GM Lorenzo's #10-00: The Hao Jin Cataclysm (Tier 5-6) PbP Gameday VIII (Inactive)

Game Master Lawrence Smith 2

Maps, Handouts, and More!


201 to 250 of 571 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard (Exploiter) 6 | HP 44/44 | AC12 T12 FF10 CMD 16 | F+5/R+5/W+6 | Per +10 | Init +2 | Reservoir 6/9 | Prescience 4/4 | Active: None

Will, Inspiring Sword: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11
Probably a failure... using my Folio reroll, I guess. Still have a boon for another reroll later if needed.
Folio reroll, Inspiring Sword: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 = 18

Assuming that passes...
Aroden uses his Prescience ability as a free action at the start of his turn.
Prescience 2 of 4: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Then he ceases Inspiring Sword (will still apply to everbody's Will saves as those happened before his turn) and casts Blindness on the pink cloaker, using a point from his arcane reservoir to boost the DC by 2 (to Fort DC 19).

He also moves.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Vanaran Bloodrager 5/Brawler 1 | HP: 26/57| AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 22 | F: +14, R: +7, W: +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 60 ft fly| Bloodrage: 4/14 | Flex: 0/4 | Spells: 1st 0/2 | Active conditions: Shield, bloodrage, resist fire 10, fly

will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 Assuming that makes it

N'Aranav continues to taunt the strange creature into attacking.

unnerved readied attack with lunge:

readied power attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 2 - 2 - 2 = 22
readied power attack damage: 1d6 + 4 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 4 - 2 = 11

AC 17


Theme Song

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 = 17
Unnerved by one of the cloaker's moans, Dale grits his teeth and overcomes the chilling fear caused by the other's moan.

Determined to kill the red cloaker, Dale throws another frost bomb at it. Maybe this time it'll stick!
Unnerved, Frost Bomb, Ranged Touch, Inspiring Sword: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 - 2 = 153d6 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (6, 6, 1) + 4 - 2 = 15

Grand Lodge

[Init +6, Per +12, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 6th [HP 34/34, AC 17|23(27) /ff 11|16 /t 17, Fort +3, Ref +11, Will +3,]

Will plus Swordspiration: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 = 11

Kahwen's jealousy at the Cloaker's ability to fly and his irritation that they won't get close enough for him to use his sword turns into abject terror as one of them unleashes a haunting tone that strikes to his core.

He lets out a squawk of fear, as his bow and the arrow he's drawn clatters to the stone floor.

A moment later, he bolts.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Previously
20ft above your heads, the cloakers fly closer. The aberrations emit a pair of infrasonic moans, unnerving everyone. You also feel a wave of terror chill your bones. Then the cloakers shimmer, and their silhouettes blur.

Quillen Will DC15 save or:
become panicked for 2 rounds.

Now
GM Screen:
Dale Miss Chance ≤20%: 1d100 ⇒ 17

Though everyone is unnerved by one of the cloakers, Kimiya, Aroden, N'Aranav, and Dale resist the fearful moan of the other. Kahwen is less fortunate, dropping his bow and fleeing in panic from the cloakers.

While Kimiya considers how to respond, Aroden continues inspiring everyone with his swordplay, long enough at least to aid his teammates to overcome their fear, and uses one of his arcane exploits to put a little mustard on his spell. The creature blinks, unphased by the spell.

GM Screen:
Pink Fortitude DC19, shaken: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 2 = 19

N'Aranav continues to exercise tactical patience, waiting for the cloakers to come to him and ready to strike.

Dale's ioun torch proves to confer an unanticipated boon; near the limits but still within the glow of its illumination, the light negates the cloaker's ability to shift and manipulate the shadows, eliminating the effects of its blur. And that is the reason his frost bomb manages to strikes the aberration. As luck would have it, this time the bomb's icy goodness staggers the creature, as well.

GM Screen:
Red Fortitude DC19, shaken: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 2 = 16

The pink cloaker, however, remains a blurry image in the dim light.

Map & Images
Conditions/Effects:
Dim Light
Unnerved: Anyone within a 60-foot spread automatically takes a –2 penalty on attack and damage rolls.

Round 3
Bold
may act.

Kahwen (panicked)
Quillen (DC15 Will, +2 bonus from Inspiring Sword)
Dale
Kimiya
---
Pink Cloaker (-2; shaken; blurred)
Red Cloaker (-38; shaken, staggered)
---
Aroden
N'Aranav (readied attack)

Quillen and Kimiya, you're up!

