[Campaign Mode]VampByDay's Against the Aeon Throne game

Game Master VampByDay

Just a short, average cargo run to a new colony . . . Yeah, right.
Slides


501 to 550 of 732 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Opening the door to M6:

This tidy kitchen contains a sink connected to a large vat of water, an electric stove, and several shelves of prepackaged foodstuffs. The only exits are a door in the east wall and awserving window next to it.

The foodstuffs appear to be little better than MREs (You can grab, like 14 of them for a set of one week's rations . . . there are plenty)

Perception DC 13:
You notice a weird rune on the sing, and the exact same weird rune on the stove, both inscribed in a circle


Male Human Soldier (Ambusher) Level 2 SP 0/14 HP 17/18 RP 3/4 EAC 15 KAC 15 PER +5 INIT +7 FORT +3 REF +3 WILL +3 Laser Rifle Ammo 17/20

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

"Anyone know what those strange markings are on the sink and stove?"

Pratt helps himself to some food, replacing any he has eaten in his backpack.


Mysticism 18:
Touching the rune looks like it will summon a variant unseen servant to cook and clean for you for an hour


NG Sapling Ghoran Wild Warden Biohacker 3 l EAC 12, KAC13 l Stamina 2/18, Health 18/22, Resolve 4/4 l F +3, R +2, W +4 Ini + 5l Spd30 l Perc + 9

mysticism: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

"No idea sorry," said Xaun.


Male Vlaka Envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +6; Will +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Blind, Blindsight (Scent/Sound) 60ft

Rook turns towards Pratt and simply waves a hand in front of his own face.


Male Human Soldier (Ambusher) Level 2 SP 0/14 HP 17/18 RP 3/4 EAC 15 KAC 15 PER +5 INIT +7 FORT +3 REF +3 WILL +3 Laser Rifle Ammo 17/20

Pratt rolls his eyes (which he knows Rook probably wouldn't see either).

"Everyone grab some of these rations. We may need them, or perhaps we can share them with the colonists."


Male Vlaka Envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +6; Will +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Blind, Blindsight (Scent/Sound) 60ft

"I can smell you being snarky," Rook said, as he collected a few rations for himself.


SRO Mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 8/20 | RP 3/5 | EAC 12; KAC 14 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | loot
Drone:
| HP 30/30 | EAC 13; KAC 16 | DR 1 / - | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +1 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft |

287 stands completely still with a pistol aimed at every door. His appearance as a mechanical statue of sorts.


Male Human Soldier (Ambusher) Level 2 SP 0/14 HP 17/18 RP 3/4 EAC 15 KAC 15 PER +5 INIT +7 FORT +3 REF +3 WILL +3 Laser Rifle Ammo 17/20

Pratt ventures over to the door at M8.

He searches for any markings on the door, along with an opening mechanism.


There is a simple door-opening mechanism (such as a door handle) The door reads 'Control Center' and doesn't seem to be trapped. As Pratt gets near, some circutry in his armor lights up and the door light turns from yellow to green.


Male Human Soldier (Ambusher) Level 2 SP 0/14 HP 17/18 RP 3/4 EAC 15 KAC 15 PER +5 INIT +7 FORT +3 REF +3 WILL +3 Laser Rifle Ammo 17/20

Pratt looks to his teammates.

"You guys ready? It looks like we might be entering the inner sanctum of this place."


SRO Mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 8/20 | RP 3/5 | EAC 12; KAC 14 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | loot
Drone:
| HP 30/30 | EAC 13; KAC 16 | DR 1 / - | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +1 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft |

"This unit is prepared."


NG Sapling Ghoran Wild Warden Biohacker 3 l EAC 12, KAC13 l Stamina 2/18, Health 18/22, Resolve 4/4 l F +3, R +2, W +4 Ini + 5l Spd30 l Perc + 9

"I'm ready," said Xaun. Their voice was steady but the petals on their face fluttered anxiously.


