[PFS2] GM Rinaldo's Escaping the Grave (1-03)

Game Master The Great Rinaldo!

Maps and Handouts


1 to 50 of 272 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

Gameplay thread is open for dotting. Please delete your post to keep the thread clean.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

You have all received a summons from Venture-Captain Evni Zongnoss (see the slideshow). Please introduce yourselves as you arrive at the lodge. Once everyone is checked in, the V-C will come to brief you on your mission.

Radiant Oath

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 15/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

"Peace be upon you all! I'm Emdi, a Redeemer of Shelyn and a big fan of dance. I was born in Nidal and did a brief stint in the Nidalese army but, uh, ... yeah."

DC 10 Perception:
He was kicked out.

"This is my first mission with the Society. I guess I'm just willing to travel around a bit, meet some new people, and see if there's any place I can help."

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Goblin Cleric 1 | HP19 | AC15 | Frt4 - Ref5 - Wil7 | Perc5, Darkvision | Spe25 | Conditions: None
Spells:
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Shield, Guidance, Stabilize, Prestidigitation. Focus [1pt]: Weapon Surge 1st: Heal [•••] Magic Weapon [•] Spirit Link [•]

Muffled yelling can be heard through the door, (aymklz... ahpfTSMAN) getting progressively louder (”cOMe.... GLORY in DEATH to our ENEMIES”) before a ball of flesh, teeth and scales comes crashing through the door and landing flat on the ground, screaming his introduction from the floor. ”KLATZU HAS ARRIVED! WHERE IS THE ONE WHO SENT PAPER TO KLATZU? I HAVE COME TO HEED THE CALL TO GLORY AND PROVE THE STRENGTH OF KLATZU’S CRAFT IN DIRE COMBAT!”

The creature you can only assume is a goblin stands up from the floor with gasping breaths, dusting off the scrappy armor that clings loosely to his small frame. Lashed to his back are multiple slabs of iron easily the size of himself, most with longer handles with the one exception being a vaguely-sword-shaped slab of metal that appears as if it was torn and folded from a bloody section of Plate armor. A dented helm lies on the floor next to him, having presumably fallen off in the resulting crash due to its improper size.

“Ah... some... someone beat me here... NO MATTER! You, you seem like an.... ah... huff... able-bodied... combatant... KLAT-cough.... Klatzu, Master Blacksmith... No worries.... I’ll make... EXTRA-DOUBLE SURE... that YOU Don’t... don’t... die... phew...” Klatzu reaches a hand up while gasping for air, the other being used to lift his body from the floor. ”PUT ER THERE, COMRADE!!”

Radiant Oath

NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 15/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

Religion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

"Peace be upon you, even though, unless I am mistaken, that's not a usual greeting for you."

Emdi smiles.

"That is a fine looking sword! Did you make it yourself?"

Vigilant Seal

Male Human Monk 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +6 | Perc: +4, Stealth: +6 | Speed 30ft |Hero Points: 1/1 | Focus Pool: 1/1| Reactions: None | Conditions: None

A solidly built Rostlander steps in and around the goblin, carrying little gear beyond his clothes and a pack slung over his shoulder. Seeing the goblin's outstretched hand, the man reaches down and grasps it in a firm handshake.

Nodding to Emdi as well, the man speaks in a quiet voice, saying, "Bellamin. Pleased to meet you."

Grand Archive

HP: 15/15 / AC 18 (+2 Nimble Dodge) / F/R/W: +4/+9/+6 / Rapier +7 1d6+4 / Perception +6

Tresten skulks into the room. In contrast to his dress, he's trying not to be particularly noticed. "Ho there. I am Tresten Freeborn, and if it's not too much trouble I'd like to not do the brunt of the fighting as well as thinking this time." Given how slight he looks, and not particularly bright, it's a question as to how much he actually has in either department.

Vigilant Seal

Male, NG, Human | HP 19/19 AC: 17 | F: +8 R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +4 (T)
Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    Hiro Sakano walks in humbly. The man is taciturn, though his expression is soft. Not overly tall or muscled, the man's physique is obviously impressive.

