[PFS2] GM Rinaldo's The Mosquito Witch (#1-02) (Inactive)

Game Master The Great Rinaldo!

Maps and Pictures


151 to 200 of 425 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

The Midnight Mirror

GM Screen:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Sadly, Lissi has not heard much about mitflits.

Vigilant Seal

Human Sorcerer 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 15| F +5; R +5; W +5 | Speed 25 ft | Morningstar +3 (1d6 P) | Perc +3

Vengis sniffs. "Well, I don't see any other options except to follow those tracks. This is undoubtedly some creature or group putting all this up to scare everyone, and these tracks may lead right back to them."


The Midnight Mirror

The tracks are obscured after a short distance, so there is nothing to follow.

Envoy's Alliance

NG male dwarf (Forge Dwarf) Fighter 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 17 (19 w/ shield) | F +8 | R +6 | W +5 |Per +7 | Stlth +1 | Spd 20 | Active Conditions: None

Bhadrim investigates where the tracks disappear, but simply shrugs.

"Well, they seem to disappear. But this makes things interesting..."

Grand Archive

Male CG Male Human Wizard 1 | HP 15/15 | AC: 15 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25 feet | Focus 1/1 | | Class DC 17 | Active Conditions: None | Active Spells: Mage Armor
Skills:
Acrobatics +4, Arcana +7, Athletics +3, Crafting +7, Herbalism Lore +7, Medicine +6, Nature +6, Occultism +7, Religion +6, Society +7, Survival +6, Thievery +4, Underworld Lore +7

"Fascinating, though not definitive. While we're here, we might as well keep a look out for Haru's missing friend. While I know she passed on our assistantance, it wouldn't hurt to keep an eye out for the poor soul. Despite that, we need a decision on how to proceed next. I'm not sure how much more insightful the location will be, but with the additional context of Mitflit's being in the area, people in town might be able to tell us more now."

I don't think I said this earlier, but now that we're in 'adventuring mode' I'm going to cast Mage Armor.

Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 4 | AC 20 (21 Shield Raised) | HP (9)35/35| F +7 R +8 W +8 | Init +6 Perception, +7 Stealth, +9 Deception|

A fey creature could explain all the mischief we are witnessing.
As we are out now, may be we could go to the place where the cultist have been burned down?
I fear that we have seen all we could here.

Grand Archive

Male CG Male Human Wizard 1 | HP 15/15 | AC: 15 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25 feet | Focus 1/1 | | Class DC 17 | Active Conditions: None | Active Spells: Mage Armor
Skills:
Acrobatics +4, Arcana +7, Athletics +3, Crafting +7, Herbalism Lore +7, Medicine +6, Nature +6, Occultism +7, Religion +6, Society +7, Survival +6, Thievery +4, Underworld Lore +7

"Agreed, as long as we're out here we might as well go check on that location before returning to the village."

I'm worried we're spinning our wheels here. We need to hook onto a clue and get something of substance to check on.

Envoy's Alliance

NG male dwarf (Forge Dwarf) Fighter 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 17 (19 w/ shield) | F +8 | R +6 | W +5 |Per +7 | Stlth +1 | Spd 20 | Active Conditions: None

"Aye, but weapons out," Bhadrim rumbles, pulling out his axe.

In terms of marching order, Bhadrim is always going to be out front unless there is evidence of a threat from the rear, where he will swap positions.


The Midnight Mirror

Using the direction Galia had given you, you are able to find your way to the former home of the Ghlaunder cultist. It is just as she said - there is nothing left but charred wood, salty ash, and chunks of blackened bone.

Grand Archive

Male CG Male Human Wizard 1 | HP 15/15 | AC: 15 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25 feet | Focus 1/1 | | Class DC 17 | Active Conditions: None | Active Spells: Mage Armor
Skills:
Acrobatics +4, Arcana +7, Athletics +3, Crafting +7, Herbalism Lore +7, Medicine +6, Nature +6, Occultism +7, Religion +6, Society +7, Survival +6, Thievery +4, Underworld Lore +7

I'll give the area a Perception check to see if there are any clues or anything left over of interest.

"If we don't uncover anything of value, I suggest we move on quickly."

Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 4 | AC 20 (21 Shield Raised) | HP (9)35/35| F +7 R +8 W +8 | Init +6 Perception, +7 Stealth, +9 Deception|

Kamil tries to find some tracks. Kamil will try survival (+5) to find some

I agree. Where do you want to go after this?

Vigilant Seal

Human Sorcerer 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 15| F +5; R +5; W +5 | Speed 25 ft | Morningstar +3 (1d6 P) | Perc +3

Vengis sniffs at the sight of the charred home. "A painful way to die, to be sure. And seemingly for false allegations," he says.

