Magical Mischief Sisters: Strength of Thousands (Inactive)

Game Master Brainiac

Map of Magaambya
Map of Spire Dormitory


1 to 50 of 1,214 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The devastation of Earthfall resulted in the slaughter of billions, and the widespread destruction of most civilization erased much of humanity’s knowledge. The man credited with bringing magic back to humanity was Old‐Mage Jatembe, a folk hero and a myth to the people of the Mwangi Expanse. During the Age of Anguish that followed Earthfall, Old‐Mage Jatembe and his students, the Ten Magic Warriors, traveled the Mwangi Expanse and beyond to deliver lore, and with it, hope. Perhaps the greatest and most long‐lasting of Jatembe’s achievements was founding the oldest (and arguably greatest) magic school in the world, the Magaambya.

To this day the Magaambya strives to spread the same knowledge and hope that Old‐Mage Jatembe and the Ten Magic Warriors did long ago. Teaching a blend of arcane and primal traditions, the Magaambya aims to do more than educate wizards and druids; it hopes to act in service to the whole of Golarion.

Now, it is your turn to join this prestigious organization...

Strength of Thousands

Chapter 1: Kindled Magic

The people of Kibwe have grown tired of your magical mischief! Ever since you found that genie that granted you your deepest wishes, you've found yourselves possessed of burgeoning magical abilities. Unfortunately, the genie failed to instill within you the means to control these abilities. After one too many mishaps, the city leaders voted to sponsor your education at the Magaambya, both to help you master your magic and to get you out of their hair!

When you arrived on campus, Teacher Takulu Ot greeted you and performed the entrance interview. Then, you were assigned to quarters in Spire Dormitory. Your dormmates are an eclectic mix of students from each of the Magaambya's five branches, and during your first week, you performed various service projects as part of your Perquisite period. After finishing your fifth and final task, Teacher Ot has asked to meet him at an outdoor ceremony stage erected on the grounds at dawn the next morning.

Teacher Ot didn’t say why, but your dormmates are pretty sure it’s for your Introduction Ceremony. The Introduction Ceremony is something all new initiates go through; it’s where the teacher who admitted them to the school (in this case, Teacher Ot) presents them to other Magaambyan teachers. Your friends suggest you dress nicely for the ceremony!

You have the rest of today, though, to wander campus or interact with your fellow students or each other.

Sovereign Court

Retired - now known as Wandering Phoenix, one of the Mage Warriors.

Sadiki may be in a new place, full of wonders and magic, but some things remain as constant as the rising of the sun, and one of those things is her little sister's irrepressible enthusiasm.

"Come on!" The red-haired young woman groans at her former brother. "There's so much we haven't seen yet! I want to go to town and look at all the stalls. We could buy a monkey! That would be awesome! He could be my familiar and come to classes with me. Come on Sad, having t$%# shouldn't slow you down this much!"


Appearance | HP: 65/138 | AC: 31 | F: +20, R: +21, W: +21; +1 vs magic | Perception +21| Focus 3/3 | Spells: 7th 2/3; 6th 4/4; 5th 3/4; 4th 4/4; 3rd 4/4; 2nd 4/4; 1st 4/4

"A monkey?" Sadiki sighs, brushing her long white hair back out of her face. "Monkeys are mean, Issi! They bite people's faces off! Plus they throw their own poop everywhere! If you must have a familiar, then why don't you pick a more pleasant animal?"

She struggles to keep up with her sister as they walk across the Magaambya's campus. "Besides, it's not my breasts that are slowing me down. I used to be taller than you, but now my legs aren't as long! I can't walk as quickly now!"

Sovereign Court

Retired - now known as Wandering Phoenix, one of the Mage Warriors.

"You've been this way for months Sad!" Issi replies, practically bouncing on the spot, "You can't keep using the same excuses forever. Besides, you beat we when we were doing the post delivery. You can move fast enough when you try!"

She does take pity on her sister however and falls into step with her, reaching out to fiddle with Sadiki's golden hair. "Still can't get used to that." She comments. "Anyway, what would you choose then? Since you're a monkey-hating meanie!"


