[PFS2] GM Rinaldo's Escaping the Grave (1-03)

Game Master The Great Rinaldo!

Maps and Handouts


101 to 150 of 293 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Grand Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 15/15 / AC 18 (+2 Nimble Dodge) / F/R/W: +4/+9/+6 / Rapier +7 1d6+4 / Perception +6

If it's flat-footed, I also get SNEAK ATTACK 1d6. Additionally, my critical is DEADLY.

Deadly:
On a critical hit, the weapon adds a weapon damage die of the listed size. Roll this after doubling the weapon’s damage. This increases to two dice if the weapon has a greater striking rune and three dice if the weapon has a major striking rune. For instance, a rapier with a greater striking rune deals 2d8 extra piercing damage on a critical hit. An ability that changes the size of the weapon’s normal damage dice doesn’t change the size of its deadly die.

Sneak Attack and Deadly damage: 1d6 + 1d8 ⇒ (5) + (3) = 8 Tresten does a total of 20 to that zombie, then.

Vigilant Seal

Male, NG, Human | HP 19/19 AC: 17 | F: +8 R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +4 (T)
Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    Turn dependent on the results of Tresten's


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Trestan's strike turns out to be even more deadly than expected! He draws his blade back out, and the zombie drops to the ground! 8 additional damage is enough to defeat Yellow! And since that was on your first attack, you can change your final action.

    Grand Archive

    HP: 15/15 / AC 18 (+2 Nimble Dodge) / F/R/W: +4/+9/+6 / Rapier +7 1d6+4 / Perception +6

    Then Tresten will rejoin the group! Strength in numbers, what what.

    Having felled a zombie, Tresten rejoins the group.

    Vigilant Seal

    Male, NG, Human | HP 19/19 AC: 17 | F: +8 R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +4 (T)
    Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    Hiro strides forth and sets himself ready to act if a zombie approaches:

    Stride ◆, Ready ◆◆

    Readied:

    Forward heel thrust kick! ATK: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 for DMG: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

    Grand Archive

    Female Human Bard 01| HP 17/17 | AC 17 (18) | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +6 | Perc +6 | Performance +7 | Speed 25' | Melee +6/+1/-4 (1d6) | Ranged +6 (1d8) | Hero Points 01 | Focus Points 2/2 |

    Bellona recharges her crossbow, shoots at the zombie covered in reddish gore and then retreats behind her friends...

    Attack roll (vs Red): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 = 26Damage roll: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 15/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    Emdi drifts off daydreaming for a second.

    "Wait, whose turn is it? Ah, shoot, it's mine!"

    Sorry, missed it with the page break. :P

    Aaand ... I just effed up the map. I'm going to log in on a computer to fix it.

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 15/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    1. Emdi fires an arrow at Red.

    Shortbow (IC): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9
    Arrow (IC): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

    2. Emdi fires an arrow at Red.

    Shortbow (IC): 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 - 5 = 16
    Arrow (IC): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

    3. Emdi moves to a more central location.

    Can I share a square with the (re)dead horse? If not, I'll move another square north.


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Hiro, your token does not seem to have moved, where did you intend to be?

    Bellona, it isn't your turn yet. :-)

    Emdi, you can absolutely stand over a corpse. To declutter the area where most of you are, I've removed the horse marker.

    Emdi fires two arrows at the approaching zombie, losing one over his target but landing the other.

    Need to wait for Hiro to place his token since he's readying an attack.

    Vigilant Seal

    Male, NG, Human | HP 19/19 AC: 17 | F: +8 R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +4 (T)
    Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    My bad. I though I had. Doing so now.


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    As expected, more of the zombies shuffle your way. One (black) makes it to Shiro, and takes a foot to its gut for its trouble. Readied attack hits.

    Another (blue) reaches Bellamin and swings its club-like arm.
    Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
    It nearly catches him across the throat, and even still manages to knock the breath out of him. Not a crit, but that's still 9 damage to Bellamin.

    Combat Card:

    ============
    Round 2
    ============
    16 Klatzu
    -----------
    13 Green
    10 Red [-6hp]

    ============
    Round 3
    ============
    27 Bellona
    27 Bellamin [-9hp]
    24 Tresten
    22 Hiro
    22 Emdi
    -----------
    19 Black
    17 Blue
    -----------

    Klatzu is up!

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 15/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    Emdi stares at Blue.