He casts detect magic on the area while the others study it.

Grand Archive

Male CG Male Human Wizard 1 | HP 15/15 | AC: 15 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25 feet | Focus 1/1 | | Class DC 17 | Active Conditions: None | Active Spells: Mage Armor
Skills:
Acrobatics +4, Arcana +7, Athletics +3, Crafting +7, Herbalism Lore +7, Medicine +6, Nature +6, Occultism +7, Religion +6, Society +7, Survival +6, Thievery +4, Underworld Lore +7

"My recommendation would be to return to the village and resume questioning the residents. I fear we only scratched the surface of what is known there and others might be able to shed more light on our predicament. Also, probing into the presence of the Mitflit might be of benefit. People in town might known more about them and a possible location of the Mitflit or if there are more."

Nature check to know more about Mitflits?


The Midnight Mirror

You find nothing in the remains of the house.

Ezekiel, I need you to be a bit more specific about what sort of information you are trying to recall about Mitflits. That affects the DC and possibly which skill is most relevent.

Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 4 | AC 20 (21 Shield Raised) | HP (9)35/35| F +7 R +8 W +8 | Init +6 Perception, +7 Stealth, +9 Deception|

There is a blacksmith in town, may be we can ask him about a mine?

Grand Archive

Male CG Male Human Wizard 1 | HP 15/15 | AC: 15 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25 feet | Focus 1/1 | | Class DC 17 | Active Conditions: None | Active Spells: Mage Armor
Skills:
Acrobatics +4, Arcana +7, Athletics +3, Crafting +7, Herbalism Lore +7, Medicine +6, Nature +6, Occultism +7, Religion +6, Society +7, Survival +6, Thievery +4, Underworld Lore +7

So that doesn't match up with what I understand how Monster Knowledge checks work. So for instance, with a Fey creature, their Identification skill would be Nature and a successful knowledge check reveals a bit of well known information while a critical success also reveals something subtler. Are you saying I can target specific information from a creature to learn about those details? I'm just trying to understand what are the parameters around a knowledge check for Creature Identification.

Horizon Hunters

Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Fighter 3 HP 41/41 AC 2019 F18 R 18 W15 Perc +7 25 feet Cl DC 18 Sp DC 18

"Maybe we should ask around at some of the outlying farms as long as we are out of town. Seems with livestock being attacked, they might have a keener interest in seeing this problem solved." Dob suggests, his voice flat and somewhat disinterested-sounding.

Envoy's Alliance

NG male dwarf (Forge Dwarf) Fighter 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 17 (19 w/ shield) | F +8 | R +6 | W +5 |Per +7 | Stlth +1 | Spd 20 | Active Conditions: None

Bhadrim appears flustered at the lack of apparent leads, now that Witchtop Hill and the home of the Ghlaunder cultist appear to have become dead ends.

"Aye, it seems these are a wash."


The Midnight Mirror

GM Screen:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Ezekiel tries to recall information about Mitflits, but beyond recognizing their tracks, he can't think of anything specific he learned about them or their habits.

Dob: There are no outlying farms left. The only residents remaining are in the town itself.

Grand Archive

CN female Bleachling gnome (Umbral gnome) Rogue 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 | F +4 | R +8 | W +6 |Per +6 | Stlth + 6 | Spd 25 | Focus -- | Active Conditions: None

Lissi helps sift through the rubble, but she doubts she'll find anything the others haven't. I'll make a Perception check but I don't think we're going to find anything here either. Worth a shot anyway.


The Midnight Mirror

I've already said there's nothing here to find - notice I didn't even bother making rolls for anyone. ;-)

Horizon Hunters

Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Fighter 3 HP 41/41 AC 2019 F18 R 18 W15 Perc +7 25 feet Cl DC 18 Sp DC 18

Ok, back to town, then, I guess. :)

Envoy's Alliance

NG male dwarf (Forge Dwarf) Fighter 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 17 (19 w/ shield) | F +8 | R +6 | W +5 |Per +7 | Stlth +1 | Spd 20 | Active Conditions: None

"Aye, we should call the remaining townsfolk to the tavern, try and get all of the information we can."

Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 4 | AC 20 (21 Shield Raised) | HP (9)35/35| F +7 R +8 W +8 | Init +6 Perception, +7 Stealth, +9 Deception|

We have no authority there, why will they comply?
I suggest to get to them first.


The Midnight Mirror

What is your next destination and plan?