Appearance | HP: 65/138 | AC: 31 | F: +20, R: +21, W: +21; +1 vs magic | Perception +21| Focus 3/3 | Spells: 7th 2/3; 6th 4/4; 5th 3/4; 4th 4/4; 3rd 4/4; 2nd 4/4; 1st 4/4

"I would pick a little dinosaur. A compsognathus! They are so cute and inquisitive. And much less of a mess!" Sadiki says with a smile. She enjoys the feeling of her sisters fingers in her hair.

Sovereign Court

Retired - now known as Wandering Phoenix, one of the Mage Warriors.

"They'd eat your shoes." Issi replies, seeing her sister relax and continuing her impromptu grooming. "Monkeys are way cuter. And you can train them to do more things."

The not-really-an argument continues all the way into town where Issi stops, looks around and grins.

"So, shopping! We should get some new clothes for the ceremony tonight! I haven't taken you shopping since the wish - not properly. There's so much you can try now."


Appearance | HP: 65/138 | AC: 31 | F: +20, R: +21, W: +21; +1 vs magic | Perception +21| Focus 3/3 | Spells: 7th 2/3; 6th 4/4; 5th 3/4; 4th 4/4; 3rd 4/4; 2nd 4/4; 1st 4/4

"Yes, I cannot wait! Women's clothes are so much more fun than men's. Noxolo offered some suggestions on how I should dress, but her sense of style is... Let's call it 'avant-garde,'" Sadiki replies with a giggle.

Sovereign Court

Retired - now known as Wandering Phoenix, one of the Mage Warriors.

"Which one is Noxolo again?" Issi asks, distracted by the colorful cloth on offer in the market stalls. "Is she the one with the snabble? Now that is a cutie. Strange, but cute!"

She picks up a bolt of blue woven cloth and holds it up against her sister. "This would look good on you sis. You're joining those wave druids aren't you? Blue should be your colour. Flatters you and suitable for classes!"


Appearance | HP: 65/138 | AC: 31 | F: +20, R: +21, W: +21; +1 vs magic | Perception +21| Focus 3/3 | Spells: 7th 2/3; 6th 4/4; 5th 3/4; 4th 4/4; 3rd 4/4; 2nd 4/4; 1st 4/4

"The snabble!" Sadiki confirms.

She looks down at the blue cloth. "Ooh, pretty!" She casts a spell, causing her form to ripple as she alters her image with an illusion to show her wearing a dress of that hue. "Now which style should we ask for?" She changes the illusion every few seconds to show off different cuts to the outfit.

Sovereign Court

Retired - now known as Wandering Phoenix, one of the Mage Warriors.

"Yes, no, no, maybe, definitely not!"

Issi gives her clear, and sometimes brutal, opinion on Sadiki's style choices until her sister has half a dozen styles to decide on. At that point Issi drifts away to make her own decisions and ends with a light dress in a rich brown with gold threads that sets off her red hair.

By the time dress shopping is done the sisters are starting to run out of time so Issi only gets a few minutes to wander past the various pet sellers and have her hair pulled by a particularly irate monkey before they have to hurry back to the Magaambya and get changes for the ceremony...

"You look lovely Sad." Issi says in admiration as her sister appears, fully dressed for the ceremony. "I knew blue would suit you."


"You don't look half bad yourself," Sadiki replies with a grin. "Let's go!"

***

You head to the outdoor ceremony stage at dawn to meet with Teacher Ot. When you arrive, though, the teacher is nowhere to be seen.

The ceremony stage is a simple platform decorated with intricate circular mosaics and a wide ramp descending to the grass. The wooden platform is elevated about 3 feet off the ground on sturdy wooden supports. Two 8-foot-tall pillars flank the ramp to the south, and a low, curved, stone wall to the north can provide audience seating. Despite the sunny weather, the ground is still very slick from the recent rains.

Sovereign Court

Retired - now known as Wandering Phoenix, one of the Mage Warriors.

"I never look half bad." Issi replies, pretending to be offended. "Always gorgeous. That's me."

She takes her sister's hand as they head down to the ceremony. "I'm really glad I'm here with you Sad, and that you're who you want to be here." She pecks her sister on the cheek and then catches sight of the empty seating and complete lack of their teacher.