Silver Crusade

Male Nagaji Samurai 6 | HP 51:51 | AC17 T12 F16 | F+6 R+3 W+3 | Init +1 | Percep +9 | Diplo +10 | Intim +16 | SM +

Kimiya moves to stand above Kahwen's bow, ready to grab it and use it in a few seconds. In the meantime, he readies his naginata in case the cloakers drop within range, I wonder if I can throw my wakizashi. I need some way to hit these things!

Move if needed and ready attack. I can roll that later in the unlikely event I need it.

The Exchange

Male Galtan Dictator/Thug 6 | HP 56 | AC: 24(29)* (T 17, FF 18) | CMD 21* | F: +6, R: +14, W: +3* | Init +7 | Per +10

Seems like a good time to use Charmed Life given this is Q's worst save.

Will: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 8

Quillen freezes for a moment, his knuckles white as they grip the hilt of his sword.

Then he does the second best thing a Galtan can do, dropping his blade and fleeing from Kimiya's side.

"Non! Non! Non!"

Round 1 of 2 Panicked.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Kimiya moves over to where Kahwen dropped his bow and keeps his naginata trained on the cloakers, in case they attack.

Quillen falls victim to the cloaker's fearsome infrasonic moaning. In a panic, he drops his rapier and runs away singing, "Zey tried to make moi go to rehab, j'ai dit, "Non, non, non!"

The shaken, staggered, red cloaker flies away from the frost bomb-throwing alchemist. An angry moan proclaims its unsated hunger and frustration.

The pink cloaker doesn't like the look of Kimiya's naginata, so it flies down to the harmless-looking vanaran. It groans in surprise when the bloodrager clobbers it with a powerful fist. Unable to engulf Kimiya, it slaps at him with its tail.
CMB, shaken: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Tail Slap; Damage: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 2 = 81d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

GM Screen:
1d6 ⇒ 3
The cavern continues to quake, stone debris and dust falling from the ceiling.

Map & Images
Conditions/Effects:
Dim Light
Unnerved: Anyone within a 60-foot spread automatically takes a –2 penalty on attack and damage rolls.

Round 3/4
Bold
may act.

Kahwen (panicked)
Quillen (panicked)
Dale
Kimiya
(readied attack)
---
Pink Cloaker (-13; shaken)
Red Cloaker (-38; shaken, staggered)
---
Aroden
N'Aranav

Everybody, you're up!

Silver Crusade

Male Nagaji Samurai 6 | HP 51:51 | AC17 T12 F16 | F+6 R+3 W+3 | Init +1 | Percep +9 | Diplo +10 | Intim +16 | SM +

Kimiya can't believe his luck as the cloaker swoops down. He draws back the naginata and slashes it toward a wing.

Readied Naginata: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
NL Dmg: 1d8 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 4 = 14
Intimidate: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34 If I can demoralize the cloaker, it's shaken for 14 rounds.

He then follows the cloaker and tries to hit it again.

R3 Naginata: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
NL Dmg: 1d8 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 4 = 14
Intimidate: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Disappointed that the pink cloaker chose another target, Kimiya pursues the aberration to prevent it from engulfing N'Aranav.

The nagaji gives the creature a solid thumping with his naginata, clearly ringing its bell soundly enough to leave it shaken.

Map & Images
Conditions/Effects:
Dim Light
Unnerved: Anyone within a 60-foot spread automatically takes a –2 penalty on attack and damage rolls.

Round 3/4
Bold
may act.

Kahwen (panicked)
Quillen (panicked)
Dale
Kimiya
---
Pink Cloaker (-13; -14NL; shaken)
Red Cloaker (-38; shaken, staggered)
---
Aroden
N'Aranav

Aroden, N'Aranav, Kahwen, Quillen, and Dale, you're up! Make sure you include the penalties from Unnerved in your attack and damage rolls.

Dark Archive

Male Alchemist 5 HP: 38/38 AC:17 FF:15 T:12 F:+6 R:+7 W:+5 CLW Fork:43 Perception +9 , Sense Motive +5 (Bombs: 11/11) Effects: Ant Haul

Dale shakes his fist half angrily, half comically at the fleeing cloaker "You picked a poor spot to set up territory in my friend, I'm going to be forced to extirpate you from this environ!"

He takes a step back towards the others and draws out his lucky crossbow, firing off a round in the red cloaker's direction.

MW Light Crossbow, Unnerve: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 2 = 51d8 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2
Not sure if there are any light related concealment at that distance with my ioun torch... maybe it'll help that shot!

Dale promptly shoots his bolt into the ceiling of the cavern.

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard (Exploiter) 6 | HP 44/44 | AC12 T12 FF10 CMD 16 | F+5/R+5/W+6 | Per +10 | Init +2 | Reservoir 6/9 | Prescience 4/4 | Active: None

The red cloaker is out of sight around a corner, I think, and Aroden has more sense than to run off into the darkness chasing a fleeing foe.

