SO -Outpost II- What Prestige is Worth (Inactive)

Game Master ScorchedOne

Maps & Handouts


401 to 450 of 459 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

HP:74/74 | AC: 21 (15T/16FF) | Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6 | BUFFS: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill

"He's resistant to weapons that aren't blessed, and he has moderate resistance to attacks that freeze or rely on acid. I would say a caster of my overall experience would have approximately a fifty percent chance of landing a spell, assuming they have no specialized training to overcome such defenses. Lastly, keep an eye on that scroll, he can use it like a scorpion whip, but can pierce armor as if it did not exist."

Feel free to open the spoiler a few posts back!

Focusing on the nature of their adversary, Fendel invests mental energy into his bow.

Bane Leventi

Dark Archive

female Gnome Summoner 12
Spoiler:
|AC 19, T 12, FF 18|HP: 78/78|F +5, R +5, W +6 (+8 vs MA, +4 vs fear, +2 vs despair/confusion/insanity/death)|Init +1, Perc 0|CMB +9 CMD 20|11/11 Summon Monster VI, 2/2 Maker's Call, 1/1 Pride, 1/1 Mysteries, 1/1 Davian

Lucija opens another one of her signature crackling pyramidal rifts, from which emerges yet another surreal horror almost beyond description (Augmented, therefore it has 114 hit points and +12 to Fortitude saves), which wastes no time in accosting Leventi!

incorporeal touch: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19
negative energy damage: 6d8 ⇒ (8, 4, 5, 2, 7, 2) = 28
on a failed DC 21 Will save versus curse, he is also fatigued and takes Wisdom drain: 1d4 ⇒ 4


NE summon was a good choice.

Leventi takes the many indignities that are levied upon him with a fair amount of bravado.

He tries to break free from the tentacles binding him.

Grapple: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (11) + 22 = 33

He does so. That having taken a fair amount of his actions, he uses his remaining action to say some words in Infernal, which seem to direct one of the nearby statues to action. THAT IS NO STATUE! It begins moving and trying to break free from the display case.

Will: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30

The animate dream gives him little enough trouble, but Eadie's slash is violent and jars him. This is why I wanted to be rid of that brute.

He moves toward her.

Anyone who is not in the initial squares in front of the entrance is lashed at by the scrolls on the walls, taking:
Slashing: 1 + 1d6 ⇒ 1 + (2) = 3 1d6 is bleed.

Party may act. The construct will not act until the following round.

Dark Archive

HP:74/74 | AC: 21 (15T/16FF) | Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6 | BUFFS: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill

Just a reminder Blessing of Fervour:

Choose one of these options at the start of your turn.
Increase its speed by 30 feet.
Stand up as a swift action without provoking an attack of opportunity.
Make one extra attack as part of a full attack action, using its highest base attack bonus.
Gain a +2 bonus on attack rolls and a +2 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves.
Cast a single spell of 2nd level or lower as if it were an enlarged, extended, silent, or still spell.

The detective begins a barrage of arrows.

+1 Merciful Longbow {PBS/DA/ST/BANE/HOLY}: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20
Damage {PBS/DA/ST/BANE/HOLY}: 1d8 + 10 + 2 + 2d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 + (2, 4) + (2, 1) = 24

+1 Merciful Longbow {PBS/DA/ST/BANE/HOLY}: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Damage {PBS/DA/ST/BANE/HOLY}: 1d8 + 10 + 2 + 2d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 2 + (2, 2) + (1, 1) = 19

+1 Merciful Longbow (FERVOUR) {PBS/DA/ST/BANE/HOLY}: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
Damage {PBS/DA/ST/BANE/HOLY}: 1d8 + 10 + 2 + 2d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 2 + (1, 1) + (4, 6) = 25


Fendel finds his arrows swatted out of the air by the scrolls on the walls, which lash out to defend their master and deflect away the arrows.

Also failed to mention all areas in front of scrolls on the walls are now difficult terrain. Pretty much either difficult terrain and slashy scrolls or giant pit of fire in the middle. Welcome to high tier play!

Dark Archive

HP:74/74 | AC: 21 (15T/16FF) | Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6 | BUFFS: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill

WellTHAT was a giant poo-burger!