"Shouldn't... someone else be here now?"


But it seems that someone else is here! A mangy pugwampi scampers out from under the stage! It has large, floppy ears, and bulging blue eyes.

Issi: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Sadiki: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Pugwampi: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Issi may act first! The pugwampi is 20 feet away, but the wet grass between you and the stage is difficult terrain. The pugwampi radiates a 20-foot-radius unluck aura. Creatures within the aura become extremely unlucky (DC 20 Will save; a creature must roll this Will save twice and take the worse result). On a successful save, the creature is temporarily immune to pugwampi unluck auras for 24 hours. On a failure, the creature must roll twice and take the worse result on all checks as long as it remains within the aura’s emanation.

Sovereign Court

Retired - now known as Wandering Phoenix, one of the Mage Warriors.

"Sad! Stay back!" Issi commands, cursing the fact that this was supposed to be a celebration and she didn't bother to bring her armor with her.

Instead she drops into a fighting stance and flicks a ray of frost across the wet grass towards the gremlin.

Ray of Frost: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 171d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Ray of Frost, then Arcane Cascade.


The pugwampi dodges Issi's ray of frost. It clambers up onto the stage and fires its bow at her, managing to get two critical hits that drop the magus! How unlucky!

Shortbow: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 311d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 61d6 ⇒ 5
Deadly: 1d10 ⇒ 41d10 ⇒ 1

27 damage, dropping Issi to dying 2.


Appearance | HP: 65/138 | AC: 31 | F: +20, R: +21, W: +21; +1 vs magic | Perception +21| Focus 3/3 | Spells: 7th 2/3; 6th 4/4; 5th 3/4; 4th 4/4; 3rd 4/4; 2nd 4/4; 1st 4/4

"Issi!" Sadiki cries. She quickly kneels by her fallen sister's side and applies medicine to her wounds.

Battle Medicine: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Healing: 2d8 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7

She then turns an angry look at the gremlin and conjures a torrent of water to attack it and knock it back a few feet!

Hydraulic Push: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 2) = 14

Sovereign Court

Retired - now known as Wandering Phoenix, one of the Mage Warriors.

Issi sits up with a groan and copies her sister by flinging more ice. Then she incants a shield spell to try and avoid more arrows!

Ray: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 271d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Appearance | HP: 65/138 | AC: 31 | F: +20, R: +21, W: +21; +1 vs magic | Perception +21| Focus 3/3 | Spells: 7th 2/3; 6th 4/4; 5th 3/4; 4th 4/4; 3rd 4/4; 2nd 4/4; 1st 4/4

Sadiki fires another blast of water!

Hydraulic Push: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 1) = 4


This time, Issi lands a critical hit, frosting over the pugwampi's legs! The gremlin shrieks and shoots back. Sadiki tries to use her wish magic to conceal her sister with a puff of smoke, but the gremlin still lands a hit! Fortunately, this shot is not nearly as precise!

Shortbow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 181d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 251d20 ⇒ 9
Genie's Veil: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 11d10 ⇒ 3

5 damage to Issi.

Sovereign Court

Retired - now known as Wandering Phoenix, one of the Mage Warriors.

Since her tactics seem to be working Issi stays on the floor and fires more frost - at least the creature should be finding her harder to hit...

Ray: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 91d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Issi misses again, and while Sadiki hits, the water blast is much less potent than before.

Still, the wounded pugwampi decides she's had enough. She scampers away, quickly leaving the courtyard behind!


Appearance | HP: 65/138 | AC: 31 | F: +20, R: +21, W: +21; +1 vs magic | Perception +21| Focus 3/3 | Spells: 7th 2/3; 6th 4/4; 5th 3/4; 4th 4/4; 3rd 4/4; 2nd 4/4; 1st 4/4

"Are you okay, Issi? That thing had impressive aim!" Sadiki says, kneeling at her sister's side. "Oh, no! Your new dress!" she laments as she tends to Issi's wounds.

Treat Wounds: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Healing: 4d8 ⇒ (6, 6, 6, 1) = 19

Sovereign Court

Retired - now known as Wandering Phoenix, one of the Mage Warriors.

