[PFS2] GM Rinaldo's The Mosquito Witch (#1-02) (Inactive)

Game Master The Great Rinaldo!

Maps and Pictures


251 to 300 of 425 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

The Midnight Mirror
Dob Frilko wrote:
"And so, where does your research point to, dear woman?" Dob asks, daring to let a hint of hope into his voice.

"My research hasn't told me where to find her, just what the truth is about her nature."

Vigilant Seal

Human Sorcerer 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 15| F +5; R +5; W +5 | Speed 25 ft | Morningstar +3 (1d6 P) | Perc +3

Increasingly curious, Vengis interjects. "By all means--please fill us in about her true nature."

Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 4 | AC 20 (21 Shield Raised) | HP (9)35/35| F +7 R +8 W +8 | Init +6 Perception, +7 Stealth, +9 Deception|

Suddenly interested by the woman’s words Kamil weight Vengis’ words
Yes, please, can you tell us more about her nature?


The Midnight Mirror

She blinks. "That's what I just did, were you not listening?" She repeats what she said before, but a little slower as if talking to children. "The real witch doesn’t drink blood; she drinks tears. Her victims lose the ability to cry, and then the ability to feel, and they waste away and get colder and meaner as they get thinner and thinner. That’s what happened to Ms. Mordha Lyons."

She glances at Lissi, and this time the look her her eyes isn't pity for the bleachling's condition, but sympathy but for having to work with non-gnome companions.

She clearly believes she has imparted great wisdom to you.

Grand Archive

CN female Bleachling gnome (Umbral gnome) Rogue 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 | F +4 | R +8 | W +6 |Per +6 | Stlth + 6 | Spd 25 | Focus -- | Active Conditions: None

Have we come across anyone who was freakishly thin? I don't remember.

Grand Archive

Male CG Male Human Wizard 1 | HP 15/15 | AC: 15 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25 feet | Focus 1/1 | | Class DC 17 | Active Conditions: None | Active Spells: Mage Armor
Skills:
Acrobatics +4, Arcana +7, Athletics +3, Crafting +7, Herbalism Lore +7, Medicine +6, Nature +6, Occultism +7, Religion +6, Society +7, Survival +6, Thievery +4, Underworld Lore +7

"Well we are most sorry to bother you and we appreciate your insight into the situation. We'll make to sure guard our tears as best we can should we encounter this strange creature."

Turning to his comrades Ezekiel gives a subtle signal to leave quickly, escorting the group to the Shrine and the abandoned farm.

I don't think we've encountered anyone freakishly thin.


The Midnight Mirror

You take your leave and head toward the edge of town. You pass the shrine to Hanspur, the god of river travel. A deep bowl of water holds a few coins, a layer of dead mosquitos, and a straw Mosquito Witch doll floating on top.

You pass on to the farm. The crops are wilted and rotting. Looking around, you find a calf lying on the ground breathing very shallowly. It is covered with mosquitos.

Vigilant Seal

Human Sorcerer 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 15| F +5; R +5; W +5 | Speed 25 ft | Morningstar +3 (1d6 P) | Perc +3

Vengis turns up his nose at the decrepit farm and the calf.

"Someone should put the thing out of its misery," he suggests, clearly not wanting to do it himself.

He examines the farmhouse, looking for anything out of place.

Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 4 | AC 20 (21 Shield Raised) | HP (9)35/35| F +7 R +8 W +8 | Init +6 Perception, +7 Stealth, +9 Deception|

I can burn all of them in one sweap says Kamil
is that what you all want? he asks

Grand Archive

Male CG Male Human Wizard 1 | HP 15/15 | AC: 15 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25 feet | Focus 1/1 | | Class DC 17 | Active Conditions: None | Active Spells: Mage Armor
Skills:
Acrobatics +4, Arcana +7, Athletics +3, Crafting +7, Herbalism Lore +7, Medicine +6, Nature +6, Occultism +7, Religion +6, Society +7, Survival +6, Thievery +4, Underworld Lore +7

"Let us not be hasty in such decisions. Examining the creature to determine if it's beyond normal assistance and whether the wounds are unnatural is prudent at this time. Burning the mosquitoes and the calf ruins any potential for insight."

Medicine +6 check on the Calf to see if there's anything abnormally wrong with it and to see if it can be helped. Alternatively I have Herbalism Lore +7 or Nature +6 if those would be of more help.


The Midnight Mirror

GM Screen:
Med: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23Nat: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Ezekiel looks at the calf and realizes that it has had much of its blood drained and is weak from that. It could be saved if it were taken somewhere the mosquitoes couldn't get to it, and kept warm and hydrated while it recovered.

