[PFS2_Luke_Parry] 01-11: Flames of Rebellion

Game Master Luke_Parry

Maps and Handouts


1,251 to 1,300 of 1,928 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara is almost offended at how this is going. Not because the would-be revolutionaries are attacking them, but how they're handling the whole thing.

"Really? Kid," (despite the fact that the man is close to her own age and may in fact be slightly older), "This is not how you run a revolution. I don't know much about your kings past or present, but asking random strangers to join your cause and then trying to kill them for asking questions...it's bad press. What kind of leaders would you make, if murder is your go-to solution to people not immediately agreeing with you?"

"Plus," she adds, as she starts waving her sword in an oddly distracting fashion, "You need to learn to notice when you're out of your league."

Feint: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

+1 Striking Shortsword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 vs FF
S. Damage, SA: 2d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 5) + 1 + (5) = 13

Interact to draw shortsword, Feint, Strike Yellow.

Sovereign Court

Hannah jabs twice at the rebel in front of her, and she hears some ribs crack!

Deshacerla then wards Bair, before stepping back.

Mara, once again quite affronted by her opponents, distracts Yellow, and then shanks him.

Adalan-BOT:

Adalan then concentrates, and tosses a brace of force missiles at Chops...

Magic Missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3, 2) + 3 = 12.

...blowing the red-haired-man's head clean off!

With cries of "For Chops!" the remaining rebels draw shortswords, and press their attack!

Shortsword(Bair): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 = 19, for 1d6 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (1) = 7 damage.
Shortsword(Bair): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 = 9, for 1d6 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 3 + (3) = 11 damage.

One manages a glancing blow on Bair...

Shortsword(Hannah): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 = 17, for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 damage.
Shortsword(Hannah): 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 2 = 18, for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 damage.

...Blue, likewise, manages a glancing blow on Hannah...

Shortsword(Mara): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 = 19, for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 damage.
Shortsword(Mara): 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 2 = 21, for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 damage.

...as does Yellow, against Mara!

Down With the Royalist Scum!, Round 2:

Dran'Thor
Bair (-7)
Adalan
Hannah (-7)
Deshacerla
Mara (-4)
ER (-, -18, -13, -)

Party is up!

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

Who is Chops?

The dwarf, a bit surprised, takes his battleaxe, goes behind the foe, and swings.

Battleaxe 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 VS FF

Damage 1: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Let me one, let me one.

Vigilant Seal

CN Gnome Sorceress 3 | HP: 35/35| AC 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric, Evil| Perc: +6 | Stealth: +7 | 25ft | Focus: 0/1; Hero Pts: 0/1 | Spells 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 1/3| Active Conditions: Shield Other (Bair).
Familiar Stats:
HP 10/10 | AC 16 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +7 | Perc/Stealth +6; Darkvision

A bit shocked at the explosion, Deshacerla smiles. "Well, I suppose you didn't need Her blessing on that one..."

Bits of blue energy form between her fingertips as she sighs. "Well...seems your revolution won't be lasting very long after all."

The little gnome steps around her companions to get a better angle and...the electricity surges outward, arching over Bair.

Electric Arc vs Green and Red: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Basic Reflex DC 18

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Bair grunts in pain and yells, "FO CHOPS! I'll GIVYA FO CHOPS! WUN, TOO..."

Rage (AC 19, TEMP HP +4), Strike 2x (Green first, if drops, Red)

+1 Striking Shortsword: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 for Slashing + Rage: 2d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2, 3) + 4 + 1 = 10

+1 Striking Shortsword - MAP: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 9 - 4 = 19 for Slashing + Rage: 2d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 + 1 = 8

He does not seem to notice his hair standing on end as the crackle of electricity passes over him.

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 12/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

Adalan sends more tendrils of lightning crackling past his allies at whichever two revolutionaries are nearest of those still standing.

Electric Arc Damage @Yellow+Blue: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 with a DC 18 basic Reflex save.

