[PFS2] GM Rinaldo's Escaping the Grave (1-03)

Game Master The Great Rinaldo!

Maps and Handouts


251 to 300 of 372 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Radiant Oath

NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 12/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

Emdi's ready to move on as well, but can we take ooc stock of what we have so far? We found Gibb's body and Larraz's horse, plus two unidentified bodies, one a servant of Iomedae?

Vigilant Seal

Male, NG, Human | HP 19/19 AC: 17 | F: +8 R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +4 (T)
Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    I was called upon to run this at a convention, so I now know what matters. I'll defer to others so as to not metagame.

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 12/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    Emdi votes to move on and take whatever we can in the cart, including unidentified bodies (for a proper burial).


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Emdi, could you please use [ ooc ] tags to mark your out-of-character remarks? It really helps me.

    I do need to know what all you are loading on the cart and what any individuals are carrying. Also, part of your task is to identify the lost pathfinders, so if you believe any of these corpses are Pathfinders, let me know who you think you have.

    Grand Archive

    Female Human Bard 01| HP 17/17 | AC 17 (18) | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +6 | Perc +6 | Performance +7 | Speed 25' | Melee +6/+1/-4 (1d6) | Ranged +6 (1d8) | Hero Points 01 | Focus Points 2/2 |

    "I say we bring any suspicious body with us for later identification. The guy inside the chapel for example might just be one of our fallen camerades... and even if he's not... giving him a decent burial won't hurt" Bellona suggests as she secures her new quadruped friend to the makeshift cart.

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 12/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    The body in the chapel is a small sized worshipper of Sarenrae, and I propose it is Gibb Pottsmasher.

    The body in the inn is a worshipper of Iomedae. That doesn't fit any descriptions.

    The body in the exterior is unknown.

    The horse is Larraz's, but we don't have a body to match with it.

    I didn't catalog the items found (there was at least one nameless wayfinder). I assume all the items add up to significantly less Bulk than the bodies - that is, the most important decision is how many bodies to take, and the items are a rounding error. I advocate taking all the bodies, especially if we can hook up the cart to the horse. If we totally run out of space later, we can sacrifice unidentified bodies for identified bodies.


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Does anyone have anything to add? There is room in the cart for the bodies and the things you found, I just need to know what you are taking along.

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 12/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    Items I noted on a readthrough: wayfinder with "C.M." engraved, wayfinder with nothing engraved, historical/census documents, money, oats, cold iron buckler. Anyone note anything missing?

    Emdi sees everyone staring at him.

    "Yeah, yeah, I get it, I wasn't super helpful so I have to load the cart."

    He loads up the bodies, arms respectfully crossed on their chests.

    "I suppose we're also going to make the donkey carry all the items."

    He'll carry the objects in his backpack and offer the shield to everyone. If nobody wants it, he'll strap it on.

    With errataed Bulk rules, Emdi has 2 extra Bulk. I assume we are using errataed rules even though they were not in effect at the beginning od the campaign?

    Grand Archive

    Female Human Bard 01| HP 17/17 | AC 17 (18) | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +6 | Perc +6 | Performance +7 | Speed 25' | Melee +6/+1/-4 (1d6) | Ranged +6 (1d8) | Hero Points 01 | Focus Points 2/2 |

    I can't see anything missing. I think we are good to go

    Envoy's Alliance

    M Goblin Cleric 1 | HP19 (7 current)| AC15 | Frt4 - Ref5 - Wil7 | Perc5, Darkvision | Spe25 | Conditions: None
    Spells:
    Cantrips: Detect Magic, Shield, Guidance, Stabilize, Prestidigitation. Focus [1pt]: Weapon Surge 1st: Heal [•••] Magic Weapon [•] Spirit Link [•]

    Klatzu found the Inn sign had some importance as well so we'll bring it too. If it doesn't fit, Klatzu will gladly carry his sign with him as a literal sign of pride.


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    After an hour of exploring the town, you pack your finds onto the cart, hook up the horse Desert Wind, and follow the path toward the college. The trip there is uneventful. And very conveniently takes exactly 10 minutes. ;-) It has now been 70 minutes since you first arrived at the town.