Horizon Hunters

Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Fighter 3 HP 41/41 AC 2019 F18 R 18 W15 Perc +7 25 feet Cl DC 18 Sp DC 18

"If we can save the calf, we should. If no one has claim to it, perhaps the Bells could use it on their farm- an animal like this could help turn their fortunes around." Dob suggests.

Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 4 | AC 20 (21 Shield Raised) | HP (9)35/35| F +7 R +8 W +8 | Init +6 Perception, +7 Stealth, +9 Deception|

Someone have an idea how to get rid of these mosquitos?

Asks Kamil who tries to think for a method.
I remember when I was in the Mwangi Expanse that we used smoke parfumée with lemongrass to get rid of them. Don’t think we have lemongrass here but smoke could be useful, right?

Survival could work GM?

Grand Archive

Male CG Male Human Wizard 1 | HP 15/15 | AC: 15 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25 feet | Focus 1/1 | | Class DC 17 | Active Conditions: None | Active Spells: Mage Armor
Skills:
Acrobatics +4, Arcana +7, Athletics +3, Crafting +7, Herbalism Lore +7, Medicine +6, Nature +6, Occultism +7, Religion +6, Society +7, Survival +6, Thievery +4, Underworld Lore +7

Can anyone help out on the Nature check? I don't think I did very well and there could be more context we're missing here as a result. I think the Medicine check was just to get the poor beast back on their feet.


The Midnight Mirror

The mosquitoes right now are the normal kind, and simply swatting or smoking them away would remove them temporarily. The larger blood seekers (stirges) might come after it if it isn't protected, but there aren't any right now.

Ezekiel's Medicine check before was sufficient for you to know what to do, and it will take about ten minutes once you have the mosquito cloud dispersed. Then you just have to find shelter for it so it can recover from the blood loss.

Grand Archive

CN female Bleachling gnome (Umbral gnome) Rogue 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 | F +4 | R +8 | W +6 |Per +6 | Stlth + 6 | Spd 25 | Focus -- | Active Conditions: None

Lissi nods. "I agree we should take it to the farm. If nothing else, they can probably keep it safe from more mosquitoes while it recovers." She looks around. "Any idea how to disperse the ones already here?"

Vigilant Seal

Human Sorcerer 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 15| F +5; R +5; W +5 | Speed 25 ft | Morningstar +3 (1d6 P) | Perc +3

Vengis shrugs. "I guess no veil this evening. Whatever we do, be quick about it."


The cat licks its lips at the thought of food.


The Midnight Mirror

So, what (if anything) are you going to do here? If you aren't doing anything with the calf, what is your next plan?

Grand Archive

CN female Bleachling gnome (Umbral gnome) Rogue 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 | F +4 | R +8 | W +6 |Per +6 | Stlth + 6 | Spd 25 | Focus -- | Active Conditions: None

With no smoke to use, Lissi simply starts swatting away the mosquitoes around the calf. She lets someone else carry the poor beast, and starts moving toward the farmhouse once someone picks it up.

Horizon Hunters

Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Fighter 3 HP 41/41 AC 2019 F18 R 18 W15 Perc +7 25 feet Cl DC 18 Sp DC 18

Dob takes a torch from his backpack and lights it with Flint and steel. Once it is burning well, he snubs it out, making a smokey stick. He uses this to smoke away the mosquitos. He will help and or carry the calf on his own to the Bells'.

Grand Archive

Male CG Male Human Wizard 1 | HP 15/15 | AC: 15 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25 feet | Focus 1/1 | | Class DC 17 | Active Conditions: None | Active Spells: Mage Armor
Skills:
Acrobatics +4, Arcana +7, Athletics +3, Crafting +7, Herbalism Lore +7, Medicine +6, Nature +6, Occultism +7, Religion +6, Society +7, Survival +6, Thievery +4, Underworld Lore +7

I mean, is it crazy to just have the cow follow us around?


The Midnight Mirror
Ezekiel Graystone wrote:
I mean, is it crazy to just have the cow follow us around?

It isn't strong enough to walk currently.

Grand Archive

Male CG Male Human Wizard 1 | HP 15/15 | AC: 15 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25 feet | Focus 1/1 | | Class DC 17 | Active Conditions: None | Active Spells: Mage Armor
Skills:
Acrobatics +4, Arcana +7, Athletics +3, Crafting +7, Herbalism Lore +7, Medicine +6, Nature +6, Occultism +7, Religion +6, Society +7, Survival +6, Thievery +4, Underworld Lore +7

Alright folks, options for the cow. Do we care that much to try and come up with options to protect it?

Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 4 | AC 20 (21 Shield Raised) | HP (9)35/35| F +7 R +8 W +8 | Init +6 Perception, +7 Stealth, +9 Deception|

Lets take it to the abandoned house. We will see there what to do.

