting the snakes?


F Kineticist 2 (Air & Water) / Talisman Dabbler | Perc +5 (+2 circ. to Init.) | Stealth: +7| HP 32/32 | Speed: 25' | AC: 19 [21 w/shield] | Fort: +10 | Ref: +9 | Will: +5 | Class DC 18 | Conditions: OK | Hero Points: 1 | Shield HP 20/20 BT 10, Hd 5 | Deflecting Wave ⟳ Resistance 2 vs B or S dmg; 4 vs fire or acid | ◆ ◇ ↺

@Jaym'row Just fyi readying an action requires 2 actions ◆◆


Map

I couldn't tell if she moved that turn or not, so I'll let it slide that time.


Female (she/her) Catfolk Rogue (Captivator) 2 | AC 19 + nimble dodge hp 24/24 XP 200 Hero Pts 1| Map | Nautical Terms

Sorry for the oversight. How about we assume she just waits for her next turn, then uses her attack roll then.


Map

Buckle in, the story is about to pick up considerably.


Goblin Bauble Finder Thaumaturge 2 | HP 28 | AC 19 | Fort 7 | Ref 7 | Will 5 | Perc +5 | Speed: 25 | Class DC 18 | Hero Points: 2/3 | ◆ ◇ ↺

Damn. 23 is a miss? Buckle up, everyone.


Map

Oops,I misread that.

Please put damage and attack rolls on separate lines.


Goblin Bauble Finder Thaumaturge 2 | HP 28 | AC 19 | Fort 7 | Ref 7 | Will 5 | Perc +5 | Speed: 25 | Class DC 18 | Hero Points: 2/3 | ◆ ◇ ↺

Oh. Okay. Will do.


Female (she/her) Catfolk Rogue (Captivator) 2 | AC 19 + nimble dodge hp 24/24 XP 200 Hero Pts 1| Map | Nautical Terms

Before I read the correction, I thought the same thing.

As a GM, I can say having the attack and damage on separate lines really helps when interpreting the rolls.


Map

How do you want to distribute the loot from this one? Who's got spare capacity?


Female (she/her) Catfolk Rogue (Captivator) 2 | AC 19 + nimble dodge hp 24/24 XP 200 Hero Pts 1| Map | Nautical Terms

Jaym'row has about 1 bulk available.


F Kineticist 2 (Air & Water) / Talisman Dabbler | Perc +5 (+2 circ. to Init.) | Stealth: +7| HP 32/32 | Speed: 25' | AC: 19 [21 w/shield] | Fort: +10 | Ref: +9 | Will: +5 | Class DC 18 | Conditions: OK | Hero Points: 1 | Shield HP 20/20 BT 10, Hd 5 | Deflecting Wave ⟳ Resistance 2 vs B or S dmg; 4 vs fire or acid | ◆ ◇ ↺

Jade only has room for 6 more light items


Map

You guys put your climbing kits away, right?


Map

I guess Amka can carry the weapons and food back, while you guys can split the antiplague vials and ivory pendants.


M Tengu Magus 2 | HP 24/24 | AC: 18 | F +7 R +8 W +6| Perc: +4, Low-light vision | Speed: 25' | Spell DC 17 | Hero Points: 1 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Spellstrike: 1 | Current Effects: | Okoteck's Notes

Okoteck has two bulk free at the least.


F Kineticist 2 (Air & Water) / Talisman Dabbler | Perc +5 (+2 circ. to Init.) | Stealth: +7| HP 32/32 | Speed: 25' | AC: 19 [21 w/shield] | Fort: +10 | Ref: +9 | Will: +5 | Class DC 18 | Conditions: OK | Hero Points: 1 | Shield HP 20/20 BT 10, Hd 5 | Deflecting Wave ⟳ Resistance 2 vs B or S dmg; 4 vs fire or acid | ◆ ◇ ↺
Zoralon GM wrote:
You guys put your climbing kits away, right?

Oh, I forgot we were wearing those. If we ditched the climbing kits, I have 1.6 left


Map

I've determined there's enough bulk available between the six of you to carry everything back, so we don't have to sweat it. We can just focus on the RP.


Map

Smooth, indeed. I'll have to improvise.

EDIT: What's the creative version of a runner's high? I'm feeling it right now.


M Tengu Magus 2 | HP 24/24 | AC: 18 | F +7 R +8 W +6| Perc: +4, Low-light vision | Speed: 25' | Spell DC 17 | Hero Points: 1 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Spellstrike: 1 | Current Effects: | Okoteck's Notes

Flow? :D

Poor Okoteck, fumbling that Arcana check, but I think he has some good questions regardless.


