GM Quirk's AGAINST THE AEON THRONE

Game Master Quirk, Private Eye

Map and Slides


1 to 50 of 1,278 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Please dot in and delete.


-PROFIT-

Opportunity has knocked.

Though your business, relationships, and overall quality of life on Absalom Station is good, an old friend has extended an offer to you that could pay very well and with any luck be easy money.

Cedona is an android and former resident of the Gallery who has recently retired to a new AbadarCorp colony out in the Vast. Though it's been a number of months since any of you have seen her, she has reached out to you with an offer. The head administrator of this colony, a lashunta priest of Abadar named Madelon Kesi, is willing to contract with you to deliver a load of mundane supplies to the settlement of Madelon's Landing on the planet Nakondis out in the Vast.

He's willing to play you 5,000 credits upon delivery.

-PERSONAL-

Cedona has been an important figure in your lives. She has offered advice, neighborly support, and assistance over the years. For most of you, the prospect of visiting her seems pleasant.

Your first assignment is to describe how your character knows the android Cedona. I can tell you that in the original AP there are suggestions based on your theme, and I am happy to assist you with those if need be. This will also give Me'mori a chance to finalize his character and Thak a chance to return from an out of town trip. I don't think we're looking for anything long here--just a brief description that invests your character in a relationship with Cedona.


F Damaya Lashunta Technomancer (2), Operative (1), Xenoseeker | HP:15/20 SP:0/16 RP:6/6 | EAC:11 KAC:12 BAB:+1 INIT:+1 PERC:+6 | Fort:+0 Reflex:+2 Will:+4 | 1st Lvl Spells:0/4+0/1 Spell Cache | Arc Pistol: 20/20, 2 extra batteries; Tactical Dueling Sword +1/1d6

Cedona intro:

Chiaiese sat heavily and spun toward her second-floor window out at the Gallery. The chronometer indicated evening, and the Station affected a more obtuse tone, passively urging denizens to wind down or wind up, as it were.

The Nexus was gaining attention and a growing number of dedicated subscribers. Her first story on the discovery and reclamation of the Djinn Mirage was well-received, and because it promoted the mystery around its captain, hooked consumers into wanting more. The business was now self-sufficient and she had even managed to hire staff.

Flipping on the holovid, Chiaiese skimmed through stories related to the Starfinders, hoping to see news of her sister Rilynn's vaired exploits. Seeing her younger sister represent the organization in one of Zo!'s gameshows was amusing and gave her no end of ammunition with which to tease the younger Lashunta.

On queue, the personal comm lit up with a call from Rilynn.

"Your antennae burning?" Chiaiese asked with a smirk.

"Aww, is my big sister thinking about all the fun I'm having?"

"I'll never tell. Where are you in the galaxy, Ri?"

"Pleasure cruise with the new Seeker."

"Really? is he all that?"

"Let's just say he has four hands and knows how to use them!"

Both women laughed. "I thought I was the wild one," said Chiaiese.

"You were," chided Rilynn. "Is that new mission from Lady Kesh keeping you busy?"

"You have no idea. It's been good, but yeah, a lot of work just building the alias framework from the ground up. I never thought I'd have to learn so much about Absalom Station limited liability corporation legal and tax codes."

"Haha, that's our mother shining through! But hey, I crossed paths in the Vast with an Android named Cedona who said she lives near you. She's got an interesting story and I thought you could look her up."

"Her?" asked Chiaiese.

"She identifies female."

"Hmm. Thanks Ri. I'll do that."

"Well I gotta run. Duty calls."

"Stay safe out there, sis."

"Back at ya, Chase."

The connection terminated and Chiaiese touched the empty space where the hologram of her sister filled. But her mind was already tacking in the new direction, her interest piqued. The next morning she was standing at the door of an apartment on the other side of the Gallery. She pressed the comm buzzer, and the face of an android appeared on screen.

"Cedona? My name is Chiaiese. I--"

"Rilynn Rae's older sister," Cedona interrupted. "Please come up. I've been waiting to meet you."

Manifold Host

male NG Brenneri diplomat envoy 3 | SP 21/21 HP 22/22 RP 3/4 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, Bluff:+9+exp | Speed 30ft; Swim 20ft | Active conditions: None | Bottle Caps: 1

How Thak met Cedona:
Thak stared out his apartment window, sipping a warm herbal concoction that Rani, his gnome girlfriend, introduced him to and thinking about nothing much at all.

Several seconds of scrabbling and a yip brought him back to the moment. He turned to see Cubber perched on the couch arm, excitedly looking back and forth between him and a bright yellow ball lolling lazily on the floor.

“Okay, okay… ready?” The squox yipped again, then concentrated on the ball. Thak pressed a button on the tiny remote control sitting on the window sill. The ball took off across the floor in a zig-zag pattern. Cubber leapt after it in hot pursuit.

“You’re feisty today. Maybe you need to get out for a while. Hasn’t been too exciting here lately, has it?”

Watching the squox play always sent his mind back to that tiny temporary place he lived after the fire. It wasn’t much but that’s what Emergency Support had open right then, and Thak had been grateful for it.

He knelt down and the squox ran to him, licking his face and flipping over for a belly rub. “And if I hadn’t lived there, then you wouldn’t live here because I never would’ve met you and Cedona.”

Cedona lived nearby in a nice housing block filled with people who hadn’t just lost everything they owned. It was Cubber who introduced them. A piece of fruit fell out of Thak’s pocket during a lunchtime walk. Before Thak knew what happened, Cubber pounced and ate it whole, then spun around and yipped, hoping to get more. Cedona apologized profusely; Thak just laughed at Cubber’s antics and assured her it wasn’t an issue at all.

She was the only person in the neighborhood he really connected with during the few weeks he lived in that place. Thak didn’t know if the other neighbors never met a brennari before or if they treated everyone who lived in the rescue apartment as if they had a contagious disease spread through conversation instead of a temporary housing emergency.

I wonder how she’s doing these days. The new gig with AbadarCorp sounded awesome, but it was hard to see her leave. Cedona had asked Thak to watch Cubber a few times when she was away on business — although the details of what "business" she was in were never fully explained.

The squox and the brenneri quickly bonded. Cedona even commented once about their rapport as Cubber performed a trick Thak taught him during one of her trips.