Once the mosquitos cleared out, Kamil moves next to the calf and starts taking it on his shoulders.


The Midnight Mirror

The door to the abandoned house is stuck, but with some work you are able to push it open. A quick check shows that it is unoccupied but not well sealed. About an hour of effort would be required to make it clear enough to let the calf recover without further mosquito attacks.

Grand Archive

Male CG Male Human Wizard 1 | HP 15/15 | AC: 15 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25 feet | Focus 1/1 | | Class DC 17 | Active Conditions: None | Active Spells: Mage Armor
Skills:
Acrobatics +4, Arcana +7, Athletics +3, Crafting +7, Herbalism Lore +7, Medicine +6, Nature +6, Occultism +7, Religion +6, Society +7, Survival +6, Thievery +4, Underworld Lore +7

I'm okay with burning an hour to seal up the house to protect the cow. Everyone else okay with that?

Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 4 | AC 20 (21 Shield Raised) | HP (9)35/35| F +7 R +8 W +8 | Init +6 Perception, +7 Stealth, +9 Deception|

I’m ok

Grand Archive

CN female Bleachling gnome (Umbral gnome) Rogue 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 | F +4 | R +8 | W +6 |Per +6 | Stlth + 6 | Spd 25 | Focus -- | Active Conditions: None

Let's do it! Save the milk friend!


The Midnight Mirror

You spread out around the house, stuffing rags and mud into the cracks and around the windows, and sealing off the chimney. You then use Dob's torch to smoke out the worse of the bugs, leaving a relatively safe place for the calf to recover. Ezekiel tends to it; once you've done everything you can, you close the door and leave it on its own.

Now where to?

Vigilant Seal

Human Sorcerer 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 15| F +5; R +5; W +5 | Speed 25 ft | Morningstar +3 (1d6 P) | Perc +3

Vengis sighs. "Well, the calf can now fix itself a nice breakfast and take a nap here," he says sarcastically.

He and the cat examine the house thoroughly though, just to make sure there aren't missing clues here.

Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 4 | AC 20 (21 Shield Raised) | HP (9)35/35| F +7 R +8 W +8 | Init +6 Perception, +7 Stealth, +9 Deception|

Kamil helps Vengis exploring the house.

Envoy's Alliance

NG male dwarf (Forge Dwarf) Fighter 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 17 (19 w/ shield) | F +8 | R +6 | W +5 |Per +7 | Stlth +1 | Spd 20 | Active Conditions: None

Bhadrim assists in searching the house.

Grand Archive

CN female Bleachling gnome (Umbral gnome) Rogue 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 | F +4 | R +8 | W +6 |Per +6 | Stlth + 6 | Spd 25 | Focus -- | Active Conditions: None

Lissi also looks around the place, though she doubts they'll find anything of use. Once she's confident they've scoured the abandoned farmhouse, she steps outside and looks around for any unusual footprints (Survival +4, so she'll use Assurance to get a 13).

With that done, she waits for the others to be ready to continue onward.


The Midnight Mirror

Sadly, exploration of the house reveals nothing.

Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 4 | AC 20 (21 Shield Raised) | HP (9)35/35| F +7 R +8 W +8 | Init +6 Perception, +7 Stealth, +9 Deception|

Kamil takes out his newly acquired compass and says Lets find what lies beyond.

I suggest that we follow the path showed by the compass

Grand Archive

Male CG Male Human Wizard 1 | HP 15/15 | AC: 15 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25 feet | Focus 1/1 | | Class DC 17 | Active Conditions: None | Active Spells: Mage Armor
Skills:
Acrobatics +4, Arcana +7, Athletics +3, Crafting +7, Herbalism Lore +7, Medicine +6, Nature +6, Occultism +7, Religion +6, Society +7, Survival +6, Thievery +4, Underworld Lore +7

"Agreed. Armed with the information we learned, I believe additional investigation of the forest is warranted."

Ezekiel follows behind Kamil, his notebook out as he's correlating data.

Horizon Hunters

Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Fighter 3 HP 41/41 AC 2019 F18 R 18 W15 Perc +7 25 feet Cl DC 18 Sp DC 18

"Yes." Dob agrees simply.


The Midnight Mirror

Kamil looks at his compass, which appears to be correctly pointing north. Whatever was affecting the woman's compass before must not be strong enough to reach here into town.

You start to move out toward the woods, hoping to pick up whatever magnetic interference is out there. Not far out of town, still on a well-traveled path, you near a noise ahead.

