SO -Outpost II- What Prestige is Worth

Game Master ScorchedOne

Maps & Handouts


101 to 150 of 340 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: (31) (33 vs disarm, sunder; 36 grapple) | F: +18, R: (+11), W: +16 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: DR 3/- alchemical grease, life bubble, shield, enlarge person, shield of faith, RE 30 (fire), air walk

It is obvious to native and visitor alike that Eadie is lost here without a lead from one of her companions.

What is the Emerald Eye anyway? A bookshoppe, but like from H℥ll??

“Ando, what was their connexion with what we're here for again?”

aid bluff – CG: 1d20 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (11) - 1 - 4 = 6

Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6
Zarta wrote:
In this direction lies the Fallen Fastness, a library of mortal sin. Vetrivides waits there and may have more information.

The detective decides to take a more direct route.

What is the proper greeting in Hell anyway?

"Evidence would suggest you are the librarian. Your collection here is quite impressive. As the curator, it would stand to reason that you would know and be able to direct any interested persons or party to Vetrivides. We have business to discuss with him and have been told he is here."

Diplomacy {Hell}: 1d20 + 10 + 15 - 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 15 - 2 + (3) = 45

Alright, that interaction held not a single inquiry. Thus, there is no possible 'bargain' I have struck.


The Erinyes raises a vulpine brow. "You are mistaken. While I am a librarian for the Fastness, I am not there currently, as you can obviously see given that we are in this store which is clearly not the Fastness. If you were told he is here, in this store, you should look for him. I am not Vetrivides."

She seems also to hear Ando and the ear twitches, but it could be nothing. Sense Motive 24 tells you it's not nothing.

Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

Well Poop! I thought Emerald Eye was a titled section/location in the Library.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 25 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 25 + (5) = 39

Well, Aldo has seemed to have struck a nerve.

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: (31) (33 vs disarm, sunder; 36 grapple) | F: +18, R: (+11), W: +16 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: DR 3/- alchemical grease, life bubble, shield, enlarge person, shield of faith, RE 30 (fire), air walk

Whaaa? I’ve never seen Fendel put in his place like that before!

Eadie is more confused than ever, but that won’t slow her down – let alone stop her!

Maybe the foxy devil is just thick as an outhouse wall??

Hmm, seeing I have some experience with outhouses and thick, I might have a go …

“ ’Scuse me, ma’am. Don’t mind my friend. He prolly just likes you. You see he gets tongue-tied around pretty women.”

Eadie carries on, wearing a gormless smile. “I couldn’t help but overhear you’re a librarian. What a coincidence, I’m a scribe! I write it, you rack it. So we’re like vertically integrated, yeah?”

“Anyways …” She finally gets down to business. “Some interesting stuff – not meant to be seen by everyone mind – crosses my desk. Would you know folks in need of an outa town information broker?”

aid Sense motive - CG: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 2 - 4 = 13

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +17 | HP 102|102 | AC30, T13, FF30 | Fort +14, Ref +10, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 19 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AntH, DelayP, Ext MVest x2, BBPill, EndEele, LongsS, LifeB, AirW, SoF, DeathW
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
2|2|4|3|4
Conditions: MI 2|2

Ando looks over tto Eadie. Eadie, stop bothering the poor woman, I am sure she has better things to do than prattle on with you. Now, come and help me find the head of Gellius Thrune. I was assured that he was on sale here

Bluff: 1d20 + 28 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 28 - 4 = 27

He turns to the long eared former agathion. Please accept my apologies for my servant bothering you. I shall have her whipped when we return to Golarion. I dont suppose you could be of assistance, I was given what I thought was reliable information that Gellius Thrune could be found here but it seems I was misinformed. I would rather not have to search the entirety of this most impressive city. You wouldnt happen to know anything about him would you? You seem knowledgable in matters of mortal scholars...

