SO -Outpost II- What Prestige is Worth

Game Master ScorchedOne

Maps & Handouts


251 to 300 of 338 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

The detective produces the paperwork, sharing the validity of their claim to the Erinyes.

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: (31) (33 vs disarm, sunder; 36 grapple) | F: +18, R: (+11), W: +16 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: DR 3/- alchemical grease, life bubble, shield, enlarge person, shield of faith, RE 30 (fire), air walk

Eadie sheaths her blade, showing empty hands to the law enforcement officials.

“Does any of the paperwork say who the false bounty hunters are working for?”

The way her gaze cycles from the erinyes to Fendel to Rudzik to Ando and around again, suggests the warrior has little clue about what is going on.

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +13 | HP 102|102 | AC29, T12, FF27 | Fort +14, Ref +12, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 18 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AH, DP, Ext MV x2, BBPill, EE, LS, LB, AW,
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
3|7|4|4|4
Conditions: Delay Poison

Ando looks over at the Erinyes, You accept we have the rightful claim here and are the wronged parties? I assume you will take this lot in for questioning? Excluding our property of course?

Ye gods this place is vile, I cannot wait to be done with it

I assume we have had the full 8 rounds or so for me to have healed people via life link?

Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

"Has this matter reached resolution? We have other commitments to attend to."


The remaining souls do not press the issue, not with the harms already wrought upon them, and especially after losing one of their number to you, who is glad to assist you further as you like will post her stats shortly.

The paperwork shows it was issued, but being a falsehood, the name is the Hellish equivalent of Seymour Butts. The Erinyes escort the other pair off for "punishment", and you are left to go about your devices.

You arrive at the Fallen Fastness (the library). This mountainous stone structure pierces the burning skies of Dis like a jagged thorn. A battalion of fiends monitors all visitors entering its hundred-foot-tall iron doors, while inside a legion of diabolic scholars moves through a maze of iron-chained shelves.

Tomes silently beckon to prospective readers and promise infernal secrets, while bottled souls peer longingly or fearfully at passersby. Hundreds of floors stretch up from the atrium, and beneath the smoky obsidian floor, countless imps and other fiends toil over a scroll that spirals downward for miles.

You have plenty of time for healing, what do you do once at the library?

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Hooded Champion Ranger 10 | HP 84/84 | AC 21 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12, CMD 28 | F: +14, R: +17, W: +11 | Init: *+6 | Perc: *+19 SM: *+1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/3 2nd 2/2 3rd 1/1 | Panache: 1/1 | Active conditions: Evil Planar Penalties

Rudzik gruffly asks their new companion, "So what was all that nonsense about back there?" He waits to hear from his more book-learned friends if they need a specific title - he might not know much about Hell or legalese, but his eyes are keen.

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +13 | HP 102|102 | AC29, T12, FF27 | Fort +14, Ref +12, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 18 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AH, DP, Ext MV x2, BBPill, EE, LS, LB, AW,
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
3|7|4|4|4
Conditions: Delay Poison

Ando looks around the enormous place, Perhaps we should seek out our sponsor Leventi to see if he has more information for us to use?

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +13 | HP 102|102 | AC29, T12, FF27 | Fort +14, Ref +12, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 18 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AH, DP, Ext MV x2, BBPill, EE, LS, LB, AW,
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
3|7|4|4|4
Conditions: Delay Poison

Pokepoke, is this game still alive? Come on people, are we actually going to finish this? If so then we need some input from people or do we declare the thing abandoned?

Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

"Let's see if we can find Leventi, shall we?"

Perception: 1d20 + 36 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 36 + (1) = 54

It may be time to look for a new GM.

Scarab Sages

Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 10 | HP 87/83 | AC 25(29), T 14, FF 23(27) | Fort +13(15), Ref +9(11), Will +15(17) | Init +3 | Perc +14(16) | Sense Motive +17(19) | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/6, level 2 4/5, level 3 2/4, level 4 2/2 |

"Vetrivides supposed to be round de library too."

I'd say we should at least wait till the weekend since we've been quiet this last week too.


Yeah, sorry. I got distracted. Work stuff mostly. Leventi is not your sponsor, Leventi is the guy who you're investigating. Vetrivides is the guy who gave you the writ. I was sort of hoping someone would mention that. You can either go confront Leventi, or try to gather more evidence, which may involve speaking to Vetrivides.

Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

I have admittedly lost the thread a bit. So, let's go look for Vetrivides.

