[PFS2] GM Rinaldo's Escaping the Grave (1-03)

Game Master The Great Rinaldo!

Maps and Handouts


51 to 100 of 387 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Grand Archive

HP: 15/15 / AC 18 (+2 Nimble Dodge) / F/R/W: +4/+9/+6 / Rapier +7 1d6+4 / Perception +6

Tresten has a +4 Deception and a +6 Stealth, so... pretty decent. I'd be fine doing the setup, let me know.

Grand Archive

Female Human Bard 01| HP 17/17 | AC 17 (18) | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +6 | Perc +6 | Performance +7 | Speed 25' | Melee +6/+1/-4 (1d6) | Ranged +6 (1d8) | Hero Points 01 | Focus Points 2/2 |

Bellona has a +7 in deception so she can actually lead here if needed

Grand Archive

Female Human Bard 01| HP 17/17 | AC 17 (18) | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +6 | Perc +6 | Performance +7 | Speed 25' | Melee +6/+1/-4 (1d6) | Ranged +6 (1d8) | Hero Points 01 | Focus Points 2/2 |

It seems like we share different time zones. I'm going to post my deception roll now, please use it if needed

Deception check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Vigilant Seal

Male Human Monk 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18{19} | F: +6, R: +8, W: +6 | Perc: +4, Stealth: +6 | Speed 30ft |Hero Points: 1/1 | Focus Pool: 1/1| Reactions: None | Conditions: Crane Stance

And here's my stealth check

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Not great!

Grand Archive

HP: 15/15 / AC 18 (+2 Nimble Dodge) / F/R/W: +4/+9/+6 / Rapier +7 1d6+4 / Perception +6

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Tresten finds the distraction Bellona provides very useful, and tries to sneak around.

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Goblin Cleric 1 | HP19 (7 current)| AC15 | Frt4 - Ref5 - Wil7 | Perc5, Darkvision | Spe25 | Conditions: None
Spells:
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Shield, Guidance, Stabilize, Prestidigitation. Focus [1pt]: Weapon Surge 1st: Heal [•••] Magic Weapon [•] Spirit Link [•]

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 = 11

Klatzu, thinking quickly, drops to the ground and huddles up into a ball, before leaning forward and starting to slowly roll his body along the ground. While the maneuver certainly grants him a lower profile, it is, in no way, a speedy method of travel, leaving him exposed in the open for longer than is likely ideal. In addition, Klatzu, more often than not, blurts a small, "... ow... Ouch... Oof... Ugh... Urk... ughhh..." each time his head collides with the earth.


Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

Rolling Stealth for Emdi and Hiro:
Emdi: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Hiro: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Bellona moves toward the approaching patrol. Making a funnel of her hands, she makes a sound that seems to come from a distance away. Several of the scouts from the patrol look that direction, and they take a contingent away to investigate. Setup successful, +2 to everyone else's Stealth check.

Bellamin and Klatzu still fail, but everyone else succeeds.

With the distraction from Bellona, you make it past the patrol (despite Klatzu's antics).

====================

You resume following the road toward Goldenflame. As time goes on, the road becomes more difficult to follow, as it is become overgrown with prickly thorns and tall grasses.

The setup for this obstacle is either Nature or Survival to identify areas where the overgrowth thins out. The regular check is either Acrobatics to maneuver through the narrow paths, or Melee Attack with a slashing weapon to hack your way through. Hustling involves leaving the road entirely and finding a different route.

Again, don't roll yet, just determine if you are going to have someone do the set up check.

Grand Archive

Female Human Bard 01| HP 17/17 | AC 17 (18) | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +6 | Perc +6 | Performance +7 | Speed 25' | Melee +6/+1/-4 (1d6) | Ranged +6 (1d8) | Hero Points 01 | Focus Points 2/2 |

Bellona has +3 acrobatics and +6 / 1d6 to attack in melee

Vigilant Seal

Male, NG, Human | HP 19/19 AC: 17 | F: +8 R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +4 (T)
Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    "I am confident in my ability to handle the paths." Acrobatics +5 (T)

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 9/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    Acrobatics +7 and untrained Nature and Survival