The day before leaving for Nakondis, Cedona asked Thak if he’d adopt Cubber. “I can’t think of a better home for him. And he feels the same way, or at least that's what he said when I asked him last night.” Thak quickly agreed, and Cubber moved into his life.

After trips to several stores filled the tiny kitchen with piles of fruits and nuts that Cubber pointedly ignored, Thak finally found some answers in Don’t Eat Things That Eat You First: The Cook’s Guide to Asana’s Incredible Flora. They finally agreed on a functional diet and settled into their current routine.

When Cedona’s message arrived a few days later, Thak read it to Cubber, who marched up his arm and settled in around the back of his neck like a tawny fur collar.

“What do you think? Ready for an adventure, Cubber?”

The squox yipped, yawned, stretched, and went to sleep.

“Well, fine. I suppose we don’t have to leave just yet.”


Vesk Soldier 3 SP 9/24 HP 27/27 EAC 13 KAC 14 F: +4 R: +4 W: +3 RP 1/4

Rather than do the introduction, I thought it’d be fun to show Cedona’s farewell party at the L7 Bar & Grill. Yoromishtali met Cedona through the android’s friendship with his great aunt Avdikesh. When he moved to Absalom Station, his great aunt asked him to deliver Cedona a gift from her. Cedona remembered him from his youth and gave him many friendly tips (like who to meet and places to avoid) for living on the station.

Farewell, Cedona:

Yoromishtali arrives at the L7 Bar and Grill promptly on time. Already, the place is filled with beings to say farewell to Cedona. He squeezes between Xic and a human discussing an android aid society. The vesk raises a hand in greeting to a few others he recognizes as he heads towards a table laden with gifts. Ironic he thinks, she will probably want to minimize her cargo, yet here we are, giving her new things. At least she will have a use for my gift.

He puts the wrapped box containing a vesk utility-blade perfect for cutting through vegetable matter, ice, soil (if a shovel is not available), and a wide variety of muscle, sinew, bone and exoskeleton. I think Aunt Avdikesh would be pleased with the gift I chose in both our names. I hope I can forge a decades-long friendship with someone like they did.

At the bar, Yoromishtali orders half a liter of a low-alcoholic brew then makes his way to the music designer. He peruses the songs available then selects two for the maestro to deconstruct and reassemble. It will be good to dance, he thinks passing the ysoki a tip. ”I anticipate your artistry.”

”Yoro!” his nickname is called from behind. He turns and gives a respectful bow to the android.

”Cedona, it is going to be sad not hearing you call my name,” the vesk says in greeting.

”I thought you were on Akiton.”

Yoromishtali scratches the top of his head, while shifting his weight from one foot to the other. ”I was there, but I couldn’t miss your farewell. It’s only proper to honor and thank you. You have done so much for me and my aunt Avdikesh. I’m sure we will keep communicating, but well, getting messages to the Veskarium takes long enough. You’re going to the Vast.”

Cedona nods in understanding. ”I know you film mostly on the Pact Worlds, but if you’re ever in the area, feel free to visit.”

”I will!” Yoromishtali wonders if he replied too eagerly to her invitation. ”I hope you find my gift useful. I’m sure you’ll know it’s from me and Avdikesh.” Yoromishtali turns his head to regard all the people at the L7. He nods to Cedona. ”You have many wanting to wish you well. I won’t keep you. Absalom Station will seem smaller without you. I hope to one day earn such respect.” He gives a deep bow with the word ”Farewell.”


Werehare Inquisitive 3/ Seeker 3/ Bard 3

The Purchase of A Future:
"...It is impressive that you have been to this many planets..."

The thoughtful comment came from the white-haired android with currant-colored skin, currently perusing the room filled with a vast array of images, all of them representing various planets, numerous biomes, and even shots of space, stars and planets both. They had paced around them all, but the image of the forest, shrouded in sparkling mist seemed to catch their attention more than the others.

'Only briefly', came the mental reply, equal parts slight amusement and a muted pride. 'The camera drones do most of the work. This one only selects the best images.'

In the exchange of leisurely comments, again the Android had returned to stand before the image of that misted forest. A tap of their hand on the image was registered as a purchase, and all the other images were swept away, replaced by the numerous other images of the planet and its various landscapes. Some had filters applied, showing the planet in various spectrums, overlaying or excluding the original image entirely.

"You've the talent for it, though. May I share your catalog with some of my contacts? Your work is too good to remain overlooked."

This time, the response was tinged with pleasure at the compliment and brightened by a touch of hope. '...Should you do so, it would be appreciated...'

In truth, the cost of the ship and drones was somewhat daunting, but true ownership was still a ways off. More exposure meant more potential purchases, and that would help speed that along.

"Call me Cedona, please." A gesture of her closing both hands together collapsed the displayed images into a DOT(Data Object, Transferrable), and the lights came up in the display room.


Your instructions were to find this ship called...the Fomalhaut? In docking bay 94. Cedona had contacted you and said that her pilot and this new ship should be arriving today, and that you should be make final preparations for your trip and be ready to leave tonight.

Of course three of you have worked together before. Anton, Chiaiese, and Yoromishtali of late had taken care of an insurance matter for businessman on Absalom from Nearspace. This resulted in finding a ship that was forgotten and lost--the Djinni Mirage. Last you knew, the Mirage was still stuck in that old blocked off hold down below the Gallery. Hopefully your contact will be able to maneuver through the bureaucratic red tape to open a bulkhead or two and get the ship out. Even if he can't, he'll break even if he can salvage the upgraded drift engine.

The fourth member of your crew is the Brenneri named Thak. Though he wasn't in on the Djinni Mirage job, he is known to the Yoro, Anton, and Chiaiese as a resident of the Gallery. Rumor has it he was part of the rescue of several people who had fallen in with some sort of cult, including the daughter of the owner of the L7 Bar and Grill.

A small yapping furry creature follows Thak as you near Docking Bay 94.

Now, where is this ship, and who is this mysterious pilot you're supposed to be meeting?

Yoro, Thak, Anton, and Chiaiese: it looks like the ship you're looking for is just across the docking bay. You can see it from your present position. Feel free to make you're way over. Me'mori, feel free to describe this pilot of yours--they're already aboard the ship.


