GM Chadius presents: [Gameday VIII] Hao Jin Cataclysm (Inactive)

Game Master chadius

Maps

Aid Tokens


1 to 50 of 241 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Welcome to PbP Gameday VIII. We're going to play 10-00: Hao Jin Cataclysm.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Varisian) alchemist (chirurgeon, promethean alchemist) 2 | hp 18/22 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +5 W +0 (+2 v poison) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +8, KnNat +8, Perc +5, SensM +0 |

Igor shuffles along the darkened halls of the Grand Lodge, with his step ladder and cleaning supplies, taking down the wall tapestries one by one, hanging them out the window and beating the dust out of them with his rug beater before returning them to their places along the wall.

Dark Archive

”Grollax” | Male N Medium Gnome Summoner 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 14, T 12, FF 13 | CMD 9 | F +3 R +1 W +2; +2 vs illusions; +2 vs fear when eidolon is within 30 ft | Init +1 | Perc: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: None.

A short Gnome roams the hallways of the Grand Lodge. He speaks in Gnome to himself. Almost as if he holds a conversation with someone who isn’t there.

Gnome:

”Yes Plak. We will show them what you can do!”

”My eidolon is mighty and powerful. Chaos he welcomes.

He walks the halls admiring all things. His white mustache curling up towards his forehead.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Varisian) alchemist (chirurgeon, promethean alchemist) 2 | hp 18/22 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +5 W +0 (+2 v poison) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +8, KnNat +8, Perc +5, SensM +0 |

**Shrug**

"It taketh all kindth." says Igor in Igor. He continues beating the dust out of the wall hangings.

Sovereign Court

M Gnome Magus 2 | AC: 17/13/15 | HP: 20/21 | Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +4 (+2 vs death/illusion effects) | CMB -2, CMD 10 | Init +4 | Perception +3 | Eldritch Pool: 4/5

Zildaastin smiles brightly to his fellow gnome as he tries to remember where he's supposed to go for his next mission.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

Former Master of Spells Aram Zey addresses the assembled Pathfinders as more agents stream into the Grand Lodge. “Pathfinders, an entire world is in danger! The Hao Jin Tapestry is on the brink of collapse. If we do not act now, all its wonders and its people will be lost to us forever. Find your assigned group, aid in our preparations to enter the demiplane however you can, and await further instructions.”

GMs, you have one day to complete your mustering and perform the tasks in Part 1.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Varisian) alchemist (chirurgeon, promethean alchemist) 2 | hp 18/22 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +5 W +0 (+2 v poison) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +8, KnNat +8, Perc +5, SensM +0 |
GM Dennis wrote:
Former Master of Spells Aram Zey addresses the assembled Pathfinders as more agents stream into the Grand Lodge. “Pathfinders, an entire world is in danger!”

Igor pauses his cleaning and sighs. "Ith it Moonday already?"

Grand Lodge

F Grippli Druid (Leshy Warden) | AC: 13/13/11 | HP: 10/10 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 | CMB -2, CMD 10 | Init +2 | Perception +6

"What happens to our world if the tapestry callapses? Are we sucked into the tapestry to disappear forever?" Quen asks the Pathfinders around her when looking for her group.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Varisian) alchemist (chirurgeon, promethean alchemist) 2 | hp 18/22 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +5 W +0 (+2 v poison) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +8, KnNat +8, Perc +5, SensM +0 |

"No, I think that'th Toilthday thing. Normally when a tapethtry collaptheth I check to make thure the mountingth are in the wall good and tight and then jutht hand it up again." Igor says to the small, talking frog. Then he dabs the grippli dry again with his hanky.

Grand Lodge

F Grippli Druid (Leshy Warden) | AC: 13/13/11 | HP: 10/10 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 | CMB -2, CMD 10 | Init +2 | Perception +6

"Thank you so much for caring about my skin, Sir. The air is so dry here." Quen says to Igor.

"My name is Quen, it's nice to meet you. Do you have any idea where to go now? I want to help, but how. I'm new to this organization. I didn't even finish my courses here. I hope they do not send us into the tapestry. What happens if it gets destroyed. Are we captured in there forever?"


Countless Pathfinders stand ready in a large stone room deep beneath the Grand Lodge. A ragged tapestry covered in clashing colors and abstract symbols rests on an inclined slab in the center of the room, surrounded by scaffolds and ladders. Scholars frantically rush along the scaffolds, studying a flurry of rips appearing on the tapestry.

