GM Sappy's Into the Living Library [PF1]

Game Master Sapiens

Tuesday - Early Evening
Student Information
The Living Library - Map


301 to 350 of 350 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Female Human Bard: Animal Speaker 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 11 | F: +0, R: +3, W: +4| BAB: +0, CMB: +0, CMD: 11, | Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Spells: (1st) 1/2

Anita was a little distracted by Lindaer's attempts to read the book she was copying, but it did not detract from her work overmuch. Soon enough, the project was done and a forgery was made. Now then, what do we do with the original? she thought to herself.


Back from holidays! Business should resume shortly.

I'm back! Posting should be resuming at a normal rate now.

Artifice:

This device is not too dissimilar in conception to the tools used to distill bottled lightning. But judging from the layout of the device, one of the coils is inserted backwards. Just snap it in with the correct polarity and the device should work.

Music:

"Dancing Lights, how impressive." muses Ellis, unimpressedly. "So, let's start with a jam, 'lright?"

Some confidently, some hesitantly, the various musicians start trying to blend with each other, to varying degrees of success. After a bit, Ellis moves to a simple, nondescript melody you can sing over and gives you a nod of the head.

If you want, you can use your roll of 11, otherwise please roll Perform(sing).


Female Tiefling Wizard 1 | HP 6/8 | AC: 13 (T: 12, FF: 11)| Saves: F:+1, R:+2, W:+2 | BAB: +0, CMB: -1, CMD: +11, | Init: +2 | Perc. +4, Darkvision 60ft | Spells: (1st) 4/4

Reverse the Polarity!:
Hireath isn't too familiar with magical creations. She is however very good at pattern recognition, and something about one of the coils seems off. "Um, Leonard?" She points at the offending coil. "Shouldn't that be the other way around? The way it is now I think it's blocking the flow of the lightning." She waits for his opinion before touching anything, just in case.


Human Arcanist | HP 8/8 | AC:13|T:11|FF:12 | Saves:F:+2,R:+2,W:+3 | Init:+6 || Diplomacy+7 / Know(Arcana,Nature,History)+7 / Spellcraft+7 / UMD+6

Music:

Vernon nods thanks to Ellis, then tries to join with the others and sing. Perform-Sing: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

After the jam session he approaches Ellis, "Well, I definitely need practice. But it was fun. I sure wish I had more time but the search for the books is frantic. How do they take all of your time if you make it to second year?" Questions delivered with a grin, possibly teasing, maybe serious??


Back from holidays! Business should resume shortly.

Polarity Reversed!:

"Huh, you're right. Could it be-" Leonard flips the coil, which fits into place with a satisfying click. The device starts a pleasant buzzing as the thaumoelectrical currents stabilize.
"I knew it was something minor!" cheers Skrib. "I'd have bet someone's eye that it was the power source! Test it! Leo, try it, try it, tryyyyit!"
Leonard scratches his head, then lifts his fingers in the motion of a cantrip. "Jolt!"
The spark strikes the Redirector, and the buzzing increases for a fraction of a second before the shock is reflected back at the young boy. "OW! Ouch! I'm all right!" he yells, as Keodrak dashes to his side, a curative spell on his lips. "Bless your mind and hands, Hireath, you solved it! I see it as the start of something brilliant!"


Back from holidays! Business should resume shortly.

Jam session:

"Oh, they keep us on our toes." says Ellis, putting his instrument in a case. It looks like your performance has mellowed him out somewhat. "I don't think I can tell you in detail, but you will never look at lizards the same way again. Do you want to come for drinks with the rest of the club, later at the pub? You'll hear some stories."

Drinks with the Club will take place in the next time bracket.


Female Tiefling Wizard 1 | HP 6/8 | AC: 13 (T: 12, FF: 11)| Saves: F:+1, R:+2, W:+2 | BAB: +0, CMB: -1, CMD: +11, | Init: +2 | Perc. +4, Darkvision 60ft | Spells: (1st) 4/4

Celebration Time:
Hireath flushes a deep purple at the praise. "I'm glad I could help? It's an amazing creation, really." She scratches her head. "So what's the next step? Now that it's working and you know the theory is sound, are you going to try to make it more portable?"


