SO -Outpost II- What Prestige is Worth

Game Master ScorchedOne

Maps & Handouts


201 to 250 of 257 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

You do have the feeling that the bargain struck will have no penalty. The proprietor was so pleased with your performance that a bonus was in order, and Devils while Lawful still do appreciate a grand performance. Consequently, since there were multiple crits you would've gotten morale bonuses had this fight not already been over.

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: (31) (33 vs disarm, sunder; 36 grapple) | F: +18, R: (+11), W: +16 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: alchemical grease, life bubble, shield, enlarge person, shield of faith, RE 30 (fire), air walk

“Yeah, diamond + imp sounds OK to me.”

Eadie moon-walks back to earth hæll in front of the Pit boss. “BTW, where is the little bugger, Mr/s Cerenthiel?”

“Also, do you have any more Erins that need decavitating?”

She raises her dripping blade. “Shame to let the blessed oil go to waste.”

♆ ♆

Once they’re away from their host, Eadie asks, “Isn’t the paracountess supposed to meet us here? Can anyone see her?”

perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26

She rubs the chin-guard of her helm. “Or maybe she’ll show up after we’ve visited the hag again?”

“Fen, are you going to question the imp? Let me know if I can help.”

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +13 | HP 102|102 | AC29, T12, FF27 | Fort +14, Ref +12, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 18 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AH, DP, Ext MV x2, BBPill, EE, LS, LB, AW,
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
3|7|4|4|4
Conditions: Delay Poison
Eadie Navhelan wrote:
Once they’re away from their host, Eadie asks, “Isn’t the paracountess supposed to meet us here? Can anyone see her?”

I don't think so but we can contact her with one of the sending scrolls but we might want to wait until we have questioned our imp friend here.

Smiling he turns to Tholvinus, So Imp, we are looking for information on your prior master, Thrune. If you work with us then you have a chance for freedom... He glances over at Eadie as she cleans her gore soaked blade. If not then...

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 28 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 28 - 4 = 41


Botting Eadie's Intimidate:
Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

"Fine, I tell you. Sooner we're done the sooner I can get back to advancing my stature! Gellius almost escaped through a hellmouth, Leventi is being negligent. We almost got away, centuries I was planning! Bah." He seems to have little else to offer.

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: (31) (33 vs disarm, sunder; 36 grapple) | F: +18, R: (+11), W: +16 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: alchemical grease, life bubble, shield, enlarge person, shield of faith, RE 30 (fire), air walk

" 'K"

"Do we want to consider taking the diamond back to the shop for the first piece of intelligence we were looking for? Like 'cos now we wouldn't be out of pocket."

"No need to tell me how smart I am." She holds up a hand modestly. "I already know."

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

"Agreed. That was very well considered Eadie."

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +13 | HP 102|102 | AC29, T12, FF27 | Fort +14, Ref +12, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 18 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AH, DP, Ext MV x2, BBPill, EE, LS, LB, AW,
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
3|7|4|4|4
Conditions: Delay Poison

Seems like a plan says Ando. What do we do with our talkative imp? I suggest we keep him for now.

Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

"I thought the Paracountess may have some ideas."


I see a lot of "what if" but not a lot of "we do this", so let me know what's going down that I may respond to it.

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: (31) (33 vs disarm, sunder; 36 grapple) | F: +18, R: (+11), W: +16 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: alchemical grease, life bubble, shield, enlarge person, shield of faith, RE 30 (fire), air walk

GM ScorchedOne, can we go see the hag again please? We'll see what she thinks of our 10,000 gp ice -- in hell :)

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +13 | HP 102|102 | AC29, T12, FF27 | Fort +14, Ref +12, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 18 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AH, DP, Ext MV x2, BBPill, EE, LS, LB, AW,
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
3|7|4|4|4
Conditions: Delay Poison

Ok, lets go see this hag and spend our newly won riches

Ando sets off in the direction of her shop.


You enter her shop and she immediately recognizes you, though you have a bit of trouble recognizing her as her shape has changed dramatically. "Oh back again are you? Well it's still the same, I'll not be cheated in my own shop!"