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Hooded Champion Ranger 10 | HP 81/84 | AC *23 T *18 FF 16 | CMB *+14, CMD *30 | F: +14, R: *+19, W: +11 | Init: *+6 | Perc: *+19 SM: *+1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 2/3 2nd 2/2 3rd 1/1 | Panache: 1/1 | Active conditions: Evil Planar Penalties, Blessing of Fervor

Seeing Fendel's arrows batted down, Rudzik takes a different approach and aims for the activated construct. "You focus on ol' windbag over there and leave the rest to us," he yells to Eadie and Dunia as he unleashes a barrage of arrows with practiced ease.

Taking extra attack from blessing of fervor.

Regular Longbow, Rapid Shot, Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 18 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (6) + 18 - 2 - 3 = 19
Adamantine Piercing damage: 2d6 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (6, 6) + 3 + 6 = 21

Rapid Shot Longbow, Rapid Shot, Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 18 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (16) + 18 - 2 - 3 = 29
Adamantine Piercing damage: 2d6 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 3 + 6 = 16

Iterative Longbow, Rapid Shot, Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 13 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (7) + 13 - 2 - 3 = 15
Adamantine Piercing damage: 2d6 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (2, 2) + 3 + 6 = 13

Fervor Longbow, Rapid Shot, Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 18 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (14) + 18 - 2 - 3 = 27
Adamantine Piercing damage: 2d6 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (3, 3) + 3 + 6 = 15

Using adamantine arrows since most of these things Rudzik has encountered tend to be hard as rocks.


N Male Wolf Tracker Companion 9 | HP 94/94 | AC 27 T 12 FF 24 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +11, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +1 | Speed 50ft | Active conditions: None

Wilk, meanwhile, bites and tears at the scrolls attacking him.

Using extra attack from fervor.

Regular Bite, Pain: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 13 - 4 = 18
Bite damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Iterative Bite, Pain: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 4 = 12
Bite damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Fervor Bite, Pain: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 13 - 4 = 19
Bite damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


The first of Rudzik's arrows is also batted out of the air, though the second hits and the other two clink off its armored exterior.

Fendel
Rudzik
Eadie
Lucija
Dunia
Ando

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Hooded Champion Ranger 10 | HP 81/84 | AC *23 T *18 FF 16 | CMB *+14, CMD *30 | F: +14, R: *+19, W: +11 | Init: *+6 | Perc: *+19 SM: *+1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 2/3 2nd 2/2 3rd 1/1 | Panache: 1/1 | Active conditions: Evil Planar Penalties, Blessing of Fervor

GM, please double-check the rolls. I had disagreements between the labeling and modifiers - this has been resolved and the last two attacks changed results. Also just a reminder that Rudzik ignores anything less than total cover or total concealment - it's been a while since we last had an encounter.

Scarab Sages

Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 10 | HP 80/83 | AC 25(29), T 14, FF 23(27) | Fort +13(15), Ref +9(11), Will +15(17) | Init +3 | Perc +14(16) | Sense Motive +17(19) | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/6, level 2 4/5, level 3 1/4, level 4 0/2 |

Dunia charges her lash with necromantic energy till its aura almost makes it disappear and stomps forward to crack Leventi with it across the face while her conjured tendrils strain to do the same![/dice]

Black Tentacles: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Attack (Fervor): 1d20 + 21 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 21 + 2 = 36
MGTLG* Slashing: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
Spell Resistance: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Vampiric Touch: 5d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 3, 4, 3) = 20


I'm seeing a 20 and 22 for results, are those inaccurate Rudzik? The 29 hits, as does the 27.

Wilk tears up one section of scrolls, which can no longer lash out creating difficult terrain and causing harm.

Fendel
Rudzik
Eadie
Lucija

Dunia
Ando

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: 31 (33 vs disarm, sunder) | F: +19, R: +12, W: +17 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: none

GM, Eadie has DR 3/- so I don't believe she took damage from the scrolls and is not bleeding.

Round #2: AC 26, DR 3/-, Str 22, alchemical grease, life bubble, shield, enlarge person, blessing of fervor

“Dunia, watch out for that construct!”