He casts Magic Missile at Pink, spending another reservoir point to boost the CL.
Magic Missile: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3, 2, 2) + 4 = 15

Grand Lodge

[Init +6, Per +12, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 6th [HP 34/34, AC 17|23(27) /ff 11|16 /t 17, Fort +3, Ref +11, Will +3,]

Kahwen continues to flee.

"I'm sorry, Companions! I'm sorry!" he shouts as he runs, feeling guilty about abandoning them even through his fear.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Vanaran Bloodrager 5/Brawler 1 | HP: 26/57| AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 22 | F: +14, R: +7, W: +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 60 ft fly| Bloodrage: 4/14 | Flex: 0/4 | Spells: 1st 0/2 | Active conditions: Shield, bloodrage, resist fire 10, fly

With a hop and a skip, N'Aranav strikes out again at the flying carpet monster. Still AC 17

unarmed strike (unnerved power attack with lunge): 1d20 + 10 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 - 2 - 2 = 20
unarmed strike Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 4 - 2 = 12
unarmed strike (unnerved power attack with lunge): 1d20 + 5 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 - 2 - 2 = 11
unarmed strike Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 4 - 2 = 9

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Dale can tell that as soon as the red cloaker left the area of illuminated by his noun stone, it's profile began to blur again. His bolt knocks some limestone chips from a stalactite.

Holding his pistol finger sideways, gangsta-style, Aroden unloads on the pink cloaker with a four-round burst of arcane bolts.

N'Aranav only lands one of his punches, but it's more than enough to knock out the pink cloaker, and it flops to the cavern floor at the vanaran's feet.

Kahwen and Quillen keep fleeing their fear.

Determined to get revenge against the mad bomber, the red cloaker banks hard left and flies toward its nemesis, emitting a nauseating moan.

Dale DC15 Fortitude save or:
fall prone and be nauseated for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 rounds.

No longer panicked, Kahwen and Quillen regain their composure, and, with the exception of wet small clothes, no worse for wear.

GM Screen:
1d6 ⇒ 2

The floor of the gigantic cavern rumbles and shakes violently, and you struggle to maintain your balance.
Everyone: DC20 Acrobatics or fall prone.

Map & Images
Conditions/Effects:
Dim Light
Unnerved: Anyone within a 60-foot spread automatically takes a –2 penalty on attack and damage rolls.

Round 4/5
Bold
may act.

Kahwen
Quillen
Dale
Kimiya
---
Pink Cloaker (-42; -14NL; unconscious)
Red Cloaker (-38; shaken)
---
Aroden
N'Aranav

Everybody, you're up! Make sure you include the penalties from Unnerved in your attack and damage rolls.

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard (Exploiter) 6 | HP 44/44 | AC12 T12 FF10 CMD 16 | F+5/R+5/W+6 | Per +10 | Init +2 | Reservoir 6/9 | Prescience 4/4 | Active: None

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Aroden falls down.
He stands and uses Total Defense.
Inspiring Sword is a full-round action, and would rather stand. Will use it next round if needed. Don't really want to use up the bonded item spell here, and have not much else for attack spells.

Dark Archive

Male Alchemist 5 HP: 38/38 AC:17 FF:15 T:12 F:+6 R:+7 W:+5 CLW Fork:43 Perception +9 , Sense Motive +5 (Bombs: 11/11) Effects: Ant Haul

Fort Save DC15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Acrobatics vs DC20: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Dale bravely stands his ground as the last cloaker charges his prey. Well, he bravely stands up and dusts himself off THEN: He draws out, shakes, and tosses another frosty brew at the red cloaker before wishing he could be retreating towards his comrades. "A little assistance here guys?"

Frost Bomb, Ranged Touch, Unnerved: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 2 = 173d6 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (3, 2, 1) + 4 - 2 = 8
Miss Direction, Splash Reflex DC16, 7 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2
Direct hit target must make a DC16 Fort Save or be Staggered on their next turn.

Grand Lodge

[Init +6, Per +12, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 6th [HP 34/34, AC 17|23(27) /ff 11|16 /t 17, Fort +3, Ref +11, Will +3,]
GM Lorenzo wrote:


No longer panicked, Kahwen and Quillen regain their composure, and, with

Shows what you know! Kahwen's a commando!

Kahwen shakes off his fear...literally, shivering in such a way that his feathers all ruffle up then settle back down.