Perception {if a new roll is needed: 1d20 + 36 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 36 + (5) = 54


You have no trouble finding him, the investigator Vetrivides (LE agender osyluth) waits impatiently outside Leventi’s scriptorium, tied there by Leventi’s bureaucratic trickery and stalling tactics. Vetrivides looks the your group over dubiously when you arrive. “The servants of Dralneen? Where is your mistress, mortals? I should kill you where you stand for this insult.” Vetrivides exerts their fear aura.

I need a will save, and Fendel automatically knows this spoiler, otherwise Sense Motive DC 27:

Spoiler:
They are threatening and taunting the PCs to take their measure and test their restraint.

Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 25 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 25 + (2) = 33 Oops, just saw that I didn't need to roll.
Will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

To the team, "On your guard. They are trying to bait us. Keep your interactions professional...and legal."

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: (31) (33 vs disarm, sunder; 36 grapple) | F: +18, R: (+11), W: +16 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: DR 3/- alchemical grease, life bubble, shield, enlarge person, shield of faith, RE 30 (fire), air walk

“Dude. You forgot the play’s first line.”

“Repeat after me: ‘If you were any other Pathfinder,

Vetrivides wrote:
“I should kill you where you stand.”

Will + 4 leaf clover vs fear: 1d20 + 16 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 16 + 3 + 1 = 25

Cannot hit the sense motive DC

Dark Archive

female Gnome Summoner 11
Spoiler:
|AC 21*, T 14*, FF 18|HP: 72/72|F +4, R +6*, W +5 (+7 vs MA, +4 vs fear, +2 vs despair/confusion/insanity/death)|Init +1, Perc 0|CMB +10* CMD 19|8/10 Summon Monster VI, 2/2 Maker's Call, 1/1 Pride, 1/1 Mysteries

I hate how Paizo's officially taken to using "they" as a singular. If you need a neuter singular pronoun, what's wrong with 'it'???

Will save vs fear and (one would assume) mind-affecting: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30

Lucija just stares back at Vetrivides with an imperious sneer.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Hooded Champion Ranger 10 | HP 84/84 | AC 21 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12, CMD 28 | F: +14, R: +17, W: +11 | Init: *+6 | Perc: *+19 SM: *+1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/3 2nd 2/2 3rd 1/1 | Panache: 1/1 | Active conditions: Evil Planar Penalties

Oh hush, it's used that way in the freaking Canterbury Tales. Paizo's hardly breaking new ground here.

Rudzik Will vs Fear Aura: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Wilk Will vs Fear Aura: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Rudzik meets the osyluth's gaze evenly. "Good t'see the feeling's mutual, yet here we all are being cooperative 'n... stuff." He refrains from spitting, but looks very much like he would like to.

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +13 | HP 102|102 | AC29, T12, FF27 | Fort +14, Ref +12, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 18 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AH, DP, Ext MV x2, BBPill, EE, LS, LB, AW,
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
3|7|4|4|4
Conditions: Delay Poison

Will save, steadfast personality: 1d20 + 12 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 8 = 26

Oh do try to be reasonable. Zarta is off out looking for evidence the same way we are but we thought it might be useful to check in with you in case there was further information we need to complete this job. I would have thought you would understand that rather than trying to goad us into something foolish but I suppose nature will out as it were.

Diplomacy, hell: 1d20 + 28 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 28 - 4 = 44

Scarab Sages

Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 10 | HP 87/83 | AC 25(29), T 14, FF 23(27) | Fort +13(15), Ref +9(11), Will +15(17) | Init +3 | Perc +14(16) | Sense Motive +17(19) | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/6, level 2 4/5, level 3 2/4, level 4 2/2 |

Will: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 15 + 2 = 19
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 17 + 2 = 33

Dunia finds herself more unnerved than she'd anticipated as she faces off with the fearsome Osyluth.

"No offense intended. Just as I'm sure you don' intend offense wit' de posturin'."

Singular they digression:
The reason I've heard from some people who use a singular they for themselves is because 'it' is a pronoun used for objects or creatures that we don't generally think of as sentient or emotionally connected.


I literally saw yesterday a facebook thing about they vs it, right before I had to post that. It was lulworthy.

“You will suffice in this difficult moment. Rejoice in your adequacy.” The osyluth’s stinger settles and the devil rises to their full nine feet, claws clasped behind their back, echoing memories of a dozen venture-captain lectures.