Human Arcanist | HP 8/8 | AC:13|T:11|FF:12 | Saves:F:+2,R:+2,W:+3 | Init:+6 || Diplomacy+7 / Know(Arcana,Nature,History)+7 / Spellcraft+7 / UMD+6

Vernon grins back, glad to apparently be accepted. He hezitates for a second but then relaxes. "Hate to lose time studying and searching for a book, but maybe relaxing and having a drink with friends is more important. Thanks! But lizards?" He looks openly confused by the comment.


Female Human Bard: Animal Speaker 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 11 | F: +0, R: +3, W: +4| BAB: +0, CMB: +0, CMD: 11, | Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Spells: (1st) 1/2

"Well, Lindaer I must congratulate you! It must have been quite intimidating to meet the fatty reptile in the flesh. Can't say that I'd ever seen a real dragon before, especially so close! There have been illustrations of course, but it doesn't quite prepare you for the real thing. To think there'd be one so repulsive. How did you wrest the book from that greedy worm?" The human girl looks at the drow with an expression of excitement mixed with curiosity.

If you want to impress Anita, this is a good opportunity.


Back from holidays! Business should resume shortly.

Artifice:
"Eeeh, possibly. As it stands, it has straps allowing you to carry it, but gods is it heavy. We'd have to redesign the circuits possibly, order a high-frequency quartz capacitor..."
The rest of the session is spent trading ideas and jotting sketches. Even Barsine, after being quite shy at the beginning, throws in some suggestions.

Music:
Ellis just chuckles. You aren't unsure whether he knows something you don't or he's just messing with you.

Club activity for this time is essentially over. Anita and Lindaer, go ahead with your chat and then we'll move to the next timeframe.


Female Tiefling Wizard 1 | HP 6/8 | AC: 13 (T: 12, FF: 11)| Saves: F:+1, R:+2, W:+2 | BAB: +0, CMB: -1, CMD: +11, | Init: +2 | Perc. +4, Darkvision 60ft | Spells: (1st) 4/4

Hireath enjoys a rather pleasant afternoon tossing ideas back and forth. She heads back to the dorms with a spring in her step and a smile on her face.


Human Arcanist | HP 8/8 | AC:13|T:11|FF:12 | Saves:F:+2,R:+2,W:+3 | Init:+6 || Diplomacy+7 / Know(Arcana,Nature,History)+7 / Spellcraft+7 / UMD+6

Vernon smiles again at Ellis, with a quizzical lift to his eyebrows. "Maybe you can tell a tale or two about lizards at the pub? I'll meet you all there. Need to tell my team where I'll be though."

The Exchange

Phoenix Bloodline Sorcerer (1) HP (6) Saves (0/3/3) AC (14/13/11) SR (7) Lvl 1 Spells (3/3) Dancing Lights (1/1) Darkness (1/1) Faerie Fire (1/1)
Anita Reinbach wrote:

"Well, Lindaer I must congratulate you! It must have been quite intimidating to meet the fatty reptile in the flesh. Can't say that I'd ever seen a real dragon before, especially so close! There have been illustrations of course, but it doesn't quite prepare you for the real thing. To think there'd be one so repulsive. How did you wrest the book from that greedy worm?" The human girl looks at the drow with an expression of excitement mixed with curiosity.

If you want to impress Anita, this is a good opportunity.

”Flattery.” Lindaer responded. ”Like all powerful matrons surrounded by weak and fawning underlings, what the dragon wanted above all else was a copious amount of underserved respect.” He shrugged. ”Enough kind words convinced it that we had fulfilled the terms of our agreement. Fortunately, or I would likely be a pile of ash. But some things in life are worth dying for, no?” He finished with a smile.


Female Human Bard: Animal Speaker 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 11 | F: +0, R: +3, W: +4| BAB: +0, CMB: +0, CMD: 11, | Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Spells: (1st) 1/2

"Typical!" Anita says with a laugh. "I tried to appeal to her sense of nobility, with little success. Perhaps the puffed-up reptile is still a younger blue dragon. Still, the two of you put yourselves at quite the risk!" The human says with a concerned look.