Eadie holds her ground amongst the hindered terrain and slashes four times at Leventi.

enlarged blessed adamantine falchion + PA + FF vs Leventi: 1d20 + 21 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 21 + 1 - 1 = 22
good magic adamantine slashing damage: 2d6 + 24 ⇒ (5, 4) + 24 = 33

enlarged blessed adamantine falchion + PA + NO FF vs Leventi: 1d20 + 16 + 1 - 1 - 3 ⇒ (19) + 16 + 1 - 1 - 3 = 32 crit threat from blessed weapon autoconfirms against evil creatures
good magic adamantine slashing damage: 2d6 + 24 ⇒ (3, 4) + 24 = 31

enlarged blessed adamantine falchion + PA + NO FF vs Leventi: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 1 - 3 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 1 - 1 - 3 = 20
good magic adamantine slashing damage: 2d6 + 24 ⇒ (6, 5) + 24 = 35

bof extra attack + PA + NO FF vs Leventi: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 1 - 3 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 1 - 1 - 3 = 9
good magic adamantine slashing damage: 2d6 + 24 ⇒ (1, 5) + 24 = 30

extra good crit damage: 2d6 + 24 ⇒ (6, 6) + 24 = 36

So if the 32 hit, I believe Leventi took another 67 good damage.

Eadie chooses to take the extra attack at her highest BAB from bof.

Dark Archive

female Gnome Summoner 12
Spoiler:
|AC 19, T 12, FF 18|HP: 78/78|F +5, R +5, W +6 (+8 vs MA, +4 vs fear, +2 vs despair/confusion/insanity/death)|Init +1, Perc 0|CMB +9 CMD 20|11/11 Summon Monster VI, 2/2 Maker's Call, 1/1 Pride, 1/1 Mysteries, 1/1 Davian

Eadie, I'm not sure if incorporeal beings can grant flanking, but if they can, you just had that in your attack there.

While Lucija's nightmare hench-entity relentlessly torments Leventi...

incorporeal touch, flank: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35
negative energy damage: 6d8 ⇒ (5, 1, 4, 4, 6, 4) = 24
on a failed DC 21 Will save versus curse, he is also fatigued and takes Wisdom drain: 1d4 ⇒ 3

...Lucija (whose choice of fervor for this round was the speed boost) practically skates across the chamber faster than should be gnomishly possible, then invokes cosmic spirits of flame and water to quicken her and her allies' limbs!

defensive casting haste, DC 19: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33

I think I should be able to so invigorate myself, Dunia, my monster, Eadie, AND Ando from where I am.

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +17 | HP 78|102 | AC30, T13, FF30 | Fort +14, Ref +10, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 19 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AntH, DelayP, Ext MVest x2, BBPill, EndEele, LongsS, LifeB, AirW, SoF, DeathW
Resources:
Channel 8|9, LoH8|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
3|2|5|5|3
Conditions: MI 2|2

Ando always takes the bonus to AC, reflex saves and attacks. At the start of my turn if you have taken 5 damage heal 5 and i take it. This will also stop any bleed.

Ando looks over at Eadie. There appears to be some sort of mistake my dear, Leventi is still alive. You should correct that, here let me help you all

Raising his hand again Ando sends a bust of cool white light through the room, it is filled with the scent of grapes and hops and leaves a light tingling sensation on the skin.

Ando moves into the middle of the room, still air walking. He channels, excluding Leventi, healing 8d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 2, 4, 6, 5, 6, 2) = 33 damage and giving everyone affected by it freedom of movement for 8 rounds.


Leventi groans in agony as he's struck repeatedly. "No, not like this...", he screams, before teleporting away!

Spellcraft which I am fairly certain you can make says it was just dimension door, he auto-passes defensive check.

The enormous golem starts smashing things! In particular, it tries to smash a small summoner! It also emanates an effect that seems to weigh down those near it.

Attack: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (7) + 23 = 30
Damage: 2d10 + 9 + 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) + 9 + (1, 5) = 19
Attack: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (11) + 23 = 34
Damage: 2d10 + 9 + 2d6 ⇒ (6, 7) + 9 + (3, 2) = 27

Also need will saves vs slow from Lucija and Dunia, and please make those the first item in your posts. Not that it'll matter because you have FoM for 8 rounds.