A harried oread woman approaches. “I am Master of Spells Sorrina Westyr. I won’t mince words—the situation is dire. This cloth is the famous Hao Jin Tapestry, an ancient relic the Pathfinder Society acquired in the Ruby Phoenix Tournament six years ago. It contains a vast wealth of locations, treasures, and peoples torn from Golarion by the sorceress Hao Jin. We have explored many regions of the tapestry, struggled to keep the Aspis Consortium from turning its populace against us, and devised a means to use the tapestry for fast travel across all of Golarion. But now, it has begun to unravel. We must act quickly to repair the tapestry—and that means sending agents into the demiplane itself. Our former Master of Spells, Aram Zey, knows more about the tapestry than anyone here. He is preparing a formal briefing. In the meantime, familiarize yourself with your team, discuss any previous experience you may have with the Hao Jin Tapestry, and gather what information and resources you can.”

”One more thing, and this is important: you will be able to retreat safely from the tapestry to Absalom. However, we cannot risk damaging the tapestry further by sending groups back and forth. Be sure that you gather everything you need before entering the tapestry, because once you return to Absalom, you will no longer be a part of this mission.”

As Pathfinders scramble to and fro, you have opportunities to prepare for the upcoming mission.
For each task, choose one of the relevant skills and then make a roll. You can choose to either roll or Aid Another using the same skill the leader is using.

Assess the Damage:
The tapestry itself seems quite plain, edges are frayed. A simple magical analysis, though, reveals an incredible amount of magical energy surging forth. Maybe you can discern what is happening to it?

Make one of the following skill checks: Appraise, Disable Device
DC 12 or higher

Spoiler:
You notice that the largest holes appear around six of the regions that Pathfinder agents visited in the past few years.

DC 15 or higher
Spoiler:
You notice that the tapestry is radiating warmth.

DC 18 or higher
Spoiler:
You notice despite the tapestry’s warmth, there are spots around the largest tears that are chill as a grave. Once during the adventure, when the group encounters one or more undead opponents, the group can activate this reward to grant the PCs a +4 bonus on their initiative checks for that encounter.

Interrogate the Snakes:

Absalom City Guard recently arrested a group of Aspis Consortium agents. The guards know they were trying to break into somewhere, but they aren’t sure where.

”Oh! The Consortium isn’t trying to break into the tapestry.” An elven woman giggles for much too long. ”We tried a week ago, but it’s too unstable. Your problem!” She sticks out her tongue from between the prison bars.

Make one of the following skill checks: Bluff or Intimidate

DC 12 or higher

Spoiler:
You believe her and her Consortium allies. The tapestry must have become too unstable for them to sneak in.

DC 15 or higher
Spoiler:
You manage to learn a bit more about the Consortium’s dealings with groups inside the tapestry. Once during the adventure, one PC can gain a +2 bonus to a Charisma-based skill check made when interacting with a creature in the tapestry.

DC 18 or higher
Spoiler:
Same as DC 15, but when you use the reward you can roll twice and take the better result.

Knowledge of the Weave:

Make one of the following skill checks: Diplomacy (gather information) or Knowledge (local or planes)

What do you know or remember about the Hao Jin Tapestry? You take a moment to recall memories and speak to other Pathfinders about their journeys.

DC 12 or higher

Spoiler:
You recall or learn that many regions in the tapestry are pulled directly from Golarion. However, most of its denizens have lived in the tapestry for their entire lives, and some can trace back many generations to ancestors who lived on the tapestry as well. Once during the adventure, one PC can reroll a failed Knowledge check and use the new result.

DC 15 or higher
Spoiler:
When using the reward above, the PC can instead reroll any one skill check.

DC 18 or higher
Spoiler:
Same as DC 15, but the PC can instead reroll any one d20 roll.

Something is Watching:
As soon as Aram Zey approached, you felt a sudden chill crawl up your spine. You’re not certain what it was. Magical? Whispers in the wind. This time, you listen carefully.

Make one of the following skill checks: Knowledge(arcana or planes), Perception, Sense Motive, Spellcraft

DC 12 or higher

Spoiler:
You feel suddenly anxious, like you’ve just awoken from a nightmare, but the feeling is fleeting.

DC 15 or higher
Spoiler:
You feel suddenly anxious and sense a malicious supernatural presence trying to enter their minds, but you manage to resist. Once during the adventure before rolling a Will save, one PC may add a +2 bonus.