The Exchange

Phoenix Bloodline Sorcerer (1) HP (6) Saves (0/3/3) AC (14/13/11) SR (7) Lvl 1 Spells (3/3) Dancing Lights (1/1) Darkness (1/1) Faerie Fire (1/1)

”Little more than you did. The winged tyrant could have killed any of us on a whim. I just hope that enrollment here will be worth the risks that they demand of us. Is it normal for pupils to risk their lives like this to learn magic?”


Female Human Bard: Animal Speaker 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 11 | F: +0, R: +3, W: +4| BAB: +0, CMB: +0, CMD: 11, | Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Spells: (1st) 1/2

"Well I should hope not! We are not likely to survive the year!" Anita gives a heartfelt laugh before looking Lindaer in the eyes. "Still, perhaps I should keep my eyes on you. Make sure you don't get in any more trouble, hmm?" She gives a cheeky smile and titters to herself.

The girl brushes her hair out of her face and stands up. "I believe I've completed this forgery and the clubs should letting out any minute now. Let's catch up with the others shall we?"

Sorry for the holdup, I've been busy with my new job and it's wearing me out. Had a bit of writer's block as well.


Female Tiefling Wizard 1 | HP 6/8 | AC: 13 (T: 12, FF: 11)| Saves: F:+1, R:+2, W:+2 | BAB: +0, CMB: -1, CMD: +11, | Init: +2 | Perc. +4, Darkvision 60ft | Spells: (1st) 4/4

Hireath enters the room, still humming to herself. "Artificing Club went great! We actually managed to finish the Lightning Redirector. I think I'm going to really enjoy that club. The people are really nice, and everyone's so eager to learn..." She sighs happily.

"How did things go here?"


Female Human Bard: Animal Speaker 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 11 | F: +0, R: +3, W: +4| BAB: +0, CMB: +0, CMD: 11, | Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Spells: (1st) 1/2

"Pretty well I think." Anita holds up the fake copy of Astral Fires and the Endless Sea. "I think it looks pretty convincing if I do say so myself."

Setting the book down, the human girl reflexively straightens her clothing. "We've worked hard for the last two days. Perhaps it's time we rested, go to the Tavern perhaps? Can't say I'm pleased to see drunkards and hear their bawdy singing, but it is someplace we have yet to visit. The butterbeer is rumored to be good, at the very least."


Female Tiefling Wizard 1 | HP 6/8 | AC: 13 (T: 12, FF: 11)| Saves: F:+1, R:+2, W:+2 | BAB: +0, CMB: -1, CMD: +11, | Init: +2 | Perc. +4, Darkvision 60ft | Spells: (1st) 4/4

Hireath looks at the book curiously. "It does look like a good copy. What do you plan to do with it?" She's genuinely curious, as she can't imagine a good reason to have a fake book laying around.

She freezes for a moment at the suggestion of going to the tavern. "Really? I mean...I've never been to a tavern." But this is University, the time for trying out new things, so after a second she nods. "Sure! That sounds...fun?"

The Exchange

Phoenix Bloodline Sorcerer (1) HP (6) Saves (0/3/3) AC (14/13/11) SR (7) Lvl 1 Spells (3/3) Dancing Lights (1/1) Darkness (1/1) Faerie Fire (1/1)

”Butterbeer?” Lindaer asked with confusion. ”I thought beer was made with wheat, barley or rice. Is it common to put butter in it?”


Human Arcanist | HP 8/8 | AC:13|T:11|FF:12 | Saves:F:+2,R:+2,W:+3 | Init:+6 || Diplomacy+7 / Know(Arcana,Nature,History)+7 / Spellcraft+7 / UMD+6

Vernon grins at Lindaer's confusion. "People like what they like. It may sound disgusting to some but really good to others. For example, I've heard that some people actually like the liver of a steer, roasted and in a gravy. Personally, well, I don't."

Vernon glances around for the Music club, still wanting to try and get an answer about the "lizard" statement. He figures it's about the kobolds, (and the dragon) but doesn't want to let on that he knows about them.

"Pardon me for a bit, but I'm still wanting to chat with some at the music club."