Grand Archive

LG Human (Emissary) Fighter (1) | Max HP: 18 28 | AC: 19 20 | Fort +5 +6, Reflex +6 +7, Will +3 +4 | Perception +5 +6 | See profile for skills | Speed 20 ft.

Hannah breathes a sigh of relief when the dwarf steps behind the thug, "Thank you, Dran'Thor!"

Hannah begins her assault with a flourish...

Bo Staff, Level Bump: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 = 18 vs FF
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

Flurry, Level Bump: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 - 5 = 4 vs FF
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

...then releases one hand from her staff, draws a healing potion from her pouch, and drinks it!

Healed for: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Sovereign Court

Dran'Thor moves around, and then with a powerful swing, severs Blue's spine.

Bair, incensed, viciously hacks at Green, but only manages to lightly wound the man.

Adalan then channels electricity between Red and Yellow...

Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18.
Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25.

...but both manage to dodge the worst of the blast.

Hannah then steps up, and smartly raps Red across the torso with her staff, before quickly downing a potion.

Deshacerla then channels electricity between Green and Red, narrowly avoiding Bair...

Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26.
Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28.

...but in an effort not to hit her ally, the blast only lightly singes one, whilst it is completely avoided by the other.

Down With the Royalist Scum!, Round 2:

Dran'Thor
Bair (-7)
Adalan
Hannah
Deshacerla
Mara (-4)
ER (-13, -17, -8)

Mara is up!

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara's eyes widen as 'Chops' has his head blasted off by Adalan's missiles. Oops. She hadn't really wanted to kill these people if it could be avoided, but then again they were the ones to start the conflict in the first place. "Like I said, out of your league," she murmurs before once again striking at the soldier in front of her.

+1 Striking Shortsword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 vs FF
S. Damage, SA: 2d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 2) + 1 + (2) = 7

+1 Striking Shortsword, MAP: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 4 = 22 vs FF
S. Damage, SA: 2d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 2) + 1 + (5) = 14

Once her opponent falls, Mara takes a circuitous route to get behind the man threatening Bair.

If the first hit killed Yellow, Mara's actions are Strike, Stride, and then the second Strike would be for Green. Otherwise she Strikes twice and then Strides. I marked her path in red on the map; it shouldn't have provoked an AOO.

Sovereign Court

Like a gory goddess of war, Mara cuts down Yellow, then moves across, and cuts down Green!

Swallowing hard, Red drops his weapon, and flees.

Combat over.

Searching the bodies reveals mundane equipment, but on Chops (the red-haired man) there is a brief hand-written note.

Slide 4.

There are multiple things that you can do now; what do you wish to do next?

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Bair looks around, debates chasing after the last dude then shrugs. He wipes the small bit of blood off his fancy new blade and turns to Mara, "Goddany mo bandages?"

Heal up (20 minutes it appears will do that) and then go look for relatives of that one pathfinder? I think tonight we'll have a revolution against a Milani worshipper (which is hilarious) to investigate, but tis early.

Verdant Wheel

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

Well I was right asking to let me one. They were done quickly. Now just let hope that the fleeing one don't come back with an army.

The dwarf cleans his battleaxe because it must also be cleaned after a use.

Do we go have a look in the town now?

Sovereign Court

Certainly!

Heading back to town takes a few hours, so it is around lunch-time when you get back. Asking around town reveals that the Crispin family has quite a long history in the area and they have grown to be a prominent member of Artume, so questioning a few residents is enough to locate the family house.

The house is a quite narrow three-story building in the better part of Artume, though it looks a bit timeworn. The matriarch of the family is named Aula Crispin, a gray-haired half-elf woman dressed in a green gown. She’s widowed and lives with a local housemaid. Her children have already moved to houses of their own. After politely explaining the situation, she admits that she still has one of Pavo's journals, which details where Napsunar and the rest of the Pathfinders went.

If you would like to take a look at it, I will need a Diplomacy check.