    ==================

    Although run down, Goldenflame College still bears signs of its once-beautiful architecture: dirty and ivy-wrapped columns, majestic archways, and a partially intact stained-glass window portraying Iomedae herself.

    DC12 Society or Architecture Lore:
    The architecture is the pre-Cheliax style that was popular in Vellumis.

    Two wide staircases lead into the college, and centered above them is the religious symbol of Iomedae. Engraved into the graying stone is “Goldenflame College, Est. 4083 ar.” A pair of sweeping staircases lead to a veranda across the entire front of the college, with entrances to a reception area and the main hall on either side.

    Lying face down on the porch is a small sized body. Its hand is outstretched toward the door of Goldenflame College. The body is clad in dirtied white-and-red robes with gold trim, shredded from the back as though by cruel claws. A small notebook has fallen nearby, its pages stained with dried blood.

    So now we have a combination of "explore the building" and "make investigation checks". Opening doors to see what is beyond doesn't take significant time, but making investigation checks takes 10 minutes, as before. I have added a slide listing the investigations that are available and will add to it as we go. Any time you want to stop to make investigation checks, everyone tell me which (if any) of the checks you are trying and your bonus. Anyone not making a check is considered to be simply watching.

    There are three investigation checks you can make here, or you can open the doors into the college and look around first to see what else there might be to do.

    The doors in this map are hard to see, so I will mark the locations of doors you haven't opened yet with yellow arrows.

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 12/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    I can't open the maps but will assume that, like the town, these are mostly Perception, Medicine, and Religion checks. Emdi's best skills are Acrobatics, Stealth, Diplomacy, and Performance, so if one of those checks is applicable he'll gravitate towards those.

    Emdi will start with the body by the entrance (Religion +3 or Perception +3).

    Vigilant Seal

    Male, NG, Human | HP 19/19 AC: 17 | F: +8 R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +4 (T)
    Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    Satisfied with the packing of relics and information, Hiro focuses on the college now.

    Society: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16 "The architecture is the pre-Cheliax style that was popular in Vellumis. I'm surprised I know that. The only reason I do was because there was an article on it in an issue of the Pathfinder Chronicles I had on best practices in Scouting."

    He then turns his attention to the body: Perception +4, Religion +1


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Emdi, I can't imagine what the issue is. Here is a new link, see if this makes a difference: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1-eNxh80jIb7GXKvYctHehzr8805j8wCk0Po Y0AIpj1E/edit?usp=sharing

    The currently available checks are Medicine/Perception on the body, Religion/Society on his clothing and accessories, and Society/Academia Lore on his notebook.

    There are plenty of doors to open, so feel free to indicate you are exploring before settling into your first investigation round.

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 12/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    I don't know what the issue is either, but I think it's on my end. The link doesn't work if I click it (Google Slides tries to open it), but if I copy and paste it into a Web browser, I am able to read it (but not edit). I will uninstall and reinstall Google Crap on my phone and see if that fixes it.

    Emdi will open one of the doors in the middle (the ones that face each other).


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Emdi opens one of the doors and finds a reception area. A dusty sofa and small chairs are the only furnishings that remain in this modest room. Two small windows to the east look out over the front lawn, and doors exit to the north, west, and south.

    Nothing to see or do here.

    Vigilant Seal

    Male Human Monk 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18{19} | F: +6, R: +8, W: +6 | Perc: +4, Stealth: +6 | Speed 30ft |Hero Points: 1/1 | Focus Pool: 1/1| Reactions: None | Conditions: Crane Stance

    Bellamin joins Hiro in examining the body, trying to learn more about who this person was.

    Religion +4

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 12/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    If we can open more doors, Emdi will open the one in the middle.


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    You can open doors all you want, I just need to know which ones and where you are going, as there may be surprises behind some ;-)

    Opening the doors into the main building reveals a once-grand entry. , Now this cavernous hall mostly resembles a cave: dark and dank. Dirt and standing water obscure the once-pristine white and gray tile, and stone colonnades stretching to the ceiling are covered in grime and mold. Sweeping staircases to the northwest and southwest lead upward, as does a spiral staircase. Smashed statues and torn paintings line the walls here: the signs of a struggle. Several doors exit to various rooms to the north, south, and east.