People that aren't Fendel, Rudzik, Ando, or Doggy take:
Slashing + Bleed: 1 + 1d6 ⇒ 1 + (2) = 3

Ando has glorious hellfire erupt from underneath him and he takes:
Fire&Unholy: 6d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 4, 6, 6, 1) = 24 Reflex half, first roll of your post please.

Fendel
Rudzik
Eadie
Lucija
Dunia
Ando

Dark Archive

female Gnome Summoner 12
Spoiler:
|AC 19, T 12, FF 18|HP: 78/78|F +5, R +5, W +6 (+8 vs MA, +4 vs fear, +2 vs despair/confusion/insanity/death)|Init +1, Perc 0|CMB +9 CMD 20|11/11 Summon Monster VI, 2/2 Maker's Call, 1/1 Pride, 1/1 Mysteries, 1/1 Davian

Will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Visibly crunched, Lucija hobbles backward while her faithful companion moves against its new target...

incorporeal touch: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18
negative energy damage: 6d8 ⇒ (7, 5, 4, 6, 2, 3) = 27
Wisdom drain on failed DC 21 Will save versus curse, if at all applicable in this case: 1d4 ⇒ 4

...giving Lucija time to open a perfectly-sized rift beneath the golem's feet!

potential falling damage on failed DC 20 Reflex save: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 5) = 16

Dark Archive

HP:74/74 | AC: 21 (15T/16FF) | Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6 | BUFFS: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 16 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 16 + (6) = 32

Knowing there is no opportunity to follow his quarry, Fen's hand freezes mid-reach for an arrow as Leventi disappears. "Coward." Instead, he seeks out the reason they came. "The soul of Gellius!" Keen eyes search to ensure the devil left it behind. The then crosses the deadly room to secure the asset.

Perception: 1d20 + 36 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 36 + (2) = 56
Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 10 + (4) = 27

BoF for +30 movement, FoM to not be grappled.

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +17 | HP 78|102 | AC30, T13, FF30 | Fort +14, Ref +10, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 19 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AntH, DelayP, Ext MVest x2, BBPill, EndEele, LongsS, LifeB, AirW, SoF, DeathW
Resources:
Channel 8|9, LoH8|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
3|2|5|5|3
Conditions: MI 2|2

Freedom of Movement for all makes slow a moot point

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: 31 (33 vs disarm, sunder) | F: +19, R: +12, W: +17 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: none

"What kinda golem is it?"

Eadie high-pitched voice rings calmly across the battlefield. "Fen, Leventi can't escape this chamber, right? So he's gotta materialize in here soon??"

She decides to delay to see if the golem falls in the pit, but before Leventi acts.

DR 3/- means Eadie takes no damage from the latest scroll attack

Dark Archive

HP:74/74 | AC: 21 (15T/16FF) | Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6 | BUFFS: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill

Arcana vs Golem: 1d20 + 24 - 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 24 - 2 + (6) = 33 In order: Defenses/ SR/ DR/ Special Attacks

The detective does a quick calculation before shaking his head. "Unlikely he will return to the chamber. I should not think he is currently beyond more than a thousand or so feet away. Give or take a couple of hundred. Ninety three percent chance he translocated less than half a mile. Perhaps there is more to this complex concealed from our view."

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: 31 (33 vs disarm, sunder) | F: +19, R: +12, W: +17 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: none

"Think I'll take the under."

No idea what that means -- but dang it sounds cool!

Dark Archive

female Gnome Summoner 12
Spoiler:
|AC 19, T 12, FF 18|HP: 78/78|F +5, R +5, W +6 (+8 vs MA, +4 vs fear, +2 vs despair/confusion/insanity/death)|Init +1, Perc 0|CMB +9 CMD 20|11/11 Summon Monster VI, 2/2 Maker's Call, 1/1 Pride, 1/1 Mysteries, 1/1 Davian

Knowledge (Arcana) to identify Construct, this is your brain on HELL: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 14 - 4 = 13

Once again, personal lived experience proves to be anything but the best way to learn, as the golem's crushing blows seem to have momentarily UN-taught her much of what she knows about golemcraft.