DC 18 or higher
Spoiler:
You feel suddenly anxious and detect a malicious presence. Before fighting it off, they sense its intentions: to feed on the chaos and death in the tapestry. Once during this adventure before attempting a Will save, one PC can roll twice and choose the better result.

Supply Check:
Sorrina made it quite clear: if you leave the Tapestry prematurely you won’t be allowed to return. With this in mind, you make sure to check your climbing gear, food and drink and magical reagents are in tip top shape.

Make one of the following skill checks: Appraise, Craft (any relevant skill), Knowledge (arcana), or Profession (any relevant skill)

DC 12 or higher

Spoiler:
The repair team, grateful for your aid, provides each PC with a potion of cure serious wounds.

DC 15 or higher
Spoiler:
The repair team also provides each PC with an additional potion of the PC’s choice that does not have an expensive material component. This is a 1st-level potion.

DC 18 or higher
Spoiler:
The repair team is supplied well enough to set up a rudimentary shop in the Hao Jin Tapestry. Between encounters, the PCs may purchase items from the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook or Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Equipment with a price of 1,500 gp or less.

Tales from the Tapestry:
You’ve heard about the Pathfinder Society’s many exploits within the Hao Jin Tapestry. Tell your teammates about what you remember. Maybe some of the advice will come in handy...

Make one of the following skill checks: Diplomacy, Knowledge (history), or Perform

DC 12 or higher

Spoiler:
The PCs recall several stories of Pathfinder agents adventuring in the tapestry and dealing with all manner of different peoples and creatures, from ratfolk and lizardfolk to ancient mummies and manipulative demons. Each time the PCs attempt a Knowledge check to identify a creature in the tapestry, one PC can choose to gain a +2 bonus on the check.

DC 15 or higher
Spoiler:
Once during the scenario, each PC can roll twice and take the better result instead of gaining a +2 bonus.

DC 18 or higher
Spoiler:
Instead of rolling the Knowledge check twice to identify the creature (see above), the PC can treat their result as they had rolled a 20. Alternatively, the PC may gain the benefits of the Average result while treating the Knowledge skill as trained.

Travel Tips:
When it’s time for navigation, how do you get around caves, forests and the urban environment? You decide to share tips with your allies...

Make one of the following skill checks: Knowledge (geography or nature), Profession (any relevant profession), or Survival

DC 12 or higher

Spoiler:
The PCs recall the various terrain types from the Pathfinder Society’s previous adventures in the tapestry: buildings, caves and tunnels, ancient ruins, mountains, and deserts. Many more are known to exist within the tapestry as well.

DC 15 or higher
Spoiler:
The PCs share advice for dealing with different terrains. Once during the adventure, one PC can choose to re-roll a failed skill check made as part of their movement (such as Acrobatics, Climb, or Fly).

DC 18 or higher
Spoiler:
The PCs share advice for rapidly adapting to new environments and situations. Each PC can use the benefit from the reward above.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Varisian) alchemist (chirurgeon, promethean alchemist) 2 | hp 18/22 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +5 W +0 (+2 v poison) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +8, KnNat +8, Perc +5, SensM +0 |
Quen Billrup wrote:

"Thank you so much for caring about my skin, Sir. The air is so dry here." Quen says to Igor.

"My name is Quen, it's nice to meet you. Do you have any idea where to go now? I want to help, but how. I'm new to this organization."

"Do you do windowth?"

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Varisian) alchemist (chirurgeon, promethean alchemist) 2 | hp 18/22 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +5 W +0 (+2 v poison) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +8, KnNat +8, Perc +5, SensM +0 |

stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Igor suddenly pops up behind Westyr while she is speaking. With a clothing brush cleans the specks of her that in her rush have fallen off and dirtied her shoulders.

GM chadius wrote:
“...But now, it has begun to unravel....”

Igor thinks back to that new cleaning solution he concocted to clean the tapestries with. Without looking at it he quietly nudges a bucketful of the bubbling green stuff out of scene with his boot.

When he gets a chance he looks over the wall rug. It looks okay to the normally threadbare alchemist.

disable device (Assess the Damage): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

And gets a creepy(ier) feeling. Like he has awoken from a nightmare which is not actually all that strange come to think of it.

knowledge (arcana, Something is Watching): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

He checks his equipment and removes his little Galtish maid's bonnet. It looks as though they will be well-supplied.

craft (alchemy, Supply Check): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Then when that is done he turns to aid his fellows with their preparations.

profession (personal assistant, Travel Tips): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

"We will have to prepare ourthelveth for all manner of environmental challengeth."