"Don't fear, Companions! I'm coming!" he shouts, starting the rush back toward the battle, drawing his elven curve blade then doing the ninja run, the blade of his sword only a couple inches above the cavern floor (he won't let it touch and raise sparks because that would dull the blade.)

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

The mountain's tremors knock Aroden and Dale to the ground. Both get back on their feet, the wizard flapping his hands through the air, hoping to fend off an attack, and Dale pulling the pin on another frosty.

The bomb hits the red cloaker. It hurts, but it shakes off the flakes of ice.

GM Screen:
shaken, Red Fortitude DC16: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 2 = 19

Damp feathers causing a little chafing between his downy thighs, Kahwen hustles back toward the sounds of the fighting.

The floor of the gigantic cavern rumbles and shakes violently, and you struggle to maintain your balance.
Kahwen, Quillen, Kimiya, N'Aranav: DC20 Acrobatics or fall prone.

Map & Images
Conditions/Effects:
Dim Light
Unnerved: Anyone within a 60-foot spread automatically takes a –2 penalty on attack and damage rolls.

Round 4/5
Bold
may act.

Kahwen (DC20 Acrobatics or fall prone.)
Quillen (DC20 Acrobatics or fall prone.)
Dale
Kimiya (DC20 Acrobatics or fall prone.)
---
Pink Cloaker (-42; -14NL; unconscious)
Red Cloaker (-46; shaken)
---
Aroden
N'Aranav (DC20 Acrobatics or fall prone.)

N'Aranav, Quillen, and Kimiya, you're up! Make sure you include the penalties from Unnerved in your attack and damage rolls.

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard (Exploiter) 6 | HP 44/44 | AC12 T12 FF10 CMD 16 | F+5/R+5/W+6 | Per +10 | Init +2 | Reservoir 6/9 | Prescience 4/4 | Active: None

You are not automatically disarmed by falling prone, right? Aroden still has his sword in hand? If not, he'd have used his standard action to pick it up.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Vanaran Bloodrager 5/Brawler 1 | HP: 26/57| AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 22 | F: +14, R: +7, W: +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 60 ft fly| Bloodrage: 4/14 | Flex: 0/4 | Spells: 1st 0/2 | Active conditions: Shield, bloodrage, resist fire 10, fly

acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

N'Aranav flops to the ground, spinning over onto his back to make it look purposeful, then arches back up to standing, finishing his tumbling routine by racing over to the other flying creature. AC 17

Silver Crusade

Male Nagaji Samurai 6 | HP 51:51 | AC17 T12 F16 | F+6 R+3 W+3 | Init +1 | Percep +9 | Diplo +10 | Intim +16 | SM +

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13 Hoped that + would help me :)

Kimiya turns to run toward the other cloaker and stumbles as the room shifts. He picks himself up and moves up beside N'Aranav.

Fall, stand, and move.

The Exchange

Male Galtan Dictator/Thug 6 | HP 56 | AC: 24(29)* (T 17, FF 18) | CMD 21* | F: +6, R: +14, W: +3* | Init +7 | Per +10

1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 2 = 21

Quilled barely keeps his balance as regains his wits.

”Mon dieu! My blade!

He begins swiftly marching back towards the cloakares to inflict his wrath.

Double move back to his sword, but not enough actions to pick it up.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Aid Token: Please pull the trigger on using, boosting, or passing it.

The shockwaves reverberating through the cavern knock N'Aranav and Kimiya off their feet. They get back up, and close some of the distance to the red cloaker flying overhead.

Quillen manages to keep his balance and runs back to where he dropped his rapier.

Seeing a lone foe, the cloaker plummets toward Kahwen, and engulfs the tengu in its alien embrace. Then the aberration tries but fails to bite the swordmaster.
Engulf CMB, shaken: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 - 2 = 20
Bite, shaken; Damage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

GM Screen:
1d6 ⇒ 4

The cavern continues to shake, dust and loose rock falling from the ceiling 30ft above you.

Map & Images
Conditions/Effects:
Dim Light
Unnerved: Anyone within a 60-foot spread automatically takes a –2 penalty on attack and damage rolls.

Round 5/6
Bold
may act.

Kahwen (grappled)
Quillen
Dale
Kimiya

---
Pink Cloaker (-42; -14NL; unconscious)
Red Cloaker (-46; shaken; grappled)
---
Aroden
N'Aranav

Everybody, you're up! Make sure you include the penalties from Unnerved in your attack and damage rolls.

Dark Archive

Male Alchemist 5 HP: 38/38 AC:17 FF:15 T:12 F:+6 R:+7 W:+5 CLW Fork:43 Perception +9 , Sense Motive +5 (Bombs: 11/11) Effects: Ant Haul

Dale drops his crossbow where he stands and rushes ahead across the stony ground, drawing his yellow wood club as he goes. From out of no where he can hear some inspiring words to lighten the mood. Strange, what a fine and motivating tune that is!