    Envoy's Alliance

    M Goblin Cleric 1 | HP19 (7 current)| AC15 | Frt4 - Ref5 - Wil7 | Perc5, Darkvision | Spe25 | Conditions: None
    Spells:
    Cantrips: Detect Magic, Shield, Guidance, Stabilize, Prestidigitation. Focus [1pt]: Weapon Surge 1st: Heal [•••] Magic Weapon [•] Spirit Link [•]

    rip Klatzu, he learns Nature next level when he’ll hopefully be able to take Gorum Champion dedication. (assuming Paizo releases non-Good Champions by that point) Anyways, untrained Nature/Survival of +2, melee strike of +6/2d12+2 damage (+3 if I just missed where it said 2-handing a weapon is still 1.5x strength mod), 2d12 because Klatzu will 100% use his Weapon Surge focus spell to blast through undergrowth in one mighty cleave if given the option to.

    ”Ooh, ooh! Someone hold Klatzu backpack! Klatzu definitely have this!” Klatzu holds aloft his massive scrapsword, gripping it in both hands as he stares intently at the blade. ”KLATZU READY!”


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Klatzu: Don't waste your focus point, no damage rolls are involved, just a single attack roll as a skill check. Also, I don't think 2nd ed does exttra damage for 2-handing unless it is specifically called out as a trait of the weapon you are using.

    I'll wait a bit longer for the others to say what they want to do.

    Vigilant Seal

    Male Human Monk 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18{19} | F: +6, R: +8, W: +6 | Perc: +4, Stealth: +6 | Speed 30ft |Hero Points: 1/1 | Focus Pool: 1/1| Reactions: None | Conditions: Crane Stance

    "As am I, Hiro. Let's go!" +6 Acrobatics, +1 Nature/Survival

    Grand Archive

    Female Human Bard 01| HP 17/17 | AC 17 (18) | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +6 | Perc +6 | Performance +7 | Speed 25' | Melee +6/+1/-4 (1d6) | Ranged +6 (1d8) | Hero Points 01 | Focus Points 2/2 |

    Bellona will try to cut down the undergrowth

    Grand Archive

    HP: 15/15 / AC 18 (+2 Nimble Dodge) / F/R/W: +4/+9/+6 / Rapier +7 1d6+4 / Perception +6

    With +6 acrobatics, that seems the choice here again.

    Grand Archive

    Female Human Bard 01| HP 17/17 | AC 17 (18) | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +6 | Perc +6 | Performance +7 | Speed 25' | Melee +6/+1/-4 (1d6) | Ranged +6 (1d8) | Hero Points 01 | Focus Points 2/2 |

    If there's no need to roll for damage then Bellona will obviously choose to cut town the undergrowth, seems like Emdi has the best acrobatics check, so he should lead on this


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    No one said they wanted to attempt the Nature/Survival set up check so...
    Bellona Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 Success
    Hiro Acrobatics : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
    Emdi Acrobatics : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
    Klatzu Attack : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 Success
    Bellamin Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
    Tresten Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 Critical Success!

    Bellona and Klatzu start mowing a path through the weeds, enabling Hiro, Emdi, and Bellamin to follow. Tresten blazes his own trail, pushing through the lighter growth with ease.

    ======================

    Despite the obstacles, you make decent time, and eventually Goldenflame comes into view.

    GM Screen:

    Bellona : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
    Hiro : 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
    Emdi : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
    Klatzu : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
    Bellamin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
    Tresten : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

    Bellona,Klatzu,Bellamin:
    You each think you saw a figure in the distance suddenly turn and disappear over another hill. That was probably a scout, and could mean trouble coming your way. Based on the distance, you figure you have at most a few hours before you have company.

    The town of Goldenflame is directly ahead of you. You can go into it to explore, or you can bypass it to go to the college, which is about 10 minutes further along the road.

    Vigilant Seal

    Male Human Monk 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18{19} | F: +6, R: +8, W: +6 | Perc: +4, Stealth: +6 | Speed 30ft |Hero Points: 1/1 | Focus Pool: 1/1| Reactions: None | Conditions: Crane Stance

    Bellamin grimaces, looking out into the distance. "We have been detected. We must be quick about our business, so I recommend we proceed straight to the college. We can perhaps come back through the town if we are lucky."

