[PFS2] GM Rinaldo's Escaping the Grave (1-03)

Game Master The Great Rinaldo!

Maps and Handouts


351 to 365 of 365 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Vigilant Seal

Male, NG, Human | HP 19/19 AC: 17 | F: +8 R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +4 (T)
Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    "I have no idea what to do here. Am I in trouble just standing where I am? How do we get ourselves out of here?" Not trained.


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Klatzu is fairly certain the ceiling is about to collapse and any sudden move will trigger it. IE, if no one can disable it, it is going off.

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 12/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    Emdi is also untrained in Crafting. Emdi does remember that Klatzu fixed the cart in town, so he has Crafting.

    Envoy's Alliance

    M Goblin Cleric 1 | HP19 (7 current)| AC15 | Frt4 - Ref5 - Wil7 | Perc5, Darkvision | Spe25 | Conditions: None
    Spells:
    Cantrips: Detect Magic, Shield, Guidance, Stabilize, Prestidigitation. Focus [1pt]: Weapon Surge 1st: Heal [•••] Magic Weapon [•] Spirit Link [•]

    Apologies, I checked in at bad times.

    "KLATZU WILL FIX IT!" I have no idea how Klatzu is supposed to fix this if it's about to collapse, so I guess he'll grab a piece of furniture, throw it at the roof and hope it jams the floor long enough for everyone to escape?

    Crafting: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

    ...okay looks like Klatzu knew about as much as I did about this type of issue.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    I seriously adore Klatzu. :-)

    Klatzu eagerly pulls some pieces of wood and attempts to make a brace for the ceiling. In doing so, he jams the wood directly through the ceiling, dropping wood, plaster, and a small herd of giant centipedes on everyone's heads.

    First, everyone in the room (Emdi, Klatzu, and Hiro) takes 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 4) + 3 = 12 bludgeoning damage, with a DC 16 Reflex save (save for half, crit save for no damage, crit fail for double damage and fall prone).

    Second, the room is now full of giant bugs! I am placing everyone on the map based on where they were investigating, and rolling Perception for initiative as everyone was effectively "exploring" or "searching".

    Initiative:

    Bellona : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
    Hiro : 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
    Emdi : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
    Klatzu : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
    Bellamin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
    Tresten : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
    Blue : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
    Orange : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
    Green : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
    Red : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
    Yellow : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
    Black : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

    OK, that spread things out a lot. In the interest of speeding play, I'm going to adjust them a little so that they are in groups of two, moving them down so that it favors you.

    Combat Card:

    ============
    Round 1
    ============
    Bellona
    -----------
    Yellow
    Green
    -----------
    Bellamin
    -----------
    Orange
    Blue
    -----------
    Tresten
    Hiro
    -----------
    Red
    Black
    -----------
    Klatzu
    Emdi

    With that, Bellona is first to react!

    Grand Archive

    Female Human Bard 01| HP 17/17 | AC 17 (18) | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +6 | Perc +6 | Performance +7 | Speed 25' | Melee +6/+1/-4 (1d6) | Ranged +6 (1d8) | Hero Points 01 | Focus Points 2/2 |

    Bellona rushes out of the southern room and heads towards the source of the commotion. When she notices the bugs surrounding Klatzu she sighs:"If zombies weren't enough..." and then she takes her harp out and prepares to summon her music...

    Double move and take the harp out


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Bellona moves up to provide assistance as two of the bugs bite at Klatzu!

    They don't have to move, so each gets three attacks. I'm crossing my fingers for you ...

    Yellow Attack #1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
    Yellow Attack #2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
    Yellow Attack #3: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (10) - 4 = 6

    Green Attack #1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
    Green Attack #2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
    Green Attack #3: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (12) - 4 = 8

    Klatzu's position on the bed is clearly a superior one as he avoids multiple attempts by centipedes to bite him!