During his preparations he shouts: "THRAPTH!"

Scarab Sages

Small Construct 2 HD | hp 16/21 | AC 15 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 13 | F +0 R +2 W +1 | Spd 20', fly 30' (poor) | Init +2 | Perc +6 (darkvision, low-light vision), SensM +1 |

From out of a broom closet there scuttles a small aberration wear a more or less complete Galtish maid's outfit. The horrid thing seems to be a crudely sewn together pastiche of every creature ever put in a bestiary (including the tojanida), a sort of collected crib note of fauna-kind. If ever anyone needed a remembrance of some mammal, insect, crustacean, reptile, or cephalopod they need only look at this thing for a hint.

"Ppppprrrrrrrrrrtttt." It squelches wetly.

Igor orders the ghastly collection of sewn parts to help him prepare, which the thing does.

Dark Archive

Female Half Elf Swashbuckler 1 Init+3 HP 13/13 AC 15 T 12 FF13 Fort+2 Ref+4 Will+2 Perc+6 Spd 30

By all the seas and the seven winds, what do they think I am? A carpet seller? Lemme see that loot, willya?

The half elf woman power walks toward the Igor and gets a look at the tapestry

An old, smelly rug like that, powerful?

Disable device: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

See these six holes? I Heard of travels by pathfinders that were in these part of the world, didn't ya? Can't be a coincidence. My name is Evelyn, if you need a name.

she scratches her head, right Under the bandana up her hair. She doens't seems (too much) affected by Iggor's appearance

We're on the same crew, it seems. I'm a fencer and a sailor, what is your trade?

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Varisian) alchemist (chirurgeon, promethean alchemist) 2 | hp 18/22 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +5 W +0 (+2 v poison) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +8, KnNat +8, Perc +5, SensM +0 |
Evelyn Kellbor wrote:
We're on the same crew, it seems. I'm a fencer and a sailor, what is your trade?

"I'm Igor" says Igor as if that explains everything.

Folks can go ahead and open the spoilers that Igor unlocked. He would share them in his Igor-like way.

Dark Archive

Elf Wizard (Fire Elementalist) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13 T 12 FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +3 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | Speed 30' Init +5 Perc +4
Spells:
Fire Jet 7/7 | Sleep/Color Spray/Burning Hands/Shield

Ruinor listens as the Master of Spells describes the problem at hand. Concerned that such a valuable relic could be lost, he moves closer to get a better look.

Without any formal training in weaving, the best he can do is help point out a few things.

Aid Another (Appraise) for Assess the Damage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

He also does his best to help someone interrogate the prisoners.

Aid Another (Bluff or Intimidate) for Interrogate the Snakes: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Finally moving on to something he might be able to help with, he tries to recall what he has read about the tapestry.

Knowledge(Planes) for Knowledge of the Weave: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Snapping to attention at the sudden chill up his spine, Ruinor tries to determine what it was.

Spellcraft for Something is Watching: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

He also tries to recall what he has heard from others about the tapestry

Knowledge(History) for Tales from the Tapestry: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Dark Archive

Elf Wizard (Fire Elementalist) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13 T 12 FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +3 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | Speed 30' Init +5 Perc +4
Spells:
Fire Jet 7/7 | Sleep/Color Spray/Burning Hands/Shield

Ruinor shares what he knows with the others and thanks them for doing the same. "I'm Ruinor, a wizard specializing in fire. Throughout my studies I have also accumulated quite a bit of knowledge in other areas that may be useful," he says.

Dark Archive

”Grollax” | Male N Medium Gnome Summoner 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 14, T 12, FF 13 | CMD 9 | F +3 R +1 W +2; +2 vs illusions; +2 vs fear when eidolon is within 30 ft | Init +1 | Perc: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: None.

Grollax listens intently trying to pick up any useful knowledge from his fellow Pathfinders.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

”Ive heard of Pathfinder agents adventuring in the tapestry and dealing with all manner of different peoples and creatures, from ratfolk and lizardfolk to ancient mummies and manipulative demons.”
A gnome says from the corner.

”I do believe my eidolon and I will enjoy this trip.”

Gnome:

”I can barely contain myself.”