Stellifera L3 • E/KAC 14/14 •SP 14/28 •HP 26(28)/20(22) •RP 5/5

Amidst the seeming chaos of the active docking bay, a ship was parked, its cargo bay open to the line of automated drones that were loading and unloading crates and sealed containers from its one open bay. Its size put it above the standard light freighters that were numerous around Absalom station, at perhaps a step or two. The lines of the frame were smoothed out from the blocky rugged shapes of the ore haulers, and lacked the lethal points and lines of the perhaps few interceptors and combat craft that you may have seen. If form implied purpose, then this ship was intended to travel with its rounded curves and elongated lines around its symmetrical arrangement of engines.

Few hard lines marred the curves of the ship, save for the obvious additions of the negotiated details, and even then, they were accents to the aesthetic arrangement. The colors of the ship were weathered, intentionally or not, further leaning into the aesthetic impression of perhaps a predator that had since evolved from the hard times.

Near the open cargo bay, a Korasha lashunta stood, wearing the colors of an Absalom station dockmaster, seemingly conferring with a humanoid in coveralls, their skin translucent and shimmering in the harsh industrial light of the docking bay. The two were both looking down at their datapads as the incoming and outgoing cargo was verified. Judging by the number of items in the outgoing placement, the loading was almost done, and the groups of technicians were dwindling as final checks were completed and approved.

As for the figure conferring with the dockmaster, for all that could be seen of their form, it seemed like it lacked the finer details of most bodies, generalizing to a simple shape where finesse was not important. The coverall was unzipped to what would be the sternum, and as you get closer, there appears to be something inside the torso of the body, a creature, starting at just under the collar at the middle of the breastbone and extending upwards into the neck and bottom of the head.
___________________________
Randomly generated colors to help get a sense of the ship— Primary, Secondary, and Accents (#a3d87a, #decec1, #c54977)


F Damaya Lashunta Technomancer (2), Operative (1), Xenoseeker | HP:15/20 SP:0/16 RP:6/6 | EAC:11 KAC:12 BAB:+1 INIT:+1 PERC:+6 | Fort:+0 Reflex:+2 Will:+4 | 1st Lvl Spells:0/4+0/1 Spell Cache | Arc Pistol: 20/20, 2 extra batteries; Tactical Dueling Sword +1/1d6

"Wow, that's a very, umm, bold choice of green," Chiaiese says as the Fomalhaut rounds into view along the docking row. "And those reds..." Whoever painted this ship had a seething hatred for the color-blind.

Nevertheless, it was a good-sized starship, and appeared to be well-equipped for the unexpected.

Chiaiese recognized the Stellifera for what it was, having accompanied her mother while receiving a delegation on Castrovel before her time at Academy.

She approaches the hydrobody environment for the final member of the crew and offers a short bow with antennae down. "You must be our pilot. I'm Chiaiese, the company Xenoseeker. A pleasure to make you acquaintance."


Stellifera L3 • E/KAC 14/14 •SP 14/28 •HP 26(28)/20(22) •RP 5/5

Pausing their interaction with the dockmaster, the Stellifera in their hydrobody turned to Chialese, and returned the bow of greeting, a ripple of color fluctuating across its body as it intensified its natural color. A second after it straightened, there was the equivalent of a mental "knock", before a response was given.

'A pleasure and well met. I will be your pilot.' Their mental voice felt like it would when a sound was heard while submerged under a body of water, a sense of being wrapped in a liquid pressure that conveyed the communication. Likewise, as the communication was given, more definition had come to their hands and arms, smoothly moving them as they communicated. 'These are the others, yes? Welcome then, to the Fomalhaut.'

The last communication was concluded with a welcoming gesture to the open cargo bay, including the others. Those more engineering minded would notice the personal comm unit clipped to its waist looked more rugged and durable than typical, the module integrated with a stronger computer. A radiation badge was clipped to its collar and no weapons were in evidence on its person.

'You may call me Neap.' As the others approached, the attention of the being did shift, though it was at least courteous enough to turn the hydrobody to help convey where its attention was aimed.

The dockmaster took the opportunity to follow up on the last loading details, heading over to inspect the few last items in the section marked for cargo to be loaded.
_______________________________
Anyone proficient in Common Sign Language? Otherwise, that entire exchange was telepathic.

Dark Archive

Viv: HP: 20/20 | +5/d6 x2 | AC: 15| Human Robotiscist Mech 2 | HP 16/16 SP: 12/12 RP: 5/5 | EAC: 13 KAC: 14 | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | F: +3 R: +6 W: +0 | Atk:+4/d6

A small hoverbot quietly whrrrrrs over to the overall-clad water creature, and seems quite intent on staring and analysing whatever the lifeform is that resides in the torso and looks out on the world through their unzipped opening.

*beep* *beep* *bop* *boop*? the droids asks, as if it will ever get an answer.

"Vivian...." a jogging/panting engineer pads up next to the droid. "That's not how we say hi to new people. Um, hi, Neap," he says sheepishly to the mind-talking water-being. "I'm Anton, I kind of fix things. And this,"

*beep*, the hoverdroid interjects.

Anton sighs. "...is Vivian. Don't mind her. She's annoying but mostly harmless."

*boop* *boop*

Manifold Host

male NG Brenneri diplomat envoy 3 | SP 21/21 HP 22/22 RP 3/4 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, Bluff:+9+exp | Speed 30ft; Swim 20ft | Active conditions: None | Bottle Caps: 1

One glance at the busy docking bay convinced Thak that letting Cubber walk on his own was a bad idea.

“C’mere, Cubber. Up and in!” He knelt down and held an arm out to the squox. With practiced ease, Cubber ran up his arm and hopped into “his” pocket on Thak’s suit. The squox shifted around until he was little but a furry head, two eyes, and a nose peeking out above the fabric.

The Fomalhaut proves easier to find in the array of ships than he expected. The sleek lines make it stand out among the boxier, service-oriented vessels.

As he nears the loading ramp, he sees a Lashunta and Human conversing with a… Stellifera? How delightful! Looks like an interesting voyage ahead.

He smiles and approaches the group with a bow. “Greetings, all. I’m Thak. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” After a friendly yip from his pocket, he adds, “And this is Cubber. Sorry about that, my friend.”

