SO -Outpost II- What Prestige is Worth

Game Master ScorchedOne

Maps & Handouts


301 to 328 of 328 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

You're at about half of your 24 hours. Most of that just walking between A and B.

The creatures waiting in line grumble as a livery-adorned imp with a runed halo ignores them, approaching the newcomers instead. “Greetings from my mistress, Rowane. She welcomes you to Eleusys and bids you wait here a moment until I return to fetch you.”

As the imp flies away, it is accosted by an exquisitely groomed Keleshite man in fine robes and wearing a silver Aspis badge. “I have an urgent matter regarding a contractual error that cannot wait! A devil has stolen my property…” The imp ignores the man, who grinds his teeth in frustration at the palace gates.

You have the option of interacting with the man or I can fast-forward to the imp's return.

Scarab Sages

Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 10 | HP 87/83 | AC 25(29), T 14, FF 23(27) | Fort +13(15), Ref +9(11), Will +15(17) | Init +3 | Perc +14(16) | Sense Motive +17(19) | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/6, level 2 4/5, level 3 2/4, level 4 2/2 |

Dunia eyes the Aspis snake suspiciously, but in a place like this, anyone could be a surprising ally. Sense Motive: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27

Trying to get a sense of if his grievance is legitimate

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Hooded Champion Ranger 10 | HP 84/84 | AC 21 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12, CMD 28 | F: +14, R: +17, W: +11 | Init: *+6 | Perc: *+19 SM: *+1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/3 2nd 2/2 3rd 1/1 | Panache: 1/1 | Active conditions: Evil Planar Penalties

Rudzik refrains from spitting even though he very much looks like he would like to. "Figures we'd find a few snakes in Hell," he mutters to Fendel.


Dunia is fairly convinced that the Aspis agent does have a legitimate grievance he's trying to get heard, though unlike you he doesn't seem to have the importance to get it heard.

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: (31) (33 vs disarm, sunder; 36 grapple) | F: +18, R: (+11), W: +16 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: DR 3/- alchemical grease, life bubble, shield, enlarge person, shield of faith, RE 30 (fire), air walk

"Shalom Sayidi Agent D'argent."

Eadie bows to the Keleshite in the Minkaen style. “Are you from the Keleshite Empire of Casmaron? I am Signorina Navhelan, Defender of Katheer, Qadira during the marriage of the Lady of Silver to Farendir Faireven.”

“If there is anything we can do to make your stay in Hell more comfortable, please don’t hesitate to ask.”

aid diplomacy – Hell: 1d20 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (18) - 1 - 4 = 13

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +13 | HP 102|102 | AC29, T12, FF27 | Fort +14, Ref +12, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 18 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AH, DP, Ext MV x2, BBPill, EE, LS, LB, AW,
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
3|7|4|4|4
Conditions: Delay Poison

Ando eyes the man suspiciously, je has never had any good dealings with the Aspis. May we can get your case heard, what would you do for us n return?

Diplomacy, hell: 1d20 + 28 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 28 - 4 = 27


"I really couldn't do anything for you, but it's to prevent a great miscarriage of justice... surely that is a noble enough cause?" He looks very nervous, and holds out his papers. "Please, I would be very grateful. It isn't right..."

Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

The detective takes the documents. He pauses a moment. Please don't be a repeat of last time. He hesitates, then activates the enchantment on his wayfinder. Once he is assured there are no hidden traps in the text, and looks them over.

Casting Detect Magic. I really do not want to detonate an Explosive Runes spell or the like. I do have Trap Spotter.

Linguistics: 1d20 + 22 - 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 22 - 2 + (2) = 40
Disable Device {Magic Trap} (if needed)}: 1d20 + 31 - 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 31 - 2 + (6) = 48

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: (31) (33 vs disarm, sunder; 36 grapple) | F: +18, R: (+11), W: +16 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: DR 3/- alchemical grease, life bubble, shield, enlarge person, shield of faith, RE 30 (fire), air walk
Silver Agent wrote:
“I really couldn't do anything for you ...”