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Bair stands back, letting the pretty looking gnome do all the talking. After all, she was the one who was chattering on and on about how it isn't what you say, but how you say it. She must know something about talking all nice and stuff.

Bair can give it a try, but DC (and Adalan) are a lot better at talking than he.

Verdant Wheel

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

Seeing Bair looking at Deshacerla to speak to the woman, the dwarf has the same thoughts. She should be the best for the task. And in the case things go worst they will go to help as they do to take her back from the wolf's belly.

So he's waiting for her to clear his magnificent voice to entertain the woman in such a thrilled manner that she will let them have a look at the journal.

But previously he had taken care of the wounds of Bair and Mara.

Bair: Natural medicine, treat wound, DC 15: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Healing: 2d8 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7

Mara: Natural medicine, treat wound, DC 15: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Healing: 2d8 ⇒ (2, 7) = 9

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara spends a few minutes bandaging up both Bair and herself before they head into town.

Healing, Bair: 2d8 ⇒ (7, 3) = 10
Healing, Mara: 2d8 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6

Mara smiles at Aula. "Oh, you have one of Pavo's journals? Is there any chance we could take a quick look at it? We're trying to investigate the history of this area, and specifically find out what happened to Napsunar." She turns the brightness of her smile up a notch. "It would mean a lot, and we'd be certain to come back later with any other details we discover."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Edit: Ninjaed! Mara and Dran'Thor were apparently working together to get everyone perfectly healthy.

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Thanks Dran'Thor for the healing! I often forget that you have that ability as well since Mara uses hers so much in combat. Also, my bad about missing that Mara is actually our most diplomatic PC. I didn't see she has it at Expert Level already, whoops!

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

Mara can act in combat. I can simply heal the wounded ones after the fight. But I think quite well indeed. In the wilderness it's easier and I should be allowed a +2.

Sovereign Court

Listening carefully to Mara's words, the woman nods thoughtfully, and acquiesces to allowing you to review the family's keepsakes.

Which counts as another treasure bundle ;-)

What would you like to do next?

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

Do we still have time before to go for the "appointment" we have (slide 4)?

Sovereign Court

Of course!

Sovereign Court

*cough* Of course, I will need some direction as to what you want to do ;-) Options include talking to the VC, trying to get an audience with the King, readying an ambush for the rebels / simply going to talk with them... really, there are lots of options ;-)

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 12/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

"Perhaps we should try to meet with the new king and get a sense of what kind of ruler he really is?" Adalan suggests. "The revolutionaries obviously didn't make the best impression, but if he isn't any better then trying to thwart whatever they're planning might not be worth it."

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

We can also go back to the venture-captain to report what we have found. Perhaps he already knows something. And he could tell us where is the interest of the Society.

Vigilant Seal

CN Gnome Sorceress 3 | HP: 35/35| AC 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric, Evil| Perc: +6 | Stealth: +7 | 25ft | Focus: 0/1; Hero Pts: 0/1 | Spells 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 1/3| Active Conditions: Shield Other (Bair).
Familiar Stats:
HP 10/10 | AC 16 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +7 | Perc/Stealth +6; Darkvision

"I'm with Adalan. Lets have ourselves a look-see at this 'king'. All we have to go by currently is hearsay. There's nothing more satisfying than looking a gift horse in the mouth, right?"

"You never know, we may decide we want to join the rebels after all...or even settle down and raise a family of our own here."

Sovereign Court

Rule of two!

Approaching the Keep:

A path winds up to the steepest part of the rocky hill where the Gildtmede Keep stands. This stretch of steep rock separates the keep from the town that stretches on the gentler slopes below. The path ends at a sturdy wooden gate covered by several arrow slits. A guard clad in a blue surcoat raises one hand while a crossbow rests in his lap, politely asking:

“On what business do you approach the keep?”