“Are we all of the crew?”


F Damaya Lashunta Technomancer (2), Operative (1), Xenoseeker | HP:15/20 SP:0/16 RP:6/6 | EAC:11 KAC:12 BAB:+1 INIT:+1 PERC:+6 | Fort:+0 Reflex:+2 Will:+4 | 1st Lvl Spells:0/4+0/1 Spell Cache | Arc Pistol: 20/20, 2 extra batteries; Tactical Dueling Sword +1/1d6

Chiaiese returns the bow to Thak. "I am Chiaiese. A pleasure - I've seen you around the Gallery. I operate The Nexus newsfeed.

"We're waiting on one more, our friend Yoromishtali. Should be here momentarily. Does anyone have any more details from Cedona on why we were summoned for this simple supply run?"

Manifold Host

male NG Brenneri diplomat envoy 3 | SP 21/21 HP 22/22 RP 3/4 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, Bluff:+9+exp | Speed 30ft; Swim 20ft | Active conditions: None | Bottle Caps: 1
Chiaiese wrote:
”I am Chiaiese. A pleasure - I've seen you around the Gallery. I operate The Nexus newsfeed.”

Thak nods. “Ah yes, I knew I recognized you — from the newsfeed AND the Gallery. It’s a pleasure to meet you officially. I work with many in your profession. We must swap stories as we travel. I’m sure we know some of the same ‘casters.”

Chiaiese — How do you pronounce your name? Where’s the emphasis? chee-eye-EES? CHEE-uh-ees? I get curious about these things.

Thak turns to Anton. “And aren’t you often in The Gallery as well, Anton? I feel like I recognize you from there. So many faces, but some stand out.”

Finally, he faces Neap. Thak inclines his head and makes eye contact, waiting for him to initiate a connection. He carefully measures his message for economy and meaning.

Once he hears Neap’s mental knock, he responds. “It’s my pleasure meeting you. Here’s to working as partners.”

Taking in the three of them, Thak shrugs at Chiaiese’s question. “Perhaps Cedona is lonely for old friends in a new place. Who knows how she thinks… or even what she’s really doing there. I never could figure out her business exactly. Whatever it was, it kept her away enough that Cubber and I got to be best friends. I hope she’ll be pleased to see the little guy again.”


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Damaya Lashunta Technomancer (2), Operative (1), Xenoseeker | HP:15/20 SP:0/16 RP:6/6 | EAC:11 KAC:12 BAB:+1 INIT:+1 PERC:+6 | Fort:+0 Reflex:+2 Will:+4 | 1st Lvl Spells:0/4+0/1 Spell Cache | Arc Pistol: 20/20, 2 extra batteries; Tactical Dueling Sword +1/1d6
Thak Poorida wrote:
Chiaiese — How do you pronounce your name? Where’s the emphasis? chee-eye-EES? CHEE-uh-ees? I get curious about these things.

I pronounce it cheye-EES. If you ask me in-character I'll put you into the "Chasey" club.


Of course "Chasey" is good. In my mind I always think of the name as very exotic with lots of syllables. Sort of like "Kia-ee-A-say". Of course I have no say. But in my minds ear...that is what I hear.


Your trip, which takes: 5d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 4, 2, 1) = 13 days through the drift, is both uneventful and enjoyable. The five of you are able to enjoy yourselves and have some leisure time both together and apart. So far, this seems to be easy money.

On day 13 you exit the Drift and arrive in orbit around Nakondis. Immediately alarms on the bridge begin beep, flash, or blare. Sensors indicate two small ships are approaching at a high rate of speed in an aggressive manner.

You may immediately make the following checks before combat possibly begins:

DC 14 Engineering check:
You identify these ships as some sort of automated craft, although the machines are of a design unknown to the Pact Worlds.

DC 21 Culture check:
You recall tales of drones resembling these that were deployed by the aggressive and expansionist Azlanti Star Empire.

This is a good time to assume your roles for possible starship combat. I think we have our pilot. Where will everyone else be on turn one?

Please see slide 2. Your ship is in between the two smaller ships. If your starship role indicates you act in one of the BOLD phases below, please go ahead with your action. Please remember that the captain might possibly act in any of these phases. Also, if you want to try out one of the alternate starship roles (magic officer, chief mate, etc.), feel free to go if appropriate. Chiaiese, could you post the link to the Fomalhaut here? I think I will attempt to create a slide for it tomorrow. ROUND 1.

1. Engineering phase.
2. Helm phase.
a. Piloting check for initiative
b. Additional piloting checks for maneuvers
c. Science Officer

3. Gunnery Phase

GM Screen:
initiative yellow, green: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 141d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30maneuver, evade, yellow, green: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 121d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Dark Archive

Viv: HP: 20/20 | +5/d6 x2 | AC: 15| Human Robotiscist Mech 2 | HP 16/16 SP: 12/12 RP: 5/5 | EAC: 13 KAC: 14 | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | F: +3 R: +6 W: +0 | Atk:+4/d6

"Heh, yeah, I guess I do get there a bit," he answers in his eternally sheepish manner to the envoy. "I do outwork at the Sweet Doomed Angel on, like, pods and things, and I'm always scurrying around doing orders for customers. So, yeah, that could be so."

Anton spends much of the time onboard futzing with various technical equipment, be that either his ever-curious hover drone, or just about the ship, either trying to understand it, or fix things (regardless of whether or not they actually needed fixing).

Engineering!: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

"Um, guys?" he calls as the alarm klaxons start singing their song, "we've got what appears to be automated craft closing on us. Fast. I'll try and get more data on them."

Swapping posts for the moment (since nothing is broken. Currently.) Anton activates the ship's sensors and sees what kind of pings he can get back on them.

Computer!: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Since it's useless to do Engineering when nothing is broken, I'll defer on that this phase and do the Science Officer role. Just use the roll whenever we get there.


Stellifera L3 • E/KAC 14/14 •SP 14/28 •HP 26(28)/20(22) •RP 5/5

Exchanging Greetings:
There was a fluctuation of color and a bit of bobbing in the water body at the greeting Thak gave, their response was tinged with the feeling of warm shoals in a tropical climate, warm and welcoming. 'Greetings, fellow friend of Cedona, be welcome on the Fomalhaut.'