Female Human Bard: Animal Speaker 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 11 | F: +0, R: +3, W: +4| BAB: +0, CMB: +0, CMD: 11, | Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Spells: (1st) 1/2

Before they leave, Anita makes sure to point out her plan. "Well, Hireath I believe that just because we have a book doesn't mean we're out of the woods yet, so to speak. The other students may come looking for it once they discover that the dragon no longer has it. In all honesty, they would have an easier time just taking it from us after we did all the hard work, no? Perhaps that's what they've been waiting for..."

The bard shakes her head and continues, "Anyway, this decoy is here to help ensure the real thing's safety, once we find a good hiding spot. We're the only team who's actually held the real thing in our hands, so should our rivals find the fake amongst our belongings, they're likely to take it and make their escape. Meanwhile the real thing is safe. We'd also learn that the other teams are onto us."

After he asks his question about Butterbeer, Anita turns to Lindear and says; "Butterbeer is an non-alcoholic beverage that tastes of caramel... or so I've heard. It's probably best we don't become inebriated during our entrance exam, no?"

Anita's wrong about Butterbeer.


Back from holidays! Business should resume shortly.

=== Tuesday - Early Evening ===

The Queen's Arms pub is appreciated more for the low cost of its drinks than for their quality, something that makes it appealing for the students. The barkeep is a burly halfling, tall for its species and adept at climbing shelves to reach the several nondescript bottles of spirits behind his counter.

Near the entrance is a sign reciting:

No admittance under the age of…
Humans .......... 16
Dwarves ......... 43
Elves ............... 115
Half-elves ....... 21
Gnomes ......... 44
Halflings ........ 22
Half-orcs ....... 15
Dryads .......... 120
Ogres ........... Just take your drink and go, we don't want any trouble.

Ellis and Sven are sitting at a table to the side, holding frothing mugs. They wave at Vernon when he enters, although Sven also shoots a glare at Lindaer.


Human Arcanist | HP 8/8 | AC:13|T:11|FF:12 | Saves:F:+2,R:+2,W:+3 | Init:+6 || Diplomacy+7 / Know(Arcana,Nature,History)+7 / Spellcraft+7 / UMD+6

Vernon excuses himself from the team and moves across the room to Ellis and Sven. Noticing the glare from Sven he focuses on him. "Mind if I join you for a drink? I promise to leave Lindaer with the rest of my team!"

diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Female Human Bard: Animal Speaker 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 11 | F: +0, R: +3, W: +4| BAB: +0, CMB: +0, CMD: 11, | Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Spells: (1st) 1/2

Anita rolls her eyes as Vernon immediately abandons them. Flagging over a server, she prepares to make an order. "I've heard the Butterbeer is good, let's get two.." she looks around at her remaining companions, trying to gauge interest. "-three of those please. Any of you particularly hungry?"

The Exchange

Phoenix Bloodline Sorcerer (1) HP (6) Saves (0/3/3) AC (14/13/11) SR (7) Lvl 1 Spells (3/3) Dancing Lights (1/1) Darkness (1/1) Faerie Fire (1/1)

”No, but drinking on an empty stomach is never a good idea. Too easy to get intoxicated.” Ignoring the dirty looks, he added ”And besides, I’d like to try surfacer snacks. Also...one of us should be designated to remain sober. That way we can avoid being stabbed in the back while unawares.”


Female Tiefling Wizard 1 | HP 6/8 | AC: 13 (T: 12, FF: 11)| Saves: F:+1, R:+2, W:+2 | BAB: +0, CMB: -1, CMD: +11, | Init: +2 | Perc. +4, Darkvision 60ft | Spells: (1st) 4/4

"I won't drink anything alcoholic," Hireath volunteers. Admittedly she doesn't think it's necessary, (where had Lindaer come from that made him so paranoid), but she didn't really want to drink anything anyway. "You said the Butterbeers weren't, right? So that's okay. I'll just stick to those."

She looks around the room curiously. "So...what does one actually do at a tavern? Just eat and drink?"