Vigilant Seal

CN Gnome Sorceress 3 | HP: 35/35| AC 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric, Evil| Perc: +6 | Stealth: +7 | 25ft | Focus: 0/1; Hero Pts: 0/1 | Spells 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 1/3| Active Conditions: Shield Other (Bair).
Familiar Stats:
HP 10/10 | AC 16 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +7 | Perc/Stealth +6; Darkvision

"Oh, us? Why, my dear sir, we simply wish to pay our respects to the majestic ruler of these parts. Being travelers of a sort, we've not encountered many that rule is the ways of this land."

"It's quite a glorious realm and we would find ourselves wanting if we didn't take the opportunity to grace his presence. We understand such a man would likely have a busy schedule...but if it wouldn't be too much a bother, might we just pop in? We promise to be quick."

Deception(Trained): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Going to use a Hero Point to reroll that...decent chance I can do better...

Deception(Trained): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Well...at least it improved slightly

Charming Liar Feat (if relevant):

Your charm allows you to win over those you lie to. When you get a critical success using the Lie action, the target’s attitude toward you improves by one step, as though you’d succeeded at using Diplomacy to Make an Impression. This works only once per conversation, and if you critically succeed against multiple targets using the same result, you choose one creature’s attitude to improve. You must be lying to impart seemingly important information, inflate your status, or ingratiate yourself, which trivial or irrelevant lies can’t achieve.

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara (barely) resists the urge to slap her forehead. She isn't entirely sure why they're here herself, (in her admittedly limited experience with kings, they didn't usually grant audiences to random strangers), but she's pretty sure that Deshacerla's over-the-top flattery was doing more harm than good for their chances.

Hmmm. If I were a guard, and people were asking for an audience with the king, what would be the most likely to make me grant it...

"Please forgive us for disturbing you. The truth is, in the process of investigating an old Pathfinder Lodge we found people who were apparently trying to incite some kind of revolution. We wished to inform the king so that he could be kept abreast of potential threats to his rule."

Diplomacy?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

She's mostly telling the truth here, but if the king seems to be a jackass she has no intention of telling him about the note they found or anything else of particular use. So it could be either Diplomacy or Deception, but Mara's modifier is the same either way so it doesn't really matter.

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Bair looks over at DC, Da we needa hideowr missun? Ooooh, mebbe dis washe meanby 'how you say' naw 'wha you say'.

He gives a nice toothy grin when Mara steps in to clarify, "Yus, we trydo righ thin."

Sovereign Court

The guard gives Deshacerla a rather bemused look.

"I'm sorry, little one, but the King is rather busy at present, and isn't really ready to see tourists..."

His voice trails off as he listens to what Mara has to say, his expression growing sombre.

"Ah! Why didn't you say so in the first place? Of course you come in and talk about that."

So saying, he opens the gate, and ushers you inside, where a Page takes you to the throne room.

A wide red carpet runs across this hall of white stone, leading from a pair of iron doors to a dais with two thrones. Several statues and trophies line the walls of the hall as chandeliers light up the room. Light from outside shines through skylights set in the ceiling.

A young man, crowned with a simple circlet of gold, sits on one of the thrones, whilst an older woman sits in the throne to his left. To his right stands a half-elf dressed in a simple robe, emblazoned on the chest of which is the holy symbol of Milani.

The King looks up from his conversation with the half-elf, and smiles warmly, although it is obvious that he is tired.

"Greetings! What can I do for you today?"

Verdant Wheel

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf stays muted even if he knows some good words to say in such circumstances. But that's more the Mara's, Adalan's or Deshacerla's part.

He's all in all suspicious with the half-elf. He doesn't know if it's the holy symbol worn by this one. Maybe the fact that he seems to be the advisor of the king. These are too often traitor, unable, if not directly assassin.

So he has an eye on the guy and strokes his beard.

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 12/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

"Greetings, Your Majesty," Adalan begins with a carefully calibrated bow. "We are agents of the Pathfinder Society, here in Artume to investigate an old lodge of our organization and research its founder. Given your recent ascension to the throne, we thought we should make a visit to pay our respects and hopefully ensure good future relations between the Society and your kingdom. It is not every day that one encounters a monarch so connected to the Everbloom, and we look forward to seeing how your reign progresses."