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +17 | HP 78|102 | AC30, T13, FF30 | Fort +14, Ref +10, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 19 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AntH, DelayP, Ext MVest x2, BBPill, EndEele, LongsS, LifeB, AirW, SoF, DeathW
Resources:
Channel 8|9, LoH8|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
3|2|5|5|3
Conditions: MI 2|2

Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Ando grimaces as hellfire engulfs him. He slaps himself in the chest several times and his wounds close over.

Using healers way to restore 5d6 + 10 ⇒ (4, 2, 4, 6, 3) + 10 = 29 HP as a swift action.

Turning to the Golem he weaves a complex spell and a mass of sand swirls up around it, interfering with its vision.

Casting persistent sand whirlwind. It does not allow SR. It needs to make two DC21 will saves or be blinded for 11 rounds. There is no ongoing save to get rid of the condition.

Scarab Sages

Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 10 | HP 80/83 | AC 25(29), T 14, FF 23(27) | Fort +13(15), Ref +9(11), Will +15(17) | Init +3 | Perc +14(16) | Sense Motive +17(19) | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/6, level 2 4/5, level 3 1/4, level 4 0/2 |

Will: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24 Maybe?

Dunia's face, normally far from cheerful falls even more as she realizes she's fighting a golem.

Gradually she backs away, slashing her lash into it with all the force she can muster.

Lash: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (8) + 21 = 29
MGTLG Slashing: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
Lash: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25
MGTLG Slashing: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
BoF Lash: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (1) + 21 = 22
MGTLG Slashing: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Hooded Champion Ranger 10 | HP 81/84 | AC *23 T *18 FF 16 | CMB *+14, CMD *30 | F: +14, R: *+19, W: +11 | Init: *+6 | Perc: *+19 SM: *+1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 2/3 2nd 2/2 3rd 1/1 | Panache: 1/1 | Active conditions: Evil Planar Penalties, Blessing of Fervor

Assuming the golem isn't at the bottom of a pit...

Rudzik lets fly another flurry of arrows at the construct, silent and focused.

Regular Longbow, RS, DA: 1d20 + 18 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (14) + 18 - 2 - 3 = 27
Adamantine Piercing damage: 2d6 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (1, 1) + 3 + 6 = 11

Rapid Shot Longbow, RS, DA: 1d20 + 18 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (6) + 18 - 2 - 3 = 19
Adamantine Piercing damage: 2d6 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (5, 1) + 3 + 6 = 15

Iterative Longbow, RS, DA: 1d20 + 13 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (14) + 13 - 2 - 3 = 22
Adamantine Piercing damage: 2d6 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 3 + 6 = 16

Fervor Longbow, RS, DA: 1d20 + 18 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (6) + 18 - 2 - 3 = 19
Adamantine Piercing damage: 2d6 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (1, 1) + 3 + 6 = 11

Scarab Sages

Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 10 | HP 80/83 | AC 25(29), T 14, FF 23(27) | Fort +13(15), Ref +9(11), Will +15(17) | Init +3 | Perc +14(16) | Sense Motive +17(19) | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/6, level 2 4/5, level 3 1/4, level 4 0/2 |

Dunia has 15' of reach and the golem's tall, so her attacks might go off even if the golem's in a pit :-)


Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 So close...

The golem falls to the bottom of a pit. The party is left in a room which does not contain Gellius Thrune, and they are not able to see where Leventi went. They can continue taking potshots at a golem in a pit, or not.

Party may act.

Fendel
Rudzik
Eadie
Lucija
Dunia
Ando

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: 31 (33 vs disarm, sunder) | F: +19, R: +12, W: +17 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: none

"Leventi can't leave the complex. Vetrivedes is on the way. He knows we won't exchange our souls for Gellius' + a wish. What's his play?"

Eadie pauses to think. "Could he be healing in a concealed chamber before returning, hoping the golem softens us up? He needs our physical proof before Vetrivedes arrives -- or he is totally screwed."

What is of value in this chamber to him that could make him return faster?

The warrior eyes the scrolls lining the walls. "The scrolls are binding contracts for mortal souls not yet delivered, right? Do you think we could make him show up faster by beginning to destroy them, Fen?"

Scarab Sages

Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 10 | HP 80/83 | AC 25(29), T 14, FF 23(27) | Fort +13(15), Ref +9(11), Will +15(17) | Init +3 | Perc +14(16) | Sense Motive +17(19) | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/6, level 2 4/5, level 3 1/4, level 4 0/2 |

"If he can't leave de complex, he can't hide for long."