The question from Chiaiese prompted some movement from the Stellfera. The body's hand brought up the communit from its clip on the coverall to within reach of its arms, and there was a couple of seconds as the arms danced across it. Moments after, everyone received a chime from their own units as they each registered a local ping from a sender in close proximity, offering a DOT.

If accepted, it would unspool into a handful of pictures of the planet in question, along with the coordinates, the official entry in the star database, and the status of any overt settlements or claims in the public record. The pictures in particular are professional quality, each stamped with a hover of time, date, and coordinate details.

After replacing the unit, the body gave a bipedal shrug.

Startled by the alarms, Neap— who had taken to moving around the ship as an amorphous blob of water about the size of a person– hastened to the enclosed chair that served as their piloting seat. Their comm slotted into the seat integrating with the systems as the dome around the front of the seat lit up in a smaller display more customized to them than the standard controls. There was some hesitation on an action, since they were traveling legitimately, were they not?

"{Contact}" Neap said through the speakers on the ship just before Anton's words registered. "{Smaller ship pair on intercept. Make and intent unknown.}"

Also customized, the voice Neap used on the ship carried enough bass to rumble through a body, and that was after a miscalculation was corrected that had it set too low for comfort.
_________________________________
Piloting: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
((34 seconds behind the 'next chapter' post, and 1 min behind Anton. I fiddle with words too much.))


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Damaya Lashunta Technomancer (2), Operative (1), Xenoseeker | HP:15/20 SP:0/16 RP:6/6 | EAC:11 KAC:12 BAB:+1 INIT:+1 PERC:+6 | Fort:+0 Reflex:+2 Will:+4 | 1st Lvl Spells:0/4+0/1 Spell Cache | Arc Pistol: 20/20, 2 extra batteries; Tactical Dueling Sword +1/1d6

The Fomalhaut

And here's a handy cheat sheet for starship combat.

During the voyage...

Professionals all, the crew of the Fomalhaut settles into a steady rhythm. In truth, this was the longest Chiaiese had spent on a starship since she left Academy, and she didn't realize how badly she missed it. In her youth she had spent months on her father's cruiser, learning every aspect of the vessel, every function and role, taking pride in the Colonel's easy command style. Now she finally had something that felt like hers, even if it wasn't, really.

While the crew quarters were simple, the diversity of the crew meant few awkward encounters, not that she knew shame.She worked out daily and split active duty time between the Med and Tech Bays and the small Bridge, relaxing afterward in the holoden and trading stories of adventures still to come.

Now...

Chiaiese is already on the Bridge when the drift engines wind down and the Fomalhaut re-emerges in real-space. Her cup of Castrovelian milk tea sits nearly empty on the console in front of her. Her foot taps an allegro beat in the air and she suppresses the urge to chew her lip. Now they will finally get some answers from Cedona... hopefully.

Engineering: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
Culture: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

The sensors light up and the pair of small ships appear on an intercept course. "Drones," she quickly surmises. "I've seen these before - or ships like them. Azlanti Star Empire attack drones. Red alert - Weapons stations!"

Unless anyone objects, Chiaiese will take the Captain role. She's +10 Diplomacy for Encourage actions.

"Alright, Osamiri - it's showtime. Pick one to close with and keep the other at range, and push the sublights to the max. Let's see what this beauty can do."

Encourage: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17 (+2 Piloting check)

Manifold Host

male NG Brenneri diplomat envoy 3 | SP 21/21 HP 22/22 RP 3/4 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, Bluff:+9+exp | Speed 30ft; Swim 20ft | Active conditions: None | Bottle Caps: 1

Docking bay conversation with Chiaiese back on Absalom Station
As the conversation winds down and the crew begins heading in different directions, Thak touches Chiaiese on the sleeve.

“May I ask a favor? Please help me say your name correctly. I struggle sometimes with Lashunta pronunciations, and names have power and meaning to ourselves and others. It’s important to me personally and professionally that I get them right.”

He smiles. ”Would you please indulge me?”

Fast forward to now...

Although he anticipated plenty of new and exciting experiences on this trip, seeing two drones speeding toward the ship -- apparently with weapons hot -- when the Fomalhaut entered the system wasn't on the list.

He darts up to the bridge, ready to jump in wherever needed. A gunner's position sits open, so Thak slides into the seat and starts the targeting system.

“I hope this isn’t Cedona’s idea of a holiday adventure…”

Chiaiese — As the team’s skill-limited yet personable and super cute envoy, it’s probably best to use Thak as Captain (Diplomacy +12, Bluff +8+(1d6), and Intimidate +8), particularly since he’s below average at everything else (+5 Computers, +3 ranged combat, and no Engineering or Mysticism). Would you be open to switching posts next round?


F Damaya Lashunta Technomancer (2), Operative (1), Xenoseeker | HP:15/20 SP:0/16 RP:6/6 | EAC:11 KAC:12 BAB:+1 INIT:+1 PERC:+6 | Fort:+0 Reflex:+2 Will:+4 | 1st Lvl Spells:0/4+0/1 Spell Cache | Arc Pistol: 20/20, 2 extra batteries; Tactical Dueling Sword +1/1d6
Thak Poorida wrote:
Chiaiese — As the team’s skill-limited yet personable and super cute envoy, it’s probably best to use Thak as Captain (Diplomacy +12, Bluff +8+(1d6), and Intimidate +8), particularly since he’s below average at everything else (+5 Computers, +3 ranged combat, and no Engineering or Mysticism). Would you be open to switching posts next round?

One of us is going to have to be a gunner, and at least in that role you have BAB +1, compared to Chiaiese +0. Alternatively, Anton could jump on a gun and Chiaiese can take Science/Engineer.

Manifold Host

male NG Brenneri diplomat envoy 3 | SP 21/21 HP 22/22 RP 3/4 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, Bluff:+9+exp | Speed 30ft; Swim 20ft | Active conditions: None | Bottle Caps: 1
Chiaiese wrote:
”One of us is going to have to be a gunner, and at least in that role you have BAB +1, compared to Chiaiese +0. Alternatively, Anton could jump on a gun and Chiaiese can take Science/Engineer.”