    After making eye contact with everyone in the room he slams his right fist into his left palm before bowing at the waist, "Greetings. I am Hiro Sakano, son of Jiro. It is a pleasure to leave the dojo in order to put my skills to the test. It is an honor to do it with all of you."

    Will copy my character sheet over to paizo.com when I can throughout the day today.

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 15/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    Handshakes and bows all around!

    Who wants to do windmill high fives with me? (Shirtless volleyball optional.)

    Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

    Grand Archive

    HP: 15/15 / AC 18 (+2 Nimble Dodge) / F/R/W: +4/+9/+6 / Rapier +7 1d6+4 / Perception +6

    Tresten considers the varied group that is here, and finds it acceptable. There are voices of madness and voices of reason, and most importantly people who can get beat up instead of him. He feels he still might have to be the brains of the operation, but that's not as taxing as taking care of everything yourself. "Well enough, we are five, is there to be another? I don't like waiting, I could be doing more profitable things."

    Vigilant Seal

    Male Human Monk 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +6 | Perc: +4, Stealth: +6 | Speed 30ft |Hero Points: 1/1 | Focus Pool: 1/1| Reactions: None | Conditions: None

    Bellamin looks from Tresten, to the door, and back. "It appears to be so. Worry not, I do not expect we will be waiting much longer."


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    A harried gnome clad in a blue turban and matching robe decorated with golden crescent moons and butterflies scurries through the crowded Vodavani Lodge, delegating tasks to various Pathfinders. When she spots the newcomers, she issues a warm smile. “Ah, thank you for coming. Gather around over here, please.”

    Evni motions over to a nearby table upon which rests a parchment map stuck with miniature flag partly obscuring the label “Lastwall.” “Apologies for the out-of-date cartography, but it’s the best we can do at this time.

    “The re-emergence of Tar-Baphon dealt a devastating blow to the Society, so we’ve been scrambling to consolidate resources. The Society is focusing on missions into the Gravelands for two reasons: to track down the whereabouts of Pathfinder agents who went missing when the undead hordes struck, and to recover the fragments of history and culture that yet survive. I believe you all should have received a letter from me containing your assigned destination.”

    She nods to acknowledge each of you as you show your letters.

    Evni points to a flag in the southeast portion of Lastwall. “Goldenflame was an idyllic place surrounding a college sponsored and supported by the church of Iomedae. Fortunately, most of the town was able to evacuate swiftly, but we know that some residents stayed behind out of a sense of civic duty to defend their home against evil.

    “Goldenflame College is known for its documentation of the history of both southeastern Lastwall and the activities of the church of Iomedae in the region, as well as its collection of invaluable local curiosities accrued over time. Those relics and stories—if they can be recovered, then Lastwall can live on.”

    Evni excuses herself and shortly returns with a bundle of paper. “These dossiers contain information on all known Pathfinder agents in the region surrounding Goldenflame. Although we must hold out hope, I cannot truthfully say I am optimistic. Nevertheless, closure is important, and we can properly mourn for their loss and celebrate their lives if we know their fates. Perhaps these documents could be of some use to you in this quest. I’ve also completed and signed travel documentation stating your reasons for being in the Gravelands. Present this document to the border crossing, and you can then be on your way.”

    Evni walks over to a nearby bench to a relatively massive pack, where she begins sorting through its contents. She pulls out a bundle of sacks. “Here. These are for you to transport any items or—” she bows her head “—remains you might find.

    I know it is a sad and gruesome task, but retrieving those fallen Pathfinders would bring closure to their loved ones.” Evni then closes the pack and shoulders it. “I’m also heading into the Gravelands myself. May Desna guide us all on our journeys. Hopefully we can find what we seek.”

    Among the papers the V-C gives you are a series of dossiers on the missing pathfinders. See the slideshow.

    GM Screen - No Peeking!:

    Trestan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

    Trestan recalls that Goldenflame’s chapel functioned as a religious institution and the town hall, so historical records concerning its citizens and events were stored there. Additionally, he recalls that Goldenflame College contained a fantastic statue of Iomedae’s servitor Jingh, and many regarded it as the college’s most valuable possession.

    If you have any questions, ask them now. This is also the time to decide on which items you wish to requisition from your Pathfinder Society schools.

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 15/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    Can you describe what the item requisition is?

