GM Chadius presents: [Gameday VIII] Hao Jin Cataclysm (Inactive)

Game Master chadius

Maps

Aid Tokens


201 to 241 of 241 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT** (2 of 2)

Suddenly, it becomes clear that the astral invaders’ retreat is merely a ploy. More invaders pour through the rifts to reinforce their companions. Their reckless assault tears the holes wider, and the entire demiplane begins to shift and fold. Locations fade and vanish, reappearing miles away, now separated by a wide expanse of barren, rocky wasteland. The invaders continue to pour through, and the tapestry’s exhausted repair mechanisms cease to function altogether. The triumphant attackers converge on the Pathfinders scattered across the wasteland.

Then, the sky turns red.

A primal screech pierces the tapestry, and a colossal ruby-flamed phoenix appears in the sky, its wings nearly blocking the sun. It swoops across the sky at tremendous speed, its tattered feathers leaving a trail of smoke. With another screech, it flaps its massive wings, and countless fiery feathers shoot towards the invaders. As the feathers strike, they explode, incinerating much of the invading force. Then the phoenix turns its attention to the other outsiders—the mass of Pathfinders—and beats its wings once more. A barrage of feathers strikes the wasteland, and from each resulting inferno emerges a bird of pure ruby-red flames.

Aram Zey’s voice echoes. “Can you hear me, Pathfinders? The tapestry is in its death throes! You are cut off—I cannot help you escape. Destroy the phoenixes—perhaps their magic can repair the tapestry!”

Table GMs, the Tapestry’s Last Defense condition on page 29 is in effect.


As a reminder, you have 2 rounds to prep before this encounter.

All around, flaming feathers barrage the tapestry. The scattered demiplane natives are unharmed by the inferno, as is the landscape itself. Screeches echo across the ruby-tinted landscape, and the tattered birds of ruby fire close in.

One red tinted guardian appears before you in the shape of a magnificent bird. "Begone, foul invaders! I will burn you to ash, and your souls will repair this land!" It screeches as its wings burst in flame!

Initiative:

Quen: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Igor: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Grollax: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Ruinor: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Zildaastin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Evelyn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Enemy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

The bird quickly circles around you, approaching Ruinor and Evelyn. "You reek of Chaos... you will be the first to burn!"

Knowledge(Arcana) DC 13:
This is a Ruby Phoenix Guardian. It can innately detect chaos and its body is extremely hot to touch. For every 5 points you beat the DC, ask another question.


Round 1
Enemy
Quen
Igor (4 damage)
Ruinor
Zildaastin
Grollax (Brak has 7 damage)
Evelyn

Current Map is on slide 1.

Dark Archive

Female Half Elf Swashbuckler 1 Init+3 HP 13/13 AC 15 T 12 FF13 Fort+2 Ref+4 Will+2 Perc+6 Spd 30

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Evelyn moves on the battlefield, taunting the fiery bird, incensed by the insult

I "reek of Chaos", you oversized, charcoal-eating, cinder-sh*tting feathery fire residue? I'll stuff you with my rapier for that words! Open wide this beak, this might gotta hurt, and I really hope so!

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Parry: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Riposte: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Varisian) alchemist (chirurgeon, promethean alchemist) 2 | hp 18/22 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +5 W +0 (+2 v poison) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +8, KnNat +8, Perc +5, SensM +0 |

knowledge (arcana, uses his 'natural 20 result on an ID check' adventure boon): 20 + 8 = 28

"Oooh, It'th pretty." says Igor.

What's a ruby phoenix guardian (type/subtype)? Possible vulnerability? Cultural outlook (typical motivation)? How high is it off the ground?


The pheonix is at ground level right now.

The Ruby Phoenix Guardian is a Variant medium fire elemental. Conjured from the tapestry itself, it is a final line of defense. Its attacks cannot hurt anyone native to the tapestry. It is Lawful Neutral and can communicate in all languages.

Igor knows the Phoenix is vulnerable to cold, taking 50% extra damage against all sources of extreme cold. He also knows they are immune to fire and high heat.

Evelyn flows around the Phoenix, too fast for it to attack. But the phoenix is also too quick, dodging her rapier. "Language!" It chirps angrily at her.


Oooh! So many people to pretend!

Ruinor and Grollax take a careful step away from the creature that's on fire.

Zildaastin draws his starknife and steps in to try to flank with Evelyn. "Let's see if we can send a shock to its system!"

Starknife: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Slashing Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Electric Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

He isn't able to take advantage of the flank, but it doesn't matter. "I've made my point clear, eh?"

Quen casts Guidance on Igor, to improve his aim.