Works for me. I'm happy to stick with a gun. We can always reorganize as necessary. We're really balanced!


Vesk Soldier 3 SP 9/24 HP 27/27 EAC 13 KAC 14 F: +4 R: +4 W: +3 RP 1/4

Introductions at the ship:
Yoromishtali walks down the concourse carrying two travel cases. One appears to be a long-arm case. The other one is the right size to hold a doshko. He has a backpack as well. ”Here I am! Sorry for the delay. The person who is watching my studio – You know it’s not important. Am I the last one? I’m Yoromishtali, good at physical security and cinematography.”

He nods at Chiaiese and Anton. ”You’re still looking healthy since the last time I saw you.”

He regards the stellifera and the brenneri with relaxed body language, looking from one to the other. ”Greetings! I think I might have seen you at Cedona’s party months ago, maybe not. If you have a problem with any of my behaviors, please let me know. Let me get this stowed aboard. Anything else I need to do to prepare for departure? Like maybe checking out the turret before we’re attacked by pirates?”

Yoromishtali is reading on his bunk when the alarms sound. He drops the tablet onto his bed, then takes his laser rilfe from the case and heads towards the turret. ”I’ll be in the turret! Got my rifle in case we’re boarded.”


Stellifera L3 • E/KAC 14/14 •SP 14/28 •HP 26(28)/20(22) •RP 5/5

On the main viewscreen, the screen divided into three, red-framed still images of the two ships that were approaching them standing as icons with question marks where the data about them would be. That was to be filled in as they gained that data, but for now, they had the advantage. On the icons, one was framed in a red light. {"Target indicated, maintaining range. Disable or Destroy?"}
_______________________
Piloting(Evade@13): 1d20 + 11 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 11 - 1 + 2 = 25 +2 AC/TL
Green is Primary Target, intending to maintain distance from Yellow.


F Damaya Lashunta Technomancer (2), Operative (1), Xenoseeker | HP:15/20 SP:0/16 RP:6/6 | EAC:11 KAC:12 BAB:+1 INIT:+1 PERC:+6 | Fort:+0 Reflex:+2 Will:+4 | 1st Lvl Spells:0/4+0/1 Spell Cache | Arc Pistol: 20/20, 2 extra batteries; Tactical Dueling Sword +1/1d6

"No crews to worry about; those are just flying guns out there. Target with extreme prejudice. Let's do this quick."


Osamiri or Neap? It's fine if there is a change to Osamiri.

Osamiri, do you intend to move anymore? I see you may have turned the ship a little, and it looks like you are intending to maintain some distance (unfortunately, these guys are fast...).

Anton, your successful scan indicates the following::

I'm just going to give you the full rundown to make this easy. This isn't a complicated ship, so your scan would probably reveal most or all of this anyway.

ORBITAL DRONES (2) TIER 1/2
Tiny racer drone
Speed 12; Maneuverability perfect (turn 0)
AC 15; TL 15
HP 20 each; DT —; CT 4
Shields none
Attack (turret) light laser cannon (2d4)

Power Core Micron Light (50 PCU); Drift Engine none; mk 2 armor, mk 2 defenses; Expansion Bays none

SPECIAL ABILITIES
Automated (Ex) An orbital drone has no crew, though it has an on-board computer that can perform most crew actions. The on-board computer can perform pilot and gunnery actions as if it has a crew of two. When an Azlanti drone takes a critical damage effect, it instead loses 2 Hull Points.

The two enemy ship criss-cross, passing by your port side. They fire lasers as they pass!

green, to hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
damage: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4

yellow, to hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
damage: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7

That second one hits your port side for 7 points of damage to your port side. This ship does not appear to have shields, so it goes straight through.

Gunners may go. Chiaiese linked to a starship above. It looks like your port coilgun and turreted laser net comes into play here, Thak and Yoro may each choose one to fire.

Please see slide 2. If your starship role indicates you act in one of the BOLD phases below, please go ahead with your action. Please remember that the captain might possibly act in any of these phases. Also, if you want to try out one of the alternate starship roles (magic officer, chief mate, etc.), feel free to go if appropriate. ROUND 1.

1. Engineering phase.
2. Helm phase.
a. Piloting check for initiative
b. Additional piloting checks for maneuvers
c. Science Officer
3. Gunnery Phase

Manifold Host

male NG Brenneri diplomat envoy 3 | SP 21/21 HP 22/22 RP 3/4 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, Bluff:+9+exp | Speed 30ft; Swim 20ft | Active conditions: None | Bottle Caps: 1
Yoro wrote:
”I’ll be in the turret!”

Hearing Yoro climb into the turret position, Thak taps the controls at the bridge weapons station to pull up a tactical display, then pulls on the comm headset.

“All weapon systems are ready. Yoro, targeting yellow?”

Thak will target whichever ship Yoro wants to shoot.
Port coilgun: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Damage on hit: 4d4 ⇒ (2, 3, 4, 4) = 13


Here are some suggestions for our round one retcon: Green does not move nearly as far, instead coming around the aft/starboard side of the Fomalhaut. It fires and misses. Yellow has one more hex to move, and it does so. It fires, and even with the range increment penalty it still -just- hits. Thak missed on his hit, which probably would have been vs. green instead of yellow.

Thanks for your patience, everyone. We'll do the next round a little more systematically--I can tell you that these drones will die quickly if you can get hit on one, especially if it's with a missile or a coilgun.

Yoro is up. Of course you can fire the turreted weapon, but you have a clean missile shot vs. yellow, which has far more damage potential than the laser net. You can access all weapons, even while you are "in" the turret.

Finally, I have created a slide with the the starship stat block and a bit of artwork that reflects that fact that you all discussed the Fomalhaut as being quite a bit less boxy than other vessels in Docking Bay 94...


Vesk Soldier 3 SP 9/24 HP 27/27 EAC 13 KAC 14 F: +4 R: +4 W: +3 RP 1/4

”Affirmative Thank,” Yoromishtali says into the comm. He selects the yellow highlighted drone and launches a missile at it.

Missile attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8


Let's go with the engineering phase and initiative. Osamiri/Neap: Please put your initiative roll into a spoiler (that way if the Captain decides to modify it she shouldn't know exactly what you got).