Using Society to Make an Impression with Courtly Graces if that works.

Society: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Hero Point reroll:

Society: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Grand Archive

LG Human (Emissary) Fighter (1) | Max HP: 18 28 | AC: 19 20 | Fort +5 +6, Reflex +6 +7, Will +3 +4 | Perception +5 +6 | See profile for skills | Speed 20 ft.

I must say I absolutely LOVE Dran'Thor's manner of speaking. I might have to copy it for a character sometime ^_^

Sovereign Court

The King smiles warmly at Adalan, clearly pleased by his manner of speaking.

"I am afraid that I do not know much about your Society; I had heard that you were a bunch of troublemakers, who had caused some problems in Daggermark recently... I am, however, one who prefers to make up his own mind about things, and I am pleased to see that that reputation is not entirely deserved. You are quite welcome to explore your Society's history in my realm, provided that in doing so you do not cause any significant harm to me or my people."

Grand Archive

LG Human (Emissary) Fighter (1) | Max HP: 18 28 | AC: 19 20 | Fort +5 +6, Reflex +6 +7, Will +3 +4 | Perception +5 +6 | See profile for skills | Speed 20 ft.

Hannah smiles and does her best to not cause any "trouble" with her words.

Verdant Wheel

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

Thank you Hannah.

Daggermark, Daggermark. The dwarf remembers what an ancient pathfinder agent told about some Ghostknives did wanting to erase the pathfinder lodge and the guild of the poisoners. It seems more that the Pathfinders saved the community once more.

But perhaps the false information cames from this half-elf advisor. This one’s case becomes deeper in the dwarf’s mind.

Sovereign Court

Ancient? It happened last year :-P The Pathfinders in question were also 'Oathbreakers', who consequently had to die ;-)

The King smiles wanly.

"Well then, if there is nothing else, I am afraid that I will need to ask you to move on - I have other affairs of state that require my attention. Good luck with your search!"

Obviously, I will pause here in case anyone else has anything to say, but otherwise, you can move on to wherever you wish to go next...

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

Well saying ancient I meant that the character retired as I can’t play in PF2 my spiritualist with which I played Oathbreakers die. I let the others speak if they want to. Otherwise would like to go to the venture-captain.

Grand Archive

LG Human (Emissary) Fighter (1) | Max HP: 18 28 | AC: 19 20 | Fort +5 +6, Reflex +6 +7, Will +3 +4 | Perception +5 +6 | See profile for skills | Speed 20 ft.

Hannah bites her lip, and steps forward.

"Your majest.. sire.. uhhh, my name is Sister Hannah. I was raised in a simple monastery dedicated to the teachings of Irori! When we first arrived here we had heard of your upbringing in the word of Milani. I have since meditated on that and was wondering if you had any wisdom or teachings you would like to share regarding your philosophy of governance. I doubt I'll ever stand in the presence of a king again, let alone a king of Milani!"

Hoping to roll Occultism instead of Diplomacy, since that's the skill that covers Philosophy: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11

Hero Point Reroll: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11

facepalm

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Bair spends most of his time watching their dwarf eyeballing the half-elf. He moves over and puts a hand on Dran'Thor's shoulder and whispers, "Issokay, I dunna trust dem pointeh ear folk eithah."

He listens to the chatter half-heartedly and then pipes up, thinking that maybe they just haven't gotten to the good part yet or were waiting for Mara to pipe up, eh... whatevah.

"Hey yah kingo suh, dere's some locah gaihs trynda takeyaout. Dey donlike kings or sumtin. Maigh wanna lookinta it."

If he were smarter, he'd probably try to watch the faces of those in the room to see if his news triggered an unusual reaction, but he's not smart. However, at least Dran-Thor is keeping a close eye on the tricky half-elf so that's covered!