Dale brings his club down on the proximal anterior of the creature's head region. Or at least attempts to. "Let go of our feathered friend already."

Melee MW Yellow-wood Club, Unnerved, Inspired: 1d20 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 121d6 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 + 2 = 5

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard (Exploiter) 6 | HP 44/44 | AC12 T12 FF10 CMD 16 | F+5/R+5/W+6 | Per +10 | Init +2 | Reservoir 6/9 | Prescience 4/4 | Active: None

Foresight 3 of 4: 1d20 ⇒ 3 Not using that one.

Aroden uses his bonded item (ring) to cast Liberating Command as a swift action. Using a reservoir point to boost the CL to 8. Kahwen gets an Escape Artist attempt as his own immediate action with a +16 competence bonus on top of his usual +10.

Then Aroden moves up and strikes at the cloaker with his sword.

Sword of Aroden, Unnerved, Inspired: 1d20 + 5 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 2 + 2 = 19
Damage, Unnerved, Inspired: 1d8 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 - 2 + 2 = 7

Silver Crusade

Male Nagaji Samurai 6 | HP 51:51 | AC17 T12 F16 | F+6 R+3 W+3 | Init +1 | Percep +9 | Diplo +10 | Intim +16 | SM +

Kimiya runs back across the room to try and prod the cloaker.

Naginata + Unnerved + Song: 1d20 + 13 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 13 - 2 + 2 = 21
NL Dmg: 1d8 + 8 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 4 - 2 + 2 = 17
Intimidate: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20

Grand Lodge

[Init +6, Per +12, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 6th [HP 34/34, AC 17|23(27) /ff 11|16 /t 17, Fort +3, Ref +11, Will +3,]

Kahwen has heard of wet blankets before but he never expected to be surrounded by one. That's exactly what this feels like though, being wrapped up in a wet, leathery, smelly blanket.

He starts to squirm but then hears Aroden's voice, muffled but strong, ordering him to get out.

Acrobatics plus Liberating Word minus Unnerve: 1d20 + 10 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 16 - 2 = 25

Blah! Not sure if that gets me out, or not. It's a skill check and not an attack roll so a Nat 1 isn't an autofail, right? If he gets out -

"Unwanted personal contact! Unwanted personal contact!" he shouts as he gets free.

He assaults his assailant.

+1 elven curve blade: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Slashing Plus Inspire Courage: 1d10 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 2 = 22

If the Liberating Word didn't work -
Escape Artist Check minus Unnerve: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 - 2 = 26

[ooc]Unnerve and Inspire Courage are a wash on the attack bonus so I didn't bother with them, but added in the damage bonus.[/dice]

The Exchange

Male Galtan Dictator/Thug 6 | HP 56 | AC: 24(29)* (T 17, FF 18) | CMD 21* | F: +6, R: +14, W: +3* | Init +7 | Per +10

Sighing, Quillen uses the tip of his foot to flick his sword up into his hand, catching it with ease at the same time he turns his attention towards Kahwen's cloaker.

As he marches ahead, he keeps his eye trained on the fallen cloaker, ready to pounce should it return to being an active threat.

Move action to get weapon; move action to close to the remaining cloaker. Yay panicked.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Vanaran Bloodrager 5/Brawler 1 | HP: 26/57| AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 22 | F: +14, R: +7, W: +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 60 ft fly| Bloodrage: 4/14 | Flex: 0/4 | Spells: 1st 0/2 | Active conditions: Shield, bloodrage, resist fire 10, fly

N'Aranav closes the distance as well.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Dale dials 9-1-1 for bardic support, chokes up on his yeller club, winds up, swings, and misses the cloaker.

Muttering something arcane under his breath, Aroden fiddles with his bonded bling, and Kahwen wriggles free of his cloaked molester. The pair of them ensure it won't ever offer candy to little kids in the future.

Meanwhile, Kimiya, Quillen and N'Aranav make sure the unconscious cloaker stops moaning in its sleep. Permanently.

Victory!

Another post follows...

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

With the creatures defeated, you can finally proceed to the Pagoda of the Rat. The seven-story structure is the ratfolk's stronghold and seat of power at the center of Round Mountain.

Here, you speak with Krella, a druid and the leader of the ratfolk.

"Thank you, Pathfinders. I am grateful for your aid in helping to secure Round Mountain."

She turns to the Pathfinder repair team and provides them with detailed directions to the Astral rift nearby.