Please see slide 2. If your starship role indicates you act in one of the BOLD phases below, please go ahead with your action. Please remember that the captain might possibly act in any of these phases. Also, if you want to try out one of the alternate starship roles (magic officer, chief mate, etc.), feel free to go if appropriate. ROUND 2.

1. Engineering phase.
2. Helm phase.
a. Piloting check for initiative

b. Additional piloting checks for maneuvers
c. Science Officer
3. Gunnery Phase

GM screen:
initiative, green, yellow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 201d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Stellifera L3 • E/KAC 14/14 •SP 14/28 •HP 26(28)/20(22) •RP 5/5

Getting hit by the drones was not unexpected, as they were outnumbered, so Neap focused on what they were there to do, which was fly. There were no warning lights from the indicators so keeping them in optimal range was the best option. Skirting outside of the range of one of their weapons seemed to be the best thing to attempt.

{"Can a lock be established on either of them?"}
____________________________________

Hidden Rolls:
Piloting: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Dark Archive

Viv: HP: 20/20 | +5/d6 x2 | AC: 15| Human Robotiscist Mech 2 | HP 16/16 SP: 12/12 RP: 5/5 | EAC: 13 KAC: 14 | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | F: +3 R: +6 W: +0 | Atk:+4/d6

Anton analyses the data his scan tagged off the enemy.

"It looks like we've got equal speed of our enemy, so we can't open up to give our better weapons the range they need. Well, we can't if tings stay the same. I'll try to fix that."

Anton whirls over the engineer station and examines the power flow. With a deft flick he cuts power to the trivid holo and tries to divert it to the engines.

Engineering! DC13!: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 hehehehehe

Divert. Speed = +2.


It's time for movement. Green needs to move first, followed by the Fomalhaut, then yellow. I have moved green. Osamiri, you may now move. If there is a science officer, you may go now as well.

Please see slide 2. If your starship role indicates you act in one of the BOLD phases below, please go ahead with your action. Please remember that the captain might possibly act in any of these phases. Also, if you want to try out one of the alternate starship roles (magic officer, chief mate, etc.), feel free to go if appropriate. ROUND 2.

1. Engineering phase.
2. Helm phase.
a. Piloting check for initiative
b. Movement and Additional piloting checks for maneuvers
c. Science Officer

3. Gunnery Phase


Stellifera L3 • E/KAC 14/14 •SP 14/28 •HP 26(28)/20(22) •RP 5/5

Neap did what they could to make themselves a difficult target without compromising the chance for a shot at the drones.
________________________
Evade@13: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 +2 AC/TL
Sorry, "Neap" works as a nickname. I did not want to get stuck with that name for the profile though. ^^;


Time for gunnery phase (science officer may still go as well, and I bet Captain will have an action as well). Gunners, please put your actions in a spoiler so the captain can't peek!

The two drones fire at you.

to hit, green, with 2 range increment penalties: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 5 - 4 = 9
damage: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5

to hit, yellow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
damage: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8

Pair of misses. Neap's evade saved your bacon.

Please see slide 2. If your starship role indicates you act in one of the BOLD phases below, please go ahead with your action. Please remember that the captain might possibly act in any of these phases. Also, if you want to try out one of the alternate starship roles (magic officer, chief mate, etc.), feel free to go if appropriate. ROUND 2.

1. Engineering phase.
2. Helm phase.
a. Piloting check for initiative
b. Movement and Additional piloting checks for maneuvers
c. Science Officer
3. Gunnery Phase


F Damaya Lashunta Technomancer (2), Operative (1), Xenoseeker | HP:15/20 SP:0/16 RP:6/6 | EAC:11 KAC:12 BAB:+1 INIT:+1 PERC:+6 | Fort:+0 Reflex:+2 Will:+4 | 1st Lvl Spells:0/4+0/1 Spell Cache | Arc Pistol: 20/20, 2 extra batteries; Tactical Dueling Sword +1/1d6

Fomalhaut shudders from the first pair of hits, but then Neap has her sprinting and turning, closing with one and keep the other at long range.

"Nice driving, Neap!"

"Thak, jump over to the starboard gun. Yoro, switch back to the turret and blast that drone to the stars. That's an order, Mister!"

Demand (Intimidate): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 (+4 Bonus to Gunnery/To-hit this round for Yoro)

Manifold Host

male NG Brenneri diplomat envoy 3 | SP 21/21 HP 22/22 RP 3/4 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, Bluff:+9+exp | Speed 30ft; Swim 20ft | Active conditions: None | Bottle Caps: 1

Thak’s fingers move across the weapon station controls and the tactical display switches from an empty star field to a targeting grid squared on the yellow drone.

“Firing!”

Targeting yellow drone
Starboard coilgun: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Damage on hit: 4d4 ⇒ (4, 2, 3, 3) = 12

The drone shoots and misses, but slips over Thak's shot. Hmm… they never moved that way in the simulators. I’ll need to allow for that.

He taps a few more buttons and twists a knob to adjust the system before the next shot.


Vesk Soldier 3 SP 9/24 HP 27/27 EAC 13 KAC 14 F: +4 R: +4 W: +3 RP 1/4

”It’s like my time on the simulator was a waste,” Yoromishtali grumbles. He takes a long breath through his nostrils. He cancels the target lock and selects the drone again ”Another missile launched!”

Missile attack on yellow drone: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 1 = 23


F Damaya Lashunta Technomancer (2), Operative (1), Xenoseeker | HP:15/20 SP:0/16 RP:6/6 | EAC:11 KAC:12 BAB:+1 INIT:+1 PERC:+6 | Fort:+0 Reflex:+2 Will:+4 | 1st Lvl Spells:0/4+0/1 Spell Cache | Arc Pistol: 20/20, 2 extra batteries; Tactical Dueling Sword +1/1d6

Chiaiese shrugs. "Or whatevs. That works too."


Thak misses, but so far the missile Yoro launched seems to be on target.

The speed of your missiles is 12. The drone was 14 away. The drone will have to make the choice whether to try to outrun the missile this turn. During the gunnery phase, Yoro may make another attack roll to keep the missile on target, and if it is within 12 hexes of the target, it will impact and explode. The good news is that I don't think this roll counts as Yoro's attack, so he can take another action (this doesn't come up very often).

