World's Most Interesting Voice in the Void (002) [PFS CORE 1-35]

Game Master Great Green God

Mystery strikes at the problem-plagued Blackros Museum in Absalom, and its curator, Nigel Aldain, needs your help... again!

Museum Visitor's Guide


1 to 50 of 277 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

He doesn't believe in 'game balance'. He belongs to a prestige class whose sole requirement for entry is being him. ♬ He is indeed, the most interesting GM in the world. ♬ | The Void | CORE Archives | Std Archives | Archive+

It is a gloomy Sunday afternoon in the Grand Lodge's mezzanine lounge.

Scarab Sages

* * Pathfinder Core! * * F Gnome 6 Cleric Wizard
Tag:
HP: 42/42 | AC 19; TC 12; FF 18 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +12 | Init +7 |Perc: +6, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft

Dot.


He doesn't believe in 'game balance'. He belongs to a prestige class whose sole requirement for entry is being him. ♬ He is indeed, the most interesting GM in the world. ♬ | The Void | CORE Archives | Std Archives | Archive+

The lounge area overlooks the eastern wing of Starhall the museum-style repository of many books, architecture, and relics primarily relating to the ancient Azlanti civilization. Indeed the space's architectural styling and the artwork upon walls around the lounge reflects an Azlanti/Thassilonian bias.

Grand Lodge

Elf, Wizard (Diviner) 6, HP 32, AC:13, FF:13, Th:10, F+5/R+5/W+5(+1 vs fear +2 vs ench), Perc +14, Init +4

Vie simply can NOT wait in the lounge. The tall thin elf is down in the Starhall's repository of books. Trying to quickly speed read anything and everything he hasn't seen before. Particularly if he can find any information on those ancient civilization's lore on divination magic. He has his pen, ink, and papers ready to take notes on anything he finds especially interesting.

Liberty's Edge

Male 1/2 orc Rng 5/Ftr 2 | HP 61 | AC 18; Touch 11; FF 18 | F +11; R +6; W +6 | CMB+12; CMD 23 | Speed 30 ft | Init +0 | Perc +10 | Stealth: +4 Ranger 5/Fighter 2

Grog hurries past Vie on the way out of the lounge.

Scarab Sages

* * Pathfinder Core! * * F Gnome 6 Cleric Wizard
Tag:
HP: 42/42 | AC 19; TC 12; FF 18 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +12 | Init +7 |Perc: +6, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft

The small gnome is happy to be back in Absalom. Yabatha always loved how busy it was, there was always something happening in the city which is an exciting prospect for the younger gnome. Tired from her last trip, she casually takes in the architecture and the relics of the Starhall.

She is wearing a dull organe tunic, trapped together by a blue bandolier holding all her equipment together. She is small, but well built for a female gnome her age. Her striking orange hair stands out like a sore thumnb, and she smiles and introduces herself to Vie and Grog as they briefly meet in the hallways, "Oh, hello! Are you waiting on your next assignment too? I'm Yabatha by the way … oh, you're leaving? Okay! B-bye!"

She sends her small owl companion, Grimna, to stretch her wings and fly around the high halls while she peruses the museum.

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Rogue 3 / Ranger 2 / Shadow Dancer 2| HP: 50/50 | AC: 24 21 Tch 16, Fl 16) | CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13/+14 Darkvision, SM: +5 | Active conditions: none

A very diminutive gypsy woman walks in, flourishing many colorful scarves and clanking away with jewelry and trinkets. "Is this the place? I must admit, I have not spent much time here. I prefer the open road, but I made a commitment to this organization, and I am here to pay my dues."

A closer look reveals that her clothing is actually rather dark, but with small bits of bright colors that seem to come and go as she plays with her clothing. Maybe it is a trick of the senses, but she suddenly seems to disappear in the shadows, and later takes a seat elsewhere... you aren't sure how she got there unseen and unheard.