    "Bro, it's not too late. Repent, and your soul will be released."

    Emdi enacts Glimpse of Redemption on Blue.

    By my understanding, this should give Bellamin DR 3 against the attack, and give Blue Enfeebled 2 until the end of his next turn. Or Blue can choose to negate the damage altogether and not be enfeebled. Someone please jump in if I'm wrong, this is literally the first time I've seen it used.


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    That is how I read it. I am going to rule that the zombie doesn't have enough mind to choose to not do damage in order to preserve itself, so Bellamin takes 3 less damage and the zombie is Enfeebled 2 for one round.

    Envoy's Alliance

    M Goblin Cleric 1 | HP19 | AC15 | Frt4 - Ref5 - Wil7 | Perc5, Darkvision | Spe25 | Conditions: None
    Spells:
    Cantrips: Detect Magic, Shield, Guidance, Stabilize, Prestidigitation. Focus [1pt]: Weapon Surge 1st: Heal [•••] Magic Weapon [•] Spirit Link [•]

    Klatzu grins as the horse collapses, proudly clambering over its corpse to attack the next abomination. “Undead lose lives before! No glory for already life-losers!

    skip:
    -Klatzu will roll Perception on that horse if the option is still available.
    Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

    -Klatzu raises his bloody sword skyward, screaming loudly as a ray from the sky reflects from the battered blade causing it to shine through the crimson. Klatzu is casting his Weapon Surge focus spell, adding +1 to the next attack roll and an extra bonus Striking die: 1d12 ⇒ 10 to the upcoming attack roll.

    -Klatzu Steps one square forward because no reason not to.

    -Klatzu swings his greatsword in an arc that, if he were taller, would cause the sword to cave in his opponent’s skull; however, his stature makes it more likely to strike its rotting ribcage instead. Klatzu strikes Black with his Greatsword.
    Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
    Damage: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    With the horse on the ground and people stepping over it, you don't have the right line of sight currently. You can try again after the fight.

    Klatzu screams as he raises his blade, magical power coursing through it. He steps up and swings at the zombie, slicing it clean in half.

    With the bonus damage, Klatzu takes down the zombie in a single shot!

    Unbothered by the fate of their fellow undead, the remaining zombies close in. The one nearest Klatzu reaches out to the goblin...
    Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
    and rakes its filthy fingernails across his skin!
    [ooc]Red steps and strikes, doing 6 damage to Klatzu. Also, you can tell that it is preparing to grab hold of you on its next turn.

    Green moves across the fountain to Bellamin, but doesn't attack this turn.

    Combat Card:

    ============
    Round 3
    ============
    27 Bellona
    27 Bellamin [-6hp]
    24 Tresten
    22 Hiro
    22 Emdi
    -----------
    17 Blue {Enfeebled 2 (until end of this turn)}
    -----------
    16 Klatzu [-6hp]
    -----------
    13 Green
    10 Red [-6hp]

    ============
    Round 4
    ============

    Everyone other than Klatzu is up!

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 15/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    Glimpse of Redemption is a reaction, so I only get 1 per round, correct? And this resets on my turn or on Blue's turn?

    1. Emdi fires an arrow at Blue.

    Shortbow (IC): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 1 = 20
    Arrow (IC): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

    I just recalculated my to-hit to be +7 (+4 DEX, +3 trained). I was wondering why everyone else had these +7 to-hits while mine was a measly +4.

    2. Emdi moves south to be next to Klatzu.

    3. Emdi puts a hand on Klatzu's shoulder.

    "Be well, my friend!"

    Emdi casts Lay on Hands on Klatzu. He gains 6 HP and gains +2 AC for 1 round.


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Emdi: You get one reaction to use between your turns. You can use it at any time between when your current turn ends and when your next turn begins.

    For your attack, what does "(IC)" mean?

    Finally, how often can you Lay on Hands? (I'm not very familiar with Champions yet.)[/ooc]

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 15/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    Re: Reactions - excellent. Re: IC - inspire courage. Re: LoH - It recharges on a 10 min rest. So it's basically once per encounter, unless we get pressed for time after the encounter ends and I can't Refocus.