Male Human Soldier (Ambusher) Level 2 SP 0/14 HP 17/18 RP 3/4 EAC 15 KAC 15 PER +5 INIT +7 FORT +3 REF +3 WILL +3 Laser Rifle Ammo 17/20

Pratt gives Xawn, 287, and Rook a nod. He readies his laser rifle, and opens the door.


As Pratt hits the door panel to open it:

This circular chamber is dim, with only a few spotlights illuminating the computer equipment that rings this room on wide, sweeping panels of metal and plastic. The illuminated screens of the computer systems include a station that is clearly designed for weapons control. Delicate racks hanging from the ceiling contain communications equipment. A projector in the center of the room, hanging from the ceiling, displays a holographic image of Nakondis. The door in the western wall is labeled with green letters, as is the door in the eastern wall.

Two guards, one in heavier armor one in lighter armor, seem to be reading something off of Azlanti datapads. They both look up startled, then shout "Wha? Intruders! That must be them, get 'em!"

The other shouts "Whoa, look at that, they taught some sort of hairy beast to stand upright and wear armor!"

Initiative Red: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Initiative Green: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Initiative Pratt: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Initiative Xawn: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Initiative Reconstructor: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Initiative Red: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Round 1
[b--]Bold may act--
Xawn
Reconstructor[/b]
Red
Green
Pratt
Red


SRO Mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 8/20 | RP 3/5 | EAC 12; KAC 14 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | loot
Drone:
| HP 30/30 | EAC 13; KAC 16 | DR 1 / - | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +1 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft |

287's two arms that were aimed at the other two doors converge on the third and it fires a volley from its weapons into the newly open doorway. @green

Pulsecaster: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 4 = 10
NL E: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Pulsecaster: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 4 = 3
NL E: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Pistol: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
P: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Round 1
—Bold may act--
[b]Xawn

Reconstructor
Rook
Green -3HP
Pratt
Red


Male Vlaka Envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +6; Will +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Blind, Blindsight (Scent/Sound) 60ft

Combat Expertise (Red): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6

"How rude! Pratt isn't hairy at all!" Rook said indignantly and opened fire on the lighter armored of the two.


NG Sapling Ghoran Wild Warden Biohacker 3 l EAC 12, KAC13 l Stamina 2/18, Health 18/22, Resolve 4/4 l F +3, R +2, W +4 Ini + 5l Spd30 l Perc + 9

Xaun moves into position just beg=hind 287.


Rook's attack misses.

Green pulls out a rifle and moves up, taking up a shooting stance before firing at Rook
Attack Rook: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
damage if hit: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Round 1
—Bold may act--
Xawn
Reconstructor
Rook
Green -3HP
Pratt
Red


Male Human Soldier (Ambusher) Level 2 SP 0/14 HP 17/18 RP 3/4 EAC 15 KAC 15 PER +5 INIT +7 FORT +3 REF +3 WILL +3 Laser Rifle Ammo 17/20

Pratt opens fire on the first Azlanti green.

to hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
fire damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8


Red pulls out his TacLash as he steps forward and attacks Pratt
Attack at range: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Nonlethal damage if hit: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Round 1
—Bold may act--
Xawn
Reconstructor
Rook

Green -12HP
Pratt
Red


Male Vlaka Envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +6; Will +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Blind, Blindsight (Scent/Sound) 60ft

Drawing Cane Sword and stepping forward to attack

Combat Expertise: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Damage: 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + (1) = 4

Sensing one of the troopers trying to stymie Pratt's sharpshooting, Rook draws the thin blade from within his cane and moves to intercept.