Map

I just realized that nobody took any damage from that encounter. Winter's Clutch and Horizon Thunder Sphere took pretty good care of the fight.


M Tengu Magus 2 | HP 24/24 | AC: 18 | F +7 R +8 W +6| Perc: +4, Low-light vision | Speed: 25' | Spell DC 17 | Hero Points: 1 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Spellstrike: 1 | Current Effects: | Okoteck's Notes

It was nice of them to stay close together :D


F Kineticist 2 (Air & Water) / Talisman Dabbler | Perc +5 (+2 circ. to Init.) | Stealth: +7| HP 32/32 | Speed: 25' | AC: 19 [21 w/shield] | Fort: +10 | Ref: +9 | Will: +5 | Class DC 18 | Conditions: OK | Hero Points: 1 | Shield HP 20/20 BT 10, Hd 5 | Deflecting Wave ⟳ Resistance 2 vs B or S dmg; 4 vs fire or acid | ◆ ◇ ↺

Very nice indeed. Pack instincts aren't always a benefit :)


Male Changeling Human Bard 2|HP 24|AC 18|F4; R7; W6|Perc +6| Speed: 25|Conditions:|Hero Points: 1/3|Focus: 1/2|◆ ◇ ↺

We're also getting into the groove of our modus operandi, I feel, too!


Map

Well, we've passed 500 posts, so I guess it's time for another temperature check. How's everybody enjoying the game? What things do you think I'm doing well, and what things (if any) do you think could use some changes?

We're one combat encounter and an RP award away from leveling, so we're already further along than most homebrew campaigns, but feedback is important to keep people engaged, I think.


Female (she/her) Catfolk Rogue (Captivator) 2 | AC 19 + nimble dodge hp 24/24 XP 200 Hero Pts 1| Map | Nautical Terms

I like that we're already approaching level up. It's essential to a long campaign that we get to advance characters relatively quickly. That is happening because everyone is posting regularly.

I'm in several campaigns that have been going for months with no significant opportunities to advance.

I'm impressed with the depth of game world details that are getting revealed early. That bodes well for an interesting campaign. As a player I want interesting melee combat which also introduces new plot lines that make for organic story unfolding.


Map
Jaym'row wrote:
I like that we're already approaching level up. It's essential to a long campaign that we get to advance characters relatively quickly. That is happening because everyone is posting regularly.

I suppose another factor is my tendency to focus on fewer, harder (in theory) encounters that are consequently worth more XP.

I reserve the right to spring random encounters on you if you go wandering into dangerous places, but so far every encounter has been to establish story elements. The closest thing to a random encounter were the sea devils, which I turned into a nice opportunity to establish the destructive power of the dragonsbite.

Jaym'row wrote:
I'm in several campaigns that have been going for months with no significant opportunities to advance.

To be fair, it's been 2 months since we started playing, and you haven't leveled up or gotten any interesting items in all that time. XD

Jaym'row wrote:
I'm impressed with the depth of game world details that are getting revealed early. That bodes well for an interesting campaign. As a player I want interesting melee combat which also introduces new plot lines that make for organic story unfolding.

The writing is coming easier now, especially since I have no day job or family responsibilities at the moment to pull me away, so I can research at leisure.

The Saruqi are obviously a pastiche of Alaska Native, Pacific Northwest, First Nations, and Greenland Inuit cultures, while the Röskarí ("dauntless" in Old Norse) will be based on Icelandic culture from the Saga era (800-1200 CE), with significant cross-pollination from other Nordic and Germanic peoples such as the vikings, Danes, Swedes, and Alemanni, as the needs of the story and game mechanics dictate.

It's very difficult to run a fantasy RPG without using undead or evil outsiders, but I hope putting a cultural spin on them will help keep them fresh.


Map

In case I haven't said it, you're all great players. You post regularly, know your abilities, play your character in a consistent fashion, pay attention to the story, and have read the campaign documents at least once.

This is proving to be a blast, and makes keeping the game going much, much easier, which is important when I'm writing the entire world from scratch.