    Grand Archive

    Female Human Bard 01| HP 17/17 | AC 17 (18) | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +6 | Perc +6 | Performance +7 | Speed 25' | Melee +6/+1/-4 (1d6) | Ranged +6 (1d8) | Hero Points 01 | Focus Points 2/2 |

    Let me know if Bellona can keep her previous actions please

    Vigilant Seal

    Male Human Monk 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +6 | Perc: +4, Stealth: +6 | Speed 30ft |Hero Points: 1/1 | Focus Pool: 1/1| Reactions: None | Conditions: None

    Retreating to give himself breathing room from the zombie that attacked him, Bellamin sees another zombie trying to make a meal of Klatzu. He quickly moves to dispatch it before it can do any more harm to the brave little goblin.

    Attack #1 against Red: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 1 = 21
    Attack #1 damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7

    Attack #2 against Red: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 - 4 = 8
    Attack #2 damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10

    Attack #3 against Red: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 8 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 - 8 = 7
    Attack #3 damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6

    1) Stride 1 SW, 1 SE, 2 S. Flurry of Blows. 3) Strike. Oof, those rolls are Not Good.

    Grand Archive

    HP: 15/15 / AC 18 (+2 Nimble Dodge) / F/R/W: +4/+9/+6 / Rapier +7 1d6+4 / Perception +6

    Tresten steps up to Blue and tries to end this fight before any harm comes to himself.

    Attack 1: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 = 10
    Attack 2: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 1 - 4 = 18
    Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Bellona loads her crossbow and deftly fires between her allies to hit the zombie attacking Klatzu. Bellamin circles around it throws several punches, finishing off the creature.

    Between the damage it had already taken and Bellona's shot, Bellamin takes it down with the first strike of the flurry. You have an action back if you want to do something with it.

    Emdi fires off his crossbow at the one coming along the side of the fountain before moving back to heal Klatzu. Trestan moves up and jabs the same one with his rapier. Only one strike connects, but it does a noticeable amount of damage.

    Combat Card:

    ============
    Round 3
    ============
    22 Hiro
    -----------
    17 Blue [-15hp] {Enfeebled 2 (until end of this turn)}
    -----------
    16 Klatzu
    -----------
    13 Green

    ============
    Round 4
    ============
    27 Bellona
    27 Bellamin [-6hp]
    24 Tresten
    22 Emdi

    Two targets remaining, and Hiro is still up!

    Vigilant Seal

    Male, NG, Human | HP 19/19 AC: 17 | F: +8 R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +4 (T)
    Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    With a foe right in front of him, Hiro pivots his hips to roundhouse kick the zombie's knee Green

    ATK: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 for DMG: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

    If that drops it, he'll instead stride over to flank.

    He re-chambers his leg and tries to round house kick it in the head!

    ATK: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 4 = 10 for DMG: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

    Finally he leaps into the air and throws a spinning hook kick!

    ATK: 1d20 + 6 - 8 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 8 = -1 for DMG: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Hiro kicks several times at the zombie next to him, but only manages to connect once.

    Blue (enfeebled) vs Trestan: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 2 = 20 damage: 1d6 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 2 = 4
    The zombie near Trestan swings at him, managing to get a good bruise in despite being weakened. It then uses its other hand to pin Trestan in place.
    Zombie uses its second action to grab Trestan. You now have the grabbed condition, which renders you flat-footed and immobilized, and you can also tell this is setting up for a special attack next round.

    Combat Card:

    ============
    Round 3
    ============
    16 Klatzu
    -----------
    13 Green [-9hp]

    ============
    Round 4
    ============
    27 Bellona
    27 Bellamin [-6hp]
    24 Tresten {Grabbed by Blue}
    22 Emdi
    22 Hiro
    -----------
    17 Blue [-15hp] {Grabbing Trestan}
    -----------

    Klatzu is up!

    Vigilant Seal

    Male, NG, Human | HP 19/19 AC: 17 | F: +8 R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +4 (T)
    Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    "Get that zombie off of him!"

    Envoy's Alliance

    M Goblin Cleric 1 | HP19 | AC15 | Frt4 - Ref5 - Wil7 | Perc5, Darkvision | Spe25 | Conditions: None
    Spells:
    Cantrips: Detect Magic, Shield, Guidance, Stabilize, Prestidigitation. Focus [1pt]: Weapon Surge 1st: Heal [•••] Magic Weapon [•] Spirit Link [•]

    Not sure if Inspire Courage is still up; if it is then just add +1 to my attacks this turn.