Grand Archive

Male CG Male Human Wizard 1 | HP 15/15 | AC: 15 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25 feet | Focus 1/1 | | Class DC 17 | Active Conditions: None | Active Spells: Mage Armor
Skills:
Acrobatics +4, Arcana +7, Athletics +3, Crafting +7, Herbalism Lore +7, Medicine +6, Nature +6, Occultism +7, Religion +6, Society +7, Survival +6, Thievery +4, Underworld Lore +7

Lets keep it simple. The two house's nearest to the Inn are the Tanner and Ms. Ruza. My vote is to start at the Tanner and then move on to Ms. Ruza. Everyone good with that?

Horizon Hunters

Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Fighter 3 HP 41/41 AC 2019 F18 R 18 W15 Perc +7 25 feet Cl DC 18 Sp DC 18

yup

Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 4 | AC 20 (21 Shield Raised) | HP (9)35/35| F +7 R +8 W +8 | Init +6 Perception, +7 Stealth, +9 Deception|

agreed

Envoy's Alliance

NG male dwarf (Forge Dwarf) Fighter 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 17 (19 w/ shield) | F +8 | R +6 | W +5 |Per +7 | Stlth +1 | Spd 20 | Active Conditions: None

Permission to kill everyone and take their stuff? :D

Bhadrim looks at Kamil and rolls his eyes.

"Perhaps to avoid being eaten alive by bloodsuckers?"


The Midnight Mirror

You head back to town, and go to see the Tanner. The door is open, and when you enter you see a human of apparently Taldan descent working. When you enter, they say, "Welcome. How can I help you?"

Envoy's Alliance

NG male dwarf (Forge Dwarf) Fighter 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 17 (19 w/ shield) | F +8 | R +6 | W +5 |Per +7 | Stlth +1 | Spd 20 | Active Conditions: None

Bhadrim nods in greetings to the Taldan.

"Greetings. We are Pathfinders, sent to investigate the happenings in this town. We've been to Witchtop Hill, where we found some small tracks and a lot of paper dolls, as well as the former home of the Ghlaunder cultist, which was useless. Do you happen to know anything about what is happening here?"


The Midnight Mirror

"No more than anyone else. Have you talked to the other adventurers who have come through? There was that half-elf, called herself "Hunter". Had that gold armor. She asked me about a strange rock she had found. I've also seen a woman with a dog, and a man in white, but they haven't come to talk to me."

Grand Archive

CN female Bleachling gnome (Umbral gnome) Rogue 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 | F +4 | R +8 | W +6 |Per +6 | Stlth + 6 | Spd 25 | Focus -- | Active Conditions: None

"The woman in gold," Lissi pipes up. "The innkeep said she went northeast into the woods a couple days ago. We could try to follow her and find her. And the man in white went east." She turns to the tanner. "Do you know of any points of interest to the east or northeast? Something either one may have been going to?"


The Midnight Mirror

"Not really."

Vigilant Seal

Human Sorcerer 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 15| F +5; R +5; W +5 | Speed 25 ft | Morningstar +3 (1d6 P) | Perc +3

Vengis isn't sure where this is going, but asks about something he had seen previously.

"There's an abandoned farm I saw on the east of town. Who used to live there?" he asks.


The Midnight Mirror

The tanner thinks for a moment before saying, "I don't actually know. I don't recall ever doing any work for them."

The tanner doesn't know because I don't know ... I wasn't given a name, it's just "abandoned farm". :-)

Grand Archive

Male CG Male Human Wizard 1 | HP 15/15 | AC: 15 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25 feet | Focus 1/1 | | Class DC 17 | Active Conditions: None | Active Spells: Mage Armor
Skills:
Acrobatics +4, Arcana +7, Athletics +3, Crafting +7, Herbalism Lore +7, Medicine +6, Nature +6, Occultism +7, Religion +6, Society +7, Survival +6, Thievery +4, Underworld Lore +7

"About the strange rock the 'Hunter' was asking about, were you able to identify it for her? Was it something that might have been unearthed from around the area?

Envoy's Alliance

NG male dwarf (Forge Dwarf) Fighter 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 17 (19 w/ shield) | F +8 | R +6 | W +5 |Per +7 | Stlth +1 | Spd 20 | Active Conditions: None

"Ever heard rumours of, well, little people in the area? And I don't mean Dwarves, but truly little people?"


The Midnight Mirror
Bhadrim Thunderhammer wrote:
"Ever heard rumours of, well, little people in the area? And I don't mean Dwarves, but truly little people?"

"I can't say that I have."

Ezekiel Graystone wrote:
"About the strange rock the 'Hunter' was asking about, were you able to identify it for her? Was it something that might have been unearthed from around the area?

The tanner reaches into a cabinet and pulls out a small chunk of metal. "This is a piece of it. I think she found it somewhere near here, she was asking several people about it. "

GM Screen:

Lissi: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Ezekiel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Ezekiel:
You recognize the rock as magnetite, a highly magnetic form of iron ore.

Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 4 | AC 20 (21 Shield Raised) | HP (9)35/35| F +7 R +8 W +8 | Init +6 Perception, +7 Stealth, +9 Deception|

Interested by the rock, Kamil casts detect magic on it.

Grand Archive

Male CG Male Human Wizard 1 | HP 15/15 | AC: 15 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25 feet | Focus 1/1 | | Class DC 17 | Active Conditions: None | Active Spells: Mage Armor
Skills:
Acrobatics +4, Arcana +7, Athletics +3, Crafting +7, Herbalism Lore +7, Medicine +6, Nature +6, Occultism +7, Religion +6, Society +7, Survival +6, Thievery +4, Underworld Lore +7

"Interesting, thank you for letting us take a look at that. It appears to be Magnetite, a variance of iron ore that is also highly magnetic. I'm not sure how all that figures into this mythical situation you have going on now, but it's an interesting additional piece of information."

Turning to the group, Ezekiel finishes writing up the new information in his notebook.

"I don't see a reason to bother this tradesman any further. Shall we continue to Ms. Riza's home?"

Everyone good to move on, or do we have any other questions for the Tanner?

Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 4 | AC 20 (21 Shield Raised) | HP (9)35/35| F +7 R +8 W +8 | Init +6 Perception, +7 Stealth, +9 Deception|

May be we can use it as a compass ?

Proposes Kamil

Grand Archive

Male CG Male Human Wizard 1 | HP 15/15 | AC: 15 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25 feet | Focus 1/1 | | Class DC 17 | Active Conditions: None | Active Spells: Mage Armor
Skills:
Acrobatics +4, Arcana +7, Athletics +3, Crafting +7, Herbalism Lore +7, Medicine +6, Nature +6, Occultism +7, Religion +6, Society +7, Survival +6, Thievery +4, Underworld Lore +7

"Of course, any magnetic...wait, more importantly, we could use it to find the source of the rest of the metal."

Digging through his supplies Ezekiel looks for a small bowl and his waterskin.

"The magnetite will point to magnetic north, as all compasses do. The only thing that could stop this would be another, larger, magnetic force emanating within range. If the 'hunter' was looking for the source of this magnetite, and if there's some kind of cave or lost wagon full of crates of this stuff, we might be able to use this small portion to find the larger amount...

Not sure how this all works rules wise as I'm going off pure science rather than actual in game rules.

Envoy's Alliance

NG male dwarf (Forge Dwarf) Fighter 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 17 (19 w/ shield) | F +8 | R +6 | W +5 |Per +7 | Stlth +1 | Spd 20 | Active Conditions: None

Bhadrim does have Mining Lore +3.


The Midnight Mirror

This piece is bigger than Ezekiel seems to think ... think about the size of a child's closed fist - it's a small hunk of ore.

Grand Archive

Male CG Male Human Wizard 1 | HP 15/15 | AC: 15 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25 feet | Focus 1/1 | | Class DC 17 | Active Conditions: None | Active Spells: Mage Armor
Skills:
Acrobatics +4, Arcana +7, Athletics +3, Crafting +7, Herbalism Lore +7, Medicine +6, Nature +6, Occultism +7, Religion +6, Society +7, Survival +6, Thievery +4, Underworld Lore +7

Alright, just need a larger bowl then ;)

Horizon Hunters

Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Fighter 3 HP 41/41 AC 2019 F18 R 18 W15 Perc +7 25 feet Cl DC 18 Sp DC 18

Dob suggests slicing off a sliver of the stone and using that, as well as testing the theory with the remainder, moving it further and further away in different directions until we're sure of the distance this size rock affects the sliver.

Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 4 | AC 20 (21 Shield Raised) | HP (9)35/35| F +7 R +8 W +8 | Init +6 Perception, +7 Stealth, +9 Deception|

@GM is it magical?

We could ask the blacksmith about it? proposes Kamil.


The Midnight Mirror

Sorry, Kamil - No, it is not magical.

Grand Archive

CN female Bleachling gnome (Umbral gnome) Rogue 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 | F +4 | R +8 | W +6 |Per +6 | Stlth + 6 | Spd 25 | Focus -- | Active Conditions: None

Lissi frowns as she considers Dob's suggestion. "Wouldn't it just point to this hunk of rock right here?" she asks, pointing at the piece in the tanner's possession. "Ezekiel said it points to the closest bigger piece, right? If you made a little piece, that would be the closest bigger piece. At the very least, I don't think it's gonna help us find this Hunter person." She shrugs. "I agree we should go talk to Ms. Riza."

151 to 200 of 425 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rinaldo's The Mosquito Witch (#1-02) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.