Then Krella turns back to you, speaking in a whisper, "While we wait for the repair team, I must caution you. We ratfolk have many eyes and ears in the tapestry. Your old enemies, the Aspis Consortium, have poisoned many of the tapestry’s people against you, but I sense that something far more sinister lurks just out of reach. Someone—or something—is at work in the tapestry, and has taken great effort to remain hidden."

"I fear that this is just the beginning of our trouble."

The PCs unlock a special boost option for the Share Knowledge Aid Token.

Success reported to the Overseer GM.

Which mission next, 1 or 5? FYI, there have been far fewer successes reported for 5 than for 1.

Silver Crusade

Male Nagaji Samurai 6 | HP 51:51 | AC17 T12 F16 | F+6 R+3 W+3 | Init +1 | Percep +9 | Diplo +10 | Intim +16 | SM +

Kimiya is glad the flying beasts are finally down for the count.

He nods as Krella tells them about the Aspis, "that sounds like them. We should see what we can do about that."

One vote for 5.

Dark Archive

Male Alchemist 5 HP: 38/38 AC:17 FF:15 T:12 F:+6 R:+7 W:+5 CLW Fork:43 Perception +9 , Sense Motive +5 (Bombs: 11/11) Effects: Ant Haul

Dale starts to wander off with the group of repair techs, far more interested in that verses diplomatic discussions with the leader of the ratfolk. Soon after though he's being escorted back by a surly head engineer "Yes thank you Dale for your most HELPFUL insights on my mistakes. I'll be sure to take your criticisms to heart but I think you're being called for more pressing duties..."

Dale nods along, only slightly disappointed, especially once he hears they're going to head to Area 1 on the tapestry scenic trifold.

"Someone hrm? Maybe that's that Hag we saw in the mirror? Maybe they know more about it over in area 1."

Grand Lodge

[Init +6, Per +12, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 6th [HP 34/34, AC 17|23(27) /ff 11|16 /t 17, Fort +3, Ref +11, Will +3,]

Kahwen takes a moment to catch his breath, standing over the fallen cloakare. Sure that it is truly dead, he trots over to retrieve his bow then readies to cross the bridge.

He bows to Krella, then listens carefully to her information.

"Friend Kimiya is right! We have to do all that we can to stop the Apsis!" Kahwen declares.

Second vote for 5

Dark Archive

Male Alchemist 5 HP: 38/38 AC:17 FF:15 T:12 F:+6 R:+7 W:+5 CLW Fork:43 Perception +9 , Sense Motive +5 (Bombs: 11/11) Effects: Ant Haul

Dale is quickly outvoted but not upset "If its a negotiation you want then its a negotiation you will get!" He picks up a twig to clean the bit of blue berry skin off his teeth from lunch and proceeds ahead.

"Oh, since apparently my wand is on a break from our personal relationship, would you like to put it to use?" He offers his wand to their wizardy companion.

Wand of Magic Missile 3rd lvl caster if you want to supplement your spells. You said you were running dry.

Edit: I totally misread your statement GM: I thought it was 1 that was under succeeded, not 5. 5 works!

Grand Lodge

[Init +6, Per +12, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 6th [HP 34/34, AC 17|23(27) /ff 11|16 /t 17, Fort +3, Ref +11, Will +3,]

I think we technically have a couple days in the Tapestry so we could request respite from the rats of round ridge if required and start off after 8 hours (or more) revived and refreshed.

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard (Exploiter) 6 | HP 44/44 | AC12 T12 FF10 CMD 16 | F+5/R+5/W+6 | Per +10 | Init +2 | Reservoir 6/9 | Prescience 4/4 | Active: None

Aroden still has: Burning Hands, Color Spray, Feather Fall, Vanish, Cat's Grace, 2nd-level open slot, Dispel Magic, Communal Resist Energy. Mostly utility since PFS parties seem to have DPS well taken care of. But he will accept the wand of MM for the rest of the day if Dale is locked out. Then again, maybe we are resting.

"I am fine with that task."

The Exchange

Male Galtan Dictator/Thug 6 | HP 56 | AC: 24(29)* (T 17, FF 18) | CMD 21* | F: +6, R: +14, W: +3* | Init +7 | Per +10

Whichever has less reports is good, if that's 5 go 5.

Quillen smacks the back of his left hand into the palm of his right hand furiously five times.

"Do you think ze Aspis rest?"

He glares.

"No! Zey plot our very demize when we might seek to nap like kittens in ze afternoon sun! Zey are like automatons programmed by zey most evil loot-ares!"

(We can totally rest if folks need it, but Quillen's a bit of a.. well you know).