"You would side with chaos?" The phoenix squawks at Zildaastin. "I knew you dirty neutrals couldn't be trusted. But I'll deal with you later!"

The phoenix tries to burn Evelyn with its flaming wings.

Slam: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
If that hit, make a DC 14 Reflex save to avoid catching on fire.

Slam: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
If that hit, make a DC 14 Reflex save to avoid catching on fire.

Evelyn tries to parry but the bird is too quick and slams her twice. Even worse, her armor is about to catch fire!

Round 2
Enemy (12 damage)
Quen
Igor (4 damage, Guidance)
Ruinor
Zildaastin
Grollax (Brak has 7 damage)
Evelyn (4 damage, 2 DC 14 Reflex Saves to avoid Burn)

Current Map is on slide 1.

Dark Archive

Female Half Elf Swashbuckler 1 Init+3 HP 13/13 AC 15 T 12 FF13 Fort+2 Ref+4 Will+2 Perc+6 Spd 30

DC 14 Ref saves: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
DC 14 Ref saves: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Evelyn might be burning, but she wants to get that fiery bird wounded, so she strikes, gritting her teeth through the pain

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Varisian) alchemist (chirurgeon, promethean alchemist) 2 | hp 18/22 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +5 W +0 (+2 v poison) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +8, KnNat +8, Perc +5, SensM +0 |

Igor pulls a tanglefoot bag from his bag and hands it to his misshapen homunculus. He takes a step back.

Scarab Sages

Small Construct 2 HD | hp 16/21 | AC 15 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 13 | F +0 R +2 W +1 | Spd 20', fly 30' (poor) | Init +2 | Perc +6 (darkvision, low-light vision), SensM +1 |

The homunculus takes the bag of alchemical tar from Igor and steps to the mound. Scraps looks to the first base, and then over to third. Quickly, Scraps fakes a throw to first to keep everyone honest. Scraps looks to Evelyn behind the plate to see what she's signalling. 'HELP! I'M ON FIRE!' is the read. Not happy with it, Scraps shakes his head. 'PLEASE HELP ME I AM ON FREAKING FIRE HERE!' comes the responding signal. Happy with the call, the homunculus winds up (a sight not for the faint of heart), and delivers the pitch!

tanglefoot bag v tapestry phoenix (imprecise, range touch, throw anything): 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 4 = 4 Right into the dirt! ;)

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Varisian) alchemist (chirurgeon, promethean alchemist) 2 | hp 18/22 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +5 W +0 (+2 v poison) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +8, KnNat +8, Perc +5, SensM +0 |

Igor sighs.

Dark Archive

Elf Wizard (Fire Elementalist) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13 T 12 FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +3 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | Speed 30' Init +5 Perc +4
Spells:
Fire Jet 7/7 | Sleep/Color Spray/Burning Hands/Shield

With limited options available to him, Ruinor circles around behind Grollax to get a clearer shot at the creature and lobs a glob of acid at it.

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 - 4 = 18
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Sovereign Court

M Gnome Magus 2 | AC: 17/13/15 | HP: 20/21 | Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +4 (+2 vs death/illusion effects) | CMB -2, CMD 10 | Init +4 | Perception +3 | Eldritch Pool: 4/5

"I would!" pipes the gnome. Then, just to annoy the Phoenix-elemental further, he adds, "Twice!"

Spending another point from my pool, then casting chill touch (which does not, unfortunately, deal cold damage) and Spell Combatting in flank with Evelyn.

Spellstrike + chill touch, flank: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 2 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Negative energy: 1d6 ⇒ 3
DC 15 Fort or take 1 Str damage.

Starknife, flank: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 2 + 2 = 25
Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Igor passes a bag of goo to Scraps, who drops it off nowhere close to the phoenix.

Ruinor burns the bird with a glob of acid, while Evelyn and Zildaastin sink their blades into the bird. The creature squeals and bursts into flame, immolating itself.

All that's left is a single, red feather.

Combat Over, but Evelyn is on fire. Quen and Grollax have a chance to put out the flames, or she will take another 1d4 ⇒ 4 fire damage before it extinguishes.

Igor has taken 4 damage. Grollax's eidolon Brak has taken 7. Evelyn has taken 4 damage so far and will take more unless the flames are extinguished.


Left behind is a single ruby feather. You have a chance to use the feather, but how?

