[PFS2] GM Rinaldo's The Mosquito Witch (#1-02) (Inactive)

Game Master The Great Rinaldo!

Maps and Pictures


401 to 425 of 425 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 4 | AC 20 (21 Shield Raised) | HP (9)35/35| F +7 R +8 W +8 | Init +6 Perception, +7 Stealth, +9 Deception|

Using the momentum he gains by sneaking into the den, Kamil moves next to the creature and strikes twice!

Kamil has the Rogue Surprise Attack class feature
+1 katana vs flat-footed AC (two handed): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Damages, S: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
+1 katana vs flat-footed AC (two handed): 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 9 - 5 = 23
Damages, S: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
If the second attack is a critical, you can add Deadly Damages: 1d10 ⇒ 6

As the rules to purchase weapon have changed since last time I've check, it seems that I'm unable to purchase a striking rune at level 3, so I do only 1 dice of damages.


The Midnight Mirror

Thanks for being honest on that, I wasn't even questioning. ;-)

Your Stealth for initiative beat his Perception DC by 10, so you were definitely Undetected at the start of the round, making him flat-footed to you. That is enough to make your second attack a critical hit. That's 35 damage between the two hits!

Kamil bursts out of the shadows, taking the small creature by surprise. Before it even realizes Kamil is there, two swipes of the katana leave it in grisly pieces on the ground.

Similarly, the next two creatures both rolled above Kamil's Perception DC, so he is flat-footed to them.

At the same time, a second creature comes out of the darkness of the other tunnel. Screaming and wide-eyed, it runs down the hall and swings its sword at Kamil.
Move, Move, Strike
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
His swing goes wide as he suddenly notices the bloody mess where his companion used to be.

Following behind it, a bloodseeker flies along. The barbs on its legs seem longer and sharper than those you've seen before, and it tries to grab on to Kamil.
Move, Move, Strike
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Kamil easily dodges the bug and swats it away.

Initiative #6 takes its actions off camera.

Combat Card:

=======
Round 1
=======
Ezekiel
----------
#7
Green
----------
Lissi
Dob
----------
#3
----------
Vengis

=======
Round 2
=======
Kamil
----------
Blue
Bloodseeker (yellow)
#6
----------

Ezekiel is up! As Kamil moved up, his Light spell revealed another of the blue creatures, who hasn't acted yet.

Grand Archive

Male CG Male Human Wizard 1 | HP 15/15 | AC: 15 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25 feet | Focus 1/1 | | Class DC 17 | Active Conditions: None | Active Spells: Mage Armor
Skills:
Acrobatics +4, Arcana +7, Athletics +3, Crafting +7, Herbalism Lore +7, Medicine +6, Nature +6, Occultism +7, Religion +6, Society +7, Survival +6, Thievery +4, Underworld Lore +7

1 Action: Stride
2 Actions: Cast Electric Arc on Green and Blue
Basic Saving Throw needed from Green and Blue
Electric Arc Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


The Midnight Mirror

Don't forget to specify what kind of save and the DC to save me time looking it up. :-)
Green Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Blue Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Both take 2 damage.

The creature down the hall (green) casts a spell then moves up to Kamil.

Combat Card:

=======
Round 1
=======
Lissi
Dob
----------
#3
----------
Vengis

=======
Round 2
=======
Kamil
----------
Blue [-2hp]
Bloodseeker (yellow)
#6
----------
Ezekiel
----------
Green [-2hp]
----------

Lissi and Dob are up!

Horizon Hunters

Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Fighter 3 HP 41/41 AC 2019 F18 R 18 W15 Perc +7 25 feet Cl DC 18 Sp DC 18

Dob lets electricity fly between the two visible creatures and then steps forward into threatening range.

Electric Arc 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 basic reflex save DC16.


The Midnight Mirror

Green Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Blue Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Both take 2 more damage.

Horizon Hunters

Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Fighter 3 HP 41/41 AC 2019 F18 R 18 W15 Perc +7 25 feet Cl DC 18 Sp DC 18

Apologies, my spell DC is 17, don't know if I read it wrong or typo'd it.

Grand Archive

CN female Bleachling gnome (Umbral gnome) Rogue 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 | F +4 | R +8 | W +6 |Per +6 | Stlth + 6 | Spd 25 | Focus -- | Active Conditions: None

Pretty sure everything went before me, so no flat-footed. Guess I'll have to flank!

Lissi moves along the wall and darts around the corner. Quickly assessing the situation, she steps into a flank with Kamil and lashes out with her rapier.

[A1] Stride
[A2] Stride
[A3] Strike

Rapier vs Blue: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 P
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 1

OOF. Lissi is not having the best first outing.


The Midnight Mirror
Dob Frilko wrote:
Apologies, my spell DC is 17, don't know if I read it wrong or typo'd it.