Female Human Bard: Animal Speaker 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 11 | F: +0, R: +3, W: +4| BAB: +0, CMB: +0, CMD: 11, | Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Spells: (1st) 1/2

Looking around, Anita spots a chalkboard listing and decides to finish their order. "How about some bread and err... the house special meat pies? I think that'd do for us." Waving the server away, she turns to Hireath.

"I've passed through a couple taverns with Mother. The drinks and rest would help keep our guard's morale up. They'd play games of chance or darts, nothing that would particularly interest me. However in most of the taverns we stopped in, there'd be a performer of sorts. Singing, comedy or some such. I did come across this particularly talented one named Getti the Storyteller. He had the most fascinating tales, though I admit a few were on the bawdy side." The human girl laughs at the memory. "He was pretty charming if you ask me, though you couldn't really tell from the mask he wore."

"Here though, we'd likely see a performance by the upper classmen. There are plenty of bards at the college after all. Any of them looking to make a little coin on the side probably puts in a performance." Anita pauses for a moment before asking, "Say Hireath, what do you do for fun?"


Back from holidays! Business should resume shortly.

The muscled halfling introduces himself as Mert the Mighty. He takes your orders, turning an inquisitive eyebrow at the mention of butterbeer, then scurries back to the counter.
At the moment, nobody appears to be playing in the tavern, and the background noise of dozens of patrons forces some strain upon your vocal cords.
Mert returns soon, carrying a platter with his own version of meat pies, apparently consisting of cold cuts and scraps baked inside a dark rye bread loaf. One moment later he follows up with three pints of a dark, torbid and frothing substance, warm to the touch and smelling like cinnamon and nutmeg.

If you drink:
The beverage is rich, sweet and creamy. It appears to be made from warmed ale mixed with egg yolk, honey, butter and several spices. You feel it warm you up from inside and leave a pleasant tingly sensation in your throat.
And I'd like a Constitution check. DC 10, on failure you become tipsy. Of course, you can always fail voluntarily.

Sven, Ellis and a few others from the club welcome Vernon with smiles and a mug of frothing, dark bitter beer. "Ah, there he is! Come, hummingbird, this round is on us!"
Vernon, Constitution check DC 12 to resist becoming tipsy. Of course, you can always fail voluntarily.

The Exchange

Phoenix Bloodline Sorcerer (1) HP (6) Saves (0/3/3) AC (14/13/11) SR (7) Lvl 1 Spells (3/3) Dancing Lights (1/1) Darkness (1/1) Faerie Fire (1/1)

Tipsy elf: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Lindaer drank, and to his utter amazement, the beverage was...good! Rich, creamy, sweet...it left him feeling pleasantly warm. Once more the surface world had impressed him, dispelling his prejudices one discovery at a time. He idly wondered how profitable it would be to import the drink to his home.

The thought of home slowed his drinking down though. It was at times like these that disaster inevitably struck. Poisonings usually, though embarrassment by a rival was just as likely. He contented himself with slipping, his ingrained paranoia stopping him from going further.

Perception for threats: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Human Arcanist | HP 8/8 | AC:13|T:11|FF:12 | Saves:F:+2,R:+2,W:+3 | Init:+6 || Diplomacy+7 / Know(Arcana,Nature,History)+7 / Spellcraft+7 / UMD+6

Vernon joins the group taking a good drink from the mug. CON check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 He pauses as he notices the strength of the ale, then glances around at the others and laughs. "Certainly wouldn't want to drink this before a test! Or any time I'd need to be casting a spell.

He takes a sip then sets it on the table. [b]"Hummingbird? Do all in the club get pet names assigned? I don't mind, but would know the tale behind it. I sing. I seldom hum."


Female Tiefling Wizard 1 | HP 6/8 | AC: 13 (T: 12, FF: 11)| Saves: F:+1, R:+2, W:+2 | BAB: +0, CMB: -1, CMD: +11, | Init: +2 | Perc. +4, Darkvision 60ft | Spells: (1st) 4/4

"For fun?" Hireath looks a little confused. "I read, I guess. Sometimes I'd pick up books in languages I didn't know just to see if I could puzzle them out. One of the librarians I grew up with was actually the one to suggest I apply here, she said she thought I had the talent for it. With, well, this," she makes a vague gesture that's probably meant to indicate her horns, "I tended to keep to myself as much as possible. Libraries were good for that."