"Were we supposed to bring a pet? I am afraid I don't have one. I mean, I like animals ok, but just never saw the need to tie one close to me."


He doesn't believe in 'game balance'. He belongs to a prestige class whose sole requirement for entry is being him. ♬ He is indeed, the most interesting GM in the world. ♬ | The Void | CORE Archives | Std Archives | Archive+
Zora Magda wrote:
A very diminutive gypsy woman walks in, flourishing many colorful scarves and clanking away with jewelry and trinkets. "Is this the place? I must admit, I have not spent much time here. I prefer the open road, but I made a commitment to this organization, and I am here to pay my dues."

At this point there is no particular "in-game" mission, unless you want to come up with one. It is just a drizzly Sunday afternoon in Starhall on the campus of the Grand Lodge in Absalom.

There are no good maps for the interior of Starhall, but dammit there is going to be an east-hall mezzanine with big floor-to-ceiling windows, over-stuffed chairs, and the stuffed heads of various magical beasts displayed on the walls around, all overlooking a grand stone hall on the main floor below. And perhaps some lightning outside to set the mood.

Grand Lodge

Elf, Wizard (Diviner) 6, HP 32, AC:13, FF:13, Th:10, F+5/R+5/W+5(+1 vs fear +2 vs ench), Perc +14, Init +4
Zora Magda wrote:

...

"Were we supposed to bring a pet? I am afraid I don't have one. I mean, I like animals ok, but just never saw the need to tie one close to me."

A voice calls from behind the stacks of books. No you are not required to have an animal associate (never call him a pet) with you. But he keeps the winters from getting too lonely. ... Sometimes he's even useful. Ouch! Don't bite.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Druid 7 (HP 59/59) (AC 26/11/25) (CMD 20) (Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +8) (Init +3) (Perception +18)

A Deinonychus clad in full plate barding crafted from green dragon hide stalks into the lounge and curls up on some pillows.


Big burly male human

The die that is cast: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Grog half orc wrote:
Grog hurries past Vie on the way out of the lounge.

"Hold up there Pathfinder." says a tall, broad man coming the opposite way. It's Venture-Captain Adril Hestram. He's damp from having just come in from outside. He runs one big hand through his shock of hair, and ends up sprinkling the area with water.

He takes a moment to look Grog up and down before slapping him on both shoulders, and saying "You'll do. You see any other experienced Pathfinders around?"

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H57/57; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +10, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +1; Perc +12 Druid 6
Zora Magda wrote:

A very diminutive gypsy woman walks in, flourishing many colorful scarves and clanking away with jewelry and trinkets. "Is this the place? I must admit, I have not spent much time here. I prefer the open road, but I made a commitment to this organization, and I am here to pay my dues."

A closer look reveals that her clothing is actually rather dark, but with small bits of bright colors that seem to come and go as she plays with her clothing. Maybe it is a trick of the senses, but she suddenly seems to disappear in the shadows, and later takes a seat elsewhere... you aren't sure how she got there unseen and unheard.

"Were we supposed to bring a pet? I am afraid I don't have one. I mean, I like animals ok, but just never saw the need to tie one close to me."

I find it's always good to have an animal companion with you. a slightly husky female voice responds from inside the room. A muscular young woman wearing what can only be a breastplate of dragon hide is playing on the floor with a striking black panther. She is wrestling and tussling with the beast and both seem to be having a good time. This is Shade. And he is a good boy.

Liberty's Edge

Male 1/2 orc Rng 5/Ftr 2 | HP 61 | AC 18; Touch 11; FF 18 | F +11; R +6; W +6 | CMB+12; CMD 23 | Speed 30 ft | Init +0 | Perc +10 | Stealth: +4 Ranger 5/Fighter 2

"I think there's some folks still inside"


Big burly male human
Grog half orc wrote:
"I think there's some folks still inside"

"What's your name, Pathfinder?" He asks Grog.

"I need you to head up down to the library, and see if you can round up some experienced Society members."