Turning a bend, you see a carriage pulled by six horses, tearing down the road at a decidedly unsafe speed. Most of the horses have bloodseekers either attached or flying alongside them. Shouts and screams indicate several passengers in the carriage.

This encounter is an event rather than a combat. Each of you can attempt one activity to assist. Suggested activities include:
* Leap onto the carriage and try to help passengers off to safety (Acrobatics or Athletics)
* Calm the horses (Nature)
* Create a barrier to force the horses to slow down (Athletics or Crafting)

Everyone can select one of these activities and roll the relevant check. You can also suggest other activities and skills to perform them; if I agree it would work, you can make that check.

Grand Archive

CN female Bleachling gnome (Umbral gnome) Rogue 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 | F +4 | R +8 | W +6 |Per +6 | Stlth + 6 | Spd 25 | Focus -- | Active Conditions: None

Lissi leaps at the carriage and tumbles across the bouncing roof, reaching out a hand to grab the lip of the carriage door to stop herself. "Hell, we are here to help." She tries for nonchalance to keep from terrifying the passengers further, but mostly just sounds deadpan and creepy.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

OOF. Not great.

Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 4 | AC 20 (21 Shield Raised) | HP (9)35/35| F +7 R +8 W +8 | Init +6 Perception, +7 Stealth, +9 Deception|

Kamil stays in the middle of the road, facing danger and with a strong voice with his arms raised high says

STOP!

Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 Kamil is expert in Intimidation and has Intimidate Glare and Group Coercion as feats.

Grand Archive

Male CG Male Human Wizard 1 | HP 15/15 | AC: 15 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25 feet | Focus 1/1 | | Class DC 17 | Active Conditions: None | Active Spells: Mage Armor
Skills:
Acrobatics +4, Arcana +7, Athletics +3, Crafting +7, Herbalism Lore +7, Medicine +6, Nature +6, Occultism +7, Religion +6, Society +7, Survival +6, Thievery +4, Underworld Lore +7

Seeing the baying and panicked horses, Ezekiel ran up and put into practice everything he learned during equestrian demonstrations at the Arcanamirium.

Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Unfortunately the Wizard could exactly which part of the horse the head was at and ended up trying to calm down the animals rump...

Vigilant Seal

Human Sorcerer 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 15| F +5; R +5; W +5 | Speed 25 ft | Morningstar +3 (1d6 P) | Perc +3

Vengis quickly throws a branch into the path of the horses, hoping to make that way seem less safe than stopping.

deception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Horizon Hunters

Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Fighter 3 HP 41/41 AC 2019 F18 R 18 W15 Perc +7 25 feet Cl DC 18 Sp DC 18

Dob slides in behind the horses and tugs on their reins or harnesses to slow them down.

Athletics 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


The Midnight Mirror
Kamil Durus wrote:

Kamil stays in the middle of the road, facing danger and with a strong voice with his arms raised high says

STOP!

[dice=Intimidate]1d20+10 Kamil is expert in Intimidation and has Intimidate Glare and Group Coercion as feats.

There are six horses, so I'm afraid that is not going to be sufficient, as even with Group Coercion you can only get two targets.

Vengis Mountebank wrote:

Vengis quickly throws a branch into the path of the horses, hoping to make that way seem less safe than stopping.

[dice=deception]1d20+7

For the same reason, I don't think Deception will be enough here. The horses are panicked and not paying much attention to anything.

Kamil and Vengis can select other activities, and I need a selection from Bhadrim still.

Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 4 | AC 20 (21 Shield Raised) | HP (9)35/35| F +7 R +8 W +8 | Init +6 Perception, +7 Stealth, +9 Deception|

Group Coercion gives me 4 targets as I’m expert in Intimidation. But I will still try it


The Midnight Mirror
Kamil Durus wrote:
Group Coercion gives me 4 targets as I’m expert in Intimidation. But I will still try it

Sorry if I wasn't clear ... I'm telling you it won't work, pick something else.

Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 4 | AC 20 (21 Shield Raised) | HP (9)35/35| F +7 R +8 W +8 | Init +6 Perception, +7 Stealth, +9 Deception|

I know and my action is wasted. I understand it.

Vigilant Seal

Human Sorcerer 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 15| F +5; R +5; W +5 | Speed 25 ft | Morningstar +3 (1d6 P) | Perc +3

I was also trying to pick something that was not jump up on the carriage to save them, which is very against the character of Vengis (he's no hero). Instead of throwing a branch with deception, I'll do it to make a barrier with athletics.

athletics: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 4 | AC 20 (21 Shield Raised) | HP (9)35/35| F +7 R +8 W +8 | Init +6 Perception, +7 Stealth, +9 Deception|

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

251 to 300 of 425 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rinaldo's The Mosquito Witch (#1-02) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.