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 28 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 28 - 4 = 43


"Gellius Thrune? Oh no, he is... elsewhere. Though that information would cost you. I might be willing to part with it, for spells, scrolls, or secrets... I certainly cannot let such powerful knowledge go for mere wordplay, satisfying as it might be." She smiles, somewhat coyly. A spellbook or scroll worth 700gp+ may be traded, otherwise a sufficiently high knowledge check to share some knowledge she does not otherwise have.

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: (31) (33 vs disarm, sunder; 36 grapple) | F: +18, R: (+11), W: +16 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: DR 3/- alchemical grease, life bubble, shield, enlarge person, shield of faith, RE 30 (fire), air walk
’Master’ wrote:
I shall have her whipped when we return to Golarion. I dont suppose you could be of assistance …

“Whaa??”

Eadie looks taken aback at this. “Don’t get me wrong, ma’am. What with those fox ears, you’re cute and all.”

“I just prefer oiled-up Prime Beef-cake when it’s time to atone for my sins.”

She places a hand up to her mouth. “And just quietly, I think ‘Master’ prefers me that way too.”

+2 roleplay bonus to the best Skill check, GM ScorchedOne? C’mon, you know you want to ;)

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

Secrets she says?

The detective swallows an extract and consults his chronicles. Once prepared, he closes the last of the tomes, raises his eyes to the librarian with confidence. This is a battlefield Fendel has spent a life time preparing for. It is his home, and he is more comfortable in this arena than any other. In this venue, he is more than just a gladiator, he is an erudite assassin.

With a smile that shows this battle is already won, he merely asks, "Well, have you heard about...?"

Knowledge (arcana) {Heightened Awareness/PF chronicle/ Clear Ear (+2) / HELL (-2)}: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 22 + 2 + 1 + (5) = 36
Knowledge (dungeoneering) {Heightened Awareness/PF chronicle/ Clear Ear (+2) / HELL (-2)}: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 22 + 2 + 1 + (3) = 38
Knowledge (engineering) {Heightened Awareness/PF chronicle/ Clear Ear (+2) / HELL (-2)}: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 22 + 2 + 1 + (6) = 35
Knowledge (geography) {Heightened Awareness/PF chronicle/ Clear Ear (+2) / HELL (-2)}: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 22 + 2 + 1 + (6) = 44
Knowledge (history) {Heightened Awareness/PF chronicle/ Clear Ear (+2) / HELL (-2)}: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 22 + 2 + 1 + (1) = 35
Knowledge (local) {Heightened Awareness/PF chronicle/ Clear Ear (+2) / HELL (-2)}: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (15) + 22 + 2 + 1 + (1) = 41
Knowledge (nature) {Heightened Awareness/PF chronicle/ Clear Ear (+2) / HELL (-2)}: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 22 + 2 + 1 + (2) = 44
Knowledge (nobility) {Heightened Awareness/PF chronicle/ Clear Ear (+2) / HELL (-2)}: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 22 + 2 + 1 + (1) = 43
Knowledge (planes) {Heightened Awareness/PF chronicle/ Clear Ear (+2) / HELL (-2)}: 1d20 + 24 + 2 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (19) + 24 + 2 + 1 + (2) = 48
Knowledge (religion) {Heightened Awareness/PF chronicle/ Clear Ear (+2) / HELL (-2)}: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 22 + 2 + 1 + (6) = 34

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: (31) (33 vs disarm, sunder; 36 grapple) | F: +18, R: (+11), W: +16 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: DR 3/- alchemical grease, life bubble, shield, enlarge person, shield of faith, RE 30 (fire), air walk

Eadie’s eyebrows shoot up at some of the secrets the Detective reveals.

The Shadow Lodge got disbanded?? When did that happen?

“Yeah, I’ve got one too.”

Eadie clears her dry throat. “There’s Material Plane natives that truly believe Golarion is round like a ball.”


"Of course it's not spherical, it's a disc supported on the backs of four celestial elephants who are in turn atop a celestial turtle, every fool knows that," the former agathion remarks, though it is curious to tell whether she is kidding or not. Sense Motive DC GM Fiat to determine if she really believes that.