"I want that things head!" Issi scowls. "It owes me for this dress! I was supposed to be having fun today!"

Thankfully her sister is very good with medicine and salves and has Issi patched up in a few minutes. Along with health returns good humor and Issi is soon deciding how to retell this story for maximum effect.

"I still want to know where Teacher Ot is." She says, once Sadiki gives her a clean-ish bill of health. "What's going on? There should be more people here..." She pulls her wish-blade out of thin air, "We need to go looking for them. Stay behind me Sad."


Before you can leave, Teacher Ot arrives on the scene. "What has happened here?"

When you explain the situation and your concern for him, the teacher reassures you. ”I was not in danger, merely delayed at the last minute with other business. I am glad neither of you were seriously hurt. I will take this gremlin’s attack seriously, though, and will look into the matter further.

“In light of this unforeseen attack, I think it best that we call off the formal Introduction Ceremony. But know that you performed admirably during your Perquisite, and I am happy to tell you that you are now full-fledged initiates of the Magaambya! Take today to recuperate and perhaps celebrate, for tomorrow, your education begins in earnest!”

Sovereign Court

Retired - now known as Wandering Phoenix, one of the Mage Warriors.

"Thank you Teacher." Issi says politely, although Sadiki can tell she's not overly pleased bu the situation.

"So we got dressed up, shot and all for no reason!" She grouches. "If I ever see that gremlin again..."

She manages to maintain the bad mood for about five minutes before her native good humor settles in once more.

"Any prep you wanna do for tomorrow Sad? Or shall we go and have some fun? Maybe get Anchor Root and some of the others together for a party? Which branch are you going to choose? Everyone seems to think I'm sure to join the Sun Mages but I think I want to join the Cascade Bearers. I'll still take some Sun Mage classes, obviously, but I don't want to be stuck here forever. It'd be as bad as back home."


Appearance | HP: 65/138 | AC: 31 | F: +20, R: +21, W: +21; +1 vs magic | Perception +21| Focus 3/3 | Spells: 7th 2/3; 6th 4/4; 5th 3/4; 4th 4/4; 3rd 4/4; 2nd 4/4; 1st 4/4

Sadiki casts prestidigitation to clean and mend her sister's dress as best she can.

"Yes, a party sounds delightful!" Sadiki says with a grin. "I am going to join the Emerald Boughs! It will be fun to learn more about the connections between our fellow Magaambyans and spread the academy's message to others. And once we graduate, we can explore the world together!"

Sovereign Court

Retired - now known as Wandering Phoenix, one of the Mage Warriors.

"Right then." Issi replies with a grin. "You go and sort out the food, I'll round up the guests!"

Chizire, Esi and Mariama are all definitely up for a party, while Ignaci (as usual) is nowhere to be found. Issi loses quite a while chatting to Noxolo and petting her snabble before she successfully ropes the augur in and uses that connection to convince Tzeniwe that a little party wouldn't do anyone any harm.

By the time preparations are ready Chizire has dragged Okoro in as well, which Issi is quite happy about as she wants to join his board game group, and Haibram has returned from his latest strenuous work-out and joined in with enthusiasm.

"I hope you got enough booze!" She says cheerfully to Sadiki when her sister returns. "Haibram looks thirsty and you know there will be drinking challenges soon!"


Appearance | HP: 65/138 | AC: 31 | F: +20, R: +21, W: +21; +1 vs magic | Perception +21| Focus 3/3 | Spells: 7th 2/3; 6th 4/4; 5th 3/4; 4th 4/4; 3rd 4/4; 2nd 4/4; 1st 4/4

Sadiki heads to the campus's mess hall, and after negotiating with Lumusi Yao, manages to secure a decent supply of alcoholic beverages for the celebration. By the time she returns to Spire Dorm, the sisters' dormmates have all gathered in the common area.

"Plenty to go around, my friends," Sadiki promises. Chizire quickly takes up the role of bartender, the amurrun pouring out the drinks and offering some of his own concoctions to those brave enough to try them!

"Cheers to you, Issi and Sadiki!" Esi says as she raises her glass in a toast. "I knew when I first met you that you would be great additions to the Magaambya. I look forward to sharing many classes with you!"