    Also, there doesn't appear to be any dossiers in the slideshow.


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror
    Emdi Emmay wrote:

    Can you describe what the item requisition is?

    Also, there doesn't appear to be any dossiers in the slideshow.

    Whoops, forgot to add the slide. Done!

    Item requisition is based on your allocation of points to the Pathfinder schools. Go here and find the section heading "Pathfinder Training", about halfway down.

    Vigilant Seal

    Male, NG, Human | HP 19/19 AC: 17 | F: +8 R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +4 (T)
    Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    "Do we know what kind of opposition to expect?" Hiro will ask for a lesser Antiplague


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror
    Hiro Sakano wrote:

    "Do we know what kind of opposition to expect?"

    Evni looks grave. “Tar-Baphon’s legions are constantly patrolling and are mighty indeed, so I recommend avoiding fights with those troops. Try to identify the paths the undead patrols normally take and travel elsewhere. Covering your tracks would be wise as well. Although I would like you to be as thorough as you can in your investigation, do keep in mind that spending too much time in the Gravelands increases your likelihood of being found, so don’t linger. In short, try to avoid having any opposition.”

    Grand Archive

    Female Human Bard 01| HP 17/17 | AC 17 (18) | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +6 | Perc +6 | Performance +7 | Speed 25' | Melee +6/+1/-4 (1d6) | Ranged +6 (1d8) | Hero Points 01 | Focus Points 2/2 |

    "Uff! Sorry I'm late! I swear I were told this meeting was to begin a few hours from now! And also my magical tracker failed to remind me! Anyway, here I am! Bellona is my name, I'm sure we'll make great music together!" says a lean, black haired girl wearing something akin to a pirate hat and sporting several tatoos.

    Then she surveys the scene:"You were giving the mission briefing already... right? Ahem... I'm sure it's nothing too difficult for skilled people like US... Yeah, we'll be fine... most likely at least"

    So saying Bellona shfts near Emdi and wishpers:"So my friend... were are they sending us?"

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 15/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    Holy water, please!

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 15/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    How many Pathfinders are we expected to locate or recover?

    Grand Archive

    Female Human Bard 01| HP 17/17 | AC 17 (18) | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +6 | Perc +6 | Performance +7 | Speed 25' | Melee +6/+1/-4 (1d6) | Ranged +6 (1d8) | Hero Points 01 | Focus Points 2/2 |

    "Psst... ehy armor guy! I don't know where they are sending us or what the mission is but I'm pretty sure the answer to your last question is "as many as you can manage"... Now... care to elaborate on the rest and fill my own gaps of knowledge?" Bellona wishpers again in a conspiratorial tone while smiling sweetly at Emdi...

    Vigilant Seal

    Male Human Monk 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +6 | Perc: +4, Stealth: +6 | Speed 30ft |Hero Points: 1/1 | Focus Pool: 1/1| Reactions: None | Conditions: None

    Holy water and minor healing potion, please!

    Bellamin is silent for some time, skimming through the dossiers. Glancing up at the late arrival, he nods at her and then asks his own question of Evni. "We'll certainly do our best to avoid notice, but will there be any support available to us if we run into trouble?"


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror
    Emdi Emmay wrote:
    How many Pathfinders are we expected to locate or recover?

    See the dossiers on the slideshow.

    Bellamin Pegason wrote:
    "We'll certainly do our best to avoid notice, but will there be any support available to us if we run into trouble?"

    "I'm afraid not. We're stretched thin on multiple missions right now. This is already a recovery mission, try not to need another one."

    Vigilant Seal

    Male, NG, Human | HP 19/19 AC: 17 | F: +8 R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +4 (T)
    Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    "Sounds like fun. Let's do this."

    Grand Archive

    HP: 15/15 / AC 18 (+2 Nimble Dodge) / F/R/W: +4/+9/+6 / Rapier +7 1d6+4 / Perception +6

    Tresten offers to the late arrival, "Lastwall. We are going back to Lastwall." He shudders to think it, and even more saying it. I always knew being a Pathfinder Agent would get me killed, I just imagined I'd be older and more famous first.

    Tresten requisitions a healing potion as well as a holy water, sure he'll need both before the mission is over.