To Fendel's information. "Oh you surely are a treasure trove of secrets, and for one so young... do let me know before you go selling your soul, I'd offer a better price than most. The resources of the Fastness are immense." She glides a finger along the line of Fendel's chin. "I will tell you a few things. First, Leventi possesses the soul of Gellius Thrune, one of the founders of House Thrune from centuries ago. Leventi also owns Tholvinus, Gellius’s imp, but does a sloppy job of keeping the imp from wandering off. Tholvinus was recently captured and is now one of many prizes offered by the fighting pits of Widow’s Cry. Second, I not only acquired Thrune relics for Leventi, I also performed several simple services that would have made it easier for someone to steal heirlooms outright. Finally, Ophelia Peran has occasionally worked as one of Leventi’s operatives, but you'd have to speak to Yseldra for more on that." She smiles. "I do hope this has been as enlightening to you as it has to me, and who knew that about the Sky Key, yes truly an amazing secret."

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +17 | HP 102|102 | AC30, T13, FF30 | Fort +14, Ref +10, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 19 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AntH, DelayP, Ext MVest x2, BBPill, EndEele, LongsS, LifeB, AirW, SoF, DeathW
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
2|2|4|3|4
Conditions: MI 2|2

Ando smiles at the woman, Well, it seems you are quite the treasure trove of information. Fighting pits you say? Where might we find this Widows Cry?


"Oh I'm sure someone could sell you a map. Or ask around." Literally on the map you already have.

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: (31) (33 vs disarm, sunder; 36 grapple) | F: +18, R: (+11), W: +16 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: DR 3/- alchemical grease, life bubble, shield, enlarge person, shield of faith, RE 30 (fire), air walk

"Sounds like we're getting somewhere."

Eadie clenches and unclenches her gauntlets. "So to the Fighting Pits to win an imp then?"

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +17 | HP 102|102 | AC30, T13, FF30 | Fort +14, Ref +10, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 19 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AntH, DelayP, Ext MVest x2, BBPill, EndEele, LongsS, LifeB, AirW, SoF, DeathW
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
2|2|4|3|4
Conditions: MI 2|2

We have a map? I must have missed that

It does indeed, lets head over there and see if we can win ourselves an Imp.


Anything else in the markets, or shall we proceed toward the fighting pits?

Scarab Sages

Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 10 | HP 87/83 | AC 25(29), T 14, FF 23(27) | Fort +13(15), Ref +9(11), Will +15(17) | Init +3 | Perc +14(16) | Sense Motive +17(19) | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/6, level 2 4/5, level 3 2/4, level 4 2/2 |

Fighting pits works for me :-)

Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

Aw man! Fighting, blech. Can't we stay here where I can win??? No? Poop.

The detective smiles like he knows he held something back and got the better part of his bargain with the Erinyes. "Thank you for ...more than generous terms."


Okay, need a survival check to navigate to the fighting pits! Also, are you contacting your good friend Zarta before you go?

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +17 | HP 102|102 | AC30, T13, FF30 | Fort +14, Ref +10, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 19 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AntH, DelayP, Ext MVest x2, BBPill, EndEele, LongsS, LifeB, AirW, SoF, DeathW
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
2|2|4|3|4
Conditions: MI 2|2

We should probably let Zarta know what we have found using one of those sending scrolls

Survival, aid: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Hooded Champion Ranger 10 | HP 84/84 | AC 21 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12, CMD 28 | F: +14, R: +17, W: +11 | Init: *+6 | Perc: *+19 SM: *+1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/3 2nd 2/2 3rd 1/1 | Panache: 1/1 | Active conditions: Evil Planar Penalties

After everyone who wants to Aid has attempted:
Survival, Favored Terrain: 1d20 + 16 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 16 + 2 - 2 = 33

Can’t wait to be out of this Hellhole, Rudzik mutters internally, but he’s spent enough time studying both people and devils to understand the flow of the crowd and where the Fighting Pits are most likely to be waiting. ”That way,” he points.

Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

Surreptitiously consulting his wayfinder, Fendel nods in agreement as the team navigates toward their destination.

Survival, aid {HELL/Wayfinder}: 1d20 + 13 - 2 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 13 - 2 + 5 = 21
Stealth {HELL}: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 15 - 2 = 29


N Male Wolf Tracker Companion 9 | HP 94/94 | AC 27 T 12 FF 24 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +11, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +1 | Speed 50ft | Active conditions: None

Survival to Aid: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 9 - 4 = 10

Ears pinned back, Wilk helps Rudzik navigate the crowded marketplace.


You have no trouble navigating. But what of Zarta?

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +17 | HP 102|102 | AC30, T13, FF30 | Fort +14, Ref +10, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 19 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AntH, DelayP, Ext MVest x2, BBPill, EndEele, LongsS, LifeB, AirW, SoF, DeathW
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
2|2|4|3|4
Conditions: MI 2|2

Ando takes one of the sending scrolls. Ok, we only have 25 words, what do we tell her?

How about something like...

Thrunes Imp prize at widpws cry games, Yseldra night hag controls soul of Peran, wants cash, contact investigating leventi, gnome techbright can provide cover

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: (31) (33 vs disarm, sunder; 36 grapple) | F: +18, R: (+11), W: +16 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: DR 3/- alchemical grease, life bubble, shield, enlarge person, shield of faith, RE 30 (fire), air walk


"Sounds good, Ando. When do we get to kill something?"

Scarab Sages

Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 10 | HP 87/83 | AC 25(29), T 14, FF 23(27) | Fort +13(15), Ref +9(11), Will +15(17) | Init +3 | Perc +14(16) | Sense Motive +17(19) | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/6, level 2 4/5, level 3 2/4, level 4 2/2 |

"Nice an' short. Go on an' send it."

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +17 | HP 102|102 | AC30, T13, FF30 | Fort +14, Ref +10, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 19 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AntH, DelayP, Ext MVest x2, BBPill, EndEele, LongsS, LifeB, AirW, SoF, DeathW
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
2|2|4|3|4
Conditions: MI 2|2

Ando takes the scroll of sending and activates it, sending the message.

I think you will get the chance to fight something pretty soon Eadie. If this imp is a prize at the fighting pits I doubt they will just hand it over if we ask nicely. I suspect we are going to have to fight for it.

Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

And I doubt Eadie will be able to fight in those pits alone. Pit fighting...in HELL! Who knows what we will end up facing? Actually, I might be able to write an algorithm for that.


Post coming tomorrow, the day got away from me.


You receive a message back. "Good work, pets. His agents have made several forays to the Ghetto of Outcasts. To the pit for the imp is good idea. Remaining here."

You arrive in widow's cry. A mountain of brass and iron blades rises on the outskirts of the city: this is the palace of Eiseth, the Erinyes Queen. Impaled bodies adorn the mountain, and screams of suffering echo for miles. A black cloud of erinyes circles above, while legions of devils train and clash in claustrophobic alleys and miles-wide plazas. Arenas line the fringes of Eiseth’s domain, and a steady flow of contenders rush to test themselves in the Queen of Night’s gladiatorial matches.

Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

The detective looks around for a barker, a fight organizer, or even a sign-up sheet; anyway to get the team into the pit. He even asks around the less dangerous looking entities entering the arena.

Perception {HELL}: 1d20 + 36 - 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 36 - 2 + (3) = 50
Diplomacy {HELL}: 1d20 + 25 - 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (16) + 25 - 2 + (5) = 44

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Hooded Champion Ranger 10 | HP 84/84 | AC 21 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12, CMD 28 | F: +14, R: +17, W: +11 | Init: *+6 | Perc: *+19 SM: *+1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/3 2nd 2/2 3rd 1/1 | Panache: 1/1 | Active conditions: Evil Planar Penalties

”Make sure to find the one with the imp,” Rudzik growls softly, knowing Fendel’s clogged ears will be able to pick his voice out of the crowd. ”Don’t want to fight more than once in these damned pits if we can help it.”

