[Gameday VIII] GM Eclipse: The Hao Jin Cataclysm (Inactive)

Game Master Agent Eclipse

Hao Jin Cataclysm Slides


151 to 200 of 256 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

As the next phase will be starting tomorrow just going to call for multiple checks.

The group finds the book without any trouble and quickly reads aloud the words. Looking at the two acolytes you notice the blood dissipate as they regain control and look at you with gratitude. The haze of the nightmare fades and the wisp flies onward. This time you are lead to the meditation room...

The sight unfolded before you is several monks contorted in painful positions throwing glass spheres about the room. They chant "Bind my soul to Sifkesh!" aloud while doing so. Possibly more disturbing is the worms crawling over the room and monks.

The group can attempt to manipulate the spheres: Sleight of Hand or Demonstrate proper techniques: Acrobatics.

---

The chapel is filled with enraptured members of the temple while a bloated corpse preaches profane sermons from the balcony. The heresy and ugly truths set you at unease.

The group can drown him out: Perform or Distract the congregation: Bluff.

---

The refectory houses the dining room where two dozen acolytes gorge upon a rotting mess of scorched dirt and decaying vermin. The sounds of choking and gagging fills the room.

The group can flip the table: Maneuver or Treat the sick: Heal.

---

Finally in the kitchen is a halfling in great distress. He waves around a fingerless left hand as he wails in anguish.

"Korada has forsaken us! Abandon all hope!" he cries again and again.

The group can Instill hope: Will or Talk him down: Diplomacy.

---

If we can't finish that is fine. I will summarize the other locations and this one but wanted to describe the temple and trails ahead.

Grand Lodge

Male CG dwarf rogue 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC:16 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:+4 CMD:17 (21 vs bull rush/trip)| Saves F:+5 R:+6 W:+4 (+2 vs poison/spells) | Init:+2 | Per:+7 (+8 traps) | SM: +6

Kranzer moves forward and attempts to dodge through the spheres, demonstrating the agility a dwarf body might attain.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

-----

Then, Kranzer tries his best to distract the congregation by producing a set of playing cards and flashing them about. "Anyone wanna play a game?!"

Bluff: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4 If Profession (gambler) is an acceptable replacement, the total would be 11 (+6 skill bonus).

------

After that, once the group moves on, Kranzer tries to flip over the table.

Maneuver: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

-------

Lastly, Kranzer attempts to instill hope in the halfling. "Don't give up on yer god now, neh? That's when ya need to believe the most!"

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Grand Lodge

NG Halfling Wizard 4 | Mods: Continual Flame | HP: 24/24 | AC/Tch/FF 17/14/14 | CMD 12 | F/R/W +4/+6/+6 (+2 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft | Init: +5 (Forewarned) | +1 Star Folio Re-Roll 1/1, Diviner's Fortune 6/6, Spells/Abilities tracked on Profile | Perc: +2, SM: +0

The halfling hops to it, trying to help her allies.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

-----

Bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

-----

CMB: 1d20 ⇒ 12

-----

Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 +2 vs. Fear Effects

Silver Crusade

Human Rogue CG 4 | HP 35/35| AC 20 T 15 FF 20* | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +11 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Current Effects: none

I've seen some odd things as a Pathfinder, thinks Travail, but this takes the cake.

As he dances through glass spheres, Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20, pulls the queen of hearts out of Kranzer's deck and flashes it about Bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16, knocks the rat carcasses out of the way CMB: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13, and tells the fingerless halfling, unaware that he's told a joke,, "The dwarf is right, halfling, Korada always helps the little people." Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Grand Lodge

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

Aram Zey stands once more before the tapestry, a renewed light in his sunken eyes. “The Hao Jin Tapestry is stable at last. While you were performing your duties, I have reached a better understanding of the chaos you faced. The tapestry is still in dire condition. Lacking Hao Jin’s own magic, the tapestry has been using small pieces of departing souls to maintain itself over the centuries. This mechanism is depleting the tapestry’s water sources and spawning undead horrors. However, thanks to you, we have time to search for a more permanent fix. For now, get some rest, and—”