    Envoy's Alliance

    M Goblin Cleric 1 | HP19 | AC15 | Frt4 - Ref5 - Wil7 | Perc5, Darkvision | Spe25 | Conditions: None
    Spells:
    Cantrips: Detect Magic, Shield, Guidance, Stabilize, Prestidigitation. Focus [1pt]: Weapon Surge 1st: Heal [•••] Magic Weapon [•] Spirit Link [•]

    Potency Crystal/Holy Water please! Klatzu likes to hit big things with big sword so these will work fine for that. Hopefully we won't find anything we need to use Holy Water for, but better safe than sorry.

    "Klatzu not trying be rude and this, uh, miiiiight-be-bad-question-buuuuuut how much are we hoping to find of bodies? Klatzu find bags seems small."aka, are these bags of holding and/or how much fits in a bag for this adventure's purposes?

    The goblin eyes the bags questioningly for a moment before having another thought hit him. "Oh! Do you have Map? As much as Klatzu love stay-and-fight, Klatzu also like living. Map would help get in-out faster. Klatzu volunteers Klatzu hold map!"


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror
    Klatzu wrote:
    "Klatzu not trying be rude and this, uh, miiiiight-be-bad-question-buuuuuut how much are we hoping to find of bodies? Klatzu find bags seems small."aka, are these bags of holding and/or how much fits in a bag for this adventure's purposes?

    They are more like body bags. And you have enough for everyone on your list, though how you are going to actually transport them is a different question. You suspect Evni is doubtful you will find very many, but she's being hopeful.

    Klatzu wrote:
    "Oh! Do you have Map? As much as Klatzu love stay-and-fight, Klatzu also like living. Map would help get in-out faster. Klatzu volunteers Klatzu hold map!"

    Evni rolls up the map she was showing you and hands it to you. "It's from before the troubles, but it's good enough to get you there and back."


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    You depart Caliphas early, passing through a heavily fortified Ustalavic border crossing staffed by Knights of Lastwall, one of whom examines your documentation and then waves you through.

    The day is clear and bright, but the landscape is desolate and quiet, the gently rolling hills devoid of life. According to Evni's map, Goldenflame is a few hours’ travel southwest of Caliphas by foot.

    -------------

    Your travel to Goldenflame is going to be a series of obstacles for you to overcome. The process will be this:

    I will describe the obstacle and give you a chance to nominate one person to do a "set up" check, to attempt to improve your chance of success. I will tell you a skill to use, and one person can choose to make that check. It is not required, so if no one feels confident, you don't have to attempt it.

    After the optional set up check, I will give you two choices of skill checks. If anyone made the set up check, they do not make this check. Everyone else attempts one of the checks. If you have an alternative skill you think is appropriate (particularly a Lore skill, since those are so varied), you can suggest it. The number of successes and failures will be totaled to determine how well you overcome the obstacle. If a player succeeded at the set up check, that will lower the DC for this check for everyone else.

    If any character feels that they are not able to succeed at either of the checks, they can instead "Hustle" and take a long detour around the obstacle. Doing so does not require a check to succeed, but after doing so you must succeed at a Fort save; failing means you are Fatigued for the remainder of the adventure (unless you have a way of removing the condition) and cannot choose the Hustle option in any of the remaining obstacles.

    Note that the DC for the set up check will be slightly harder than the "regular" checks for the obstacle. Also remember that critical successes and critical failures are possible, and will have an effect on the outcome.

    -------------

    About half an hour into your travel, you realize that a large, steep rise blocks the most direct path, and the road diverts around it.

    The set up check for this obstacle is Survival or Scouting Lore to find an efficient way over the hill. The regular checks will be Athletics to climb. Hustling to bypass involves following the road around the hill. Discuss your options, and decide if someone wishes to attempt the set up check.
    Don't roll dice yet, just tell me if and who will be doing the setup.

    Envoy's Alliance

    M Goblin Cleric 1 | HP19 | AC15 | Frt4 - Ref5 - Wil7 | Perc5, Darkvision | Spe25 | Conditions: None
    Spells:
    Cantrips: Detect Magic, Shield, Guidance, Stabilize, Prestidigitation. Focus [1pt]: Weapon Surge 1st: Heal [•••] Magic Weapon [•] Spirit Link [•]

    Klatzu is only at a +2 for survival but at a +5 for Athletics, so I think I'll opt to skip setup and roll the main check instead.