Scarab Sages

Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 10 | HP 87/83 | AC 25(29), T 14, FF 23(27) | Fort +13(15), Ref +9(11), Will +15(17) | Init +3 | Perc +14(16) | Sense Motive +17(19) | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/6, level 2 4/5, level 3 2/4, level 4 2/2 |

Dunia doesn't quite manage a smile, but her scowl lessens. "Ain' no cheatin' necessary. Still int'rested in sellin' of de soul of Ophelia Peran?"

Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

The detective produces the diamond. "I believe this jewel meets your most recent established purchase price."

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +13 | HP 102|102 | AC29, T12, FF27 | Fort +14, Ref +12, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 18 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AH, DP, Ext MV x2, BBPill, EE, LS, LB, AW,
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
3|7|4|4|4
Conditions: Delay Poison

And then some cuts in Ando. We expect change!

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: (31) (33 vs disarm, sunder; 36 grapple) | F: +18, R: (+11), W: +16 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: alchemical grease, life bubble, shield, enlarge person, shield of faith, RE 30 (fire), air walk

"... for the better from you, Missy!"


"Ha, you mortals, always making jokes." She examines the gem. "I could make this trade, it is close enough to equal." She accepts the gem from you and delivers the contract for the soul of Ophelia Peran. "Very well, now unless you wish to make other bargains?"

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +13 | HP 102|102 | AC29, T12, FF27 | Fort +14, Ref +12, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 18 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AH, DP, Ext MV x2, BBPill, EE, LS, LB, AW,
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
3|7|4|4|4
Conditions: Delay Poison

Oh, I dont think so says Ando backing out of the shop. Lets have a look at this contract, see if it is all in order...

Ando hands it to Fendel as the one of the group most likely to be able to make any sense of it.

Linguistics assist, hell: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 4 = 12

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: (31) (33 vs disarm, sunder; 36 grapple) | F: +18, R: (+11), W: +16 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: alchemical grease, life bubble, shield, enlarge person, shield of faith, RE 30 (fire), air walk
Hag from hell wrote:
"Ha, you mortals, always making jokes."

"Yeah."

Eadie < laughs > and slaps her knee. "And butchering folks who wrong us."

"Ciao. Ciao."


The Hag takes no offense at your careful consideration. She's being completely open and honest, because you don't have to lie to do evil things and cheat people. The contract is completely in order, though Fendel may certainly examine it closely should he so wish.

Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

Well, it IS why The Society sent me afterall.

The detective offers a quick perusal to ensure the document is original, in order and has no hidden dangers or concealed 'bargains'. He nods to the team approving the contract's authenticity. He turns to the hag, "I believe this concludes our deal. By the way, your records are dutifully and impeccably maintained."

Linguistics {Take 10, HELL}: 10 + 22 - 2 + 1d6 ⇒ 10 + 22 - 2 + (4) = 34
Know {everything but PLANES, Take 10, HELL}: 10 + 24 - 2 + 1d6 ⇒ 10 + 24 - 2 + (6) = 38
Know PLANES {Take 10, HELL}: 10 + 26 - 2 + 1d6 ⇒ 10 + 26 - 2 + (1) = 35


The Hag seems pleased by the compliment, but she gives no other comment.

You now have an imp, and the contract for a soul. Next steps?

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +13 | HP 102|102 | AC29, T12, FF27 | Fort +14, Ref +12, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 18 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AH, DP, Ext MV x2, BBPill, EE, LS, LB, AW,
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
3|7|4|4|4
Conditions: Delay Poison

Ando looks around to make sure they are not being watched. I think it might be time to contact Zarta again. We have the information from the Imp about Leventi being lax in managing his souls and the Peran persons soul. Perhaps she has found additional material we can use.

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 11 | HP: 126/126 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +16 (+21 [20] with heavy blades), CMD: (31) (33 vs disarm, sunder; 36 grapple) | F: +18, R: (+11), W: +16 (+2 vs death effects, +3 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: alchemical grease, life bubble, shield, enlarge person, shield of faith, RE 30 (fire), air walk

"Agreed, Ando. Does anyone remember how that message magic thingie works?"

"Also, Lucija or Dunia. Can you please read one of my shield scrolls into my vibrant purple ion stone?"