    Envoy's Alliance

    M Goblin Cleric 1 | HP19 (7 current)| AC15 | Frt4 - Ref5 - Wil7 | Perc5, Darkvision | Spe25 | Conditions: None
    Spells:
    Cantrips: Detect Magic, Shield, Guidance, Stabilize, Prestidigitation. Focus [1pt]: Weapon Surge 1st: Heal [•••] Magic Weapon [•] Spirit Link [•]

    Ideally, I as a player would prefer to investigate the college first, but since the town is in the path, might as well search it while we’re here. We are trying to find Pathfinders that may or may not be in the area, so every stone we turn increases the chances of finding them.

    EDIT: Yeah and its the “if” that worries me. If we rush to the college, I’d like to at least maybe roll a perception check as we pass through the town to try to see if there are any obvious bodies, assuming that kind of act would be allowed at this point; not really sure if this is a binary yes/no option or if there is some middle ground as well.

    ”Guys! Klatzu think should keep eyes open! Pathfinders might be here! Also zombies! Klatzu mostly want fight zombies, but find Pathfinders also good!”

    Vigilant Seal

    Male Human Monk 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18{19} | F: +6, R: +8, W: +6 | Perc: +4, Stealth: +6 | Speed 30ft |Hero Points: 1/1 | Focus Pool: 1/1| Reactions: None | Conditions: Crane Stance

    I agree, and my inner completionist is very mad at me for even suggesting skipping the town. I just have a bad feeling about this. :P

    "You make a good point, Klatzu. Our missing Pathfinders may have chosen to seek shelter in the town itself. It is worth checking."

    Grand Archive

    HP: 15/15 / AC 18 (+2 Nimble Dodge) / F/R/W: +4/+9/+6 / Rapier +7 1d6+4 / Perception +6

    "I can try to remain hidden, the better to get the drop on any would-be ambushers," Tresten offers. He's not hiding scared, he's hiding to be useful. Yeah, that's the ticket.

    Grand Archive

    Female Human Bard 01| HP 17/17 | AC 17 (18) | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +6 | Perc +6 | Performance +7 | Speed 25' | Melee +6/+1/-4 (1d6) | Ranged +6 (1d8) | Hero Points 01 | Focus Points 2/2 |

    "Thus far we avoided detection by the undead hordes that roam this place... which is a very good thing in my book. Part of me would love to keep things that way but unfortunately I'm also forced to agree with Klatzu and Bellamin: we were sent here for a reason and we need to try saving our colleagues, so checking out the town is a given... provided we can be discreet"


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Looks like consensus for going into town. As you approach, what exploration activity is each one of you going to use? Looks like Tresten intends to Avoid Notice. That will involve being somewhat to the side of the part as you enter. Anyone who wants to Scout will be slightly ahead of the party, but will give the party a +1 to initiative if combat starts (only one bonus applies, even if multiple people Scout).

    Vigilant Seal

    Male Human Monk 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18{19} | F: +6, R: +8, W: +6 | Perc: +4, Stealth: +6 | Speed 30ft |Hero Points: 1/1 | Focus Pool: 1/1| Reactions: None | Conditions: Crane Stance

    Bellamin steps into a low crouch and moves off to the party's flank.

    Avoid Notice

    Vigilant Seal

    Male Human Monk 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18{19} | F: +6, R: +8, W: +6 | Perc: +4, Stealth: +6 | Speed 30ft |Hero Points: 1/1 | Focus Pool: 1/1| Reactions: None | Conditions: Crane Stance

    Stealth check cause I'm dumb and forgot to do this already: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

    Envoy's Alliance

    M Goblin Cleric 1 | HP19 (7 current)| AC15 | Frt4 - Ref5 - Wil7 | Perc5, Darkvision | Spe25 | Conditions: None
    Spells:
    Cantrips: Detect Magic, Shield, Guidance, Stabilize, Prestidigitation. Focus [1pt]: Weapon Surge 1st: Heal [•••] Magic Weapon [•] Spirit Link [•]

    Since there are several people with better perception than Klatzu, but Klatzu is only one of two spellcasters, Klatzu will opt to use the Detect Magic exploration option in the hopes of potentially pinging a Wayfinder or some other item that could be on a pathfinder’s corpse.