    "Oooooh, that's a beeeeeeeeig cliff! Hold on, Master Craftsman Klatzu has just thing!" Klatzu begins to dig around in his pack before excitedly hoisting up a well-worn grappling hook. "Just thing!"

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 15/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    Survival 0, Athletics +1

    And since it seems likely to be relevant, Fortitude +6 :)

    "I've got a grappling hook and rope too - so someone can pull me up! Heh, heh."

    Vigilant Seal

    Male Human Monk 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +6 | Perc: +4, Stealth: +6 | Speed 30ft |Hero Points: 1/1 | Focus Pool: 1/1| Reactions: None | Conditions: None

    I have a +3 in Scouting Lore and +7 in Athletics. I am willing to attempt the set-up check to try to lower the DC for everyone else but that's obviously not a sure thing.

    Bellamin studies the rise in front of the party, carefully considering his options.

    Vigilant Seal

    Male, NG, Human | HP 19/19 AC: 17 | F: +8 R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +4 (T)
    Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    Hiro looks over the land (Scouting Lore +4) "I'm trained as a scout, and happy to try and set this up."

    Vigilant Seal

    Male Human Monk 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +6 | Perc: +4, Stealth: +6 | Speed 30ft |Hero Points: 1/1 | Focus Pool: 1/1| Reactions: None | Conditions: None

    Bellamin nods to Hiro. "That is good, Hiro. If you would like to try and find the easiest path up, I will be glad to stay here and assist the others."


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Hiro is volunteering to do the the setup check; looks like Emdi is thinking of taking the Hustle option. Is everyone else planning to make the Athletics check?

    Grand Archive

    Female Human Bard 01| HP 17/17 | AC 17 (18) | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +6 | Perc +6 | Performance +7 | Speed 25' | Melee +6/+1/-4 (1d6) | Ranged +6 (1d8) | Hero Points 01 | Focus Points 2/2 |

    "Ahhh... Lastwall... I see..." Bellona comments then falls silent as if she had just seen s ghost...

    Holy water and minor healing potion for me thanks

    Bellona has no training with those skill checks. The best she can do is an untrained survival aid check with a +1 mod

    Vigilant Seal

    Male Human Monk 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +6 | Perc: +4, Stealth: +6 | Speed 30ft |Hero Points: 1/1 | Focus Pool: 1/1| Reactions: None | Conditions: None

    I'll be going with the Athletics check, yes.

    Envoy's Alliance

    M Goblin Cleric 1 | HP19 | AC15 | Frt4 - Ref5 - Wil7 | Perc5, Darkvision | Spe25 | Conditions: None
    Spells:
    Cantrips: Detect Magic, Shield, Guidance, Stabilize, Prestidigitation. Focus [1pt]: Weapon Surge 1st: Heal [•••] Magic Weapon [•] Spirit Link [•]

    Confirming that I will also be doing Athletics.

    ”Klatzu have no problem hoisting Pathfinders. Klatzu surely was chosen to come for that very reason!”

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 15/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    For whatever reason, I thought I got to see the result of the Survival check before I had to choose.

    If I have to choose blind, I guess I should Hustle.

    Grand Archive

    HP: 15/15 / AC 18 (+2 Nimble Dodge) / F/R/W: +4/+9/+6 / Rapier +7 1d6+4 / Perception +6

    I can't make much in Athletics, I'd go Hustle also.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Emdi, that is fine, I was just trying to be efficient - if everyone knows what they are doing without needing to see the setup first, it saves waiting. ;-)

    Hiro Scouting Lore: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 Success
    Hiro carefully makes his way up the hill, pointing out the best places to put your weight and the best path to follow.

    Everyone will be getting a +2 bonus to your Athletics check. Let me know if you are making that check or hustling and making the Fort save. You can roll yourself or just tell me and I'll do them as a batch.