M Tengu Magus 2 | HP 24/24 | AC: 18 | F +7 R +8 W +6| Perc: +4, Low-light vision | Speed: 25' | Spell DC 17 | Hero Points: 1 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Spellstrike: 1 | Current Effects: | Okoteck's Notes

I'm definitely enjoying it so far! I do wonder what's going to happen when we have our first streak of bad rolls in a combat, though. We cut it kind of close with that one mage. :D

Avoiding random, unimportant battles is almost a must in an online campaign like this. Given even short combats usually last a few days, they can really drag things down. So I appreciate the ones so far have been relevant and pretty quick.


Goblin Bauble Finder Thaumaturge 2 | HP 28 | AC 19 | Fort 7 | Ref 7 | Will 5 | Perc +5 | Speed: 25 | Class DC 18 | Hero Points: 2/3 | ◆ ◇ ↺

I have one major problem with this table.

I wish I were able to post more often, but meatspace is keeping me busy these days. I see posts I want to respond to, but they are burried deep by the time I get to them. And I'm not that kind of necromancer. That said, this is a me problem, not a table issue. So keep it up.

Other than that, it's very enjoyable so far. Got some lore hype a few days back, as well. I got lost in the tribes' and tribal legends' names and I love it.


Map

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble replying to posts... D:

I'll try to do better. Which posts were you disappointed about missing?

As to the legends, the world-ending raven Kwalanuksiwa is (loosely) based on the Raven-at-the-North-End-of-the-World from the Hamatsa dance of the indigenous peoples of the Pacific Northwest.


F Kineticist 2 (Air & Water) / Talisman Dabbler | Perc +5 (+2 circ. to Init.) | Stealth: +7| HP 32/32 | Speed: 25' | AC: 19 [21 w/shield] | Fort: +10 | Ref: +9 | Will: +5 | Class DC 18 | Conditions: OK | Hero Points: 1 | Shield HP 20/20 BT 10, Hd 5 | Deflecting Wave ⟳ Resistance 2 vs B or S dmg; 4 vs fire or acid | ◆ ◇ ↺

I'm enjoying things too. It is super tough on PbPs to keep a steady pace up and I think everybody's doing a great job :)


Map

I'm going to wait for Kork to post, then we can move ahead to the village trip, unless anybody has anything in particular they need to do.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map

Here are all the major and minor plot threads. Let me know if there's one you think I missed.

Major ongoing plot threads:
1. Identify what happened to the virloga and see if there is a way to bring them back
2. Establish contact with the Röskarí and learn what you can about the elves in the interior and their magic.
3. Uncover more about the angakkuk who attacked the Ilannaqi village, how she did it, and if there is a way you might weaken or even defeat her.
4. Determine the nature of the thing sealed below the wastes and either discover a safe method of resource extraction or else find evidence to deter future exploration.

Minor or dormant plot threads:
1. Uncover what happened to Jade's father.
2. Discover the employer of the mage who attacked you in Jurgen's Fist, and how knowledge of the distillate leaked.
3. Uncover more about previous expeditions such as the one that left a mining pick up on the kraton.


Goblin Bauble Finder Thaumaturge 2 | HP 28 | AC 19 | Fort 7 | Ref 7 | Will 5 | Perc +5 | Speed: 25 | Class DC 18 | Hero Points: 2/3 | ◆ ◇ ↺
Zoralon GM wrote:
I'm going to wait for Kork to post.

Don't do that. I try to post daily, but there might be days when it just doesn't happen.

I think you took it from the wrong end. I was praising the GM and table for a fun game, but was expressing my regrets of not being able to post more often. As I said, I try. Sometimes, it's just not possible, and I would like to apologise if I cause delays.

Working on it. Pinky swear.


Female (she/her) Catfolk Rogue (Captivator) 2 | AC 19 + nimble dodge hp 24/24 XP 200 Hero Pts 1| Map | Nautical Terms
Zoralon GM wrote:
As to the legends, the world-ending raven Kwalanuksiwa is (loosely) based on the Raven-at-the-North-End-of-the-World from the Hamatsa dance of the indigenous peoples of the Pacific Northwest.

Every fall, our city has a folk music festival and recently I saw a storyteller from the Pacific Northwest or Alaska do a dance representing the Raven mythic figure. Here is a pic.


Map

Parlay is a gambling term. Parley involves surrender terms. Palaver, though very antiquated, refers to an improvised conference between two groups without a shared language or culture.


Male Changeling Human Bard 2|HP 24|AC 18|F4; R7; W6|Perc +6| Speed: 25|Conditions:|Hero Points: 1/3|Focus: 1/2|◆ ◇ ↺
Zoralon GM wrote:
As to the legends, the world-ending raven Kwalanuksiwa is (loosely) based on the Raven-at-the-North-End-of-the-World from the Hamatsa dance of the indigenous peoples of the Pacific Northwest.