Repair:
You can make a DC 18 Craft (cloth), Heal, Knowledge (arcana or planes), Spellcraft, or Use Magic Device check. A successful check consumes the feather, which crumbles to ashes. The ashes ignite into majestic ruby flames, which swirl through the air toward the colossal ruby phoenix in the sky. If you fail the check, the feather’s magic wanes. However, you can pass the feather to another table to be empowered, which restores its magic and allows a second chance to use the repair function. If you fail a check to repair using a feather that has already been empowered, the feather’s magic fades away entirely.

Resurrect:
You may use the feather to cast resurrection on a single member of the party. This consumes the feather’s magic entirely, and it can no longer be used to repair the tapestry. If empowered, the resurrection affects all slain members of the party.

Empower:
You have the option of empowering the feather. To do so, one PC must expend one use of a healing ability (such as channel energy) or an ability that does fire damage, or cast one spell with the (healing) or (fire) descriptor with a sufficient spell level (1st level for Subtiers 1–2)

Please decide what you want to do with the feather. If you vote to repair, make a skill check. Once two of you agree I'll pick the highest roll (or pass it on to another group.)

More birds scream overhead, and you know you only have a short respite before the next one arrives.

You haave 2 rounds to heal and prepare yourself before the next encounter.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Varisian) alchemist (chirurgeon, promethean alchemist) 2 | hp 18/22 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +5 W +0 (+2 v poison) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +8, KnNat +8, Perc +5, SensM +0 |

"I'm very handy with a needle and thread." says the man who looks more or less stitched together himself. Heal +11.

Repair.

Dark Archive

Female Half Elf Swashbuckler 1 Init+3 HP 13/13 AC 15 T 12 FF13 Fort+2 Ref+4 Will+2 Perc+6 Spd 30

After the flames are put down (hopefully), Evelyn speaks to Igor

do your work, man, we're here to save the tapestry.

Dark Archive

Elf Wizard (Fire Elementalist) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13 T 12 FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +3 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | Speed 30' Init +5 Perc +4
Spells:
Fire Jet 7/7 | Sleep/Color Spray/Burning Hands/Shield

I can use my fire jet to empower if we get one.

"Yes, we need to try to repair the tapestry," Ruinor says as he tries to figure out how to use the power of the feather to do that.

Knowledge(Arcana): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Ruinor, Evelyn and Igor agree- repairing the tapestry is the highest priority. Ruinor's magical know how comes into effect, and the feather crumbles to ash. Its embers float through the atmosphere, towards a colossal ruby phoenix in the sky.

Smaller Pheonixes assault other Pathfinders, and you know it's a matter of time until another attacks.

You have 2 rounds to prepare. Next fight will begin tomorrow afternoon.

Dark Archive

Elf Wizard (Fire Elementalist) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13 T 12 FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +3 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | Speed 30' Init +5 Perc +4
Spells:
Fire Jet 7/7 | Sleep/Color Spray/Burning Hands/Shield

Knowing he is limited in what he can do against the fire elementals, Ruinor unslings his crossbow and loads it.

"Heal up before the next one attacks," he reminds the others.

Dark Archive

Female Half Elf Swashbuckler 1 Init+3 HP 13/13 AC 15 T 12 FF13 Fort+2 Ref+4 Will+2 Perc+6 Spd 30

I could do with some healing, afore they attack, by the Seven winds!

Evelyn readies her crossbow too


Quen casts Goodberry, and a bush with 2d4 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4 berries sprouts from the ground.

"Here you go Evelyn. Eat some!"

Each berry immediately heals some of the burns.


Initiative:
Quen: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Igor: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Grollax: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Ruinor: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Zildaastin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Evelyn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Enemy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Another phoenix comes screeching onto the battlefield. "I smell the remains of one of my allies. And more chaotic beings. You won't steal anything more from the tapestry!"

Round 1
Enemy
Quen
Igor (4 damage)
Ruinor
Zildaastin
Grollax (Brak has 7 damage)
Evelyn

Combat is on slide 1.

Dark Archive

Female Half Elf Swashbuckler 1 Init+3 HP 13/13 AC 15 T 12 FF13 Fort+2 Ref+4 Will+2 Perc+6 Spd 30

Shoot: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
light crossbow: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Evelyn aims cautiously, and shoot the phoenix in flight

You use bulls**t, I do a bullseye!

Dark Archive

Elf Wizard (Fire Elementalist) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13 T 12 FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +3 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | Speed 30' Init +5 Perc +4
Spells:
Fire Jet 7/7 | Sleep/Color Spray/Burning Hands/Shield

Ruinor moves over for a clear shot and fires his crossbow. Not having used it in a while, the bolt snaps in two as it wasn't loaded properly. Embarrassed, Ruinor glances over at his companions, hoping no one saw what happened.