    Klatzu, seeming Hiro distracted by the collapsing zombie, sees an opening. He quickly scrambles up behind it.
    -Klatzu Strides into Flanking against Green.

    "REPENT FOR BEING LOSER!" Klatzu screams as he cleaves his sword upward.
    -Klatzu Strikes Green with his Greatsword.
    Attack Roll vs Flat Footed Zombie: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
    Damage Roll: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

    "Friends save fancy friend! Klatzu have this covered!"

    If Green is still standing:
    Klatzu's sword falls behind him, and unsteady though he is, he is determined to finish his foe, using the momentum to spin around completely for an inaccurate follow-up.

    -Klatzu Strikes Green with his Greatsword.
    Attack Roll vs Flat Footed Zombie: 1d20 ⇒ 11
    Damage Roll: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

    If Green is NOT still standing:
    Klatzu grins as he hears the Zombie crunch and collapse, before hurriedly continuing his dash to assist Trestan.

    -Klatzu Strides to just below the defeated Yellow, setting up a Flank for Hiro.

    Grand Archive

    HP: 15/15 / AC 18 (+2 Nimble Dodge) / F/R/W: +4/+9/+6 / Rapier +7 1d6+4 / Perception +6

    I am an unfettered halfling, I need him to make an athletics check to grab me.

    Link


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror
    Tresten Freeborn wrote:
    I am an unfettered halfling, I need him to make an athletics check to grab me.Link

    Oh hey, look at that! Athletics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Well, that looks like a fail. Well done on your feat selection!

    As the zombie reaches out toward Trestan, he wriggles out of its grasp!

    Klatzu moves up to attack the other zombie, but his swing misses despite having it surrounded.

    The zombie turns and swings at Klatzu...
    Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 oooh, that'a a crit unless Klatzu has a bonus to his AC that isn't listed. 12 damage to the goblin!

    Combat Card:

    ============
    Round 4
    ============
    27 Bellona
    27 Bellamin [-6hp]
    24 Tresten
    22 Emdi
    22 Hiro
    -----------
    17 Blue [-15hp]
    -----------
    16 Klatzu [-12hp]
    -----------
    13 Green [-9hp]

    ============
    Round 5
    ============

    Everyone other than Klatzu is up!

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 15/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    Klatzu does, in fact, have a +2 AC bonus from Lay on Hands.

    And he also takes even less damage because Emdi raises an eyebrow at Green.

    "Come on, bro. You gotta stop hurting people."

    Emdi enacts Glimpse of Redemption on Green.

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 15/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    On Emdi's turn, he'll move to try to get all melee fighters within 15 ft, and fire two arrows at whichever zombie is closer.

    Shortbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
    arrow: 1d6 ⇒ 3

    Shortbow: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 5 = 5
    arrow: 1d6 ⇒ 4

    Grand Archive

    Female Human Bard 01| HP 17/17 | AC 17 (18) | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +6 | Perc +6 | Performance +7 | Speed 25' | Melee +6/+1/-4 (1d6) | Ranged +6 (1d8) | Hero Points 01 | Focus Points 2/2 |

    "Let's try to put these things down for good!" Bellona says as she recharges her crossbow and shoots again at the bluish zombie...

    Attack roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23Damage roll: 1d8 ⇒ 7

    Reload, attack, reload


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror
    Emdi Emmay wrote:

    Klatzu does, in fact, have a +2 AC bonus from Lay on Hands.

    And he also takes even less damage because Emdi raises an eyebrow at Green.
    "Come on, bro. You gotta stop hurting people."
    Emdi enacts Glimpse of Redemption on Green.

    Oh, very nice. So no crit, damage is only 6; then 3 of that damage is prevented. Klatzu only took 3!

    Emdi reaches out toward the zombie attacking Klatzu, and its grip weakens noticeably. He then fires his bow, landing a shot in the undead's shoulder. He fires again, but the second arrow misses.

    Bellona fires a crossbow bolt at the other zombie, and nails it directly in the neck. Critical hit, Blue is defeated.

    Combat Card:

    ============
    Round 4
    ============
    27 Bellamin [-6hp]
    24 Tresten
    22 Hiro
    16 Klatzu [-3hp]
    -----------
    13 Green [-12hp] {Enfeebled 2 (0/1)}

    ============
    Round 5
    ============
    27 Bellona
    22 Emdi

    With Blue defeated, Klatzu joins the initiative block. Bellamin, Trestan, Hiro, and Klatzu are up!