The former Master of Spells staggers back as a three-foot tear down the center of the fabric gouts sudden flame. Pathfinder agents flock around him, scrambling to assess the damage. A vein pops out on his forehead, and he yells sharply, “Pathfinders! What have you done?” He cuts himself short, taking a deep breath and muttering to himself, “Keep it together. Don’t take it out on the agents.” Frowning, he returns his gaze to the tapestry, his eyes darting wildly across its surface. When he speaks again, his voice is low and determined, “This new rift is no accident. Something is attacking the tapestry from the Astral Plane. Damage of this magnitude must have spawned hundreds more undead. Quickly, re-enter the demiplane and fend off the invaders!”

GMs, please begin part 3!

Silver Crusade

Human Rogue CG 4 | HP 35/35| AC 20 T 15 FF 20* | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +11 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Current Effects: none

Before rushing back into the tapestry, Travail will attempt to renew his longstrider effect.

UMD rolls, need 20 for success, 1 is autofail:

Use Magic Device, wand of longstrider: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Use Magic Device, wand of longstrider: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Use Magic Device, wand of longstrider: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Use Magic Device, wand of longstrider: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Travail's feet suddenly feel more agile!

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 4.0 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 15 (FF 13) | HP 30/30 | Init +2 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +4 (Cold Resistance 10) | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 6/6 | Spells: 1 (7/7), 2 (4/4),

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Hudor attempts to show proper technique with the glass throwing monks but stumbles his way through.

Bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
He has better luck in trying to distract the congregation.

CMB: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
He goes to flip the table to get rid of the foul stuff some of them are eating.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
He finally tries to talk down the mad halfling but doesn't seem to go anywhere.

-------------

Seeing more battles are about to start, Hudor enchants himself as a field of force forms to protect him.

Cast Mage Armor: Last 3 hours.

Scarab Sages

Male elf ranger 4 |HP:32/32|AC20/FF15/T15|Init +4 +2 underground|F+3R+8W+3*+2 vs enchantment|Perception +11 +2 vs human, +2 underground

if needed before the starts of part3
Daeron tries to moves the sphere with grace.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Then tries to distract the congregation
Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Overthrow a table to protect those inside
CMB: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
To finally try to instill hope with all his will.
Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 +2 vs Enchantment

==== Part 3 ====

Before following Travail, Daeron uses his own wand of longstrider to get more quick.

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

With Zhuang’s demons defeated, he comes out of his twisted nightmares. He gathers his pupils around him and begs forgiveness. Then he turns to the group, bowing and offering his deepest gratitude.

"The Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment will forever remain a haven for Pathfinders! It it the least I can offer but we will also aid you on your mission." he says with graciousness and determination. The PCs unlock a special boostoption for the Burst of Healing Aid Token.

---

As the group gathers around Aram Zey he points out two points of focus for the new tear. One depicts undead pouring out across the tapestry while the other shows astral foes tearing away at it. The group chooses Undead or Astral. Will go at two decisions.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 4.0 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 15 (FF 13) | HP 30/30 | Init +2 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +4 (Cold Resistance 10) | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 6/6 | Spells: 1 (7/7), 2 (4/4),

"Even though I don't like fighting undead, I think we might have an easier time of it than going after the astral enemies. We should let others deal with them."

My vote: Undead

Silver Crusade

Human Rogue CG 4 | HP 35/35| AC 20 T 15 FF 20* | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +11 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Current Effects: none

Travail shivers from the negative energy he endured at the hand of the wight. Devil you know, or the devil you don't, he thinks. Still, his brush with death has him rattled. "Lets go forward and help stop the astral threat," Travail votes.

Scarab Sages

* * Pathfinder Core! * * F Gnome 4 Cleric Wizard
Tag:
HP: 27/27 | AC 19; TC 12; FF 18 | CMB +0; CMD 11 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +10 | Init +7 |Perc: +6, SM: +10 | Speed 15ft

Yabatha nods, listening to both her allies comments, "I am a little tired of undead threats for one day, let us test our mettle agasint the astral invadders."

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

New Slide with the Area Secured benefits. Worth a look at using.