Sovereign Court

Retired - now known as Wandering Phoenix, one of the Mage Warriors.

"Looking forward to it!" Issi replies, raising her own drink, "Although someone is going to mix our names up, I'll wager on it now!"

She is quite willing to try Chizire's homebrewed moonshine and soon becomes ever more merry, and more than a little uninhibited!

"We should dance!" She declares, grabbing Okoro's hands and swinging him around. "Music, we need music!"

Sad can see that her sister is at least somewhat drunk.


Appearance | HP: 65/138 | AC: 31 | F: +20, R: +21, W: +21; +1 vs magic | Perception +21| Focus 3/3 | Spells: 7th 2/3; 6th 4/4; 5th 3/4; 4th 4/4; 3rd 4/4; 2nd 4/4; 1st 4/4

Noxolo begins to sing an exuberant song, dancing across the room as her snabble leaps and cavorts around her heels. Tzeniwe lends her voice to the song as well.

Okoro laughs as Issi leads him in the dance. Sadiki joins in, offering her hand to Haibram. The boisterous dwarf twirls the sorceress about, and Sadiki laughs loudly. It feels good to let loose like this, and she fully embraces her newfound joy.

The students change partners a few times as the songs continue, and eventually, Issi and Sadiki wind up dancing together. "This is so much fun! Finding that genie was the best thing that ever happened to us," Sadiki says.

Sovereign Court

Retired - now known as Wandering Phoenix, one of the Mage Warriors.

"You're the best thing that ever happened to me!" Issi says, slightly sleepily. "Seriously Sad, I don't know what I'd do without you. Either you."

She leans in and seems quite willing to fall asleep on her sister's shoulder as the two continue to sway.


Appearance | HP: 65/138 | AC: 31 | F: +20, R: +21, W: +21; +1 vs magic | Perception +21| Focus 3/3 | Spells: 7th 2/3; 6th 4/4; 5th 3/4; 4th 4/4; 3rd 4/4; 2nd 4/4; 1st 4/4

"You and me to the end, Issi," Sadiki assures her sister. Seeing that Issi is beginning to flag, she decides to call it a night. Thanking the other students, Sadiki helps Issi into the large dorm room that they share and guides her into the bed. She snuggles close beside Issi as she falls asleep beside her.

Sovereign Court

Retired - now known as Wandering Phoenix, one of the Mage Warriors.

Issi wakes in the morning and enjoy the warmth for a few moments before her headache hits hard enough to make her groan. Water creation is a skill that has eluded her even since the genie's wish so, with another groan, and a curse for every light source in existence, the magus drags herself from the bed and goes on a slow and clumsy hunt for water.


Appearance | HP: 65/138 | AC: 31 | F: +20, R: +21, W: +21; +1 vs magic | Perception +21| Focus 3/3 | Spells: 7th 2/3; 6th 4/4; 5th 3/4; 4th 4/4; 3rd 4/4; 2nd 4/4; 1st 4/4

Issi's groaning stirs Sadiki from sleep. She rolls over in the bed to see Issi rooting around for water. The sorceress snaps her fingers, creating a small downpour of fresh water over the room's basin. "Your wish is my command," she says with a smirk.

Sovereign Court

Retired - now known as Wandering Phoenix, one of the Mage Warriors.

Issi lets out another groan and thrusts her whole head into the basin, eventually pulling out and sending an arc of water soaring across the room from her hair.

"Show off." She says without rancor, dumping the water down the small drain in the corner. "Now do it again, I need something to drink."


Appearance | HP: 65/138 | AC: 31 | F: +20, R: +21, W: +21; +1 vs magic | Perception +21| Focus 3/3 | Spells: 7th 2/3; 6th 4/4; 5th 3/4; 4th 4/4; 3rd 4/4; 2nd 4/4; 1st 4/4

Sadiki complies, refilling the basin. As her sister drinks her fill, the sorceress gets out of bed and picks out her outfit for the first day of classes. She strips out of her thin nightgown and pauses to regard herself in the full-length mirror. She smiles wistfully, tracing the contours of her body with her hands.

"I still cannot help but admire the sight," she says. "After so many years, I'm finally who I was meant to be."