An extra 3 damage to Blue, then.

Lissi, just wanted to point out an alternative: because you were on the other side of the wall, you were Undetected to the enemy when you started your turn. Instead of Striding, you could have used Sneak actions to move half speed and remain undetected; if you arrived at the enemy after a successful sneak, it remains flat-footed to your next attack. Now, in this case since you can get into a flank, it doesn't matter, but I wanted you (and everyone else) to be aware of the Sneak rules for future stealthy rogue stuff. ;-)

And, as it happens, making it flat-footed is enough for that attack to hit!

Lissi springs out from behind the wall and gets behind the second blue creature, stabbing it just below the neck. It gets a surprised look on its face before falling to the ground.

Blue is defeated!

Combat Card:

=======
Round 1
=======
Vengis

=======
Round 2
=======
Kamil
----------
Bloodseeker (yellow)
#6
----------
Ezekiel
----------
Green [-4hp]
----------
Lissi
Dob
----------

Vengis is up at the end of Round 1, and Kamil is ready to start round 2!

Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 4 | AC 20 (21 Shield Raised) | HP (9)35/35| F +7 R +8 W +8 | Init +6 Perception, +7 Stealth, +9 Deception|

Kamil attacks once with his katana the bloodseeker next to him.

+1 Katana (2 handed): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Damages, S: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Then, he calls for his heritage and cast Electric Arc on the two last enemies. yellow and green

By the power of the Dragon!

Damages, E, Reflex DC18: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4) + 3 = 10


The Midnight Mirror

Kamil swings his katana, but doesn't manage to catch the tiny flying creature. Letting go of the sword with one hand, he casts a spell, sparking an arc of electricity between the bloodseeker and the last blue humanoid.

Bloodseeker reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 Full damage
Green reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 Half damage

Vigilant Seal

Human Sorcerer 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 15| F +5; R +5; W +5 | Speed 25 ft | Morningstar +3 (1d6 P) | Perc +3

Vengis is glad his companions are on the front line.

That looks dangerous.

He draws his hand crossbow, loads it, and fires off a shot.

Hand Crossbow +5 (1d6 P): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d6 ⇒ 4

Looks like it will have cover. Also, is there still the -4 penalty in P2 for firing into melee?

Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 4 | AC 20 (21 Shield Raised) | HP (9)35/35| F +7 R +8 W +8 | Init +6 Perception, +7 Stealth, +9 Deception|

@GM the bloodseeker has critically failed its save ;-) So it takes double damages !


The Midnight Mirror

Kamil: I totally missed the Nat 1 - you are correct! It should take 20 damage, which is enough to kill it.

Vengis: There is no longer a flat penalty for "firing into melee", most penalties come from conditions. In this case, a creature in the way provides Lesser Cover for +1 AC, which is not enough.

As the bloodseeker falls to the magical shock, Vengis lines up a shot with his crossbow, landing a bolt in the last blue creature's leg.

Combat Card:

=======
Round 2
=======
Ezekiel
----------
Green [-13hp]
----------
Lissi
Dob
----------
Vengis

=======
Round 3
=======
Kamil

Ezekiel is up!

Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 4 | AC 20 (21 Shield Raised) | HP (9)35/35| F +7 R +8 W +8 | Init +6 Perception, +7 Stealth, +9 Deception|

No worries, I realized that a long time after, and after rereading the post a third or fourth time :P

Vigilant Seal

Human Sorcerer 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 15| F +5; R +5; W +5 | Speed 25 ft | Morningstar +3 (1d6 P) | Perc +3

Thanks for the rules help! Much appreciated, GM!

Grand Archive

Male CG Male Human Wizard 1 | HP 15/15 | AC: 15 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25 feet | Focus 1/1 | | Class DC 17 | Active Conditions: None | Active Spells: Mage Armor
Skills:
Acrobatics +4, Arcana +7, Athletics +3, Crafting +7, Herbalism Lore +7, Medicine +6, Nature +6, Occultism +7, Religion +6, Society +7, Survival +6, Thievery +4, Underworld Lore +7

Ezekiel switches tactics now that they're down to just one opponent.

2 Actions: Cast Ray of Frost!
Ray of Frost: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 Cold Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
1 Action: Cast Shield.


The Midnight Mirror

Sorry about the delays ... work is insane, and after work I go into hiding and just forget to check in :-O

Despite having to angle his attack past Dob's head, Ezekiel manages to connect a frosty ray with the blue creature.

For his part, the blue man casts a spell on Kamil ...

Kamil, if you have a reaction you can use when he casts, go ahead. I then need a Will save from you, which will affect his last action.

Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 4 | AC 20 (21 Shield Raised) | HP (9)35/35| F +7 R +8 W +8 | Init +6 Perception, +7 Stealth, +9 Deception|

no reaction
Will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


The Midnight Mirror

Technically it's an area effect, but only Kamil is in the area at the moment.