Quillen Status:

HP: 53/56; AC: (31) 24* (T17/FF18)
Underfoot: +1AC vs larger opponents
Cautious Fighter: When fighting defensively, +5 instead of +3

F: +5*, R: +13, W: +2
Charmed Life Used: 1/3
Panache Pool Used: 0/3

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Krella regards you with an almost parental concern. "Pathfinders, your hard work has likely taken a toll on you. Please, accept our hospitality. Spend the night, and wake tomorrow, refreshed in body and spirit."

A Pathfinder approaches you from the busy repair team. He's a samsaran, wearing white robes with black trim and a silk cap, highlighted by varied decorative elements in keeping with a devotee of the Song of Spheres. His forearm bears a blue and white tattoo depicting the holy symbol of Desna, the butterfly, stylized to resemble her herald, the Night Monarch. His familiar, a white rabbit with long, floppy ears and tiny red eyes, pokes its head out from the folds of his robes.

"Well met, friends. I'm Lazarus Logos, a mystic theurge. If you've need of spellcasting services, I'm available. Venture-Captain Zarta Dralneen attached me to the Society's repair team for just this purpose."

During this time, the PCs receive the benefits of 8 hours of uninterrupted rest. You may also avail yourselves of typical spellcasting services.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Waking the next morning, refreshed and fully recovered, Lazarus listens to you discuss your next mission.

The samasaran nods, sagely, and looks at you with his all-white eyes. "The paracountess said, 'The Aspis Consortium poisoned many of the tapestry’s residents against us. Three factions have nonetheless agreed to meet with us. You must convince them to trust the Society in this desperate hour.'"

Sensing your lack of personal familiarity with those events, the mystic theurge explains.

"During the Aspis Consortium’s time in the tapestry, they turned several groups against the Pathfinder Society to gain allies for their assault on the Grand Lodge during the Siege of Serpents."

"While many members of these groups aided in the attack, others stayed behind, and they still harbor distrust or outright hatred for the Pathfinder Society. Some believe the Aspis Consortium’s claims that the Society is a group of thieves and murderers, while others blame the Pathfinders for thwarting the Aspis, eliminating their chance to escape from the demiplane. Nonetheless, recognizing that the tapestry is falling apart, they have agreed to meet with you."

Another post follows...

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

And so, after making whatever preparations you need, you set out to meet with the factions Lazarus Logos told you about.

This area of the Hao Jin Tapestry is a strange patchwork of several environments: sand dunes abut jagged hills, and massive evergreen trees rise from a dry riverbed. Tense silence permeates the area, filling the space between three groups of humanoid emissaries: a group of stoic Tian soldiers enshrouded in strips of cloth; a group of wyvarans, winged people with draconic features; and a group of hhruul, who are lanky, owl-headed scholars.

Which group would you like to approach and parlay with first, the Tian soldiers, the wyvarans, or the hhruul? Rule of Two.

Grand Lodge

[Init +6, Per +12, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 6th [HP 34/34, AC 17|23(27) /ff 11|16 /t 17, Fort +3, Ref +11, Will +3,]

Kahwen thanks their hosts in the morning and thanks Lazarus Logos for the information he provides.

"Your assistance has been greatly appreciated," he says to them both. "I am certain that we will succeed thanks to what you have done."

He is flabbergasted to see the three groups of people gathered. He is torn almost equally between the amazing features of each of them. Though he did not grow up there, he has a certain affinity for Tian due to his belief that his people originally came from there. Likewise, it is hard to pass up talking to dragon people! But, in the end, he hopes he'll have more in common with fellow bird people so he turns toward the Hhruul.

Silver Crusade

Male Nagaji Samurai 6 | HP 51:51 | AC17 T12 F16 | F+6 R+3 W+3 | Init +1 | Percep +9 | Diplo +10 | Intim +16 | SM +

Kimiya appreciates the opportunity to rest and prepare himself for the day. He says a prayer for the foes that fell and another for his new found friends.

The history refresher is welcome as well, "I may be able speak directly with the wyvarans. I believe Dale speaks Tian as well. And if any of the factions originally hail from Taldor, I've found my armor makes a certain impression." He is about to continue when he notices Kahwen staring at the owl people, "I have never encountered hhruul but maybe we should start there."

2nd vote for hhruul.

Dark Archive

Male Alchemist 5 HP: 38/38 AC:17 FF:15 T:12 F:+6 R:+7 W:+5 CLW Fork:43 Perception +9 , Sense Motive +5 (Bombs: 11/11) Effects: Ant Haul

"Oh hello Lazarus Logos. I believe you're the first samasaran I've had the pleasure of meeting! Dale here." He offers up a hairy handshake before getting right to the barrage of overly personal questions that begin flooding his mind...