He casts a glance up at the Great Hall's vaulted ceiling. "I'm gonna find out where all that noise is coming from. It sounds like someone is strangling a cougar in the mezzanine. Bring anyone you find to me up there."

Liberty's Edge

Male 1/2 orc Rng 5/Ftr 2 | HP 61 | AC 18; Touch 11; FF 18 | F +11; R +6; W +6 | CMB+12; CMD 23 | Speed 30 ft | Init +0 | Perc +10 | Stealth: +4 Ranger 5/Fighter 2

"I'm Grog. No problem we'll get it out"

Grog then goes and gets the rest of the party.


Big burly male human

Shortly, in the Mezzanine Lounge.

Venture-Vaptain Adril Hestram, a great bear of a man, stands, and observes the assembled Pathfinders over his crossed arms. "Hm."

After Grog arrives with the rest of the party.

"Right." Hestram says, suddenly in motion once more, slapping his hands together "There’s trouble at the Blakros Museum... again,”

“The museum’s curator, Nigel Aldain, came to me this morning asking for help. Apparently, a wayward daughter of his illustrious patrons, the powerful Blakros family, has disappeared, along with a few of the museum’s watchmen who went looking for her. As some of you might know," Hestram says looking at Radaghast, "the Society has helped him in the past, and he wants us to find her, before he loses his job, or worse--the boss's daughter. Now Nigel’s an old friend, and a former Pathfinder, but this kind of missing person case isn’t really our bailiwick. Normally, I’d tell him to find the district guard, and leave the Society out of it--except I would use more colorful language."

“But then he made me an offer that was too good to pass up. Not only will he allow the Society access to the Blakros Museum’s extensive, and very private library, but apparently this same missing daughter just returned to Absalom with a pack full of ancient relics collected throughout Osirion, and Northern Garund. Nigel promised the Society first pick of any of those pieces that catch our fancy. I don’t need to tell you what those kinds of things might be worth, so it looks like you’re heading to the Blakros Museum tonight."

“The missing daughter is named Imrizade Blakros—half-Osirian herself, and a pretty successful adventurer, and fortune-hunter by all accounts. Whatever happened don't let your guard down. If it could take her out of the picture without a peep it's a danger to anyone. Imrizade just arrived in Absalom out of the blue a few days ago, after a couple of years’ worth of tomb-raiding in the Osirian deserts, and carrying an odd metal cylinder covered in hieroglyphs, like nothing Nigel has ever seen before. Nigel says she went straight to the basement of the museum to do some research in the family’s library, muttering something about ‘whispers in the dark’ and ‘old tapestries,’ or something. Had there been a Lack-Wit Faction within the Society at the time he was active he would have been in charge."

"Nigel didn’t hear from her for a couple of days, which apparently isn’t unusual when someone is deep into their research in the archives, but he got worried when strange noises started coming from the basement. He sent a watchman down there to investigate, and when he didn’t return, Nigel sent a few more. That was last night, and they haven’t come back up either."

“Go to the museum and find out what happened to Imrizade Blakros and those watchmen. I'll be in Skyreach going through the archives to see what she might have found. A lot of those old Garundi relics can lift whole cities into the clouds. Nigel would prefer everyone brought back alive, of course, especially the Blakros woman, but the Society is more interested in what she brought back with her. I’ve got a hunch it wasn’t just grave goods, and pretty jewelry. Whatever she found, the Society wants it, or at the very least some information about it.”


He doesn't believe in 'game balance'. He belongs to a prestige class whose sole requirement for entry is being him. ♬ He is indeed, the most interesting GM in the world. ♬ | The Void | CORE Archives | Std Archives | Archive+

Blakros Museum Lore - Roll one Knowledge (history) check and open all the following that apply.

Knowledge (history) 10+:
In the early days of Absalom, the Blakros Museum was originally the stronghold of an eccentric wizard. Abandoned for centuries, it was later bought by the Blakros family, who turned it into a museum for their impressive collection of curiosities from across Golarion.