    Vigilant Seal

    Male Human Monk 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +6 | Perc: +4, Stealth: +6 | Speed 30ft |Hero Points: 1/1 | Focus Pool: 1/1| Reactions: None | Conditions: None

    Bellamin, sensing imminent victory, steps up to the last zombie and delivers a punishing set of crane wing strikes.

    Flurry of Blows #1: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 1 = 21
    Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10

    Flurry of Blows #2: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 1 - 4 = 20
    Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

    Attack #3: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 8 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 - 8 = 11
    Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 15/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    Assuming that finishes Green and we are out of combat, Emdi immediately runs around beheading the zombies with his glaive.

    If people wonder why, he responds, "I think you have to behead them to kill them. Right?"

    Vigilant Seal

    Male, NG, Human | HP 19/19 AC: 17 | F: +8 R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +4 (T)
    Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    Posting just in case it's not!

    Hiro jukes to his side to put the zombie directly between two Pathfinders. He opens with a roundhouse elbow to the jaw:

    ATK: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

    Then he reverses the follow through to strike with a shuto to the side of the neck.

    ATK: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 4 = 3

    But his attacks are extremely poorly executed!


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Bellamin steps up and finishes off the final zombie with a single blow.

    DC 14 Religion, everyone EXCEPT Emdi:
    You have never heard of having to cut off zombies' heads to kill them.

    Combat is over, if anyone wants to use magic or potions to heal the wounded, you may do so, but there isn't time to use Medicine checks yet, as that takes ten minutes.

    GM Screen:

    Bellona : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
    Hiro : 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
    Emdi : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
    Klatzu : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
    Bellamin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
    Tresten : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

    As you are taking a breath following the combat, Bellona, Trestan, and Hiro all hear a sound from across the square. Rather than the shuffle and moan of undead, this sounds more like the breathing of a large creature. I've marked the location of the sound on the map with a white circle with a green cross.

    Vigilant Seal

    Male, NG, Human | HP 19/19 AC: 17 | F: +8 R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +4 (T)
    Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    "Quickly. Whatever's coming is.... not something I want to experience first hand."

    Envoy's Alliance

    M Goblin Cleric 1 | HP19 | AC15 | Frt4 - Ref5 - Wil7 | Perc5, Darkvision | Spe25 | Conditions: None
    Spells:
    Cantrips: Detect Magic, Shield, Guidance, Stabilize, Prestidigitation. Focus [1pt]: Weapon Surge 1st: Heal [•••] Magic Weapon [•] Spirit Link [•]

    Klatzu is somewhat disappointed about not being the one to finish off the final zombie, but his expression brightens quickly. ”Oh! Shiny thing!” Hearing nothing of whatever creature the others heard, Klatzu will use this moment to go back to the horse corpse to examine whatever that thing he saw earlier was.

    Perception, if needed: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

    If Perception is needed but Klatzu fails check, Klatzu will begin indiscriminately cutting the horse into smaller pieces to better search its insides.


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Klatzu runs over to the horse and sees the shiny - a wayfinder deeply caught in the creature's throat.

    Getting it out will require either a Thievery check, or about 10 minutes of indiscriminately cutting the horse into smaller pieces to better search its insides.

    Envoy's Alliance

    M Goblin Cleric 1 | HP19 | AC15 | Frt4 - Ref5 - Wil7 | Perc5, Darkvision | Spe25 | Conditions: None
    Spells:
    Cantrips: Detect Magic, Shield, Guidance, Stabilize, Prestidigitation. Focus [1pt]: Weapon Surge 1st: Heal [•••] Magic Weapon [•] Spirit Link [•]

    "FANCY FRIEND! KLATZU NEED HELP!" Klatzu is referring to Tresten.

    If Tresten is busy:

    Klatzu does not have Thievery, but he does have several other effects that he could try to creatively use here on GM's discretion. Klatzu does have both Heal spells and a vial of Holy Water, and depending on how the GM rules Positive Energy interacting with undead corpses, I was thinking its possible he could apply it like an acid to eat away at the tissues surrounding the Wayfinder to make it easier to retrieve.

    Alternatively, Klatzu is trained in Medicine, so with GM's discretion, he could perhaps perform surgery on the horse to retrieve it at a penalty.