Sovereign Court

Retired - now known as Wandering Phoenix, one of the Mage Warriors.

"And it's pure co-incidence that you were always meant to be hot, right?" Issi asks with a grin. "Remind me never to drink the night before classes again please."

She wriggles out of her sadly damaged dress and tosses it to one side to be dealt with later. For today she dresses practically, loose trousers and a wrap around top to go over the simple halter she wears most days.

"Come on sis. You stand there admiring yourself any longer I'm going to leave to give you some privacy. Or should I go get Haibram in to help you with the appreciating? You probably won't win any points for being late to the first day of classes though!"


Appearance | HP: 65/138 | AC: 31 | F: +20, R: +21, W: +21; +1 vs magic | Perception +21| Focus 3/3 | Spells: 7th 2/3; 6th 4/4; 5th 3/4; 4th 4/4; 3rd 4/4; 2nd 4/4; 1st 4/4

Sadiki giggles. "Well, of course! Since my sister is so hot, it would only stand to reason that I should be, too."

She blushes when Issi mentions bringing Haibram in. "No, no! I think Haibram would be a bit too, eh, rough for my first time as a woman..." The sorceress wriggles into her clothes and follows her sister to classes!


The first day of classes goes well, and it isn't long before the daily flow of life and learning at the Magaambya sweeps you up! The whole experience of the academy is now open to you: to attend classes, make friends with your fellow students, and grow in power and skill. Your Perquisite period of service continues, but rather than a series of specific daily tasks, you have flexibility to work your Perquisite obligations around your classes.

The events of the next chapter are framed around, and woven with, the academic advancement rules. Please refer to the rules shared on Discord. When you are ready, please choose which branch you are focusing on, describe your approach to the first few months of classes, and make your first roll to Study (DC 14 for branch level 0).

Sovereign Court

Retired - now known as Wandering Phoenix, one of the Mage Warriors.

After a week or so of dabbling in between the Cascade Bearers, the Tempest Sun Mages and tagging along with Sadiki to Emerald Bough classes Issi decides that the green trees are not for her. Although she enjoys the rough and tumble of the Tempest Sun Mage combat classes she finds many of their debates pointless and aggravating - demonstrating courage by taking up a new viewpoint is pointless when everyone does it so often that the debate never leads anywhere!

With that in mind she formally registers the Cascade Bearers as her primary class and attends combat and evocation classes with the Tempest Sun Mages, although she deliberately avoids their other classes on mindfulness and the 'mental attributes of a great warrior'.

Study for Cascade: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Instead the imaginative nature and focus of the Cascade bearers proves to be exactly what she's after. Whether its her lingering fascination with genies and wishcraft, or simply possession of an agile mind Issi excels in her early studies.

Much of her free time is spent with Okoro, Chizere and Mariama, not only because most of them are in the same classes but also because Issi finds herself developing a love for board games. Sadiki has to put up with some exceptionally long one-sided conversations as Issi regales her with the events of the groups latest 'Tombs and Treasure-Hunters' game, where she plays a short, immensely wide warrior named 'Ash' and seems intent on wooing every eligible female that Okoro sends her way (and a few that he doesn't). Mariama in particular soon becomes a close friend and Issi often joins her, Esi and Haibram in sparring matches. The two girls enjoy fighting together and can often be found in corners plotting, although its an even chance whether they're discussing combat strategies or their latest plans to finagle Chizere's warlock out of his fair share of their collective loot from T&T.


Appearance | HP: 65/138 | AC: 31 | F: +20, R: +21, W: +21; +1 vs magic | Perception +21| Focus 3/3 | Spells: 7th 2/3; 6th 4/4; 5th 3/4; 4th 4/4; 3rd 4/4; 2nd 4/4; 1st 4/4

Sadiki chooses to focus her studies on the teachings of the Emerald Boughs. She spends many nights reading about current events in Nantambu with Ignaci or playing with Tzeniwe's spiderlings as she discusses the intricacies of interpersonal interaction with their mother.