Knowledge (history) 15+:
The mad astrologer Ralzeros the Overwatched built what is now the Blakros Museum thousands of years ago, as an observatory to study distant worlds (and some say, to be studied by them). He later disappeared following a mage-duel with another of Absalom’s early wizards.

Knowledge (history) 25+:
Ralzeros carved his stronghold from a single block of volcanic stone with the help of fell powers granted to him by otherworldly patrons, supposedly to hide some powerful artifact secreted in the catacombs beneath the keep. However, neither the secret tunnels nor Ralzeros’s hidden treasure have ever been discovered. In addition, some stories claim that Ralzeros’s disappearance was actually an abduction at the hands of the alien monsters from the worlds he had studied so obsessively.

++++++++++

Blakros Family Lore - Roll one Knowledge (history) or (after a d4’s worth of hours of in-game time) a Diplomacy (gather information) check, and open all the following that apply.

Knowledge (local) or after a few hours of talking to people Diplomacy (gather info) DC 10+:
The wealthy and prominent Blakros family is a large, extended clan of eccentrics with trade contacts rivaling those of the Aspis Consortium who make most of their money selling valuable antiquities across the Taldor-Qadira border. Their daughters are known far and wide for their beauty, and marrying a Blakros woman is a sure path to power and riches.

Knowledge (local) or after a few hours of talking to people Diplomacy (gather info) DC 15+:
Rumored to be originally Taldan by blood, the Blakros have since intermingled with bloodlines from all over Golarion, by marrying daughters to a succession of Qadiran trade princes, Vudran rajahs, and even the occasional Tian noble and Mwangi chief. Gifts from these foreign potentates (and the sale of illicitly gained secrets) provide the foundation for the Blakros fortune and their famous collections.

Knowledge (local) or after a few hours of talking to people Diplomacy (gather info) DC 20+:
In reality, it is the many daughters who bear the Blakros name that are responsible for the family’s wealth. Although beautiful and amazingly fertile, wedding a Blakros daughter has significant conditions—the daughters always keep their maiden name, all children must be raised as Blakroses, and the husband’s family must offer a considerable dowry for the privilege of marriage. Once married, the Blakros daughters join an unparalleled spy network that keeps the family well supplied in secrets and priceless artifacts.

Any questions for Hestram or for the GM?


He doesn't believe in 'game balance'. He belongs to a prestige class whose sole requirement for entry is being him. ♬ He is indeed, the most interesting GM in the world. ♬ | The Void | CORE Archives | Std Archives | Archive+

Some Context: Blakros

So as many folks may know the Balkros family and museum show up quite a bit through out the first 10 seasons of Pathfinder Society play. To my knowledge this is the second time. Mists of Mwangi, which Radaghast can tell you about, was the first. At this point the museum has not undergone its expansion yet and has the same layout that Mr. Brown remembers (or can link to).

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H57/57; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +10, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +1; Perc +12 Druid 6

Stormy quiets her cat with a treat that smells fishy and a pat on the head. She listens intently and considers for a moment.

Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Knowledge (Local, untrained): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3

She comes up blank but says No telling what type o'trouble this lass has conjured up in that dark basement. I been hearing about that museum since I joined up and have been able to avoid it, til now.

Scarab Sages

* * Pathfinder Core! * * F Gnome 6 Cleric Wizard
Tag:
HP: 42/42 | AC 19; TC 12; FF 18 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +12 | Init +7 |Perc: +6, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft

Yabatha tilts her head, "The Blackross family, can't say i have heard much about them to be honest. Sounds like too much trouble to worry about anyway." She thinks for a moment about what she really knows.

History: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
Local: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Feel free to open the tags and read if you wish.