    Thirdly, if Klatzu finds out that he is short on time, he will chop the part containing the wayfinder off from the rest of the horse's corpse and carry it with us until we find a better place to dig through the remains.

    Otherwise, Klatzu will begin hacking the horse to pieces unless told not to.

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 15/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    Emdi is busy sawing at the zombie horse's head when Klatzu cries out.

    "I got this," an oblivious Emdi says.

    Thievery: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

    He's still struggling with the wayfinder when Hiro shouts out.

    "No time for love, Doctor Jones!"

    Emdi grabs his shortbow and looks where Hiro is pointing.

    Vigilant Seal

    Male Human Monk 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +6 | Perc: +4, Stealth: +6 | Speed 30ft |Hero Points: 1/1 | Focus Pool: 1/1| Reactions: None | Conditions: None

    Bellamin turns his head to look at Hiro. "What do you mean? What's coming?"


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Now that it is re-dead, it is merely a corpse, no longer undead, so holy water and heal won't help, but I will allow a Medicine check to try to get it out quickly. Failing that, it will require time.

    Is anyone investigating the sound Hiro heard?

    Grand Archive

    Female Human Bard 01| HP 17/17 | AC 17 (18) | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +6 | Perc +6 | Performance +7 | Speed 25' | Melee +6/+1/-4 (1d6) | Ranged +6 (1d8) | Hero Points 01 | Focus Points 2/2 |

    Religion Lore: 1d20 ⇒ 16

    Bellona considers Emdi actions and shakes her head at him:"That's not how you kill a zombie... they can be reanimated even without their head attached!" she comments before cautiously moving towards the origins of the strange breathing sound.

    Perception check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

    I moved Bellona where she can spy on the point of origin of the strange sound without coming to near to it

    Envoy's Alliance

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    M Goblin Cleric 1 | HP19 | AC15 | Frt4 - Ref5 - Wil7 | Perc5, Darkvision | Spe25 | Conditions: None
    Spells:
    Cantrips: Detect Magic, Shield, Guidance, Stabilize, Prestidigitation. Focus [1pt]: Weapon Surge 1st: Heal [•••] Magic Weapon [•] Spirit Link [•]

    Medicine: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

    Klatzu, annoyed by the stuck-ness of the Wayfinder, prepares himself for the operation. "STEP ASIDE! KLATZU CONDUCT EXTREEEEEME SURGERY!" Klatzu will ready his scrap sword and begin using it as the world's clunkiest scalpel. Versatile Slashing/Piercing, so why not! Looking more like a lumberjack than a surgeon, Klatzu's improper instrument is somehow still effective, and although the wounds are much larger than those inflicted by a scalpel, he still seems surprisingly effective.


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Somehow Klatzu manages to use his sword to "carefully" perform "surgery" on the equine cadaver. At the end, he is covered in gore, but is the proud owner of a wayfinder etched with the initials "C.M."

    Meanwhile, Bellona moves up and peers around the corner, where she is surprised to find a fully alive and reasonably healthy horse. It wears full barding, saddle, and saddlebags. The barding bears a Glyph of the Open Road and is decorated in gold and green. The saddle is clearly engraved, but reading it will require getting closer, and the horse seems a bit skittish at the moment.

    DC 12 Society:
    Green and Gold are the colors of the nation of Katapesh.

    Approaching the horse will require a Nature check to Command an Animal to prevent it from shying away.

    Grand Archive

    HP: 15/15 / AC 18 (+2 Nimble Dodge) / F/R/W: +4/+9/+6 / Rapier +7 1d6+4 / Perception +6

    Society: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

    Tresten seems to know nearly everything. "Those are the colors of Katapesh."

    Radiant Oath

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 15/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    Nature untrained.

    "I'm pretty sure that's a horse."

    Society untrained.

    "And I'm almost positive that Katapesh is a country."

    Vigilant Seal

    Male, NG, Human | HP 19/19 AC: 17 | F: +8 R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +4 (T)
    Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    "I've no skill with horses, but I don't want to leave it behind. Mayhaps there's a rider that should be close by?"

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 15/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    If we are still in combat mode and using the map, Emdi will move southward along the western edge of the square and see if there is anyone in the buildings.

    The horse shouldn't be able to see me so it shouldn't be spooked.

    101 to 150 of 293 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS2] GM Rinaldo's Escaping the Grave (1-03) All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.