Sovereign Court

M Gnome Magus 2 | AC: 17/13/15 | HP: 20/21 | Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +4 (+2 vs death/illusion effects) | CMB -2, CMD 10 | Init +4 | Perception +3 | Eldritch Pool: 4/5

Assess the Damage: Appraise: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Interrogate the Snakes: Bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Knowledge of the Weave: Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Something Is Watching: Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Supply Check: Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Tales from the Tapestry: Perform (wind): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Travel Tips: Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
All untrained except Knowledge (arcana) and Perform (wind)

"A one-way trip, eh?" Zil digs through his pack. "A gnome must be prepared... Oh! I believe I know some people who can help!"
Igor and I both did well on that one. Are the Supply Check benefits cumulative?

"All right, so I've never been in myself, but I've heard quite a few things about the Tapestry. Perhaps some of this will be of use to us?"
So one PC gets an automatic natural 20 on every Knowledge check made to identify a creature, or Average results and considered trained.

"Where are my manners?" The gnome sweeps his hat off his head in a low bow. "Zildaastin Pembledrove, at your humble service!"

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

Aram Zey cries out in alarm as a massive rip appears in the Hao Jin Tapestry. A silvery void dances within the breach. “The rifts are widening—we’re running out of time! Quickly, Pathfinders. Finish your preparations and gather around the tapestry.”

Aram Zey’s gaze remains fixed on the tapestry as he addresses the crowd around him. He is harried and pale, with dark bags under his bloodshot eyes. His hands tremble slightly as he sets a mug of coffee down on a table already littered with empty cups. “Pathfinders, the Hao Jin Tapestry is falling to pieces. Both the physical object you see before you and the mystical realm it contains have been unraveling for several months, possibly even longer. My only hope is that there is still time to save the tapestry
and those who live inside.”

The former Master of Spells glares at the tapestry for a moment, and then a new rip catches his attention. He jabs a finger at the frayed fabric. “There! You see? The degradation is causing—or perhaps caused by—rifts to the Astral Plane that are appearing throughout the demiplane. Fixing these tears is not as simple as stitching fabric or performing a few rituals. We must enter the tapestry itself, find the rifts, and repair them as best we can. But the tapestry is in chaos—undead horrors are emerging throughout the demiplane, and we do not quite understand why. On top of that, the people and creatures of the tapestry are reacting to the chaos, and they are only making matters worse! That, Pathfinders, is where you come in.”

Aram Zey finally turns to face the crowd gathered around him. “The tapestry is a massive realm, and we have spent years exploring it and using it for travel. I fear that our activities are at least partly responsible for the degradation. I don’t think it’s a coincidence many of the six most damaged areas of the tapestry are sites of previous Pathfinder missions.” Zey’s face twists into a pained expression, “My efforts to repair the demiplane over the course of the last several days have met with nothing but failure. The decline continues to accelerate. I have no choice but to send you into the tapestry to deal with the chaos around these six sites. I’ll be sending in other teams to perform the laborious work of patching the rifts once you’ve established control of the situation. Then I can work on a permanent solution. Time is of the essence. By my estimates, in a little over two day’s time, the entire demiplane will collapse without your efforts. I don’t care what motivates you, whether you want to preserve powerful artifacts, save innocent lives, or be a good Pathfinder—get in there and get the job done.”

Aram Zey returns his gaze to the tapestry, raising his hand to his forehead and wincing in pain. In a low grumble, he adds, “You all are this demiplane’s last hope. Don’t let them down.”

Table GMs, please begin Part 2.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Varisian) alchemist (chirurgeon, promethean alchemist) 2 | hp 18/22 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +5 W +0 (+2 v poison) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +8, KnNat +8, Perc +5, SensM +0 |

"Theeing how dirty it ith, we thhould give it a good beating before going in." Igor says raising his rug beater.

Mission Gear/Bonus potion of cure serious wounds, potion of ant haul; may re-roll a movement-based check. Natural 20 result for one creature ID.


I believe the effects are not cumulative. I'll copy Igor's note (thanks Igor!)
Mission Gear/Bonus potion of cure serious wounds, potion of ant haul; may re-roll a movement-based check. Natural 20 result for one creature ID.

Aram Zey retreats to Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin approaches you to deliver some more information.

“As Aram Zey said, we have identified the six most damaged areas of the tapestry. Unfortunately, each of these areas is populated. In some of them, you’ll find allies who require aid, and in others long-time foes that would thwart our efforts. We must defeat these foes or win them over to our side. Choose your missions carefully! If you have visited the tapestry before, its people are likely to remember you, for good or ill.”