She cringes, "Rrrriiiigh, that Blackross family. How could i forget. Well team, looks like we have gotten our hands full this mission. Basically, they are super into wealth, rare magical relics and pawning off their daughters to unsavory characters for, you guessed it, more wealth. Not the type of people i would deal with, to be honest." Under her breathe, she mutters off, "But perhaps we would find some magical items on the way. I wouldn't mind having a look."

She turns to the venture captain, "Right, and do we really care what happened to those watchmen? From my understanding, their families would be hansomely represented if they were to turn up dead. That is how the family works, no?"

Ready to proceed.

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Rogue 3 / Ranger 2 / Shadow Dancer 2| HP: 50/50 | AC: 24 21 Tch 16, Fl 16) | CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13/+14 Darkvision, SM: +5 | Active conditions: none

”Yabitha, you seem quite knowledgeable. Good thing, I suppose, although I am not sure how much it helps us. Sounds to me like someone found something in the dark that they couldn’t handle. I just hope this isn’t a cleanup job.

Liberty's Edge

Male 1/2 orc Rng 5/Ftr 2 | HP 61 | AC 18; Touch 11; FF 18 | F +11; R +6; W +6 | CMB+12; CMD 23 | Speed 30 ft | Init +0 | Perc +10 | Stealth: +4 Ranger 5/Fighter 2

"I was in the museum before. I guess there's MORE trouble!"


He doesn't believe in 'game balance'. He belongs to a prestige class whose sole requirement for entry is being him. ♬ He is indeed, the most interesting GM in the world. ♬ | The Void | CORE Archives | Std Archives | Archive+

If anyone wants to do anything lemme know now, otherwise it will be 'museum time' later this evening. ;)

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H57/57; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +10, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +1; Perc +12 Druid 6

Well, it looks like we best get on over to the museum. Putting a thing off does not make it easier. Yabatha would you mind holding this wand of mage armor for me and using it on me just before we go into the museum. Feel free to use a charge for yourself as well. Stormy is ready to go.

Grand Lodge

Elf, Wizard (Diviner) 6, HP 32, AC:13, FF:13, Th:10, F+5/R+5/W+5(+1 vs fear +2 vs ench), Perc +14, Init +4

Vie is giddy with excitement. Oh most excellent!. Imagine the knowledge to be gained searching such a place?!?

I can't think of anything Vie will want to do or purchase before we leave.

Scarab Sages

* * Pathfinder Core! * * F Gnome 6 Cleric Wizard
Tag:
HP: 42/42 | AC 19; TC 12; FF 18 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +12 | Init +7 |Perc: +6, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft

"Let us not get our hopes up. The museum is most likely extremely dangerous. We will need to keep our wit about us. Let us go."


He doesn't believe in 'game balance'. He belongs to a prestige class whose sole requirement for entry is being him. ♬ He is indeed, the most interesting GM in the world. ♬ | The Void | CORE Archives | Std Archives | Archive+

It's still raining when the party arrives at the Blakros museum, located in the Wise Quarter that evening. At the doors of the museum you are greeted by the sight of Nigel, and a number of Blakros mercenary guardsmen dressed in their black and gold, one of them holding a large bunch of bananas.

Nigel a tall lean elf with the posture and glasses of a man who spends most of his days pouring over very large tomes with very small text, and not many pictures is pacing in a state of high agitation when you arrive. He paces back, and forth, not even noticing your approach.


Male Elf

"YAH!" He screams when you surprise him. Hopping down from the building's buttressing he demonstrates his grasp of the obvious by saying: "You're here."

He signals for the guardsmen to open the door and then leads the party into the six pillared entry gallery with it's tiled floor and vaulted ceiling. "Banana?" he offers.

He looks at Radaghast "They're a-ah precaution, of course."

"We've been making changes to the collection." He stops before a large statue of an girallon in mid-charge. "I bet this brings back memories, Rattata was it?"

Rather than barren and shrouded in silver mist the hall is packed with a mash up of tapestries, wood cuts, paintings, statuary and glass cases full of artifacts from across Avistan and Garund.