Scarab Sages

Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 10 | HP 87/83 | AC 25(29), T 14, FF 23(27) | Fort +13(15), Ref +9(11), Will +15(17) | Init +3 | Perc +14(16) | Sense Motive +17(19) | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/6, level 2 4/5, level 3 2/4, level 4 2/2 |

Dunia nods brusquely and recharges Eadie's stone. "Gettin' back in touch wit' Zarta'd be de better part of valor."

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +13 | HP 102|102 | AC29, T12, FF27 | Fort +14, Ref +12, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 18 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AH, DP, Ext MV x2, BBPill, EE, LS, LB, AW,
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
3|7|4|4|4
Conditions: Delay Poison

Ando sits down to compose a message to Zarta, Got Gellius familiar, Leventi negligent, Gellius and familiar nearly escaped, bought soul of Ophelia Peran. Advise next steps and your position

So, where do we think our next stop should be?

I have lost track a bit about what leads we have

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Hooded Champion Ranger 10 | HP 84/84 | AC 21 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12, CMD 28 | F: +14, R: +17, W: +11 | Init: *+6 | Perc: *+19 SM: *+1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/3 2nd 2/2 3rd 1/1 | Panache: 1/1 | Active conditions: Evil Planar Penalties

"We're lookin' fer evidence of this Leventi feller's wrongdoing, ain't we?" Rudzik mutters, his backwaters accent becoming more pronounced from the stress of Hell. "We do that, we get 'is soul, feller tells us how to close the portal permanently. We were told this Leventi feller was renting this 'ere soul - reckon the poor bastard can tell us what he's been up to?" He squints at the contract suspiciously. "How's that thing even work?"


You have the Fallen Fastness, a library, that you can still explore. Otherwise you have some evidence and could confront Leventi.

Having contacted Zarta, she returns a message. Have searched library to little avail. Have received message from Eleusys, palace. You are invited. Travelling to Ghetto, myself.

Scarab Sages

Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 10 | HP 87/83 | AC 25(29), T 14, FF 23(27) | Fort +13(15), Ref +9(11), Will +15(17) | Init +3 | Perc +14(16) | Sense Motive +17(19) | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/6, level 2 4/5, level 3 2/4, level 4 2/2 |

"Le's start wit' de library. Leventi can wait."

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +13 | HP 102|102 | AC29, T12, FF27 | Fort +14, Ref +12, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 18 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AH, DP, Ext MV x2, BBPill, EE, LS, LB, AW,
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
3|7|4|4|4
Conditions: Delay Poison

Ando nods, Sure, lets head to the library

Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

FINALLY, a worthwhile task!


Your entourage is travelling toward the library when you get the sneaking suspicion Perception DC 26 which I know at least one of you auto-passes that you are being tailed, though as soon as you are conscious of the fact, your tail disappears... only to reappear moments later with aid!

Inits:
Fendel: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 2 = 12
Rudzik: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 = 19
Lucija: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Dunia: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Ando: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Eadie: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Baddies: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Init Order: Bold may act. You can see three foes. Something tells you that you may know of one of them...

Ando
Dunia
Rudzik

Them
Fendel
Lucija
Eadie

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Hooded Champion Ranger 10 | HP 84/84 | AC 21 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12, CMD 28 | F: +14, R: +17, W: +11 | Init: *+6 | Perc: *+19 SM: *+1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/3 2nd 2/2 3rd 1/1 | Panache: 1/1 | Active conditions: Evil Planar Penalties

If we noticed we were being followed, would it be reasonable that weapons would be in hand when initiative is rolled?

Ridzik's bow almost leaps to his hands as he spies another archer on a rooftop. "Look alive, people!" he calls as he launches arrow after arrow.

Leaving out Favored Enemies bonuses to Attack and Damage - +2 vs humans, +4 vs evil outsiders. GM, if you can let me know which (if any) apply, I can incorporate them into the dice rolls in subsequent rounds.

Regular Longbow, RS, DA: 1d20 + 18 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (11) + 18 - 2 - 3 = 24
Piercing damage, DA: 1d8 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 6 = 10

Rapid Shot Longbow, RS, DA: 1d20 + 18 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (18) + 18 - 2 - 3 = 31
Piercing damage, DA: 1d8 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 6 = 13

Iterative Longbow, RS, DA: 1d20 + 13 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (7) + 13 - 2 - 3 = 15
Piercing damage, DA: 1d8 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 6 = 12

If weapons not drawn:
Rudzik pulls out his bow, calls to his companions, and casts aspect of the falcon instead of full-attacking.