SRO Mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 8/20 | RP 3/5 | EAC 12; KAC 14 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | loot
Drone:
| HP 30/30 | EAC 13; KAC 16 | DR 1 / - | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +1 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft |

287 once more fires a flurry of shots.@green

Pulsecaster: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 4 = 13
NL E: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Pulsecaster: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 - 4 = 7
NL E: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Pistol: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
P: 1d6 ⇒ 4


NG Sapling Ghoran Wild Warden Biohacker 3 l EAC 12, KAC13 l Stamina 2/18, Health 18/22, Resolve 4/4 l F +3, R +2, W +4 Ini + 5l Spd30 l Perc + 9

Xaun fires at green
attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
damage: 1d4d6 ⇒ 2


NG Sapling Ghoran Wild Warden Biohacker 3 l EAC 12, KAC13 l Stamina 2/18, Health 18/22, Resolve 4/4 l F +3, R +2, W +4 Ini + 5l Spd30 l Perc + 9

let me do damage again (I input it with a typo)
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2


The PC's combined attacks down Green.
At the start of the round, a small device pops out of the celing and
1d5 ⇒ 1
Shines a series of strobe lights in Pratt's face
Pratt takes a -2 to hit as if he had suffered harrying fire.

Round 3
—Bold may act--

Xawn
Reconstructor
Rook
Pratt
Red


Male Human Soldier (Ambusher) Level 2 SP 0/14 HP 17/18 RP 3/4 EAC 15 KAC 15 PER +5 INIT +7 FORT +3 REF +3 WILL +3 Laser Rifle Ammo 17/20

Doing his best to shake off the strobing effects, Pratt nonetheless aims his rifle toward the remaining Azlanti.

to hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7


Unfortunately, Pratt Misses. Red takes a step back and attacks Rook once with his taclash
attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
damage if hit: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Round 5
—Bold may act--
Xawn
Reconstructor
Rook
Pratt

Red


Male Human Soldier (Ambusher) Level 2 SP 0/14 HP 17/18 RP 3/4 EAC 15 KAC 15 PER +5 INIT +7 FORT +3 REF +3 WILL +3 Laser Rifle Ammo 17/20

Pratt shields his eyes, squints, and fires again.

to hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
fire damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4


Male Vlaka Envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +6; Will +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Blind, Blindsight (Scent/Sound) 60ft

Pressing the attack
Combat Expertise: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 1d4 ⇒ (2) + (1) = 3
They're now shaken


SRO Mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 8/20 | RP 3/5 | EAC 12; KAC 14 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | loot
Drone:
| HP 30/30 | EAC 13; KAC 16 | DR 1 / - | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +1 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft |

287 once more fires a flurry of shots.@red

Pulsecaster: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 - 4 = 6
NL E: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Pulsecaster: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 - 4 = 6
NL E: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Pistol: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
P: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Pratt, Rook, and Reconstructor's Drone all hit!

Round 5
—Bold may act--
Xawn

Reconstructor
Rook
Pratt
Red -11HP


NG Sapling Ghoran Wild Warden Biohacker 3 l EAC 12, KAC13 l Stamina 2/18, Health 18/22, Resolve 4/4 l F +3, R +2, W +4 Ini + 5l Spd30 l Perc + 9

Xaun fires at red
attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3


random: 1d5 ⇒ 1
The device in the ceiling shoots at Pratt again, giving him a -2 to hit.
Meanwhile Red lashes out with his Taclash twice at Rook[/dice]
Attack 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
damage if hit: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Attack 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
damage if hit: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Round 6
—Bold may act--
Xawn
Reconstructor
Rook
Pratt

Red -17HP


Male Vlaka Envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +6; Will +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Blind, Blindsight (Scent/Sound) 60ft

Ow, even with Shaken from my last attack, that's two hits taking all my stamina and 6 into my HP
Get'em
Combat Expertise: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Damage: 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (6) = 7


With that last attack, the Azlanti in heavy armor goes down. The thing in the roof keeps flashing random people in the eyes until someone turns it off (it's an easy computers check, you don't have to roll it.)

Gear you find:
roop ceremonial plate, standard taclash, survival
knife, Revolver (Tactical pistol, capacity six range 40) with 6 small arm rounds

Training Sniper Rifle (Coil Rifle, Precision), Syringe Stick (Standard), Azlanti Specialist Armor (Zeizerer Diffractor I)

Now with some time to stop and look around, you can get a good look at this area:

This circular chamber is dim, with only a few spotlights illuminating the computer equipment that rings this room on wide, sweeping panels of metal and plastic. The illuminated screens of the computer systems include a station that is clearly designed for weapons control. Delicate racks hanging from the ceiling contain communications equipment. A projector in the center of the room, hanging from the ceiling, displays a holographic image of Nakondis. The door in the western wall is labeled with green letters, as is the door in the eastern wall.