Perception to Aid: 1d20 + 21 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 21 - 2 + 2 = 32

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: (31) (33 vs disarm, sunder; 36 grapple) | F: +18, R: (+11), W: +16 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: DR 3/- alchemical grease, life bubble, shield, enlarge person, shield of faith, RE 30 (fire), air walk
Widow’s Cry wrote:
… a steady flow of contenders rush to test themselves in the Queen of Night’s gladiatorial matches.

Like willing souls being guided into an infernal mincer …

Eadie’s Weeping wrote:
Impaled bodies adorn the mountain, and screams of suffering echo for miles. A black cloud of erinyes circles above.

Sentient carrion birds. A *screaming* mockery of the kaleidoscopic choirs of archons that wheel endlessly in the skies above the Iomedaen heaven …

STOP! STOP! Did I say that out loud?

Eadie searches her companions’ faces. “The imp’s name is Tholvinus. It belonged to Gellius Thrune of … Cheliax, Gol(?)... arion. If that helps.”

This place is short-circuiting my synapses. I’m going to have nightmares for years ...


You have no trouble finding the signups for matches, nor the cage that holds the prizes including the imp. You think that an exceptionally sneaky person could steal him from the cage, other thoughts that come to mind are that you could negotiate a nonlethal display bout. Otherwise you're certain you could get a fight negotiated here and start beating up some devils. (Opponents non-negotiable)

Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

"Given their concepts of 'Law', thievery should be our last option. I would surmise it is also likely marked or otherwise traceable. How do we feel about a non-lethal battle? To be honest, from what we have experienced in our brief time here, I fear the consequences of dying on
this misbegotten plane."

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Hooded Champion Ranger 10 | HP 84/84 | AC 21 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12, CMD 28 | F: +14, R: +17, W: +11 | Init: *+6 | Perc: *+19 SM: *+1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/3 2nd 2/2 3rd 1/1 | Panache: 1/1 | Active conditions: Evil Planar Penalties

"Depends on their terms," Rudzik replies. "But I've got some arrows that should do the trick though if that's what we decide on doing. Wilk'll have to sit it out - overgrown puppy still doesn't know how to hold back, even when playing."

Could do either way, but non-lethal might be a better option.

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: (31) (33 vs disarm, sunder; 36 grapple) | F: +18, R: (+11), W: +16 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: DR 3/- alchemical grease, life bubble, shield, enlarge person, shield of faith, RE 30 (fire), air walk

"I agree thievery is a bad idea."

Eadie listens carefully to Fendel and and Rudzik. "I'm good with either non-lethal or lethal. Though a non-lethal bout sounds sensible given the venue."

"Fen, can you double-check any fine print please? It would be bad if one of us got arrested for breaking a rule we didn't understand."

Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

Knowledge (local) {HA/HELL/CE}: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 22 + 2 + (5) = 35
Knowledge (planes) {HA/HELL/CE}: 1d20 + 24 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (15) + 24 + 2 + (2) = 43
Knowledge (religion) {HA/HELL/CE}: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 22 + 2 + (6) = 41
Linguistics {HA/HELL}: 1d20 + 22 + 2 - 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 22 + 2 - 2 + (6) = 46

"There is a stipulation about eidlons, the rest seems fairly straightforward. I will read it over again. It looks as if it is in multiple languages, so I will cross-reference the document with many of the other sources here. Give me about four minutes or so."

Scarab Sages

Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 10 | HP 87/83 | AC 25(29), T 14, FF 23(27) | Fort +13(15), Ref +9(11), Will +15(17) | Init +3 | Perc +14(16) | Sense Motive +17(19) | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/6, level 2 4/5, level 3 2/4, level 4 2/2 |

Dunia scowls, "An' here I was hopin' there'd be a place where we could actually fight a devil wit'out worryin' 'bout it. Nonlethal'd be fine though, I s'pose."