With the group leaning towards the countering the astral invasion they all place their hands on the tapestry...

As they look up from the ruins they are teleported to a gaping hole mars the sky of the tapestry. Beyond the rift, dozens of strange vessels float in the Astral Plane, crawling with invaders. Every surface of the tapestry realm stretches and tears as it tries to repair itself, creating more rifts in a slow but devastating chain reaction. The vessels deploy invaders to wreak havoc as the demiplane disintegrates.

The group has roughly a 10 minute march to the location the vessels are centered over.

Once you arrive a another set of ruins a horde of towering humanoids approaches, Aram Zey’s voice booms. “Pathfinders, these giants may be simpleminded, but our allies can’t outwit them without your help. Get out there and teach them a lesson.”

The creatures look like monstrous humanoids but like the undead from before have strands of the tapestry woven around them.

GM:

O1: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
O2: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
O3: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Hudor: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 4 = 8
Kaya: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 4 = 11
Kranzer: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 4 = 20
Yabatha: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 4 = 20
Daeron: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 4 = 25+2 underground
Travail: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 4 = 30

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1 - Bold may act
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Travail
Yabatha
Kranzer
Daeron
--------------
Astral Humanoid Red
--------------
Kaya
Hudor
--------------
Astral Humanoid Blue
Astral Humanoid Black

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT

PENDING

Scarab Sages

* * Pathfinder Core! * * F Gnome 4 Cleric Wizard
Tag:
HP: 27/27 | AC 19; TC 12; FF 18 | CMB +0; CMD 11 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +10 | Init +7 |Perc: +6, SM: +10 | Speed 15ft

Yabatha moves forward, "These things look big, and...oh my, the Tapestry really is falling apart. I wonder why this is happening..."

"What in Nethy's name are those things..?"
Something?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 - dr, and special abilities?

She readies to throw a telekinetic fist at a creature who moves into range of 35 ft.
Telekinetic Fist: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 171d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 - vs touch ac

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

Yabatha notices the forms underneath the swirling tapestry strands are ogres. Brutal hideous creatures that delight in the misery of others. These basic ones have nothing special about them other than brutish strength and one track minds, your death.

The creature’s python-thick apish arms and stumpy legs conspire to drag dirty knuckles through the dusty ruins. The stooped giants blink their dim eyes and an excess of soupy drool spill over their bulbous lips. The misshapen features resemble a man’s face rendered in watercolor, then distorted by a careless splash. It snarls a sound the offspring of bear and man might make, showing flat black teeth well suited for grinding bones to paste.

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1 - Bold may act
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Travail
Yabatha
Kranzer
Daeron
--------------
Astral Ogre Red
--------------
Kaya
Hudor
--------------
Astral Ogre Blue
Astral Ogre Black

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT

PENDING

Grand Lodge

Male CG dwarf rogue 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC:16 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:+4 CMD:17 (21 vs bull rush/trip)| Saves F:+5 R:+6 W:+4 (+2 vs poison/spells) | Init:+2 | Per:+7 (+8 traps) | SM: +6

Kranzer jabs a stubby index finger at the tapestry's sky. "Well ain't I a gargoyle's pimple. Look'a that!"

Then he turns his attention to the astral ogres, drawing out his short bow. "I assume stabbin' and shootin' still works on these guys, eh?"

He moves forward, and tries to take a shot at the lead ogre.

Shortbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
DMG: 1d6 ⇒ 1
sneak attack (if applicable): 3d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 3) = 11

Silver Crusade

Human Rogue CG 4 | HP 35/35| AC 20 T 15 FF 20* | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +11 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Current Effects: none

Might as well use some of these boons. I'm guessing these ogres hit pretty hard, so I vote we use the Slave Mountain one that gives us all 6 temporary hit points.

Can Travail tell if the ogres have ranged weapons?

If not:

With the ogres so far in the distance, Travail chooses to stay behind cover in order to surprise the ogres when they get closer. "Let's make them come to us," he suggests quietly to his companions. He notches an arrow and peeks around the ruin walls.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Ready action. Travail will step out when the ogres get in sneak attack range. Will take rolls when that happens.