“I do have one piece of good news—the tapestry’s attempts to repair itself have caused loose threads from these six locations to connect to each other. What that means for you is that traveling between those locations once you’re inside should be straightforward. Advance scouts tell us these connections look like bridges made of tattered fabric decorated to resemble the two locations in the tapestry that the bridge connects.”

“As for getting back home, when you enter, you’ll leave a little blue portal behind you. It’s called an astral eddy, and it’s your personal connection to the Material Plane. Walk back into it, and you’ll reappear in Absalom. Once you’ve come home, though, we won’t be sending you back in.”

“You have two days to complete as many missions as you can, but don’t be so hasty that you throw away your lives. Take the time to rest if you find a safe place.”
Valsin hands you a sheet noting the missions. Six of them, in fact. Where will you go first?

Part 2’s Missions:

Completing any of the missions below can assist in the Pathfinder Society’s efforts to secure a region of the tapestry. Choose carefully, as you likely do not have time to tackle every mission.

Mission 1: Visit our Muckmouth lizardfolk allies, help them fight back an incursion of undead, and secure a source of magic relics for their tribe.

Mission 2: Our ratfolk allies in Round Mountain sent out a call for help. The entire mountain is unstable, and dangerous creatures abound! Secure passage to the Pagoda of the Rat.

Mission 3: The Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment has flourished since we cleansed it of corruption, but now its leader falters in the face of the tapestry’s chaos. Go to the temple and set things right.

Mission 4: The duergar of Slave Mountain are becoming more desperate and aggressive. They are taking slaves beneath the mountain and performing a disturbing ritual. Do what you can to understand their dark plot, and stop the ritual!

Mission 5: The Aspis Consortium poisoned many of the tapestry’s residents against us. Three factions have nonetheless agreed to meet with us. You must convince them to trust the Society in this desperate hour.

Mission 6: We know of a mystical fountain that never runs out of water and so could help with the tapestry’s repairs, but it has stopped working. Secure this eternal water source.

While in the tapestry, you have access to paying for spellcasters, as if it were a large city.
I follow the rule of two. If 2 party members choose a route then we'll go that way. Unless I'm absent for most of the day and the other party members override them.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Varisian) alchemist (chirurgeon, promethean alchemist) 2 | hp 18/22 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +5 W +0 (+2 v poison) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +8, KnNat +8, Perc +5, SensM +0 |

Igor has no preference as he has never been inside before. And remember that second potion on Igor's list is the one he got to personally pick (a 1st level potion with no expensive components). Other folks can get other potions if they like.

Sovereign Court

M Gnome Magus 2 | AC: 17/13/15 | HP: 20/21 | Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +4 (+2 vs death/illusion effects) | CMB -2, CMD 10 | Init +4 | Perception +3 | Eldritch Pool: 4/5

The Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment is one of my favorite scenarios, so we definitely should do mission 3 at some point. However...

"Slavers?! No no no, that will not do. We need to find these deep dwarves at once!"

I vote mission 4.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Varisian) alchemist (chirurgeon, promethean alchemist) 2 | hp 18/22 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +5 W +0 (+2 v poison) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +8, KnNat +8, Perc +5, SensM +0 |

"Thildaathtin ith right! Thlavery ith wrong! I vote for Thlave Mountain!" sprays Igor.

"Thcrapth, collect my thingth!" commands Igor.

Igor votes for Slave Mountain!

Funnily enough, Disney United Arab Emirates (whenever that happens) is going to have a version of their popular Space Mountain attraction by the same name! ;) Visitors get to build a World Cup stadium! It's a small world after all.

Scarab Sages

Small Construct 2 HD | hp 16/21 | AC 15 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 13 | F +0 R +2 W +1 | Spd 20', fly 30' (poor) | Init +2 | Perc +6 (darkvision, low-light vision), SensM +1 |

A small, colorful umbrella pops from the top of Scraps's head to deflect some of the rain.

Dark Archive

Female Half Elf Swashbuckler 1 Init+3 HP 13/13 AC 15 T 12 FF13 Fort+2 Ref+4 Will+2 Perc+6 Spd 30

I'd like to try the last mission, if that can help repairing the tapestry

Mission bonuses: CSW potion, potion of Shield of Faith (CL1)

Scarab Sages

Small Construct 2 HD | hp 16/21 | AC 15 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 13 | F +0 R +2 W +1 | Spd 20', fly 30' (poor) | Init +2 | Perc +6 (darkvision, low-light vision), SensM +1 |
Evelyn Kellbor wrote:
I'd like to try the last mission, if that can help repairing the tapestry

Scraps puts his lobster claw up for that mission. In it's(?) enthusiasm it begins bouncing up and down disturbingly.