Her parents had never told her as much, but she knew they'd lost quite a few customers over her. Tieflings weren't trusted, and neither were their parents. It was a large part of the reason they struggled so much for funds despite being master alchemists. So she'd hidden herself away as much as possible, in libraries, in the workshop...anywhere there weren't people to gawk at her. Or worse.

Hoping to distract herself from the slightly darker turn her thoughts had taken, she takes a large sip from her mug. "Oh! This is really good. I haven't had anything like it before."

Constitution: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

It doesn't occur to her that the beverage might be alcoholic. She'd heard Anita order butterbeers, which supposedly weren't, and so she happily downs the concretion and orders a second.

"Really, really good." Her already-purple cheeks are becoming distinctly more flushed than before. "So, uh...what do you do? For fun, I mean."


Female Human Bard: Animal Speaker 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 11 | F: +0, R: +3, W: +4| BAB: +0, CMB: +0, CMD: 11, | Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Spells: (1st) 1/2

The inquisitive girl had to make sure her intel was right, and took a big gulp of her drink without hesitation. It was almost cloyingly sweet, but the spices helped diffuse the feeling and the end result was quite pleasant.
Constitution: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"For fun?" Anita said with a giggle. "Well, I would spend time with the birds and sing them songs. If you know the right ones, they'll return the favor, it's really quite beautiful." The human girl hums a little tune to herself before remembering to continue the conversation.

"It may surprise you, but I did also have a talent for fencing. The clash of steel and wits was always a thrilling experience. It's a shame, I left my foil at home. I didn't think I'd need it." Anita pretends to cry before laughing it off. She might be a little drunk...

Lowering her voice, she looks around the room to see if anyone's listening before whispering. "But if you want to have fun right here, I happen to have picked up a spell that potentially could be quite amusing. In an old dusty tome, I found a spell that can cause anyone to fall in love with anything, if for but a moment. What do you say? Should we cause a little trouble?" Anita gives the others conspiratorial wink.


Female Human Bard: Animal Speaker 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 11 | F: +0, R: +3, W: +4| BAB: +0, CMB: +0, CMD: 11, | Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Spells: (1st) 1/2

Anita hiccuped, and covered her mouth with an embarrassed look. Quickly trying to draw attention away from herself, she turns to Lindaer. "And what of you Lindaer? What do you do for entertainment?"

The Exchange

Phoenix Bloodline Sorcerer (1) HP (6) Saves (0/3/3) AC (14/13/11) SR (7) Lvl 1 Spells (3/3) Dancing Lights (1/1) Darkness (1/1) Faerie Fire (1/1)

The young dark elf thought for a moment, before answering. ”Gladitorial fights.” He said, at last. ”It is always good for entertainment, and coin if you follow the rankings. Once you see a handful of deurgar face off against a hook horror you will never forget. I’ve healed more than a few warriors after a match. It is good training for use of magic.” He added. ”Is there anything of the like up here?” He asked, with interest.


Female Tiefling Wizard 1 | HP 6/8 | AC: 13 (T: 12, FF: 11)| Saves: F:+1, R:+2, W:+2 | BAB: +0, CMB: -1, CMD: +11, | Init: +2 | Perc. +4, Darkvision 60ft | Spells: (1st) 4/4

"You watch people fight...for fun?" Hireath is clearly very confused by this concept, but shrugs and decides 'to each their own.' She takes another sip of her drink. "I don't know if there's anything like that here. I'm, uh, not the most well-informed."

Under normal circumstances Hireath would have been mildly appalled by Anita's suggestion. These are not normal circumstances.

"Oooh, anything?" She's probably trying to be quiet, but she's not succeeding. "Like, you could make someone fall in love with a table? That would be pretty funny."


Female Human Bard: Animal Speaker 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 11 | F: +0, R: +3, W: +4| BAB: +0, CMB: +0, CMD: 11, | Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Spells: (1st) 1/2

The human girl tries to focus herself, but is starting get giggly. "I...I think there are such things around Lindaer, though I doubt this school has such things. We're here to learn magic, not marital arts, heehe."