Grand Lodge

NG Halfling Wizard 4 | Mods: Continual Flame | HP: 24/24 | AC/Tch/FF 17/14/14 | CMD 12 | F/R/W +4/+6/+6 (+2 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft | Init: +5 (Forewarned) | +1 Star Folio Re-Roll 1/1, Diviner's Fortune 6/6, Spells/Abilities tracked on Profile | Perc: +2, SM: +0

Kaya supports Travail's idea to use that boon.

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

Noted on the boon use. Let me know if there are any others. Travail can see they have javalins and greatclubs.

Scarab Sages

Male elf ranger 4 |HP:32/32|AC20/FF15/T15|Init +4 +2 underground|F+3R+8W+3*+2 vs enchantment|Perception +11 +2 vs human, +2 underground

Daeron shoots at one of the Ogre blue

Longbow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
damages: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Silver Crusade

Human Rogue CG 4 | HP 35/35| AC 20 T 15 FF 20* | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +11 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Current Effects: none

Travail will stick with his readied action.

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

Daerons arrow burrows into the arm of the ogre with blue armbands but Kranzers misses it's mark.

The ogres roar as the red one charges forward tossing a javelin. The large spear sails over the group however.

GM:

Javelin: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 - 2 = 2

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1 - Bold may act
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Travail
Yabatha
Kranzer
Daeron
--------------
Astral Ogre Red
--------------
Kaya
Hudor
--------------
Astral Ogre Blue(-6)
Astral Ogre Black

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT

PENDING

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 4.0 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 15 (FF 13) | HP 30/30 | Init +2 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +4 (Cold Resistance 10) | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 6/6 | Spells: 1 (7/7), 2 (4/4),

Hudor moves to get in range and sends a cold ray of energy toward the nearest ogre.

Cold Ray (Range Touch) vs Red: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Cold Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Move: 30'
Standard: Cold Ray

Grand Lodge

NG Halfling Wizard 4 | Mods: Continual Flame | HP: 24/24 | AC/Tch/FF 17/14/14 | CMD 12 | F/R/W +4/+6/+6 (+2 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft | Init: +5 (Forewarned) | +1 Star Folio Re-Roll 1/1, Diviner's Fortune 6/6, Spells/Abilities tracked on Profile | Perc: +2, SM: +0

Kaya moves down and out to try to get wide. Unable to get into range of her closer spells, she releases another couple orbs of force at the blue cloaked ogre with the arrows sticking out of it.

Move 20 ft, Standard to cast Magic Missile (Using Pearl of Power Lvl 1) at Blue for 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 2 = 8

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

Kaya blasts the blue-banded ogre with missiles of force energy drawing his attention. Hudor attempts to put the ogre with the red armband on ice as the beam encases its legs in a thin layer of rime.

GM:

Javelin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Javelin: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 1 - 2 = 11

The rest of the ogres also appear to lack accuracy as their javelins slam into the shattered walls around the group.

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 2 - Bold may act
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Travail
Yabatha
Kranzer
Daeron
--------------
Astral Ogre Red (-5)
--------------
Kaya
Hudor
--------------
Astral Ogre Blue(-14)
Astral Ogre Black

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT

PENDING

Silver Crusade

Human Rogue CG 4 | HP 35/35| AC 20 T 15 FF 20* | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +11 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Current Effects: none

Travail steps out of the shadows and releases an arrow, hoping he's caught the ogre blue off-guard.

15 feet of movement

MW comp short bow, point blank: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 1 = 16

damage, sneak attack: 1d6 + 1 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 + (3, 4) = 11

Scarab Sages

* * Pathfinder Core! * * F Gnome 4 Cleric Wizard
Tag:
HP: 27/27 | AC 19; TC 12; FF 18 | CMB +0; CMD 11 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +10 | Init +7 |Perc: +6, SM: +10 | Speed 15ft

"Nice going everyone! We should be take care of these astral-ogres in no time! Taaaaake this!" as she hurls her telekinetic fist at the black creature.
Telekinetic Fist (1/6): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 161d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 - touch

Scarab Sages

Male elf ranger 4 |HP:32/32|AC20/FF15/T15|Init +4 +2 underground|F+3R+8W+3*+2 vs enchantment|Perception +11 +2 vs human, +2 underground

Daeron continues to harass the ogre, shooting a the same one blue after moving.