“Phistophilus Leventi stands on the cusp of promotion, with only a final review remaining. My analysis into his work is part of that review, and I have found troubling indications of resources improperly allocated and also of clumsily executed language in his contracts. I am currently stationed here and unable to continue my work, however. You creatures will act as my agents in exchange for certain seized contraband, per my bargain with your mistress.” The devil gestures toward an ironbound collection of parchment.

“Here are my notes, including a list of Leventi’s suspect contracts that warrant further examination. Also, his agents have made several forays to the Ghetto of Outcasts. I have recorded their route as far as my agent followed. Pick up the trail from there to learn more. Also—” They flip musingly through a maze of text before settling a claw on a name. “Yes. Jarluxis. Seek out this other phistophilus here in the Fastness. She has lost several contracts to Leventi and has incentive to demonstrate her competence with a successful investigation of her coworker.”
Closing the book, they refocus their skeletal gaze. “Hasten in your work. When your writ expires, so does your usefulness.” They pause and glare. “Go. Now.”

You can either go interact with this other devil, or you may present your findings to Vetrivides.

Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

As the team cautiously walks away, "Well, it would be readily apparent that we should take the opportunity to interview Jarluxis whilst we are still here."

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: (31) (33 vs disarm, sunder; 36 grapple) | F: +18, R: (+11), W: +16 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: DR 3/- alchemical grease, life bubble, shield, enlarge person, shield of faith, RE 30 (fire), air walk
Vetrivides wrote:
“Rejoice in your adequacy.”

While the others digest the osyluth’s words, Eadie throws her hands in the air and dances in a celebratory circle.

♫ We’re not #1.
But we’re not #Last.

We’re not that good.
But we’re good enough for Vetrivides! ♫

Fendel wrote:
“Well, it would be readily apparent that we should take the opportunity to interview Jarluxis whilst we are still here.”

“Do you mean go see that Phistophilus devil Boney-V mentioned, Fen?”

Eadie pretends to think it over. “Sounds good to me!”

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +13 | HP 102|102 | AC29, T12, FF27 | Fort +14, Ref +12, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 18 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AH, DP, Ext MV x2, BBPill, EE, LS, LB, AW,
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
3|7|4|4|4
Conditions: Delay Poison

Jarluxis is here, we are here, seems like a fit. Lets find her

Scarab Sages

Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 10 | HP 87/83 | AC 25(29), T 14, FF 23(27) | Fort +13(15), Ref +9(11), Will +15(17) | Init +3 | Perc +14(16) | Sense Motive +17(19) | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/6, level 2 4/5, level 3 2/4, level 4 2/2 |

Dunia agrees, "Always best t' start wit' someone carryin' a grudge."


The group finds Jarluxis, a female contract devil, on the 50th floor of the fastness. "What do you mortals need? I am very busy as you can plainly see." She seems indifferent to most pleas, however like most in this realm she is willing to help in exchange for a bargain, or perhaps other things you could offer. At current she is looking over a contract for a mortal soul.

Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

Thinking of what to offer in exchange, the detective opts to play to his own strength. "Perhaps I can assist confirming the veracity of that document there."

Linguistics {HELL}: 1d20 + 22 - 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 22 - 2 + (4) = 37

Scarab Sages

Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 10 | HP 87/83 | AC 25(29), T 14, FF 23(27) | Fort +13(15), Ref +9(11), Will +15(17) | Init +3 | Perc +14(16) | Sense Motive +17(19) | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/6, level 2 4/5, level 3 2/4, level 4 2/2 |

"We'd also be real happy to thwart any plans o' Leventi's you'd like t' see fall flat."

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: (31) (33 vs disarm, sunder; 36 grapple) | F: +18, R: (+11), W: +16 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: DR 3/- alchemical grease, life bubble, shield, enlarge person, shield of faith, RE 30 (fire), air walk
Jarluxis wrote:
“What do you mortals need?”

“Are you kidding?? After 50 flights of stairs? A nice lie down.”

Eadie removes her helm, holding it firmly under her arm, like she’s expecting a hidden bandit to strike from beneath the contract devil's desk.

“Word on the street is Leventi’s eaten your lunch. And as a result, you ain’t getting promoted anytime in the next millennium or two.”

“Unless … you can dig up some dirt on that guy, pronto. (That’s Galtan you know).”


Jarluxis shares that Leventi’s agents recently transported Gellius Thrune’s imp Tholvinis to Widow’s Cry. She laments her colleague’s sloppy binding of the imp after Gellius’ death, insisting that anyone unable to control an imp shouldn’t be trusted to command mortals.