“Yes you could. You can say ‘Pathfinders are the best’ and kiss Fendel's wayfinder.”

Eadie tries to read over the detective's shoulder. “Need any help?”

Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

Fendel`s hand shoots up. "No! No kissing or touching. Just...no." He then turns toward Eadie, "Thank you, but I believe the situation is under control."

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: (31) (33 vs disarm, sunder; 36 grapple) | F: +18, R: (+11), W: +16 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: DR 3/- alchemical grease, life bubble, shield, enlarge person, shield of faith, RE 30 (fire), air walk

“Shucks! I’m just talking a little *peck* on the wayfie, Fen.”

Eyebrows under helm go UP. “Not like a Galt kiss or anything.”

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +13 | HP 102|102 | AC29, T12, FF27 | Fort +14, Ref +12, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 18 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AH, DP, Ext MV x2, BBPill, EE, LS, LB, AW,
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
3|7|4|4|4
Conditions: Delay Poison

Ando shakes his head, Why dont you tell us what your problem is and we can consider if we can help you...


Eadie puts her foot directly in her mouth, which while acrobatic, hurts your diplomacy...

He exchanged property of Leventi’s choosing for a wish that gained him silver agent status. He realized too late that the devil wanted his slave apprentice, Narsino. Unknown to Leventi, Kirash had already submitted the paperwork to free Narsino after growing fond of him. Thus, Narsino’s pending status was as a free person, not Kirash’s property, which greatly complicates Leventi’s claim. Kirash hopes to prove Narsino’s seizure was theft before his apprentice dies in Hell.
Kirash has documentation proving Leventi’s error, Fendel can confirm Leventi’s error and recognize that a typical infernal court would rule in Kirash’s favor. This can help his case, though he still stands little chance of defying Leventi without the intercession of a higher authority. This all takes only a matter of a couple of minutes.

"Pathfinders? Well... I can't be very choosy. Please. I will say that you are very efficient, and you are knowledgeable, and in this case you are more able than I am." He looks like the words taste like a vile, foul thing in his mouth.

Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

Would this information be beneficial or help OUR case in any way?


The fact that this contract was a screw-up by Leventi DOES help you, yes.

Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

"It would seem fate has smiled upon you this day. We may be in a position to assist you."


"I would be very grateful if you could... will you?" He asks, hopefully. You can see the imp returning to take you where you need to go.

Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

My assumption is that he will not simply give up his paperwork. So, if we want this contract, we would probably have to bring him with us. We may have enough without bringing him, and it would suck to bring an unknown quality in with us. But, more evidence IS more evidence. Thoughts?

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +13 | HP 102|102 | AC29, T12, FF27 | Fort +14, Ref +12, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 18 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AH, DP, Ext MV x2, BBPill, EE, LS, LB, AW,
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
3|7|4|4|4
Conditions: Delay Poison

We might be willing to help you though it doesn't seem that good a deal for poor old Narsino, from being trapped in hell to going back to being your slave. However, if you were willing to give him his freedom I might be willing to speak on your behalf.

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: (31) (33 vs disarm, sunder; 36 grapple) | F: +18, R: (+11), W: +16 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: DR 3/- alchemical grease, life bubble, shield, enlarge person, shield of faith, RE 30 (fire), air walk

"I believe he always intended to set his man Narsino free, Ando. So yeah, I'm good with helping Mister Snake ..."

... who sold someone else's soul for a dang SILVER BADGE!! What a douche.

"You'll need to lend us the necessary proof until the deal is done but."