Longbow, PbS: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 = 14
Damages, PbS: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

Delaying Kranzer.

Travail and Daeron both have shots that just barely miss their marks leaving the ogres unscathed but in a worse mood. However Yabatha is able to leave a small lump on the side of the rear ogres face.

One of the ogre charges forward drawing his greatclub and swinging at the closest enemy, Hudor. The club crashes down to his left leaving a sizeable crater in the dry earth.

GM:

Greatclub: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Damage: 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (1, 2) + 7 = 10

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 2 - Bold may act
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Travail
Yabatha
Daeron
--------------
Astral Ogre Red (-5)
--------------
Kaya
Hudor
Kranzer
--------------
Astral Ogre Blue(-14)
Astral Ogre Black(-2)

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT

PENDING

Grand Lodge

Male CG dwarf rogue 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC:16 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:+4 CMD:17 (21 vs bull rush/trip)| Saves F:+5 R:+6 W:+4 (+2 vs poison/spells) | Init:+2 | Per:+7 (+8 traps) | SM: +6

Sorry about that.

Kranzer drops his bow and flicks his two shortswords out in one smooth motion. Then he takes a step into melee range of the spectral ogre. "Stabbin' it is!"

mwk shortsword, TWF: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 2 = 20
DMG: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

mwk shortsword, TWF: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 2 = 19
DMG: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Grand Lodge

NG Halfling Wizard 4 | Mods: Continual Flame | HP: 24/24 | AC/Tch/FF 17/14/14 | CMD 12 | F/R/W +4/+6/+6 (+2 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft | Init: +5 (Forewarned) | +1 Star Folio Re-Roll 1/1, Diviner's Fortune 6/6, Spells/Abilities tracked on Profile | Perc: +2, SM: +0

Kaya moves forwards, turns towards the beast threatening Kranzer and squares her shoulders, pointing her finger at the creature and incanting a brief arcane phrase. Zipping out from the tip of her index finger is a boiling hot ray of heat!

Move then Attack Red with Scorching Ray.

Scorching Ray vs. Touch + PBS: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 1 = 22 for Fire + PBS: 4d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 3, 2, 4) + 1 = 15 (She has Precise Shot)

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

As Kranzer slices off large swathes of the ogres flesh it roars for only a moment as the vocal cords along with most of what remains is left in a smoldering pile of cinders.

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 2 - Bold may act
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Travail
Yabatha
Daeron
Kaya
Hudor
Kranzer
--------------
Astral Ogre Blue(-14)
Astral Ogre Black(-2)

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT

PENDING

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 4.0 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 15 (FF 13) | HP 30/30 | Init +2 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +4 (Cold Resistance 10) | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 6/6 | Spells: 1 (7/7), 2 (4/4),

Hudor takes a step back and then unleashes another Cold Ray but this time at the spectral ogre directly in front of him.

Cold Ray (Range Touch) vs Blue: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Grand Lodge

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

Aram Zey speaks out through the tapestry. “The assault from the Astral Plane has been turned aside! But the tapestry remains in danger. Fight on!”

GMs, the Astral Invaders Retreat condition on page 29 is in effect.

The Exchange

Male Tian (Tokyo) Human Wizard/4

The ogres begin unraveling at a much quicker pace and the beam from Hudor causes the closest one to explode into frosty wisps of aether.

The last ogre roars defiantly and rushes forward as his own body threatens to fall apart. It reaches the group and slams down at Travail with its greatclub...

GM:

Greatclub: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

...however it misses and a the rage falters for a moment.

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 3 - Bold may act
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Travail
Yabatha
Daeron
Kaya
Hudor
Kranzer
--------------
Astral Ogre Black(-2)

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT

PENDING

Scarab Sages

* * Pathfinder Core! * * F Gnome 4 Cleric Wizard
Tag:
HP: 27/27 | AC 19; TC 12; FF 18 | CMB +0; CMD 11 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +10 | Init +7 |Perc: +6, SM: +10 | Speed 15ft

"Haha- what a powerful spell, Kaya! I wish I could do magic like you!" She focuses her energy and will take another shot with her abilities at the last oger standing.