    ”Okay everyone! Eyes OPEN!” Klatzu exclaims. As he does so, he shuts his eyes tight, raises one hand clutching his holy symbol, and begins to walk forward while muttering under his breath.

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 9/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    Emdi also Avoids Notice.

    Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

    Grand Archive

    Female Human Bard 01| HP 17/17 | AC 17 (18) | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +6 | Perc +6 | Performance +7 | Speed 25' | Melee +6/+1/-4 (1d6) | Ranged +6 (1d8) | Hero Points 01 | Focus Points 2/2 |

    As the party gets near the town Bellona warily studies her surroundings, determined to spot trouble before it spots her...

    Scout it is then

    Perception check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Since none of you have played PbP's with me before, a brief discussion of combat: I will put Initiative into a spoiler, but you are free to open it. I will put a Combat Card spoiler into every post that you are also allowed to view. It shows where we are and who is up, as well as damage and conditions. Some conditions may be secret, and won't be noted here.

    When it is your turn, move your token on the map as needed, and state your three actions. Include any rolls for attack and damage. Remember your multiple attack penalty if you are attacking more than once.

    As an action on their turn, anyone can attempt a Recall Knowledge with a relevant skill. State that you are doing so and tell me your bonus, then I will roll secretly and provide you the result. You can wait to finish your turn to hear the result if you wish.
    ===============================

    OK, so Tresten stated he intends to Avoid Notice, and Hiro's profile says he defaults to Scout, so I've somewhat arbitrarily scattered you on the entry point to the town with the sneaky folk using cover, the scouts up front, and Klatzu stumbling along behind them looking for magic.

    You arrive at the town of Goldenflame. Apart from the slight breeze, the town is still and quiet. The buildings here seem mostly intact, with only a few signs of disuse: cracked gutters, dry and decaying flower beds, weeds growing against flaking walls. A crumbling fountain stands in the middle of the plaza, dry as a dusty bone.

    The first thing everyone notices is the stench of decaying bodies. The second thing is the fact that some of those bodies appear to be moving, including a horse.

    Initiative:

    Kepping the rolls everyone made, adding in for those who didn't post one. Everyone gets +1 for the scouting.
    Bellona Perc: 26+1=27
    Hiro Perc: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 1 = 25
    Emdi Stealth: 21+1=22
    Klatzu Perc: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 = 16
    Bellamin Stealth: 26+1=27
    Tresten Stealth: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 = 24

    Horse : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
    Red : 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
    Blue : 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
    Yellow : 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
    Green : 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
    Black : 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19

    Combat Card:

    ============
    Round 1
    ============
    27 Bellona
    27 Bellamin
    25 Hiro
    24 Tresten

    -----------
    23 Horse
    -----------
    22 Emdi
    -----------
    19 Black
    17 Yellow
    17 Blue
    -----------
    16 Klatzu
    -----------
    13 Green
    10 Red

    ============
    Round 2
    ============

    Bellona, Bellamin, Hiro, and Tresten are up! Tresten, Bellamin, and Emdi are all currently unseen by the enemy, although because of line of sight, you can't see them, either. Hiro and Bellona are aware of all of the zombies, though red is hidden due to line of sight. See my notes on the map slide.

    Relevant Recall Knowledge is Religion, or any Lore that might be relevant to undead.

    Grand Archive

    Female Human Bard 01| HP 17/17 | AC 17 (18) | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +6 | Perc +6 | Performance +7 | Speed 25' | Melee +6/+1/-4 (1d6) | Ranged +6 (1d8) | Hero Points 01 | Focus Points 2/2 |

    "Look alive people! We've got company and it's of the shambling deceased type!" Bellona warns the others then she starts playing one of her enchanting compositions with her harp.