"Hestram probably gave you a summary allow me now to elaborate. Lady Imrizade Blakros had just arrived in the city unannounced on Wealday. The Lady had been visiting her ancestral homeland of Osirion for the last two years on a—a sort of quest to rediscover her heritage. Ahem, she brought back with her an odd metal cylinder, inscribed with hieroglyphs of a sort I am ashamed to say I could not identify. She went straight to the basement of the museum to do research she said in the family’s library, and said something about ‘whispers in the dark’ and ‘old tapestries’. It didn't make any sense to me at the time and hasn't gotten any clearer to me since."

"I hadn't heard from her for a couple of days, which isn’t unusual when someone is deep into their research in the archives, but I got worried when strange noises started coming from the basement. Stone grinding on stone and an odd sloshing sound. I was afraid the water closet needed a fresh cleaning. I sent a watchman down to investigate, and when he didn’t return, I sent a few more. That was last night, and they haven’t come back up either.… That was about six watchmen ago."

"You have to save Imrizade! I just know something terrible is going on. But at the same time I need you to be extremely careful. There are a number of priceless, and irreplaceable artifacts, and the texts stored down there. Now if you'll just follow me to the access stair. It's located under the pyramid in our big display room. I bet that really brings back memories, aye?" He says nodding to Radaghast.

Map Updated

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Druid 7 (HP 59/59) (AC 26/11/25) (CMD 20) (Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +8) (Init +3) (Perception +18)

Radagast dips his head, and chuckles.

Scarab Sages

* * Pathfinder Core! * * F Gnome 6 Cleric Wizard
Tag:
HP: 42/42 | AC 19; TC 12; FF 18 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +12 | Init +7 |Perc: +6, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft

"Do not worry, Nigel, we will investigate those strange noises. Before we go, could you tell us a little more about Lady Imrizade Blakros, what sort of stuff was she into?"

Yabatha will happily take the first step into the basement.

Grand Lodge

Elf, Wizard (Diviner) 6, HP 32, AC:13, FF:13, Th:10, F+5/R+5/W+5(+1 vs fear +2 vs ench), Perc +14, Init +4

Why is the museum library kept hidden in the basement rather than on display? Where is the listing of what is contained therein?

Liberty's Edge

Male 1/2 orc Rng 5/Ftr 2 | HP 61 | AC 18; Touch 11; FF 18 | F +11; R +6; W +6 | CMB+12; CMD 23 | Speed 30 ft | Init +0 | Perc +10 | Stealth: +4 Ranger 5/Fighter 2

"Ha why is it hidden...cause they don't want us to know what trouble Nigel gets into ha"


Male Elf

With a few quick adjustments by Nigel the miniature ziggurat in the museum’s North Exhibit Hall opens up revealing a wide black corridor ramp descending down into the darkness. (See map.)

PFS CORE - Vie Vsetko wrote:
Why is the museum library kept hidden in the basement rather than on display? Where is the listing of what is contained therein?

"It's a private collection meant for research not display. The museum itself before it was opened to the public served as a storage facility for the family's more unique treasures."

Yabatha Grimna wrote:
"Do not worry, Nigel, we will investigate those strange noises. Before we go, could you tell us a little more about Lady Imrizade Blakros, what sort of stuff was she into?"

Nigel blushes and says "How should I know? I'm just a museum curator. Besides she's been away exploring her father's homeland, Osirion since she finished her studies as a girl."

To Nigel, the question probably seems similar to asking a manager at a Hilton hotel what Paris Hilton is up to.

Grog half orc wrote:
"Ha why is it hidden...cause they don't want us to know what trouble Nigel gets into ha"

"Hmph."

Yabatha Grimna wrote:
Yabatha will happily take the first step into the basement.