N Male Wolf Tracker Companion 9 | HP 94/94 | AC 27 T 12 FF 24 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +11, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +1 | Speed 50ft | Active conditions: None

Wilk moves in front of Rudzik, teeth bared at anyone who dares threaten his friends.

Readied Attack should an opponent come within reach:
Bite: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Bite damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Trip: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (13) + 21 = 34

Scarab Sages

Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 10 | HP 87/83 | AC 25(29), T 14, FF 23(27) | Fort +13(15), Ref +9(11), Will +15(17) | Init +3 | Perc +14(16) | Sense Motive +17(19) | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/6, level 2 4/5, level 3 2/4, level 4 2/2 |

Any knowledges to identify them? Knowing if they have Spell Resistance (for example) can very much change Dunia's turn.

Knowledge (planes)?: 1d20 + 15 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 15 + 2 - 2 = 26

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +13 | HP 102|102 | AC29, T12, FF27 | Fort +14, Ref +12, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 18 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AH, DP, Ext MV x2, BBPill, EE, LS, LB, AW,
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
3|7|4|4|4
Conditions: Delay Poison

Ando raises a hand and intones a quick spell. Blessings of Cayden on you all he mutters as divine energy surges through the group.

Casting Blessing of Fervour on the group. Please remember to pick your benefit. Ando always defaults to the AC bonues


These appear very much to be humanoids, of at least partially human heritage. Dunia will still have her r1 actions, but posting to expedite since my posting is still somewhat spotty this week. You would not have had weapons out, spotting them specifically only negates their surprise round.

The one hiding around the first corner does something to his weapon... then casts a spell and vanishes from sight. Spellcraft will tell you he cast Greater Invisibility.

The one on the roof sees a fellow bowman, and fires!

Spoiler:
Attacks: 1d20 + 18 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 18 + 4 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 4 = 11
Attacks: 1d20 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 13 + 4 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 4 = 11
Attacks: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 4 = 31
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 4 = 14

Barring any differences in statblock, looks like 36 damage to Rudzik.

The final one around the last building, who looks very much like someone you have a piece of paper relating to, drinks a potion. It looks like she thought she would have more time before this went down.

Ando
Dunia 2 rounds
Rudzik

Them
Fendel
Lucija
Eadie

Dark Archive

female Gnome Summoner 11
Spoiler:
|AC 21*, T 14*, FF 18|HP: 72/72|F +4, R +6*, W +5 (+7 vs MA, +4 vs fear, +2 vs despair/confusion/insanity/death)|Init +1, Perc 0|CMB +10* CMD 19|8/10 Summon Monster VI, 2/2 Maker's Call, 1/1 Pride, 1/1 Mysteries

I'll take the +2 bonuses, for now....

"Just the three of them?!" Sniffs Lucija disdainfully. "FOOLS!"

She bellows words of power, conjuring a crackling polygonal portal that spews forth 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 giant wasps of twisted and eldritch-looking design (they're also Augmented, of course)!

wasp sting vs who is that masked man?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 1) + 9 = 13
Dexterity damage on failed DC 20 Fortitude save vs poison: 1d2 ⇒ 2

wasp sting vs My Little Ponytail: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 4) + 9 = 18
Critical threat!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Bonus damage?: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (6, 1) + 9 = 16
Dexterity damage on failed DC 20 Fortitude save vs poison: 1d2 ⇒ 2

wasp sting, flank vs lalalala, knife-ladyyy! #1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 5) + 9 = 17
Dexterity damage on failed DC 20 Fortitude save vs poison: 1d2 ⇒ 1

wasp sting, flank vs lalalala, knife-ladyyy! #2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 6) + 9 = 16
Dexterity damage on failed DC 20 Fortitude save vs poison: 1d2 ⇒ 1

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +13 | HP 102|102 | AC29, T12, FF27 | Fort +14, Ref +12, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 18 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AH, DP, Ext MV x2, BBPill, EE, LS, LB, AW,
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
3|7|4|4|4
Conditions: Delay Poison

Andorra defensively casts invisibility purge. He cannot fail the check.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Hooded Champion Ranger 10 | HP 84/84 | AC 21 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12, CMD 28 | F: +14, R: +17, W: +11 | Init: *+6 | Perc: *+19 SM: *+1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/3 2nd 2/2 3rd 1/1 | Panache: 1/1 | Active conditions: Evil Planar Penalties

Rudzik winces at the arrows, then returns fire at the rooftop archer.