    Here we go, PF2 combat. I think I know what to do but feel free to correct any mistakes I may do please

    Bellona consumes an action to casts the Inspire Courage cantrip on all her allies inside 60 ft, she does so applying Lingering Composition, DC should be standard for lvl 01. If successful the composition (Inspire Courage) lasts for 3 rounds instead of 1 (4 rounds in case of a critical success) and those affected gain a +1 bonus to hit, damage and saves against fear. Lingering Composition is a free action so Bellona also shoots the giant undead horse in front of her and then moves back, leaving melee to her more bellicose friends

    Performance check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

    Attack roll (ranged): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23Damage roll: 1d8 ⇒ 6

    Vigilant Seal

    Male Human Monk 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18{19} | F: +6, R: +8, W: +6 | Perc: +4, Stealth: +6 | Speed 30ft |Hero Points: 1/1 | Focus Pool: 1/1| Reactions: None | Conditions: Crane Stance

    At Bellona's shouted warning, Bellamin rushes forward to stand next to Hiro, where he slides into a defensive stance.

    1) Stride 2 E, 2 SE. 2) Stride 2 SE. 3) Activate Crane Stance, +1 to AC


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Bellona calls out and plucks a few notes on her harp, and everyone feels inspired to greatness. Standard difficulty DC for level 1 is 15, so that's a success but not a critical. Also, don't forget to mark that focus point spend for the Lingering Composition cantrip.

    What weapon are you firing? Do you have enough hands between the harp and the weapon and the ammunition?

    ====

    Bellamin moves up and prepares to engage.

    ====

    Need clarification from Bellona, and Hiro and Tristen can act.

    Grand Archive

    HP: 15/15 / AC 18 (+2 Nimble Dodge) / F/R/W: +4/+9/+6 / Rapier +7 1d6+4 / Perception +6

    Tresten creeps around the far side of a building. Once he gets to it, he sees a horse, though he's fairly certain that is not a living horse. He readies his rapier in his main hand, and draws a vial of holy water with the other.

    Grand Archive

    Female Human Bard 01| HP 17/17 | AC 17 (18) | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +6 | Perc +6 | Performance +7 | Speed 25' | Melee +6/+1/-4 (1d6) | Ranged +6 (1d8) | Hero Points 01 | Focus Points 2/2 |

    @GM: That would have been Bellona's crossbow... but you are right, she can't play and shoot at the same time although Inspire courage is now a cantrip that lasts one round unless you have lingering composition which allows you to extend the duration of the effects. I'm not sure that means you are still playing to keep it going though. RAW it seems to me that you just spend an action to play and then you cast and can do something else if you have other actions left, I might be mistaken though


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Bellona: With Lingering Performance, the effect lasts the full duration without any further requirements, so you can draw weapons and fire once the cast is done.

    I'm going to allow that you had harp in hand while moving in, so casting was fine. I'll also allow a strap on the harp so you can drop for free without it dropping to the ground (I actually have a small harp and have dropped the harp to switch to a flutre at Ren Faires. ;-) ).

    The crossbow has Hands=2 and Reload=1; since it is not Hands=1+, I have to rule you cannot even hold a crossbow in a single hand. Therefore, you can spend your first action to cast the Inspire Courage cantrip, then drop the harp for free; your second action is to draw your crossbow, then your third is to reload. At the end of the round, you are holding a loaded crossbow. Next round you can fire, then take two more actions; if you don't fire as your first action, I will have to adjudicate whether you still count as holding a loaded weapon or not. (Please see pages 279 and 280 in the CRB; if you disagree with anything I said, let me know and we will discuss - this is new to all of us and I am very willing to be shown to be wrong! :-) )

    All of that said, I am willing to let you keep those rolls; next round, if you fire the crossbow, refer me back to your previous post. Tell me who your target is, and I will count that roll toward the new target.

    ==============================

    Tresten: I'm interpreting that is 1) Move, 2) Interact to draw Rapier, 3) Interact to draw holy water. I'm allowing that other people have their primary weapon or gear in hand, so I'm ok with you having already had the rapier drawn. You have an action remaining; if you want to throw the holy water, you may do so at a range of 30, with benefit of being undetected by the zombie horse. Regardless, you have your third action available still.

    ==============================

    Hiro is still up!

    Grand Archive

    Female Human Bard 01| HP 17/17 | AC 17 (18) | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +6 | Perc +6 | Performance +7 | Speed 25' | Melee +6/+1/-4 (1d6) | Ranged +6 (1d8) | Hero Points 01 | Focus Points 2/2 |

    @GM: Your ruling seems fine to me :P


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Going to Delay Hiro's action for now.