I thought Zora was the scout. You might need a baseball bat to make you point so here. GM hands out an assortment of garage/shop melee weapons to the players at the table to use in figuring out their marching order.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H57/57; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +10, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +1; Perc +12 Druid 6

Stormy takes points after casting Barkskin on herself and Shade, Frostbite on Shade, and Greater Magic Fang on herself. Yabatha, if you don't mind could you use that wand I lent you on me? And does someone have a light

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Druid 7 (HP 59/59) (AC 26/11/25) (CMD 20) (Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +8) (Init +3) (Perception +18)

Radagast nudges Stormy with his helmet, which has a Heightened (4th) Continual Flame on it.


Male Elf
Radagast the Brown wrote:
Radagast nudges Stormy with his helmet, which has a Heightened (4th) Continual Flame on it.

And the Kaiser spike on top....

There is a long awkward silence that seems to drag on for hours.

Finally, Nigel says: "Well, good luck, and remember try not to damage anything. Heheh." His farewell ends with a bit of nervous laughter.

The ramp--wide enough to accommodate a draft horse moving large exhibits to and from the basement storerooms, ends at two sets of double doors, facing each other to the east and west. Wooden placards on the doors are marked “Storeroom 1” and “Storeroom 2.”

Map updated (slide 4)

What do you wanna do? I provided a little "bright torch light" icon on the map, to place with whomever you would like.

Scarab Sages

* * Pathfinder Core! * * F Gnome 6 Cleric Wizard
Tag:
HP: 42/42 | AC 19; TC 12; FF 18 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +12 | Init +7 |Perc: +6, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft

Following suit, Yabatha will cast light oh her hand which has easy access to her long sleeved tunic which she can use to hide it if she so pleases. "Should we open both doors at he sames time? Whats the worst that could happen?"

She smiles, and looks around the doors to make sure they are not trapped.
Perception, looking for traps: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


He doesn't believe in 'game balance'. He belongs to a prestige class whose sole requirement for entry is being him. ♬ He is indeed, the most interesting GM in the world. ♬ | The Void | CORE Archives | Std Archives | Archive+

dice:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Neither museum storage room looks to be trapped, and then-


Male Elf

"IS EVERYTHING ALRIGHT!?" shouts Nigel from the top of the ramp.

Liberty's Edge

Male 1/2 orc Rng 5/Ftr 2 | HP 61 | AC 18; Touch 11; FF 18 | F +11; R +6; W +6 | CMB+12; CMD 23 | Speed 30 ft | Init +0 | Perc +10 | Stealth: +4 Ranger 5/Fighter 2

Grog looks around the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


He doesn't believe in 'game balance'. He belongs to a prestige class whose sole requirement for entry is being him. ♬ He is indeed, the most interesting GM in the world. ♬ | The Void | CORE Archives | Std Archives | Archive+

The "room" is more like "the end of a slanted, hewn, grey-black, basalt stone hallway". This one has a pair of large opposing double doors with signs declaring the one to the east to be 'Storeroom 2', and the one to the west to be 'Storeroom 1'.


Male Elf

"I SAY, ARE YOU ALRIGHT!?" shouts Nigel again from above.

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Rogue 3 / Ranger 2 / Shadow Dancer 2| HP: 50/50 | AC: 24 21 Tch 16, Fl 16) | CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13/+14 Darkvision, SM: +5 | Active conditions: none

Zora makes a few adjustments to her clothing, going from bright colors to dark, muted shades. Smiling, she lets the others proceed. I don't need to be in front. Maybe they'll want a scout later...

As Nigel starts yelling, she rolls her eyes. "If we were trying to sneak down, that would have ruined it."

She quickly runs back up and puts a finger to her lips. "We'll be in touch, Mr. Nigel."

Then she slinks back down, apparently taking up the rear.

Just in case we want her, Zora has darkvision and a very high stealth, as well as good perception and trap detection. But I am happy to let your all power first if you like.