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Scarab Sages

Small Construct 2 HD | hp 16/21 | AC 15 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 13 | F +0 R +2 W +1 | Spd 20', fly 30' (poor) | Init +2 | Perc +6 (darkvision, low-light vision), SensM +1 |
Ruinor Starflame wrote:
Ruinor moves over for a clear shot and fires his crossbow. Not having used it in a while, the bolt snaps in two as it wasn't loaded properly. Embarrassed, Ruinor glances over at his companions, hoping no one saw what happened.

Dolefully, Scraps looks back at his perforated butt. The homunculus makes a sighing sound, as one of his buttocks visibly deflates like a punctured balloon.

Resignedly Scraps produces another tanglefoot bag from his frontpack and hurls the sack of goop at the newly arrived foe.

tanglefoot bag v tapestry phoenix (range touch, throw anything, long range): 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 2 = 23

Not sure as to the thing's elevation so additional -2s might apply.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Varisian) alchemist (chirurgeon, promethean alchemist) 2 | hp 18/22 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +5 W +0 (+2 v poison) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +8, KnNat +8, Perc +5, SensM +0 |

If the thing falls, Igor rushes over to bat it with his pointy bludgeon. He has just enough move to get into striking range.

morningstar v (hopefully prone) phoenix: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Reflex Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Tanglefoot duration: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5

"Language!" The phoenix turns to Evelyn. "And rubbish!" It turns to Scraps. With its movement hampered, Igor is able to close in and bash it with his morningstar.

Zildaastin draws his starknife and moves up to stab the beast. "Grollax, who let the dogs out?"

Starknife: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Slashing Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Grollax sighs and conjures Vividaz, who tries to bite the bird.
Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Everyone's attacks strike true, thanks to the tanglefoot goop hindering its movement.
22 damage so far.

Quen casts Guidance upon Evelyn.

"Sending your minions to do your dirty work, eh?" The bird slams Vividaz into the dirt, and it disappears in a puff of smoke.

Slam, Tanglefoot: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 2 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Slam, Tanglefoot: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 2 = 18
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"You're next!"


Round 2
Enemy (22 damage)
Quen
Igor (4 damage)
Ruinor
Zildaastin
Grollax (Brak has 7 damage)
Evelyn (Guidance)

Combat is on slide 1.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Varisian) alchemist (chirurgeon, promethean alchemist) 2 | hp 18/22 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +5 W +0 (+2 v poison) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +8, KnNat +8, Perc +5, SensM +0 |

morningstar v (hopefully prone) phoenix: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Dark Archive

Elf Wizard (Fire Elementalist) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13 T 12 FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +3 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | Speed 30' Init +5 Perc +4
Spells:
Fire Jet 7/7 | Sleep/Color Spray/Burning Hands/Shield

Not wanting to hit a companion, Ruinor takes a step to his left and lobs a glob of acid at the creature.

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 4 = 14
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Scarab Sages

Small Construct 2 HD | hp 16/21 | AC 15 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 13 | F +0 R +2 W +1 | Spd 20', fly 30' (poor) | Init +2 | Perc +6 (darkvision, low-light vision), SensM +1 |

Assuming it is still entangled, and everyone gets their missile attacks out of the way Scraps rushes forward.

**CHOMP!**

bite v phoenix: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

He does this after everyone else gets a crack at it.

Dark Archive

Female Half Elf Swashbuckler 1 Init+3 HP 13/13 AC 15 T 12 FF13 Fort+2 Ref+4 Will+2 Perc+6 Spd 30

Evelyn let her crossbow fall in the dirt, takes her rapier and strikes

Attack with Guidance: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 1 = 21
Dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Sorry if I'm not sorry that my langage hurt your ears. When you'll be dead, this won't worry you anymore, darlin"

If I'm right: Drop crossbow (free), draw rapier (move) , 5 foot step (free) and strike


With your combined efforts, another phoenix falls and is soon reduced to a single ruby feather.

Combat Over. Igor took 4 damage. Grollax's eidolon took 7 damage.

You now decide what to do with the feather.

Repair:
You can make a DC 18 Craft (cloth), Heal, Knowledge (arcana or planes), Spellcraft, or Use Magic Device check. A successful check consumes the feather, which crumbles to ashes. The ashes ignite into majestic ruby flames, which swirl through the air toward the colossal ruby phoenix in the sky. If you fail the check, the feather’s magic wanes. However, you can pass the feather to another table to be empowered, which restores its magic and allows a second chance to use the repair function. If you fail a check to repair using a feather that has already been empowered, the feather’s magic fades away entirely.