    The zombie horse shambles over and attempts to eat Bellamin.
    Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
    The agile monk easily dodges the attack.

    Combat Card:

    ============
    Round 1
    ============
    22 Hiro
    22 Emdi
    -----------
    19 Black
    17 Yellow
    17 Blue
    -----------
    16 Klatzu
    -----------
    13 Green
    10 Red

    ============
    Round 2
    ============
    27 Bellona
    27 Bellamin
    24 Tresten
    -----------
    23 Horse
    -----------

    Emdi is up! Hiro can act! Trestan has a single action coming to him!

    Grand Archive

    HP: 15/15 / AC 18 (+2 Nimble Dodge) / F/R/W: +4/+9/+6 / Rapier +7 1d6+4 / Perception +6

    Tresten didn't have anything drawn, so I'll hold for the next round. I appreciate your flexibility though.

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 9/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    1. Emdi moves east 15', and will enact Glimpse of Redemption should the zombie horse attack Bellamin again.

    He sees at least one other zombie.

    "We've got more problems than a horse!"

    2. Emdi tries to remember if zombie horses have any resistances.

    Religion +3 GM makes this check, correct?

    3. Emdi fires a shortbow at the zombie horse.

    Shortbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
    Arrow: 1d6 ⇒ 4

    Vigilant Seal

    Male, NG, Human | HP 19/19 AC: 17 | F: +8 R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +4 (T)
    Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    I'm back! Hiro takes a guarded step towards the zombie horse, looking at the other zombies. He makes a pair of powerful attacks, first a roundhouse kick to the inside of the right foreleg, followed bay a straight side kick to the other foreleg:

    Step, strike, strike

    ATK 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 for DMG: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
    ATK 1: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 4 = 20 for DMG: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror
    Emdi Emmay wrote:
    Glimpse of Redemption

    Can I get a link to that on AoN or a page number in the book? I'm not familiar with it.

    GM Screen:
    1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

    Emdi:
    You don't recall any resistances, but do recall that the only way to completely stop an undead is to cut its head completely off - otherwise they rise up again after a few minutes.

    Emdi moves up and studies the zombie horse a bit before firing an arrow over its back.

    Hiro moves in and punches it, his fist making a disgusting *squish* sound with each strike. Both attacks hit.

    Three zombies (Black, Yellow, Blue) move slowly toward you.

    Combat Card:

    ============
    Round 1
    ============
    16 Klatzu
    -----------
    13 Green
    10 Red

    ============
    Round 2
    ============
    27 Bellona
    27 Bellamin
    24 Tresten
    -----------
    23 Horse [-13hp]
    -----------
    22 Hiro
    22 Emdi
    -----------
    19 Black
    17 Yellow
    17 Blue
    -----------

    Klatzu is up!

    Envoy's Alliance

    M Goblin Cleric 1 | HP19 (7 current)| AC15 | Frt4 - Ref5 - Wil7 | Perc5, Darkvision | Spe25 | Conditions: None
    Spells:
    Cantrips: Detect Magic, Shield, Guidance, Stabilize, Prestidigitation. Focus [1pt]: Weapon Surge 1st: Heal [•••] Magic Weapon [•] Spirit Link [•]

    "...haminahaminahaminaha-wait... what is noise?"
    -Free: Klatzu drops his holy symbol. (Operating under the assumption that it is on a necklace although I honestly can't find any rules for that in the CRB)

    Klatzu slowly opens his eyes only to see the ensuing combat. His mouth spreads in a wide grin.
    -1: Klatzu draws his Greatsword, beginning to cackle loudly as he does so.

    -1: Klatzu Strides adjacent to the Horse.

    "FOR KLATZU GLORY! OUR ENEMIES TASTE KLATZU MASTERWORK!"
    -1: Klatzu Strikes the horse with his sword.
    Attack Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
    Damage Roll: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Klatzu rushes forward, bringing his huge sword to bear on the horse. His blade slices open a huge gash on the horse's chest, causing unused organs to spill out onto him.

    GM Screen:

    Bellona : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
    Hiro : 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
    Klatzu : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
    Bellamin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

    As he does, the three standing in front of the horse (Klatzu, Hiro, and Bellamin) all notice a strange gleam from inside the horse's throat - something caught there as if swallowed.