Anita beams at Hireath's ideas. "Yup, I could make the barkeep fall in love with that counter he keeps polishing. Though maybe he is already, hehe." She fumbles with her bag for a moment, as if looking for something and smiles to herself when she finds it.

"Shall I get this party started? ...also I can't pay, I spent all I had on copper."

The Exchange

Phoenix Bloodline Sorcerer (1) HP (6) Saves (0/3/3) AC (14/13/11) SR (7) Lvl 1 Spells (3/3) Dancing Lights (1/1) Darkness (1/1) Faerie Fire (1/1)

”Well, Anita fences. So there must be something like it up here. Speaking of which, I’d love to have you teach me some time.” He said, recognizing the chance to learn something of real importance. One never knew when that could come in handy. And even if he didn’t learn anything, at least it would be good company. ”But for now, I’m interesting in seeing what you have in mind...”


Female Human Bard: Animal Speaker 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 11 | F: +0, R: +3, W: +4| BAB: +0, CMB: +0, CMD: 11, | Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Spells: (1st) 1/2

"Heehee, if you wish. Then behold!" Anita spies a pair of students sitting together and with a flourish of her hands she casts Unnatural Lust on the younger of the two. The half-elf is suddenly filled with an incredible desire for her gnomish companion.

"Let's start easy, eh?" The bard says with a wink. As soon as she's done casting, she hides her hands and plays innocent. She can't hold a straight face though.

Unnatural Lust has a save DC of 15. Hopefully the low roar of the tavern hides the verbal component of her spell.


Back from holidays! Business should resume shortly.

GM Rolls:

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
CMB: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Vernon:

"Singing, humming, close enough." says Ellis, waving a hand. "But we should definitely get a choir going at a certain point, it'd add to the appeal of the artistic population. So, how's business for you down in the Library? I know older students aren't supposed to assist, but who cares? Our group was kind of a big deal, you know? Four books out of four, and the added drama of she-who-must-not-be-named and me-"
"You mean Messi?" asks Sven, getting only a glare as an answer.
"She-who-must-not-be-named. Point is, the more you know of the library, the easier you'll find it to get to the loot. Messi knows of a hidden entrance, and there's always the Music Club's biggest secret-"
Sven's eyebrows rise up in attention, but before Ellis finishes his dramatic pause, you take sight of a moment of commotion at your friends' table.

That moment of commotion is due to Anita hitting the floor.

The spell goes through like a whisper in the crowd, but finds little purchase in the half-elf, her mind shielded by a plenitude of drinks.
The unexpected side-effect happens a few seconds later, when suddenly the chair disappears from under Anita's back, and a small but strong hand grabs her jacket, driving her supine on the floor. The halfling face of the bartender smiles at her with a mouthful of teeth.
"You're new here, girl, so count this as your only warning, eh? You feel like magic, you do it outside, or you'll be outside rather quick, get me?"

The Exchange

Phoenix Bloodline Sorcerer (1) HP (6) Saves (0/3/3) AC (14/13/11) SR (7) Lvl 1 Spells (3/3) Dancing Lights (1/1) Darkness (1/1) Faerie Fire (1/1)

Bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Really wish sorcerers had more skill points so I could have made him a real face

”Hey now!” Lindaer surged to his feet. ”What kind of establishment is this?!” He yelled, pointing a finger at the halfling. ”She casts a cantrip to chill her drink and you tackle her?! Get your hands off her before I call guards!” He said, fully intending to make a scene and trying to display what would seem like genuine outrage.


Back from holidays! Business should resume shortly.

"Do I look like a wizard myself, elfie?" shouts back Mert the Mighty, uncowed. "I can't tell what spell will wipe your nose and which will set fire to the place, so the policy's simple. No spells! It's been this way for two decades and I see no reason to change it now!"

The Exchange

Phoenix Bloodline Sorcerer (1) HP (6) Saves (0/3/3) AC (14/13/11) SR (7) Lvl 1 Spells (3/3) Dancing Lights (1/1) Darkness (1/1) Faerie Fire (1/1)

”And that gives you what right for putting your hands on her?! You could have come over and politely told her. But no! You threw her on the ground and climbed on top of her.” He glared at the halfling, his eyes sharp. Cognizant that he had the room watching, he said coldly and evenly ”You look like a pervert. And you owe her an apology.”