Regular Longbow, RS, DA, FE, Aspect of the Falcon: 1d20 + 18 - 2 - 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 18 - 2 - 3 + 2 + 1 = 32
Piercing damage, DA, FE: 1d8 + 3 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 6 + 2 = 12

Rapid Shot Longbow, RS, DA, FE, AotF: 1d20 + 18 - 2 - 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 18 - 2 - 3 + 2 + 1 = 27
Piercing damage, DA, FE: 1d8 + 3 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 6 + 2 = 13

Blessing of Fervor Longbow, RS, DA, FE, AotF: 1d20 + 18 - 2 - 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 18 - 2 - 3 + 2 + 1 = 22
Piercing damage, DA, FE: 1d8 + 3 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 6 + 2 = 16

Iterative Longbow, RS, DA, FE, AotF: 1d20 + 13 - 2 - 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 13 - 2 - 3 + 2 + 1 = 31
Piercing damage, DA, FE: 1d8 + 3 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 6 + 2 = 14
Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 13 - 2 - 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 13 - 2 - 3 + 2 + 1 = 17
Crit damage: 2d8 + 6 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (6, 2) + 6 + 12 + 4 = 30

Rudzik ignores partial cover and concealment when shooting, and does not provoke AoO for making ranged attacks with a longbow. He does have cover from return fire thanks to Wilk.

Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6

The detective spits out a quick incantation as he steps forward to clear out a lane for the others. He then takes a closer look at the yellow clad rooftop archer.

Casting Gravity Bow and then using Studied Target on the roof top archer.

Scarab Sages

Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 10 | HP 87/83 | AC 25(29), T 14, FF 23(27) | Fort +13(15), Ref +9(11), Will +15(17) | Init +3 | Perc +14(16) | Sense Motive +17(19) | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/6, level 2 4/5, level 3 2/4, level 4 2/2 |

Dunia is well practiced at seeing otherworldly things and quickly unveils that which would hide from her. Then, seeking to protect her companions she stomps forward with a crack of her mighty lash!

Turn one actions: Use See Invisibility SLA then Move, drawing her lash en route.
Turn two: Dunia will Full Attack starting with Ghoul Touch if 'at least partially humanoids' doesn't mean planetouched Tieflings or something :-). Otherwise, just assume she used Brand to get the extra attack.

Lash (Heroism): 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 17 + 2 = 27 DC 18 Fort or Paralyzed and stinky
MGTLGS: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Lash (Heroism): 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 17 + 2 = 28
MGTLGS: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Lash (Heroism): 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 17 + 2 = 20
MGTLGS: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Lash (Heroism): 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 2 = 15 :-/
MGTLGS: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


Though several of their adversaries are woefully injured, the fight is brought to a pause as a cadre of Erinyes arrive, and demand to know what is going on with this unscheduled fighting in the streets!

Your opposition presents to these Erinyes paperwork, claiming that you are wanted criminals and that they are collecting on a bounty. The Erinyes inspect the paperwork, and then demand that the party ceases resisting the arrest.

What do you do? We are temporarily out of initiative, but you may initiate combat if you so wish, or there are other options.

Scarab Sages

Female Oread Spiritualist (Ectoplasmatist) 10 | HP 87/83 | AC 25(29), T 14, FF 23(27) | Fort +13(15), Ref +9(11), Will +15(17) | Init +3 | Perc +14(16) | Sense Motive +17(19) | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/6, level 2 4/5, level 3 2/4, level 4 2/2 |

Dunia is quite suspicious of a forgery, "Can we see de warrant. We ain' been here long enough to get any kind of bounty, you ask me."
Linguistics: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 2 - 2 = 15

Dark Archive

female Gnome Summoner 11
Spoiler:
|AC 21*, T 14*, FF 18|HP: 72/72|F +4, R +6*, W +5 (+7 vs MA, +4 vs fear, +2 vs despair/confusion/insanity/death)|Init +1, Perc 0|CMB +10* CMD 19|8/10 Summon Monster VI, 2/2 Maker's Call, 1/1 Pride, 1/1 Mysteries

Assuming we are permitted to look at the papers:

"Stand aside, fool of a bokor, you are handling those documents entirely wrong...!"