Jarluxis continues working in the Fallen Fastness for the remainder of the adventure, and she can help analyze any contracts or other legal documents.

Alas, you already had this clue.

"You might try speaking to Phlagantres, otherwise I don't know how much else I could assist you. I thank you for your aid, wise Fendel." She smiles. "Perhaps you have a place here..."

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +13 | HP 102|102 | AC29, T12, FF27 | Fort +14, Ref +12, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 18 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AH, DP, Ext MV x2, BBPill, EE, LS, LB, AW,
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
3|7|4|4|4
Conditions: Delay Poison

Ando cocks his head to one side, Perhaps you could give us directions to this Phlagantres, in recognition of the help my companion has provided.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 28 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 28 - 4 = 34


"Of course, sorry I thought he would know. Phlagantres is at the help desk, at the entrance. You surely saw his bulk as you entered?" She seems honest enough, and also seems to be flattering dear Fendel a bit. What can one say, but in Hell an eye for detail is quite the asset.

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: (31) (33 vs disarm, sunder; 36 grapple) | F: +18, R: (+11), W: +16 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: DR 3/- alchemical grease, life bubble, shield, enlarge person, shield of faith, RE 30 (fire), air walk

“Wait, wait. We climbed all the way up to the 50th floor so you could hit on Fendel’s brain??”

Eadie shakes her sweaty head, wondering if there’s any way to blame the investigator for this.

Not really. It’s that asshat Vetrivedes’ fault. Can't let that stop me though.

“This is all your fault, Fen.”

Eadie *plonks* her great helm back over her head with a hmph. “Your skillset attracts too much trouble. And when did it ever help us, eh?”

The warrior begins heading back the way she came. “So are we making our descent to see Phlagantres then?”

Man. Hell sux.

Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

Fendel shudders at the offer.

Eadie wrote:
“Your skillset attracts too much trouble. And when did it ever help us, eh?”

"When did it-?" The detective just shakes his head. "Don't be jealous Ms. Navhelan. The realization was disconcerting enough." Then begrudgingly, he admits to himself, Though the accumulated knowledge in this facility? Tempting. Wait! What am I saying? "We need to resolve this situation and begone from this place!"

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: (31) (33 vs disarm, sunder; 36 grapple) | F: +18, R: (+11), W: +16 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: DR 3/- alchemical grease, life bubble, shield, enlarge person, shield of faith, RE 30 (fire), air walk
Fendel wrote:
“Don't be jealous Ms. Navhelan.”

What-EVAH. *under-armor eyeroll*

Fendel wrote:
“The realization was disconcerting enough.”

Hm. Fair 'nuff.

Fendel wrote:
“We need to resolve this situation and begone from this place!”

“Now you’re talking. We’re on an express elevator to H℥ll.”

Eadie *smacks* a steel-shod fist into her palm. “Going Doooooown!”

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +13 | HP 102|102 | AC29, T12, FF27 | Fort +14, Ref +12, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 18 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AH, DP, Ext MV x2, BBPill, EE, LS, LB, AW,
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
3|7|4|4|4
Conditions: Delay Poison

Ando simply rolls his eyes at Eadie as they head down. Did anyone notice this Phlangantres on our way in?


It would have been hard to not notice Phlagantres on your way in, though you didn't know his name. Maps page 3

You can't help but notice the immense floating blob on his levitating throne.

Scarab Sages

Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 10 | HP 87/83 | AC 25(29), T 14, FF 23(27) | Fort +13(15), Ref +9(11), Will +15(17) | Init +3 | Perc +14(16) | Sense Motive +17(19) | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/6, level 2 4/5, level 3 2/4, level 4 2/2 |

"So. We're here t' discomfit Leventi. Any interest?"

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +13 | HP 102|102 | AC29, T12, FF27 | Fort +14, Ref +12, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 18 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AH, DP, Ext MV x2, BBPill, EE, LS, LB, AW,
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
3|7|4|4|4
Conditions: Delay Poison

Oh my

Ando cautiosuly approaches the immense throne. Yes, as my friend here says, we are currently investigating the contract devil Leventi on behalf of Hell and the osyluth Vetrivedes. I assume you would wish to co-operate with an official investigation into irregularities by any servant of Dis. Of course your assistance would feature prominently in our official report...