Dunia opens her third eye see invisibility and rushes towards the entrance to the room.

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +17 | HP 78|102 | AC30, T13, FF30 | Fort +14, Ref +10, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 19 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AntH, DelayP, Ext MVest x2, BBPill, EndEele, LongsS, LifeB, AirW, SoF, DeathW
Resources:
Channel 8|9, LoH8|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
3|2|5|5|3
Conditions: MI 2|2

Ando casts invisibility purge, just in case, and heads back out looking for Leventi.

Dark Archive

HP:74/74 | AC: 21 (15T/16FF) | Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6 | BUFFS: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill

"There is a distinct possibility that could work. However, given the "law" on this plane, that kind of vandalism may cause us as much trouble.

Planes (would Eadie's idea work/cause us trouble): 1d20 + 24 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 24 + (1) = 37


Eadie's idea would be largely moot, there are copies upon copies.

The invisibility purge does not reveal anything additional in the room. Leventi is most assuredly not in this room.

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +17 | HP 78|102 | AC30, T13, FF30 | Fort +14, Ref +10, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 19 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AntH, DelayP, Ext MVest x2, BBPill, EndEele, LongsS, LifeB, AirW, SoF, DeathW
Resources:
Channel 8|9, LoH8|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
3|2|5|5|3
Conditions: MI 2|2

I did move out of the room, anything back in the previous chamber?

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: 31 (33 vs disarm, sunder) | F: +19, R: +12, W: +17 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: none

Round #3: AC 26 (lunge), DR 3/-, Str 22, alchemical grease, haste, life bubble, shield, enlarge person, blessing of fervor

“Well, this is getting boring. We can always let Vetrivedes deal with Leventi and be on our way.”

Eadie takes a hasted 40’ single-move around Lucija’s pit and takes her frustration out on the golem, lunging down at it.

enlarged blessed adamantine falchion + PA + FF + blessing + higher ground vs pitted golem: 1d20 + 21 + 1 - 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 21 + 1 - 1 + 2 + 1 = 27
good magic adamantine slashing damage: 2d6 + 24 ⇒ (4, 2) + 24 = 30

“Sure we’ll miss some prestige, but man, Hell is starting to feel like Purgatory.”

Eadie chooses to gain a +2 bonus on attack rolls and a +2 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves, from bof.

Scarab Sages

Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 10 | HP 80/83 | AC 25(29), T 14, FF 23(27) | Fort +13(15), Ref +9(11), Will +15(17) | Init +3 | Perc +14(16) | Sense Motive +17(19) | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/6, level 2 4/5, level 3 1/4, level 4 0/2 |

Dunia has enough move to get through the 'door', just wasn't sure what the action economy was for something like that.

Dark Archive

female Gnome Summoner 12
Spoiler:
|AC 19, T 12, FF 18|HP: 78/78|F +5, R +5, W +6 (+8 vs MA, +4 vs fear, +2 vs despair/confusion/insanity/death)|Init +1, Perc 0|CMB +9 CMD 20|11/11 Summon Monster VI, 2/2 Maker's Call, 1/1 Pride, 1/1 Mysteries, 1/1 Davian

The nightmare-entity continues to torment the pitted golem...

incorporeal touch, haste, fervor: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26
negative energy damage: 6d8 ⇒ (1, 3, 7, 8, 6, 6) = 31
Wisdom drain on failed DC 21 Will save versus curse, if at all applicable in this case: 1d4 ⇒ 1

...and Lucija contributes a torturous drip of potent acid on its head.

acid splash, acid flask as power focus, haste, fervor: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
acid damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Dunia and Ando move back through the scroll to the previous room... and see Leventi, who has a surprise waiting for them! Once his turn comes around.

There is a great deal of smashing done to the golem. Rudzik also shoots the golem, for his own nefarious purposes.

In the other room, Leventi sends a bead flying at our intrepid pathfinders, which they realize (probably) is a delayed blast fireball, which does not waste any time delaying! "You could have been rich, but now you will simply be dead!" Ever one for optimism and foolish gestures is Leventi, evidently.