That's one of the things I've enjoyed about this, is that I've been catching so many little references to various northern cultures throughout this story.

(and to add to the fun, have some Siberian folk metal.)


Male Changeling Human Bard 2|HP 24|AC 18|F4; R7; W6|Perc +6| Speed: 25|Conditions:|Hero Points: 1/3|Focus: 1/2|◆ ◇ ↺

Also sorry about not responding yesterday. It was my birthday.

Bot was fine, it's what I would have done.


Female (she/her) Catfolk Rogue (Captivator) 2 | AC 19 + nimble dodge hp 24/24 XP 200 Hero Pts 1| Map | Nautical Terms
Zoralon GM wrote:
Suddenly, a mysterious odor tickles your nostrils, like none you have ever smelled before. Acrid rather, not unlike the odor of a lion, yet softer and not wholly unpleasing, with something almost sweet in it that reminds you of the scent of decaying garden leaves, earth, and the myriad nameless perfumes that make up the odor of a large forest.

I'm puzzled by the "not unlike the odor of a lion" in this sentence. Seems a non sequitur if it's not a typo.


Map
Jaym'row wrote:
Zoralon GM wrote:
Suddenly, a mysterious odor tickles your nostrils, like none you have ever smelled before. Acrid rather, not unlike the odor of a lion, yet softer and not wholly unpleasing, with something almost sweet in it that reminds you of the scent of decaying garden leaves, earth, and the myriad nameless perfumes that make up the odor of a large forest.
I'm puzzled by the "not unlike the odor of a lion" in this sentence. Seems a non sequitur if it's not a typo.

It's a quote from a short story by a famous British author that's been in the public domain for over thirty years. Don't google it just yet, it'd be a spoiler!


Map
Syper wrote:

Also sorry about not responding yesterday. It was my birthday.

Bot was fine, it's what I would have done.

Congratulations! Happy birthday!


Goblin Bauble Finder Thaumaturge 2 | HP 28 | AC 19 | Fort 7 | Ref 7 | Will 5 | Perc +5 | Speed: 25 | Class DC 18 | Hero Points: 2/3 | ◆ ◇ ↺

Happy belated birthday, Syper!

Zoralon GM wrote:
Just an FYI, courageous anthem is a focus spell, so at this level Syper can only use it for 1 round of combat.

I don't believe that is true. Where did you see that?

I mean, yes, it is a focus spell, technically. But it is a focus cantrip, meaning it doesn't eat up focus points.

It is a focus spell so that all bards get it at level 1, in addition to 5 other cantrips from the occult tradition.


Map

Damn it, I misread the text again.


Goblin Bauble Finder Thaumaturge 2 | HP 28 | AC 19 | Fort 7 | Ref 7 | Will 5 | Perc +5 | Speed: 25 | Class DC 18 | Hero Points: 2/3 | ◆ ◇ ↺

It happens. No worries.


Map

So far I've got the encounters and treasure plotted out all the way to level 4. At the rate we're going, that should last until next year. The general narrative and key plot points are sketched out all the way to level 10.


Male Changeling Human Bard 2|HP 24|AC 18|F4; R7; W6|Perc +6| Speed: 25|Conditions:|Hero Points: 1/3|Focus: 1/2|◆ ◇ ↺
Old Kork wrote:

I mean, yes, it is a focus spell, technically. But it is a focus cantrip, meaning it doesn't eat up focus points.

It is a focus spell so that all bards get it at level 1, in addition to 5 other cantrips from the occult tradition.

Yup, focus cantrip, so it only lasts a round but doesn't run out. But hey, having to spend an action each round for the bonus is enough of a cost.


F Kineticist 2 (Air & Water) / Talisman Dabbler | Perc +5 (+2 circ. to Init.) | Stealth: +7| HP 32/32 | Speed: 25' | AC: 19 [21 w/shield] | Fort: +10 | Ref: +9 | Will: +5 | Class DC 18 | Conditions: OK | Hero Points: 1 | Shield HP 20/20 BT 10, Hd 5 | Deflecting Wave ⟳ Resistance 2 vs B or S dmg; 4 vs fire or acid | ◆ ◇ ↺

The dice are not loving me this fight XD


Map

There will be others.

Cheer up, this is the last combat before level 2! Just some RP and a few skill checks to go.

1 to 50 of 466 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / Akarna Awakens Discussion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.