Please see slide 2. If your starship role indicates you act in one of the BOLD phases below, please go ahead with your action. Please remember that the captain might possibly act in any of these phases. Also, if you want to try out one of the alternate starship roles (magic officer, chief mate, etc.), feel free to go if appropriate. ROUND 3.

1. Engineering phase.
2. Helm phase.
a. Piloting check for initiative

b. Movement and Additional piloting checks for maneuvers
c. Science Officer
3. Gunnery Phase

GM screen:
initiative yellow, green: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 301d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


Stellifera L3 • E/KAC 14/14 •SP 14/28 •HP 26(28)/20(22) •RP 5/5

Within the watery egg that was their pilot's chair, Neap felt a touch of satisfaction at finally getting one of the drones out of immediate range. Now, to maintain that space, and give the others the window to clear these drones out.

{"Get ready, I'm about to give you a clear shot"}, Neap said over ship speakers.
__________________________

Hidden Rolls:
Piloting: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16[/dice]
Adjusted positions for intended movement direction. 3 hex to the right for all.

Dark Archive

Viv: HP: 20/20 | +5/d6 x2 | AC: 15| Human Robotiscist Mech 2 | HP 16/16 SP: 12/12 RP: 5/5 | EAC: 13 KAC: 14 | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | F: +3 R: +6 W: +0 | Atk:+4/d6

Imma do a SCinece officery thing this round/


Neap, you may move your ship, then the drones shall move.

Please see slide 2. If your starship role indicates you act in one of the BOLD phases below, please go ahead with your action. Please remember that the captain might possibly act in any of these phases. Also, if you want to try out one of the alternate starship roles (magic officer, chief mate, etc.), feel free to go if appropriate. ROUND 3.

1. Engineering phase.
2. Helm phase.
a. Piloting check for initiative
b. Movement and Additional piloting checks for maneuvers
c. Science Officer

3. Gunnery Phase


Vesk Soldier 3 SP 9/24 HP 27/27 EAC 13 KAC 14 F: +4 R: +4 W: +3 RP 1/4

Chiaiese I didn’t see your order for Yoromishtali before my last post. Sorry. Thank you GM for letting Yoromishtali have another turn.

”What was that Captain? Use the laser net?” Yoromishtali looks at the panel to switch the weapon functions. He presses a few buttons. ”Affirmative!” He confirms the near drone is within range and the appropriate arc and fires.

Laser net attack on yellow (closer) drone: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 1 = 19


Stellifera L3 • E/KAC 14/14 •SP 14/28 •HP 26(28)/20(22) •RP 5/5

Keeping with what had worked so far of "try not to get hit", Neap took a serpentine turn, trying to keep the two ships within their forward facing while keeping distance between one of them. It looked like a marker for a missile was still active, so that was something.
_______________________________________
Piloting(Evade@13): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


One of the drones (yellow) crosses in front of the Fomalhaut, once again ending up on the starboard side.

The other ship attempts to slip past the missile that was fired seconds ago, but the missile makes an agile turn and continues to bear down on the drone. Yoro, would you please do the honor of rolling to hit for the missile? A hit means it will impact and explode. A miss means it will continue through space forever...

The two drones fire at you.

yellow to hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
damage: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6

red to hit with range penalty: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 2 = 18
damage: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

Those are hits, and we have reached the first critical threshold.

crit result: 1d100 ⇒ 53
which weapons arc, front 1, port 2, starboard 3, aft 4: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Your port coilgun is glitching.

Gunners may go. As a reminder, Yoro, you'll be rolling to see if the missile hits AND firing another weapon for this turn. I'm assuming Chiaiese will act at this point, and I believe Anton is still planning to do a Science officer action, so gunners, please put your to hit in a spoiler.

Please see slide 2. If your starship role indicates you act in one of the BOLD phases below, please go ahead with your action. Please remember that the captain might possibly act in any of these phases. Also, if you want to try out one of the alternate starship roles (magic officer, chief mate, etc.), feel free to go if appropriate. ROUND 3.

1. Engineering phase.
2. Helm phase.
a. Piloting check for initiative
b. Movement and Additional piloting checks for maneuvers
c. Science Officer
3. Gunnery Phase

So far you have taken 19 hull points.

Manifold Host

male NG Brenneri diplomat envoy 3 | SP 21/21 HP 22/22 RP 3/4 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, Bluff:+9+exp | Speed 30ft; Swim 20ft | Active conditions: None | Bottle Caps: 1

Thak's shot:
The targeting display tracks the yellow drone more closely now, but the drone's speed and maneuverability seem to annoy the computer. After one more adjustment, Thak fires the port gun at the yellow drone.

Targeting yellow drone
Starboard coilgun: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Damage on hit: 4d4 ⇒ (1, 4, 1, 1) = 7

Dark Archive

Viv: HP: 20/20 | +5/d6 x2 | AC: 15| Human Robotiscist Mech 2 | HP 16/16 SP: 12/12 RP: 5/5 | EAC: 13 KAC: 14 | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | F: +3 R: +6 W: +0 | Atk:+4/d6

Science, Target system, weapons, DC, like, 7: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

"Hey guys, try shooting their weapons," Anton says helpfully.


F Damaya Lashunta Technomancer (2), Operative (1), Xenoseeker | HP:15/20 SP:0/16 RP:6/6 | EAC:11 KAC:12 BAB:+1 INIT:+1 PERC:+6 | Fort:+0 Reflex:+2 Will:+4 | 1st Lvl Spells:0/4+0/1 Spell Cache | Arc Pistol: 20/20, 2 extra batteries; Tactical Dueling Sword +1/1d6

Thak, you beat me to it. Hopefully you can still use a bump for this round.

The control module for the port coilgun sparks and smokes. The situation was becoming more dire. The ship could take a beating, but not for long. It was past time to land a hit on these drones. While the crew waited on pins and needles to see if the missile hit its target, Chiaiese turned her attention to the starboard coilgun.

"Thak, steady those paws. We need a hit!"

Demand (Intimidate): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 (+4 Bonus to Gunnery/To-hit this round for Thak)

1 to 50 of 1,278 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Quirk's AGAINST THE AEON THRONE All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.