    Envoy's Alliance

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    M Goblin Cleric 1 | HP19 | AC15 | Frt4 - Ref5 - Wil7 | Perc5, Darkvision | Spe25 | Conditions: None
    Spells:
    Cantrips: Detect Magic, Shield, Guidance, Stabilize, Prestidigitation. Focus [1pt]: Weapon Surge 1st: Heal [•••] Magic Weapon [•] Spirit Link [•]

    Athletics +2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

    Klatzu does not know how or when he got atop the cliff. No one else is sure either. But there he is.

    Vigilant Seal

    Male Human Monk 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +6 | Perc: +4, Stealth: +6 | Speed 30ft |Hero Points: 1/1 | Focus Pool: 1/1| Reactions: None | Conditions: None

    Athletics: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 2 = 25

    Bellamin swiftly clambers up, barely pausing to look for handholds. At the top, he turns to offer a helping hand to Klatzu, only to realize the goblin is somehow already there. "Well done, Klatzu! I did not even see you on the way up."

    Grand Archive

    HP: 15/15 / AC 18 (+2 Nimble Dodge) / F/R/W: +4/+9/+6 / Rapier +7 1d6+4 / Perception +6

    With a bonus, Athletics looks about equal.

    Athletics: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 = 6

    Tresten has a great deal of trouble heading up the hill, despite the assistance.

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 15/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    Emdi will also attempt the Athletics check, so he can Hustle later.

    Athletics: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 2 = 19

    Grand Archive

    Female Human Bard 01| HP 17/17 | AC 17 (18) | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +6 | Perc +6 | Performance +7 | Speed 25' | Melee +6/+1/-4 (1d6) | Ranged +6 (1d8) | Hero Points 01 | Focus Points 2/2 |

    Seems like Hustle is the only thing Bellona can do here


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    OK, rolling Fort for Bellona since he didn't do it.
    Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

    Bellona doesn't like the look of the hill, so he starts jogging around while everyone else climbs. Klatzu, thinking he heard a dog bark behind the group, makes it up in record time, with Bellamin and Emdi close behind. Tresten has a little more trouble, but with help from the others manages to get over. As you all come down the other side, you see Bellona make his way around, hardly even winded by the effort.

    ================

    Coming down the hill, you look out and notice a patrol of undead coming up the road in your direction. They haven't noticed you yet, which is good, as the patrol has you severely outnumbered.

    The setup check for this obstacle is Deception to try to divert the patrol's attention in another direction while you pass. The regular check to pass is Stealth, while a Hustle involves taking a detour to one side to pass by far enough away for them not to notice you.

    Again, don't roll yet, just determine if you are going to have someone do the set up check.

    Vigilant Seal

    Male Human Monk 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +6 | Perc: +4, Stealth: +6 | Speed 30ft |Hero Points: 1/1 | Focus Pool: 1/1| Reactions: None | Conditions: None

    Bellamin looks down the road at the patrol, grimacing. "I'd rather avoid contact, if we can manage it. A distraction might be useful, but I must admit I am of little use when it comes to such things."

    I've got a flat 0 for Deception, but a +6 for Stealth, so that's what I'll be doing.

    Envoy's Alliance

    M Goblin Cleric 1 | HP19 | AC15 | Frt4 - Ref5 - Wil7 | Perc5, Darkvision | Spe25 | Conditions: None
    Spells:
    Cantrips: Detect Magic, Shield, Guidance, Stabilize, Prestidigitation. Focus [1pt]: Weapon Surge 1st: Heal [•••] Magic Weapon [•] Spirit Link [•]

    Klatzu, taking the hint, will start smearing dirt on himself. ”Klatzu not like admit it, but Klatzu not very sneaky for Goblin. Klatzu try not yelling till pass.”

    Klatzu has a +2 in Deception and Stealth, with a +4 in Fortitude. If the Aid goes through, I’ll stealth at the combined +4, but otherwise Klatzu will Hustle around the hazard at +4 instead.

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 15/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    Emdi has +3 Deception and no moral qualms about using it on undead. He has +7 Stealth.

    Vigilant Seal

    Male, NG, Human | HP 19/19 AC: 17 | F: +8 R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +4 (T)
    Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    "Not my skill set, though I can be quite quiet."


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Going to give Bellona and Trestan time to weigh in.

    1 to 50 of 272 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS2] GM Rinaldo's Escaping the Grave (1-03) All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.