Linguistics, guidance, Hell: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 14 - 4 = 27 -4 is the total penalty for being CN in Hell, correct?

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Hooded Champion Ranger 10 | HP 84/84 | AC 21 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12, CMD 28 | F: +14, R: +17, W: +11 | Init: *+6 | Perc: *+19 SM: *+1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/3 2nd 2/2 3rd 1/1 | Panache: 1/1 | Active conditions: Evil Planar Penalties

Correct - -2 for not evil, -2 for not lawful

Rudzik leans over and whispers to Fendel and Ando. "Ain't she the one we got a contract for? Maybe she don't know she don't have to work for someone else now."

Dark Archive

HP: 73/74 | AC: Current:27 (15 T/20 FF) Normal:21 (15T/16FF) Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +8 | Buffs: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill, Longstrider, Darkvision, Life Bubble, Shield, False Life, Delay Poison, Expeditious Retreat, Gravity Bow Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6
In the beginning... wrote:
Zarta produces a bone scroll tube with two writs scribed in Infernal, detailing the Pathfinders’ right to legally move about the city of Dis as Vetrivides’ agents for 48 hours after arrival, providing one copy to your group.

The detective pulls forth his own writ. He shows it to the Erinyes. "I believe you will find we are operating within the legal bounds of our contract. After being assaulted, we merely defended ourselves. Nothing more. If I may review their document?"

Fendel sizes up the 'bounty hunters' and the Erinyes, seeing if they believe they are acting (for what ever passes for ) legally.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 25 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 25 + (1) = 29
Linguistics: 1d20 + 22 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 22 + (2) = 27
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 25 + 1d6 ⇒ (19) + 25 + (2) = 46
Perception: 1d20 + 34 + 1d6 ⇒ (14) + 34 + (4) = 52

The Exchange

NG Human Male Life Oracle 11 Init +13 | HP 102|102 | AC29, T12, FF27 | Fort +14, Ref +12, Will +12, +2 vs death, +8 vs mind affecting | CMD 18 | Perception +15, SM +12, Lifesense 30'
Buffs:
AH, DP, Ext MV x2, BBPill, EE, LS, LB, AW,
Resources:
Channel 9|9, LoH 9|9, Reroll: Unused
Spell slots:
3|7|4|4|4
Conditions: Delay Poison

Ando also steps forward. We are acting with the full authority of the Osyluth Leventi. Clearly these criminals, who ambushed us in the streets, are in the wrong here.

Diplomacy, hell: 1d20 + 28 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 28 - 4 = 35

Ando will take 5 damage per round from Rudzik via lifelink, let me know how many rounds we get while dealing with the Erinyes. Once Rudzki is back to full (assuming we have that long) Ando will lay on hands to recover 5d6 + 10 ⇒ (4, 1, 3, 4, 4) + 10 = 26 HP


Fendel and Lucija are able to determine that the opposing side's documentation is full of malarkey. Additionally, by providing Vetrivides' writ, you are recognized as being lawfully entitled to proceed without molestation. The Erinyes, grudgingly, look at the bounty hunters with a gleam in their eyes.

Do you wish to 'brandish' the contract for Ophelia also? Saw someone mention it sorta.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Hooded Champion Ranger 10 | HP 84/84 | AC 21 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12, CMD 28 | F: +14, R: +17, W: +11 | Init: *+6 | Perc: *+19 SM: *+1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/3 2nd 2/2 3rd 1/1 | Panache: 1/1 | Active conditions: Evil Planar Penalties

Rudzik sighs. "Ophelia, get yer ass over here," he yells as the devils turn their attention to her group. "Fendel here's got yer contract - time fer y'to travel with us, keep y'out o' trouble." He turns to his fellow archer. "Show 'er the paper thing - I ain't young enough for this stuff anymore."

201 to 250 of 257 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SO -Outpost II- What Prestige is Worth All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.