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara blinks in surprise as the guards actually invite them in. That worked? And nearly facepalms once again as they're taken straight to the throne room. They aren't even searched for weapons. Either this king is very well-protected, ridiculously overconfident, or stupid.

Possibly all of the above at once. Admittedly, it's a small kingdom, but still...ushering armed strangers directly into the throne room seems foolish.

He was raised in a monastery. He's probably not accustomed to the idea that people might want to kill him. But it was a monastery of Milani, which is all about revolution, so one would think he'd be at least a little prepared.

First impressions can be deceiving of course, but possible stupidity aside Mara rather likes this king. He seems genuinely concerned for the safety of his people. He's willing to give them a chance and make up his own mind about things. He's also very much the underdog in this fight, if this is how things are handled in his court, and Mara has a soft spot for underdogs.

"Your Majesty." She bows. "We did have another reason for wishing to see you. While investigating the history of this region, we ran into a few would-be revolutionaries. They seemed distrustful of you due to the past actions of previous kings, and wished to overthrow you and institute a people's council in place of the monarchy. They attacked us, and we defended ourselves, but no doubt they were not the only ones. We wished to inform you of this, as a courtesy. So that you would know of a potential threat to your reign."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Ah well, Mara's Diplomacy had to fail sometime. I would also like to roll a secret Perception check to get a sense of the character of the king, if that's a thing that can be done.

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Gnome Sorceress 3 | HP: 35/35| AC 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric, Evil| Perc: +6 | Stealth: +7 | 25ft | Focus: 0/1; Hero Pts: 0/1 | Spells 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 1/3| Active Conditions: Shield Other (Bair).
Familiar Stats:
HP 10/10 | AC 16 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +7 | Perc/Stealth +6; Darkvision

"Out of curiosity, how would you handle such citizens? I mean, if you were to know of their meeting locations, would you exterminate them? Summon them to your court to see if there was something you could do to ease their concerns?"

"Would you just ignore them entirely? Would you step down?"

Eagerly awaiting an answer, the gnome smiles. 'While words are but a tool, if he were to be honest about his potential actions, it could be enlightening.'

Verdant Wheel

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

Once again, the dwarf has a look at the advisor. It is an elf, even a half one. That's obvious. So have an eye on him. Even if Bair is fairly confident with him.

The king should realize now that something is running in his realm. What will he decide? The danger is that he thinks that they are the strangers who are the revolutionaries. Even if, he thinks so, that would be because of the advisor, for sure, anyway.

Sovereign Court

The King looks thoughtful as he listens to what each of the party has to say.

Finally, he nods to Mara.

"Sadly, that is not news to me. When I was invited to come here to be King, the youngest of the revolutionary leaders who helped to overthrow Waike - I think her name was Nalla? - was *not* happy about it; she was more or less the same age as me, and had not known any ruler apart from Waike, which consequently coloured her views of rulers in general.

Now, obviously, we are in the River Kingdoms - everyone is entitled to their opinion - but recently, we have noticed that the rhetoric has stepped-up from generalisations, to specifics, and there have been... incidents... that have required the intervention of the Guards; nothing that could be proven to lead directly back to any leader in particular, you understand - mostly just individual hot-heads, blowing off steam."

He then sighs with regret.

"However, if they are going to make a play for governance, that changes things. I know that my mother," he says, nodding to the woman on his left, "given her past experiences, would counsel me to crush them, whilst Brother Karyn here," he says, gesturing to the half-elf to his right, "would counsel me to at least listen to them, if they have legitimate grievances."

The King's expression hardens.

"If they were simply a threat to me, that would be one thing, but it sounds like they are being indiscriminate in their anger, which places my people (and I know that I have the support of the majority of them) at risk, which I cannot tolerate."

He then looks thoughtful.

"With your warning, if they come here to start something, my guards will see that it is ended; after all, one of the main rules of the River Kingdoms is that 'You Have What You Hold', but I would prefer that it did not come to that... Now, obviously, they would not accept an overture of peace from me directly, but perhaps if you went to meet with them, you could try to talk them down, before more blood is shed...?"