Igor gives the small creature some serious stink eye.

Dark Archive

Elf Wizard (Fire Elementalist) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13 T 12 FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +3 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | Speed 30' Init +5 Perc +4
Spells:
Fire Jet 7/7 | Sleep/Color Spray/Burning Hands/Shield

Ruinor looks over his equipment, not sure that he can carry much more and hopes what he has will be enough. He reviews the list of missions with the others. Not wanting to clash with duergar first thing, he votes for trying to fix the fountain.

Supply bonus potion: Monkeyfish

Dark Archive

”Grollax” | Male N Medium Gnome Summoner 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 14, T 12, FF 13 | CMD 9 | F +3 R +1 W +2; +2 vs illusions; +2 vs fear when eidolon is within 30 ft | Init +1 | Perc: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: None.

”Dark rituals and such.” Grollax says with excitement.

”Let’s go there. And with quickness!”

Vote is for mission 4.


You place your hands upon the tapestry. With a word the world around you turns black. Finally your vision restores.

Incoherent murmurs and groans echo through this large, dark cave. Tall stalagmites emerge from the cave floor surrounded by shallow pools of water. Ahead, a dim purplish light emanating from a multifaceted black gemstone the size of a human skull illuminates several humanoid forms heaped around the stone.

As you approach, you witness thirteen unconscious bodies surrounding a solid black sapphire, dark as night itself. Four druegar soldiers surround the stone, and shout as they gather their weapons. One last creature shambles towards you, mumbling nothing but "Kill..."


Initiative:

Quen: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Igor: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Grollax: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Ruinor: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Zildaastin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Evelyn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Enemy: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

K Religion DC 11:
The Redish creature is a zombie, an undead creature- flesh animated to do nothing but kill. For each 5 you beat this DC with, feel free to ask another question.


Despite the enemy's zeal, they are clearly unprepared for your approach. The Pathfinders get to strike first!

Round 1
Igor
Quen
Grollax
Zildaastin
Ruinor
Evelyn
Enemy

Current Map

Sovereign Court

M Gnome Magus 2 | AC: 17/13/15 | HP: 20/21 | Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +4 (+2 vs death/illusion effects) | CMB -2, CMD 10 | Init +4 | Perception +3 | Eldritch Pool: 4/5

Supply bonus potion: expeditious retreat

Zildaastin pulls out a starknife. "Well, look at that. They're right here!"

Double move.

Dark Archive

Female Half Elf Swashbuckler 1 Init+3 HP 13/13 AC 15 T 12 FF13 Fort+2 Ref+4 Will+2 Perc+6 Spd 30

Evelyn steps on the left to get a line of shooting on her foe with her crossbow at the surprised duergar, encouraging her crew with not so chaste words

Hit vs FF, range 70/80, yellow duergar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Dmg: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Get theses **** ***** down from afar if you can! No need to get in a bloody scuffle yet, especially if you're the one who ends bloodied!

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Varisian) alchemist (chirurgeon, promethean alchemist) 2 | hp 18/22 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +5 W +0 (+2 v poison) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +8, KnNat +8, Perc +5, SensM +0 |

Igor quickly draws forth an alchemical packet full of flash powder and hands it to his horrible stitched-together pet.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Small Construct 2 HD | hp 16/21 | AC 15 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 13 | F +0 R +2 W +1 | Spd 20', fly 30' (poor) | Init +2 | Perc +6 (darkvision, low-light vision), SensM +1 |

How high is the ceiling in the area on average? If it is about 15'...
The beetle-like chitinous shell on Scraps's back splits down the center revealing a pair of big, gossamer, insect wings. They hum to life and the paunchy homunculus rises into the cavern air and buzzes forward like an angry Valkyrie laden with the weapons war.
This would be a double move.


Evelyn wastes no time and opens fire, and the Druegar reels back as his armor fails him.
Scraps takes off to the sky like an angry bumblebee.