Study, Emerald Boughs: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

She joins her sister for the weekly gaming night in the dorm. Her character in 'Tombs and Treasure-Hunters' is a tall, strapping warrior woman named 'Tygrah' who battles at Ash's side. Issi's character's penchant for throwing himself at all the ladies includes Sadiki's character, and the sorceress's heart beats a little faster with a secret thrill every time they play out 'romance' scenes in the game.

She focuses most of her free time on Tzeniwe, intrigued by the anadi's stories of her elusive people. She slowly starts coaxing the shy woman out of her shell as they spend time cooking and sewing gifts for the other dormmates.


Mariama is a magus like Issi, and so the pair often find themselves sparring with one another. While Issi pursues the path of inexorable iron for her hybrid study, Mariama practices the path of the twisting tree.

"This is my second staff, of course," Mariama says, brandishing the white ash weapon. "I had a magical staff that was my family heirloom, but a freak bolt of lightning struck it and disintegrated it!" Of course, this is just one of many outlandish events that seem to plague the young occultist. Her luck is wildly fluctuating, and she seems to be a magnet for chaos!

"Hey, Issi!" she says one day, coming up to you with a mischievous grin. "The rumor is there's a genie in town! A janni, to be precise. They just arrived with an entourage! Want to go check it out?"

Sovereign Court

Retired - now known as Wandering Phoenix, one of the Mage Warriors.

"Absolutely!" Issi says with a grin. A quick consultation of her mental timetable (she has both hers and Sadiki's classes memorised by this point) confirms that her sister is busy for at least another hour. "Sad's busy so we can go now?"

As they walk into town together Issi can't help but enthuse.

"It's the ultimate form of magic isn't it? Wishcraft. Anything you can conceive of, anything you can imagine, there for the asking. It's just amazing!"

Despite her fan-girling Issi still doesn't mention her own close contact with a genie. The sisters agreed right after the event that it wasn't something to discuss with anyone else, at least not without immense levels of trust.


Mariama leads you off-campus and into the bustling markets of Nantambu. After searching around for a while, you finally come upon the janni! He is tall and strong, with gleaming bronze skin and faintly glowing eyes. He is swathed in expensive silk robes and a turban, and a bevy of servants and flunkies follow in his wake as he examines assorted trinkets from the market's stalls. Several onlookers gape and whisper.

"There he is!" Mariama says. "Oh, he looks so cool! Come on, let's try to get closer!"

Sovereign Court

Retired - now known as Wandering Phoenix, one of the Mage Warriors.

"Try not to gawp." Issi replies. "If you actually want his attention you'll need to stand out. They respect strength."

She's quite willing to get closer though. The genie that she and Sad met presented as a woman, but with elemental beings like them that doesn't mean much!


As you and Mariama push through the crowd to get closer to the janni, suddenly, a cage full of colorful parrots topples off of a nearby cart! The cage shatters, releasing the birds, which caw and squawk as they fly about you! Mariama squeaks and swats at the birds until they fly off.

The commotion has certainly gotten the genie's attention, though! He looks at you and smiles, the glow in his eyes brightening. "Well, hello there, ladies! And who might you two enchanting creatures be?"

Sovereign Court

Retired - now known as Wandering Phoenix, one of the Mage Warriors.

"Students of the Magaambaya, Honored One." Issi replies, bowing to the genie. "We had heard of your presence in town and wished to observe you. Wishcraft is a true pinnacle of magic and the chance to see a genie at close quarters is a rare one that we didn't want to miss."


The janni smiles. "Indeed. I am at once both honored by your interest and enchanted by your beauty! Come, please, you must join me for dinner in my private tent! It is set up just outside the city."

Sovereign Court

Retired - now known as Wandering Phoenix, one of the Mage Warriors.

Issi glances at Mariama for her permission before nodding her agreement.

"Then lead on, Honored One." Issi replies, careful to keep minding her manners. "We are most grateful for the opportunity."

She can't help but remain somewhat cautious - getting one wish granted by a genie is quite a feat, and not one she cares to test again. Still, from what the genie they first met said there might be a trace of wish magic upon her which might in turn explain why the janni is so friendly.

Genie Lore: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Checking her general know about janni generally and the genie power heirarchy.

1 to 50 of 1,214 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Magical Mischief Sisters: Strength of Thousands All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.