Verdant Wheel

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

'You Have What You Hold'

Finally he's finding good things in the River Kingdoms. He's actually holding his storm power, some treasures found, and his battleaxe. That's good things.

But the king would like to hire the party now to try to dissolve the growing up revolution. Is it a good idea or is it still an idea coming from the half-elf? It was him who wanted to discuss with the revolutionaries. The king's mom, a good mom indeed, said him to crush them like vermicelli. Is the advisor member of the revolutionaries? In such a case, something tells the dwarf that they will meet again soon. An appointment is already fixed if it's the case.

The dwarf strokes his beard doubtful.

I like your main rule. It's full of meaning and experience. Further you're also aware that if we are doing what you asked for, it's to help you in the situation. So I hope we can then hold a solid friendship between your person and realm and our Society.

Vigilant Seal

CN Gnome Sorceress 3 | HP: 35/35| AC 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric, Evil| Perc: +6 | Stealth: +7 | 25ft | Focus: 0/1; Hero Pts: 0/1 | Spells 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 1/3| Active Conditions: Shield Other (Bair).
Familiar Stats:
HP 10/10 | AC 16 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +7 | Perc/Stealth +6; Darkvision

'You have what you hold' echoes through Desharcerla's mind, her eyes taking in the king fully...the sweep ending on his left hand. 'I could do worse....' she considers, glancing towards her companions. He eyes again fall on the king...

With a quick shake of her head, she smiles. "Um...anyway...sure. I suppose we could have a chat with them, if that would be best."

'If we happen to encounter them again...and they are less hostile...'

"I appreciate your candor in answering our questions, good king. Perhaps we can find a way everyone benefits here."

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara's respect for this new king grows. He's willing to try a peaceful solution, willing to listen to people that want to kill him on the basis that they might have legitimate grievances, and also willing to do what is necessary to protect his kingdom. A good combination, in her layperson's opinion.

Nalla. Is she the 'N' from the note we found? Mara commits the name to memory.

"I do not know if they'll be any more open to overtures of peace from us. The revolutionaries we ran into earlier were...not in a mood to talk to anyone not immediately professing support for their cause. But we can try."

They'll have to let Venture-Captain Smine know about this. How did 'investigate an old Lodge and keep your ears open' turn into 'become emissaries for the king'?

Pathfinding. It was many things, but never boring.

"Before we leave, Your Majesty...may I offer a word of advice?" Mara bites her lip, looking uncharacteristically hesitant. "While I am obviously grateful that you were willing to take the time to see us, and I hope our conversation was fruitful...you should perhaps tell your guards not to let heavily-armed strangers into the throne room without any attempt to verify their identity."

It would be a shame if their attempt at peace talks came to an abrupt end because someone assassinated the king.

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Bair twists around, looking behind them and to the sides

Where deyat? Dem thugs followdus?

Vigilant Seal

CN Gnome Sorceress 3 | HP: 35/35| AC 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric, Evil| Perc: +6 | Stealth: +7 | 25ft | Focus: 0/1; Hero Pts: 0/1 | Spells 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 1/3| Active Conditions: Shield Other (Bair).
Familiar Stats:
HP 10/10 | AC 16 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +7 | Perc/Stealth +6; Darkvision

"Heavily armed?'" parrots Deshacerla. "Speak for yourself. I's gots fisticuffs, a dagger, and a sling without ammo."

With a chuckle, she smiles again. "Besides, some of us are more dangerous without all that fancy smanshy cutlery."

Grand Archive

LG Human (Emissary) Fighter (1) | Max HP: 18 28 | AC: 19 20 | Fort +5 +6, Reflex +6 +7, Will +3 +4 | Perception +5 +6 | See profile for skills | Speed 20 ft.

Hannah blinks.

Well NOW I'm sure the King will be more heavily guarded...

1,251 to 1,300 of 1,928 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS2_Luke_Parry] 01-01 The Absalom Initiation All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.