    Combat Card:

    ============
    Round 1
    ============
    Bellamin
    -----------
    Orange
    Blue
    -----------
    Tresten
    Hiro
    -----------
    Red
    Black
    -----------
    Klatzu
    Emdi

    ============
    Round 2
    ============
    Bellona
    -----------
    Yellow
    Green
    -----------

    Bellamin is up! I forgot to mention, anyone who wants to Recall Knowledge about these bugs can spend an action to roll a Nature check (must be able to see them before attempting).

    Vigilant Seal

    Male Human Monk 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18{19} | F: +6, R: +8, W: +6 | Perc: +4, Stealth: +6 | Speed 30ft |Hero Points: 1/1 | Focus Pool: 1/1| Reactions: None | Conditions: Crane Stance

    Bellamin, hearing the crash, stops what he's doing and rushes into the room with the others. Quickly sizing the situation up, he strikes twice at the centipede on his left and then drops into a defensive stance. "Klatzu, fall back!"

    Strike #1 at Black: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
    Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

    Strike #2 at Black: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 7 - 4 = 19
    Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

    1) Move 1 SE, 1 S, 4 E. 2) Flurry of Blows at Black. 3) Crane Stance

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 12/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    "Waaaaaaatttttccccchhhh ooooouuuuuuttttt ..."

    Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

    Emdi goes slow motion as he rolls out of the way of the biggest chunks.

    Envoy's Alliance

    M Goblin Cleric 1 | HP19 (7 current)| AC15 | Frt4 - Ref5 - Wil7 | Perc5, Darkvision | Spe25 | Conditions: None
    Spells:
    Cantrips: Detect Magic, Shield, Guidance, Stabilize, Prestidigitation. Focus [1pt]: Weapon Surge 1st: Heal [•••] Magic Weapon [•] Spirit Link [•]

    Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

    "KLATZU IN DANGRBLElblge-"

    Klatzu's panicked scream gets cut off as a chunk of plaster smashes into his teeth, leaving him reeling. Gotta love going last after triggering a trap!

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 12/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    "You hang in there, Klatzu! Chop Chop Squad doesn't leave anyone behind!"

    Vigilant Seal

    Male, NG, Human | HP 19/19 AC: 17 | F: +8 R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +4 (T)
    Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    As the debris rains down, Hiro tries to dodge it as best he can REF: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12. He does well until he twists directly into a beam! HP: 7/19


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Rushing in from the study hall, Bellamin feints with one punch before landing a second squarely onto a centipede's body. The bug quivers and stops moving. Black is defeated!

    Two more bugs move in to attack Hiro and Bellamin.
    Orange gets 3 attacks on Bellamin, Bluehas to step first, so gets 2 attacks on Hiro.

    Orange Attack #1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
    Orange Attack #2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
    Orange Attack #3: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (20) - 4 = 16

    Blue Attack #1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
    Blue Attack #2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

    Our heroes dodge and block the attacks!

    Combat Card:

    ============
    Round 1
    ============
    Tresten
    Hiro [-12hp]
    -----------
    Red
    -----------
    Klatzu [-12hp]
    Emdi [-6hp]

    ============
    Round 2
    ============
    Bellona
    -----------
    Yellow
    Green
    -----------
    Bellamin
    -----------
    Orange
    Blue
    -----------

    Trestan and Hiro are up!

    Vigilant Seal

    Male, NG, Human | HP 19/19 AC: 17 | F: +8 R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +4 (T)
    Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    Hiro draws back into a ready stance. He quickly lashes out with a side blade kick, then comes back to a chambered position before lashing out with a hook kick v blue

    ATK 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 for DMG if hit: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
    ATK 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

    Grand Archive

    HP: 15/15 / AC 18 (+2 Nimble Dodge) / F/R/W: +4/+9/+6 / Rapier +7 1d6+4 / Perception +6

    Tresten hears the collapse, and then what sounds like fighting. He hurriedly moves to the corridor, and draws a weapon. Double Move, Interact to Draw.

    351 to 365 of 365 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS2] GM Rinaldo's Escaping the Grave (1-03) All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.