    Investigation here uses Society to study the remaining art and architecture.

    Grand Archive

    Female Human Bard 01| HP 17/17 | AC 17 (18) | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +6 | Perc +6 | Performance +7 | Speed 25' | Melee +6/+1/-4 (1d6) | Ranged +6 (1d8) | Hero Points 01 | Focus Points 2/2 |

    "How creepy... but I suppose it was to be expected. After all these are not called the Gravelands for nothing..." Bellona sighs as she starts studying the dead body.

    Perception on body outside the main entrance

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 12/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    Emdi feels like we should search the rooms until there is enough for each of us to work in parallel.

    "Come on, guys, let's just open one more closed door in a creepy abandoned college in the middle of an undead-infested wasteland. Amirite guys?"

    Grand Archive

    HP: 15/15 / AC 18 (+2 Nimble Dodge) / F/R/W: +4/+9/+6 / Rapier +7 1d6+4 / Perception +6

    Tresten investigates inside the main lobby which was just entered. He has an eye for art, after all, being both a member of the Grand Archive and a renowned thief art enthusiast.

    Society: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

    Vigilant Seal

    Male, NG, Human | HP 19/19 AC: 17 | F: +8 R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +4 (T)
    Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    Not being equipped for the task at hand, Hiro keeps his eyes peeled for anything untoward.

    Envoy's Alliance

    M Goblin Cleric 1 | HP19 (7 current)| AC15 | Frt4 - Ref5 - Wil7 | Perc5, Darkvision | Spe25 | Conditions: None
    Spells:
    Cantrips: Detect Magic, Shield, Guidance, Stabilize, Prestidigitation. Focus [1pt]: Weapon Surge 1st: Heal [•••] Magic Weapon [•] Spirit Link [•]

    ”KLATZU ACCEPT CHALLENGE!”

    Klatzu will follow in and open whatever closed door is closest to Emdi to prove he is a brave trailblazer.

    ”Klatzu not fear Evil that doors hide!”


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Klatzu runs in and picks a door at random to open. It reveals a small work area with nothing but broken furniture. Not satisfied, he opens the door on the far side of the room, revealing some sort of lounge. The velvet-lined sofa pushed up against the north wall is caked in dust. Broken chairs rest in the southwest. A small closet and empty office, both with their doors torn off or kicked in, are to the west. Closed wooden doors lead to the east and south.

    GM Screen:
    1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

    Klatzu:
    You hear the sound of a longshanks breathing hard coming from either under or behind the sofa.

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 12/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    Emdi is running along with Klatzu as he opens doors.

    A reminder that I have the Glimpse of Redemption reaction, so by default I will hang out between 5' and 15' behind him.


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    GM Screen:
    1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

    Emdi can read Klatzu's spoiler above.

    Vigilant Seal

    Male, NG, Human | HP 19/19 AC: 17 | F: +8 R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +4 (T)
    Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    "What?! Hey! What's going on?"


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Hiro, what are you responding to? You aren't aware of anything other than the two of them opening doors.

    Vigilant Seal

    Male, NG, Human | HP 19/19 AC: 17 | F: +8 R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +4 (T)
    Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    I meant to have my response be to that, them opening doors. I'll rephrase:

    "What do you see in there?"

    Grand Archive

    Female Human Bard 01| HP 17/17 | AC 17 (18) | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +6 | Perc +6 | Performance +7 | Speed 25' | Melee +6/+1/-4 (1d6) | Ranged +6 (1d8) | Hero Points 01 | Focus Points 2/2 |

    Bellona's action was posted above

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 12/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    GM, Klatzu:
    Emdi steps up next to Klatzu and calls out, "We're from the Pathfinder Society. We're here to help you, if you're not undead." Emdi has his bow out, in case it's undead.

    "Hey guys, there's someone hiding in here!"

    Grand Archive

    HP: 15/15 / AC 18 (+2 Nimble Dodge) / F/R/W: +4/+9/+6 / Rapier +7 1d6+4 / Perception +6

    Am I to take it that Tresten learned nothing?


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Trestan: We haven't done an investigation round yet while Klatzu and Emdi have been opening doors. Once everyone is ready to stop and do an investigation, I'll roll for everyone.