Female Tiefling Wizard 1 | HP 6/8 | AC: 13 (T: 12, FF: 11)| Saves: F:+1, R:+2, W:+2 | BAB: +0, CMB: -1, CMD: +11, | Init: +2 | Perc. +4, Darkvision 60ft | Spells: (1st) 4/4

Hireath is caught completely off guard by the sudden appearance of the halfling bartender. She instinctively starts apologizing, but "Oh, um, I'm sorry-" is about as far as she gets before Lindaer starts berating the man for...attacking Anita?

Her head is spinning too much to really make sense of what's going on. "Anita, are you okay?" Lindaer can handle talking to the bartender. He's good at talking to people. But Anita's on the floor, and she wasn't on the floor before, and something is very clearly wrong.

She just can't quite figure out what it is. Maybe if the floor would stop moving...


Female Human Bard: Animal Speaker 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 11 | F: +0, R: +3, W: +4| BAB: +0, CMB: +0, CMD: 11, | Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Spells: (1st) 1/2

Anita falls, spilling her drink all over herself and the floor."I'm alright... I think. I'm feeling a little numb, though the bartender's hospitality is noted. Perhaps it's best we take our leave."
She tries to stand, but has some difficulty.

"Um... some help please, Hireath." Working together, they manage to get the human girl up. Habitually brushing herself off, Anita takes her leave, all while glaring daggers at the little barman.


Human Arcanist | HP 8/8 | AC:13|T:11|FF:12 | Saves:F:+2,R:+2,W:+3 | Init:+6 || Diplomacy+7 / Know(Arcana,Nature,History)+7 / Spellcraft+7 / UMD+6

Vernon allows his eyebrows to rise with apparent shock at the words, "A secret entrance? But then how does the school control the students' going in and out?.... Never mind that. What does it...."

Seeing the commotion Vernon shakes his head. "Well, that doesn't look good! I guess I should go try to help, or at least see what they plan." He turns with a grin at Sven, "I'll keep everything I've heard quiet. Don't want all of the first years guessing at your secret. Friends should help friends, not everybody, right?"

Following the group out, "Hey guys, wait up!"


Female Tiefling Wizard 1 | HP 6/8 | AC: 13 (T: 12, FF: 11)| Saves: F:+1, R:+2, W:+2 | BAB: +0, CMB: -1, CMD: +11, | Init: +2 | Perc. +4, Darkvision 60ft | Spells: (1st) 4/4

Hireath nods. "Yeah, I guess it's best we go." To the bartender, she says again, "Sorry. We'll, uh, not do that again. Whatever we did." She still isn't entirely sure.

As Vernon catches up, she turns around, (a little unsteadily). "Oh, are you leaving too?"


Human Arcanist | HP 8/8 | AC:13|T:11|FF:12 | Saves:F:+2,R:+2,W:+3 | Init:+6 || Diplomacy+7 / Know(Arcana,Nature,History)+7 / Spellcraft+7 / UMD+6

Vernon glances back at the table with Ellis and Sven, and then shrugs. "Well, it looked like there might be trouble with Anita and we should stick together. Are we going back in to the library?"


Back from holidays! Business should resume shortly.

"'s the way it's always been in my place!" shouts back Mert as you move to leave. "Use your tiny head next time you come, or there won't be another!"


Female Human Bard: Animal Speaker 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 11 | F: +0, R: +3, W: +4| BAB: +0, CMB: +0, CMD: 11, | Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Spells: (1st) 1/2

With a quick couple gestures, Anita dries and cleans her clothes of the spilled drink. As they make their way back to the Academy proper, she openly complains of the tavern's surly owner and lack of signage barring magic. Eventually though, she falls back to good humor.

"That sour-faced half pint was so quick to throw us out he forgot to collect payment. Hah! ...How about we head back to the dorm and have some real fun? I think -hic- I brought some cards and other such games we could play."

301 to 350 of 350 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lesson Registry - Living Library 101 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.