Hand of the Acolyte 2/6: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 251d8 ⇒ 8
Confirm?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 71d8 ⇒ 3 … awww

She sends her quarterstaff right at the creatures head!

Scarab Sages

Male elf ranger 4 |HP:32/32|AC20/FF15/T15|Init +4 +2 underground|F+3R+8W+3*+2 vs enchantment|Perception +11 +2 vs human, +2 underground

Daeron moves and shoots at the last standing ogre.

Longbow, PbS: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 = 26
Damages, PbS: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7

Grand Lodge

Male CG dwarf rogue 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC:16 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:+4 CMD:17 (21 vs bull rush/trip)| Saves F:+5 R:+6 W:+4 (+2 vs poison/spells) | Init:+2 | Per:+7 (+8 traps) | SM: +6

Kranzer blinks at Kaya, bits of astral ogre goo evaporating from his face, and, for once, is left speechless. After a moment's more hesitation, he turns and attempts to roll in under the last ogre's defenses to stab at its midsection.

Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

mwk shortsword: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
DMG: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Grand Lodge

NG Halfling Wizard 4 | Mods: Continual Flame | HP: 24/24 | AC/Tch/FF 17/14/14 | CMD 12 | F/R/W +4/+6/+6 (+2 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft | Init: +5 (Forewarned) | +1 Star Folio Re-Roll 1/1, Diviner's Fortune 6/6, Spells/Abilities tracked on Profile | Perc: +2, SM: +0

Kaya smiles as the beastly enemy collapses under the scorching flame. She turns to Yabatha, "Oh sweetie, you can do it too. It just takes hours and hours and days and weeks and months of practice!"

She casually steps back out of range of the last enemy and takes a similar stance, though with a much smaller effect. A small beam of cold zips out instead of the swath of heat from earlier.

5-ft step, Ray of Frost at Black.

Ray of Frost vs. Touch + PBS: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 = 23 for Cold + PBS: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 (She has Precise Shot)

Silver Crusade

Human Rogue CG 4 | HP 35/35| AC 20 T 15 FF 20* | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +11 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Current Effects: none

Travail drops his bow, tumbles to avoid the ogre's great club, draws his weapons, and then takes a stab at the surrounded ogre.

Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

mwk rapier, flanking: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 16

mwk rapier, sneak attack: 1d6 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (1, 5) = 11

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 4.0 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 15 (FF 13) | HP 30/30 | Init +2 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +4 (Cold Resistance 10) | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 6/6 | Spells: 1 (7/7), 2 (4/4),

Not wanting to waste his more valuable Cold Rays anymore, he instead unleashes the weaker Ray of Frost at the last ogre.

Ray of Frost (Range Touch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Cold Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

The onslaught of beams and blades sends astral threads and chunks of ogre careening into the air. The group only gets a moment to revel in victory before a team of Pathfinder agents burst through their own portals.

"Let's go! The astral enemies have been routed but some undead are still pouring through the Tapestry. We are almost clear of the disaster...at least before something else happens." they go on while using magic on your own portals. They usher you through and instead of the briefing room you are now back in the ancient ruins you once helped the Lizardfolk with.

Initiative:

Hudor: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Kaya: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Kranzer: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Yabatha: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Daeron: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 +2 underground
Travail: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Enemy: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Atop the ziggurant is a humanoid figured covered in funeral wrappings shambling around. Knowledge (religion).

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1 - Bold may act
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Travail
Yabatha
Daeron
Kaya
Hudor
Kranzer
--------------
Enemy

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT

PENDING

Scarab Sages

* * Pathfinder Core! * * F Gnome 4 Cleric Wizard
Tag:
HP: 27/27 | AC 19; TC 12; FF 18 | CMB +0; CMD 11 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +10 | Init +7 |Perc: +6, SM: +10 | Speed 15ft

"Wow, okay, I guess we are moving on! More astral enemies...oh wait, what is that?" She looks at the creature to determine what it is.