    From behind the sofa, Klatzu and Emdi hear a voice say, "...Pathfinders? Truly? Who sent you? Can you show me a Wayfinder to prove who you are?"

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 12/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    Emdi pulls out the blank wayfinder from his backpack.

    "Gotta be honest bro, this is my first mission and I don't have one of my own. But we've been collecting ones we find to return to the Society because we know how important they are. Evni Zongnoss sent us."

    Emdi says the command word to activate the wayfinder's light.

    Vigilant Seal

    Male, NG, Human | HP 19/19 AC: 17 | F: +8 R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +4 (T)
    Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    Can stragglers not in the room hear the voice?


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    The voice is only audible in the room, but you can tell that Emdi is talking to someone.

    A hand sticks up behind the sofa, followed by the rest of a very bedraggled half-orc. He is clearly in shock and malnourished, but seeing you appears to have a great restorative effect on him.

    "Larraz Virtanne, originally from Katapesh, lately working with Captain Zongnoss. My team was overrun, and I haven't been able to get very far before running into more undead, so I've been hiding out here, hoping someone would come. I don't suppose you've seen anyone else from my team? Gibb, Kailli, or Pierces-the-Tide? Or ... Desert Wind, my faithful mount?"

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 12/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    Emdi beckons him into the light. Does he look hurt (including the possibility that he has a fatal wound)?

    "We found Desert Wind and he's been helping us pull a cart. We also found Gibb's body, along with two others we couldn't identify.

    Is there anyone else here - alive, dead, or undead?"

    If this doesn't appear to be a trap, Emdi offers him some rations to eat and a dagger to wield.

    Grand Archive

    Female Human Bard 01| HP 17/17 | AC 17 (18) | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +6 | Perc +6 | Performance +7 | Speed 25' | Melee +6/+1/-4 (1d6) | Ranged +6 (1d8) | Hero Points 01 | Focus Points 2/2 |

    Bellona keeps studying the dead body until it seems clear it's not going to reveal any secrets to her. Grumbling she then enters the buidling and is surprised to find someone alive:"Oh... good! Someone survived it seems! Perhaps this mission was not a complete waste of time after all. Now handsome fellow... who would you be exactly? Bryrigar Hassen or Larraz Virtanne? And more importantly, do you think anyone else survived?"

    Diplomacy check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

    Vigilant Seal

    Male Human Monk 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18{19} | F: +6, R: +8, W: +6 | Perc: +4, Stealth: +6 | Speed 30ft |Hero Points: 1/1 | Focus Pool: 1/1| Reactions: None | Conditions: Crane Stance

    His examinations interrupted by the sound of conversation, Bellamin leaves the body and follows the noises to their origin. He is quite relieved to see they've found another living person after all.

    Envoy's Alliance

    M Goblin Cleric 1 | HP19 (7 current)| AC15 | Frt4 - Ref5 - Wil7 | Perc5, Darkvision | Spe25 | Conditions: None
    Spells:
    Cantrips: Detect Magic, Shield, Guidance, Stabilize, Prestidigitation. Focus [1pt]: Weapon Surge 1st: Heal [•••] Magic Weapon [•] Spirit Link [•]

    Klatzu, in the midst of everyone's concerns, will loudly declare, "Are you hurt? LET KLATZU HEAL YOU!"

    Klatzu not know much, but Klatzu know how to check for undeath! Worst case scenario, he heals an injured man; best case scenario he rats out a zombie. Klatzu feels confident using a heal for this, besides, Emdi seems to still be missing 3hp so this'll hopefully fix that.

    Considering Klatzu very loudly proclaimed his intent before casting, feel free to have any potential undead here interrupt my casting.

    3-act Heal, DC 15 if relevant: 1d10 ⇒ 10

    Nice.

    Vigilant Seal

    Male, NG, Human | HP 19/19 AC: 17 | F: +8 R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +4 (T)
    Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    Hiro moves to the doorway, keeping watch as the the others talk. He peeks in to get a look at the other voice, but otherwise stays vigilant.

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 12/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    "Emdi thank Klatzu! I mean, thanks Klatzu."