Round 1
Igor and Scraps
Quen
Grollax
Zildaastin
Ruinor
Evelyn
Yellow Druegar (4 damage)
Enemy

Current Map

Scarab Sages

Small Construct 2 HD | hp 16/21 | AC 15 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 13 | F +0 R +2 W +1 | Spd 20', fly 30' (poor) | Init +2 | Perc +6 (darkvision, low-light vision), SensM +1 |
GM chadius wrote:
Scraps takes off to the sky like an angry bumblebee.

Dark Archive

Elf Wizard (Fire Elementalist) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13 T 12 FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +3 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | Speed 30' Init +5 Perc +4
Spells:
Fire Jet 7/7 | Sleep/Color Spray/Burning Hands/Shield

With limited options from this range, Ruinor moves closer, staying out of the way of others. He then pauses and gets ready to cast a spell to temporarily daze the first creature that moves up to attack Zildaastin.

Ready Daze. Will save DC14 to negate.

Dark Archive

”Grollax” | Male N Medium Gnome Summoner 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 14, T 12, FF 13 | CMD 9 | F +3 R +1 W +2; +2 vs illusions; +2 vs fear when eidolon is within 30 ft | Init +1 | Perc: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: None.

Grollax raises his arms to the sky. ”Now you will see!”
He begins to chant. ”I summon you celestial dog.”
summon monster -celestial dog. The dog will move up 40ft just out of range.


Red's Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
The red creature shambles forward, reeking of death. He seems to ignore Ruinor's magic, yet he does not raise his arms...

The druegar draw their crossbows and call upon some magic. They turn invisible and you cannot see them.


Round 2
Igor and Scraps
Quen
Grollax
Zildaastin (8 damage)
Ruinor
Evelyn
Yellow Druegar (4 damage, Invisible)
White Druegar (Invisible)
Black Druegar (Invisible)
Green Druegar (Invisible)
Red

Current Map

Sovereign Court

M Gnome Magus 2 | AC: 17/13/15 | HP: 20/21 | Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +4 (+2 vs death/illusion effects) | CMB -2, CMD 10 | Init +4 | Perception +3 | Eldritch Pool: 4/5

Where did I get 8 damage from?

The gnome gestures a quick spell while setting his starknife spinning against the creature.
Cast defensively, DC 17: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Unfortunately, he's so concerned with protecting his casting that he flubs it and loses the spell.

Spell combat (starknife): 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 2 = 14
Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


No damage taken, Zildaastin. I thought Red had a chance to attack and rolled for it, only to realize he didn't.

Dark Archive

Elf Wizard (Fire Elementalist) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13 T 12 FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +3 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | Speed 30' Init +5 Perc +4
Spells:
Fire Jet 7/7 | Sleep/Color Spray/Burning Hands/Shield

"Oh, that's not good," Ruinor thinks to himself when he sees the druegar disappear. With nothing in his way, he decides to focus on what he can see and unleashes a jet of fire at the creature next to Zildaastin.

Fire Jet Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Reflex save (DC15) for half. Failed save = catch fire for 1d6 damage following round. Avoid with full-round action Reflex save.

"Anyone know what that thing is?" he asks. Know Religion?

He then takes a step towards the stalagmite near him to hopefully limit what directions the invisible duegar can attack him from.

Dark Archive

”Grollax” | Male N Medium Gnome Summoner 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 14, T 12, FF 13 | CMD 9 | F +3 R +1 W +2; +2 vs illusions; +2 vs fear when eidolon is within 30 ft | Init +1 | Perc: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: None.

”I command you to attack.” Grollax points at his summoned dog.

His dog moves up.
Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Yes, K. Religion to identify the creature. Oops, it didn't post my spoiler.

K Religion DC 11:
This is a humanoid zombie. It reeks of undeath and it slow to action. For every 5 you beat the DC you can ask an additional question.

Ruinor ignites the red creature aflame. He does not recoil in pain, yet you see the fire burn.

Reflex Save: 1d20 ⇒ 14

And it continues to blaze. 7 damage on red.


Sorry for not being here yesterday. Botting.

Evelyn vs Red: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Dmg: 1d8 ⇒ 5
Evelyn reloads her crossbow and fires at the only visible target. He goes down and his body continues to burn to ash. "Damn you..."

Quen hesitates and simply defends.

Two crossbow bolts appear as the White and Yellow druegar reappear.

Yellow (invisible) vs Summoned Dog: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

White (invisible) vs Zildaastin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Where did the other two druegar go?

1 to 50 of 241 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Chadius presents: [Gameday VIII] Hao Jin Cataclysm All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.