"Do all members of your race have similar color patterns? Are these color patterns affected by sun exposure? With pupils like that are you able to see color in the darkness?" He draws out his journal to take vigorous notes. These questions go on as long as Lazarus takes the time to answer them.

Eventually Dale passes out snoring loudly in a chair before waking up in the middle of the night to lay out his bedroll. The following morning he prepares his alchemical concoctions for the day.

Since we rested Dale would prefer to have his MM wand back.

Before their meeting begins Dale consumes an extract then quickly rinses his mouth out with a dingy, floaty filled potion vial. His mood becomes even more upbeat and gung-ho than usual.

GM:

Alchemical Allocation: Heroism: 50mins.
He also starts his day with his regular consumption of ant haul.

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard (Exploiter) 6 | HP 44/44 | AC12 T12 FF10 CMD 16 | F+5/R+5/W+6 | Per +10 | Init +2 | Reservoir 6/9 | Prescience 4/4 | Active: None

The wizard sleeps. Fitfully, to any who happen to observe.
Muttered blasphemies in Aklo.
A facial expression that vacillates between awe and terror.
Broken-hearted weeping of "Arazni, I could not, I could not."

He awakens, and seems to remember nothing.

Of course Aroden will give the wand back.

Aroden regards the Samsaran with fascination. All those memories... "Well, Lazarus, I do wish that the Consortium's depiction of the Society as murderous vagabonds had not even a grain of truth to it. But for my part, I will do my best to represent the Society with dignity and integrity."

Aroden uses a charge of Mage Armor before setting out. Wand at 36. He also casts False Life, spending a point to boost the CL to 8. HP: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

"I too speak Tien. But a community of scholars sounds receptive to our message."
Looks like Rule of Two picks the hhruul, fine with me.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

The Hhruul

These owl-headed syrinxes are scholars, calm and collected, but curious, too.

Sense Motive DC15:
While the Hhruul make a show of being calm and collected, the syrinxes are obviously excited to speak with people from outside the tapestry. This excitement is tempered only by their wariness of you.

"Hoot are you? We are the Hhruul." The owl-headed trio blink at you politely. The one in the center, wearing blue kilt-like garb, seems to be their leader.

"Hoot many star cycles does it take you to get home from here? Hoot?" asks one of them, the one in the talon-length, rose-colored cape.

"What’s the sky like where you hoot from?" asks another, downy feathered arms exposed in open sleeves.

"We hoot from Arcadia and are eager to return to our ancestral hootland, but we have no sense of where the hoot we are in space and time," explains the leader, somewhat flummoxed.

The wise syrinx scholar bluntly asks, "Let us hoot the philosophical implications of siding with the Pathfinder Society instead of fending for ourselves."

Encounter Mechanics
Impressive Knowledge: You can attempt a Knowledge (geography) or Profession (sailor) check to describe where Arcadia is and how to get there.
Promise Assistance: You can’t know precisely how to help the Hhruul get home, but with a successful Bluff check you can give assurances that the Pathfinder Society possesses the knowledge and means to help.
Philosophical Appeal: You can attempt a Will save to prevail in a drawn-out philosophical debate with the syrinx.

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard (Exploiter) 6 | HP 44/44 | AC12 T12 FF10 CMD 16 | F+5/R+5/W+6 | Per +10 | Init +2 | Reservoir 6/9 | Prescience 4/4 | Active: None

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Aroden doesn't notice anything.

Knowledge (Geography): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
"Arcadia... I think I might have been there once. I don't recall clearly. Let's see, from here you would have to get back to Golarion, and if you ended up in, say, Minata, then you would go... across the ocean? Over the ice? It's very far."

Dark Archive

Male Alchemist 5 HP: 38/38 AC:17 FF:15 T:12 F:+6 R:+7 W:+5 CLW Fork:43 Perception +9 , Sense Motive +5 (Bombs: 11/11) Effects: Ant Haul

Sense Motive DC15, heroism: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 = 20

Knowledge vs Hhruul, Heroism: What does Dale know about this race that could be helpful here?: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 2 = 32

Dale's jaw drops as he sees the Hhruul and they begin to speak with him. He's studied this race extensively on the Discovery Channel and begins to take in their mannerisms with such attentiveness he hopes it isn't creepy. "Hoot to you all too, I am called Dale. Some call me 'Sage' because of all the interesting things I manage to remember. Let me tell you what I know to get you back to Arcadia..."

K Geography, heroism: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 2 = 26

201 to 250 of 571 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Lorenzo's #10-00: The Hao Jin Cataclysm (Tier 5-6) PbP Gameday VIII All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.