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

    Bellona: I think you may have misread my post - the man identified himself and asked you if you had found any of his companions. Given that really good Diplomacy check, I'm good for you to change what exactly you are saying and asking him.

    The half-orc seem heartened by seeing so many pathfinders here to rescue him, and when Klatzu uses the power of his god (which god, by the way? I don't see it on your profile...) to heal everyone, he looks much better. He is still clearly in shock and malnourished, but he is not wounded at all. Best yet, the burst of positive energy does not reveal any undead.

    Hearing that you found his horse, he struggles to hold back tears. "He is an amazing beast - managed to keep himself safe all by himself!"

    To Emdi's question, he replies, "As of right now, I think we are the only creatures in the building, but undead make a fairly regular appearance. We should probably not linger too long."

    At this point you can open more doors, go upstairs, or select a round of investigation checks to make.

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 12/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    Does everyone feel like there are enough checks for everyone to be productive? There is the body outside and the main hall. If not, I suggest we run around and open doors until we either have a third thing to check or we find something nasty.

    Emdi gives Larraz a dagger (he's welcome to use my glaive too, if he's proficient) and tells him to stay close to one of the monks.

    Grand Archive

    Female Human Bard 01| HP 17/17 | AC 17 (18) | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +6 | Perc +6 | Performance +7 | Speed 25' | Melee +6/+1/-4 (1d6) | Ranged +6 (1d8) | Hero Points 01 | Focus Points 2/2 |

    I noticed but Bellona wasn't there with the others when Larraz identified himself. Anyway I can certainly ask more poignant questions

    "Well, then... can you tell us about your circumstances? How did you get here? Who or what attacked you? Is there a chance someone else from your old crew was left alive?" Bellona asks her new half-orc aquaintance.

    Vigilant Seal

    Male, NG, Human | HP 19/19 AC: 17 | F: +8 R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +4 (T)
    Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    Good for opening doors.

    Hiro moves in to address the man, "Stay safe. You're important and what you know is important. We're going to check this place out."

    Envoy's Alliance

    M Goblin Cleric 1 | HP19 (7 current)| AC15 | Frt4 - Ref5 - Wil7 | Perc5, Darkvision | Spe25 | Conditions: None
    Spells:
    Cantrips: Detect Magic, Shield, Guidance, Stabilize, Prestidigitation. Focus [1pt]: Weapon Surge 1st: Heal [•••] Magic Weapon [•] Spirit Link [•]

    Klatzu will continuing opening doors to the south until he hits the exterior wall.

    "Klatzu glad friend safe. Friend should eat up. Klatzu go open more doors now!" Klatzu will hand his new acquaintance a ration from his pack before going back inside to explore.

    Radiant Oath

    NG Human (Nidalese) Male Champion (Shelyn) 1 | HP 12/18* | AC 18 | Perception +3 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +5 | Speed 25' | Active Conditions: *Drained 1

    Emdi stays with Klatzu and Hiro and tries to stay within 10' of them.


    Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror
    Bellona Valertis wrote:
    "Well, then... can you tell us about your circumstances? How did you get here? Who or what attacked you? Is there a chance someone else from your old crew was left alive?" Bellona asks her new half-orc aquaintance.

    "When the forces of Tar-Baphon began their assault on Lastwall, my group was trapped, with no path of retreat. We started slowly crossing Lastwall, trying to make our way back to Ustalav. About a month ago, arrived to find Goldenflame already fallen. There was a skirmish with undead, and I was separated from the group. With no supported, I ran to the college. I've been living here ever since, subsisting on what little I can find in the area. I would like to believe the rest of the group made it out, but if you found Gibb dead, I can't hold out much hope for the rest."

    ================

    While Bellona speaks with Lirraz, Klatzu and Hiro look to the south. A spacious classroom still contains some relatively intact seating and a dusty old rug. To the west, the floor is sodden, and part of it has collapsed, revealing a hole filled with shattered bookshelves, broken chairs, and other decor. Klatzu sees a faint glint of something metallic in the hole.

    Adding an investigation activity for searching the classroom, and another for climbing into the hole.

    251 to 300 of 372 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS2] GM Rinaldo's Escaping the Grave (1-03) All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.