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: (31) (33 vs disarm, sunder; 36 grapple) | F: +18, R: (+11), W: +16 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: DR 3/- alchemical grease, life bubble, shield, enlarge person, shield of faith, RE 30 (fire), air walk
The Inner Sea’s Greatest Detective wrote:
“Give me about four minutes or so.”

Whoa!

Hell must be slowing him down.

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +17 | HP 102|102 | AC30, T13, FF30 | Fort +14, Ref +10, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 19 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AntH, DelayP, Ext MVest x2, BBPill, EndEele, LongsS, LifeB, AirW, SoF, DeathW
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
2|2|4|3|4
Conditions: MI 2|2

Ando takes a look around the stadium. I agree that thievery should be a very last option, if one at all. As far as a fight goes, I say bring on the blood. I suspect some trickery if we try and seek a nonlethal fight, I suspect there will be some sort of loophole or other problem not easily seen, even by someone as perceptive as you Fendel. The idea of a nonlethal gladiatorial battle also seems very strange for Hell and I was quite looking forward to getting to legimately murder some devils in actual Hell. Also, most of my magic simply cannot deal nonlethal damage...


Fendel knows that any deal struck here would be binding. The punishment for breaking a bargain here is pretty much being unmade. If you ask for a nonlethal fight (diplomacy), it will be honored.

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +17 | HP 102|102 | AC30, T13, FF30 | Fort +14, Ref +10, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 19 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AntH, DelayP, Ext MVest x2, BBPill, EndEele, LongsS, LifeB, AirW, SoF, DeathW
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
2|2|4|3|4
Conditions: MI 2|2

What would be the terms of a nonlethal battle? Are we just talking no killing or no dealing lethal damage?


No lethal damage. That would be the terms. You can either have a knock-down drag-out with their preferred champions, or you can have the same with the assurance of no lethal damage. They will abide by the rules they set.

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +17 | HP 102|102 | AC30, T13, FF30 | Fort +14, Ref +10, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 19 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AntH, DelayP, Ext MVest x2, BBPill, EndEele, LongsS, LifeB, AirW, SoF, DeathW
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
2|2|4|3|4
Conditions: MI 2|2

Well, my preference is for a full on lethal battle but I will go with the majority if you prefer nonlethal

Come on people, lets go sign up to fight the gods know what. So, is it ging to be lethal or do we want to negotiate a dull, boring event that will make the deinzens of Hell boo us?

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: (31) (33 vs disarm, sunder; 36 grapple) | F: +18, R: (+11), W: +16 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: DR 3/- alchemical grease, life bubble, shield, enlarge person, shield of faith, RE 30 (fire), air walk

Another vote for lethal.

Eadie is not specialized for non-lethal fighting -- and I suspect the opposition WILL be.

Scarab Sages

Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 10 | HP 87/83 | AC 25(29), T 14, FF 23(27) | Fort +13(15), Ref +9(11), Will +15(17) | Init +3 | Perc +14(16) | Sense Motive +17(19) | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/6, level 2 4/5, level 3 2/4, level 4 2/2 |

"Ain' no way we gon' be pitted up against a devil who ain' done somet'in' to deserve it. Lethal's fine by me."

Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

They all have a friggen death wish! As if killing one or a few devils out of billions will make a difference in the long run. They are allowing their emotions to run away with their common sense. "Damn it! Fine, let's just do this already." I can't believe we are going to go through with this.

Well, it sounds as if the heavy hitters are up for it, so let's give it a go.


Will have a battle post up in the morning, I'm just a bit beat tonight, and the weekend happened as well. I apologize profusely and sincerely for the delay of the game.

"So you people think you can win against our champions? We will see. If you do sufficiently well, you never know what might happen. You might even live!" The promoter cackles a bit, and ushers you to a waiting area.

101 to 150 of 340 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SO -Outpost II- What Prestige is Worth All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.