    The remaining zombies (Red, Green) begin their shuffle in your direction.

    Combat Card:

    ============
    Round 2
    ============
    27 Bellona
    27 Bellamin
    24 Tresten
    -----------
    23 Horse [-32hp]
    -----------
    22 Hiro
    22 Emdi
    -----------
    19 Black
    17 Yellow
    17 Blue
    -----------
    16 Klatzu
    -----------
    13 Green
    10 Red

    ============
    Round 3
    ============

    Bellona, Bellamin, and Trestan are up! Bellamin can spend an action on a Perception check to try to get a better look at the thing in the horse's throat, if he wishes. Hiro and Klatzu will have the same option on their turns.

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 9/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    https://2e.aonprd.com/Actions.aspx?ID=6

    Grand Archive

    Female Human Bard 01| HP 17/17 | AC 17 (18) | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +6 | Perc +6 | Performance +7 | Speed 25' | Melee +6/+1/-4 (1d6) | Ranged +6 (1d8) | Hero Points 01 | Focus Points 2/2 |

    Using her previous rolls...

    ...Bellona shoots the now loaded crossbow and then recharges it and shoots again, aiming for the equine zombie...

    Attack roll 02: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8Damage roll: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

    Keep in mind inspire courage is active, you all get +1/+1 to hit and damage rolls (this should include Bellona's previous roll (for 24 to hit and 7 hp of damage now)


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Emdi: Thanks!
    ============

    Bellona fires her crossbow twice in rapid succession. The first bolt hits the undead horse directly in the eye, lodging deep in what is left of its brain. The other, sadly, flies past the creature. First attack is a crit, so 14 total damage!

    Bellamin and Trestan are still up!

    Vigilant Seal

    Male Human Monk 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18{19} | F: +6, R: +8, W: +6 | Perc: +4, Stealth: +6 | Speed 30ft |Hero Points: 1/1 | Focus Pool: 1/1| Reactions: None | Conditions: Crane Stance

    Bellamin tries to get a better look at whatever is stuck in the creature's throat, before maneuvering around to a flanking position and striking at its hind legs in a mirror to Hiro.

    Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

    Attack #1: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 1 = 24
    Damage #1: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10

    Attack #2: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 - 4 = 5
    Damage #2: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9

    1) Perception check. 2) Move 1 SE, 1 E, 1 NE. 3) Flurry of Blows


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Bellamin can't quite make out the gleam, but he has more important business. He moves around the zombie horse, then sweeps at its legs. With a crunch of breaking bone, the creature falls to the ground and stops moving. Critical hit on attack 1, zombie horse is dead.

    Combat Card:

    ============
    Round 2
    ============
    24 Tresten
    22 Hiro
    22 Emdi
    -----------
    19 Black
    17 Yellow
    17 Blue
    -----------
    16 Klatzu
    -----------
    13 Green
    10 Red

    ============
    Round 3
    ============
    27 Bellona
    27 Bellamin

    With the horse defeated, Trestan, Hiro, and Emdi are all up!

    Grand Archive

    HP: 15/15 / AC 18 (+2 Nimble Dodge) / F/R/W: +4/+9/+6 / Rapier +7 1d6+4 / Perception +6

    Tresten approaches the nearest creature and tries to strike it down! He's not certain but thinks it is a zombie.

    Attack 1: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 1 = 21
    Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6
    Attack 2: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 - 4 = 8

    He strikes one decent blow against it, but finds himself rather alone... not that he particularly minded being alone until just this moment.

    If attacked, use reaction Nimble Dodge against first attack against me for +2 AC.


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror
    Tresten Freeborn wrote:
    If attacked, use reaction Nimble Dodge against first attack against me for +2 AC.

    Do me a favor and put a note about that in your header so I see it when I check your AC.

    Trestan comes out from his hiding place and surprises the zombie nearest him. Thanks to it being Flat-Footed, the first hit is a critical! 12 damage! His follow up attack isn't as good, but he still leaves a good mark.

    51 to 100 of 387 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS2] GM Rinaldo's Escaping the Grave (1-03) All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.