Fireball: 13d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 5, 3, 6, 1, 3, 1, 2, 5, 4, 5, 2) = 49 Reflex DC 25, please make your reflex save the first roll of your post.

Party may act. Dunia and Ando are technically one round ahead.

Fendel
Rudzik
Eadie
Lucija

Dunia
Ando

Additionally, I neglected to mention something you'd know, which is that each time you travel through a scroll you get a little bit of the text on you. Since I neglected to mention this, I am handwaving that particular obstacle. Travelling through a scroll takes 1 round, you are deposited at the other end of the scroll on your next turn. The delayed blast fireball was a readied action once you emerge.

Dark Archive

female Gnome Summoner 12
Spoiler:
|AC 19, T 12, FF 18|HP: 78/78|F +5, R +5, W +6 (+8 vs MA, +4 vs fear, +2 vs despair/confusion/insanity/death)|Init +1, Perc 0|CMB +9 CMD 20|11/11 Summon Monster VI, 2/2 Maker's Call, 1/1 Pride, 1/1 Mysteries, 1/1 Davian

There's going to be a map update soon, right?

Always one to appreciate a powerful fireball regardless of whence it comes or what it burns, Lucija diverts her attention from the golem long enough to begin another Conjuration...I cast summon monster V, what comes out will be revealed next round!

The nightmare, however, continues gleefully tormenting its present helpless target.

incorporeal touch, haste, fervor: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (11) + 19 = 30
negative energy damage: 6d8 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 7, 8, 1) = 21
Wisdom drain on failed DC 21 Will save versus curse, if at all applicable in this case: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: 31 (33 vs disarm, sunder) | F: +19, R: +12, W: +17 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: none

Reflex + haste + blessing of fervor: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 1 + 2 = 30

Round #4: AC 29, DR 3/-, Str 22, alchemical grease, haste, life bubble, shield (6/10), enlarge person (5/10), blessing of fervor

Of course! Scroll travel!

“Good thinking, Ando + Dunia!”

Eadie takes a single-hasted 35’ move to enter the travel-scroll.

Eadie chooses to gain a +2 bonus on attack rolls and a +2 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves, from bof.

Scarab Sages

Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 10 | HP 80/83 | AC 25(29), T 14, FF 23(27) | Fort +13(15), Ref +9(11), Will +15(17) | Init +3 | Perc +14(16) | Sense Motive +17(19) | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/6, level 2 4/5, level 3 1/4, level 4 0/2 |

Reflex (Haste, BoF): 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 1 + 2 = 25

Good bye temp. hp...

Dunia flings herself to the side with all the grace she can borrow, flames burning through the necromantic shield that enshrouds her.

Dark Archive

HP:74/74 | AC: 21 (15T/16FF) | Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6 | BUFFS: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill

Fendel moves to catch up to the team and confront Leventi.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Hooded Champion Ranger 10 | HP 81/84 | AC *23 T *18 FF 16 | CMB *+14, CMD *30 | F: +14, R: *+19, W: +11 | Init: *+6 | Perc: *+19 SM: *+1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 2/3 2nd 2/2 3rd 1/1 | Panache: 1/1 | Active conditions: Evil Planar Penalties, Blessing of Fervor

Rudzik mutters under his breath about damned devils and follows Fendel through the scroll portal, Wilk at his side.

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +17 | HP 78|102 | AC30, T13, FF30 | Fort +14, Ref +10, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 19 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AntH, DelayP, Ext MVest x2, BBPill, EndEele, LongsS, LifeB, AirW, SoF, DeathW
Resources:
Channel 8|9, LoH8|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
3|2|5|5|3
Conditions: MI 2|2

Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Give up Leventi, this will be no more effective than the rest of your efforts.


"Oh yes it will. You will die, you are separated from your allies..." and that's about six seconds worth of taunting.

Bold may act.
Fendel
Rudzik
Eadie
Lucija
Dunia
Ando

Scarab Sages

Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 10 | HP 80/83 | AC 25(29), T 14, FF 23(27) | Fort +13(15), Ref +9(11), Will +15(17) | Init +3 | Perc +14(16) | Sense Motive +17(19) | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/6, level 2 4/5, level 3 1/4, level 4 0/2 |

Once more Dunia fills her lash with sapping necromantic hunger and darts forward with borrowed speed to slash the Devil with blessed ectoplasm!