Resurrect:
You may use the feather to cast resurrection on a single member of the party. This consumes the feather’s magic entirely, and it can no longer be used to repair the tapestry. If empowered, the resurrection affects all slain members of the party.

Empower:
You have the option of empowering the feather. To do so, one PC must expend one use of a healing ability (such as channel energy) or an ability that does fire damage, or cast one spell with the (healing) or (fire) descriptor with a sufficient spell level (1st level for Subtiers 1–2)

Please decide what you want to do with the feather. If you vote to repair, make a skill check. Once two of you agree I'll pick the highest roll (or pass it on to another group.)

You have 2 rounds to heal up and prepare yourself before the next attack.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Varisian) alchemist (chirurgeon, promethean alchemist) 2 | hp 18/22 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +5 W +0 (+2 v poison) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +8, KnNat +8, Perc +5, SensM +0 |

Igor is a sort of Repair-centric guy, but is curious as well. Roughly speaking, what do we think Empower will do for us?

Sovereign Court

M Gnome Magus 2 | AC: 17/13/15 | HP: 20/21 | Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +4 (+2 vs death/illusion effects) | CMB -2, CMD 10 | Init +4 | Perception +3 | Eldritch Pool: 4/5

Go team! I would vote for Repair.


Empowering the feather lets you pass it on to another table. We're almost done, here, so you might want to Repair.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

The colossal ruby phoenix grows more resplendent and terrifying with each restored feather that soars into the sky to meet it. The magnificent bird lets out a final screech as its shroud of flames intensifies, utterly consuming it. The phoenix is gone. As ruby ashes drift towards the tapestry, the invaders, seeing the tapestry’s last defense has failed, pour through, their entire force pushing through the largest rift in a massive final attack. The entire world shudders as the rift widens.

Aram Zey steps forward to rest under the falling ashes. “Pathfinders, you fought bravely and well, and your sacrifices were not in vain.” Aram Zey pauses, and his expression turns pensive. “But, the tapestry’s tale has not yet ended. There is clearly a force at work here that is greater than we realized,” he gestures out toward the invaders, “Furthermore, we have not permanently repaired the demiplane—we have only patched the worst of the damage and prevented irreversible catastrophe. I fear that…” Aram Zey’s voice trails off for a moment, “Yes, just as I thought.”

The ruby ashes begin to glow, faint as smoldering coals at first, and then intensifying, coalescing, and swirling in beautiful patterns as they lift Aram Zey into the air. “It seems the key to defending the tapestry is allowing its guardian to be reborn. I will do whatever I can to provide the arcane energy necessary to keep the tapestry stable. In the meantime, I hope the Society will search for a more permanent solution. I refuse to believe that the knowledge of the legendary Ruby Phoenix herself has been lost to us forever.” The ashes and Zey converge on a single point, a great ruby ember in the sky. There is a spark, and then the ember explodes. A wave of fire engulfs the tapestry as the Ruby Phoenix emerges from the explosion with a triumphant, piercing cry. Aram Zey floats within its heart, his body engulfed in ruby fire. The explosion’s flames reach the invaders first, turning them to ash and cinders. The flames wash over the tapestry’s defenders without harming them. The tapestry burns—but the fires replenish it, scouring the wasteland and restoring the tapestry’s original environments. The phoenix beats its wings, sending wave after wave of fire into the Astral rift and searing the portal shut. The phoenix soars in a great arc across the sky and flies off toward the sun.

Thank you everyone for playing, this concludes the adventure! Thanks especially to the GMs, ACG box runners, and intrepid backup GMs that made this event possible.

GMs, the house earned the Radiant Ruby Feathers boon.

Sovereign Court

M Gnome Magus 2 | AC: 17/13/15 | HP: 20/21 | Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +4 (+2 vs death/illusion effects) | CMB -2, CMD 10 | Init +4 | Perception +3 | Eldritch Pool: 4/5

Zildaastin braces for impact as the wave of incinerating flames washes over him and his allies-- and feels an odd soothing sensation. It's... warm. I guess the tapestry guardian knows we're here to help and not hurt. "Ladies and gentlemen, it's been an honor saving the world with you." He grins.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Varisian) alchemist (chirurgeon, promethean alchemist) 2 | hp 18/22 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +5 W +0 (+2 v poison) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +8, KnNat +8, Perc +5, SensM +0 |

"Hrmph, and who do thuppothe hath to clean all of thith up now, hmm?" Igor produces a dust pan and small straw whisk.

201 to 241 of 241 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Chadius presents: [Gameday VIII] Hao Jin Cataclysm All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Play-by-Post