The air around the small blue creature takes on an unpleasant greasy feel, but Kamil does not seem bothered. Nonetheless, the tiny man swings his sword at the sorcerer, giving him a tiny nick akin to a shaving accident.

attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 Damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Combat Card:

=======
Round 2
=======
Lissi
Dob
----------
Vengis

=======
Round 3
=======
Kamil
Ezekiel
----------
Green [-18hp]
----------

Everyone is up! I feel bad for the little guy ...

Anyone who enters the yellow ring around the creature needs to make a Will save. It won't affect your action, but might affect his if you fail (and he survives that long).

Horizon Hunters

Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Fighter 3 HP 41/41 AC 2019 F18 R 18 W15 Perc +7 25 feet Cl DC 18 Sp DC 18

I, however, get a reaction from him casting a spell/using a manipulate in my reach.

Attack of Opportunity Flickmace 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 B Damage

Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 4 | AC 20 (21 Shield Raised) | HP (9)35/35| F +7 R +8 W +8 | Init +6 Perception, +7 Stealth, +9 Deception|

Kamil calls for his inner magic and casts true strike followed by an heightened Shocking Grasp.

Spell attack (w true strike): 2d20 + 8 ⇒ (1, 16) + 8 = 25 AC24, 25 if he wears a metallic armor>
Damages, E: 3d12 ⇒ (5, 5, 6) = 16


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Midnight Mirror
Dob Frilko wrote:

I, however, get a reaction from him casting a spell/using a manipulate in my reach.

Attack of Opportunity Flickmace 1d20+9 for 1d8+3 B Damage

I hadn't noticed you were using a reach weapon ... I should make sure to ask about that in future sessions :-)

As the creature tries to cast his spell, Dob lashes out with a flick of his wrist. A previously unseen lead ball on a long chain smacks him in the head, knocking him cold.

And preventing the spell and the subsequent attack. Combat over!

Searching further into the caves, you find a small colony of the blue creatures. A few of them speak Common, and beg you not to kill them. In exchange for their lives, they offer their meager treasure (worth 3 treasure bundles and some item access on your chronicles).

They are fey creatures known as Mitflits, and they tell you that their (now deceased) leader Gwibble convinced them to terrorize the town with their power over vermin, and to pretend to be the Mosquito Witch.

They are now frightened that the ruse has turned on them and that the real Mosquito Witch is angry—not to mention the very real issue of angry adventurers at their doorstep. They are adamant that the Mosquito Witch is real, and that they have seen her glowing red eyes in the darkness and heard the buzzing of her wings in the forest at night. They believed at first that by helping spread fear of the Mosquito Witch, she would spare them from her wrath, but now they’re not as sure.

When you ask about Haru's missing friend, they say she escaped them week ago, and if she hasn't returned, the Mosquito Witch has surely gotten her.

Defeating Gwibble and the mitflits ends the slough of attacks on Shimmerford, though the villagers are slow to return in the wake of the insect plague. Haru thanks you sincerely, but she quickly departs to continue trying to find her missing friend. Andor returns with you to Tymon, where he can get magical help for his disease.

A few days after you defeat Gwibble and his mitflit warriors, the entire mitflit compound collapses in a freak cave-in, a small and intricate paper doll found in the mud nearby. Whether this is the doing of the Mosquito Witch or another force seeking revenge on the mitflits remains a mystery.

=== THE END ... or is it??? ===

Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 4 | AC 20 (21 Shield Raised) | HP (9)35/35| F +7 R +8 W +8 | Init +6 Perception, +7 Stealth, +9 Deception|

Thanks for GMing Rinaldo!

Kamil has this strange sentiment to be followed when he comes out of the cave... as if a pair of red eyes were looking at him in the darkness.

He is quite happy to be done with this mission, and hope to never return to such place. Witch are real, he knows it in his bone.

Grand Archive

CN female Bleachling gnome (Umbral gnome) Rogue 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 | F +4 | R +8 | W +6 |Per +6 | Stlth + 6 | Spd 25 | Focus -- | Active Conditions: None

Days later, when Lissi hears of the cave-in, she grunts. That is why you do not play at being grandiose. The bigger fish might take offense.

Are you a bigger fish, little gnome?

Lissi closes her eyes and swallows. Careful, monster. Maybe I am, and you just don't know it. Just because you're in my head doesn't mean you're stronger than me.

There is a moment where her hand draws one of her daggers and presses the tip into the soft of her neck. She did not do it herself. Her hand quivers as she struggles to regain control before the dagger drops from her fingers. She releases the breath she didn't realize she was holding with small whimper as It retreats to the back of her mind, chuckling softly.

Thanks for running this! I had a blast.

401 to 425 of 425 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rinaldo's The Mosquito Witch (#1-02) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.