NG Sapling Ghoran Wild Warden Biohacker 3 l EAC 12, KAC13 l Stamina 2/18, Health 18/22, Resolve 4/4 l F +3, R +2, W +4 Ini + 5l Spd30 l Perc + 9

"Reconstructor 287, is there anything you can do about that flashing nuisance?" asked Xaun.

Looking around they remarked "This looks like some sort of command centre! Clearly this is where they planned their conquest of Nakondis,"


SRO Mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 8/20 | RP 3/5 | EAC 12; KAC 14 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | loot
Drone:
| HP 30/30 | EAC 13; KAC 16 | DR 1 / - | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +1 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft |

"Affirmative," 287 responds as it advances forward and plugs a cable in to the computer equipment. What can I do with these computers?


Computers check DC12:
You can turn off the annoying ceiling mounted 'intruder disruptor' device.

Computers check DC 15:
You can turn all the doors in the facility to 'unlocked' instead of needing a set of Azlanti Armor to open them. (It seems that the requirements used to be 'an Azlanti wearing azlanti armor' but it looks like a recent computer bug has cropped up in the system, and no one has fixed it yet, likely due to the personnel shortage.

Computers check DC 20:
You can shut down the signal jammer preventing non-Azlanti signals from being communicated around here


SRO Mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 8/20 | RP 3/5 | EAC 12; KAC 14 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | loot
Drone:
| HP 30/30 | EAC 13; KAC 16 | DR 1 / - | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +1 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft |

Computers: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

The ceiling mounted device stops flashing people as 287's head turns unnaturally far toward Rook. "Captain, I am able to unlock all of the doors in this place? At the moment it requires an Azlanti wearing their armor."


Male Vlaka Envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +6; Will +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Blind, Blindsight (Scent/Sound) 60ft

Going to need a 10 min rest to get my stamina back

"Can you actually do a full lockdown for the moment? I need a breather."


SRO Mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 8/20 | RP 3/5 | EAC 12; KAC 14 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | loot
Drone:
| HP 30/30 | EAC 13; KAC 16 | DR 1 / - | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +1 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft |

"It is possible, Captain."


Male Human Soldier (Ambusher) Level 2 SP 0/14 HP 17/18 RP 3/4 EAC 15 KAC 15 PER +5 INIT +7 FORT +3 REF +3 WILL +3 Laser Rifle Ammo 17/20

"Hold on. . . .I have Azlanti armor on. I haven't had any trouble with these doors. . . ."


What’s the next move?


NG Sapling Ghoran Wild Warden Biohacker 3 l EAC 12, KAC13 l Stamina 2/18, Health 18/22, Resolve 4/4 l F +3, R +2, W +4 Ini + 5l Spd30 l Perc + 9

"Should we not be facing more Azlanti?" said Xaun looking around quizically. "Where is everyone?"


Male Vlaka Envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +6; Will +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Blind, Blindsight (Scent/Sound) 60ft

10 min rest and then pressing on


SRO Mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 8/20 | RP 3/5 | EAC 12; KAC 14 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | loot
Drone:
| HP 30/30 | EAC 13; KAC 16 | DR 1 / - | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +1 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft |

Can I lock everything down from here?


Male Human Soldier (Ambusher) Level 2 SP 0/14 HP 17/18 RP 3/4 EAC 15 KAC 15 PER +5 INIT +7 FORT +3 REF +3 WILL +3 Laser Rifle Ammo 17/20

As soon as everyone is ready, Pratt will lead the way into the next room.


You are able to lockdown and rest no problem

501 to 550 of 732 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Campaign Mode]VampByDay's Against the Aeon Throne game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.