Kn Religion: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 - dr? special abilities?

She turns to Kaya, and put a hand on her shoulder casting guidance. "You are a powerful wizard, Kaya, but even the strongest of hero's could always use some guidance from a friend. May your spell find it's target." She smiles warmly, and moves toward the enemy.

Grand Lodge

Male CG dwarf rogue 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC:16 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:+4 CMD:17 (21 vs bull rush/trip)| Saves F:+5 R:+6 W:+4 (+2 vs poison/spells) | Init:+2 | Per:+7 (+8 traps) | SM: +6

"Ya, les go!" Kranzer says. Stepping through the portal, his belly turns and he takes a moment to steady himself before peering up at the ziggurat.

He stalks forward, drawing out his short bow and readies a shot at the creature if it takes any hostile action.

Readied Bow Shot:

Shortbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
DMG, sneak attack: 1d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + (1, 2) = 8

Grand Lodge

NG Halfling Wizard 4 | Mods: Continual Flame | HP: 24/24 | AC/Tch/FF 17/14/14 | CMD 12 | F/R/W +4/+6/+6 (+2 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft | Init: +5 (Forewarned) | +1 Star Folio Re-Roll 1/1, Diviner's Fortune 6/6, Spells/Abilities tracked on Profile | Perc: +2, SM: +0

Kaya nods her thanks and immediately dashes off to the side while drawing her crossbow.

Double Move while drawing weapon.

Knowledge: Religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 Special Defenses? Elemental Resistance?

Scarab Sages

Male elf ranger 4 |HP:32/32|AC20/FF15/T15|Init +4 +2 underground|F+3R+8W+3*+2 vs enchantment|Perception +11 +2 vs human, +2 underground

Daeron moves and shoots at the creature

Longbow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Damages: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

Kaya and Yabatha both recognize the foe as a mummy. The moldering linen covered corpse is often raised to guard tombs of forgotten nobles or sacred sites. Their flesh is more resilient than more basic undead but the coverings make it susceptible to flames (DR 5/- & Weakness to fire). More worrisome is the rumors that all but the bravest who approach a mummy suffer paralyzing fear and then are left to the cursed attacks that cause victims to wither away (Mind-Affecting Fear Aura 30-feet that can cause Paralysis and a Curse/Disease on successful melee attacks, Mummy Rot.)

The group prepares for battle while Daeron fires an arrow that goes wide.

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1 - Bold may act
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Travail
Yabatha
Daeron
Kaya
Hudor
Kranzer
--------------
Unraveling Mummy

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT

PENDING

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 4.0 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 15 (FF 13) | HP 30/30 | Init +2 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +4 (Cold Resistance 10) | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 6/6 | Spells: 1 (7/7), 2 (4/4),

Hudor moves a little bit closer but off to the side and then sends a ray toward the mummy to sap it of strength.

Ray of Enfeeblement (Range Touch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Strength Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3; Fort Save DC14 for half; Last 3 rounds

Move: 25'
Standard: Spell

Silver Crusade

Human Rogue CG 4 | HP 35/35| AC 20 T 15 FF 20* | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +11 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Current Effects: none

Quite sure the mummy means them harm, Travail moves next to Kranzen and releases an arrow.

mw comp short bow, point blank vs. flat-footed: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 = 12
damage, cold iron, piercing: 1d6 + 1 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 + (2, 4) = 12

Silver Crusade

Human Rogue CG 4 | HP 35/35| AC 20 T 15 FF 20* | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +11 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Current Effects: none

So...anyone have any fire damage spells or abilities left? We've got some tokens to aid with Will saves and we'll want anyone who can do serious damage to the mummy to take them... Kranzen and I can flank it and cause pain with our sneak attacks, plus we have the allied offensive tokens to help, but if anyone's got a fireball or the equivalent now's the time to speak up :)

The other option would be to keep a distance from it and VERY slowly range attack it to death.

151 to 200 of 256 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Gameday VIII] GM Eclipse: The Hao Jin Cataclysm All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.