Diplomacy, hell: 1d20 + 28 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 28 - 4 = 29

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: (31) (33 vs disarm, sunder; 36 grapple) | F: +18, R: (+11), W: +16 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: DR 3/- alchemical grease, life bubble, shield, enlarge person, shield of faith, RE 30 (fire), air walk

The iron discipline of Dis revealed in all its majesty … *shudder*

“Jarluxis claims you’re in the know. Is she wrong?”

aid diplomacy, in heck: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (2) - 5 = -3

Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

Ignoring Eadie, the detective chimes in to support Ando. "Indeed Phlagantres, your testimony could well make the difference."
Diplo, aid {Hell}: 1d20 + 24 - 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 24 - 2 + (3) = 32


"And what do you need from me? Certainly I have nothing to testify against, and you mortals never seem to know what you need, which is why you're always making contracts. What do you need of me, and I will fulfill it if it's not too bothersome. I care nothing of the goings on of Leventi or any of the others, I merely do my job." He seems on the up and up, he'll help you, but he isn't able to tell the future so he doesn't know what you need before you tell him.

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +13 | HP 102|102 | AC29, T12, FF27 | Fort +14, Ref +12, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 18 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AH, DP, Ext MV x2, BBPill, EE, LS, LB, AW,
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
3|7|4|4|4
Conditions: Delay Poison

Ando looks him up and down, Well, we are looking into Leventi, he is a contract devil, would you have access to any of he contracts he has entered into, particularly anything in relation to Gellius Thrune or other Chelaxians?


"Ah, yes, I certainly have examples of his work, I will see what I can find you..." He doesn't seem even remotely happy to help, but he does so. A book is left open on the table he was at, and you certainly could look at that if you so desired, but otherwise he returns shortly with exactly what Ando asked for.

Gellius Thrune’s contract is only accessible by requesting it from Phlagantres directly. The contract is especially ornate, though its core agreement is fairly straightforward: Gellius exchanged his soul for extensive legal advice and direct assistance in defending House Thrune against slanderous attacks. This might provide additional insight into the adventure’s background, but otherwise holds no special benefit.

I need Linguistics or Profession: Barrister for the remainder of the contracts, or you can haul them back up to Jarluxis which will give you a +5 bonus on any such roll.

Scarab Sages

Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 10 | HP 87/83 | AC 25(29), T 14, FF 23(27) | Fort +13(15), Ref +9(11), Will +15(17) | Init +3 | Perc +14(16) | Sense Motive +17(19) | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/6, level 2 4/5, level 3 2/4, level 4 2/2 |

Dunia begins sorting through the contract, trying to make certain that Fendel only has to deal with the truly tricky bits.

Linguistics aid: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 [ooc]I assume Fendel will take care of business, but Dunia's gonna help! ish :-p

Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

The detective quickly scans the book left open.

Perception {HELL}: 1d20 + 36 - 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (20) + 36 - 2 + (4) = 58
Linguistics {HELL}: 1d20 + 22 - 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 22 - 2 + (4) = 41


Fendel finds the book disturbing, it details the exploits of a prolific angel-executioner known as Shyakurl, and the book has a strong evil and lawful aura. Any random passage almost certainly details one of Shyakurl’s blood-soaked exploits in grisly detail, and just processing the information is painful.

Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 1, 3) = 9 DC 21 Fort or Will halves. Nauseated if fail.

Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

Fort vs DC 21: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

Bile rises up in the detective's throat as he learns more than he ever wanted to know about Shyakuri. His eye feel as if they have been stabbed as they turn slightly red and begin to water.


It takes Fendel some time, even given his expertise, but he can spot several embarrassing loopholes in one of the contracts as well as identify examples of Leventi trading Hell’s resources for personal gain.

This, combined with your several other pieces of information might be enough to confront him, or you could stop by the palace as the paracountess had indicated.

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +13 | HP 102|102 | AC29, T12, FF27 | Fort +14, Ref +12, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 18 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AH, DP, Ext MV x2, BBPill, EE, LS, LB, AW,
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
3|7|4|4|4
Conditions: Delay Poison

I suggest we head over to the palace, may as well try and get as much as we can while there is time.

How much of our time limit have we used?

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: (31) (33 vs disarm, sunder; 36 grapple) | F: +18, R: (+11), W: +16 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: DR 3/- alchemical grease, life bubble, shield, enlarge person, shield of faith, RE 30 (fire), air walk


"Agreed. Let's go, GO, GO!"

251 to 300 of 338 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SO -Outpost II- What Prestige is Worth All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.