Scarab Sages

* * Pathfinder Core! * * F Gnome 6 Cleric Wizard
Tag:
HP: 42/42 | AC 19; TC 12; FF 18 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +12 | Init +7 |Perc: +6, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft
Stormy Weathers wrote:
Stormy takes points after casting Barkskin on herself and Shade, Frostbite on Shade, and Greater Magic Fang on herself. Yabatha, if you don't mind could you use that wand I lent you on me? And does someone have a light

"Yes of course, my friend! Here you go, one mage armor tap coming right up." She takes the wand and plants a charge on the druid. "Sorry, i must have gotten ahead of myself. Honestly, i must have gotten the creepers since coming down here. Not going to lie, i am not good with dark places."

After everyone is fully buffed, she opens up the door to "storeroom 1" and peers in.


He doesn't believe in 'game balance'. He belongs to a prestige class whose sole requirement for entry is being him. ♬ He is indeed, the most interesting GM in the world. ♬ | The Void | CORE Archives | Std Archives | Archive+
Stormy Weathers wrote:
Stormy takes points after casting Barkskin on herself and Shade, Frostbite on Shade, and Greater Magic Fang on herself. Yabatha, if you don't mind could you use that wand I lent you on me?....

What's the command phrase? ;)

Everyone, make sure to note your "buffs" in your post subheaders so I can find them.


Male Elf
Zora Magda wrote:
She quickly runs back up and puts a finger to her lips. "We'll be in touch, Mr. Nigel."

Nigel says. "Right of course, quiet. That's just what you need. I'll just go and see to- to things."

Exit Nigel Aldain.


He doesn't believe in 'game balance'. He belongs to a prestige class whose sole requirement for entry is being him. ♬ He is indeed, the most interesting GM in the world. ♬ | The Void | CORE Archives | Std Archives | Archive+
Yabatha Grimna wrote:
After everyone is fully buffed, she opens up the door to "storeroom 1" and peers in.

The doors open onto a vast hall draped in, dust and shadowy cobwebs and filled with haphazardly placed statues. The air is heavy with dust. The creaking of the door echoes hollowly (and far too noisily) among the figures, some swathed in thick coverings like misshapen ghosts, others bare and uncovered, all coated in a thick layer of dust. Leering visages loom out of the darkness, fearsome wooden and stone faces carved in grimaces and scowls.

The statues vary widely in style, culture and time, from stiff-limbed, animal-headed Osirion gods, to demonic-looking Varundi temple guardians, to ghostly baroque Taldane marble nudes.

Map Updated

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Rogue 3 / Ranger 2 / Shadow Dancer 2| HP: 50/50 | AC: 24 21 Tch 16, Fl 16) | CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13/+14 Darkvision, SM: +5 | Active conditions: none

Zora weaves her way back to the front, using her diminutive stature and agile skills to make little fuss.

"I doubt they have traps here, since Nigel should have warned us, but sometimes these researchers get a little crazy and paranoid. So let's be careful."

Are there any tracks in the dust or statues that do not have as much dust as they should?

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22 +1 for traps

Assuming it looks clear, Zora will stealthily proceed to the next door to check it for traps and sounds beyond.

Stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17 +1 for traps

Liberty's Edge

Male 1/2 orc Rng 5/Ftr 2 | HP 61 | AC 18; Touch 11; FF 18 | F +11; R +6; W +6 | CMB+12; CMD 23 | Speed 30 ft | Init +0 | Perc +10 | Stealth: +4 Ranger 5/Fighter 2

Grog grumbles.

"Eh...maybe Nigel wanted us to FIND the traps." He turns to Zora. "Did you see anything?"

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H57/57; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +10, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +1; Perc +12 Druid 6

Buffs: Barkskin, Mage Armor, Greater Magic Fang, Longstrider , and now shillelagh, from wand.

Stormy pauses at the doorway and uses a wand to enchant her club with shillelagh. She then steps into room 1 and looks around.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

1 to 50 of 277 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / World's Most Interesting Voice in the Void (002) [CORE 1-35] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.