Lash (BoF, Haste): 1d20 + 21 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 21 + 2 + 1 = 40
MGTLG Slashing: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
Vampiric Touch: 5d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 1, 1, 4) = 12


Spell Resistance: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Dunia's lash strikes out, Leventi looks down at his body... and the slash that has struck him. "I had it all... so well planned."

As he begins falling, the rest of the group stumble their way out of the scroll-portal, just in time to see the aftermath of Dunia's actions. A slain Leventi on the floor, and a haunt materializing. Gonna handwave the haunt as I think you can blast it away.

Zarta returns shortly thereafter, not having hastened through the portal, and goes to gather up the soul of Gellius Thrune.

Leventi carries an angelskin handy haversack that contains eight legal texts written in a variety of languages (including several completely unknown to Golarion), a handful of semiprecious gems he uses to bribe mortals as needed, and several wrapped parcels protecting the pieces of a suit of infernal armor (this functions as demon armor but resembles a cornugon and inflicts poison with its claw attacks rather than contagion).

Gellius recognizes Zarta’s Davian ancestry and conceals a scheming smile with reminiscences about a brief fling with Rufino Davian. He asks for his freedom, but Zarta pockets the jar and contract, saying, “All in due time.”

With Gellius secured and Leventi dealt with, the PCs and Zarta make their way back to the hellmouth and travel back to Skyreach. There, Zarta consults with Gellius’s trapped soul before using the melancholic talisman to permanently shut down the portal. The talisman briefly flares as Zarta closes the hellmouth. The infernal scents fade slowly as Gellius Thrune’s bound soul bobs approvingly. “Closed as promised, Lady Davian.” Zarta winces slightly. “Of course, I cannot promise perfect control in this state…” The disembodied head nods within its glass prison. “But before we quibble over terms, let me speak plainly, for I see in you the same need that has consumed me for centuries: revenge against House Thrune.”

Zarta twirls the point of a blade on Gellius’ infernal contract as she contemplates his offer. “I admit I’ve yearned for this: a chance to slide the knife in, slow and deep, and see those who betrayed me twist on it. Not only did Thrune betray me, but I’ve known for only a few years that they were also responsible for the deaths and erasure of my ancestors, House Davian. However, as I look at you, my treasures, the choice is less clear. I have made a home here, with those who risked their souls to rescue me. Undermining Thrune and restoring Davian would mean leaving this behind, resigning my position, so that Thrune’s reprisals would not target the Society.” She smiles. “So please, tell me how you can’t bear to be without me or how my absence would only stoke your ardor.”

She is clearly looking to the group for suggestions.

Scarab Sages

Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 10 | HP 80/83 | AC 25(29), T 14, FF 23(27) | Fort +13(15), Ref +9(11), Will +15(17) | Init +3 | Perc +14(16) | Sense Motive +17(19) | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/6, level 2 4/5, level 3 1/4, level 4 0/2 |

"It ain' as though you been sittin' idle wit' de Society, but a chance to bring down de Thrice-Damned Thrunes? If you' willin' to toss de dice, let 'em roll."

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Hooded Champion Ranger 10 | HP 81/84 | AC *23 T *18 FF 16 | CMB *+14, CMD *30 | F: +14, R: *+19, W: +11 | Init: *+6 | Perc: *+19 SM: *+1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 2/3 2nd 2/2 3rd 1/1 | Panache: 1/1 | Active conditions: Evil Planar Penalties, Blessing of Fervor

Rudzik shrugs. "T'ain't my decision to make, but if y'find someone who could really benefit from an arrow in the eye, y'know where to find me."

So, Rudzik doesn't care either way. As a player (and as a player currently playing Hell's Rebels), I would encourage her to overthrow Thrune.

Scarab Sages

Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 10 | HP 80/83 | AC 25(29), T 14, FF 23(27) | Fort +13(15), Ref +9(11), Will +15(17) | Init +3 | Perc +14(16) | Sense Motive +17(19) | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/6, level 2 4/5, level 3 1/4, level 4 0/2 |

I'll also defer to the Dark Archive folk in the group, as this seems more likely to impact them :-)

401 to 450 of 459 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SO -Outpost II- What Prestige is Worth All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.