Scarab Sages

Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 10 | HP 87/83 | AC 25(29), T 14, FF 23(27) | Fort +13(15), Ref +9(11), Will +15(17) | Init +3 | Perc +14(16) | Sense Motive +17(19) | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/6, level 2 4/5, level 3 2/4, level 4 2/2 |

"Narsino ain't goin' back t' be a slave. De reason we can get his soul back, is he wasn't property in de eyes of de law, since Kirash'd already freed him. De snake ain't de one we'd be helpin'. Le's do it."


"Right, I was doing good! I wouldn't want to see Narsino die here." He gladly offers what he has to you, hopeful that you will aid him.

The imp returns and escorts the party to the norn Rowane. Wide corridors through darkly beautiful foliage wander far enough from the iron streets of the city to be insulated from the omnipresent noise and heat. The journey concludes at a three-tiered gallery displaying armor, weapons, relics, and framed woven swatches, all built around a wide-branched blackwood tree with leaves of gold. A black-haired woman standing 14 feet in height looks away from a skein of thread and rises in greeting, gesturing toward seats around an intricately carved oaken table.

“Welcome to Eleusys, travelers. Take respite and refreshment as guests in the home of my queen, Erecura. I, Rowane, greet you in her name.”

The norn asks each Pathfinder’s name in turn and offers food and drink.

“My queen knows of your investigation and wishes to take up the matter. Leventi made certain promises in Hell’s name, the details known to him alone. She asks that you retrieve his personal records—should your investigation prove successful—so that she can see his obligations fulfilled and no one else suffers for his alleged mistakes.”

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: (31) (33 vs disarm, sunder; 36 grapple) | F: +18, R: (+11), W: +16 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: DR 3/- alchemical grease, life bubble, shield, enlarge person, shield of faith, RE 30 (fire), air walk

Eadie realizes the invaluable respite Lady Rowane and her queen’s palace offers a relatively uninfluential mortal such as herself.

When asked her name, the warrior removes her helm and bows nervously but sincerely. “Eadie Navhelan, My Lady. Simple swordswoman.”

“Oh and if it pleases you, no refreshment is necessary.”

She continues standing respectfully, not quite at ease, speaking only if spoken to.

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +13 | HP 102|102 | AC29, T12, FF27 | Fort +14, Ref +12, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 18 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AH, DP, Ext MV x2, BBPill, EE, LS, LB, AW,
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
3|7|4|4|4
Conditions: Delay Poison

Ando bows to the woman, I am Ando Gallonica of Egorian, your hospitality is most welcome lasdy.

He takes a seat and accepts any refreshment offered muttering askance to Eadie, dont offend the nice lady Eadie.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Hooded Champion Ranger 10 | HP 84/84 | AC 21 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12, CMD 28 | F: +14, R: +17, W: +11 | Init: *+6 | Perc: *+19 SM: *+1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/3 2nd 2/2 3rd 1/1 | Panache: 1/1 | Active conditions: Evil Planar Penalties

"Rudzik," the ranger grumbles. "Jus' a humble woods'man."

Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

Willfully giving up 'true names'? Sounds risky. Still, lying here will be worse. Rudzik may have the wisest approach. The detective waits a beat as he considers his options. "Greeting and salutations. I am known to most as Fendel."

Scarab Sages

Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 10 | HP 87/83 | AC 25(29), T 14, FF 23(27) | Fort +13(15), Ref +9(11), Will +15(17) | Init +3 | Perc +14(16) | Sense Motive +17(19) | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/6, level 2 4/5, level 3 2/4, level 4 2/2 |

Dunia's eyes narrow as she responds. "Dunia. An' where can we 'spect t' find de records?"


"Well his records would be in his scriptorium, at the Fallen Fastness. I expect you'll have no trouble gaining access, but just in case..." Rowane provides you each with a pin, bearing a halo of runes. "This is the symbol of Erecura, my mistress. She would see that hell is not embarrassed, as her husband is a just man. I would advise you to seek further evidence in Leventi's chambers, before confronting the devil himself."

301 to 328 of 328 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SO -Outpost II- What Prestige is Worth All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.